Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Going Green! Kourtney Kardashian Bans Plastic Bottles in Her Home

I know, I know, any effort is important. 

But when you compare this plastic bottle ban with the conspicuous consumption of her lifestyle (green lawns, can't even imagine the amount of electricity and resources it requires to maintain that house, not to mention the cost of all that consumerism including but not limited to cars and private planes) I feel a little cynical side eye coming on.

46692172.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 2/13/2019 at 12:09 PM, BitterApple said:

Since all the kids resemble Scott, I'm guessing it's his original one and he had a rhinoplasty at some point. 

Many years ago- like back in the 1990's - long before the K clan, social media, etc... I once had an idea for a short story

In this story,  two very-attractive people meet and get married. They both have had facial plastic surgery, but they don't tell each other. They both felt extremely unattractive growing up and they don't want to admit this to their apparently very naturally attractive partner.  

Then they start having kids and their kids have big noses, weak chins, and other unfortunate facial features.  Each of the parents start freaking out as the kids slowly grow older.  They know their kids are unattractive, but they don't want to acknowledge it openly because they think they will be a bad parent if they give off any indication they don't think their kids are attractive. 

I'm not much of a writer and could never think of how all this would end, so I never wrote it. But now this type of thing is playing out in real life (and its probably happened in many families to some degree or another).

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ChristmasJones said:

Many years ago- like back in the 1990's - long before the K clan, social media, etc... I once had an idea for a short story

In this story,  two very-attractive people meet and get married. They both have had facial plastic surgery, but they don't tell each other. They both felt extremely unattractive growing up and they don't want to admit this to their apparently very naturally attractive partner.  

Then they start having kids and their kids have big noses, weak chins, and other unfortunate facial features.  Each of the parents start freaking out as the kids slowly grow older.  They know their kids are unattractive, but they don't want to acknowledge it openly because they think they will be a bad parent if they give off any indication they don't think their kids are attractive. 

I'm not much of a writer and could never think of how all this would end, so I never wrote it. But now this type of thing is playing out in real life (and its probably happened in many families to some degree or another).

Lulz! There was actually a story similar to that out of China or Korea several years ago. A man sued his wife for giving him "ugly" children. The wife had a ton of plastic surgery prior to meeting him, and never said anything. When the kids came out with some unfortunate features, the husband felt he'd been defrauded. I forget what the outcome was, but the details weren't too far off from what you described! 

Edited by BitterApple
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Lulz! There was actually a story similar to that out of China or Korea several years ago. A man sued his wife for giving him "ugly" children. The wife had a ton of plastic surgery prior to meeting him, and never said anything. When the kids came out with some unfortunate features, the husband felt he'd been defrauded. I forget what the outcome was, but the details weren't too far off from what you described! 

Wow ... that is nearly exactly the same! They say truth is stranger than fiction... !

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

She now looks exactly like Kris.

Or Kris looks just like her. They all go to the same plastic surgeon. I’m sure the idea is to keep their looks similar enough to each other so as not to look like anyone of them has had too much work done. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I don't really know what's going on here that Kourtney shared these pictures on her Instagram and I'm just super confused where they going to an after Oscars party dress like this? Also am I hallucinating or is that Khloe's Spanx that I'm seeing underneath her "outfit" 

PicsArt_02-25-09.55.48~2.png

• Love 1
1 hour ago, carolinagirl81 said:

Also am I hallucinating or is that Khloe's Spanx that I'm seeing underneath her "outfit" 

It sure looks like it, sooo attractive, that'll make Tristam miss her for sure!

• LOL 3

I hope they didn't go out in public like that. I assumed it was just a makeshift photoshoot.

Kendell's look is so odd because she's got the Jackie Kennedy look with the hair but then the rest of the outfit is the furthest thing from Jackie Kennedy, lol.

Kourtney has an amazing body but I don't know what's going on with that outfit. She's the only one who doesn't look like she stuffs herself into spanx everywhere she goes...well Kendell as well because she's already quite thin and doesn't seem like there's much body fat there.

Khloe...that's definitely spanx you can see through the outfit but I guess she thought she could play it off because her bodysuit is supposed to play off nude tones. I don't know if spanx has a piece that includes full leggings but had Khloe worn that, it would probably just looked like the underpiece to the bodysuit.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I hope they didn't go out in public like that. I assumed it was just a makeshift photoshoot.

