Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Reunion (Part I)

• Start Topic

I thought Carol said she didn't care for kids on her very fist appearance when they were introduced at the party where Ramona and Heather got in to it. I have no doubt I'll be corrected if wrong, but be nice...

I think that Carole was annoyed by all the kid talk, and bored by it.  As someone who doesn't have kids, I remember identifying with her on that.  I can't tell you how many times I've gotten together with co-workers and the kid talk starts and never ends.  Poop color has never been something I've wanted to analyze over lunch.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 8

I wonder what LuAnn's niece thinks of all this attention to the Adam/Carole relationship. Does she ever want to say, Hey, Auntie LuAnn, please STFU about Adam, you're embarrassing me and I've been over it for a long time now! . Guess we will never know. 

• Love 10

On the kid thing, I think that Carole likes kids. She was really good with her friend's son; not awkward-like with him, which comes across when someone doesn't care for children. There was also that very sweet moment when Ella wanted one of the balloons at the baby shower and went up to ask Carole for one. Carole said yes, and gave her the tightest hug. She also spoke adoringly to Ramona about how she likes lying in bed with Heather and having Ella snuggle up to her. 

When did Carole meet Adam? Last October? There is a pic of Nicole and Adam if you google Nicole Nadeau:

Nicole Nadeau and Adam Kenworthy at the FRANKxDKNY After Party on September, 07 2014

I believe filming started the week before Halloween.

And I didn't expect Carole to entertain those angles either however if she stopped giving a shit and decided she wasn't gonna entertain it anymore then that's where it should have stayed and honestly I get how sloppy Lu was but what really rubbed me the wrong way was when Carole would counter Lu's claims by speaking so definitely about the prior relationship between him and Lu's niece. Carole needed to call Lu out on the digs she kept throwing out fair enough but that didn't mean she had to keep challenging Lu's inside knowledge of Adam and her niece's relationship. And continue to speak on what happened like she was some sort of authority on the matter. I thought that was ridiculously disrespectful no matter who the ex was. I hate when new "girlfriends" take such liberties when referring to their new boy..toy..errrrr...friends prior relationships. I get that the matter kept coming up but Carole was way too "know it all" and dismissive for my taste when discussing another woman's relationship regardless if the relationship is over.

I personally feel that Carole had every right to challenge the age quips and the help blah blah blah. What I didn't like was that in order to keep arguing with Lu over it she had the nerve to do that dumb bitch shit where a woman takes a mans word as law and then tries to pass off what can very well be half truths as some sort of fact. Plus she's also trying to tell a woman something about her very own niece by using information from a person who has no real motivation to tell her 100% of the story. I found that part insulting as well. Hey be pissed about the shit I'm saying about age thing but I'll be damned if you going to try and convince me something is fact about MY OWN niece where I've seen shit with  my own eyes but because the dude that's fucking you told you some version of the truth u think you are equipped and informed enough to enlighten ME about what the fuck happened in MY niece's relationship. Every time would use the 3 tid bit pieces of information about the end of that relationship it felt so much like "the lady doth protest much" It's like she was trying sooooo hard to make it known that there a this really long period between the end of their technical relationship and her hooking up with him.

I'm chalking it up to LuAnn playing fast and loose again. In the clip from when Carole first told LuAnn (a whole week after Carole's first date with Adam), LuAnn agreed that Nicole and Adam had been broken up for a while. When the topic came up again after the girls' night out at the boxing ring, LuAnn tried to fudge that by saying the break up was recent (relative to that girls' night). Someone was like, "How recent? Three months?" and LuAnn did that thing where you duck and shrug and make a face to make it seem like even the guess of three months is giving it too much time. 

