Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 09/08/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

Yes! What Backformore and whydoiwatchtv said re that blowhard Trump. He never, NEVER, ever, ever answers any of the questions asked of him. Just says his plan would be better, blah, blah, blah...and still the media gives him attention and are so groupie-ish that they must have his take on EVERYTHING.

Paula needs to find a new word. For every solitary thing she says about polls, or that ass, Trump, she uses "resonates." Which, for me, no, you're wrong. Trump's "popularity" does not resonate with me. Who are all these people she speaketh of?  And no, he's not authentic, either. He's just a blowhard, who thinks he has all the answers, but never EVER TELLS you what his PLAN or SOLUTION would be. How that escapes any one with a thinking brain is beyond my comprehension. It's just like how all the Republicans say ObamaCare is a failure and needs to be repealed, yet they can't come up with an alternative plan.

And GOOD GOOGLEY-MOOGLEY! Did Raven want to look like she was dying of hypothermia? With that horrid, horrid blue lipstick or whatever painted on her mouth, I couldn't really pay attention to anything she had to say.

I don't know if it was done on purpose or not, but I loved how Joy mucked up Trump's name, calling him Dave, something else and then Donald.

And he would never come on this show in person, because he doesn't have the guts.

I will say I did enjoy how they shut his trap about Planned Parenthood.

Don't get me started on the five minutes with that flight attendant, Charee.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 14

Other than Joy, I am not a fan of the new panel on the view. I am so happy that the self-important movie stah's power has been diminished..I get a kick out of seeing Whoopie being questioned about her views and not have the final say in discussions...That is what she gets for treating Rosie like crap and running her  off a show that she clearly loved..What goes around, comes around Whoopie..It sure sucks to be you right now..She seems to be very bitter about the show and her position..She clearly is not happy with Joy's presence..Did you guys see her face when Trump was cooing over Joy's return, it reminded me of when Rosie came back last year and the crowd was chanting Rosie, Rosie, Rosie and the whoopster was not happy....Joy  can handle her with aplomb, unlike Rosie....I hope Rosie comes back, just to see Whoopie's head explode...

• Love 14

Actually Sherri has not been too bad so far.... although she did get pissed off at Raven..... not that she said anything but you could see she was pissed on her face.

They were talking about a "comedian" doing a fat shaming routine and Raven said fat people doing fat jokes is like us using the N word.... I dont think Sherri agreed.

Sherri also didnt like being the butt of those jokes... since she was a fat chick who lost weight then gained it back again..... Paula called out comedians who think they can say anything offensive with no consequences with the excuse that they are a comic.

Paula is the journalist, right? Did no one tell her Ahmadinejad is no longer pres of Iran?

I think Journalist means something different today

It really is shameful that she could not come up with an actual foreign leader.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joy's first question.... what happened to Hillary... she had these big leads and now Bernie is winning.... which actually isnt true

What happened is the campaign started.... when she was getting 80% in the polls no one was running against her.... it is still 5 months before the first election.

It is amazing how much the media beats up on her..... and with rumors instead of facts.

I guess that is what journalism is all about today

Edited by RogerFromOhio
  • Love 4

I do have to say that I agreed with Whoopi about one thing--and I think Joy also said the same to Paula, who kept insisting that because The Trump Blowhard was leading in the polls, he was TOTALLY gonna be the nominee! with how you can't really rely on polls, because it's still early days, and they constantly go up and down.  And Whoopi even threw out some examples--Palin, Bachman, and then Obama--how he was so down in the polls and guess what? He shot right up and became our President.

• Love 3

This show is just so, so bad that they really should pull the plug. Baba Wawa obviously sucks at picking a winning team. I've never watched The Talk but I think today I will tune in and have a look. It's GOT to be better than this train wreck!!

Joy is the only cast member that doesn't annoy the shit out of me but I don't know if she alone can save this mess. 

• Love 2

It's not only about who's leading in the polls.   You can get different results depending on WHO you poll, and what questions you ask.

I could do a poll of 1000 people online asking "who would be a better president, Donald trump of Donald Duck?"  and suddenly the headline is that Trump is no longer leading the polls.

Today's show -  they're saying all this stuff about Trump and it gets bleeped -  then it's "I can't believe you said that on TV!"  laughing, like crazy, then explained the joke, repeated it.  But it was all BLEEPED !

So they're all entertaining themselves with their jokes, but the TV audience is sitting there wondering WTF?

