Type keyword(s) to search

House Hunters: Buying in the USA

5 hours ago, juliet73 said:

I'm curious to know the difference in pricing of homes not in the "city center." I would definitely save $250,000+ by moving a couple of blocks away from the shops and restaurants.

None of the three homes were in the center of San Francisco. I didn't catch the neighborhood of the third house, but the first two, Park Merced, and Excelsior, are near the southern city limit. In the more desirable central and northern neighborhoods you'd be looking at around $3M for the same kind of house.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

None of the three homes were in the center of San Francisco. I didn't catch the neighborhood of the third house, but the first two, Park Merced, and Excelsior, are near the southern city limit. In the more desirable central and northern neighborhoods you'd be looking at around $3M for the same kind of house.

Proof that I could NEVER live in SF. 

• Love 4

Fort Worth couple

Curious episode. He has a "bachelor pad" (I'm guessing it was an apartment or rented condo) and they both have jobs (flight attendants, undoubtedly with AA), and their budget was $110K. She mentioned wanting French Provincial and balked at a place with non stainless steel appliances and small rooms, then approved what she referred to as hardwoods at once place that looked like peel 'n stick to me. They're both moving into this place, but the house seemed to be her purchase, not his. I'm thinking that he must have bad credit or a lot of debt or maybe another family to support because really, $110K? They ended up with, I think, a two bedroom, one bath little home in what looked like an old neighborhood. Glad they found something, and now they have chickens, too!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, mojito said:

Fort Worth couple

Curious episode. He has a "bachelor pad" (I'm guessing it was an apartment or rented condo) and they both have jobs (flight attendants, undoubtedly with AA), and their budget was $110K. She mentioned wanting French Provincial and balked at a place with non stainless steel appliances and small rooms, then approved what she referred to as hardwoods at once place that looked like peel 'n stick to me. They're both moving into this place, but the house seemed to be her purchase, not his. I'm thinking that he must have bad credit or a lot of debt or maybe another family to support because really, $110K? They ended up with, I think, a two bedroom, one bath little home in what looked like an old neighborhood. Glad they found something, and now they have chickens, too!

Yes, it was pretty confusing when she said she wanted a French Provincial or 'Plantation Style' home on such a tight budget.  When she was adamant that the budget not be exceeded, it seemed 110 grand was the max she was pre-certified to borrow which indicates some sort of financial missteps in her past, too.  If she's working full time which she seems to be; her salary has got to be at least 50 grand even if she's working for one of the budget airlines and its probably a lot more than that.  She must have a lot of credit card debt or some other major ongoing expenses or she would've been more flexible on the budget.

• Love 5

According to Salary dot com, the median salary for flight attendants at major airlines is $72,600.  Some of the top FA's earn upwards of $90,000.  So, knowing the Ft Worth couple had such a small budget, there are other things at work here.  And, when I heard the woman say she was on her "usual" flight to London, that tells me that she's paid higher because you have to have a lot of seniority to get international flights.  Yes, the starting salaries for FA's is bad, but these two look older and more established  

Can't remember the city, but the couple who had the young child that they "obsess" over, drove me crazy, but especially the wife.  Everything to her was cute----cute kitchen, cute fireplace, cute paint.  Who buys a house just because it's cute?  I want to know about construction, good foundation, and other important issues.  I can make it cute on my own.  

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, mojito said:

Fort Worth couple

She kept saying "my budget," not "our budget." Actually, I don't think the guy mentioned money at all. So I definitely think it was she who was taking out the loan. And given how adamant she was that they not go over budget At! All! I am guessing that $110K was her pre-approved amount, and also that the guy was renting since they might have had some more to work with if they were selling his place.

She was another who talked about small rooms. Dude, none of the places you looked at were more than 1400 square feet! Of course the rooms were small! And they ended up in the smallest place of all. Also she said she had a studio in Miami, so she should be used to small square footage.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Yes, it was pretty confusing when she said she wanted a French Provincial or 'Plantation Style' home on such a tight budget.  When she was adamant that the budget not be exceeded, it seemed 110 grand was the max she was pre-certified to borrow which indicates some sort of financial missteps in her past, too.  If she's working full time which she seems to be; her salary has got to be at least 50 grand even if she's working for one of the budget airlines and its probably a lot more than that.  She must have a lot of credit card debt or some other major ongoing expenses or she would've been more flexible on the budget.