To me LuAnn is not trustworthy. That her story keeps changing makes me not give her a lick of leeway, and it is why I can understand Carole's urge to be very definitive about when she started dating Adam. Because if LuAnn is given an inch, there's no telling how many miles she'd take, perhaps changing up the story to make it sound like Adam was cheating on Nicole with Carole.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 9

To use a woman's childlessness, her choice or not, as some kind of strike against her womanhood is simply vile.  Luanne can go suck an entire bag of dicks

Only I don't see that as punishment for LuAnn. On the contrary, I think she'd enjoy that very much. :)

• Love 10

Damn all this over a greasy, unkempt chef who specializes in struggle salads. The only winner here is said greasy chef. Before the public didn't even know he was alive. Wouldn't be surprised if he got a book deal via Carole's connection, perhaps a cooking spot on some ABC talk show if Carole still has her old friends there or maybe even a slot on Top Chef.

I can just see it now; The Bravo Struggle Salad "Cook"book coming to a store near you.  I see them doing the morning talk show circuit as a team -Carol attempting the comic relief by sharing how she had no idea you could make your own tapenade, she thought it only came prepared in jars...

Can someone please tell me what the phrase "struggle salad" means or what a "struggle salad" is?   This is a new one to me and even Google wasn't any help.  

• Love 6

I'm going to be upfront and admit that I like Carole.  I also don't dislike LuAnn but the Countess is another story.  She's a pompous snob and a hypocrite.  In one of her THs she said "I'm a grown woman.  I can do what I want."   Well Countess.......Carole is a grown woman too.  She's entitled to do as she pleases as well and right now being with Adam (a grown man) pleases her.

I don't believe that the Countess is as upset by Carole and Adam's relationship as she wants us to believe.  Other than part of an episode when she showed her new fashion line, she didn't have a single story line going for her until her "Be cool; don't be all uncool" moment in T&C.   When Heather asked her if she would be upset if she found a strange naked man sleeping in the adjoining room, she said "Not really."    When trying to convince us that Heather and Carole broke the "girl code" by entering her bedroom unannounced, she said "I could have been swinging from the chandelier with a man on my back."   After making those comments are we really supposed to believe that she's concerned about what Noel might think of her escapades?   I think NOT.

• Love 9

I think that Carole was annoyed by all the kid talk, and bored by it.  As someone who doesn't have kids, I remember identifying with her on that.  I can't tell you how many times I've gotten together with co-workers and the kid talk starts and never ends.  Poop color has never been something I've wanted to analyze over lunch.

Idk, that's not my take.  I thought Carole was trying to point out you don't have to have children to empathize, understand & relate to child-related probs -- and that's really about it.  As far as Carole liking kids?  She's shown several times on the show she can be great with kids.  I only remember specifically with Heather's kids, but I'm sure there were other instances.  

As far as being bored with kid talk -- don't most us of get that way?   I figured most would care about their own kids first, maybe sympathize with others' kid probs or be amused a bit by others' funny kid stories.  Beyond that, ugh, keep it to yourself, thanks.  Anyhoo, I don't care what Lu says.  Watch that scene (of Lu saying Carole has no kids & then laughing) a billion times, & you'll still come away with the same impression.  She meant it as a dig.  A really, really nasty dig.  Glad to hear she's getting shit for it on Twitter.  She deserves it.  Very mean woman.  

• Love 12

My take on Bethanny calling Jason 8-9 times in a row to talk to Bri.  Didn't Carole say it was court mandated? To me that means that Bethany gets to talk to her daughter a couple times a day.  In an effort to make Bethany look bad to the courts and more importantly, her daughter, I think that Jason, is purposely not answering the phone and Bethany knows he has to answer the phone so she just keeps calling and calling and calling.  I'd do the same thing.  

I don't think it had anything to do with her being stalker like and continually calling him.  

I have to chime in on the whole Bethenny/Bryn phone call thing.  Before deciding whether the calls were not being answered out of spite or not, I'd like to know what was happening on the other end at the times those calls were taking place.  There's another side to the story you know.  For all we know Bethenny could have been calling during bath time, while they were watching a movie, having dinner, etc.  I know in our household growing up, there were absolutely no phone calls during dinner, period, end of discussion.  And now that I'm a mother, the same applies and we've extended that to family movie watching as well.  

I'm just very hesitant to join the Bethenny bandwagon that seems to want to paint Jason as this manipulative, back-stabbing monster who only wants to spite Bethenny, even if it is at the detriment of his own daughter.  Everything I've seen and read has painted a very different picture.  But then YMMV.

