Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

KeMO was playing it up.  But I saw nothing from BM.  He sucks. But seriously, could Sam have a bigger crush on Jake? She is all over him!!

Honestly, I think KeMo puts effort into her scenes while BM does not.  I can't say at all that Sam is crushing on Jake because I haven't seen that, but I do think she tries to make moments of "connection" with Sam and Jake, and BM doesn't even try.  Jake is one of the worst characters on GH because he doesn't connect with anyone and he is SO opposite of what Jason Morgan would ever say or do.  I don't see chemistry with Jake and Sam or Jake and Elizabeth.  Yesterday when Jake was wearing the goofy red nose with his football jersey, all I could think was WTF?  How do those two things go together?  Who would even PUT those two things together? 

Answer:  Jake would.  Ugh!

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 5

I just feel like Sam touches him a lot and flirts with him.  I don't know.  She acts like I acted in high school or college when I had a crush.  If KeMo is playing it that way on purpose it makes sense.  But it could just be my interpretation. 

...and that's not bro-y lol?

Wasn't disputing that, more like saying that you understated what a ginormous ass Morgan is. I thought it was extra gross/cringe-worthy because he was saying it to Maxie, but to his girl cousin and cousin's bf as well as their friend. It seems like a lifetime ago that child Molly and child Morgan performed on stage together. I guess it's to be expected though, since his mother also has no boundaries when it comes to family and sex talk. 

• Love 1

KeMo tries, BM doesn't. That is all I get from their scenes.

Did Jakeson really perform a karaoke today? 

I feel more and more they are setting the stage for him to be a fake.

Because. Really. KARAOKE? 

AND the big red nose on a football jersey?  Yeah, Jason Morgan would NEVER do any of that crap.  So I feel the groundwork has been layed for him to eventually be a fake.  God knows I can't accept him as Jason Morgan the way he is now - and no, getting his memory back will not help the character.

• Love 1

About Audrey today. It was nice to see her and all, but if she wasn't actually going to share scenes with Liz and was just voicing over a letter filled with platitudes about her and Jake(son)...what exactly was the point?

Thank you! I actually DVRed the show because I wanted to see Audrey and this is what the write, produce and film. How could they screw up something so simple. I don't even think they had RA look directly into the damn camera. I ended up cussing out the idiot director in my head.

I wonder if TR cut his hair for his new role on Showtime? No more pregnancy stories show!!!

Karaoke with no actual karoke? What's the point?

That's all I got. Everything else validates my reason for quitting. They have dampened my hope that the Robin and Robert returns will be anything but craptastic.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 1

Wasn't Spinelli running the program at Sam's in the first place? Why did he bring it to GH? I know they had to pretzel Carly into things, but come on.

I died laughing when the face morphed into Jakeson then SB's Jason.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

I just feel like Sam touches him a lot and flirts with him. I don't know. She acts like I acted in high school or college when I had a crush. If KeMo is playing it that way on purpose it makes sense. But it could just be my interpretation.

She probs is doing it on purpose. I think Sam enjoys hanging around him and talking to him and it's been that way for months. It's cute. She's herself around him.

• Love 6

Right?  All I could think of was the look of misery on SBu's Jasons' face during the karaoke at Spixie's non-wedding

• Love 4

Also, a continuity error I saw mentioned elsewhere.  Liz and Jake(son) made a big deal of saying their wedding is November 6th.  But today in GH time, it's Halloween.  And the wedding is tomorrow.

Not the first October to November wormhole! The Black and White Ball started on or around Halloween and, when it was over and Emily kicked, Monica was fretting about Thanksgiving when - I think it was Jason - came to tell her about Emily.

So stupid. But at least where stupidity is concerned, GH is consistent!

• Love 1

Not the first October to November wormhole! The Black and White Ball started on or around Halloween and, when it was over and Emily kicked, Monica was fretting about Thanksgiving when - I think it was Jason - came to tell her about Emily.

So stupid. But at least where stupidity is concerned, GH is consistent!

Oh, I hear that.  OLTL did the same thing - Mitch Laurence killed Jared on Halloween and he was buried after Thanksgiving.

It was specifying the date - "We're getting married on November 6th!" - that makes it more glaring than just shifting from Halloween time to Thanksgiving time.

• Love 1

Right?  All I could think of was the look of misery on SBu's Jasons' face during the karaoke at Spixie's non-wedding

I HATE Spixie, but I loved the non-wedding. The actors genuinely looked like they were having fun, too. Even if there was secondhand embarrassment watching some of the acts/singing. (Hi, Mac and Patrick!)

• Love 7

Right? All I could think of was the look of misery on SBu's Jasons' face during the karaoke at Spixie's non-wedding

I think that Stone Cold version of Jason is gone. I don't think it means Jake isn't Jason. I'm hoping he's a merged Jason Q./Morgan.

