Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

Definitely risky. I was watching the game in mute so had no clue why they would go for it with five seconds left. If Vick didn't get in, Tomlin would have been creamed. Chargers are at the end if another heartbreaker.

Tomlin proved that the SAS are right....Who Dares, Wins

Edited by Snowprince

Prince Amukamara could miss up to a month for the Giants with a pectoral injury.  He was having a good year but he can never stay healthy.  Beckham, Randle and Cruz are all questionable for the Giants game against the Eagles.  It's frustrating because the Giants have a CAKEWALK of a schedule coming up (games against the Patriots and maybe even the Jets aside) and they might not have anybody left to ensure them an easy division title and a good berth in the playoffs.

Police determined they were both sober and the marks on girlfriend's arm were the result of him keeping her in the moving car so no arrests or charges. Both acknowledged that they had been stupid. I'm just disappointed that he was drinking.

I'm a Packers fan. I specifically have kept DirecTV so I can pay for NFL Sunday Ticket so I can watch every Packers game on my TV.

Well, today, the Packers/Chargers game was blacked out where I live in the San Francisco Bay Area due to some glitch that DirecTV is aware of but, two hours later, still canot fix. (Our local CBS affiliate is showing the Ravens/49ers game instead, as expected.)

I had planned for weeks to attend a function this afternoon, while DVRing the game to watch later.

Instead, I find myself canceling my plans so I can watch an illegal low-quality ad-ridden livestream of the game on my computer.

UPDATE: They fixed it with 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter, when it was also available on my CBS affiliate after the 49ers game ended.

Edited by nowandlater

I saw on Twitter that Denver was still undefeated and I could not figure out how because I saw one play in OT, when Peyton threw an INT that gave Cleveland good field position.

Then I just saw a highlight of what ended the game. Thank you Broncos D for once again saving Peyton's bacon!

Oh my goodness, the Packers are going to give me a stroke before this season is over.  A great play by the rookie on the 4th and goal.  Hopefully, they can heal up over their bye week.  They desperately need some healthy receivers.  A friend and I bet each other every week at what point in the game will the "Boy, Do the Packers Miss Jordy Nelson" graphic (as we call it) go up, where they show his catches/TDs from the past years.  This game reminded me of 1996, when Roberts Brooks was gone for the year, Antonio Freeman broke his arm, Chmura hurt his foot and for a few weeks Favre was throwing to Don Beebe and Terry Mickens.  Of course, the Packers won the Super Bowl that year.

Poor Russell Wilson - apparently God put some serious money on the Panthers today.

• Love 1

I'm a Packers fan. I specifically have kept DirecTV so I can pay for NFL Sunday Ticket so I can watch every Packers game on my TV.

Well, today, the Packers/Chargers game was blacked out where I live in the San Francisco Bay Area due to some glitch that DirecTV is aware of but, two hours later, still canot fix. (Our local CBS affiliate is showing the Ravens/49ers game instead, as expected.)

I had planned for weeks to attend a function this afternoon, while DVRing the game to watch later.

Instead, I find myself canceling my plans so I can watch an illegal low-quality ad-ridden livestream of the game on my computer.

UPDATE: They fixed it with 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter, when it was also available on my CBS affiliate after the 49ers game ended.

I think it may have been DirecTV,  I was on a football liveblog earlier and an out-of-market Skins fan was complaining about the same thing.

Well, today, the Packers/Chargers game was blacked out where I live in the San Francisco Bay Area due to some glitch that DirecTV is aware of...

nowandlater, even though you're aligned with the evil incarnate (I'm a Vikings fan) I certainly hope you get on the horn and get a partial refund for this week's games.  Complete bullshit that this happens. "Glitch that DirecTV is aware of"  - fix it!  How much money do they make on Sunday Ticket? This doesn't take someone to realign the satellites.  Make 'em pay.

Colts had their chances and just couldn't do it in this game.

However the refs completey screwed up that onside kick call in the first half and it was a momentum changer. No idea how you see that on the field or on the replay and determine the pats recovered it. No pats player ever had control of that kick.

At least it was competitive, not the blow out many predicted. Feel better about the colts now than I did 2-3 weeks ago.

• Love 3

Aww that sucks. I watched the baseball game and then went to bed so this is my first knowledge of who won.

I know I was so annoyed on Twitter when Brady threw the INT and everyone on earth was like "it was his first pick of the season...AND IT WASN'T HIS FAULT poor Tommy with his terrible receivers."

Ok I may have added some on but still. I don't care if it was off the receivers hands or not. Excuse-making in his favor makes my teeth hurt.

