Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: Status Asthmaticus

I don't really know how I feel about the ending.

I knew Hayden wouldn't really be dead. Like...it was too easy. But of course Theo can't get Scott's pack, so he opts to just take the dead chimera pack instead. I'm assuming just temporary until Theo finds a way to steal Scott's power?

Ok, they REALLY need to figure out what a True Alpha is, because him coming back to life? Dumb. Wicked cool but dumb. 

Of course Theo poisoned Scott's inhaler. Why did I not see that coming?

Poor Stiles and poor Sheriff. I hope they're both alright.

A Braeden appearance! Alright! Lydia's gone mad, Malia wants to kill her mother, and....Parrish is a Hellhound? Well....I mean, it's not the weirdest creature they've had. But I guess they surprised us with not going the phoenix route. Not sure if I like it yet, though.

And thus, the next half season involves....the Dread Doctors still, staring at a painting of them fighting....something; Theo still with a new pack to destroy the other pack (I THINK he still wants Scott's pack?); the mentions of the Desert Wolf become real and now she'll fight Malia; and....Scott trying to regain his pack. Well then.

Let me be the first to say... what?   Teen Wolf has a habit of nonsensical and quite stupid season finales, but this one takes the cake.  Nonsensical, stupid, and a cliff-hanger.  Ugh.

What the fuck was that ending?  All the formerly dead and burned chimerae are alive again and Theo's zombie army.  Is that part of the Doctors' plan or has he gone rogue?  Also, what was the thing behind the wall that the Doctor's uncovered? I thought they were going to break the wall down and a supernatural creature would come out, their "success!".  I don't see how all their experimentation was leading them to a mural.

I literally yelled "Braeden!  Finally, someone competent is here."  Too bad she's part of the B plot and not here to help our alleged heroes pull their head out of their asses.

• Love 1

For a moment there, I was convinced they were going to kill Scott, Stiles or Sheriff. And then I would've been so angry and sad, but probably still unable to quit this stupid freaking show.

I did not call the Hellhound thing. And didn't figure out the inhaler thing until Theo threw it to Scott at the vet. I do enjoy that this show can still get me with things like that, even if it does make me question my long, proud history of predicting things on television. 

• Love 1

You know, I totally expected Scott to die for real and THAT would be the cliffhanger. Hey, cliche, but I would have loved to see that and have Theo actually have some of his power and some of his pack, rather than zombie chimera and Hayden/Liam star crossed lovers bullshit. 

Now, I'm just going to write my own temporary ending and what the next half season could be like. 

So Scott is really a useless dumbass. Good to know. Theo's plan was dumb too or he really doesn't know how friends work. But I did call him being a chimera. That's why his eyes don't change.

I figured Hayden wasn't dead but I still don't care about her or her romance with Liam. Don't care about the dread doctors either. They are really not that much of a threat. Especially now that all the teens they killed are alive.

Did Malia hire Braeden to find her mother? How else would she know what Malia had planned. Of course it also would've been nice if they mentioned she was in contact with her cousin Derek.

Hellhound did not see that one coming.

Edited by Sakura12

Ugh! Really? I'm so disappointed it wasn't a long game con on Theo. I love the idea of breaking up the pack, but I feel like everything that happened this season was so out of character for all characters involved.

I really hated the lack of adults. Love Melissa, but I miss the rest of the adults who were involved with the Supernatural. As soon as Braeden appeared, I was expecting Derek at the school or rescuing Stiles (which I think I would have loved more). I feel like there's a gaping hole where the adults involved with the Supernatural used to be on this show.

Meh. I feel like this show has been on decline since Void Stiles. Theo might be the villain that we love to hate, but I was way more invested in Stiles slowly going insane.

• Love 1

Hellhound. Huh.

I like Theo as a villain, but the stupid contortions and machinations this show had to go to in order to make his plan successful are ludicrous. I'm beyond pissed that the completely self defense non murder that broke up Scott and Stiles has been undone. The fight as it played was bullshit and to have Donovan walking around negates the essential truth of the boys perspective. Scott's too trusting and expects everyone to hold to his standard plus he lets all manner of malevolent murderers wander about. Stiles is more suspicious; he doesn't have the supernatural abilities to fall back on so he's always going to look toward more permanent solutions to potential threats.

Meh. I feel like this show has been on decline since Void Stiles. Theo might be the villain that we love to hate, but I was way more invested in Stiles slowly going insane.

