Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 09/08/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

What a load of crap ..if part of your job description is to serve alcohol and u refuse...get another job ..the world has gone mad!

Totally agree. I get tired hearing about all the accomodations people expect to be made for them. If you can't do the job, you shouldn't have the job. The job shouldn't be re-molded so you only do the parts you like. That's why it's called work.

• Love 13

Poor Whoopi was upset Joy/Raven were telling her she needs to wrap up. She was going to wrap up "nicely" or however she said it...yeah right. She's always awkward and abrupt about everything on this show, especially the segues.

Today was a cluster---everything from the Trump interview to the movie star interview that included Michelle wanting to be making faces at and Raven-speak. Oh and Whoopi with her feet over the chairs. No exposition about the movie--I guess they figured we all had advanced copies too?

I do appreciate Paula trying to bring up tid bits they can discuss but no ones biting. Whoopi keeps saying the election is a roller coater so why bother. Why bother? Cause its your job!

Love Joy this go-around so far. You can tell she's not here for mindless mess, it's all over her face.

• Love 5

I sincerely hope in the upcoming debate on CNN, Trump is really forced to describe his policies…at least in part.  That will f**k him up because he doesn't know what that means.  "Building a wall," "getting them out," or "making better deals," are not policies or plans.  It's just a carnival barker trying to gather a crowd.

Whoopi must go on her crazy breastfeeding rant about every 30-60 days.  Same, same, same.  She must have so much guilt about not nursing her daughter that she can't even discuss it as a common woman's issue.  Being unable to nurse a baby was not even part of the conversation…it was "how long is too long."  But she found a way to make it about her.  Sorry Whoopi, but in no uncertain terms it is the best possible nutrition on earth for an infant (not really up for debate).  If a woman is unable to do so, there are plenty of other highly nutritious options.  Relax. 

Edited by MatchaLove
  • Love 9

So when is Huckabee going to show up to support the flight attendant in her fight for religious rights?

At our local Target there is a Muslim woman who doesn't sell alcohol to customers. If I happen to be in her line she'll ask me to scan and bag my own bottle. Not a big deal. I don't have a problem doing that. I can't see why the airline couldn't accept the system this flight team came up with to accommodate everyone, just as (hopefully) Kim Davis will step aside to let another clerk serve same sex couples. As long as patrons are ultimately not refused service it should not be an issue.

Michelle needs to quit making jokes when they are doing a serious interview or discussion. It really is inapppriate and puts a halt to the flow of the conversation.

• Love 10

Trump is such a liar. His words re: Carly Fiorina

That is not talking about her "persona." He insults hispanics, women, the President, and the core of his party loves him for it. Sure says a lot about the current state of the GOP.

There was a site (I can't find it right now)  listing all the comments Trump has made over the years about women.  Taken as a whole, it's clear that he thinks of young, thin, pretty women as nice "accessories"  for men.  And he thinks of older, overweight, or lesbian women as "disgusting pigs". In trump's world, women are only valued for their appearance.  

• Love 11

There was a site (I can't find it right now)  listing all the comments Trump has made over the years about women.  Taken as a whole, it's clear that he thinks of young, thin, pretty women as nice "accessories"  for men.  And he thinks of older, overweight, or lesbian women as "disgusting pigs". In trump's world, women are only valued for their appearance.  

This is from the Rolling Stone piece.  I haven't read it yet (tonight), but this was quoted from it elsewhere.

Writer is meeting Trump at his office:

There, you are met by the first in a series of dazzling young female assistants. Trump also likes the theatrics of beauty.  Many of his close aides are women in their twenties not very long removed from college.

• Love 1

..... and Paula kept telling him how well he was doing in the polls...... for a journalist it was sad how little substance she presented.

So true, Roger, this is the second time this week that she spouted off statistics about Trump's poll numbers. When given the opportunity to question him, she wasn't much of a journalist, was she? She just gave him the opportunity to brag about himself yet again...and again...and again.