She also wanted SS appliances, an island and double sinks in the bathroom for less than $110k!  I really think though that was producer driven because neither one of them complained about the obvious cosmetic issues - worn carpet, ugly tile countertops, outdated baths, etc.  They never said "gut job" or "no way can I live here, etc".  I understand not wanting a yard to take care of if they are always traveling, but on the flip side, the $350/mo fees at the condo were way too high!  I think they made the best choice for them and their financial situation.  

• Love 3

Maybe it was my mood. But it seemed that they spent half the episode declaring what the house wasn't. "It's not my _____", "It doesn't have my _____". Why does HH think people need to state the obvious? (Standing before a two-story home, declaring it's not a ranch. Or in this case, her claiming that it was her Victorian while he claimed it wasn't his style.) And her white walls. And comments about "concave" walls. She should probably look up the word and just stick to saying "slanted". 

Yeah, it was probably my mood

Proof that I could NEVER live in SF.

SF is the "emperor's new clothes" of cities to me. Everyone keeps saying how great it is, but I just see an overpriced dump.

Yeah, I was like "I don't think that work means what you think, though you probably feel pretty smart saying it".   I enjoy visitng San Francisco, but really would not know what I would do for housing, since the most I could afford  would probably be a 300 sq foot shack made of cardboard boxes.  My brother lived in San Jose and even with a high paying job in the tech industry, rent was still pretty stressful.

• Love 5

I laughed at the final scene in the SF episode when the wife was talking about wanting to flip the tub around.  This is the same woman whose comments throughout the entire episode lead me to believe she thought changing a light bulb amounted to a home improvement project.   You don't just flip a bathtub around without some real money being involved.  Would have been simpler to leave the tub location as it was so that no plumbing had to be disturbed.  Maybe install a larger tub with an in-tub shower as the husband first suggested.  I have a niece who lives in Oakland with a husband and 2 children.  The house is a postage stamp, but they have a nice outside space, and fortunately the weather there lets them enjoy that as almost another room year round.

The room in the garage in one house was bizarre.  How can that even be a bedroom?  I got the impression that it was probably being rented out as a very small apartment.       

• Love 3

Bragging about pursuing someone who is taken isn’t as charming as you think it is, Cincy dude. I once saw an episode of Say Yes to the Dress in which a bride bragged that her fiancé was engaged when she met him and she “took him.” Not a great story.

The exteriors of the first two houses were really nice. It was odd to me that they complained about the noise on house # 2 when they wanted to be in the city. Cities are noisy. Loved the claw-foot tub in the third house. I’d have gone with the first house too. Good location, least expensive, pretty manageable projects, and lots of charm.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, stormy said:

Soaking tub. The House Hunters new buzz term. What ever happened to plan old bathtub?

90% of the HH use the exact same lingo: they all seem to know about tray ceilings and chair rails. I actually appreciate it when someone gets it wrong. Like the one lady who called a bidet a ‘duvet.’

• Love 9

I used to have a jetted tub, and you have to be careful with them.  You can’t use bubble bath products or bath salts as they provide a build up of product that can turn rancid.  I used to have to fill the tub with super hot water and use a product that is made to clean out the tubing and jets.  In my next house I got an air jet tub that was self cleaning.  Much better than a jacuzzi.  

• Love 4

A good friend is a realtor, and she told me she has countless stories about mold and gunk in jetted tubs that have been cared for improperly.  She said that she would even have second thoughts about having one that only she had ever used. 

• Love 2

90% of the HH use the exact same lingo....

I bet dollars to donuts that before the filming they are given a book with HH producer-selected phrases.  They are required to pick out and use at least 8 of those phrases during the filming even if they are a) not applicable, b) incorrect, or c) downright stupid. 