Ever since the Void Stiles saga had no apparent consequences to any of the characters it's broken my sense of disbelief about the supernatural shenanigans these characters endure and I'm just like "REALLY ?" .

So Theo is in charge of a bunch of resurrected murderers ?  I don't know if I want to watch this episode. It sounds ludicrous and like Scott is letting people get away with murder just because he doesn't want to deal with it.

• Love 1

Didn't Malia live as a full time coyote up until a year ago? Why would she need Theo's help to learn how to transform back?

When Scott Alpha roared her back to human, she lost the ability to shift back to her coyote form and that was the main reason she agreed to join Scott's pack. He was supposed to help her learn how to go back to it.  

Because of course asking the born werewolf who's mother and sister could shift into a wolf was completely ridiculous.

• Love 1

I thought Season 5.A started out pretty strong but ended up in a mess. 

Theo`s "plan" drives me nuts. I get that he wants to have a shiny pack comprised of various supernatural creatures, he just wants their darkest selves. Problem is, I never ever understood how he thought he was going to "get" them. A friendship pack works on friendship. And if all those people fell prey to evilness, it would most likely stop working altogether.

I think the show further muddled this by having Melissa say Scott was their "leader". Which means you can take over leadership position and get all the underlings in the process. No, they are not Scott`s underlings and quite frankly, I don`t think he is their leader. This pack worked because he was their friend and a nice enough guy to inspire them and hold them together. He more filled the "heart of the group" position for me than leader. I know, this probably was supposed to be Stiles but Stiles was the strategist.

And this whole leadership metaphor which was supposed to be Scott`s storyline here just failed for me. If anyone remembers the old Star Trek Enterprise where Kirk got split in Good!Kirk and Evil!Kirk and the episode made a point to say he needed BOTH sides to be an effective leader? Well, this show basically says you only need the goody-two-shoes-half and you`re good to go as a leader. To which I say: bullshit.  

The reveal about Parrish? Okay, I can roll with that.

So, the Dread Doctors get their own supernatural nemesis in 5.B? In that case why don`t the former pack and their not-leader just sit back and relax?     

• Love 1

Scott's the true Alpha so technically he's the leader of his cub Liam and maybe Malia. For everyone else he's their friend that happens to be an Alpha werewolf. (a completely useless one, but one nonetheless)

I did like how leader Scott was feeling sorry for himself and getting pep talks from his mother, while his "pack" was off fighting or trying to survive the attack from Theo and chimeras. 

I hope Malia runs off with Braeden and they pick up Derek to go hunt the Desert Wolf. I'd watch that show. 

• Love 1
Theo`s "plan" drives me nuts

Yep, I am fine with Theo's character but the writing for his plan was idiotic.  He wants Scott's pack to follow him and they can all be evil together?  How the hell did he actually think that was ever going to work out?  The character is supposed to be smart so I don't see how he is stupid enough to think Lydia or Stiles are really going to follow him.

• Love 2

Once again, a Teen Wolf season falls apart on motivation for the nemesis. What was the Alpha Pack doing by going to both Derek and Scott with mixed recruit/kill messages—what did they actually want from each them? Meredith was so inspired by crazy Peter that she set up a complex and convoluted Dead Pool scheme to kill all supernaturals? Really? Theo wants a pack of sociopaths and discovers right off they are actually puppies and kittens. But he goes after them anyway to break them apart, because they are magically going to turn sociopathic permanently and then come back together following him? 100% delusional.

Meanwhile, where is the "success" and exactly when is the Wild Hunt going to take place?

• Love 2

From the recap:

Malia: Give this to Theo: he did manage to methodically distance Malia...from Stiles. I mean, it's something, I guess. Theo's reveal that he's a part-wolf, part-coyote chimera is supposed to explain why Malia was so drawn to him, as if that rockin' gym bod weren't enough of an explanation.

I know Theo exposited the bolded part when he was naked in front of Malia, but it's a serious case of tell-don't-show.  He was with her, purely by happenstance, when she had her flashback that showed the Desert Wolf shooting her car up.  That's the only emotional interaction they've had and it was accidental.  Every other scene they had together, he was flirting with her heavily (mainly by removing his shirt), and she was having none of it.  I never saw her being drawn to him; at best she was indifferent.

Theo had little to do with the separation between Malia and Stiles.  They did it to themselves by not talking about their Issues with DW and Donovan.