I'm wondering how long Michelle is going to last. Her interruptions are really annoying.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 5

Michelle. Has. To. Go. She's truly awful. Awful. Awful. Interrupting over talking speed talking and diverting any reasonable discussion drives me crazy

Listening to whoopie carry on this morning from another room she sounded like The cartoon voice of Donald Duck sputtering away. Plus that painfully awkward useless interview at the end? Turned it off. What a waste of airtime

Thank gawd joy is there or I'd be long gone. Not sure even joy can keep me watching if Sherri shows up

Edited by Dahlia
  • Love 3

What a load of crap ..if part of your job description is to serve alcohol and u refuse...get another job ..the world has gone mad!

I totally agree.  I left a job (that I loved) after many years because I was uncomfortable with some of what I was being asked to do.  It never crossed my mind to request that they accommodate me and make special allowances.  Anyone doing a job should be ready & willing to do all aspects of that job.  If not, then they should be replaced by someone who will actually do what's required, and they should then find a job that they can actually do.  All of it.  

Can you imagine if everyone was suddenly allowed to pick and choose what they will and will not do?  I didn't feel a bit sorry for that woman, and yes - it is very much like the Kim Davis situation, whether the flight attendant had to be sworn in or not.  She accepted a job, and found out later that an aspect of it went against her religious beliefs - So it's on her (and Kim Davis) to either suck it up and do the job or seek employment elsewhere.  There are jobs I won't take because of what I cannot do physically and there are jobs I won't take because of my beliefs.  That's a choice that I make, and it certainly seems sensible to me!

How unfair to expect co-workers to take on added responsibility!  No one is denying anyone their freedoms, but not every  job is right for everyone.  Narcissism is out of control.

And on a much more shallow note:  Raven's lipstick looked dirty.  Big  yuck.  

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 11
Can you imagine if everyone was suddenly allowed to pick and choose what they will and will not do?

At one of my former jobs, we had to do tape transcription for a particular project. The people on the tapes had potty mouths. One woman, who I considered a friend, absolutely refused to type out any profanity in the tapes she transcribed (and there was a lot of it).  She said it was against her born-again religious beliefs to do so.

So guess who had to listen to hours of tapes and type in profanity after profanity?  Really an unpleasant week. As far as I'm concerned, she should have been disciplined for that. It wasn't that the job wasn't getting done -- it had to be.  She got to hear all the bad language, but because she was too "delicate" to make her fingers actually type those words, someone else had to listen to it all over again.  It was doubling the workload, and shifted the burden to someone else. I'm still slightly bitter. Too many "special snowflakes" in the world...

• Love 11

At our local Target there is a Muslim woman who doesn't sell alcohol to customers. If I happen to be in her line she'll ask me to scan and bag my own bottle. Not a big deal. I don't have a problem doing that. I can't see why the airline couldn't accept the system this flight team came up with to accommodate everyone, just as (hopefully) Kim Davis will step aside to let another clerk serve same sex couples. As long as patrons are ultimately not refused service it should not be an issue.

If the situation at your Target keeps things running smoothly, then I think that's perfectly okay.

But I do see why the airline couldn't accept the system the flight team came up with.  For one thing, it sets a really bad precedent.   If that's allowed, then the floodgates will open for requests from other employees.  And it's also not fair to her co-workers, whether they agreed to it or not.  And future co-workers might not be so willing, nor should they have to be.  I used to work with someone who was not particularly good at one aspect of her job, so she always asked the rest of us to do it for her, and we did.  At first it was no big deal, but over time it became really annoying and kept us from getting our own work done.  Resentment can build when one person is treated differently, and rightly so because it's really not fair.  Part of her job description is to serve drinks so that's what she should do if she wants to keep that particular job.  As an employer, that's what I have every right to expect.  I don't think it's just about customers being refused service.  It's also about morale and fairness and people accepting responsibility rather than expecting to be treated like special little snowflakes.

• Love 9

At one of my former jobs, we had to do tape transcription for a particular project. The people on the tapes had potty mouths. One woman, who I considered a friend, absolutely refused to type out any profanity in the tapes she transcribed (and there was a lot of it).  She said it was against her born-again religious beliefs to do so.