These include (but are not restricted to):

• Amazing - bonus points if you can use it in a ridiculous reference, for instance in describing white walls
  • Awesome (see amazing)
  • Tray or cove ceilings
  • Stainless steel AKA "high end" appliances
  • Hardwood
  • Granite
  • Open concept
  • Gut job
  • Two sinks in the master bathroom
  • Tub (soaker, jetted)
  • Carpeting has got to go (the devil's work)
  • Neighbors (horrors)
  • Craftsman, Mid Century Modern, Victorian
  • Walk in closet (see above where this was never part of the design)
  • Man Cave
  • Media Room
  • Entertaining/cooking/large family gatherings
  • Play space, toy room, bonus room
  • Budget
  • I can see myself...
  • Love 8

The wife in the Cincinnati episode must be a walking ad for her husband's toothpaste sales job.  She had blindingly white teeth and that "Pepsodent smile" from the old TV ads.  Yes, I'm dating myself there.  She bugged me with her insistence on a jetted soaking tub and used that phrase over and over.  Then, they get to the 3rd house with has a claw foot tub and she immediately declares that's exactly what she had been looking for.  Really?  What happened to the jetted part she had been harping on for the past 30 minutes?  

Some of these HH's kill me with their expectations.  The guy is whining about having to fence that huge yard on the 2nd house.  Just fence the portion that you think will be enough room for the dog for goodness sake.  At least we didn't hear any whining about no walk in closets in any of those houses.  I don't know why this couple bugged me so much, but they did.    

• Love 8

Somebody explain 2 sinks.  My spouse is NOT in the bathroom when I’m primping & I don’t want to see what he’s doing either.  The sound effects are enough.  Unless, it’s so he can dirty up his side - but then you would have to clean 2!

• Love 8

First I don't clean my sinks. I've had a cleaning service for over 25 years. When we had two sinks, it was convenient if we were getting ready to go somewhere at the same time. We don't now, so work around. But then we don't have any problems being in the bathroom together. Never have.

Edited by chessiegal
2 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

I used to have a jetted tub, and you have to be careful with them.  You can’t use bubble bath products or bath salts as they provide a build up of product that can turn rancid.  I used to have to fill the tub with super hot water and use a product that is made to clean out the tubing and jets.  In my next house I got an air jet tub that was self cleaning.  Much better than a jacuzzi.  

I had a Jacuzzi tub in our previous house and I hated it. I never even used the tub, my kids would take regular baths, not with the jets on because I was afraid mold and mildew would come out. The jet area was always gross looking, even after cleaning the tub. It was the biggest pain. TBH, I find garden tubs to be a PITA. They are so awkward to clean, you have to get in them to clean the opposite side. I'm not a bath person anyway. 

• Love 2

I had a Jacuzzi tub in our previous house and I hated it. I never even used the tub, my kids would take regular baths, not with the jets on because I was afraid mold and mildew would come out. The jet area was always gross looking, even after cleaning the tub. It was the biggest pain. TBH, I find garden tubs to be a PITA. They are so awkward to clean, you have to get in them to clean the opposite side. I'm not a bath person anyway.

Not a bath person either.  And I don’t find a jacuzzi relaxing at all.  I agree on the cleaning aspect.  In fact if I redo the bath with the tub I’m going to get a walk in tub.  So I can walk in to clean it.

2 hours ago, chessiegal said:

But then we don't have any problems being in the bathroom together. Never have.

Ha, ha - lots of people don't.  However, I don't want to have to explain what I'm putting on my eyes and why.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ChromaKelly said:

I've got a Jacuzzi tub and love it and use it a couple times a week.  I do live alone, so virtually no one else ever uses it.  It does take some cleaning, but the jets in mine come apart pretty easily and most of the pieces can go in the dishwasher for cleaning.  I use a toothbrush and bleach on the rest.  Well worth it, IMO.

• Love 3

To add to Kohola's list:

* Natural light (I usually say sunlight)

* It's loud out here (I would say that it's noisy out here)

* I've always wanted....(really, you've always wanted stainless steel appliances? you do know that most people would consider a few years not always)

* This is exactly what I imagined....(that's some imagination you have there)

* This is smaller than I was hoping for....(just shut up)

* Light and airy....(I got the light part, but a room with unopenable or closed windows is not airy)

• Love 4
17 hours ago, ChromaKelly said:

My master bath has a 'garden' tub and a separate shower. I tried out the tub when we first moved in 30 years ago. It took forever to fill and the water cooled too quickly to enjoy a long 'soak' in it. I haven't used it since. I'd love to remove it and replace it with a huge shower with a built in bench and then remove the old shower and replace it with a storage closet. I just need to get DH on board with the idea. Neither DH or I are bath people. I have a neighbor who did what I want to do with that bathroom and I need to get with her and find out what it cost and who she hired to do the work--the tile floor will have to be replaced, wallpaper will have to be removed, and a monster-sized mirror over the tub will have to be removed. 

