Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I still can't believe they have Ava knocking around pregnant and hiding on one set. What a waste of Maura West. I think she's finally getting on that Frank Valentini happytalk slow boat to oblivion that so many other major stars on his shows get when their story begins to lull and he promises them sunshine just around the corner...

• Love 1
(edited)

Well Julian was in his tight undies so I had something to smile about. Alas everything else bored me to sleep.

So now Ava wants to contact Julian, whatever, I don't care.

Jordan and Anna continue to have the worst, most obvious "secret" meetings in the park together, whatever, I don't care. Oh, and Anna? You're still with Duke sweet cheeks, and I do love you but when you started blathering on about Alexis being with Julian it's a wonder the hypocrisy didn't rise up and slap you ass first into that trash can.

So are they going to give Rosie a "daddy" already linked to canvas or a mother? I fear it might be both and god knows who. Maybe she's a secret Alcazar...

Oh, and Alexis said that Sonny has been a good father to Kristina...I just-I mean I know Ron wasn't around back when the truth was exposed, or a good portion after that but really? Alexis would never, ever, in a million, trillion, years claim that Sonny, that greasy sack of pond scum, was ever a good father to that girl.

The bullshit is so thick and warm...I feel like I'm drowning in it whenever I watch this show now.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 2

Remember when Faison-Duke was determined to take over Sonny's mob territory? That lasted two weeks, never panned out into anything and was never mentioned again. I still don't know what that was about.

This bugs me to no end.  Just before FaisonDuke "killed" Jason, Sonny's accountant (Benny?) told him that he had been forced into embezzling all of Sonny's assets.  Nothing came out of that plot point.  Yes FaisonDuke has been neutralized, but shouldn't Sonny be strapped for cash if all his assets have vanished?  The Jerome family should have made quick work of taking over the Corrinthos empire, leaving Sonny alone, powerless, working at Kelly's and living over the diner.

• Love 1

Anna . . . but when you started blathering on about Alexis being with Julian it's a wonder the hypocrisy didn't rise up and slap you ass first into that trash can.

Don't forget the other day when she started hinting to Patrick about people who have grudges and can't separate their personal and professional issues. I was expecting a lightning bolt then. 

• Love 2

This bugs me to no end.  Just before FaisonDuke "killed" Jason, Sonny's accountant (Benny?) told him that he had been forced into embezzling all of Sonny's assets.  Nothing came out of that plot point.  Yes FaisonDuke has been neutralized, but shouldn't Sonny be strapped for cash if all his assets have vanished?  The Jerome family should have made quick work of taking over the Corrinthos empire, leaving Sonny alone, powerless, working at Kelly's and living over the diner.

Faison-Duke also had Kristina kidnapped and had those funds transferred. "I must take over Sonny's territory!" And then nothing came of it. At all. Ever. I don't think Faison ever mentioned it again. Did I mention Anna and Robert never resolved the "what did we do to Faison" plot point from November? I know Tristan Rogers surprised you by leaving, Ron, but at least tie it up. We all know he's not dead.

And the Jeromes are not the sharpest tools in the shed, let's face it. They started out pretty slick, with Julian running his media empire in secret and sabotaging all of Sonny's traffic. That gave way to public showdowns, the Journey of Carlos, catfighting with each other over living space and mob war rules, and hiring a mouthbreathing college fratboy to be your new henchman. You can fire a gun, right, Morgan? Cool, let's go! They started out pretty clever, but it was done in a couple months because Ron is just not very interested in the mob. He's interested in camp. I can't blame him for being over GH's mob stories, but if you're gonna write one different, write it well.

• Love 2
(edited)

I am half-expecting her to be Lily Rivera's other sibling. Because that is who I still expect is the next round of "who is the (wo)man behind the man" in GH's endless Legion of Doom - Undead Lily is Bill Eckert's partner or something. Lilly Melgar (among other past stars) was making a lot of random GH fan appearances last year, there was a lot of talk, and then the Carlos thing came and went.

Edited by jsbt

I don't think Sam is a terrible girlfriend.  Silas lied to her about his coma wife (& may have continued lying about it if Nathan hadn't busted him), & she hasn't known him for that long.  OTOH, she's known Patrick for almost a decade, & he's never lied to her.  Yes, they weren't "close" during the entire time they've known each other, but the fact remains.  Plus, I think Patrick has some leeway with Sam (in this situation), since they were in a similar one after Robin died & he did the surgery for Jason without killing him.

