Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Yeah, I could totally see an internship like that be a good story avenue.

It's like, I know the show probably won't be around in a few years, but there appears to be no plan in place to prepare for the next generation of cops, lawyers, doctors, nurses, even mobsters.

• Love 2

Eh, I dunno about that. What happened in 2007 was a different beast and had more to do with behind-the-scenes drama than something that was written organically.

Even with the backstage nonsense, I think the stuff during SOS had a better foundation. It was shitty and character damaging for Sam/Ric/Lucky but I thought there was at least some ground work and character motivation written in - even though I thought the motivations were crap.

I can see Liz telling this lie and making this choice but I do think she'd at least justify it for herself by claiming she was protecting Jason from himself/moblife

For Nik? The shooting with Hayden is just inexcusable but the Jason/Sam stuff - their Diego/Alcazar shenanigans got Emily killed. Why shouldn't he f*ck with their happiness?

RC just takes it too far and doesn't bother to create a justification - which is how we ended up with a SERIAL KILLER as one of the only contract employees at the hospital

• Love 4

RC just takes it too far and doesn't bother to create a justification

Completely agree.

But I'm more talking about the Liz/Sam "taking turns" being "evil" on the show. Sam will never be evil or the bad one or the wrong one under these writers. She's the heroine on this show. It is what it is. She's the one investigating, finding truths, the one who is hurt, the one the audience should feel bad for. She's been written like this for a very long time and I don't see that changing.

• Love 2

Okay, when I watched yesterday, and saw midgety moobster whining about why Robin and Patrick had to leave before he was walking, I laughed hysterically.

And I kept thinking, maybe Patrick was pretending to like Sonny, because Dr. Mays? Maize? Mayes? with his I don'tgiveafuckwhoyouareandIamGod'sGiftinthisarea? Totally was Paddy when he first arrived in PC!  Patrick actually thinking that this doctor and Sonny would work well together? I'm thinking Patrick is laughing his ass off in Sunny CaleeforNIA right about now. Because Patrick's words about making sure good doctor would help him, said with a straight face and no warning about his arrogant bedside manner? I think he did it apurpose!

And who the FUCK holds a consult in the MIDDLE of traffic in a hospital? Oh, right. Only at General Hospital. Guess the budget didn't allow to use an examining room.

If it weren't for knowing that Obrecht brought him in, I would love him 100% because this show and hospital does need an ASSHOLE doctor on staff. At least one. I fondly recall that one asshole doctor, Mrs. Barrington's nephew? I believe. Whatever happened to him?

I'm blaming TeeVee for me being all excited to watch Mac and Robert!Fucking!Scorpio having drinks in yesterday's episode. Which DID.NOT.HAPPEN! Her excitable post made me think it happened! Boo! Hiss!

• Love 3

Lexie (Kristina) was much more engaging in her first stint than she is now, but I think a lot of that is also that she has nothing to do this time around. When she first aired, she had her own story. Now she's just kind of there. Which pretty much sums up most of the women on the show these days :(

• Love 2

Completely agree.

But I'm more talking about the Liz/Sam "taking turns" being "evil" on the show. Sam will never be evil or the bad one or the wrong one under these writers. She's the heroine on this show. It is what it is. She's the one investigating, finding truths, the one who is hurt, the one the audience should feel bad for. She's been written like this for a very long time and I don't see that changing.

I hope it does. It's boring and OOC. The fact that she hasn't been allowed to react to any of this is ridiculous. It's bad soap!

Hayden has been treated worse than Liz despite the fact that what Hayden did? Pales in comparison

I totally understand the writers apparent desire to pretend the past few years never happened - but then instead of ignoring the shittiness, SACK UP and do a reset

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6

Eh, I dunno about that. What happened in 2007 was a different beast and had more to do with behind-the-scenes drama than something that was written organically.

And, to be really honest, and I've said this before, if Liz was my favorite character, I would have stopped watching. The writers went completely too far with the character. And I'd neverrrrrrrr want my favorite in some love triangle with this version of Sam. Never. I'm SO freaking grateful Robin escaped that.

Not to mention, that Liz was already made the bad guy for Jasam, when she lied to them and told them that Danny wasn't Jason's. 

