Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation Without Spoilers

DollEyes

Here's the thread to post your speculation without spoilers-like, say, your picks for the Bathtub baby & the Red Devil killer. My pick re the former-Pete, the barista/school paper editor. As for the Red Devil killer, my suspects so far are Dean Munsch, fratboy Chad, Grace's dad Wes and Sorority president Gigi.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 1

I'll go with Dean Munsch for the Devil (she seems to have a bone to pick with this particular sorority and having its members get murdered is a way to get people not to join & let the chapter die out--pun not intended). Bath baby... Hmmm? I'll go with Boone or Pete for now.

Bathtub baby - Boone (Nick Jonas)

Red Devil - Boone and someone else working with him (maybe GiGi)

I think he's getting back at the sorority that let his mom die. I think GiGi was the girl holding the baby. I also think Grace's mom was the one who wasn't going to miss Waterfalls (Bethany?).

Edited by fireice13

You know, it might be obvious about who could be Bathtub Baby and Red Devil. Ryan Murphy isn't very good at subtly, after all. But, just in case he somehow manages to pull off subtle and not have Bathtub Baby be Boone, Grace, Chanel or Pete (most likely candidates) or have Red Devil be child of dead sorority chick, the Dean, or one of the Chanels, let me throw out my more obscure but I guess still possible options:

Bathtub Baby: Chad. I feel like Grace cannot be Bathtub Baby because that would mean Ryan lied straight out in the pilot episode and that would be too quick, even for him. Chanel would be too obvious along with Pete. We find out Boone died and then didn't die in the pilot, so I think most people are thinking that he's Bathtub Baby and Red Devil. But Chad isn't being considered, so why not? He has as much chance as anyone else on this show. But it probably is Boone or Pete. The one thing I think is that the baby's going to be a boy. Ryan Murphy likes his guys, after all. Seriously; all the men on his shows are treated better than the women, which is why I'm surprised there are so many females on this show. AHS is an exception, in some regards, because of Jessica Lange's characters. 

Red Devil: Just for laughs, let's go with Grace's dad, or Gigi. Ok, I'm kind of liking the idea of it being Gigi because I think she was definitely there in 1995, either as dead sorority girl or baby holding sorority girl. Grace's dad? I think he might appear in the flashbacks as part of one of the other fraternities and if Grace's family has to be involved in all of this, I'd rather it be her dad instead of her dead mom. Plus, it makes sense that he would have met Grace's mom during this time at the sorority that she was part of. 

I'm going to be so disappointed if we find out Grace can't find any pictures of her with her mom and that her dad lied to her about her mom being alive for her first two years. Also, Grace is eighteen. She's too young to be the baby, and that would also mean Grace was lied to about her age, which...no. Any first years should be automatically disqualified for being in the running to be the baby. 

Edited by Lady Calypso

I'm going with GiGi and Chanel as the Devil and baby, respectively. I think GiGi was the girl holding the baby and she actually killed the bathtub girl when the others left because she wanted the baby for whatever reason. She probably watched her grow from afar and "helped" her along the way.

Most of the deaths in the first two episodes seemed to be connected to Chanel or to help her: the former president's burning helped her get the job. The guards death got Niecy Nash to back off. Chanel 2 died to stop her telling the truth. Maybe she even had Chanel kill the housekeeper to either train her or because she was going to expose GiGi as the bathtub person.

What I'm not sure about is if Chanel is in on it or not.

Now I'm thinking Chad is the Red Devil. It makes sense because Boone would do ANYTHING for Chad, including fake his death, Chad looooooooves death, and Chad wasn't there when they find Boone's body, but he's there to report Boone's death to the sorority. 

• Love 1

I'm thinking that it's Boone and Hester. The neck brace is just a ruse and she knows so much about murder already. Lea Michelle is a pretty big name (at least in The Ryan Murphy world) to just be a small character. Just a thought.

• Love 2

I think the twist is that the KKT gal had TWO babies that night (one either before or after the Sorority sisters arrived to find her initially in the tub, and the two siblings being separated and unaware gives Ryan carte blanche to have contradictory "clues".

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 2

I'm thinking Boone is somehow in on things as far as the killings, along with maybe Chanel #5? She's a bit of a dark horse since not much has been said about her character/background, but I'm speculating that we'll soon find out more about her.

I'm thinking Boone is somehow in on things as far as the killings, along with maybe Chanel #5? She's a bit of a dark horse since not much has been said about her character/background, but I'm speculating that we'll soon find out more about her.

I thought it was practically spelled out this episode that Boone faking his death had no actual connection to the killer and that he's not in league with him/her.

