Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Favorite line out of Liez mouth which came out of left field for me but was hysterical..

"She calls her self..what is it? Ride or die!" 

I literally fell out laughing..just in the delivery. I was wondering how Billy Miller didn't bust out laughing..

• Love 4

Good show from Olivia but she could have gone even more over the top.

Just when Dante was getting his lungs full of fresh air from the blessed absence of screaming Lulu, Righteous Mama Mia shows up to beat his balls blue too. Here's a hint of why he married Lulu: domineering mother shrieking orders ==> marriage to domineering wife drill sergeant ("Ba-bies! Ba-bies! Ba-bies!")

Give the man some space and air! Even when smoldering Lulu showed up at the door a nanosecond after he'd signed the separation papers, she wasn't there to sue for peace. Lulu was still at war, using a bullying tactic to keep the enemy dazed and confused. He had just done what she demanded, yet she was back to double down, and not gently. Events didn't turn out the way she expected. Dante had cleared his head by sleeping with Valerie. Lulu shifted gears to screaming and righteous villifying. But instead of acting like a whipped dog, Dante took the refreshing opportunity to sleep with Valerie again and set the loose parameters for an affair with her.

So now the reinforcements have marched onto the field. Mama is utterly comfortable ordering (commanding!!) her son to reconcile with abrasive Lulu. Neither Lulu nor Mama Olivia respects Dante as a consenting and responsible adult who has choices. Neither woman uses a gentle touch to discover what pain might be at work in his soul. No, Dante has obviously been a Bad Boy who needs to be scalded with abuse, threats, and guilt. He needs to be herded back into an abusive relationship.

Lulu and Olivia are the cows in a china shoppe. And two-fisted drinker Lulu is preparing for another round, whining that men are pigs and the marriage is over.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1

I'll be so glad tomorrow if Jason puts his arms around Liz and says "Thanks for telling me at last. i realize this has been a difficult situation for all. I've told you that I love you and that I don't want to go back to my former life that I do not remember. I will reassure Sam that I will be a good father to Danny and will provide child support and love to him, but I still want to marry you and go ahead with our marriage plans."

I hope that Carly's head explodes, Patrick and Robin reconcile, and Sam accidentally drops her diamond ring down into the vast filthy Metro toilet system.

• Love 6

Just when Dante was getting his lungs full of fresh air from the blessed absence of screaming Lulu, Righteous Mama Mia shows up to beat his balls blue too. Here's a hint of why he married Lulu: domineering mother shrieking orders ==> marriage to domineering wife drill sergeant ("Ba-bies! Ba-bies! Ba-bies!")

Give the man some space and air! Even when smoldering Lulu showed up at the door a nanosecond after he'd signed the separation papers, she wasn't there to sue for peace. Lulu was still at war, using a bullying tactic to keep the enemy dazed and confused. He had just done what she demanded, yet she was back to double down, and not gently. Events didn't turn out the way she expected. Dante had cleared his head by sleeping with Valerie. Lulu shifted gears to screaming and righteous villifying. But instead of acting like a whipped dog, Dante took the refreshing opportunity to sleep with Valerie again and set the loose parameters for an affair with her.

So now the reinforcements have marched onto the field. Mama is utterly comfortable ordering (commanding!!) her son to reconcile with abrasive Lulu. Neither Lulu nor Mama Olivia respects Dante as a consenting and responsible adult who has choices. Neither woman uses a gentle touch to discover what pain might be at work in his soul. No, Dante has obviously been a Bad Boy who needs to be scalded with abuse, threats, and guilt. He needs to be herded back into an abusive relationship.

Lulu and Olivia are the cows in a china shoppe. And two-fisted drinker Lulu is preparing for another round, whining that men are pigs and the marriage is over.

Dante and his sidepiece are filthy trash and deserve to be treated like shit. 