Edited by CruiseDiva
  • Love 4

I bet you could sell that mirror in a heartbeat.

I wish we had separate bathrooms.  Mr. Angeltoes has been known to be lazy and brush his teeth as he's standing in the shower.  That skeeves me out to no end for some reason.  

Edited by Angeltoes
  • Love 2

I’m waiting for the first HH wife to want her “She Shed”.  I hate that commercial where the woman has her she shed and takes off her bra and eats some kind of candy bar.  I expect She Shed will become the mantra for some house hunter just like the silly man cave.  

• Love 3

Years ago when we first started watching HH, my husband and I came up with a drinking game for every time someone said "amazing."  Obviously you would be drunk after 30 minutes, so we gave it up.

It cracks me up when they walk into a 100 year-old house and say, "THIS is the master bedroom?"  There were no master bedrooms 100 years ago.  Just maybe one that was slightly larger.

Also, why does everyone call the bedrooms that are not masters "guest bedrooms?"  Like, this is the first guest bedroom, this is guest bedroom #2, etc. Why not call them bedroom #2 and bedroom #3, etc.  Do people REALLY have that many guests?

Also, young-ish couples who want plenty of room for "entertaining."  Again, are people really entertaining that much to make it a deal-breaking issue?

EVERYONE wants a white kitchen now.  I expect the trend will be over in a few years.  I saw an episode yesterday where someone said faux painting is "out."  I told my husband it is a good thing we didn't have it done because our house would now look "dated."

• Love 6

I know people who truly do entertain all the time. One is a retired Navy officer and his wife who have company, not just one couple but sometimes more, staying weekends, especially if there is a home Navy football or other Navy sports game going on. They have a huge house, and use all of it, even with kids grown and gone.

• Love 1

There is some gooey blue stuff in a jar, we bought at a hot tub place that really cleans those jets out.  I personally didn't look at what came out of ours...but, my husband was quite pleased with the results.  

• Love 1

About cleaning the jetted tubs:

I try to avoid homes w/jetted tubs but if I do purchase one ... (normally an investment prop)

Instead of using expensive cleaners, I add white vinegar to the water and circulate it.  In addition, I make a baking soda paste and lightly scrub as / where needed.  (The baking soda can be too abrasive.)

I rarely purchase the special cleaners, for anything.  Hope that saves someone a few $$$.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, chessiegal said:

I know people who truly do entertain all the time. One is a retired Navy officer and his wife who have company, not just one couple but sometimes more, staying weekends, especially if there is a home Navy football or other Navy sports game going on. They have a huge house, and use all of it, even with kids grown and gone.

I also question all the couples who talk so much about all the entertaining.  I guess maybe it’s all about location?   Maybe certain locations do more entertaining than others.  I have a cousin who lives in a subdivision where everyone tries to outdo all the others.  Consequently, they entertain all the time. They’ve even started calling themselves The Real Housewives of _________.   My cousin entertains almost every day in summer because they have a pool. People bring the food and drinks, and they all party.  I don’t know how they do it.  It would drive me insane, having no privacy whatsoever.  

• Love 5
On 2/11/2018 at 2:55 PM, KLovestoShop said:

I’m waiting for the first HH wife to want her “She Shed”.  I hate that commercial where the woman has her she shed and takes off her bra and eats some kind of candy bar.  I expect She Shed will become the mantra for some house hunter just like the silly man cave.  

Takes off her bra ???  LOL

Don't usually watch commercials.  Sounds like I should stop fast-forwarding!

Edited by aguabella
On 2/11/2018 at 3:29 PM, NYGirl said:

What about they fact that they say outdoor space rather than backyard or terrace.

Or...water feature.  Who says that???

You mean the "garden"?  lol

Oops, that's HHI!

P.S.  Nice to see you around, NYGirl but hope you're sleeping well!  Take care -

• Love 1
On 2/10/2018 at 6:36 PM, doodlebug said:

I've got a Jacuzzi tub and love it and use it a couple times a week.  I do live alone, so virtually no one else ever uses it.  It does take some cleaning, but the jets in mine come apart pretty easily and most of the pieces can go in the dishwasher for cleaning.  I use a toothbrush and bleach on the rest.  Well worth it, IMO.