Well, there is one honkin' huge lie of omission between them, but, of course, Sam doesn't know that.  Patrick does, though, so maybe he ought to feel a little shame, instead of taking Sam's faith in him, over Silas, as his due.

• Love 2

BTW when RH was still Todd there were hints of he and Luke having a story line. Now that he is Franco that has been dropped and that is a shame. RH and AG are (or maybe were) giants in the soap business and I bet the two of them would have found a way to step it up if they had to play off of each other.

The scene at the hospital, after Luke got out from Heather's damage, was one of the best.  Two notorious citizens, one of whom was responsible for holding the other captive (and feeling guilty about it!  Always love Todd guilt),, two powerhouse actors (when they choose to bring it)...it simmered greatly and than...poof.  I do think they were going to make something of Todd's encounter with Jason-mask-wearing Luke from that Halloween.  I was betting that Todd was being drugged (see PP OLTL Clint) and he was hallucinating, especially because Luke went from the MetroCourt to Louis XVI with Tracy at the Haunted Star in a beat.  But GH lost the character (for which I am grateful) and Ron lost his way (even more.)

• Love 1
o maybe he ought to feel a little shame

"Ashamed? I've never felt ashamed about anything in my entire life, I'm certainly not going to start now". Quoting Victor Garber as the King in the TV film "Cinderella".

Patrick seems incapable of feeling ashamed about anything-he is forever and always the victim somehow, some way. If they would make him a little more conscious of his flaws, conscious of how his actions also add to all the drama and problems in his life, not just trying to pile it all on those around him, he could be far more tolerable to me.

• Love 3
Todd was being drugged (see PP OLTL Clint)

This reminded me of one of Drunk!Clint's funniest lines: "I wanna dance!"

I am half-expecting [Rosalie] to be Lily Rivera's other sibling.

Oh, GOD. Can't anyone just be a random person and not related to someone on this fakakta show?

• Love 5

Can't anyone just be a random person and not related to someone on this fakakta show?

One of the reasons I loved Ellie Trout was because they never made her someone's family.

• Love 4
(edited)

I am half-expecting her to be Lily Rivera's other sibling. 

She does sorta resemble her, I think. I'd rather her be Carlos' sister, but I'm afraid Carlos is done. I miss him so.

Anna/Jordan really are terrible at secret meetings, but IDC I love them. It was so cute when Anna told Jordan to call her Anna and Jordan reacted to that. I really like Jordan, but she is gonna fuck Shawn any day now and I just can't accept that.

I'm so here for Morgan/Rosalie. I love when Morgan smiles. Plus, they're both such snarky assholes and I love it.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

I did get a kick out of everyone bobbin' and weaving around the hospital reception to speak with or avoid each other. hey at least it happened at General Hospital.

Good thing Julian was so busy or he might have been pissed Anna and Jordan were ploting his takedown in his own living room, using his bench too.

I don't know WHAT to make of the Mickey stuff, it makes no sense, if he IS DEA then he'd know Jordan is too right? If he isn't DEA what is he hoping to get out of TJ? I mean If TJ knew his mom was DEA wouldn't he find it odd another DEA agent is asking about her and if he's fake DEA why would he think pretending to be DEA would get TJ to tell him something. oh never mind I need a cocktail now!

Rosalie and Morgan were great, very well done and understated. Both actors are much better with good material, but I was slightly envious b/c I'd have loved Maxie and Nathan to get a scene like that instead of stuck with Dunklemonkey.

They have great potiental so I'm with the group that KNOWS Ron will surely screw it up. My prediction is this is to make Lauren jealous of Rosalie and cause ill will between them that makes Nina dislike Lauren more just in time for the big reveal that Lauren is Nina's daughter. It won't be about Rosalie and Morgan at all but Nina and Lauren.

• Love 1

She does sorta resemble her, I think. I'd rather her be Carlos' sister, but I'm afraid Carlos is done. I miss him so.

I think Ron indicated in his recent tweet that Carlos is in prison and off the show, but it was unclear. It's entirely possible he could return in October having done his 48 hours and just gotten out on bail.

I am still holding out hope that it is Scott who actually figures this crap out and rescues Luke.

That's what I'm hoping for.  It would be ridiculous if Scott has a decent amount of interaction with Fluke and doesn't realize he's not Luke.  

"You've been a good father to Kristina."  Well, yeah, I mean, a bad father would have actually succeeded in blowing her up.  Sonny only "almost" blew her up.  Father of the fucking year, right there. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Please, no Morgan and Rosalie. She's already on a little too much. They're both trying too hard to be snarky. Stop.