• Love 5

Ciara was just talking about her relationship... saying they are celibate... and then talks about her 15 month old baby.... that celibate issue seems to have come up a bit too late

This show is just so, so bad that they really should pull the plug. Baba Wawa obviously sucks at picking a winning team. I've never watched The Talk but I think today I will tune in and have a look. It's GOT to be better than this train wreck!!

Joy is the only cast member that doesn't annoy the shit out of me but I don't know if she alone can save this mess. 

Barbara Walters has not had her hand in the show for 2 years now

It's not only about who's leading in the polls.   You can get different results depending on WHO you poll, and what questions you ask.

I could do a poll of 1000 people online asking "who would be a better president, Donald trump of Donald Duck?"  and suddenly the headline is that Trump is no longer leading the polls.

It was back in 2008 when i came to the realization that polls meant nothing.... these polling companies know how it works.... I bet you know which side of your town to call to get results that you want.  They skew these polls so they stay relevant enough for the media to purchase their polls.

Reality doesnt matter.... all those polls that had Romney winning the Presidency..... are still selling their polls even when they were so wrong in the past

Edited by RogerFromOhio
  • Love 5

I'd put Daffy Duck instead of Donald-Duck that is, because at least I'd be able to understand Daffy, even if he has a speeth impediment.  He's just as politically incorrect! I'll just go ask Bugs for all the material if you don't believe me!

• Love 1

I didn't mind Sherri today. Isn't that a sad state of affairs? What's the deal with Raven always looking so disgusted? When they were all lined up at the end, Raven was side-eyeing Sherri like she couldn't stand being that close to her.

• Love 2

Michelle really can't read the room. This week she has ruined several serious and potentially good segments with a stupid joke. She's horrible.

That was pretty much sums it up.  She just completely pissed me off today and derailed all momentum.  

Gotta say, Whoopi's absence is fantastic.  Totally changes the vibe.  They still have a pretty lame panel (not Joy!), but I sincerely hope the ratings are good for Friday's show, so TPTB can rub them in Whoopi's face.  Is that too mean?  :) 

• Love 14

I took an online poll that looked legit about "which Presidential wannabe do you agree most with?". It was when I was comparing my results to my friends' that I realized a huge amount of them were getting the result that Marco Rubio was the candidate they had the most in common with me.  Me: "Huh, I didn't know I had so many friends who are into Rubio."

Then when I took it, my results were, "You don't agree with any of the candidates."  Since I'd just taken a Pew Research poll the day before where I came up agreeing 86% with both Bernie and Hillary, I knew that wasn't right. Didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the second poll was sponsored by Rubio's people to make anyone who had the slightest thing in common with him to have him be the respondent's "candidate of choice."  Pretty clever marketing, to be honest, to have people think he's in total lockstep with their beliefs.  

I learned that day to never believe a Presidential poll unless it's from a proven unbiased source, like Pew, and never believe a poll result that comes directly from any of the candidates.

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 3

Today's show -  they're saying all this stuff about Trump and it gets bleeped -  then it's "I can't believe you said that on TV!"  laughing, like crazy, then explained the joke, repeated it.  But it was all BLEEPED !

So they're all entertaining themselves with their jokes, but the TV audience is sitting there wondering WTF?

Exactly!

I'm not sure this "live Friday" show was any better than a "taped Friday" show. UGH

• Love 2

It's too bad Joy's days moderating will always be saddled with one of the bottom-of-the-barrel contributers. Molly, Stacey, Sherri--all but Padma are awful. She already has to deal with Michelle/Raven, why do they have to throw in another one.

Sherri may have been better than usual, but you know she's just doing her best to get back on the show. She wants that $$$. We all know how she'd be as soon as they brought her back.

• Love 2

Paula is the journalist, right? Did no one tell her Ahmadinejad is no longer pres of Iran?

I think that is the number one fear most people have about Trump---Foreign Policy/World Affairs.  More so than domestic issues.  He is such an unspeakably disturbed, name-calling bully, that the thought of him at, say, a G7 Summit is unthinkable.   If he loses his shit on another world leader it could create World Chaos.  I'm not kidding.  He is exactly the guy to do it.  If he doesn't agree with German Chancellor Angela Merkel….or if she refuses something…is he going wag his finger in her face and call her "a fat, ignorant loser?"  Hold a press conference and verbally burn Germany to the ground?  There are far more dangerous people to cross, but I picked Germany because of their female leader, and we know that Trump always reduces woman to garbage.  

Edited by MatchaLove
  • Love 7

Ugh, too much Trump again today.  Anyone else feel like they need an escape hatch?

