Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Ugh!! I can already tell I'm going to want to slap Kristina several thousand times tomorrow.

And of course, while Sonny was the one who encouraged Alexis to not tell Kristina about Parker, Alexis is the one getting screamed at.  Ugh.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

And of course, while Sonny was the one who encouraged Alexis to not tell Kristina about Parker, Alexis is the one getting screamed at.  Ugh.

And I'm sure if Kristina finds out about that she'll just shrug her shoulders and talk about how somehow Sonny's reaction is more understandable and that Alexis is just trying to look superior. Of course we haven't seen the whole show, but it's so odd that Kristina's initial response is to assume that Alexis feels so bad about her life that she would try to sabotage Kristina's life. Alexis certainly has her faults, but I'm not sure why Kristina would jump to that.

There's something about Kristina's anger with Alexis, at least recently, where she seems to go nuclear with her while only being mildly annoyed with Sonny. I suppose it makes sense - it's one way in which she's exactly like Sonny.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

I ask again, are we supposed to be caring about Jordan and Andre?  'Cause...not so much.

Or Kristina and what's his face. No seriously I forget his name. Oh! Aaron. 

1 hour ago, Oracle42 said:

I'm sorry, but if they wanted Nik to look like a hero they probably should've chosen someone other than Ava for him to save. Because every time someone mentions it, I remember that was no reason for her to even be there

Yeah. We've had a lot of insta friends and relationships since Ron and Frank took over but this one may take the cake. "Oh no Nikolas is dead! Otherwise we would have had a DEEP SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP!" That's what I tell myself about hot guys too Ava. "Oh, if only his airplane seat was right next to mine instead of across the aisle! Then we totally would have had a relationship! Totally!"

We know the baby is gonna be fine, because if it wasn't Sam would have said something to Jason and then the baby would have malaria, okay show? Okay.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

There's something about Kristina's anger with Alexis, at least recently, where she seems to go nuclear with her while only being mildly annoyed with Sonny. I suppose it makes sense - it's one way in which she's exactly like Sonny.

Kristina is probably worried about how Sonny would react if she got really mad at him. His track record is not encouraging. Also, you always hate the one who's closer to you. Alexis has always been the parent who's been there for Kristina.

• Love 6

I ask again, are we supposed to be caring about Jordan and Andre?

After today, I think we're going to find out that Andre is the hospital killer and JOrdan will hate herself for not seeing it, since she's a cop.  And she'll turn to Curtis for comfort.  I'm calling it now!

Please tell me Liz wasn't pining over St. Jasus!

She didn't appear to be but then who knows what the direction will tell her to do tomorrow.  

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Perkie said:

She didn't appear to be but then who knows what the direction will tell her to do tomorrow.  

Oh I don't know...she seemed kind of sick at the thought of Sam having another Jason baby.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, backhometome said:

So are Sam/Liez besties now lawd. Those scenes should have been with her mother or sisters. I mean I dont want to see catfights over Jason or anything but for Sam to confide to Liez of all people is just odd. 

Well, it's not like Sam set out to confide in Liz.  And Sam's attitude seemed to be, "You're a nurse who's been pregnant a bunch, obviously you know I just had morning sickness, I won't bother lying about it."  So, I dunno, I was okay with how the scenes came to be, if that makes sense.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Based on FV's interview on the Parker/Kristina story, it's entirely possible that he, and the rest of this writing team, knows next to nothing about Kristina and her history with Sonny so they're just having her kiss his butt like everyone else does

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I only watched the scenes Laura, Kevin, and/or Lucy were in and I enjoyed all of them. Well, maybe not the Ava/Laura scenes just because the whole thing is so stupid.

I can kind of understand where Laura is coming from as a mother, but weren't she/Kevin/Dante/Lulu there when Nik died? Why would she have to ask Ava about it?

Just now, LexieLily said:

I can kind of understand where Laura is coming from as a mother, but weren't she/Kevin/Dante/Lulu there when Nik died? Why would she have to ask Ava about it?

I mean they weren't actually in the room, but still Ava already told Laura all about it anyway. Those scenes just seemed so pointless on multiple levels.

• Love 1

All this "Poor dead Nikolas!" stuff is, like the Luke maybe-skeleton, non-drama because we know he's gonna resurface eventually.  And we saw everyone grieve when he faked his death, we don't need the rerun.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, backhometome said:

So are Sam/Liez besties now lawd. Those scenes should have been with her mother or sisters. I mean I dont want to see catfights over Jason or anything but for Sam to confide to Liez of all people is just odd. 