• Love 1

nowandlater, even though you're aligned with the evil incarnate (I'm a Vikings fan) I certainly hope you get on the horn and get a partial refund for this week's games.  Complete bullshit that this happens. "Glitch that DirecTV is aware of"  - fix it!  How much money do they make on Sunday Ticket? This doesn't take someone to realign the satellites.  Make 'em pay.

I believe that DirecTV loses money on Sunday Ticket. They pay a lot, but often give it away free or at a heavy discount (I'm paying $225 this year for it).

Well the pick wasn't because of an ill chosen bad throw perse, and that is a difference whether it's Tom Brady or any other QB.

I don't see how pointing that out is making excuses. It's not as if Tom is going to go the whole season without throwing an INT regardless.

For Brady, the relative "scrambling" from the pocket a bit was impressive. He'll never be Aaron Rogers but no one else is either.

Btw that trick play per Colts ....

What the Fuck.

Repeated to infinity.

Do the Colts have deflated brains now??

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 2

Well the pick wasn't because of an ill chosen bad throw perse, and that is a difference whether it's Tom Brady or any other QB.

I don't see how pointing that out is making excuses. It's not as if Tom is going to go the whole season without throwing an INT regardless.

For Brady, the relative "scrambling" from the pocket a bit was impressive. He'll never be Aaron Rogers but no one else is either.

Btw that trick play per Colts ....

What the Fuck.

Repeated to infinity.

Do the Colts have deflated brains now??

That was the worse trick play ever. But it wasn't the difference in the game.

If nothing else though pagano or someone should have just called time out when they saw it was going to fail miserably.

• Love 1

That may be the most unenthused reaction by NFL announcers to an interception in recent history.  I get that the Giants are playing like crap – and haven’t even hit the fourth quarter yet – and are down by 17, but there are 20 minutes left of play time in a division rivalry game.  You’re really going to say, “Giants intercept the ball” with the same enthusiasm you’d use to announce a team had picked up three yards on first down?

Wow, 3 interceptions and you still win by 20? Lucky the team playing opposite is crappier. Man, that division is crap this year isn't it? Jerry Jones is probably pissed because the Cowboys would have creamed everyone with how well Romo was playing before his injury.

• Love 3

Hey at least they're not the Colts right?

No? Fine.

They only solace is that the Eagles are still getting crushed even with a lopsided victory. I blame Larry Donnell, really.

Edited by mojoween

Hmm. I'm not sure the state of Russell Wilson's private life can be blamed for the much vaunted Seahawks defense being schooled by Cam Newton and his misfit band of receivers and running backs.

So much bad football, this year. Players and coaches performing badly. The Ravens are so bad on defense that, if things continue, Dean Pees is going to cost John Harbaugh his job. And I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it happened. Pees' defense is that bad. I mean, it's never been any good since he's been in Baltimore, but this is just historically appalling.

No clue what that fake punt was supposed to be, or how it was ever supposed to work. It was funny, though. Anything that puts a damper on the Luck slobbering is fine by me. It's just a shame it comes at the expense of more Brady slobbering.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 1

Pagano is still saying the play call was just fine.    Which a) they had this stupid play in their playbook to begin with and 2) thought it would be a good time to trot it out against the freaking Patriots.   I'm sorry but the Colts best year after Manning was the year that Pagano was out on disability (glad he recovered from cancer, but he is not a good HC).

As for Chip Kelly, still not a genius.   He only played a worse team tonight, that's why he won.  

• Love 2

Pagano is still saying the play call was just fine.    Which a) they had this stupid play in their playbook to begin with and 2) thought it would be a good time to trot it out against the freaking Patriots.   I'm sorry but the Colts best year after Manning was the year that Pagano was out on disability (glad he recovered from cancer, but he is not a good HC).

As for Chip Kelly, still not a genius.   He only played a worse team tonight, that's why he won.  

The grumpier pundits get about Chipper the more I wan't him to succeed.

• Love 2
Hmm. I'm not sure the state of Russell Wilson's private life can be blamed for the much vaunted Seahawks defense being schooled by Cam Newton and his misfit band of receivers and running backs.

Well it was "private" until he and Ciara put it out there.  TMI.

Wait, what?

If they're not having sex then there is no way she's draining him of his mojo.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Same thing happened in tennis, Bridget Wilson was a succubus who robbed Pete Sampras of his court prowess.

Edited by caracas1914

The reverse happened with Aaron Rodgers: He started dating Olivia Munn in early 2014, and since then he hasn't lost a game at home, he's won the MVP and his team is 6-0 this year. 