So guess who had to listen to hours of tapes and type in profanity after profanity?  Really an unpleasant week. As far as I'm concerned, she should have been disciplined for that. It wasn't that the job wasn't getting done -- it had to be.  She got to hear all the bad language, but because she was too "delicate" to make her fingers actually type those words, someone else had to listen to it all over again.  It was doubling the workload, and shifted the burden to someone else. I'm still slightly bitter. Too many "special snowflakes" in the world...

Exactly the point I was trying to make!  I'm glad to see such a great example.

And apparently we were posting at the same time and used the snowflake thing at the same time!   I don't think I've ever used that before, but it certainly seems to fit this issue.

• Love 3

They were talking to Trump yet RS and MC kept making comments to the panel. Idiots.

And Raven - didn't you comment it a good thing to listen in order to learn something?

WG - lots of immigrants come here legally, Trump's wife probably did. So to imply she was an illegal immigrant is not a good thing to do. Oh, and when did he ever say his parents were Native Americans?

Thanks RS and MC - I had no idea breastfeeding would give a woman a flat stomach, and grow taller.

According to articles I have read another employee DID make a complaint about Charee although the employee did pour drinks for her. BTW, ExpressJet is a very small regional airline out of Atlanta. 9,000 employees. Their planes carry 37, 50, 65, and 76 passengers. Some flights just require 1 flight attendant.

This situation, and Kim Davis are getting out of control, imo. What if employees start to say can't do this portion of my job because I can't eat shellfish, or pork, and on and on. And how can a company require that other employees do a portion of your job?

ETA I was posting the same thing as the comments at the same time but was interrupted before sending, lol.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 5

Michelle. Has. To. Go. She's truly awful. Awful. Awful. Interrupting over talking speed talking and diverting any reasonable discussion drives me crazy

Can someone who uses Twitter please send this to The View?

It is perfect!!!

• Love 8

A muslim woman not wanting to sell alcohol doesn't sound a like a big problem, because, in most places, there's already a system in place.   you have to be 21 to sell alcohol, most stores employ people under 21.   So -  a cashier will scan all your items, then call out "21 on aisle3", and a manager or assistant will come by and scan the alcohol.  I guess the technicality is that the person SELLING the alcohol is the person who scans the item.  

Now, if she wanted to work at a liquor store, it would be an issue.   But Target, or a grocery store - they're used to it. 

As for a flight attendant -  serving drinks is such a big part of the job, it doesn't make sense to make accommodations. DO your job, or find another job that fits your belief system. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 4

The movie interview was about 30 seconds long.  What a strange cut off.

Joy didn't quite have her statistics (3% of services not people) right about PP but it was good that Whoopi and Joy didn't let Trump completely run off with his bullshit on the subject.  Trump is such a repetitive liar, I will never understand why people are fooled by him.  He says the same crap time after time, and most of it is lies.  Paula is clearly pulled into the circus of it all which is unfortunate, but so is the rest of the media.  Michelle is very inappropriate.

That's all I got.

• Love 4

So when is Huckabee going to show up to support the flight attendant in her fight for religious rights?

Michelle needs to quit making jokes when they are doing a serious interview or discussion. It really is inapppriate and puts a halt to the flow of the conversation.

From what I understand..... and of course the hosts did not know.... but the person she worked with reported her.... I read somewhere that she did not appreciate the extra work.

• Love 4

It is perfect!!!

I shared it.... had to edit it a little..... after I did I realized that I didnt ask Dahlia.... I hope you dont mind.

This is what I actually posted.

@TheView Michelle. Has. To. Go. She is awful interrupting over talking speed talking and diverting any reasonable discussion drives me crazy

And since I was there.... I posted this as well

@TheView It is a shame that a journalist like @paulafaris focuses on polls instead of substantive questions with a Presidential Candidate

• Love 8

Heads up! Tomorrow marks Sherri's return - Her twitter page has tweets (from her friends) about it!

Since she's NOT going to be part of  "Hot Topics" I have to wonder what the focus of her segments will be................