Both Sam and Liz are OOC. Just like every other character associated with The Lie. Because the show wanted it both ways. They wanted to twist and turn characters to carry The Lie and then pretend it never happened when it was over. It's why the only conflict between Liz and Jason (and Sam, by association), for example, is Franco. 

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Also, what is up with the ethical standards at GH that the nurse can just hand Laura Kevin's test results?

Same ethical standards that had Liz keep an amnesiac former patient at her house and lets Franco regularly interact with a patient and his mother at outside of work, while sexually harassing the mother at their place of employment, going to so far as to trap her in an elevator and cover a security camera.  

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Same ethical standards that had Liz keep an amnesiac former patient at her house and lets Franco regularly interact with a patient and his mother at outside of work, while sexually harassing the mother at their place of employment, going to so far as to trap her in an elevator and cover a security camera.  

Don't forget switching paternity results so Sam wouldn't know her baby was alive. That moral compass of hers is spot on!

I seriously can't believe they had Sam tell Liz she was pregnant, like Liz wouldn't have been plotting to kidnap Sam and steal that baby if this had been a few months ago. Jason and Sam together is essentially her worst nightmare, and now Sam's having another baby with Jason. No way she's okay with that, but I'm sure the show will keep telling me she is...of course until the day she isn't. Cause that's GH, and that's just how they roll.

• Love 12

HIPAA has always been nothing but a plot point. It doesn't really bother me, because this is a soap, but it cracks me up when someone invokes it with self-righteous outrage. Like, yeah, two minutes ago you were talking about this same thing in front of the elevator banks.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Also, what is up with the ethical standards at GH that the nurse can just hand Laura Kevin's test results?

Heeeee, "ethical standards," Lexielily, you made a funny! This hospital regularly employs the criminally insane, I think HIPAA is probably beyond them.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

HIPAA has always been nothing but a plot point. It doesn't really bother me, because this is a soap, but it cracks me up when someone invokes it with self-righteous outrage. Like, yeah, two minutes ago you were talking about this same thing in front of the elevator banks.

But there was a time on GH where the show usually gave shit about ethics. When Kevin had his breakdown, he was suspended from the hospital and regularly seeing a psychologist. The doctors had extreme personalities, to say it kindly, but they were trained as doctors and tried to keep it out of their professional responsibilities to patients (with each other is a different story), and there was Steve Hardy there to keep everything in check. If they didn't keep it out of their professional lives, it was its own storyline. Now the hospital is having a terrorist as their head for a good two years and a former serial killer as an art therapist, a position that requires at least a Masters in Art Therapy to apply. I thought Liz wouldn't be able to transfer because she works as a nurse, but at least she has training in the medical field and has interacted for years with all sort of patients. When the current art therapist's art work also doubled as evidence for a string of murders, maybe he shouldn't be the one administrating art therapy to others.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 5

I think reverting his stories to the same old dark schtick with young babes is only going to kill Finn

I wouldn't call Rebecca Budig or Kelly Monaco or Rebecca Herbst "young babes". They all three are close to or over 40-officially middle aged. And as one myself, I say that with utmost affection. We can be babes, just not "young" ones.

I hear Dillon has an STD, or may have one? Oh, show. You never fail to gross me out on levels I cannot begin to describe.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

But there was a time on GH where the show usually gave shit about ethics.

Sadly, that hasn't been true for a long time. The show stopped caring about ethics around the same time it stopped caring about coherent stories.

3 hours ago, ulkis said:

We know the baby is gonna be fine, because if it wasn't Sam would have said something to Jason and then the baby would have malaria, okay show? Okay.

Sam probably has something else wrong with her. No woman is allowed an uneventful pregnancy. 

• Love 6

Just watched the Liz and Sam scenes. Liz telling Sam not to keep secrets from Jason is the most laughable thing ever. And I don't think I'd be telling Liz it's kind of her to give me a ride. Knowing Liz's track record, at this point, with Jason, she's already figuring out how to get Sam out of the picture. 

Edited by NetflixandChill
  • Love 7

I don't think the show has cared about ethics since the Luke/Laura rapemance. Things were far less PC back then, but still. A show that would even go there and promote that kind of thing, already didn't give a flying flip about 'ethics". 

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I don't understand why she thought she could just show up and claim to be the donor and that Carly wouldn't want her to be tested. She herself said that she doesn't know for sure if she is or not. 

And I'm still amazed that Liez is more concerned with constantly bitching at Hayden or hanging out with Freako than she is with finding out what happened to her son. 

Elizabeth is on prop duty to make HateChel and Franco relevant, so she does not have time to actually find out what happened to Jake.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I didn't like Jordan's top. 