• Love 18

I'll be so glad tomorrow if Jason puts his arms around Liz and says "Thanks for telling me at last. i realize this has been a difficult situation for all. I've told you that I love you and that I don't want to go back to my former life that I do not remember. I will reassure Sam that I will be a good father to Danny and will provide child support and love to him, but I still want to marry you and go ahead with our marriage plans."

I hope that Carly's head explodes, Patrick and Robin reconcile, and Sam accidentally drops her diamond ring down into the vast filthy Metro toilet system.

If Jason does that, he can eat a dick too. Liez took great pleasure in outing Britt at her engagement party so she can pull her big girl panties up and take that L. The chickens have come home to roost, she's a grown ass woman with 3 fucking kids whose lives she gave no shits about when she decided to play with the adults and take other people's choices away. If she doesn't wanna deal with the consequences and repercussions of her decisions, then she needs to go sit her sorry ass down somewhere and get the fuck off my screen.

And fuck this show for making me defend Britt.

• Love 24

Favorite line out of Liez mouth which came out of left field for me but was hysterical..

I literally fell out laughing..just in the delivery. I was wondering how Billy Miller didn't bust out laughing..

I loved that. It was so hilarious.

I have not been able to stand Lulu since she hit puberty, and I am one who was not at all a fan of the former actress who played her, in fact she's the reason I think I came to dislike Lulu so greatly, but that being said I do not recall a single bit of her relationship with Dante that I would label "abusive".

Dante had issues with his wife keeping secrets from  him,which was his right of course, but instead of being an adult who waited for her to come home so they could talk, hash things out, clear the air and get things back on track if possible, he crawled into bed with her cousin. Afterwards, instead of just facing the music and being honest, he decided to keep quiet and hope and pray his life wouldn't get blown apart if the truth came out.

Olivia, imho, has every right to lay into her son because she, as his mother, of course expected better from him. He had no real reason to have sex with Val except that he did, that he was mad. What Dante did was a huge betrayal to a woman that pledged herself to him and he her, not that Lulu was perfect, far from it, but she did not deserve to be devastated in such a way over something so incredibly stupid and easily handled if he'd just bothered to act like a grown up. Olivia wasn't going to hear Dante's weak and pathetic excuses and good for her. She may be his mother but when your kid has done something that awful you should be first in line to hand their asses to them.

Dante needs to stop sleeping with his wife's cousin that he's treating like a convenient "booty call", a position she is sad and stupid enough to accept, and figure out if this is the sort of person he wants to become, that he wants his son to look up to, and if getting reamed out by Lulu or Olivia or even the mall Santa Claus finally makes him then it's about damn time.

This goes far beyond Olivia and Lulu being "mean" to him by actually telling him how horrible he's being, imho, it's about Dante acting like a total jackass and needing some sense knocked back into him.

• Love 20

That had to be a trolling Ron moment right? Making fun of how he used to put in things so commonly found on message boards and the like.

• Love 5

I can't stand Olivia (especially her bull in the china shop walk complete with arms akimbo) but I loved what she said to her son today. Every word of it. As CPP83 said above, he needed some sense knocked into him.

However, I hated what she was wearing while she was knocking that sense in. That was one of the most ill-fitting dresses I have ever seen. Lisa LoC has a great body but that dress did her no favors. It was horrible.

• Love 1

That had to be a trolling Ron moment right? Making fun of how he used to put in things so commonly found on message boards and the like.

I agree because Sam's character has NEVER said she was "ride or die." That's something fan's have said but not the characters..

• Love 6

Yes, wasn't the whole thing about Liz climbing [X] flights of stairs to have sex with Jason, which now gets trotted out whenever someone like Carly is laying into her, something that started on message boards? I was watching when that blackout story was going on, and I didn't really read that information as telling about the character's obsession and determination. To me, that was just soap contrivance. The story needed Liz and Jason to be in the same place, so...there she was at the door. I wasn't applying real-world logic to it. It was just a hand-wave, like people ordering drinks or food at a restaurant and then getting up and leaving before the order comes, or a romantic scene before a fireplace in a warm-weather month. 