ETA: interesting her first time willl be without her good friend Whoopi.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 1

From what I understand..... and of course the hosts did not know.... but the person she worked with reported her.... I read somewhere that she did not appreciate the extra work.

From my experience, the person who expects the special accommodation, never has any of the effect of the accommodation splash on them. Someone else picks up the slack while the special snowflake does less. Someone on the panel asked something like, "why expect to have a job that requires something you won't do". And the response was "I like to travel" So, get a job you'll actually do, and pay to travel. I'll stop now since obviously this woman was bad for my blood pressure.

• Love 6

What a mess! 

Between the Apple infomercial, Paula possibly becoming a Bitsy 2.0 and Michelle lame joke about height and breastfeeding, I just might be done after three days!

I suffered through the Trump phone call, but turned it off when I realized the Apple chat was really an infomercial.  It was, right?

Will tune in again tomorrow for Joy moderating.

• Love 1

I suffered through the Trump phone call, but turned it off when I realized the Apple chat was really an infomercial.  It was, right?

I loved that some hosts missed the memo that it was an Apple commercial! lol

Edited by springtime
  • Love 1

It is perfect!!!

I shared it.... had to edit it a little..... after I did I realized that I didnt ask Dahlia.... I hope you dont mind.

This is what I actually posted.

@TheView Michelle. Has. To. Go. She is awful interrupting over talking speed talking and diverting any reasonable discussion drives me crazy

Thank you, thank you Roger. I'll look forward to The View re-tweeting it!! (ha-ha)

• Love 4

I do realize there are situations where it wouldn't work, but it's been my experience that two flight attendants work each drink cart. It would be a simple thing for when Charee (?) is asked for an alcoholic drink, the other FA could pour it while Charee is pouring the cokes for other passengers in that row. It doesn't seem like a huge accommodation. Of course if there have been complaints or if she is the only FA on the plane, that is a different matter.

On yesterday's show the conversation turned to Clinton's email mess....the problem wasn't with Hillary having 2 email addresses Joy it was the fact she was using a private server not a government one for her work emails!  They had their facts wrong.

Today why did they bring the airline employee on when there clearly was not enough time to ask her anything?  And there might have been more time if Michelle had not wasted time by trying to make jokes when conversations were going on including when they had Trump on for 2 minutes, STFU!  Her lame joke about women models to him was completely ignored and so it should have been.  

I do realize there are situations where it wouldn't work, but it's been my experience that two flight attendants work each drink cart. It would be a simple thing for when Charee (?) is asked for an alcoholic drink, the other FA could pour it while Charee is pouring the cokes for other passengers in that row. It doesn't seem like a huge accommodation. Of course if there have been complaints or if she is the only FA on the plane, that is a different matter.

That is the problem as it is a small airline and often operates with one FA according to a report on CNN but the other attendants did complain.  So if she wins this then any bartender in the US who changes religion can say whoa I can't serve liquor anymore but I can do everything else?  

• Love 3

From my experience, the person who expects the special accommodation, never has any of the effect of the accommodation splash on them. Someone else picks up the slack while the special snowflake does less. Someone on the panel asked something like, "why expect to have a job that requires something you won't do". And the response was "I like to travel" So, get a job you'll actually do, and pay to travel. I'll stop now since obviously this woman was bad for my blood pressure.

Yes!  Or get a different job with travel perks - one that doesn't require serving alcohol.  They certainly exist.

But she wants exactly what she wants on exactly her terms.  With no regard for how unfair that is or how it impacts others.  Job descriptions exist for a reason.  You don't get to check off which duties you'll perform and which you won't.  I really hated when she whined about losing her health insurance.  Welcome to the real world!   She really seemed surprised that she couldn't just call the shots because she's so special. 

Her sense of entitlement was probably not great for my blood pressure either!  I'm wondering if I can also blame her for my borderline cholesterol, but I'm guessing that would be a no.  :-(

• Love 11

I think the larger argument about accommodations is that you need to spread it out over a larger sample size.

What if you have two Muslim FAs or a Muslim FA paired with a evangelical Christian and neither of them wants to serve alcohol?  Do the passengers not get to partake of booze on the flight while paying the same as passengers who get full service with less "conscientious" FAs?