Michelle was even rude with Melissa Rivers, all the interrupting, she sucks even when she's idolizing.

I'm not sure why Raven isn't bugging me, but she's not.  I guess I just chalk her shenanigans up to youth.

Sherri's glasses were FUG!

• Love 3

is he going wag his finger in her face and call her "a fat, ignorant loser?"

He never insults women to their face, he's a total coward, he waits until he's in a safe place and does it behind their back.  What an awesome guy.

Paula is the journalist, right?

What makes her a journalist?  Does she have a degree?  Or is it because she's from GMA, which has turned out awesome journalists like Lara Spencer and Michael Strahan.

I'm not sure why Raven isn't bugging me, but she's not.  I guess I just chalk her shenanigans up to youth.

For me it's her easy admission of having problems with her 'words'.  Thank goodness her job has nothing to do with communications or media.

• Love 5

RogerfromOhio said:

Ciara was just talking about her relationship... saying they are celibate... and then talks about her 15 month old baby.... that celibate issue seems to have come up a bit too late.

Roger, the baby is from her relationship from a rapper named Future. I always wonder why anyone would announce to the world that they are celibate in their relationship. I know that Russell Wilson is very religious, but who should care if he and Ciara are having sex or not? ( I guess if you are a religious zealot, it might.) 

• Love 4

This episode was the first time I can remember sticking with the show past the thirty minute mark since Rosie left.  I think it had a lot to do with Joy's presence ... and Whoopi's blessed, BLESSED absence.  It was nice to have actual discussions that went on for more than thirty seconds without someone taking over the conversations to speak as the final authority, especially when that someone is usually quite full of shit.  And the lack of clumsy transitions to new topics was refreshing, too.  I actually find the way Whoopi segues from one topic to another very insulting - like she has no respect for her audience and feels no need to actually do a good job as moderator.  The whole show is just a joke to her, and every time she squints and shrugs and mocks her own role on the panel, it just pisses me off. 

I knew I didn't like Whoopi Goldberg as a person anymore - I find her arrogant and ignorant - but today's show really demonstrated how much she just truly sucks at her job and has no business on that stage.  Please let these Friday shows spell her demise, Baby Jesus, please!  Let the powers that be at the network finally understand what has been (the most) wrong with this show for years.  Get rid of that woman! 

I loved it when Paula said the idea that comedians have some kind of magical pass to say nasty rotten things is misguided.  I wish Whoopi had been there to choke on that little nugget.  She has been using that nonsense to defend comedians for years.  That was the only split second I didn't celebrate Whoopi's absence during the whole hour.  I would have loved to see her reaction!  She is so dedicated to the notion that a comic can say anything they want to say just because they are a comic, it wouldn't surprise me if she finds a way to bring up what Paula said when she is back on Monday so she can explain why Paula was completely wrong.  

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 15

Shut up Michelle. Please go away Michelle

3 comedians and one 'journalist' does not an interesting discussion make. Thankfully Joy can be thoughtful and intelligent but she needs to work on controlling the cross talk.

Don't miss WG and didn't miss Sheri

Edited by Dahlia
  • Love 8

RogerfromOhio said:

Ciara was just talking about her relationship... saying they are celibate... and then talks about her 15 month old baby.... that celibate issue seems to have come up a bit too late.

Roger, the baby is from her relationship from a rapper named Future. I always wonder why anyone would announce to the world that they are celibate in their relationship. I know that Russell Wilson is very religious, but who should care if he and Ciara are having sex or not? ( I guess if you are a religious zealot, it might.) 

Yes I figured as much Kenz.... I was just snarking on the way the 2 back to back subjects related

• Love 3

He never insults women to their face, he's a total coward, he waits until he's in a safe place and does it behind their back.  What an awesome guy.

What makes her a journalist?  Does she have a degree?  Or is it because she's from GMA, which has turned out awesome journalists like Lara Spencer and Michael Strahan.

For me it's her easy admission of having problems with her 'words'.  Thank goodness her job has nothing to do with communications or media.

Good one  :)

• Love 1

I've never watched The Talk but I think today I will tune in and have a look. It's GOT to be better than this train wreck!!

The Talk isn't perfect, but the cross-talk is WAY less.  They also tend to discuss more celebrity news, but at least each co-host has a chance to voice their view while the others listen.  You might have to wait till next week to see a new show though, as I think this week is still summer repeats.

I know!  I think all that bleeping was part of the reason why I lost interest quickly and despite it being a Whoopi-less day, didn't get past the 15 minutes or so.