I had that same thought when Theo said the coyote part is why Malia trusted him first. I was like what? She did not trust him, she told him that when he tried and failed to seduce her with his abs.  I actually liked that part. Malia stretched the bars out making him strain his muscles. She knew there was something off about him, that's what her coyote instincts told her.

• Love 1

Teen Wolf needs more episodes.  I liked 5A but just like Season 4, things aren't quite clear as to what the motivation of the villain was or how exactly they accomplished them.  And this could all be remedied by putting five more episodes in that would expand the story, like when did Malia make the decision to kill the Desert Wolf and when did she contact Braeden?  How and why did Meredith activate the dead pool?  How did Theo know that the green liquid was going to resurrect the chimeras?  

I really don't get why MTV doesn't give Teen Wolf more episodes.

• Love 1

Melissa's frantic reaction to Scott dying, got to me. She and Posey play mother and son really well.

Cody is doing so much for me. When Theo started spouting off to the pack about his plan, I was loving it. When he hit Lydia I gasped. And he's the reason she's in Eichen house. I thought his story would be wrapped up so I'm happy it's continuing. I'm also glad Corey, Tracy and Hayden are back as part of his zombie pack. My belief that they'll end up in Scott's pack has also been resurrected.

Looks like Stiles and Scott's break-up is going to be drawn out. I hope so. I want a lot of angst between those two.

When Stiles said to Malia that killing Donovan matters to him, that was interesting. He wasn't after acceptance. I don't think Stiles' moral compass is that far away from Scott's, or the Sheriff's. I've just realised the Sheriff and Scott have a bit in common. In the early seasons the Sheriff was shown as a good hearted but awkward cop. Compared to the gunslinger Argent who rode in to save the day when the mountain lion came into the school parking lot. Might be why Stiles has a lot of affection for Scott and is so supportive. Can see bits of his dad there.

I knew Parrish wouldn't be a phoenix, that was too obvious. A hellhound is more interesting anyway.

Edited by greenbean

I still hate Theo: and not in the vilian way, it the stop taking up screen time. I seriously hated how they did his character. The should have at least tried to fool the audience, in the way that "tried" to show the characters being fooled. I still don't get why anyone trusted him ever. I am also annoyed that the Scott and Stiles fight was supposed to be real :(. Seriously the worst scene in the whole show, mainly because of the writing making no sense.

I am sick of the stupid doctor story and wish it was over with. I'm also confused on why Theo needed them to break apart when he already had his army/ pack formed. What do the doctors get out of it anyway? And lastly why are they still looking for the perfect experiment when they already have Theo? Unless they hate him as much as I do.

There were some things I did like:

Scott and Melissa's scenes toward the end. Especially when she thought he was dead, I almost cried honestly.  Mason coming in and stopping Liam from killing Scott (though I'm still not sure how Liam got in the library?).  And the Malia scene with Stiles where she admitted that she figured it out and was okay with it. Parish just walking out of the jail. Though I'm still confused on what he is.

Overall, on par with season 4, which is not a good thing. There were very few good episodes and I doubt I'll ever watch them again. Will I watch it when it comes back, probably but mainly in hopes that it'll get better.

Edited by blueray
  • Love 2

Scott and Melissa's scenes toward the end. Especially when she thought he was dead, I almost cried honestly.  Mason coming in and stopping Liam from killing Scott (though I'm still not sure how Liam got in the library?). 

I was so glad Mason got to be part of the action. I kinda suspected he'd be the one to help Scott. He's been super supportive and encouraging, and I guess Theo didn't factor in his random involvement.

Scott did ask Liam if Theo let him into the library.

• Love 1

And lastly why are they still looking for the perfect experiment when they already have Theo? Unless they hate him as much as I do.

Ahaha! Actually, even a bigger blow to his ego, I think they find him mostly "irrelevant." But in answer to your question, the perfect experiment, to them, was the subject that turned into the big monster reported loping down the highway before it smashed in a section of the high school. It's the monster prophesied in the fresco showing La Bête (The Beast) fighting a hellhound. (Parrish had better keep his fighting skills sharp.)

I was so glad Mason got to be part of the action. I kinda suspected he'd be the one to help Scott. He's been super supportive and encouraging, and I guess Theo didn't factor in his random involvement.

Mason, Melissa, and Mason&Melissa were awesome.