What if every County Clerk got to decide who gets a marriage license? What if a Muslim were in that job who wouldn't issue them to people who drank or ate pork? What if every County Clerk found some Biblical reason not to issue marriage licenses, whether it be because one of the applicants had been married before (Matthew 19:8-9), or one had a tattoo (Leviticus 19:28), or both were of the same gender?

Basically, people are paying for services and people are getting paid to provide those same services to everyone.  I understand that, for example, clerks under 21 can't legally sell booze at the Jewel-Osco -- (and trust me, when I am buying booze on a busy shopping day, I go out of my way to find a cashier who looks of age rather than hold up the line behind me while they go find someone who can press that button on the register).  But I've always found it helpful to extrapolate circumstances to "what if this were the rule rather than the exception?" in deciding whether something is fair or not.

Would the Muslim FA on the show today accept 60% of her salary because she's only doing 60% of her duties, while other FAs flying with her got a 40% bump in their pay because they're doing more while flying with her? Would Kim Davis accept minimum wage because she isn't doing the entire job she took an oath to uphold?

That would be an interesting question to ask both of them.

• Love 16

I know people didn't like Nicolle, but this is far, far worse.

Funny, because she, Nicolle was on Rachel Maddow's show last night and it was such a pleasant exchange. But that's the norm on Maddow's show with all her guest because she's the host. She makes anyone bearable to the point of me sitting through her interview with Rick Santorum, love Maddow, she's just so cool and brilliant IMO.

I keep checking in here to see if Whoopi is gone, and who the hell is that Michelle woman? I've never heard nor seen her anywhere but on this show.  I don't know much about Faris except her work on the very early  news program that use to come on like 3 am, then she moved to GMA I think, but....if she's there to be a ditz, she better stop it because she has better skills than that. She is a reporter and she's not bad at it based on what I've seen.

For now, Joy is all this show's got going for it and I think Raven might do better, but it's about chemistry and this show lost is chemistry years ago, jeesh. They just can't find it anymore.  

• Love 1

Anyone see Joy's face when Whoopi ended the show with, "Enjoy any View you happen upon"? LOL I guess it's starting with Whoopi, being a diva at the end of the segment with the Muslim because Joy was talking.

I wonder if Whoopi will be there tomorrow since there's only 4 days this week.

What is up with that sign-off? Is that her lame attempt to make it her own, instead of saying "Take a little time to enjoy the View"? So stupid, awkward and clunky.

Edited by Ladybugnine
  • Love 6

Going back to Tuesday and Bure's walk on outfit.  I was startled by the midriff, anyone that caught her season on DWTS will remember that she kvetched about revealing outfits so much that many of her costumes were at Bristol Palin levels of stupid and ugly.  Was anyone else surprised?

• Love 3

Interesting that a "show for women" is using Twitter to gauge thoughts/ opinions of it's at home audience.

While here on a message board for the show- the only one that has a Twitter account is Roger! lol

(With thanks to Roger for being our voice!)

• Love 7

Anytime that someone on the panel wrestles the reins from Whoopi, it's a good thing. Cut her off when she's rambling. Correct her when she's wrong. Challenge her when she asserts herself as the authority. Call her out when she says something stupid or inappropriate. Tell her it's rude to talk with food in her mouth. Joy can and will do that. I think maybe Paula too.  Michelle and Raven, not so much. 

• Love 10

First off... Im not really sure how I feel here..... People should not have to decide between their beliefs and employment.... accommodations should go both ways.... if she cant serve alcohol then she should take over another task from the other Flight Attendants

There are legal standards that are relevant here..... I went and looked it up.... isnt it a shame the Hosts werent able to do this??
Here is the website that I found
http://www.eeoc.gov/policy/docs/qanda_religion.html

