Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Andre's just a little too perfect, imo.  They need to give him some depth, a flaw, something interesting.  Otherwise he's just another Mary Sue.

He's pretty. He's probably one of the smarter men in Port Charles. He also doesn't seem to be Team Sonny. He wouldn't let Carly know privileged information about her adult son's medical records. That was cool. He's friends with Robert Scorpio. He's not a snitch. I like him more than 2/3 of the characters.

• Love 9

He's pretty. He's probably one of the smarter men in Port Charles. He also doesn't seem to be Team Sonny. He wouldn't let Carly know privileged information about her adult son's medical records. That was cool. He's friends with Robert Scorpio. He's not a snitch. I like him more than 2/3 of the characters.

Friendship with Robert must be the cure to Sonnyitis.

• Love 5

Let us all hope Curtis is a friend of Robert Scorpio's as well.

Not likely! So far, everything about him "smells" of an eventual connection to the gangster on wheels. I've already said that I suspect Curtis is just a Shawn substitute.

• Love 1

Nik lied because Liz begged him to, like he had no choice in the matter? Um, I'm going to need you to go back and watch your own show, Show. Nik already knew the night of the Nurse's Ball, when Liz found out. He was the one that told her!! He was already lying because he had it figured that money and getting control of ELQ for him was more important than his cousin's happiness. But whatever, Show.

And also, Nik had the nerve to call Sam and ask her for a favor after he's shown no remorse whatsoever for how he's hurt her and Danny? WTF??

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 15

My god this was a boring show. Everything Naxie and the bar scenes needed to go.

"you are not a cheater Dante" -Lulu. ???????????????????????.

Lulu is getting all the blame for her husband screwing her cousin in her bed. 

Liez getting on her high horse with Hayden is laughable.

Nik calling Sam for help another WTF moment. 

I liked the JaSam stuff. Sam acknowledging that they are different people now. BM laying his head on her knees was really cute for some reason.

• Love 12

This shows attempt to blame everything, regarding the lie, on Liz is just amazing really. Poor innocent Nik, big bad Liz made him lie, and caused all this. Poor innocent Nik, Hayden is lying to him, so him shooting her in the head is forgotten. How the hell is the writing worse for women, when women are the ones writing the show. 

Also, why does Hayden hate Liz again? I don't understand what Liz has done to Hayden that has caused Hayden to despise her.

• Love 9

Hayden hates Liz because of the Epic Battle over Jason Peen 2015. What a war, what a war. Now I think it's just they don't like each other because they're women and why have women be friends when they can fight, amiright?

Still, how the hell does Jason, non interested in ELQ, have any bearing on ELQ stock? Is there a guns and ammo division?

• Love 3
Also, why does Hayden hate Liz again? I don't understand what Liz has done to Hayden that has caused Hayden to despise her.

Maybe being a silent accomplice in her attempted murder? I am warming up to Hayden, though. Looking forward to her kicking ELQ out from under Nik.

Maxie and Nathan are enough to put me to sleep when they're alone, but I did like their scheme to get Lulu and Dante in a room together even if the outcome is predictable.

• Love 8

I rolled my eyes when Sam looked toward the stairs in response to Jason's "what next?" after kissing and then him cooking her an easy dinner. Um, you're recovering from a concussion and injured back, he's worried about you and his older son's trauma, and you're thinking about sex? Whatever.

Nikolas.....NOW you want Sam to investigate Hayden?!  First off, yeah the obvious WTF that he's asking her for a favor after what he's done. But after everything that's happened, he chooses this moment to want to look into Hayden's past?!  Ugh. The stupid, it burns.

Gee Jordan, somebody's defensive. Also, can't take this sisterhood/friendship Jordan and Val have going on seriously. 

I liked Liz's contempt for the Vegas wedding. Hayden's response was weak/pathetic.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 4

Maybe being a silent accomplice in her attempted murder? I am warming up to Hayden, though. Looking forward to her kicking ELQ out from under Nik.

Maxie and Nathan are enough to put me to sleep when they're alone, but I did like their scheme to get Lulu and Dante in a room together even if the outcome is predictable.

Hayden doesn't know that Liz found out about Nik having her shot. If she did, she would know that Liz is the only reason Nik didn't finish the job, and try to kill Hayden again. 