I mean they've only had one scene, but I found her snark way toned down . . . I think probably because in a scene without Nina they don't need her to be "the voice of the audience." I tentatively enjoyed the scene, although it was stupid having Morgan confess all right away. And I was surprised, for two snarky characters, that they didn't bicker right away. I can't deal with the "no we secretly like each other but don't want to admit it" lame bickering right now. Big reason why I really can't get into Maxie/Nathan.

Anyway, back to today's episode and Morgan, I just cracked up at how determined Ava and Sonny were to make life as awkward as possible for him. 

Ava's hair looked great though. Overall, she looked great.

I enjoyed today's episode, not much to say about it though. Shut up, Alexis, maybe? Although I guess she was right, she couldn't really bitch at Sonny when's involved with a Jerome too. It was a refreshing Franco/Kiki/Spencer/Silas free day.

Oh, and there are two people who could've seen through Fluke immediately: Robert and Laura. But I could also add Lulu, Tracy, Sonny and others, and they haven't.

I'd add Lucky to the "immediate" list. If they had had FakeLuke act *subtly*, I could have bought everyone else being fooled. As it is, Luke insisting that he just had to marry Tracy now should have convinced everyone that his brains were scrambled.

Edited by ulkis

I don't mean them together so much as them separately. And I think it's just too much with them. I want to like Rosalie but they are already overplaying a new pet. Maybe Sabrina or Britt really will die in some sort of horrible assault now to make room for her.

I don't love Rosalie yet, but she's better than Kiki. I do think ultimately though

Serena is going to be Morgan's main love interest or, sigh, the center of another love triangle between Michael/Morgan

. That is just my speculation under the spoiler bars but I'm spoiler barring it just in case 

I'd add Lucky to the "immediate" list. If they had had FakeLuke act *subtly*, I could have bought everyone else being fooled. As it is, Luke insisting that he just had to marry Tracy now should have convinced everyone that his brains were scrambled.

Yeah, I discounted Lucky because we all know he ain't showing up. But he totally would.

Fluke's behavior is basically Creepy Carnival Owner through and through, but Tracy should have known. She is not this stupid or desperate. This puts the lie to the scene they had in 2012 about her not accepting Luke's "crumbs" - a scene everyone loved so much that they did it at least once or twice more after that until it got repetitious. And then she took him back!

Is seeing Sonny blather repeatedly the price we must pay to see Julian's Briefs?  What a cruel world.

I wish like hell they would move that Sonny/ Ava murder story along - it's been hanging in limbo for quite a while now, with no one finding out what's going on and no progress being made one way or the other.  Instead, we've been "treated" to months of Sonny reminding her that he's going to slit her throat before she even passes the placenta.  And the biggest UGH in the entire world to Alexis saying anything supportive to that shitty little murderous grease ball.

Rosalie was a completely different person today than she has been.  Crappy inconsistent writing, or is Nina's awfulness contagious and infects anyone in proximity?

• Love 1
(edited)

The other day they were heavily implying that Rosalie was the poison in Nina's ear and that she was the one making her be so bad.

It's like, make up your minds, folks. If Nina had stayed the creepy-ass, angry nut she was on her first big reveal I would be all over this. I know Michelle Stafford can play that. She's not playing that, she's playing mostly latter-day Phyllis.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 1
Rosalie was a completely different person today than she has been.  Crappy inconsistent writing, or is Nina's awfulness contagious and infects anyone in proximity?

bit of both.

I wish like hell they would move that Sonny/ Ava murder story along - it's been hanging in limbo for quite a while now, with no one finding out what's going on and no progress being made one way or the other.  Instead, we've been "treated" to months of Sonny reminding her that he's going to slit her throat before she even passes the placenta.  And the biggest UGH in the entire world to Alexis saying anything supportive to that shitty little murderous grease ball.

Nothing's gonna be resolved on that until the AJ reveal, unfortunately. I wonder if the AJ and Fluke plots are gonna collide in some big resolution? Otherwise it's gonna be a lot of big plots that ending at the same time, and both of them really need to start moving forward.

• Love 2

I can't wait for Ava to disappear for two months right after she gives birth. As Ron takes to the press to explain that Maura went over her guarantee and will be back in January (29th, 2015) with some big new story (Morgan and Kiki kill her in the boathouse on February 18th).

I get that Ron is rapidly losing interest in Ava with his new pets and she will soon be dead or gone, but I cannot believe they have saddled her with this pregnancy thing.