A couple of relevant parts.
With respect to religion, Title VII prohibits:

~~~   treating applicants or employees differently based on their religious beliefs or practices – or lack thereof – in any aspect of employment, including recruitment, hiring, assignments, discipline, promotion, and benefits (disparate treatment);
 ~~~    subjecting employees to harassment because of their religious beliefs or practices – or lack thereof – or because of the religious practices or beliefs of people with whom they associate (e.g., relatives, friends, etc.);
 ~~~   denying a requested reasonable accommodation of an applicant’s or employee’s sincerely held religious beliefs or practices – or lack thereof – if an accommodation will not impose more than a de minimis cost or burden on business operations; 1 and,
 ~~~   retaliating against an applicant or employee who has engaged in protected activity, including participation (e.g., filing an EEO charge or testifying as a witness in someone else’s EEO matter), or opposition to religious discrimination (e.g., complaining to human resources department about alleged religious discrimination).

This question I found interesting (there is more to the answer)
9. When does an accommodation pose an “undue hardship”?

For example, courts have found undue hardship....... impairs workplace safety, or causes co-workers to carry the accommodated employee’s share of potentially hazardous or burdensome work.
I dont think serving alcohol is hazardous or burdensome

and this one
11. What if co-workers complain about an employee being granted an accommodation?

Although religious accommodations that infringe on co-workers’ ability to perform their duties or subject co-workers to a hostile work environment will generally constitute undue hardship, general disgruntlement, resentment, or jealousy of co-workers will not. Undue hardship requires more than proof that some co-workers complained; a showing of undue hardship based on co-worker interests generally requires evidence that the accommodation would actually infringe on the rights of co-workers or cause disruption of work.

Edited by RogerFromOhio
  • Love 3

Interesting that a "show for women" is using Twitter to gauge thoughts/ opinions of it's at home audience.

While here on a message board for the show- the only one that has a Twitter account is Roger! lol

(With thanks to Roger for being our voice!)

I actually have a Twitter account too.  I'm sure there are others!   But yes, I totally get what you're saying.  :-)

• Love 2

Sorry, Roger, but, People who will not, or cannot, fulfill the requirements of a job are denied employment all the time. To misrepresent your abilities or willingness to perform an integral part of your job (in this case expected customer service) is also a reason to be terminated. It is not her coworkers responsibility to provide her with free travel. I would think if the coworker resented having to serve the alcohol enough to file a complaint, it constituted a hostile work environment, and, therefore, undue hardship. It could even be argued that the coworkers are being discriminated against because their religious beliefs are being used against them because more is expected of them than the Muslim. There was no mention of Charee picking up a responsibility in exchange for the other worker picking up serving drinks (although this post is longer than the segment, so who knows), but, if Charee didn't pick anything up, more is being expected of the coworkers

• Love 7

The fact remains is Charee was not a Muslim when she hired on with ExpressJet.

She became a Muslim a year later, and it took as long for her she can't serve alcohol.

The Company did accommodate her as long as co-workers were willing to do that for her. Although one employee did for Charee she also complained.

None of this was negotiated during the hiring process. It is not an accommodation that is short-term.

With that airline's small jets sometimes there is only one flight attendant. What then? Deny the passengers their right and the airline additional profit made from alcohol sales?

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 4

Oh my God, y'all! I'm just catching up and am on yesterday's show and already I want to throw barware* at my Telly.

First, I am thrilled, THRILLED to see and hear Joy. Intelligence has been brought back to this shitshow.

Was Paula pulled aside and told to bring up Trump and use the same words "resonating" "entertaining" "resonates with everyone" as part of her contract? Or did someone bribe her? Because, for all of her nice sounding, calm voice that his not chipmunky* in sound, she needs to just STFU. That racist blowhard isn't resonating with the actual people who will be voting. At least, I hope not. The reason he is EVERYWHERE is because the fucking media keeps giving this turd air time.  If they would just ignore him, and not take his calls, I'm so sure he would disappear into the ether where he belongs. And her constant asking Senator Warren what Trump's "secret" was was beyond ridiculous. As if the Senator was a part of his campaign or a stupid pundit. Shut up, Paula. Please shut up. And Michelle can just shut up along with you.  This show is not the platform for you to use your "comedy."

Oh, Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy! It's not two separate emails; it was Clinton using a private server.