• Love 13

But girl this was my point earlier.  If Adam had been lying to Carole and there was something she'd heard from him that refuted Luanne's understanding, that would've been the sword in Lu's hand as she led the charge for Nicole.  If you mean Carole straight up didn't have any business having Nicole's name in her mouth, on principle, I'm right there with you but I must disagree with the assertion that she was not entitled to defend her right to be in a relationship with this man or that she was trying to make Nicole look bad in doing so.  Carole insisted that the information Adam had represented to her was true and the fact that neither Nicole or Luanne rebuke it, kinda makes it hold up for me.   I don't even really care about Adam like that lol, I just noticed that greasy topknot thing when ya'll started talking about it, but I will say that as far as his involvement goes, I don't think he lied.  I think Luanne was uncomfortable with the way things went down and where we disagree is in whose ultimate responsibility that was.    Truce?  :D 

No dragon resuscitating from me today, I promise.  I've already said this guy's name way too many times in the last week.

I didn't say she couldn't defend it my point was trying to use shit she couldn't possibly know for sure was fact. I didn't appreciate the lame way she was defending her relationship by countering, in my opinion, Lu's more plausible (and quite possibly witnessed) timeline of events with the semantics of the official relationship being over for some time and what could possibly be half truths from Adam. I get that Lu could have been embellishing as well but Carole wasn't an authority on what went on with Adam and Lu's niece, especially no more of one than Lu and yet she took it upon herself to speak as though she was. I found that uber disrespectful and I also think that was a part of what Lu found distasteful about Carole's role in it all. It was the arrogance that bugged, as if she absolutely knew what the hell she was talking about all the while making claims about someone else's relationship based on what very minimal information. I mean what was all the back and forth about anyway? "I'm sorry you feel that way Lu my position is that it was my understanding that the relationship was long over you are bringing up other details I had no control over so I can't help that. I'm hoping we can move forward though" Not the whole "No they weren't, no they didn't, that's not correct, oh please, whatever" bullshit she kept falling back on when Lu would mention the niece connection. Have at it all day long with regards to the age thing, slut thing (which I still think is stupid but whatever) but speaking on something you can't be sure with such disregard had me completely disgusted.

It's also that I've always felt that Carole has this very dismissive and condescending thing about her since the minute she joined the cast so her going after Lu all the time about stupid shit just bugs. I mean Carole isn't one to talk about shady, grimey or being condescending. She's got that shit on her resume too so I think that also annoys the crap outta me when Carole plays this victim crap when all it boils down to which you and me know and it's "Girl you know better"... :-D

She just needs to own her dirt, especially since she's all hell bent on Lu owning hers and shit she's been on Lu since she's joined the cast and yet she can't even admit that the situation was sketchy to start and ooopssss yeah, I get that it ruffled feathers? 

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 1

She meant it as a dig.  A really, really nasty dig.  Glad to hear she's getting shit for it on Twitter.  She deserves it.  Very mean woman.  

There are some HW's fans that don't like Bethenny.  Others don't like Carole, etc., etc.  That's fine.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  It's not often that we see the overwhelming majority of HW's fans agree on anything.  However, not only is LuAnn getting shit for it on Twitter, the fans are having the same reaction on the Bravo RHONY Facebook page.

LuAnn lost her apple last season and she doesn't want it to happen again so she has to up her drama quotient at the reunion.  Unfortunately for LuAnn, she did it poorly and now she's paying the price.  Carole has been getting tremendous support from the fans on Twitter and LuAnn has been very quiet about it.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5

When did Carole meet Adam? Last October? There is a pic of Nicole and Adam if you google Nicole Nadeau:

Nicole Nadeau and Adam Kenworthy at the FRANKxDKNY After Party on September, 07 2014

I think it is pretty safe to say Adam and Nicole's idea of when they were no longer an item might vary quite a bit.  Carole has already said it doesn't matter - she wants what she wants.