• Love 3

Something else I was thinking about. I know everyone keeps talking about the reveal taking Liz down but no one is talking about the fact she new Nikolas had Hayden shot and keep that to herself as well. Nik, Laura and Liz should go to jail for that. Laura and Liz are accessories after the fact..

...I know, I know, this is soap land so only Nik is wrong for that one..

• Love 3

Liez took great pleasure in outing Britt at her engagement party 

Actually, Lulu outed Britt at the party. Nikolas gave Lulu crap, saying she didn't have proof, and at that moment Liz walked in saying there is proof -  she had Cam's origami thing in her hand, with Britt's hand-written confession letter on the back. Britt intended to keep Rocco away from Lulu and Dante forever. Nikolas is a terrible parent, and Britt has shown she doesn't take a child's safety seriously. While Dante sucks now, at that time he was a responsible guy who wanted to have children with his wife. (And Lulu absolutely wanted to have children with Dante). While Liz has done some horrible things, stealing a child is not one of them. Britt also taunted Liz (when Nikolas wasn't there, of course) that her ex - Nik's brother- abandoned the children because he couldn't deal with her. Since Britt wasn't even in Port Charles and didn't know any of them when everything went down, her thinking that she had any place to judge/comment was trashy. Liz eventually owns up to her sins; Britt's default response for everything was: "It's all  Mother's fault!"

• Love 4

Liz eventually owns up to her sins; Britt's default response for everything was: "It's all  Mother's fault!"

I don't think Liz fully owns up to her own sins because when she changed Danny's paternity she clearly said her motivations were because of what Sam did in the past and because Jason wouldn't give them a chance. I don't think that is owning up to your sin.

Owning up is simply saying, "yeah, I did it and it was wrong," no other excuse - but all the characters have an excuse for what they do and none of them really, truly own up to their sins..they just have to eventually admit fault but they don't admit it without supplying a reason. Therefore Liz is no better than Britt. In fact, none of the characters are better than the other. 

• Love 7

While Liz has done some horrible things, stealing a child is not one of them.

If Britt had had her way, Dante and Lulu would never have known that Ben was their son.

If Liz had had her way, Jason would never have known that Jake and Danny were his sons.

Liz eventually owns up to her sins; Britt's default response for everything was: "It's all  Mother's fault!"

Oh, I'm sure Liz is going to try and justify the hell out of her actions today.  "I had to lie, Jason!  Your mob peen is so sparkily!  Nikolas made me!  God kept sending me signs!"

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 18
However, I hated what she was wearing while she was knocking that sense in. That was one of the most ill-fitting dresses I have ever seen. Lisa LoC has a great body but that dress did her no favors. It was horrible.

She probably hasn't lost all the baby weight yet. I thought the dress was a tad snug, but people have worn a lot worse.

• Love 1

If Britt had had her way, Dante and Lulu would never have known that Ben was their son.

If Liz had had her way, Jason would never have known that Jake and Danny were his sons.

Oh, I'm sure Liz is going to try and justify the hell out of her actions today.  "I had to lie, Jason!  Your mob peen is so sparkily!  Nikolas made me!  God kept sending me signs!"

Not to mention that Liz was keeping Monica from her son as well, especially during a time when she was well aware that Monica believed she was now childless, that she'd lost both her sons within a mere year apart.

Liz put her happiness in having Jason, finally, above ending the mourning and grief of another mother, the grandmother of her son, that's pretty damn cold and heartless in my book.

• Love 6

Liz eventually owns up to her sins

Liez owns up to her sins when her back's against the wall and she can't lie anymore. When Jason confronted her yesterday she tried to deny what she did at first. She had to have known deep down in her black heart that he knew the truth but she still tried to deflect and lie her way out of the situation. She only confessed when Jason threatened to walk out the door.