Gotta say, Whoopi's absence is fantastic.  Totally changes the vibe.  They still have a pretty lame panel (not Joy!), but I sincerely hope the ratings are good for Friday's show, so TPTB can rub them in Whoopi's face.  Is that too mean?  :) 

Unfortunately, Joy moderating wasn't enough to keep me interested the whole hour.  I will give it another chance next week.

• Love 1
I loved it when Paula said the idea that comedians have some kind of magical pass to say nasty rotten things is misguided.  I wish Whoopi had been there to choke on that little nugget.  She has been using that nonsense to defend comedians for years.

...and Sherri just repeats and repeats that mantra.   In the Phoenix area we've had a "freeway shooter" for almost a month...shooting at cars for a few weeks. There were never any witnesses.  The last twenty minutes of today's VIEW was interrupted by "breaking news" that two suspects are being held.  Undercover police, a SWAT team, and a helicopter were involved.  A female was driving and there was a male passenger...but only one is being questioned.

• Love 2

Yes I figured as much Kenz.... I was just snarking on the way the 2 back to back subjects related

I knew you were, Roger. It was a funny transition, wasn't it?  You and Russell are practicing celibacy, right? And how is your little 15 month old baby born out of wedlock with that rapper guy?

( I'm not judging, just observing!)

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 2

Fortunately I received a phone call and missed the last half of today's lukewarm topics because I had already had my fill. I could care less for Sherri trying out her latest "comedy act." 28 year old man that asked her out.... Raven - flight attendants are not called "servers." WTF?

Michelle - would you please explain how Arnold Schwarzenegger is responsible for the Cali drought?

Evidently MC used to appear on Joy's HLN show. I liked her show except for her choice in comics.

As far as celibates (born-again virgins, as I call them) why do we hear from women that already have a child. Like when SS and her ex were dating. Or Bristol Palin? Bristol even toured the country talking encouraging it and now guess what - she is pregnant again and single. I don't care if people are or not, or if women choose to have a child when not married. I just dislike the hypocrisy.

Poor Paula - she seemed shell-shocked today - I don't think today's show was something she signed up for.

If Fri's become Joy's Comedy Corner I'm out. And the 49 times Sherri will be back.

• Love 4

...and Sherri just repeats and repeats that mantra.   In the Phoenix area we've had a "freeway shooter" for almost a month...shooting at cars for a few weeks. There were never any witnesses.  The last twenty minutes of today's VIEW was interrupted by "breaking news" that two suspects are being held.  Undercover police, a SWAT team, and a helicopter were involved.  A female was driving and there was a male passenger...but only one is being questioned.

Thank God Former Nun!!!  I hope the two held are the only ones involved.  I can't imagine what it would be like to have to travel a highway where you might get shot at.  Horrible!!

• Love 2

Paula Faris is not a journalist.  She is a broadcaster.  There is a big difference.   According to her bio, she has a degree in broadcasting with an emphasis on television production.   Her resume is full of sports and news anchor jobs; which means she can read the news, not write it.   But, unlike Whoopi she knows how to sit on TV with her legs closed - Whoopi's imaginary straddle of the table seems to have gotten even wider if that's possible. 

Being able to read a teleprompter and knowing how to sit on TV sounds easy enough but Whoopi hasn't been able to master either of those things in eight years. 

Catching up here (and loving everyone's snark)  it sounds like the show is alot of the same ol crap, but I tuned in briefly today to see the new set and of course avoid Whoopi.  The new graphic cracks me up - someone upthread noted it resembles a drain, and I can totally see that! I thought the "hot" topics were lame as were the guests. 

All this week (as well as last weekend) talk shows were advertising their Big Gets for their season opening week but not one word from The Spew.  My guide didn't even list the names of any guests which is just as well because it turns out was pretty unimpressive.  Melissa Rivers?   Really? 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 9
and Michelle is horrible. She is not funny and has derailed some good discussions with her lame jokes and delivery.

Michelle really can't read the room. This week she has ruined several serious and potentially good segments with a stupid joke. She's horrible.

I wish I'd seen her on some other job or appearance.  Surely TPTB had a reason for hiring her.  I do feel sorry that she looks so big sitting at the table.  If they give Joy a higher chair...or maybe a pillow to sit on, the size difference wouldn't be so obvious.  Still...I want Sherri to be gone permanently and Michelle gone as a co-host at the table.  Maybe she would be good at interviewing off-site.  She has been coming off as desperate to get in a "funny" word or two.