Apparently, that's all it was, a photoshoot for their IG accounts. These people need to get lives.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, GaT said:

Apparently, that's all it was, a photoshoot for their IG accounts. These people need to get lives.

So hilarious (and sad) that we live in an age where people do photoshoots just for their social media accounts. How obsessed that people feel the pressure or desire to always have content ready and available for people to fawn over.

• Love 2

I am so tired of these sisters and their highly sexual poses with each other. I am an only child but I don’t know any siblings who would be comfortable posing suggestively with each other. I am not a prude or pearl clutcher I just find it obnoxious 

• Love 16
27 minutes ago, nightmeri said:

I am so tired of these sisters and their highly sexual poses with each other. I am an only child but I don’t know any siblings who would be comfortable posing suggestively with each other. I am not a prude or pearl clutcher I just find it obnoxious 

Thank you.  Everything about them is meant to play into some male sex fantasy. They girl on girl fantasy.  The sisters fantasy.  The bondage styling.  It is like it is the only way they know how to define their worth and it had reached such an uncomfortable level.  I guess it all ties back to that sex tape.

That said, I'm having Kendall hair envy.

• Love 11
59 minutes ago, nightmeri said:

Same! I'm not a prude either but geez. Look at the pic Khloe posted. I'll be damned if I would ever pose with my hand on my sisters ass. Its all so tacky.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, nightmeri said:

3 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

Thank you.  Everything about them is meant to play into some male sex fantasy. They girl on girl fantasy.  The sisters fantasy.  The bondage styling.  It is like it is the only way they know how to define their worth and it had reached such an uncomfortable level.  I guess it all ties back to that sex tape.

That said, I'm having Kendall hair envy.

2 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Same! I'm not a prude either but geez. Look at the pic Khloe posted. I'll be damned if I would ever pose with my hand on my sisters ass. Its all so tacky.

This is all distraction, there is no reason for this photoshoot other than to take interest away from Jordyn & her appearance on "Red Table Talk"

• Love 4
On 2/26/2019 at 7:49 PM, nightmeri said:

Families with narcissism at the core don’t have normal boundaries.

• Love 6
(edited)

Can any of them promote anything without taking their clothes off? If this clothing line is anything like her Pretty Little Things collab being naked is not far off from the actual clothes.

I know its a foolish way to think but when I look at pics like that I just think -you have a daughter. Would you be OK with your daughter posing like that one day? Then I come to my senses and remember what family we are talking about here.

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, GaT said:

I can't possibly be the only person who finds the fact that she named it after her daughter & decided to start it off by posing nude odd, am I?

Nudity is the family business.

12 minutes ago, WonderArtist said:

I do not understand how Penelope and Poosh relate to one another?. Well, except for starting with P...

Scott called her that when she was little, that’s all I know.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, nexxie said:

Physically he’s a 180 from clean cut Scott. I’ve never liked the tatted up look, I’m kind of surprised Kourtney would. 

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Physically he’s a 180 from clean cut Scott. I’ve never liked the tatted up look, I’m kind of surprised Kourtney would. 

You know cool tattooed guys would only want a real hot woman, a woman who was way hotter than her sisters, you now. Bible.

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, iwasish said:

2 hours ago, GaT said:

You know cool tattooed guys would only want a real hot woman, a woman who was way hotter than her sisters, you now. Bible.

This is a neighbor she’s known a long time - they do things together with their kids. Maybe he grew on her.

• Love 3
(edited)

Review: Kourtney Kardashian at BAC

Rich people acting out their little dramas’: Frey Kwa Hawking writes on Sleepwalk Collective’s final show in their Kardashian trilogy, a deconstructed, live-art opera.

FREY KWA HAWKING

Sleepwalk Collective’s Kourtney Kardashian at Battersea Arts Centre.

Sleepwalk Collective, the European live art and experimental theatre company, complete their Kardashian trilogy with Kourtney Kardashian, which is not about Kourtney Kardashian, as such, but about opera. It’s not an opera, in the strict sense – but it does have all the movements, it seems. I glean this from their names (OVERTURE, CAVATINA, RECITATIVE etc) beamed above the two performers through the dark, and by the helpful glossary provided on the back of the freesheet.