It seemed to me that Boone faked his death as part of some wish fulfillment on Chad's part.  I think Chad didn't like that kappa was getting all the attention so they created a victim from their frat.  Then the plan is for Chad to be the big hero who stops the Red Devil.  Hence, the Backstreet Boys attack on all items of red.  There was only supposed to be one Red Devil (Boone) that Chad could take on and defeat.  Instead the real Red Devil shows up and a frat guy gets his arms chopped off.

The Red Devil costumes are littering the ground on campus.  Someone in a Red Devil costume at the morgue is meaningless.  It could have been Chad wanting to try on the costume before the plan started.  It could have been barista/reporter/mascot who was acting shady when Grace showed up.  My immediate thought was there was some unknown connection to Boone and that is where 'dead' Boone was hiding out.

• Love 2

I thought it was practically spelled out this episode that Boone faking his death had no actual connection to the killer and that he's not in league with him/her.

Can I ask how it was spelled out? I was only paying half attention, so I guess I missed something. I thought Boone was definitely in one of the devil costumes during the street tussle with the golf frat because Chad was only knocked out and not injured. I took this to be Boone protecting his friend. Do you think these two particular devils were just copycats? Who was in the other devil costume? (honestly curious about all the theories!)

I was also curious about Gigi. Does anyone else think it's weird that the national president (I think that's what she called herself in the first episode?) of a sorority like KKT would be someone like Gigi-a graduate of a fourth tier law school in the Caribbean (not to disparage Caribbean law school graduates!)? I would just think a sorority filled with millionaires and billionaires would have someone a bit more...fancy? as their president. And the way she showed up in the first episode seemed a bit suspect. Chanel obviously hadn't called her for help.

The show is so crazy, I don't know what's a clue or what's just bad writing, so it's hard to really try to figure things out (reminds me of The Killing in that way. But at least Scream Queens doesn't take itself so seriously).

• Love 3

So, Gigi in 1995 is either Amy, the girl who stayed with Sophia (the girl who gave birth) while the rest danced to Waterfalls, or Gigi is Sophia. In that case, Sophia wasn't dead, they just thought she was, and she later dug herself out of the grave, which would give her a strong motive for wanting revenge. Also, we learned in episode 9 that Boone learned to slow down his heart rate and breathing so a coroner couldn't tell he was alive. Who did he learn that from? Who even gave him that idea? He's way too stupid to come up with that himself.

If Gigi was Amy, and she ran off with the babies to live in that house and be the Hag and scrounge for food until she was institutionalized...then I'm not sure why she would have such a strong motivation to punish Kappa. Amy didn't do anything wrong, she could have called her parents at any time and gone home.

Mandy Greenwell {the Kappa in the trailer they visited on Halloween) said that she knew one of the sisters from that night killed herself, and one was a Fox News personality. Bethany (Grace's mom) died in a car crash, so she didn't kill herself. So Amy is probably the suicide, and Coco is the one on Fox News. Coco did have that bubbly blonde thing going on.

All the Chanels were accounted for in every attack, except Hester. We can rule out Munsch because she was attacked by all 3 (Gigi, Boone, and whoever the other one is).

I don't know, I'm assuming that the 2 red devils are each of the boy/girl bathtub babies, but that doesn't have to be the case...but if it is, then I'm thinking either Hester, Grace, or Zayday has to be the girl baby/killer.

Anyway, I just wanted to get my thoughts down, because it's really bugging me that I can't figure this out.

My speculation is the following, I'll probably be totally off but this is what came to mind after I just finished watching the new episode.

I wonder if the mother of the bathtub baby was killed by the girl holding the baby who appeared to be sympathetic? I think Gigi was the one holding the baby and that she was probably always a little psycho. As for a motive, maybe that bathtub mom had the baby with a guy Gigi had been dating or something. Maybe this is how Grace's dad fits in. He isn't one of the killers but the secret is that Grace has a half brother and sister. (Or maybe just one half sibling.) Gigi is close to getting everything she's ever wanted but Grace ruins it for her which is why she wants Grace committed. To me this rules Grace out as the RD killer. 

Hester is pulling a Boone but since others were able to guess that so easily it makes me think that there must be some extra twist or reveal as far as a fourth person being involved if not doing any actual killing. Chanel #3 is looking the most likely in this regard. 

List of Logic:

---We likely only have one unmarked killer: the Red Devil.  So, from here on, I'm only referring to that person as "the killer" whereas others- Boone and Gigi are merely "a killer".

---Gigi referred to Boone as the killer's brother.  This strongly ties to that the killer is the other bathtub baby.

---We have been led to believe the remaining killer is the other bathtub baby and we've been led to believe this baby was born female.