Not to mention that Liz found out about it long after it happened. There's no way she could have stopped it. Hayden hated Liz the minute she came to town, which I never understood, but I guess its like someone said above, women aren't allowed to like each other on this show when a man's involved.

• Love 3

This is so frustrating. It seems like they're admitting this story is a big fat horrible failure. Then why not just have Dante say, "I cheated and I'm sorry and it's my fault, there's no excuse for sleeping with Valerie, I should have confronted you" and have Lulu say "I forgive you, I should have took you into my confidence."

There, that's all you had to do writers. To make it, at the very least, not infuriating. I mean, he cheated. I wish he didn't but he did. Having Lulu say he's not a cheater doesn't make it any more so than saying Sonny's a good father makes him one.

• Love 22

I have no idea why they are writing Lulu this way. Its like the writers hate her and love Dante. Why does she say half the ridiculous things she says about Vante.

I think they hate all women with the exception of Sam and Carly. 

• Love 7

My god this was a boring show. Everything Naxie and the bar scenes needed to go.

Liez getting on her high horse with Hayden is laughable.

Nik calling Sam for help another WTF moment. 

I liked the JaSam stuff. Sam acknowledging that they are different people now. BM laying his head on her knees was really cute for some reason.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on today. Liz's reaction to having no clue whatsoever about her "best friend" getting married was hilarious. And why are they so hammering that aspect of them? Why are they completely ignoring their sleazy, sordid nasty affair? I wouldn't blame Hayden for not wanting Liz around.

• Love 8

Huh. Did they just play the Jason/Liz song during Nathan/Maxie? I'm going to go ahead and hope that means that 'naxie' will be temporary

I did enjoy Liz's reaction to Nik's sketch-ass Vegas wedding

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

Lulu getting the blame for Dante being a cheating pig. UGH! Is it 1956 and not 2016? What is this shit?! I may have loathed the Scrubs cheating story, but that almost looks like it was written by Hemingway in comparison.

At least Robin got to scream at Patrick and pack his shit.

This? Is just disgusting.

• Love 10

Hayden does know about Liz covering it up, at least to an extent. When she first overheard Laura and Nik discussing it, Laura told Nik Liz told her he might have had Hayden shot. So she doesn't know for sure Liz covered it up, but she does know Liz at least suspects it and said nothing. 

That being said, I don't think that's why Hayden hates Liz. I think it's more to do with the fact that Liz has been a complete hypocrite to her, and she knows it. That's enough.

WTF ever on Nik calling Sam. Please tell me Sam has plans to say yes only to turn the tables on him and screw him over by investigating him.

• Love 12
That being said, I don't think that's why Hayden hates Liz. I think it's more to do with the fact that Liz has been a complete hypocrite to her, and she knows it. That's enough.

Hayden has no room to talk there.

And like I said, Liz is the only reason that Hayden is still alive.

• Love 2
WTF ever on Nik calling Sam. Please tell me Sam has plans to say yes only to turn the tables on him and screw him over by investigating him.

Don't be silly. If you're a guy on GH? You're golden. Just ask Dante, who is free and clear as Lulu gets shit upon and blamed for her husband cheating on her.

And this is a show now written by women!

• Love 7

I'm glad Lulu talked about where her trust in Dante started to get shaky, but I think Dante blaming Lulu wanting to live up to being Luke Spencer's daughter is a bit facile. It explains why she's ready and willing to run off on some dumb adventure, but why did Dante immediately jump to thinking Lulu and Jar of Mayo, of all people, would be having an affair? It wasn't just Valerie pushing that idea that did it.

Why are they completely ignoring their sleazy, sordid nasty affair? I wouldn't blame Hayden for not wanting Liz around.

Because it happened long before Hayden ever showed up and had nothing to do with her. If she's going to be concerned about anyone, it should be her douche husband. 

I think Jordan left her date because she finally got a decent look at Andre's jacket. Yikes, was it ugly.

• Love 2

Hayden has no room to talk there.

And like I said, Liz is the only reason that Hayden is still alive.

Doesn't she though? Both lied, but Hayden isn't blaming her mistakes on Liz at least. 