And for the record, Munn said on Watch What Happens Live that they do indeed have sex.

• Love 1

Notice fans aren't clamoring to thank Munn for Rodgers' performance (on the field, that is).  Not that they should.  But it's telling that the coincidence between who a QB is dating and how his team is doing only gets turned into a causal connection, for which she should take all the blame, when they're losing.

• Love 1

Notice fans aren't clamoring to thank Munn for Rodgers' performance (on the field, that is).  Not that they should.  But it's telling that the coincidence between who a QB is dating and how his team is doing only gets turned into a causal connection, for which she should take all the blame, when they're losing.

Well, in all fairness, Drake got the blame when Serena lost in the U.S. Open.  

Seriously though, I'd like to believe that the majority of folks are just, you know, joking about making any connection between an athlete's sex life and whether they're wining or losing.  I know I was. 

• Love 1

I should have realized that after the Giants had a perfect opening drive (their opening drives never look THAT good) that it was too good to be true and it was.  The Giants still can't beat the Eagles in a meaningful game no matter how bad the Eagles are.  It's been about four years now.  The Giants completely lost that game and not the other way around.

Edited by benteen

The reverse happened with Aaron Rodgers: He started dating Olivia Munn in early 2014, and since then he hasn't lost a game at home, he's won the MVP and his team is 6-0 this year. 

And for the record, Munn said on Watch What Happens Live that they do indeed have sex.

No offense to you, but I would have to see this to believe it (/jk). Seriously, the gay rumors regarding Rodgers were getting louder and more frequent. Then voila, instant public girlfriend. (almost the same for Russell Wilson prior to his divorce) I don't care what his sexual preference is, but either way this took the pressure off so he could just concentrate on football. jmho

I should have realized that after the Giants had a perfect opening drive (there opening drives never look THAT good) that it was too good to be true and it was.  The Giants still can't beat the Eagles in a meaningful game no matter how bad the Eagles are.  It's been about four years now.  The Giants completely lost that game and not the other way around.

I don't know what is wrong with the Eagles (I know divisional rivals and all). Bradford and the offense kept repeatedly trying to give the game/lead back to Eli et al, but they just didn't want it. It was almost like a game of NFL sponsored hot potato if not for the fact that the G men didn't score for the rest of the game. The Eagles defensive unit was their saving grace. 

I don't know if Rodgers is gay or not as well, and don't care what two consenting adults do in their private time, I was just addressing the fact that there have been gay rumors following him for quite some time. Of course there are several players that are gay in professional sports that are not out, but rumors abound for quite a few. Rodgers' rumors just seem to take precedence over his athletic prowess outside of sports media that had nothing to do with him being single, but with the company he kept. Just google Aaron Rodgers gay rumors or Olivia Munn professional beard. At one point he even spent time with Taylor Swift who is infamous for professional bearding. When players aren't able to block out gossipmongers, it hampers their ability to perform well (not including inactive or injured players missing from daily practices or weekly games). jmho

It's 2015. *Everyone's* gay now. 

I was going to say something about how if player can't play well because of gossip, then maybe they need to find something else to do, but I forgot how fragile and delicate and so easily distracted they really are. I've never heard any rumors of Rodgers being gay because I don't follow any of that. I didn't even know "professional bearding" was a thing. 

There's also some irony in how actually having someone gay in the locker room turned out to be nbd after the initial, legit news story that it was, but oh noez! Rumors! I'm growing a beard. Find Taylor Swift!

Edited by ganesh

The Seahawks road unis look dingy. Took me a few minutes before I realized they are grey.

Ronde Barber had a bit part on "Bones" tonight playing...a running back. That must have KILLED Tiki.

Lol, Tiki should have thought better than to ditch his pregnant wife for a floozy. That was a bad career move.

• Love 3

2 questions before the weekend starts:

--Do you think Sunday Night Football is the best show on TV, as this article argues? (I don't think so, especially because Al Michaels is in decline.)

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/culturebox/2015/10/sunday_night_football_is_the_best_show_on_television_seriously.html

--Are you watching the Bills/Jaguars game on Yahoo at 9:30 AM on Sunday? Yahoo paid $20 million for this internet-only game from London. It's going to be on at 6:30 west coast time, which is why I'm not watching. Also, the matchup, like most London games, sucks.

Are you watching the Bills/Jaguars game on Yahoo at 9:30 AM on Sunday?

Not if you paid me.  It's internet-only, and I don't watch programming online.  It's at 6:30 in the morning, and I do well to wake up for the start of a 10:00 game.  And it's Bills/Jaguars, which needs no explanation.