I know nothing about opera. I’m one of the people referenced at one point in the performance: I do think of the opera as unnatural. I’ve been once, last month, in fact, and how silly. Think of all the theatre I see; why should opera’s subsidised foreign vowels turn me off more than the often-just-as-pretentious stuff put on underfunded or superfunded stages which I lap up? How useful is “natural” as a term, anyway?

Kourtney Kardashian – following Kim Kardashian, in 2016, a ballet, and the play Khloé Kardashian in 2017 – is less natural, if you like, than anything opera has to offer. Everything feels somehow dialled up, with its two performers (iara Solano Arana and Nhung Dang) wearing “gold”, crinkly dresses which make the sound of rainsticks when they move, and white, painted faces. Opera, they tell us at one point, is rich people acting out their little dramas, at “maximum volume, maximum expense”, pretending that we’re not watching.

Kourtney Kardashian is without pretence. The conductor (Sammy Metcalfe, his speech unspoken and beamed above us like the movements) tells us, to begin with, that there are no musicians or orchestra here, but that he still raises his hand – like this – and the music starts. This music is occasionally run through with vocal samples, some recognisably as opera, but mostly throbbing, humming bass with something darting over it. A guy in the row in front of me bobs his head like he’s listening to something trendy, as my mum would put it.

Performers iara Solano Arana and Nhung Dang speak to us about the opera, examining dissected parts of it, but that makes it sound dry; it isn’t dry. It’s honestly almost frightening at points. They talk as if we’re all friends here, and they’re human, like we all are, maybe. They’re either washed in light making their whole bodies gold, or red. Sometimes one of them will go to the side of the little raised platform of the stage, and do something like make themselves doll-like, turning in perfect semi-circles with a measuring tape in their hands. Sometimes they wear little Marshall amps around their necks. They tell us that they’re outsourcing our labour, as audience, to a recorded laughter and applause. It’s reliable.

Opera, like a lot of things in the world, is ridiculous.

The language is beautiful – I want to buy a script of it and can only really approximate it here. Somewhere, somebody is singing, they tell us, but not here. There’ll be no singing here tonight. And it’s true: we only hear singing when there are recreated memories of someone, unspecified, from 1992, of their mother or father singing from Figaro. We sort of see this relationship. There’s one robotic dance. It all feels both distancing and much, much too close.

Opera, they tell us, is like performing a seance. These are the right two to do it, both so confident and measured. Even if it feels like poking at a corpse a bit. Even if it is, at points, puzzling and strange, and some people will be turned off because, well, opera. Kourtney Kardashian won’t be for everyone – I’m not even sure it’s for me. But it’s brilliant.

Edited by vast wasteland

“So, what exactly is Poosh?

According to an insider, “Kourtney’s line is going to cover everything, basically. Everything that you see in that photo, aside from Kourtney and the Apple laptop, is part of her line.”

“She is launching Poosh as a beauty brand, but also a lifestyle brand. So that means that the tea set, as well as the colognes on the shelf and even the towels are going to be included in her brand.””

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2019/03/what-is-kourtney-kardashian-poosh-line-about/

On 3/8/2019 at 8:36 PM, nexxie said:

“So, what exactly is Poosh?

According to an insider, “Kourtney’s line is going to cover everything, basically. Everything that you see in that photo, aside from Kourtney and the Apple laptop, is part of her line.”

“She is launching Poosh as a beauty brand, but also a lifestyle brand. So that means that the tea set, as well as the colognes on the shelf and even the towels are going to be included in her brand.””

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2019/03/what-is-kourtney-kardashian-poosh-line-about/

Can I use the "Poosh" products with my clothes on?  Kourtney's seems to live a good part of her life nude.  Me, not so much.  Maybe "Poosh" isn't the lifestyle brand for me.

Edited by beagletime
spelling
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

What's with the dark round-ish splotches on the tile, in front of the commode which is just out of sight? They may be part of the tile's natural surface/color or they may be something else. But as much as they photoshop, this is an unfortunate and icky  oversight.

• Love 1