There was no need to do this Liz again, for Jasam. 

Edited by MissE
  • Love 3

I'm glad to see her out of black for a change, but honestly, the only reason they're dressing her in jewel or crew necks ('more sophisticated') is to highlight that damn necklace instead of her cleavage.

"I'm wearing the necklace you gave me, doesn't it remind you of our love?" It's a little high school. (and that criticism is aimed at the costume department, not the actress)

Thanks for ruining my "Sam wore color" high, it's the only thing I look forward to on GH thank you.

Some ONS don't go away. Not when they have the ultimate carrot.

Liz was way more than just a ONS to Jason. First of all, they have slept together too many times for it to be a ONS, and Jason never considered her just a ONS, neither did the show.

As for Saint Sam, she's been a saint for years now, and has surpassed Sabrina in sainthood, which I didn't think was possible. I can't even remember the last time Sam did something bad, or was wrong about something. She's the most boring character on this show because she literally does nothing. You can still be the heroine of the show, and make bad choices or be wrong. Heroine doesn't mean perfect, which how Sam has been written for years.

Although, Sam being the heroine is as bad the Corinthos family being the core family of the show.

• Love 5

GH gets a + for Michael mentioning/asking Anna about Robin, but then loses several points for Sabrina having a longer in-depth/personal/TMI conversation with Robin's mother than Robin's had in how many years?!! And what's with Anna offering to be a friend/basically a surrogate mother to Sabrina? Anna hugging Sabrina pissed me off. I don't care if it's partly because she's thinking about a break in the "Carlos case."

Hey show - Anna will always be Robin's mother - not Sabrina's, not Sam's.

• Love 5

Sonny lecturing Michael about forgiveness? 

Morgan thinking that his mobster father is a great role model and that joining the mob is a great idea for stability and Andre - a trained doctor - agreeing?

This show is vile.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 11

GH gets a + for Michael mentioning/asking Anna about Robin.

I thought that was super sweet that Michael wanted to know how Robin was doing and how the Scrubs move went. Just knowing the history there made my heart melt.

And Robin/Patrick are co-chiefs!?!?? Awwww.

• Love 4
One of the reasons Jason always gave for not being with Elizabeth was his "way of life" aka criminal, killer, etc. Even Sam has mooned that only she "gets" him and can accept him fully for who he is. This is why I never felt that Sam is truly IT for Jason. But she's his best fit

Eh, as an outsider (neutral perspective) I'd say the characters more than "just fit." Going back to the Guza/Pratt era, Jason gave Sam stability, protection, and love for the first time in her life, she brought him acceptance, spontaneity, a desire for a family, encouraged him to reconnect with Monica, and helped him figure out what he valued beyond the confines of Port Charles, (isn't this how Hawaii became a favorite spot for them?) Even way back in 2005/6 I'd say she challenged him without judging him, his brain issues, lifestyle choices, or his ..ahem career. Sam also was never afraid of him, wasn't afraid to disagree, or rock the boat. Jason could push, Sam would push back harder. He would try and get grumpy with her, she'd tease/rib him into laughing about himself. When the writing was decent, Jason & Sam complimented each other quite nicely.

• Love 9

As for Saint Sam, she's been a saint for years now, and has surpassed Sabrina in sainthood, which I didn't think was possible.

One dimensional without a POV, yes. More saintly than Sabrina, nope. There were actual consequences when Sam screwed up. Meanwhile, Liz and Sabrina had somebody yell at them - once.

While the Patrick "deserves to be happy" with Sam 4eva! tour was stupid and tiresome it did not compare to the Cinderella/Babysitters Club/forget about your dead dumb wife and hop on the sparkly teen love train - Sabrina story which was followed by RC insisting that Patrick would actually need weeks to choose between the love of his life and his babysitter

And Robin/Patrick are co-chiefs!?!?? Awwww.

That is frikkin adorable. Why do the best things happen offscreen? Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 8

I think there's a bigger story yet to come with Kristina. Back when she appeared the first time in this go-round, she made sure she got a selfie of herself and Sonny and then had kind of a smirk on her face that made me think she was up to something. And although I was once on academic probation for spending too much time playing cards in the grill instead of going to class, I suspect she might have been doing something a little more . . . nefarious with her out-of-class time. 