• Love 10

I don't think Liz fully owns up to her own sins because when she changed Danny's paternity she clearly said her motivations were because of what Sam did in the past and because Jason wouldn't give them a chance. I don't think that is owning up to your sin.

Owning up is simply saying, "yeah, I did it and it was wrong," no other excuse - but all the characters have an excuse for what they do and none of them really, truly own up to their sins..they just have to eventually admit fault but they don't admit it without supplying a reason. Therefore Liz is no better than Britt. In fact, none of the characters are better than the other. 

Re: Danny's paternity, Jason asked, "So this was revenge?" And she said "I don't know," then said she didn't want Jason with Sam - that she wanted him with her to take her pain away, make things better.

Re: your second comment, I was actually thinking of JJ and BH's scenes in Shadybrooke about the Niz affair.  She said to him "you were on drugs; I don't have an excuse." Liz will acknowledge at some point  and Becky does a good job of playing Liz's shame/remorse (esp. during alone moments) throughout a storyline and of course after a confrontation.

• Love 2

I don't need Liz publicly shamed because her lie is not the public's business. What does Epiphany care, for instance? Sabrina? Lucas? Anna? Etc.? It's only Sam, Danny, the Qs and various Corinthii who are affected, and even then, Jason wasn't interested in knowing who he was for a very long time. It doesn't excuse the lie, but it's also not as if Jason would have immediately disavowed his current life and gone back to being a hit man.

I can't believe how poorly this story has been written. I should care that Jason finally knows Liz knew who he was ages ago, but I don't because he's shown no interest in knowing who he is. 

• Love 7

I can't believe how poorly this story has been written. I should care that Jason finally knows Liz knew who he was ages ago, but I don't because he's shown no interest in knowing who he is.

This is how I feel about Emma's Sam pain. I know I'm supposed to be "aw, no, omg, tears" about this, but they never had real bonding scenes! Ever!

• Love 1

Ben was starting to grow up in a house of horrors, with Dr. O as a role model and two conscienceless people - Nik and Britt.  Neither one was his parent. Britt knew how badly Dante and Lulu wanted to be parents because she had been their OB/GYN. Ben was an innocent baby. Totally different situation.

Liz lied to Jason, not disputing that, but he's a grown ass man who didn't have a gun to his head preventing him from pursuing his identity by spending time in therapy, paying someone not related to Nikolas to really investigate him, etc. He said to Liz, hmm maybe I have a wife and kids out there ... and then an oh well, whatever attitude. He had zero longing. Also, Jake and Danny were living with at least one of their bio parents, in homes where sociopaths don't regularly appear and hang out because they're family.

Btw, your Liz quote made me LOL. ;)

Edited by Bringonthedrama

Ben was starting to grow up in a house of horrors, with Dr. O as a role model and two conscienceless people - Nik and Britt.  Neither one was his parent. Ben was an innocent baby. Totally different situation.

Liz lied to Jason, not disputing that, but he's a grown ass man who didn't have a gun to his head preventing him from pursuing his identity by spending time in therapy, paying someone not related to Nikolas to really investigate him, etc. Also, Jake and Danny were living with at least one of their bio parents, in homes where sociopaths don't regularly appear and hang out because they're family.

Btw, your Liz quote made me LOL. ;)

You're not disputing that Liz lied, but you are rationalizing in her favor.  But as far as I see it, Liz and Britt's goals were the same.

And relatedly, just because she's now been exposed, I don't think Liz is going to gracefully bow out.  She, like Britt with Nikolas, will argue to Jason that they can get past this, what they have is so amazing, etc.

And I'm not saying that Britt shouldn't have been exposed and shouldn't have gotten dumped because, again, that's what happens when you buy a ticket and pay the game and get caught out.  I just don't see why the rules are different for Liz.

And in conclusion, if a dialogue writer ever managed to sneak "sparkily peen" into a script, I would literally mail the studio $5.

• Love 12

I'm in for this scenario simply for the damage it would do to Carly. You had me at "Carly's head explodes." I need Carly's head to explode.