---Zayday cannot be the killer, as it makes little sense for Boone to have tried so strongly to seduce his... sister and co-conspirator.

---Chanel #5 (Breslin) has been attacked by a killer far too many times with sheer terror to be the killer.

---Similarly, Denise was attacked by the killer recently and it's unlikely she is Boone's sister.

---Chanel #3's interraction with Boone pretty much eliminates her as the potential killer- she wouldn't be surprised by Boone if she were the killer.

---All of the original Chanels are accounted for during far too many murders, though it's possible they're playing with time in presentation.

---Dean Munsch was attacked by three killers, so her being the killer makes very little sense.

---Every character murdered by a killer (other than Hester) has been visually pretty much confirmed dead at this point (Deaf Taylor Swift excepted).

---Sam saw who the killer was when she died and recognized them (and "knew it").

---Sam had little interraction with Pete and Chad, so either being the killer would make less sense (she also had little interaction with Boone).

---Grace argued with Gigi about the killer, when Gigi would know who the killer is.

---Grace's motivation and inner monologue make little sense if she is indeed the killer.

So... Theoretical Killers:

1) Hester.  This makes the most sense and doesn't break any of the above logic.  Her "death" was most likely meant to throw us off the trail of thinking she's an option.  Especially if they keep her "dead" into next episode for a bit.  When I first saw the cast list, I thought... I'd make Ariana Grande or Lea Michele a killer.  It's the same effect as Scream 4: pick someone known for playing/being a goodie.  And then Chanel #2 died...  Hester repeatedly disappears in scenes and has been present since episode 1.  She also bears some resemblance to Boone.  Additionally, Hester has foreshadowed and fore-warned the group repeatedly, most recently with the story of "there's somebody in your back seat" story.  She is never afraid of the peril and horror around her and brought about the situations which led to the discovery of our first corpse collection in the haunted house.

2) Grace.  This has some problems with the logic.  If Hester really is dead (and she isn't) or Hester isn't the killer, this is the only female character who makes any kind of sense.  But there's so many problems with the things we've heard Grace thinking and/or her interractions with others.  That said, maybe Grace is crazy.  It would also shed light on why Gigi insists that Grace needs to be put in an asylum.  However, in the most recent preview, we see Grace face-to-face with the Red Devil.  This kind of reveal both makes me think she isn't the killer and that she also is being setup to appear a little guilty from the preview.  I've got more to say here in favor of Grace being the killer, but I'll edit it in a bit later.

3) Pete.  This would be out of left-field.  I suppose there's enough evidence to make this make sense.  Ryan Murphy loves to mess with our expectations and loves to throw in socially aware plotlines, so I think the repeated appearance of a pink blanket is forcing us to believe that the other baby was a girl- or still is a girl.  Pete could be transgender.  That said, I think Pete as the killer is the most unsatisfying option among the whole cast; he's missing from multiple episodes and when he is present he's forgettable.  Still, when I sit and think about that old trick of making the killer somoene in the background of the story, Pete fits pretty well.

4) Someone we are certain is dead.  Chanel #2 being the killer would be cheap, but I guess it could happen.  I've even wondered at how they've ditched the whole plotline about the killing of the maid.  We never actually saw the death of Deaf Taylor Swift, but then, how would they really show that?  And pretty much every other character we think is dead... has to be dead.  Having someone long dead pop back up as the killer would be awful.  Unless it's Hester.

5) Someone who breaks the rules.  If we ignore all evidence and learn that Denise is actually the bathtub baby who time-traveled from the future to go on a killing spree. well, that would be ridiculous.  I expect that the solution will have to be built upon at least SOME of the logic we've been presented.  I realize there might be a sensational bit included (transgender elements, race not being a factor, the baby not even mattering) but there's only so much that will be acceptable, comedy or not.

So, all of that said, all of my money is on Hester.  I've also entertained a whole theory about Chanel #3 being the killer because of how much we hear about her father being Manson... and what if the bathtub baby twins were fathered by Manson?  He would have been incarcerated and in his 60s, though... so alas, no.

Edited by Azgard12
  • Love 1

This is my guess I just posted on the "Ghost Stories" episode page.

Honestly I think that it is the old president. Boone talked about the great lengths he went to to pretend to be dead and learn to slow his breathing- perhaps they trained old president to pretend die too. Plus there is a parallel between the red devil standing over the dead president and the red devil standing over dead Boone. PLUS when Gigi commended the girl devil on her commitment to the cause, I wonder if she was also talking about her commitment to "stay dead", unlike Boone.

That's my guess anyway!