• Love 5

So good news in Phoenix on two fronts today: the arrests and spared from this show. 

• Love 5

If Fri's become Joy's Comedy Corner I'm out. And the 49 times Sherri will be back.

Joy's "humor" used to really bug me - I found her not funny at all, and she was always interrupting to make a lame joke and derailing the conversations.  But she seems a tad more subdued now. Is she actually pulling back, or is Michelle simply more obnoxious and overshadowing Joy with her own un-funny, badly timed jokes?

While we are on the subject, why are they both even on the show?  They are so similar.  What was the timeline of Michelle being added to the cast and Joy's return being announced?  Because I am wondering if maybe Michelle was added before TPTB realized they could get Joy back, and they are now kind of stuck with Michelle.  At least for a while.  I wouldn't be surprised if Michelle is gone next season.  There is just no need for her. 

Melissa Rivers?   Really? 

And they didn't even ask her any really good questions.  I wanted to hear what she thinks of Kelly Osbourne.  Would she rather have a go at her with a hot poker or a spiked ball on a chain?  Inquiring minds want to know! 

• Love 7
Bristol even toured the country talking encouraging it and now guess what - she is pregnant again and single.

That just might be a miracle.  Stay tuned.

Wasn't all the bleeping about Chris Christie and the male version of a camel toe (moose knuckles)?

Bring the smelling salts, Felicia...I'm feelin' faint.

• Love 3

Oh.  My.  God!!   Forty-nine MORE times?   Isn't there a way they could film 49 of her "jokes" or include some of her fascinating Tweets...pay her for them and fit in 20 seconds here and there--bore us with them until her contract is fulfilled?  She wouldn't even have to wake up a 28-year-old to roll out of bed and slap on bad wigs.

• Love 5

Because I am wondering if maybe Michelle was added before TPTB realized they could get Joy back, and they are now kind of stuck with Michelle.  At least for a while.  I wouldn't be surprised if Michelle is gone next season.  There is just no need for her.

Interesting and could explain a lot!

Joy first turned them down to come back, said they wouldn't give her enough control. Then shortly after, she was back. I think you're right about Michelle.

• Love 7

Raven can just STFU. So basically, all women are prostitutes going back to the "day of Jane Austen" when women were sold in marriage. Such a simplistic, yet uninformed opinion. Arranged marriages were done for purely political alliances and the pedigree of the family/bloodlines. And yes, women who get alimony are also prostitutes. I swear, I wanted to snatch Raven bald. I don't think it would have been that difficult, considering she just could.not.stop.running.her.fingers.through.that.wig.

And I didn't care that we got all those bleeps, considering it was Michelle who started it, and since I don't find her funny or amusing, I count myself lucky I was spared her "humor."

But it was so refreshing! No cross-talk. Or barely.

Oh SHUT UP, Paula! They were having a good conversation about Hillary until she cut in and said "Let's talk about Donald Trump" because he's SO VERY IMPORTANT.  And thank Goodness for Mark Lamont Hill! He SAID It: Trump The Blowhard knows NOTHING!!!! All he does is say his plan will work, he knows how to get the job done, but he, in fact, knows Nothing! Okay, I'm now hearing that Col. from Hogan's Heroes with his I know notheeeeeeeeeng!"

Ahem.

But Hill was right. All this is about how Hillary isn't authentic, or funny, etc. is because she's a woman, and he provided examples. Gore. Loved how he and Joy told Navarro how Gore did win, and Joy saying she's still not over it.

And Paula just proved today why Trump is everywhere in the media. Because people like her keep bringing him up! If everyone would just ignore him, he would go away. But no. We, meaning me, really, must suffer while they provide the means for him to spout his racism, sexism, and uninformed "facts."

At least I was spared Paula saying "resonate." 

That's something, I guess.

ETA: Please tell me those glasses Sherri was wearing was a joke. They're not really her glasses, are they?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 9

I don't think Raven was that far off and I don't think she meant "professional" prostitution.  She meant that women and/or their families start relationships based on money or what the man can provide.  In Jane Austen's day (and before and after), it was more than political alliances and/or bloodlines.  It was wealth and property--and that may have been foremost.  I think Raven will come along if she can follow her mother's advice and listen.  There are many benefits of being a child star; education is rarely one of them.

• Love 4

At least I was spared Paula saying "resonate." 

That's something, I guess.

ETA: Please tell me those glasses Sherri was wearing was a joke. They're not really her glasses, are they?

Stop lie-telling….I know Sherri's chic Mrs. Potato Head glasses resonated with you.  

• Love 8