And even if Hayden should be thankfull to Liz for keeping her alive, Hayden has no way of knowing that.

Anyway, despite my problems with Liz, I hate that theyre being pitted against each other, and I have a weird hope they become friends of sorts. I'm certainly not ready to see Hayden fight with Liz over a man that tried to have her killed. I'm glad Hayden was okay with Liz staying. 

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 3

Maxie and talking tree are boring as fuck. 

It's laughable that these people think they have any room to judge Hayden. Um, Town Pariah Liez, you're a lying ass liar who lies. You were so desperate to hang on to someone else's husband that you kept his identity from him so he would fuck you. There's absolutely no reason why you should flashing Hayden you're bitch face and acting like Nik, the man who tried to have her murdered, is somehow her victim. STFU.

I'm not even surprised that brokedown stupid ass bastard Nik has the nerve to ask Saint Sam for a favor. 

Dante and Lulu are sickening. 

• Love 14

Because it happened long before Hayden ever showed up and had nothing to do with her. If she's going to be concerned about anyone, it should be her douche husband.

Maybe, but I wouldn't be A-OK all hunky-dory with my husband letting his ex-lover move in with us. Then again, I wouldn't marry a piece of trash like Nik is anyway.

• Love 7

I loved the Jason/Sam stuff we got today.  Man are KeMo and Billy hot together.  And Jason was definitely out of breath when they finally came up for air.  The dialogue was lovely, and I love that Sam wants to get to know the Jason he is now.  She is right, they are both different people...The past few years have changed them, and they can't just pretend they didn't happen.

I love the build up that's been happening since December.  Deciding to just see where things take them.  I think it's been a good steady pace, considering we had to wait a year and half for anything at all.  I am a happy fan.  Now I hope this Nikolas bullshit is leading up to Sam maybe figuring out that Nikolas had Hayden shot since Hayden is obviously not going to expose him.  

Liz honey, really?  No wonder Becky is fed up with that bullshit line she had today..."what Hayden did to THEM???"  Really?

• Love 10

This was a pretty boring episode. Maxie and Nathan need an actual story (And please not a love triangle). Dante and Lulu working their finally working their issues out (how they should have months ago) was good, but didn't make for an interesting hour. I'm also not interested in the Hayden/Nikolas mess. The thing about Hayden is that she works best when she's against the world and giving Nikolas hell. So the place she's in now (actually falling for Nikolas) isn't so interesting to watch. I did enjoy the Jasam reunion, mostly because of how big a fan I am of them. Also, we finally got Nik-Sam interaction (albeit over the phone). I liked that Sam asked about Spencer; Despite the problems Sam and Nikolas are having, they are all still family. I'm pretty sure Sam investigating Hayden might be what heals the wound between her and cousin Nikolas.

Edited by teenj12

I loved Jasam today. They are not together but they are welling to explore what they had together as the people they are today. I was happy to see Sam acknowledge that she had a life while Jason was gone and that she is a different person now. She is not the Sam he knew and He is not the Jason she knew. So, I like that they are in this weird situation where they are not sure what they are. Also, those Jasam kissing scenes looked hot and sexy...like they had practice it or something. :P

I think I only raged two times during the show and it was when Lulu said, "Dante is not a cheater". Bitch whaaaaat!?

The other time was when Nik called Sam like he didn't try to hurt her and her son. I hope she gets back at him real good. I want my old Sam back for this round with Nik, the dickhead. Time for him to pay!!! 

I think they hate all women with the exception of Sam and Carly. 

What are you talking about? Sam recently lost to stairs and needed to be rescued by Jason. Carly is with Sonny. Enough said. 

• Love 12

but why did Dante immediately jump to thinking Lulu and Jar of Mayo, of all people, would be having an affair? It wasn't just Valerie pushing that idea that did it.

I think the answer is two-fold.  I'll respond in the Spencer Family thread, so as to obey the Forum administrative rules.

Edited by Bringonthedrama

Lulu getting the blame for Dante being a cheating pig. UGH! Is it 1956 and not 2016? What is this shit?! I may have loathed the Scrubs cheating story, but that almost looks like it was written by Hemingway in comparison.

At least Robin got to scream at Patrick and pack his shit.

This? Is just disgusting.