I wonder if the mother of the bathtub baby was killed by the girl holding the baby who appeared to be sympathetic? I think Gigi was the one holding the baby and that she was probably always a little psycho. As for a motive, maybe that bathtub mom had the baby with a guy Gigi had been dating or something. Maybe this is how Grace's dad fits in. He isn't one of the killers but the secret is that Grace has a half brother and sister. (Or maybe just one half sibling.) Gigi is close to getting everything she's ever wanted but Grace ruins it for her which is why she wants Grace committed. To me this rules Grace out as the RD killer.

Good job Avaleigh! From last night's (episode 10) episode, we know Wes is probably the father of the bathtub babies. So he had sex with Sophia (the babies's mother) and also Bethany (Grace's mom) but not Amy, who is likely Gigi in the present.

Azgard12 said:

I think Pete as the killer is the most unsatisfying option among the whole cast; he's missing from multiple episodes

That's why he's a good pick for the other Red Devil; we don't know his whereabouts most of the time, but the girls can usually be accounted for during the killings or attempted killings. I had believed Hester to be the other Red Devil, but now I think it's Pete. I think Pete was born a girl. The Red Devil is physically taller than Gigi, and the girls seem to be about the same height as her. We know Gigi's head was substituted for the Turkey sometime after Munsch, #3, Zayday, and Grace checked on it in the oven. Pete came in after that. There's no reason to believe Pete's accusation of Wes being Boone's father is false; but the fact that Pete accused Wes throws the suspicion off Pete, and also drives a wedge between Grace and her dad, which could make her more susceptible to Pete's charms.  The Mandy Greenwell murder (the former Kappa in the trailer) happened after Pete and Grace visited, and Pete was the one who found her. Pete is known to have the costume because he's a mascot. And unlike everyone else at the Kappa Thanksgiving, Pete had no invitation (OK, neither did Munsch, but she stated her reason for being there was the superior kitchen, and she supplied the main course) or reason for being there, he just showed because Zayday was tweeting it. Also, we know nothing of Pete's background.

ETA: If you don't wanna know who the other killer probably is, then don't look at upcoming episode titles on imdb like I did. No, don't even consult your TV guide for the next 3 weeks.

Edited by Hollysdower
  • Love 1

I posted this in the Thanksgiving episode thread but I will post it here because technically it is speculation.

The Red Devil Killer.

Who I will happily accept (no order of preference)

1: Chanel #1

2: Grace

3: Ear Muffs

3: Hester

4: Zay Day

Who I will be disappointed with

1: Pete

2: Chanel #5

Honestly right now the theory that Pete is the Red Devil Killer is the only real disappointment for me. I get the reasons why it sounds fun but I just don't think it works. Also the falling in love with the person trying to kill you has been done to death.....oh god it is him isn't it?

Edited by Chaos Theory

Mandy Greenwell {the Kappa in the trailer they visited on Halloween) said that she knew one of the sisters from that night killed herself, and one was a Fox News personality. Bethany (Grace's mom) died in a car crash, so she didn't kill herself. So Amy is probably the suicide, and Coco is the one on Fox News. Coco did have that bubbly blonde thing going on.

Oop, I missed the premiere and only halfway paid attention to most of the episodes so I didn't realize the '95 sisters' names were common knowledge and posted my guess in the spoiler thread. I agree, Coco is on Fox News and Chanel (who wants to become a news reporter) is her daughter. Coco + Chanel = Ryan Murphy is not subtle at all.

At this point I will not be surprised if there is some convoluted reveal that, aside from GiGi and the bathtub twins, there were also some random copycat RDK killings by other people. There's already the "a killer, not the killer precedent. Dean Munsch is a confirmed killer and Chanel #1 has proven to have murderous tendencies. There are two ostensibly innocent people we've seen with RDK costumes (Pete and the other guy) so they must be pretty easy to come by.

It was proposed over the most glorious Thanksgiving dinner where everyone watches this show that we will see a ridiculous Murder on the Orient Express situation, where everyone killed someone and everyone is guilty in some way.  We've seen the Dean kill and get away with it.  We've seen Chanel do the same.  What if they're the only two who aren't killers?

Edited by Azgard12

Yay, I was right about Amy being the suicide. I got one insignificant detail right.

This is not a spoiler - I have not looked at any spoilers and don't know anything. But if you look at the next episode's title...I think that's who Pete was talking to on the phone. It explains why Pete stalked Chanel. The person would have wanted revenge on her for what happened between them. And I think Pete lent that person his Red Devil costume. I can't figure out who Pete may have killed. I don't know what Pete's relationship to the person is, but he must be a sibling, possibly an adoptive one, since Boone left Pete all his...stuff (ick).

Edited by Hollysdower