• Love 7

I think that Stone Cold version of Jason is gone. I don't think it means Jake isn't Jason. I'm hoping he's a merged Jason Q./Morgan.

I think it'll come down to the rumors being true or not about BM getting a pilot and if picked up, he's gone or whatever. If it's not true, his character is a goofy waste of a hybrid. If it is? He'll be a fake and Jason is still mercifully dead.

We'll see, I guess.

• Love 2

I agree that KeMo does try in the Sam/Jake scenes whereas BM doesnt. IDK.

What was the point of Audrey speaking in a voice over and not an actual scene with Elizabeth. Seems pointless.

Pathetic last minute ratings stunt.

TPTB: Our ratings are dropping. We even fell below Days what can we do?

TIIC: Well Days is bringing back vets and fan favorites. Playing up to nostalgia.

TPTB: We should do the same. We have Audrey sending Liz a letter and fift. Maybe we can get RA to make a cameo and read the letter.

TIIC : Great idea! We can also announce the return of vets and fan favorites after we sign them for short limited returns.

TPTB : Excellent! We can make the announcement the week that all the Days planning and forthought starts showing up on screen fullforce.

TIIC : Awesome!

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 2

Morgan was a douche (and the sky is blue) but today it gravitated back to the kind of douchitude I enjoy . . . non emo, non-whiny douchiness. Horny, leering Morgan is someone I can enjoy to dislike. Drugging-and-whining-about-Michael's-evilness-while-asskissing-Sonny-hard is not.

I wonder how long it will take Dillon to sell out good pal Valerie. I also really need for Tracy to give him a come-to-Jesus talk after Lulu does whatever she's gonna do.

Tracy: call me when Rocco decides to become a poet.

hee. Again, Tracy was awesome today but that camera shot of her and Paul near the end of the show was awful. Makes the show look like an 8th grader's video project.

meh, ER is back to exaggerating her lips like she's gumby.

I thought the Haunted Star looked good. Maybe Lulu should just turn into an actual Haunted Boat tour so I don't have to see the regular crappy decor. 

TJ and Molly looked really good. So let's not give them a story!

Kiki's make-up made her look like even more of a bratz doll. Also, I wonder how many crew members Michelle Stafford took out with her elbows during her first scene?

• Love 4

I think it'll come down to the rumors being true or not about BM getting a pilot and if picked up, he's gone or whatever. If it's not true, his character is a goofy waste of a hybrid. If it is? He'll be a fake and Jason is still mercifully dead.

We'll see, I guess.

I mean, I personally can't watch a show based on rumors and possible actor exits. Right now the show is saying Jake is Jason.

I mean, I personally can't watch a show based on rumors and possible actor exits. Right now the show is saying Jake is Jason.

Oh, I get it. But if those rumors are true, I think the show is covering all bases, just in case. With that said, if BM still wants prime time that badly (I guess it's why Sony allegedly didn't really negotiate), why even come to GH? And why would TIIC hire an actor whose reputation always has him with one foot out the door?

It's all a mess.

• Love 1
They have a story, they're friends with Darby! #eyeroll

Call her Darb! All her friends do!

I personally can't watch a show based on rumors and possible actor exits

It's confirmed that KMcC, TR, and BB are back for a few eps, FH and GF are sticking around (though given the shooting schedule, that means we'll see them once a month), and JT is leaving. There are always rumors of actors leaving, but are any more than the usual spec?

ETA: I'm not snarking on your comment, just noting that we've had official confirmation on a bunch of people.

Edited by dubbel zout

LOL that Mommy is the one who has to finance it. Get a job, loser.

"Hey, Mom, can you write a check to this film crew so I can be filmed sexing up this chick I just met?"  Sonny and Carly have done a fine job raising that idiot.  He's the son they deserve (well, second in place as "son they deserve" to "one who would kill them in their sleep.")  

• Love 7

"Hey, Mom, can you write a check to this film crew so I can be filmed sexing up this chick I just met?" Sonny and Carly have done a fine job raising that idiot. He's the son they deserve (well, second in place as "son they deserve" to "one who would kill them in their sleep.")

"Ha-ha! Sure! As long as you're not within 10 feet of me!"

Oh, I get it. But if those rumors are true, I think the show is covering all bases, just in case. With that said, if BM still wants prime time that badly (I guess it's why Sony allegedly didn't really negotiate), why even come to GH? And why would TIIC hire an actor whose reputation always has him with one foot out the door?

It's all a mess.

Honestly, it's not a mess, for me at least, because I'm not watching the show thinking about Billy Miller, you know? Right now, Jake is Jason, and his loved ones are about to find out he's alive. That's really all I'm seeing at the moment. You may be right. Maybe the writers are covering their bases and so forth. I'm just not paying attention to things that may or may not happen. I'm a simple viewer in that way.