Oh and y'all were right. For all that Whoopi was saying they were back! and that she was happy to be back, blah, blah, she had the biggest stink face, during the "discussion" in the premiere.

Maybe I'll be back if I still have my sanity after I get through the rest. Maybe. Okay, probably.

• Love 7

I'm not sure if she's moderating tomorrow or not, but I hope so. I only say that because the show only has 4 days this week and that's Whoopi's contract requirement. It may not be until the next Friday before Joy moderates.

And, yes, no "Welcome to The View, y'all!" and "Enjoy any View you happen upon!" will be wonderful.

• Love 5

Since she's NOT going to be part of  "Hot Topics" I have to wonder what the focus of her segments will be................

ETA: interesting her first time willl be without her good friend Whoopi.

Silly skits? Pre-recorded out of studio segments? Appearing in bits where the show tries to sell something? Am thinking whatever it will be will not require her to do any intelligent commentary or discussing current events (unless it is reality TV related!).

whoopi asks Trump about his reaction to the Iran deal -

Whoopi:  You're upset about the deal made in Iran  - what's YOUR plan?

Trump:  the plan would have been, and I like the concept of a deal, nuclear is the worst, nothing but trouble ,  it's the worst, something should be done, look at other places, north Korea, look at Pakistan.......

Whoopi -  but what would be YOUR plan?

Trump:  My plan would have been to increase the sanctions and make a much, much better deal.    we do not have a good deal.  this is not a good deal, it's  a BAD deal , a terrible deal,  so many elements of the deal are bad, it will lead to nuclear proliferations, it's a bad deal.  

ME:  so in other words, your pan is that  this deal is bad, and if you were president, you would make a deal that was good.  

Well that's just goddam brilliant - no wonder you're leading in the polls!  

• Love 21

You photo-shopped that, right?  :) 

Unfortunately that is NOT photoshopped. That is what her present husband chose to wear.

Now, you might think that he is a good ol' boy and wearing his regular clothes. The median income in Rowan County, Kentucky is just over 13K. Kim Davis makes 80K per year. Her husband was pandering to the local folks with that "I'm just like you" outfit. Made me even sicker. I know and have friends in Kentucky who didn't have indoor plumbing and had family members who dressed in those overalls  for work. For Sunday Special, which this certainly was such an event, they don't wear overalls. The dead giveaway that he was "costumed" for the event was his straw hat.

Edited by maryis1
  • Love 7

whoopi asks Trump about his reaction to the Iran deal -

Whoopi: You're upset about the deal made in Iran - what's YOUR plan?

Trump: the plan would have been, and I like the concept of a deal, nuclear is the worst, nothing but trouble , it's the worst, something should be done, look at other places, north Korea, look at Pakistan.......

Whoopi - but what would be YOUR plan?

Trump: My plan would have been to increase the sanctions and make a much, much better deal. we do not have a good deal. this is not a good deal, it's a BAD deal , a terrible deal, so many elements of the deal are bad, it will lead to nuclear proliferations, it's a bad deal.

ME: so in other words, your pan is that this deal is bad, and if you were president, you would make a deal that was good.

Well that's just goddam brilliant - no wonder you're leading in the polls!

Exactly this. They never answer the question and hardly anyone calls them out on their bullshit. Trump really hasn't said anything except he knows how to do it. Whatever it is, he knows how. No ideas, no policies, just a blustery voice that says nothing except sound bites and insults. He's like a little kid waiting to be mean to people the second they cross him. I find the whole thing funny but not funny that 30% of republicans like him. He's a giant troll.

So glad Joy is there to try to bring some facts and intelligence to the discussion. Whoopi is grasping for power and her face says she's pissed off about her lessening role. Not sure about the born again one (Paula?) but she seems to be able to question the great and wonderful Whoopster, so it's funny for now. Raven's role and antics have shrunk a bit, hope it stays that way and Michelle is horrible. She is not funny and has derailed some good discussions with her lame jokes and delivery. Oh well, watching Whoop slowly stew is fun enough. Now hopefully the Friday shows will be better, highlighting yet again what a bad moderator and fit Whoopi is for this show.

• Love 8