Warning, rant forthcoming -

Since I don't care about Julexis and they don't do anything for me, I will say this: STFU Alexis. Ava's a monster, but poor misunderstood Sonny is a "very good father to Kristina"? Except for the whole almost blowing her up part. She just lost all credibility with me. And you'd kill yourself if you had to live with Ava but again poor Sonny? Stop, just stop. You're making a complete idiot out of yourself. Get your damn kid out of the hospital and just go away.

And Sonny needs to die. Now. Painfully. A million times over. His gloating over Ava's time running out is nothing short of grotesque to me. Again, what could anyone expect from this disgusting piece of crap though.

I suppose I'm supposed to be all Yay!Morgan/Rosalie now, but I didn't see any scorching chemistry between the two of them. More like friendship chemistry. Better option than Kiki, but then again what isn't? A lizard would be better than her. Still very very very bitter they broke up AMor for this crap.

JordAnna is my new ship. Friendship or whatever. Just keep them in each other's orbit.

Again, I'm missing the history of Bobbie/Scott/Lucy, but I'm still Scott/Lucy. Loved LH's hair today, very pretty.

Very glad Team Jerome is back together. MW and WdV just play off each other too damn well to keep them separated.

TJ should have been a little smarter about a DEA agent speaking the way he did.

• Love 5

Julian wearing only shorts - well I know a few ladies here who will be happy. :)

Rosalie and Morgan - it could work. They have chemistry, and he's definitely checking her out. 

I hated everything about the Alexis-Sonny conversation, except her smirk at remembering Ava's pregnant with either Sonny's baby, or Morgan's. Has she forgotten that Sonny almost blew up Kristina?!?!

I did like Bobbie telling Scott to "put on your big boy pants." He's not worth fighting over, and he's a wuss.

Brain dead Alexis didn't believe Sonny blew up Johnny's  car. She believes Sonny when he said he didn't do it. Plus making a fool out of the vets is a Guza thing. Looks like Re-Ron is coping that also .. Scott's hair I just have to FF him now also. I remember when I liked him, when he hated Sonny and loved Karen and wanted to protect her. Plus the whole Dominique thing.

• Love 2

I only watched a small bit today, and what I saw sucked.  So any bets on who Rosalie's father will end up being?  Or should  I ask if anyone cares?

Ron had another hissy fit on twitter.  It never ceases to amuse me deeply.  He should really be embarrassed for himself.

LOL at Mickey eavesdropping around the hospital with a phone to his ear. Real subtle, there, Micks.

I couldn't watch the Bobbie/Scott scenes. Seeing Bobbie coo over Scott in the beginning was too much. Blech.

I don't think Morgan and Rosalie had much chemistry, friend or otherwise, but it's nice to see them outside their respective bubbles.

From Ron's Twitter:

Ron Carlivati @carlivatiron  ·  12h

If you're going to share your thoughts about #GH with me, please don't use the word "we." Your opinion is yours, not all fans'. Thanks!

Someone's feeling testy. Hee.

• Love 3

I haven't been able to watch GH for a while. I start, but it's so awful I just delete.
Today I ff'd through it and man what a mess. Lucy Coe should be held face down in whatever's handy until she just stops talking. Sonny holding the odious Ava prisoner so she can spit out another Corinthii and then kill her - yeah, that's a great storyline.  And Alexis......sometimes it might just be best if kept her lips zipped.  Being sympathetic to Sonny, and telling Orange Glow what a great dad he is makes her seem like a real moron.

And seeing Bobbi in bed with Scott.....I only wish it was possible to unsee it. He's like some Disney animation of a mutated gopher or something. Just. NO.

Now if somebody would make gif of that phone bouncing off Morgan's head, I'd watch it constantly.  Lord knows nothing could actually hurt that bonehead.

And the ratings went UP last week??

If you're going to share your thoughts about #GH with me, please don't use the word "we." Your opinion is yours, not all fans'. Thanks!

What if we're Mendorran royalty?

• Love 9

I forgot to say, the music kinda did ruin the end of the last Morgan and Rosalie scene. And I remember there was some bizarre music last week, I think it was at an end of a Patrick scene, it was all "boom boom" dramatic but it was way to short of a scene for that kind of music so it just kinda ruined it. Stop it, music director!

Yep Sonny is the best father ever...except when he:

Shoots son#1 point blank in the chest

Is standing next to son#2 when he is shot in the head with a bullet meant for Sonny.