Glad you enjoy the tub and it works for you.

Please, please, please ... don't use bleach, ever.  Seriously, you don't want bleach anywhere near plumbing.  Even small amounts - over time, it wears down pipes and can create noxious fumes in them.

Ever tried the diy cleaning system I posted above?  Will you give it a try?  Just, please, skip the bleach.  For your sake and any future homeowner(s) ...

50 minutes ago, aguabella said:

Glad you enjoy the tub and it works for you.

Please, please, please ... don't use bleach, ever.  Seriously, you don't want bleach anywhere near plumbing.  Even small amounts - over time, it wears down pipes and can create noxious fumes in them.

Ever tried the diy cleaning system I posted above?  Will you give it a try?  Just, please, skip the bleach.  For your sake and any future homeowner(s) ...

I don't put the bleach into the plumbing.  Just use it diluted with a lot of water on a toothbrush to clean the parts of the jets attached to the tub.  I know about bleach and plumbing.  I've used the vinegar and water circulation method (after rinsing any bleach off the jets, speaking of noxious fumes) before but find an inexpensive commercial cleaner recommended by a contractor and available on Amazon to work better for me.  It costs less than $2 per use and does a nice job getting all sorts of gunk out.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I don't put the bleach into the plumbing.  Just use it diluted with a lot of water on a toothbrush to clean the parts of the jets attached to the tub.  I know about bleach and plumbing.  I've used the vinegar and water circulation method (after rinsing any bleach off the jets, speaking of noxious fumes) before but find an inexpensive commercial cleaner recommended by a contractor and available on Amazon to work better for me.  It costs less than $2 per use and does a nice job getting all sorts of gunk out.

I understood your method.  Have seen what happens when bleach is used so I don't recommend it even in small amounts.

The vinegar alone is insufficient.  The baking soda to clean the jets is essential.  I buy them in bulk quantities so pennies per use.

Whatever works for you ... you're the one using the tub!

BTW, the problem with jetted tubs isn't the jets and areas we can see.  It's the pipes below the tub.  B/c they're confined in a small space, they don't fully drain.  They just can't!  Homeowners can clean the surface areas but the pipes below don't circulate, totally.  It's the gunk we can't see ... and clean!

5 minutes ago, aguabella said:

I understood your method.  Have seen what happens when bleach is used so I don't recommend it even in small amounts.

The vinegar alone is insufficient.  The baking soda to clean the jets is essential.  I buy them in bulk quantities so pennies per use.

Whatever works for you ... you're the one using the tub!

BTW, the problem with jetted tubs isn't the jets and areas we can see.  It's the pipes below the tub.  B/c they're confined in a small space, they don't fully drain.  They just can't!  Homeowners can clean the surface areas but the pipes below don't circulate, totally.  It's the gunk we can't see ... and clean!

I’ve been using the same tub a couple times a week for more than 20 years with no plumbing issues at all (knock wood), so I’m not going to mess with success.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, doodlebug said:

I’ve been using the same tub a couple times a week for more than 20 years with no plumbing issues at all (knock wood), so I’m not going to mess with success.

Hey, like I said, above, "Whatever works for you ... you're the one using the tub!"

Once you've dealt with the problems caused by someone using bleach (like I have), you don't wish it on your worst enemy!

Take care ...

On 2/8/2018 at 3:48 PM, chocolatine said:

Third house was in Crocker Amazon, adjacent to Excelsior, IIRC. Those two neighborhoods border Daly City so yes, they're much cheaper.

I believe Park Merced's farther west, near SF State.

(Have done many RE projects in the SF area.)

Did not like the house the St. Paul couple ended up in, but I didn't really like any of the houses. I really thought they'd end up in the first one since the wife adored it and it was only $10K over budget - I'd think they could negotiate that down, but maybe the market in St. Paul is hotter (well, not literally because St. Paul is not know for hot weather!) than I realized.