Morgan's interaction with Ava today proves that he's still a douche. 

And, calling it now: that jaguar will either be a bug or a stolen artifact. And while the idea of it being a stolen artifact, leading to a big mystery is kind of an exciting idea, and could actually involve  people like Felicia, the story's already been done, both well and -- more recently -- badly. So I'm not sure how many times Show can go back to that well. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 2

Yeah, no. There were actual consequences when Sam screwed up. Meanwhile, Liz and Sabrina had somebody yell at them - once.

While the Patrick "deserves to be happy" with Sam 4eva! tour was stupid and tiresome it did not compare to the Cinderella/Babysitters Club/forget about your dead dumb wife and hop on the sparkly teen love train - Sabrina story which was followed by RC insisting that Patrick would actually need weeks to choose between the love of his life and his babysitter

That is frikkin adorable. Why do the best things happen offscreen?

What consequences did Sam face when she screwed up? She got a brand new love interest in Lucky, no one but Liz, Jason and Lucky ever found out about what she did, and Lucky barely cared. Liz never got to confront her, and Jason yelled at her, but then rushed to her rescue the next day. She then got a huge whitewash by saving Jake from the Russians, and she then got Jason and her happy little family back. There were zero consequences for what she did. Even now, no one is allowed to mention what she did to Jake, but all of Liz's evil deeds are mentioned, and thrown in her face. 

Even now, Sabrina actually got to do something bad and wrong, while Sam hasn't been wrong or done anything bad in years. She is always the poor victim of everyone else. 

• Love 2

If Michael can't forgive Sabrina for letting him think that he is her baby's father, why could he forgive Sonny and Snarly for lying about the fact that Sonny murdered AJ?

Oh, I guess for the same reason Dante can forgive Sonny for trying to murder him but Lulu is worried he won't be able to forgive her for harboring her criminal ex-boyfriend. *brain explodes*

• Love 11

If Michael can't forgive Sabrina for letting him think that he is her baby's father, why could he forgive Sonny and Snarly for lying about the fact that Sonny murdered AJ?

This is the problem when horrible characters are the heart of your show.  Other characters look like hypocritical moronic jackasses in order to make them work.  Michael is pretty much one of the worst cases.  His character is destroyed IMO.  He can never be upset about anything because the worst things have already happened to him and he has chosen to look the other way.  A baby lie is nothing in comparison. 

• Love 9

It might make a teeny, teeny, teeeeeny bit of sense if Michael would mention Kiki and how she spent their relationship lying to him, deciding what truths he needed to hear or not hear, etc, and that he didn't want another romantic relationship with someone who would lie to him.  But he hasn't at all because we can't malign the Keeks, ugh.

• Love 8

although I was once on academic probation for spending too much time playing cards in the grill instead of going to class, I suspect she might have been doing something a little more . . . nefarious with her out-of-class time.

LOL, I watch this show off and on these days. But this is the story, Kristina is the real air to Sonny's mobster throne. He's worried about Morgan, meanwhile Kristina probably got kicked out of school for heading up a prostitution ring.  Starting some sorority and then pimping out her fellow sorority girls to the frat houses.

That's some good stuff, reminiscent of Sonny's stripper bar, but worse.

It would serve Alexis and her sanctimonious ass right. 

Edited by represent
  • Love 3

I mean, Dante (bullet to the chest), Morgan (Avery's conception) and Kristina (car bomb, near paralysis) are in the same boat

Yeah. I mean, maybe I'm biased, but I think Dante looks stupider than Michael. Sonny shot him to kill him, and they did not have a strong enough relationship to overcome that and Sonny hasn't proven himself to be a particularly great father to him since then. With Michael I feel like he may have come to love AJ but it wasn't the same as the love he had for Carly or even Sonny.* But still, as usual, they take it too far. I can buy them making up, but completely ignoring everything that happened is ridiculous.

*And of course, AJ was fat.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8

I'm too lazy to take my answer to the unpopular opinion thread. But I missed this version of Christina the first time around, and when people were saying that Lindsay Morgan was worse, I had no reason to question it. but I think Lindsay Morgan was far, far more engaging as an actress than this young lady. She has no screen presence at all.