Ava and Liz should be written out. 

Followed closely by Sam, Carly, Maxie, etc..

6 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Was that Franco in the previews whining again about how people treat him like a serial killer just because he spent several decades gleefully serial killing random people and then settled down in a town full of people that he hurt and terrorized?

Todd Manning's woobie moobie face is back!  Let's watch Todd whine and manipulate his loved ones... er -- Franco.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Both Sam and Liz are OOC. Just like every other character associated with The Lie. Because the show wanted it both ways. They wanted to twist and turn characters to carry The Lie and then pretend it never happened when it was over. It's why the only conflict between Liz and Jason (and Sam, by association), for example, is Franco. 

There was plenty of drama without the lie!   Robin is rescued by her parents and outs that Jason Morgan is alive and then the search is on to find him.  Lake, Samtrick and the kids lives are all upended once Jake Doe's memories return....  Sigh.  No bad guys, except Helena, Faison and Viktor and they don't give a rats ass!

• Love 2

I was sort of confused as to why Liz and Sam were talking in the first place. It felt soo random.

It's a pretty good set - might as well use it as a nursery because only the swell Corinthos family merits plots.  At least the picture of Lila and Edward on the fireplace mantel was a nice touch.

Didn't mind Liz and Sam sharing scenes and it appears that the actresses were having fun.

Another episode without Sonny, Jason, or Carly and the only clunker scenes today involved a Corinthos spawn.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, TwistedandBored said:

I was sort of confused as to why Liz and Sam were talking in the first place. It felt soo random. 

Sam needs her mom but since Alexis is dealing with her own mess then her sisters would do. I hear Molly is available. 

If Sam is worried about the viability of the pregnancy there's no way she'd tell her sisters, they're way too excitable. Alexis makes the most sense but she's got way too much going on already  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TwistedandBored said:

Sam needs her mom but since Alexis is dealing with her own mess then her sisters would do. I hear Molly is available. 

Sam talking to Darby would have made more sense than Liz. I'm sorry, it's just ridiculous. I'm tired of the show always taking the easy way out, the path with the least amount of drama. It's stupid. If they really, truly want to end Liz vs. Sam, they should devote a chunk of scenes with them going over their history, apologizing, crying, whatever. But it needs to really be done for me to find any kind of "bonding" scenes between them believable. And Liz needs to completely be over Jason romantically and then acknowledged out loud by her. Which I wish they would have done years ago because Liz and her fans deserve to get a dude that just loves HER.

• Love 13

Previews...I've said this before, but Franco has to be the whiniest SERIAL KILLER in pop culture history.  And again, he's not actually sorry about anything he did, he's mopey because everybody won't just shut up and pretend it never happened.

• Love 12

Dear Kevin,
Why are you thanking Laura for saving your life (by removing the bullet)?  If she hadn't flipped out and gone after Valentin, you wouldn't have had to throw yourself in the path of the bullet.  She owes you, not the other way around.

• Love 1

I was going to talk about how great it was to see both the Lucy/Kevin scenes and the Laura/Kevin scenes, that it was nice that it was being focused on. That even though I'm sure everyone else will complain, but I loved the Ava/Laura scenes because of Maura and Genie. That the Julian/Alexis destruction continues to produce good material. That Aaron is actually too nice a guy and I wonder what would happen if he hooked up with Darby (sex jokes aside). That it was such a lovely breath of fresh air to not be subjected to Sonny, Carly, Franco, Nina, Morgan or Kiki today.

But I can't think about any of that. Because this Sam/Liz stuff is that fucked up. I don't comment too much on them, mainly because I feel everyone comments on it too much, so I don't feel like adding to it. But fuck that shit that aired today. "That's awfully kind of you"?! Really, show? You're just going to pretend like Liz didn't actively keep Sam's husband and Danny's father away from them? Just...WHY? And of course she knows that Sam's pregnant before Jason does. Of course. The sad thing is that I liked seeing BH without the bitchface, she was actually nice for a change instead of complaining that Sam stole Jason away from her. But I cannot abide any of this. It's just plain wrong. What are they trying to prove? What is the purpose of this? Is it laziness or just trying to rile up the fanbases as usual?

Epic failure, although that's pretty much par for the course.

• Love 11

It sounds like the show just wants us and the characters most affected to brush The Lie under the rug. There was an article I read recently where the show writers were basically just "Tough, deal with it" when hearing audience concern about how realistically Liz and Sam shouldn't be in scenes ever or at least be semi-friendly this soon, and both Jean and Shelly thought it was a good idea to have Liz involved in this JaSam baby story and find out Sam was pregnant. So, that's that. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I ask again, are we supposed to be caring about Jordan and Andre?  'Cause...not so much.