Can you imagine if Rob was on-screen every day under these writers? Like, omg, my brain is crying.

• Love 2

So now Lante is admitting what I thought all along...Lulu took off with the Spencer parents and Dillon without asking or telling her husband, and she regrets it. When she also lied that she was going to see her Gran in Italy, that sealed the deal for Dante. So many lies. Furthermore, he reminded her today that she had firmly intended to reunite with criminal Johnny in their business, which was anathema for  a cop's wife, according to Dante's values. But I agree that she went a bit tooo far today in saying Dante was not a cheater. He did cheat, and her lies were not enough grounds for his ditching of wedding vows.

However, Dante hit on one especially important point: Lulu is Luke's daughter. Somehow she has that attitude of obnoxious entitlement and pride (and IMO Lucky has it too). If I were Dante, that would be the deal-breaker for me. I wouldn't spend my life with a person who was a chip off Luke's block.

• Love 3

Somehow she has that attitude of obnoxious entitlement and pride (and IMO Lucky has it too). If I were Dante, that would be the deal-breaker for me. I wouldn't spend my life with a person who was a chip off Luke's block.

As opposed to being a chip off the Sonny "It's not cheating if your wife is being a bitchslutwhoretramp" Corinthos block?

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 17
What are you talking about? Sam recently lost to stairs and needed to be rescued by Jason. Carly is with Sonny. Enough said.

Doesn't she though? Both lied, but Hayden isn't blaming her mistakes on Liz at least. 

And even if Hayden should be thankfull to Liz for keeping her alive, Hayden has no way of knowing that.

Anyway, despite my problems with Liz, I hate that theyre being pitted against each other, and I have a weird hope they become friends of sorts. I'm certainly not ready to see Hayden fight with Liz over a man that tried to have her killed. I'm glad Hayden was okay with Liz staying. 

Liz also isn't blaming anything on Hayden, and she has also taken full responsibility for lying about Jason, and everything that happened because of it. Hell she's even absolved Nik.

• Love 4

Jasam have pretty much gotten the LL2 treatment with this reunion. No build up or anything. Just slapped them right back together.

I wonder if it finally didn't dawn on the writers that this story was one of the main reasons that the ratings tanked and RC got his ass fired, so now they're trying to wrap it up as quickly as possible and move on to other, hopefully better, things.

I wonder if it finally didn't dawn on the writers that this story was one of the main reasons that the ratings tanked and RC got his ass fired, so now they're trying to wrap it up as quickly as possible and move on to other, hopefully better, things.

The ratings were awful before this story started. 

Usually real life couples don't have much chemistry on screen but their romance is definitely impacting Jason/Sam in a good way - given how much of a block of wood Jason usually is - the couple is bringing some heat to their romantic scenes.  

Pretty bored otherwise - 

Liz though, really has zero self-awareness that she can speak about not trusting someone, anyone - 

• Love 11

Liz's reaction to having no clue whatsoever about her "best friend" getting married was hilarious. And why are they so hammering that aspect of them? Why are they completely ignoring their sleazy, sordid nasty affair?

I think we're supposed to pretend the affair never happened and forget that Nik came back to town specifically because he was in love with Liz. Gag. But all the best friend talk was hilarious/sad and overkill. They said it at least three times today.

Nik to Liz: You're my best friend.

Me to Nik: She's your only friend.

Liz to Nik: You're my best friend.

Me to Liz: He's your only friend.

Nik to Hayden: Liz is my best friend.

Me to Nik and Liz: THE TWO OF YOU HAVE NO OTHER FRIENDS, OKAY?

It won't happen but I wish that Sam would agree to investigate Hayden, find out that she's a Black Widow with a string of dead husbands, and then tells Nik that except for pretending to be Jake's wife, Hayden is totally on the up-and-up.

I was willing to overlook Maxie's hair and dress last week, but as far as the show is concerned, it's Valentine's Day. Why does she still look like Frau Blucher?

• Love 12

It's laughable that these people think they have any room to judge Hayden. Um, Town Pariah Liez, you're a lying ass liar who lies. You were so desperate to hang on to someone else's husband that you kept his identity from him so he would fuck you. There's absolutely no reason why you should flashing Hayden you're bitch face and acting like Nik, the man who tried to have her murdered, is somehow her victim. STFU.