I have some fondness for LA (but I do agree she's pretty terrible at acting lol), but I'm with you on LM. I didn't think she was that bad on GH and I liked her version of Kristina.

Yea I just don't see this really. Maybe it's just because I like Sam. It's like how Liz fans see her getting shit on currently while I see her paying literally no consequences for anything. If you like a character you're obviously going to want to justify what they've done and when you hate them you're gonna crucify them for everything they've done.

I totally understand the writers apparent desire to pretend the past few years never happened - but then instead of ignoring the shittiness, SACK UP and do a reset

THIS! They can't just expect us to pretend we didn't see stuff. I don't understand why they won't do a reset. It's literally the only thing that might save the show at this point.

Morgan thinking that his mobster father is a great role model and that joining the mob is a great idea for stability and Andre - a trained doctor - agreeing?

This chapped my hide so fucking much. I can't anymore. I just can't.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8
Why is this show afraid to show its younger characters value an education?

The wimmins, at least, get uppity when they've got some learnin'. Morgan is simply too dumb for school.

It might make a teeny, teeny, teeeeeny bit of sense if Michael would mention Kiki and how she spent their relationship lying to him

He did mention that to Sabrina, as it happens. That's why they aren't together, because Sabrina shattered Michael's trust. Never mind that lying about a baby's paternity pales in comparison to lying about a murdered father, but that's GH for you.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

Yea I just don't see this really. Maybe it's just because I like Sam.

Wait...don't see what? Sam as the victim in this story? Sam as having done nothing wrong? Because that's what I'm specifically saying. Sam is the GOOD guy in this. That's how she's written. And that's honestly an unbiased observation.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

He did mention that to Sabrina, as it happens. That's why they aren't together, because Sabrina shattered Michael's trust. Never mind that lying about a baby's paternity pales in comparison to lying about a murdered father, but that's GH for you.

He did?  Huh, I must have missed that.  The mentions that they dated are few and far between now that the show is attempting to convince us that Morgs and Keeks had an epic romance and a super serious relationship.

But, oh, totally, your point that Sabrina's lie is NOTHING compared to Sonny and Carly's betrayals, I agree with 1000%.  But more introspection that Michael's past experience is coloring his ability to forgive her would be more interesting than the "FAITHLESS WHORE!" tact that Sonny and, sadly, lately Dante have favored.  And, of course, the last person in the world he should be talking that out with is Sonny.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Wait...don't see what? Sam as the victim in this story? Sam as having done nothing wrong? Because that's what I'm specifically saying. Sam is the GOOD guy in this. That's how she's written. And that's honestly an unbiased observation.

I would agree that Sam is 100% being written as a good guy right now, but I guess the problem I'm having is why that's wrong or bad. She is a good guy, she hasn't done anything evil or horrible, she is a 'victim' with regards to Liz's Jason lie.

But I don't see Sam as being written as an angelic heroine for years and I don't believe she will never be written as doing something bad again. I also don't think Liz is being written as an evil whore who's being treated like a town pariah or that she is always written this way and never has been/will never be written in a good light. And I think that's an unbiased observation. But if I think more about it I realize it's actually an opinion, just like everything else everyone else is saying! The writing isn't good enough for there to even be unbiased observations imo. And like I said, at the end of the day I think it really does all just come down to who you like and/or don't like.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 10

Just addressing a post earlier in the thread, of which I'm too lazy and tired to find it to quote it, but there was an audition script for NuDoc: An old Patrick/Noah scene talking about the reconciliation lunch Noah...er, Jeff in the side, set up for his son Ben...and Liz.

Which was rehashed talk of Scrubs and Ben's back story of dad being a drunk and losing Ben's mom, etc. It led some to think for a bit that Patrick was being recast, but it was then expanded to the actor being British or Australian.

I just don't understand how Sam can be a saint and a mob moll/mob apologist at the same time.  Pick a LANE!  I am not sure any saint was ever ok with murder, or married a hitman. 

That's all I will say about it, because I feel like this same conversation has been going on for months.   

I have to watch the show later for Anna's scenes, they sound decent.

• Love 5

Yeah, the tug o' war for Jason's magic pogo stick and the endless debate of Sam and Liz is becoming circular again. Let's agree to disagree, shake hands, go to your separate corners, and move on to all of the OTHER glorious suckage that is currently GH.