I like Jordan...but this thing with her and Andre isn't something I asked for and I don't want it.

I would have rather seen Sam talk to literally anyone (except Freako) instead of Liez. Even Sonny, Morgan, Kiki, Ava, Dr. O, or Tree would've been better for me. Was Danny's big wheel not available for her to confide in? 

Ava thinking about what she and Nik "could have been" was so confusing to me. What's going on here? Did they have a relationship offscreen? Did they have scenes that accidentally aired on a different show?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

I like Jordan...but this thing with her and Andre isn't something I asked for and I don't want it.

I would have rather seen Sam talk to literally anyone (except Freako) instead of Liez. Even Sonny, Morgan, Kiki, Ava, Dr. O, or Tree would've been better for me. Was Danny's big wheel not available for her to confide in? 

Ava thinking about what she and Nik "could have been" was so confusing to me. What's going on here? Did they have a relationship offscreen? Did they have scenes that accidentally aired on a different show?

Heck, Sonny would have even been a good idea considering she and he did technically have a child together, once upon a time. She's scared for her baby, and they do have that history. Or Michael would have been good, as they've built a nice little bond over the years. She has so many people she can actually talk to outside of her mom and sisters. There was no reason for it to be Liz. Come on now, show!

Edited by NetflixandChill
  • Love 7

What was with that dayplayer nurse who got in Lucy's face?  Is she the non-Franco hospital serial killer?  I did enjoy Lucy laying out her credentials.  She's been married to three doctors, ya'll, she's done a lot for that hospital!

Also, Lucy and Kevin making peace made me mad all over again that Chloe Lanier isn't playing one of their daughters.  If they're going forward with the Laura and Kevin romance, having one of their kids around would still allow Lynn Herring and Jon Lindstrom to have scenes together, which I really have missed.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, NetflixandChill said:

Heck, Sonny would have even been a good idea considering she and he did technically have a child together, once upon a time. She's scared for her baby, and they do have that history. Or Michael would have been good, as they've built a nice little bond over the years. She has so many people she can actually talk to outside of her mom and sisters. There was no reason for it to be Liz. Come on now, show!

She was at the Q mansion, how was Monica not an option?

• Love 6

So here's my thoughts on that. Although "could have been" could be interpreted a few different ways in the grand scheme of things, I think in this case the writers probably did mean it in a romantic sense. I think they're just setting up that Nik and Ava will be paired, or at least seriously tested if and when Tyler comes back. I'm not actually convinced he is coming back, no matter what was said at FCW. If that's the case, I'm not sure they'd hire back Temp Nik or just have him not on the show at all. That's why it's kind of a moot point no matter what.

They could just mean it to say that they could have been good friends who were the only ones who understood each other in a fucked up way because both of them pretended to be dead and up and left their children. And then they could have done a slow build and have them start out as friends and then progress to more. I actually think Ava needs friends much more than she needs a love interest. Scotty definitely did some truth telling the other day.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

What was with that dayplayer nurse who got in Lucy's face?  Is she the non-Franco hospital serial killer?  I did enjoy Lucy laying out her credentials.  She's been married to three doctors, ya'll, she's done a lot for that hospital!

I actually liked that scene, and the dayplayer nurse. I don't care who Lucy was married to. It's about damn time SOMEONE in that hospital at least made a real attempt at enforcing the rules.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Is it laziness or just trying to rile up the fanbases as usual?

Both probably. 

8 hours ago, ulkis said:

Well, at least Sam and Liz haven't done a dance number together. 

Just you wait until Nurses' Ball 2017!

3 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I really like Nik/Ava, but yea this is too much. They always make couples out to be so grand. STOP! Not everything has to be star-crossed lovers and grand romances one day after two people met!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I don't get this AT. ALL. Ava and Nik spent, what, three days together? I get that travel/being held hostage together forces an intimacy onto people, but COME ON. Ava spent half the time yelling at Nik for getting them into trouble she could have easily avoided in the first place if she hadn't glommed onto Nik. GAH.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I actually liked that scene, and the dayplayer nurse. I don't care who Lucy was married to. It's about damn time SOMEONE in that hospital at least made a real attempt at enforcing the rules.

What I meant was more, "Where did this random nurse come from all of a sudden?" when there's plenty of recurring ones - Felix, Piph, even Amy 2.0 - we barely see.  Though I guess it had to be someone who didn't really know Lucy.

Her braid also made me think of Nelle's.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1