Almost kills only daughter with a car bomb meant for his rival

CryptSex with and impregnation of girlfriend of son #3

• Love 6
(edited)

What if we have DID? P

Then each personality must tweet Ron individually because he can't take too many entities criticizing him at once.

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 3

Anna, Alexis, and especially Tracy are shells of what they once were.  Those three actresses should be front and center.

Along with Monica.  If ReRon wanted to copy something from OLTL, he should recreate the Dorian/Viki rivalry using Tracy and Monica.

But I forgot, we would need Quartermaines on canvas for that.  >:(

When things implode with Levi as they inevitably will, Maxie will deserve all the "I told you so"s she'll get, especially from Mac.

And what's so sad/sweet is, if Mac is written even remotely close to being in character, he'll just go, "Awwww, honey" and give her a big hug as she cries on his shoulder.

Morgan and Rosalie were cute and hot. Rosalie looks good not in scrubs, and Morgan deserves someone not banging anyone in his family. Verdict: hot. Ron will fuck this up.

What's worse is that Rosalie will end up losing out to Kiki.  Kiki.

Apparently men's purple clothing was on sale at the same big box store that was selling gray paint at a discount.

Purple is very complementary to grey.  Hence, all the men suddenly going around in pimp colors.

If I was Serena I would stay out of town, Scott's children have a bad habit of dieing for no good reason

It's almost as if they were Quartermaines...

Oh, and Alexis said that Sonny has been a good father to Kristina...I just-I mean I know Ron wasn't around back when the truth was exposed, or a good portion after that but really? Alexis would never, ever, in a million, trillion, years claim that Sonny, that greasy sack of pond scum, was ever a good father to that girl.

Whenever I hear somebody say a line like that about Sonny, all I can think of is all those scenes in THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE were characters robotically repeat, "Raymond Shaw is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life".  It's the same thing in Port Charles, somehow, everyone has been brainwashed to believe that the midget moobster is a Good Man Who Loves His Kids.  Alexis must have been the latest to get The Treatment.

I only watched a small bit today, and what I saw sucked.  So any bets on who Rosalie's father will end up being?

Either Robert Scorpio, Mac Scorpio, or Noah Drake, since Maxie, Patrick and Robin are just about the only people on the canvas that haven't had long-lost relatives crawl out of the woodwork.

• Love 3

I'm not up on off-screen gossip so I was not aware that Tony Geary had had surgery. Does anyone know what for? He definitely was not looking too healthy when he was last on. I wish him the best, but I would not be disappointed if this (whatever this is) caused him to not come back.

• Love 1

I'm not up on off-screen gossip so I was not aware that Tony Geary had had surgery. Does anyone know what for? He definitely was not looking too healthy when he was last on. I wish him the best, but I would not be disappointed if this (whatever this is) caused him to not come back.

TG has had two back surgeries recently.

I think that we will see Carrrrrlos when Sabrrrrrina returns.

Whenever I hear somebody say a line like that about Sonny, all I can think of is all those scenes in THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE were characters robotically repeat, "Raymond Shaw is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life".

I love that movie.  Angela Lansbury is the best.

I'm not up on off-screen gossip so I was not aware that Tony Geary had had surgery. Does anyone know what for?

TG had back surgery.

Oh & Lucy?  I thought Doc was your "man".  If I were Scott, I'd hold tight to Bobbie & kick your ass to the curb.

• Love 3

I can't think of any part of this show that isn't disjointed somehow.

The Lucy/Bobbie/Scott triangle is just pulled straight out of Ron's arse, honestly it is so cheaply put together, badly put together, stupidly put together.

For a second I thought they might make MIcky Rosie's dad, and that thought terrified me. A smarmy jerk like him could very well have created a less than morally minded daughter like her. But how old is she supposed to be? Is she supposed to be around Lulu's age or younger? She is a nurse, supposedly, so she'd have to be at least mid to late 20s I'd say. Or maybe even older? I just don't know, it isn't as if Morgan would care though.

And what's so sad/sweet is, if Mac is written even remotely close to being in character, he'll just go, "Awwww, honey" and give her a big hug as she cries on his shoulder.

Yeah, I'm thinking that's part of the problem. He doesn't have to shun her forever, but maybe ONE reprimand would go a long way to smacking some sense into Maxie? Like, even a "Maxie, you need to grow up" coming from Mac would be good enough.

What's worse is that Rosalie will end up losing out to Kiki.  Kiki.

Unless Chad is leaving this show, no way is Kiki/Morgan long-term. I don't think Rosalie is anything more than a stop-gap either though. 

• Love 2