+1 million

Liz also isn't blaming anything on Hayden ...

I am pretty sure she actually said, "What she did to us," today, which is laughable. And she was whining about Hayden blackmailing her with the info that she was keeping a man's identity from him so he'd fuck her. I mean, Liz, come on girl! It's always one step forward, two steps back with Liz.

I feel like after today I can be fairly sure that the only reason Liz feels somewhat bad about what she did is because she got caught. And maybe sorta kinda because her house blew up and Jake got hurt as a tertiary result of her lies. It's like how Sonny feels bad about killing AJ because Michael found out about it and hated him for a second.

KeMo looked absolutely stunning today. Her and BM have a really easy, natural chemistry. It's too bad BM is boring and Jason sucks so I can't really get into it.

BS gets worse by the minute. They need to either cut her or regulate her to scenes solely with RPW.

Jordan is insufferable in every way now. Why is she so fucking angry? I hate VA's angry acting. It's super irritating.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 12

+1 million

I am pretty sure she actually said, "What she did to us," today, which is laughable. And she was whining about Hayden blackmailing her with the info that she was keeping a man's identity from him so he'd fuck her. I mean, Liz, come on girl! It's always one step forward, two steps back with Liz.

I feel like after today I can be fairly sure that the only reason Liz feels somewhat bad about what she did is because she got caught. And maybe sorta kinda because her house blew up and Jake got hurt as a tertiary result of her lies. It's like how Sonny feels bad about killing AJ because Michael found out about it and hated him for a second.

KeMo looked absolutely stunning today. Her and BM have a really easy, natural chemistry. It's too bad BM is boring and Jason sucks so I can't really get into it.

BS gets worse by the minute. They need to either cut her or regulate her to scenes solely with RPW.

Jordan is insufferable in every way now. Why is she so fucking angry? I hate VA's angry acting. It's super irritating.

I don't think Liz feels bad just because she got caught. Last week shows me that she truly regrets what she did, and what happened because of it.  She's taken full responsibility for her part in it all, and for Nik's part apparently. 

Liz though, really has zero self-awareness that she can speak about not trusting someone, anyone -

None of these characters have actual self awareness. They are all hypocrites. Its like when Sam and Jason blather on about Liz keeping Jason from Danny, when both of them have also kept kids away from their parents. Also, I see zero chemistry between Kemo and BM. They were beyond boring today. Then again, I've never really seen Kemo have chemistry with anyone.

• Love 3

She's taken full responsibility for her part in it all, and for Nik's part apparently. 

This part is really driving me nuts. Like do the writers really want us to think that Liz somehow forced Nik into keeping the Jason lie? Because that did not happen. 

Nik being absolutely absolved of everything and getting the victim treatment with Hayden is super bizarre. I don't really understand how that even happened. And it's not like Nik has ever seemed like a big fave of Production that they prop all the time or anything. So weird.

Also, I wanted join the 'wtf is up with this Nik and Liz are best friends' business. As fishcakes said, I believe the words 'best friend' and 'only friend' were spoken about 65 times in this ep alone. Are we supposed to forget they had a super gross affair?

I can't keep track of what we're supposed to believe did or didn't actually happen anymore.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

The "best friend" stuff is also weird because the way I remember it, Liz pretty much hated Nik after the affair and before he left town and seemed to still have a lot of animosity after he came back. I wouldn't even say they've been particularly friendly over the last year. They were co-conspirators in the Jason lie, but that's because each of them had his or her own reason to keep the secret; it's not as if they were doing it for each other. Maybe the reason they keep talking about how they're BFF is so that we won't notice that it's completely absurd for Liz to be staying with Nik who has a disgusting new marriage to keep him busy, instead of doing the normal thing and going to stay with Audrey where two of her kids have apparently already been living for months now. I know they don't want to build a set for Audrey's house and pay Rachel Ames with whatever coins fall out of RoHo's pockets, but it's not as if they can't have Liz live with Audrey offscreen. We don't have to actually see her living there.