So now I've recovered from my broad "the fuck was that" reaction to what was laughably the "mid-season finale", I'll just say the revelation that Scott was not running a long con but just randomly totally trusted this guy that came out of nowhere right around the time he knew the Doctors were trying to take his Alpha powers is terrible writing. And this from the people who gave us "Derek was dying but then he didn't because he was actually evolving and now he's a full-transformation wolf".

It also means that stupid fight between Scott and Stiles that made no sense was real. Wow this show officially sucks. I'm not sure I can endure an entire extra season of this.

One note - a "hellhound" presupposes the existence of hell, which has randomly positioned this show within a Catholic mythology rather than the Druidic one it's always drawn on and that pisses me off far more than I should. Hell only exists in a monotheistic universe as a post-hoc rationalism for the existence of evil in a world created by a single omniscient and omnipotent being. Even Catholic scholars don't think the existence of hell makes much sense. Now apparently it's real. I guess maybe the writers don't think these things through but boy that made me angry.

• Love 2

One note - a "hellhound" presupposes the existence of hell, which has randomly positioned this show within a Catholic mythology rather than the Druidic one it's always drawn on and that pisses me off far more than I should. Hell only exists in a monotheistic universe as a post-hoc rationalism for the existence of evil in a world created by a single omniscient and omnipotent being. Even Catholic scholars don't think the existence of hell makes much sense. Now apparently it's real. I guess maybe the writers don't think these things through but boy that made me angry.

Lydia was reading something about the Wild Hunt from Nordic / Germanic mythology, and Parrish's species being a black dog.  She said it was "also known as a hellhound" [cue musical sting and stupid hashtag to let us know that was important].  Honestly, when she said "black dog" I thought of The Grim from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

An interview with Jeff Davis

Let’s talk about the Wild Hunt. “We always start a season talking about different mythologies and this was one of those more fascinating ones, the story of the ghost riders and the idea that the Hellhound, or the black dog, is part of it all the way back to Woden’s Hunt,” Davis said. “So it felt like a good way to start the season off and a potential mythology that we’d plant the seeds for that could pay off in later episodes. And we always knew that we wanted to tie Parrish’s story back to that first big storm and give a first clue as to what he is.”

Why the Hellhound? “We had a couple different ideas [for Parrish] at first, but we ended up on this because we knew that we wanted Parrish’s role to be morally on the fence,” he said. “You don’t know whether he’s a good guy or a bad guy but that he serves a function, that he is definitely there for a reason, that he was drawn to Beacon Hills for a purpose, and the purpose of a Hellhound is they’re a guardian of a supernatural place and that’s what he is. And we’re going to find out just what that role entails in season 5B and how dangerous it’s going to become for the rest of the characters.”

Sounds it doesn't have anything to do with Christian hell, and more of a pre-Christian creature that got re-labeled later.

Sounds it doesn't have anything to do with Christian hell, and more of a pre-Christian creature that got re-labeled later.

So I guess it's kind of like the bizarre berserkers from last season, with which I had a similar gripe. i.e. what are berserkers doing in an Aztec temple? I suppose it's not a surprise I put more thought into this thing than they do.

I feel like everything that happened this season was so out of character for all characters involved.

The "conversation" between Stiles and Malia stank almost as much as Stiles and Scott.  They were acting like they barely knew each other, especially Stiles.  When Malia said "I knew but I didn't mention it because it didn't matter", REAL Stiles would have said "I appreciate that but it matters to me." 

I hope Malia runs off with Braeden and they pick up Derek to go hunt the Desert Wolf. I'd watch that show. 

Add Lydia and I'm in.

The word "Hell" and the concept of an afterlife that punishes people for their sins both predate Christian mythology and are in no way tied to monotheistic religions or post-hoc rationalisations of evil. That's (sorta) how Hell works in Christianity, but (as in so many other things) Christians didn't invent the concepts, just glommed onto them. And "large black dog that acts as a guardian between the worlds of the dead and of the living" goes back to Cerberus, if not further. (And, it should be noted, the afterlife that Cerberus was guarding wasn't "Hell" in the Christian sense, but a more all-purpose 'underworld where pretty much all souls go') The afterlife has existed in Teen Wolf since season 2 when Peter's ghost was wandering around getting him resurrected, and Lydia's power seems (at times) to involve communicating with the dead. However good or bad the Parrish-Hellhound reveal is, it in no way limits, defines or clarifies the Teen Wolf mythology or universe any further than any other revelation would have. (NB: This doesn't mean that the writers did put any thought into any of that, just that this has not "randomly positioned the show within a Catholic mythology")