• Love 3

2/10

• Love 3

Finally watched yesterday's show. Random thoughts:

KeMo hauled 100 tons of storyline up a hill on her back in her scenes with Jason. She recapped this shit without busting out laughing.

"Haven't you two ever had a cryptic conversation? Hasn't she hasn't ever started to tell you something and then stopped?" Now, Sam, this is Port Charles. Safe fucking bet, there. 

And Billy Miller, come get that Emmy. He looked almost interested in a few scenes. Wow.

That crap between Patrick and Sam made me want to punch them both in the throat. Sam, you just told Jason he's your husband for the 10,000th time so don't bother with the "I love you, Patrick, we can work!" Patrick, you are not the victim here. I hate your fauxnoble asses.

Did BH channel overly attached girlfriend at the end or what? Crazy eyes. Scary crazy eyes. 

This Valerie/Dante story blows.

Edited by JaneDigby
  • Love 5

Patrick, you are not the victim here. I hate your fauxnoble asses.

This. THIS is mainly why I'm SO happy this is the last day I have to watch Patrick/Sam and this complete and utter BS. Patrick put himself in this situation. He is the one who started dating someone new and moved them in his home 2 seconds after a divorce and 2 seconds after he was about to marry Sabrina. He is the reason Emma has another insta-mommy that she's losing. SO sick of his victim nonsense.

• Love 3

I really hope Johnny eventually has at least one scene with Carly.  I realize that was just a booty-call blip before the Cranco fiasco and RC's infatuation with RoHo, but still, I really liked them together.  And I want him to get at least one dig in about her marrying Sonny again.  

• Love 3

While I wished he had directly drawn the parallel between her pain over Jake and Monica's over him, I most appreciated Jason calling out Liz on deciding for herself that his family could go on grieving for him as long as she had him.  I least appreciated him saying Carly was right, because...no.

I'm not defending her in the slightest, but I have to roll my eyes at the narrative that seems to be developing that Valerie is an EVUL temptress taking advantage of Dante's confusion that Lulu has to rescue him from.  Dante's succeeding at being a douchebag all on his own, if you ask me.

Emma going from crying for Sam to stay to crying that she wished Patrick and Robin were still together was rather abrupt. 

You got to hand it to Jerry, there is a market for drugs that make you undead.  Just ask David Hayward.

Did he at least give Robin a cupcake with a candle like he did last time? Because two years ago, around this time, Jerry had been her captor; well, around September, anywayz.

He spent most of the episode threatening to kill her, so no, no cupcakes this time.

• Love 6

Ugh, Patrick sucked worse today by not stepping forward to tell his daughter there's not going to be a wedding ... no, Sam gets to the be one to tell her, sobbing, and then listen to Emma beg her to stay. Emma screaming and sobbing at Sam and Patrick just letting her....uberdouche.  Brooklyn did a fabulous job with Emma's breakdown. Her sobbing "no more falling in love," no more girlfriends, it hurts too much Daddy" and begging for her mother....WOW. I wonder if HeatLifer is cheering for Brooklyn/Emma.  And no Sam, Patrick is responsible for Emma's heartbreak. So sad that it takes Emma sobbing, on the floor, wanting her mother for Patrick to decide they'll go see Robin.  Ugh.

I like that Jason says they're over because Liz didn't trust him. That's not love. BH was great and BM was actually watchable. I wasn't bored by his responses to her justifications. The line that the woman he was in love with is no more real than Jake Doe was ... interesting. 

KMc's words to Emma also got me. The tears....:(

"What have I done to my life?" Dante, we've all been asking that for a while now.

• Love 14

So did anyone bother to give that baby aspirin to Rocco?  And, where was Danny?

Oh, Elizabeth.  What world are you living in?  You did the wrong things for the "right reasons"?  And they would be...?  And "out of love"?  For yourself, maybe.