• Love 6

Well, we now know Curtis was a drug addict and he confessed it to Valerie as a result of Jordan ratting him out. But something is missing. Jordan seems adamant in her hatred towards him. We also know that he interfered with his brother and Jordan reconciling. But something is still missing. Did Jordan have an affair with Curtis too? Did he get her hooked on drugs? Where does TJ fit into Jordan's not wanting Curtis near him?

• Love 3

WORD! It's so laughable that Liz somehow thinks she's better than Hayden because she did it "for love." When Ric did basically the same exact thing Liz did and tried to keep Liz and Jason apart, when his lie was exposed at the Nurses' Ball she slapped him and when he said he did it because he loved her she said it wasn't love. But now Liz gets on her high horse and acts like her lying to Jason for months and keeping him from his family was "love" and qualifies her to judge anyone. And, yeah, even if Liz wanted to call them all even for the lies Nik had someone put a bullet in Hayden's brain and she's acting like Hayden is the big, bad wolf and will hurt poor Nikolas?!

Jasam have pretty much gotten the LL2 treatment with this reunion. No build up or anything. Just slapped them right back together.

No build-up? This storyline has been going on for twenty bajillion years. Jason found out a few months ago who he really is and they aren't back together yet. They've already spent some time together and talked about not knowing what they are to each other now. They re-iterated that today. They've both changed and they'd like to get to know each other again. Just because they made out today does not mean they're back together officially.

I agree. I think if the stuff with Jake hadn't happened, she'd still be blaming Sam for having the unmitigated gall of exposing that Liz was keeping her husband from her.

Even though I think it's stupid that they're saying Lulu basically forced Dante to cheat, her line about him not being a cheater didn't really bother me. I kind of took it to really be Lulu saying what a lot of people were saying when this Dante/Val fuckery began - that Dante wasn't the cheating type. He's a cheater now, but it's not who he was. Unfortunately she couldn't say "You weren't a cheater. It's because the brain dead writers wrote you out of character and forced this lame-ass storyline and now are trying to sweep your heinous behavior under the rug."

• Love 16

Well...she definitely should know that Liz kept Nikolas alive so they could have their beautiful ceremony in Vegas. She was right there in the ER when it was announced to all that if not for Liz's mad nursing skillz, Nikolas would have bled out from that artery he cut in his fall from the balcony. It might have taken a year or more for him to be improbably resurrected if that had happened.  

• Love 3

WORD! It's so laughable that Liz somehow thinks she's better than Hayden because she did it "for love." When Ric did basically the same exact thing Liz did and tried to keep Liz and Jason apart, when his lie was exposed at the Nurses' Ball she slapped him and when he said he did it because he loved her she said it wasn't love. But now Liz gets on her high horse and acts like her lying to Jason for months and keeping him from his family was "love" and qualifies her to judge anyone. And, yeah, even if Liz wanted to call them all even for the lies Nik had someone put a bullet in Hayden's brain and she's acting like Hayden is the big, bad wolf and will hurt poor Nikolas?!

That is such a good point about Ric. I know he has Panic Room on his resume, but I don't see how what she did is any better than what he did to her. And let me say, I miss the hell out of Ric Hearst, but I'm kind of glad he isn't around because I know if he was that he'd have to prop Sonny to the high heavens. We get way enough of that already.

No build-up? This storyline has been going on for twenty bajillion years. Jason found out a few months ago who he really is and they aren't back together yet. They've already spent some time together and talked about not knowing what they are to each other now. They re-iterated that today. They've both changed and they'd like to get to know each other again. Just because they made out today does not mean they're back together officially.

Thank you. I was going to comment on this in the UO thread, but I'll just do it right here and touch on today's episode. I don't think that they were slapped back together all of a sudden just because they were making out today. It's been literally almost two damn YEARS. They finally freaking had a mutual kiss. The dialogue for today clearly was that they don't know what they're doing, they don't know what to do, what to think, or how to feel. I thought it was very realistic and it made perfect sense. (Listen to me, complimenting this show. Shame on me.) But I thought this was something that they actually got right.

Lost in the WTFery of the Lante dialogue was the WTFery of Maxie and Tree locking them in there in the first place. I suppose it's a soap trope, but if my friends ever did that to me, I'd be pissed as hell. Accept they're getting divorced, and worry about your own damn lives.

• Love 10