Empress1, wasn't the first St. Paul house really small, and the kitchen almost non-functional?  I couldn't believe there were no drawers in the kitchen cabinets.  If I remember correctly, it was furnished too.  99% of the time, the empty house is the one that is purchased.  Of course, in this case, I think the last 2 houses were empty so that was a 50-50 guess as to which one they would buy.  I ramble in a 2300 sf house by myself, and often think I could do w/o at least 3 of the rooms, but it is nice to have the space.  I would have a hard time sharing a small space with another person at this point in my life.  As I've said before on this forum, having a nice basement in many of these houses, is like having another house and that space isn't counted in the square footage.  

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, laredhead said:

Empress1, wasn't the first St. Paul house really small, and the kitchen almost non-functional?  I couldn't believe there were no drawers in the kitchen cabinets.  If I remember correctly, it was furnished too.  99% of the time, the empty house is the one that is purchased.  Of course, in this case, I think the last 2 houses were empty so that was a 50-50 guess as to which one they would buy.  I ramble in a 2300 sf house by myself, and often think I could do w/o at least 3 of the rooms, but it is nice to have the space.  I would have a hard time sharing a small space with another person at this point in my life.  As I've said before on this forum, having a nice basement in many of these houses, is like having another house and that space isn't counted in the square footage.  

Oh, you're right - the kitchen had no storage, which would be a complete non-starter for me. I have a lot of dishes. Actually, I am generally pretty concerned about storage, as I like things to be put away and I spent so long in NYC, where storage and space are very often an issue. The basement was finished in the first house though. I think the yard was worse in the first house too, and the wife wanted to garden. I didn't think the second house was much bigger than the first, square-footage-wise, though I think the kitchen was bigger. I remember that the third house was the biggest, both land and square feet, but they didn't want to be in the suburbs.

Speaking of square feet, the second episode featured a Utah couple with five kids who were trading up from a 5500-square-foot house to a 10,000 square foot house, which, wow, that's a lot of house. I can't remember what the husband did for a living (I remember the wife said she was the "CEO of the household," which I found annoying), but their budget was $1.6M. I would have zero interest in cleaning up after five kids in 10,000 square feet, but maybe they have a housekeeper.

• Love 2

Anyone who has a $1.6 million budget is not cleaning their own house.

Utah County Couple with 5 kids

Tee hee. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that she did clean the house. However, with 8000+ square feet from 5500 square feet, I also wouldn't be surprised if she gets help now.

Interesting reason for leaving their current home. The main reason is that they wanted a home that would be more appealing to their 5 kids as they grow into their teens, and would be the hangout home. (Oldest kid is 11 now.) She also complained that her good-sized kitchen was too small and she wanted a pantry. To me it was odd that a couple planning on their kids' teen years would still want their bedroom to be on the same floor as the kids. Actually, the husband would've been happy with the separation.

They ended up with the home that they wanted (she changed out the "dark" kitchen with granite and travertine back splash for white). They got a pool, trampoline, movie theater, etc. It would've been easy to hate on this apparently wealthy young (late 30s) couple, but really, they were quite nice. 

St. Paul Couple

Bland homes. She was happy with the idea of a two bedroom home. She mentioned having a child. She also wanted an artist studio and a music area for him. She either likes to move a lot or she's a poor planner.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

Did not like the house the St. Paul couple ended up in, but I didn't really like any of the houses. I really thought they'd end up in the first one since the wife adored it and it was only $10K over budget - I'd think they could negotiate that down, but maybe the market in St. Paul is hotter (well, not literally because St. Paul is not know for hot weather!) than I realized.

Twin Cities gal here - I knew they were going with House #2 or #3.  #2 if they were going to be hipsters in the city , #3 in Maplewood if they wanted a yard for kids.  Looks like they are going for the hipster vibe.  For a city like St Paul I was stunned there were not more options!  There are A LOT of houses in St Paul - a lot of variety in terms of styles and amont of of room.  A more affordable city option to Minneapolis.  Lots of funky neighborhoods, restaurants, etc.

Chicago couple/Wife was born in Poland:  Goodness she grated on my nerves.  They both did, along with their dog Vinnie.  Look, I am a dog lover but leave your dog at home.  Please don't let him jump on the window sills and drink out of the toilet.  Wife had a THING for white kitchens, didn't she??  And Hubby and his THREE tv's?  Yeah....no.  Someone tell me why he would want three tv's mounted - to watch three sporting events at the same time? 

• Love 1