• Love 3

I'm surprised they haven't tried to "redeem" * Valerie by having her make some huge sacrifice (i.e. donate bone marrow to Rocco or save him from a burning building etc.) so that Lulu is indebted to her. 

*like a heroic act somehow cancels out cheating

I usually like DZ's acting choices, but the way he was staring, dumbfounded, looked more like "did I leave the lights on in my car?" rather than OMG my darkest secret is being revealed.

• Love 3

Either that or he's supposed to be a Jason Q/Morgan hybrid - and even then, clown noses and karaoke? Really?

• Love 2

I'm surprised they haven't tried to "redeem" * Valerie by having her make some huge sacrifice (i.e. donate bone marrow to Rocco or save him from a burning building etc.) so that Lulu is indebted to her. 

I feel like that is reserved for the Mob/Mob-affiliated characters - Sonny, Luke, Sam (Jason's ex at the time, saving Jake=redemption w/Jason, Liz, Lucky), Liz (Jason's other ex, bone marrow donation to Josslyn - Carly feeling indebted to her). Valerie isn't important to the show; she's a newbie Spencer family member. I think the show is trying to do the cousins-in-love-with-a-Corinthos man 2.0 (since the Sonny w/Kate-Connie then Olivia story went so well, ya know/sarcasm.) 

"Hey, Mom, can you write a check to this film crew so I can be filmed sexing up this chick I just met?"  Sonny and Carly have done a fine job raising that idiot.  He's the son they deserve (well, second in place as "son they deserve" to "one who would kill them in their sleep.")

Damn, Morgan is always number 2.

• Love 2

I said earlier that I thought Dillon would find that video clip of himself and Valerie and queue it up for the party, and I think that's exactly what happened.  That quick dash into the office after seeing Valerie and Dante in what he, no doubt, thought was a compromising position?  Yeah, in spite of his stupendous "acting" shocked, methinks Dillon's slip is showing.  And how hard is it to stop the reel?  Pull the drive out, for pete's sake, if the remote inexplicably isn't working.

• Love 4

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if they make it Valerie who really set it up.  I just don't think the show is very interested in doing much with her, so why not have her go obsessive stalker for a short arc and then usher her off screen?  

Right after I posted that, I realized that "short arc" has no place on this show.  So, long arc? 

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 1

And how hard is it to stop the reel? Pull the drive out, for pete's sake, if the remote inexplicably isn't working.

That scene was dumb, not just bc of the remote not working, but all the players were silent. Why wasn't Valerie yelling to turn it off from the start? I've always hated these types of scenes. Like, throw the TV on the ground.

• Love 6

This episode just felt so ... cheap. Like the karaoke with no actual singing really cracked me up.

The bachelor party scenes were awful. Just awful. I hate how LW plays Carly when she's all smiley and laughing. It's super annoying. 

DZ looks like he's sleepwalking through his scenes.

• Love 6

Oh good gods and goddesses. I'm afraid you may have accidentally called it. When Lulu's one frozen egg fails, Val will donate hers so Lulu can carry a baby. 

Quick! Burn a candle now  and kill a chicken at the next full moon before this idea gets out into the universe!

• Love 4

Oh good gods and goddesses. I'm afraid you may have accidentally called it. When Lulu's one frozen egg fails, Val will donate hers so Lulu can carry a baby. 

Quick! Burn a candle now  and kill a chicken at the next full moon before this idea gets out into the universe!

Even if Lulu forgave Valerie that fast, I don't think Lulu would accept.

I just don't think the show is very interested in doing much with her,

FV:  "Sorry we have too many pregnant women right now.  Want to be a cop or a nurse?"  Off to police academy Valerie goes she announced today,

Edited by sunnyface

That scene was dumb, not just bc of the remote not working, but all the players were silent. Why wasn't Valerie yelling to turn it off from the start? I've always hated these types of scenes. Like, throw the TV on the ground.

I can buy that Valerie didn't realize what it was at first. Dillon should have been the one to throw himself at it, unless he decided he did want it revealed like that after all.

But it was still dumb.

• Love 1

Dillon should have been the one to throw himself at it, unless he decided he did want it revealed like that after all.

I'm pretty sure Dillon is the one who set it up considering how pissed he looked when he saw Val and Dante hugging.  

I also thought it was weird that it started right away with that scene.  Why not show some real shots of the movie then something happens and the wrong footage starts to play.  Otherwise it looks like whoever did it, did it on purpose and that won't look good on Dillon once the smoke clears.  

Is it just me or was anyone else creeped out when the photo morphed from Jake to Jason.  So creepy.  

• Love 6