Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

I hate win in they're in games for Dallas.   They usually ... don't.

Hopefully, that will be the case today. I really need a reason to smile today & not having to hear Jerry Jones & those other Cowboys fans bragging all week about winning the NFC East (as if that's an accomplishment) will be a huge step in the right direction.  Other than the Cowboys - Giants & (maybe) Steelers - Browns, the rest of those 1pm games suck & are very worthy of a 3 hour nap. It could of been something special if it wasn't for the sorry Rams messing up everything by losing to the Jets a couple of weeks ago. I'm still pissed off about that.

Speaking of those sorry Rams, I really hope that they lose today & be out of the Playoffs. They deserved that.

Edited by Magog
1 hour ago, Magog said:
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I hate win in they're in games for Dallas.   They usually ... don't.

Hopefully, that will be the case today. I really need a reason to smile today & not having to hear Jerry Jones & those other Cowboys fans bragging all week about winning the NFC East (as if that's an accomplishment) will be a huge step in the right direction.  Other than the Cowboys - Giants & (maybe) Steelers - Browns, the rest of those 1pm games suck & are very worthy of a 3 hour nap. It could of been something special if it wasn't for the sorry Rams messing up everything by losing to the Jets a couple of weeks ago. I'm still pissed off about that.

Speaking of those sorry Rams, I really hope that they lose today & be out of the Playoffs. They deserved that.

I hope that it costs AD the DPOY, but I wouldn't bet on that.  I love Aaron Donald too, but at least if he wins it over TJ Watt, it'll be a snub for the latter (albeit a respective one)

It would figure that the Cowboys will win, only to watch them sit through SNF and see their rival Eagles lose.  That might be worse than their lose and their out scenarios from 2011-2013

AFC Postseason Spots, IMO: Kansas City, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Baltimore, Cleveland, and Indianapolis

NFC Postseason Spots, IMO: Seattle, Green Bay, New Orleans, Washington, Tampa Bay, Los Angeles, and Chicago

Edited by Carey
Playoff "Bracket"

When you guys watch games, either of your own team or a random game you’re watching and you picked someone to root for, do you say things out loud like “watch out watch out watch out!” or “get him get him get him YESSSS”?  

I’ve been married for almost 25 years, and it still drives the hubs insane, because for some reason he thinks they can’t hear me.

• LOL 15
25 minutes ago, mojoween said:

When you guys watch games, either of your own team or a random game you’re watching and you picked someone to root for, do you say things out loud like “watch out watch out watch out!” or “get him get him get him YESSSS”?  

I’ve been married for almost 25 years, and it still drives the hubs insane, because for some reason he thinks they can’t hear me.

Sometimes we record and watch later.  We still help.  If you ever hear that a team won and think to yourself, “Hm, I thought they lost that game” . . . You’re welcome.

Edited by Crs97
  • LOL 4
43 minutes ago, mojoween said:

YESSSS, I do!

In breaking news, Jets may win three in a row!! So far they are ahead of New England 14-7.

By they way, Justin Jefferson just broke Randy Moss' franchise record for most receiving yards by a rookie. And he may break the NFL receiving yards rookie record today. He needs 14 more yards.

And Adrian Peterson just scored against us. Boo! Two-point try no good. Yay!

AND JEFFERSON JUST DID IT! He just caught a pass for 14-yards and broke the NFL record!

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 1

That's Giants RB (Baldwin Jr.) better be thanking his lucky stars right now that it wasn't called a fumble. Because if it was, the Giants should cut him when the game is over.

Oh well, all that it matters is this. Giants 23 - We Dem Boyz 19. HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, mojoween said:

of course they can't hear you -- they have their helmets on.

I seriously wonder about people who don't shout at the players during games.   

As for the Dallas game -- toldja so.

• Love 2

Cleveland won! They're in the playoffs now, aren't they?

Yay Giants for winning! I kind of want them to take the division.

And once the regular season is over, I'm going to draft a 2021 17th game matchup between NFC and AFC based on team record, just for fun. I have a question - someone said that if a team plays the same out of conference team twice in the same season it may mess up how tiebreakers are calculated. But aren't tiebreakers based on division records, then conference record or out of conference record? Because the number of in conference or out of conference games wouldn't change, 12/5, there would just be two out of conference teams playing each other twice.

Edited by Lamb18
27 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod

We have to root for the Iggles tonight.  And if the game had gone the other way today, we'd have had to root for the Footballers.  Because fuck Dall-ass.  Time for them to fire their GM.

• Love 5

It seems odd that potentially a team with a 6-10 record could be #4 seed in the NFC playoffs while in the AFC, the potentially worst record of a team in the playoffs would be 10-6.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

It seems odd that potentially a team with a 6-10 record could be #4 seed in the NFC playoffs while in the AFC, the potentially worst record of a team in the playoffs would be 10-6.

You say odd I say delightful.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

What if the Colts lose? Are the Fins in then?

Yes.  

It’s been a GREAT weekend to be a Cleveland fan!  We got redemption and shoved that Humble Pie right in Sweeney’s mouth, plus the Brownies have made the playoffs!

I don’t care if they lose, I’m just so excited to see them there!

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Worse.  A 10-6 team will MISS the playoffs.

Congratulations to the Browns and their fans.  I wouldn't mind if they went far in the playoffs as long as they don't go further than the Ravens, and the Ravens win the Superbowl.

So, now that there are 3 wildcard teams per conference, how long before an entire division makes the postseason?

I'll be cheering for the WFT tonight.  Hope Alex Smith plays.