Thank you all!

• Love 10

Whenever I hear Creeque Alley, I mentally hear "No one's getting fat ... except AJ Q."

Anyone else?

Whenever I hear Creeque Alley, I mentally hear "No one's getting fat ... except AJ Q."

Anyone else?

• Love 4
Agreeing to essentially murder a woman to keep a man, etc.

Liz never agreed to murder a woman to keep a man, thankfully. She didn't know about the hit on Hayden, and even stopped Nik from completing the job once she found out it was Nik who ordered the hit.

I do agree with you on everything else HeatLifer. Sam will never be made to be the bad guy in any story, ever again. That much has been made clear.

Edited by MissE

THIS! They can't just expect us to pretend we didn't see stuff. I don't understand why they won't do a reset. It's literally the only thing that might save the show at this point.

If the writers are too chickenshit to erase everything Ron did then they could at least say Helena poisoned the water supply because reasons and that's why everyone has been acting crazy for the last three years. Then have Franco go on a rampage and kill the majority of Ron's creations before he's killed by the cops. 

• Love 7

Maybe the writers are smarter than I thought. It's like they said, "hmm, maybe we made Olivia too annoying. We got it! Have Valerie yell at her! That'll make people like her again!"

And I cannot BELIEVE Dante has the balls to think Lulu slept with someone WITH NO EVIDENCE AGAIN HE NEEDS TO BE FIRED CAUSE HE'S SO FRIGGIN DUMB. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 11

Maybe the writers are smarter than I thought. It's like they said, "hmm, maybe we made Olivia too annoying. We got it! Have Valerie yell at her! That'll make people like her again!"

And I cannot BELIEVE Dante has the balls to think Lulu slept with someone WITH NO EVIDENCE AGAIN HE NEEDS TO BE FIRED CAUSE HE'S SO FRIGGIN DUMB. 

Not me.  I don't like Valerie, but I have no doubt that Olivia - given how she's been inserting herself in Julian and Alexis' relationship - did just say something super hypocritical.

And OMG Dante - you have no moral high ground in this situation!  You fucked her cousin!  In her bed!  MORE THAN ONCE!

Bottom line - both the Falconeris need to shut the fuck up.

• Love 7

That is frikkin adorable. Why do the best things happen offscreen?

I KNOW. I'm gonna need a fic of this. Ahem. cmahorror......

I'll get to work on that. Now that I know that they are co-chiefs...

So, I tuned into Y&R to kind of get a feel for the show and characters before JT starts as Billy. Someone want to explain to me why that show has half their scenes in a hospital and GH doesn't?

Also finding it kind of ironic that JT's character is the victim of a traumatic brain injury.

• Love 4

Didn't he literally just see a pair of 2016 glasses on the bed? Glasses that could have easily been Lulu's. lol He's so stupid.

• Love 7

Not me.  I don't like Valerie, but I have no doubt that Olivia - given how she's been inserting herself in Julian and Alexis' relationship - did just say something super hypocritical.

Olivia hasn't shown any romantic interest in Julian though, however obnoxious she might be, so in this situation I doubt she will be hypocritical. Olivia's done a lot of done shit but she's never slept with a married man or desired a relationship with one so far, and while she slept with her cousin's man it's always been while he was single. I do recall that she got in Connie's face and accused her of only wanting to get back with Sonny because she knew he and Olivia were getting closer, but at least she confronted it straight out instead of blaming Connie for Olivia being interested in/kissing Sonny.

Oh well, we'll see tomorrow I guess. This whole story gives me the hives.

• Love 5

The only thing sadder than watching Zombie Jake try to act is watching him try to hug someone. He spreads his arms wide and flops over into the other person's torso. Poor little undead boy. He doesn't know how to love.

all of Liz's evil deeds are mentioned, and thrown in her face.

Did this happen during a commercial?

So very fat.

• Love 14

I'll get to work on that. Now that I know that they are co-chiefs...

Yay! You are awesome. They are just the most epic work partners. I'm still mad I never got a Patrick speech about how he missed her at work, missed bouncing ideas off her, and just missed having a woman who challenged him.

• Love 3