For what it's worth, I like the hellhound reveal. I wasn't expecting it, it makes sense given that he's been effectively ferrying the supernatural dead to a supernatural location and keeping the two worlds separate, and the fact that the Black Dog is a recurring bringer of death in a lot of folklores (in the same "see one and you die" sense as the banshee) ties him and Lydia together nicely. Their relationship still skeeves me out to some extent (the extent to which she is still in high school, specifically) but it's actually a nicely positioned reveal in a way that, for example, 'phoenix' wouldn't have been.

The rest of the finale though...oy. The thing is, I think Theo's plan actually makes sense (inasmuch as anything in Teen Wolf ever makes sense) up to the point where he's needlessly Eeevil about it. He had Liam ready and willing to kill Scott, and totally unaware he was being manipulated. He had Scott weakened and actively poisoning himself every few minutes. He had Stiles manipulated out of the way (implausibly, but still), Kira gone, Malia distracted fighting a chimera. He may have needed to kidnap Lydia (given the wildcard nature of her powers), but there are ways to do that that don't involve looking her in the eye, saying "I'm super-evil, FYI! Lol!", and punching her in the face. If he had just let things play out it might have worked like he wanted. Let Liam kill Scott, be the person a broken and traumatised pack rally around, figure out another way to take Liam's alpha status and slowly turn the pack to evil. And, if it hadn't worked, he'd still be inside the pack, able to try again. Instead...well, instead this mess happened.

In spite of myself, I'm moderately intrigued by the various plot threads set up for 5B, but when I think about it rationally, I know they're going to be shambolic. A pack faceoff could be interesting, but in practice will just mean lots of poorly shot fight sequences between near-identical pretty-boys (I mean, the fact that no one even seems quite certain which of the interchangeable male chimeras were resurrected speaks volumes). The Bete could be cool, but given the lack of any Argents left on the show it's inevitably going to fall flat. The Dread Doctors potentially having an actual motivation for creating their perfect chimera (set it fighting against something?) could be good, but the fact that they have a secret mural behind a wall in their secret water-treatment-plant laboratory does not bode well. 

• Love 2

Peter Hale, you crazy over the top drama queen and ham extraordinaire, please come back. This half season was sooo boring. What is the point of the Dread Doctors again ??? Or the Hell-hound - which OK, I kinda liked that reveal. The Wild Hunt ??? This show is getting totally lost in it's own mythology. Also, Scott - go back to being dead. Please. Weakest alpha EVER.

I'm looking forward to Lydia in the loony bin, and hopefully some Peter sightings there, Malia and her mommy reunion should be fun, and I'm not sure what they are doing with Stiles but I like Dylan and I hope his dad lives, because the Sheriff is the man. Everything else, blahhh.

Edited by tanita

What disappoints me the most about Teen Wolf is that it has so much potential. The idea of having Theo within the pack to break it apart is cool. The execution was poor in the extreme because none of it rang true. There was no development between “who is this guy again?” and “you’re my best buddy and confidant”. Even Stiles confided in a guy he neither liked nor trusted. A rift between Scott and Stiles (long awaited by fandom) could have added real drama and pathos, but the way it was done was just so out of character for both of them and based on such contrived miscommunication that my reaction didn’t go past “wtf?”. Even Scott as true alpha is great in theory, if we were told what that actually means, how, why, anything would do. Other people just randomly calling him a great leader (Melissa, generic semi-nude dude number whatever aka Brett) doesn’t convince if he’s never shown any such qualities. I wish the writers would stop thinking so much about what looks cool and think more about the characters they create and then leave shamefully underutilized. A show that wants us to suspend our disbelief of a huge array of supernatural creatures needs believable, consistent characters to anchor it. Romance alone does not a good story maketh. Unless you’re writing a romance. It’s sad to watch this show that could be so much more. Just because it’s a show for teenagers doesn’t mean you have to write like a teenager. In fact I have read stories written by teenagers, who have taken these characters and given them better character development and better storylines than the writers of the mess that was this mid-season finale.

• Love 2

A pack faceoff could be interesting, but in practice will just mean lots of poorly shot fight sequences between near-identical pretty-boys

Tyler (??? -- the first female chimera) and Hayden look a lot alike too (but I wouldn't be complaining if they were semi-nude, too!).