My heart broke for Emma today.  Her actress did a great job.  That poor child can't help but be messed up.  See, Patrick, this is why you don't move your latest girlfriend of a few months and her kid into your home to make happy families with your daughter.  It was so satisfying to hear Emma's need for her mother finally coming out, but they're still going to have to do some fancy dancing to make me believe Robin isn't second choice for Patrick, or an obligation for Emma's sake, at this point.

Since they're both homeless now, maybe Sam and Jason will both end up at the penthouse now.

Edited by Fellaway
  • Love 1

I'm not defending her in the slightest, but I have to roll my eyes at the narrative that seems to be developing that Valerie is an EVUL temptress taking advantage of Dante's confusion that Lulu has to rescue him from.  Dante's succeeding at being a douchebag all on his own, if you ask me.

This soo much! Valerie is the worst but than so is Dante.

I see loads of people blaming Valerie more than Dante and I really hate that I have to defend a home wrecker like Valerie. For the first time, she had a cousin who liked her and wanted to be family with her and she couldn't even keep her legs close. She is disgusting.

However, Dante is disgusting and vile as well. He is the who was in committed relationship and decided to cheat. I hate that he is skating in the show while Valerie is getting all the hate. It is lessing my enjoyment not seeing both get what's coming to them. 

• Love 2

but they're still going to have to do some fancy dancing to make me believe Robin isn't second choice for Patrick, or an obligation for Emma's sake, at this point.

It's actually not that hard. I could fix this and give Patrick his proper POV right here, right now, lol. It's all up to the writers if they want to do it. Samtrick's not even a year relationship shouldn't even hold a candle to Scrubs.

I wonder if HeatLifer is cheering for Brooklyn/Emma

Emma and Robin broke my heart today. JT had to quit for it to happen, but alas. That's Frank and Co. for ya.

• Love 5

Days like today make me ask myself: why do I still care about a show that could care less about me, the viewer.

Everything just fizzled for me. The reveals and so called revelations have all been so dragged out they lost any kind of impact they once had.

• Love 5
Jerry: Let's wrap this up.

Jerry Jacks, GH's voice of reason.

I'm not defending her in the slightest, but I have to roll my eyes at the narrative that seems to be developing that Valerie is an EVUL temptress taking advantage of Dante's confusion

Well, you know those Jezebel wimmins always be taking something from the poor widdle menz.

• Love 8

I can't believe Dante and Valerie kept saying that Rocco needed baby aspirin rather than children's Tylenol.  We have known for over 30 years that you do not give aspirin to a child because they can develop Reye's Syndrome. They don't even sell "baby aspirin" anymore, the same dosage (some brands are still chewable) is now called "ADULT Low Dose aspirin".

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 8

Something else I was thinking about. I know everyone keeps talking about the reveal taking Liz down but no one is talking about the fact she new Nikolas had Hayden shot and keep that to herself as well. Nik, Laura and Liz should go to jail for that. Laura and Liz are accessories after the fact..

...I know, I know, this is soap land so only Nik is wrong for that one..

If keeping a murder or attempted murder a secret is a crime in PC, then everyone in this town should be in jail.

• Love 3
I can't believe Dante and Valerie kept saying that Rocco needed baby aspirin rather than children's Tylenol.

This is the show that fixes brain tumors by going in through the shoulder.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 10

Wait a second...was Jerry saying that Helena died because the BFTD protocol Robin developed last year stopped working?  Wouldn't that mean Jason should be getting sick as well?

Edited by TeeVee329

After reading about yesterday's episode, I didn't even watch it because you guys were badmouthing it so bad. Twitter though is really raving about today. Mainly the acting, but I've seen just nothing but praise. Guess that means I need to watch. Elizabeth Korte wrote.

If keeping a murder or attempted murder a secret is a crime in PC, then everyone in this town should be in jail.

Well then Nikolas and Liz should be arrested and then either ridiculously found not guilty during their trial or pardoned by the governor after three months. ;)

• Love 7