I wonder if maybe I wouldn't hate the Cowboys so much if the media wasn't always falling all over themselves kissing up to a mediocre team.  A pregame show today wrote a song as a tribute to the Cowboys and how well they've been playing for a couple games.  I changed the channel.  Good thing those Cowboys had a couple of good games to celebrate with song, because obviously everyone else sucked.  So glad they lost so now those people look even dumber.  I guess that can go commiserate with Bayless.

Go Ravens!

1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

Now if for say the other NFC division winners are (for some stupid reasons) eliminated, will the NFC east division winner (Giants or WFT) get home field advantage for the rest of the playoff games?

1 minute ago, dttruman said:

Now if for say the other NFC division winners are (for some stupid reasons) eliminated, will the NFC east division winner (Giants or WFT) get home field advantage for the rest of the playoff games?

Yep.  Highest seed, and division winners are seeded higher than wildcard teams regardless of record.

1 minute ago, dttruman said:

Yes!  Isn’t it GREAT?

I’m not up on the rest of the NFC playoff scenarios but is there a way for Chicago to get in if they lose?  I would never root for them to beat Green Bay but I think it would be fun for them to get in.

6 minutes ago, dttruman said:

Considering how bad the Eastern Division has been the last couple of years, I wonder if someone will propose a change for next year in the priority for home field advantage?

Doubtful, but frankly, I think they should restructure the divisions.  Much as I dislike the Cowboys, putting them in the East division is a bit unfair, travelwise.  Likewise, Dolphins and maybe some other teams whose divisions I don't have memorized.  I also don't think both Cleveland teams should be in the same division.  And maybe some other adjustments are needed.

Edited by Johann
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Johann said:

Doubtful, but frankly, I think they should restructure the divisions.  Much as I dislike the Cowboys, putting them in the East division is a bit unfair, travelwise.  Likewise, Dolphins and maybe some other teams whose divisions I don't have memorized.

They are part of the old established Eastern Division Miami, New England, Buffalo, and NY (Jets)

16 minutes ago, dttruman said:

They are part of the old established Eastern Division Miami, New England, Buffalo, and NY (Jets)

Yeah, I know, but old and established doesn't equate to best and most efficient.  Hell, I'm old and established.  Lol.

32 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Yes!  Isn’t it GREAT?

I’m not up on the rest of the NFC playoff scenarios but is there a way for Chicago to get in if they lose?  I would never root for them to beat Green Bay but I think it would be fun for them to get in.

Arizona would have to lose. If they win and Chicago loses, AZ has the better record. If both win or lose I don't know who goes in.

2 minutes ago, Johann said:

Yeah, I know, but old and established doesn't equate to best and most efficient.  Hell, I'm old and established.  Lol.

I'll leave it to the experts to figure the realignment. The NFC east use to be one of the best divisions back in the 90's and early 2000's. Top Divisions are transitory.

22 minutes ago, dttruman said:

If old and established was really a priority, Tampa Bay would be in the NFC North with Vikings, Chicago, Green Bay and Detroit. And Dallas stays with the East.

In the AFC it seems odd that Cincinnati is in the North while Indianapolis is in the South. (?)

It's fun to remember how the divisions used to work. What I can't remember is if St. Louis Cardinals was in the NFC or AFC West. I'm thinking NFC since that's where Arizona is now. 

Now were Carolina and Jacksonville just brand new teams? Tennessee used to be Oilers. I guess Texans and Ravens are new teams, too. I mean new as in expansion as opposed to teams changing locations.

Congrats to Derrick Henry who is the 8th back in NFL history to rush for 2,000 yds. He wont beat Rodgers, but he'll get some votes for MVP.

2 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Now were Carolina and Jacksonville just brand new teams? Tennessee used to be Oilers. I guess Texans and Ravens are new teams, too. I mean new as in expansion as opposed to teams changing locations.

Carolina, Jacksonville and Houston are expansion clubs, Baltimore was the Cleveland Browns.

• Useful 1

Green Bay wins, but Chicago is in the playoffs since Arizona lost. NFC ranking of who I want to win:

1. Chicago

2. Seattle

3. NFC East

4. Tampa

5. Rams

6. New Orleans

7. Green Bay.

But I guess I don't really care. For next week I think the Seattle/Tampa will be the best game.

3 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

Congrats to Derrick Henry who is the 8th back in NFL history to rush for 2,000 yds. He wont beat Rodgers, but he'll get some votes for MVP.

Carolina, Jacksonville and Houston are expansion clubs, Baltimore was the Cleveland Browns.

That's right, I forgot. Part of the deal was that the Cleveland team name (Browns) would not move with the team to Baltimore. But isn't Cleveland an expansion team then? I don't think another team moved there.

29 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

That's right, I forgot. Part of the deal was that the Cleveland team name (Browns) would not move with the team to Baltimore. But isn't Cleveland an expansion team then? I don't think another team moved there.

Living in Maryland, I'm probably too sensitive on this issue, but Baltimore gets a lot of crap for the Cleveland organization moving here, but, like you said, they got to keep their name, colors and stats.  When the Colts snuck out one snowy night, they took all that and Baltimore was without a team for a longer time.

Although, I have to admit that I'm glad Cleveland kept their name, colors and stats.  Ravens got the better of that deal.  NOT happy whenever Indy takes credit for Unitas.

I'll kick my soapbox back under the bed now.

16 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I'm a Washington Football Team fan, but every time I see WFT, I immediately think WTF.

Me, too.

• Love 4