The big fights all happen in the dark, so you wouldn't be able to tell who anybody is anyway. 

And yes, Malia, Braeden and Derek will need Lydia on the hunt for the Desert Wolf road trip. She can find the bodies that DW leaves behind. 

Edited by Sakura12

The big fights all happen in the dark, so you wouldn't be able to tell who anybody is anyway.

And yes, Malia, Braeden and Derek will need Lydia on the hunt for the Desert Wolf road trip. She can find the bodies that DW leaves behind.

This sounds like a much better show.
  • Love 1

Even Scott as true alpha is great in theory, if we were told what that actually means, how, why, anything would do. Other people just randomly calling him a great leader (Melissa, generic semi-nude dude number whatever aka Brett) doesn’t convince if he’s never shown any such qualities.

Scott works for me as the guy who when Derek says they are standing on his, Derek`s fortune, goes all "OMG, there is another vault???" When Derek just meant he owns the bulding and possibly other real estate. Or when Stiles snarkily asked him if Derek ever answered a text or voicemail, Scott earnestly goes "once, definitely once".

A nice guy who will do what he can to protect his friends and his hometown, who tires to see the best in people even though a whole lot of naivety is involved. But while I never liked the True Alpha mumbo jumbo, I always liked that it never seemed to go to Scott`s head. He didn`t act that different from when he was a beta. He never seemed to think much about being a "leader" or craving it.

Yet suddenly, he angsts all over the place about failing at leadership while getting butter-up speeches from his Mom. The hell? What he has been failing at is friendship and trusting in his friends. Leadership never entered into it because I don`t think he ever competed in the field nor did he ever qualify for it.  

Hellhound? Did not see that coming at all.

Baby Beta's tragic love story held little to no interest for me-unfortunately I just don't find the childhood duck and dodge victim conveniently turned into the hot girl with damsel in distress syndrome entertaining. Maybe it's because we didn't really get to see them fall in love like Allison and Scott did?

Stiles and Malia= pretty much done. I took their car conversation, "It never mattered to me-but it mattered to me" as a classy way of saying, "We're just too different." 

I actually really enjoyed the Stiles v. Theo scene. It was interesting to see Stiles so protective of Scott despite the "break up" and his eventual decision to save his Dad.

Oh I thought Scott was going easy on Liam and that's why he was so easily beaten-but maybe I'm wrong? Haha

Mason continues to be the MVP- love him.

• Love 1

Stiles and Malia= pretty much done. I took their car conversation, "It never mattered to me-but it mattered to me" as a classy way of saying, "We're just too different.".

It looks like Stiles and Malia are as done as Scott and Kira.  The difference between them is PLOT!!!-deep.  It's not like they haven't encountered the emotions expressed (times 1000, often) before.  But they can't talk about it, because PLOT!!! beckons!

A nice guy who will do what he can to protect his friends and his hometown, who tires to see the best in people even though a whole lot of naivety is involved. But while I never liked the True Alpha mumbo jumbo, I always liked that it never seemed to go to Scott`s head. He didn`t act that different from when he was a beta. He never seemed to think much about being a "leader" or craving it.

Did he ever really react to being a True Alpha in any way ? He neither got a big head over it, or asked ANYTHING about it or worried about the responsibility or danger his new status would have on his life or friends.

Apparently he's afraid of succumbing to Peter's half wolf half man Alpha state but that was only sort of referenced in his dreams.

As for Stiles and Malia, their relationship started in the basement of an insane asylum and they've had little interaction since. I don't think they've ever gone on a date. At least Scott and Kira went on a pizza date with her folks.

Teen Wolf used to have fun now it just seems like one pointless fist fight after another with no meaning.

Edited by wayne67
  • Love 1

Best thing about this half-season being over:  no more obnoxious Miley Cyrus commercials for the MTV Music Awards.  Seeing her contorted face and Gene-Simmons-esque tongue in the lower right corner during a dramatic scene was really distracting.

• Love 10

As for Stiles and Malia, their relationship started in the basement of an insane asylum and they've had little interaction since. I don't think they've ever gone on a date. At least Scott and Kira went on a pizza date with her folks.

I seem to recall one night when Malia needed to be chained, and Stiles stayed with her.  That deepened the relationship more (for me at least) than a date might.

• Love 1