• Love 4

On the kid thing, I think that Carole likes kids. She was really good with her friend's son; not awkward-like with him, which comes across when someone doesn't care for children. There was also that very sweet moment when Ella wanted one of the balloons at the baby shower and went up to ask Carole for one. Carole said yes, and gave her the tightest hug. She also spoke adoringly to Ramona about how she likes lying in bed with Heather and having Ella snuggle up to her. 

I believe filming started the week before Halloween.

I'm chalking it up to LuAnn playing fast and loose again. In the clip from when Carole first told LuAnn (a whole week after Carole's first date with Adam), LuAnn agreed that Nicole and Adam had been broken up for a while. When the topic came up again after the girls' night out at the boxing ring, LuAnn tried to fudge that by saying the break up was recent (relative to that girls' night). Someone was like, "How recent? Three months?" and LuAnn did that thing where you duck and shrug and make a face to make it seem like even the guess of three months is giving it too much time. 

To me LuAnn is not trustworthy. That her story keeps changing makes me not give her a lick of leeway, and it is why I can understand Carole's urge to be very definitive about when she started dating Adam. Because if LuAnn is given an inch, there's no telling how many miles she'd take, perhaps changing up the story to make it sound like Adam was cheating on Nicole with Carole.

Seems to be relevant reasons why the story keeps changing because at first she's not about to share that her niece is still fucking her ex. Then when expressing her awkwardness tries to blame it on how recent the break up is and again not expressing that ahem adam is still fucking her niece and then finally she comes right out with it since Carole doesn't want to bother reading between the lines. I mean I get it if Carole is still gonna go for it for me the issue became very problematic when people kept wanting reasons from Lu for why it bothered her. I mean shit it bothers her. That's her niece WTF? I think Lu was stupid in not keeping it simple which is "Look I'm never going to be okay with it he was dating my niece and he's a close family friend, it's awkward and uncomfortable" She doesn't have to justify it beyond that and I wish she didn't bother. That would have been enough to stamp her disapproval on it and keep it moving. No one needs her approval and she isn't required to give it but it became a battle of wills nonetheless.

• Love 1

I think it is pretty safe to say Adam and Nicole's idea of when they were no longer an item might vary quite a bit.  Carole has already said it doesn't matter - she wants what she wants.

.........and apparently Adam does too.

I never like to see anyone's feelings hurt over a breakup but more times than not, that is what happens.  A few people have posted that Nicole has a new boyfriend.  I hope that's true and she's moved on.

LuAnn may have had Adam at her Hampton house as a chef for the weekend because she knew him (she said they were friends) and got him to do it for the exposure (and zero dollars).   Then again, maybe it was all scripted by the Bravo production team to get Carole and Adam together and allow LuAnn to work herself into such a frenzy that she had to fan herself with a cue card she grabbed from Andy.  If any of that is true, they're all laughing at us because we fell for it. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 7

You know considering how smug and condescending Carole conducted a lot of her interviews on the subject I would have been completely pissed off too. That's the other thing i'm confused about when this whole Lu didn't have a problem with Carole until.... time line crap. Once the season started and I saw how Carole was talking to other people about it and the comments she was cracking in her interview about it. Throwing out oh well shrugs over the connections and the niece. Seriously? That's not enough to piss someone off? Someone is that cold when talking about something involving my son or niece or nephews emotions? You better believe i'd be fired up. Lu has her problems and issues and yada yada yada but Carole needed her ass beat with all her eye rolls and giggles and couldn't care less "I'm too cool for school" attitude. It's like she made sure this thing about Adams romantic history and how worried about it she WASN'T  would be front and center with regards to her whole hip, young, I'm hot persona she was pushing this season. It just seem like she was a little extra with it and she didn't really need to be. The situation needed the opposite of how she was treating it and it showed. I think that's partially what Lu was reacting to as well. Carole knew what she was doing when she was filming her interviews and talking about it with the other ladies. She was putting on a bit of a show at her nieces expence and I don't think that was called for at all.

• Love 9

Perhaps this is a different Lu - someone who isn't open suddenly about being irritated by people - but when did she seem upset with Heather in T&C after she made the ethics comment? Not long after that was when she said she wasn't being the Heather she knew. She said the Heather she knew was cool. She didn't seem mad at Heather about that comment, she seemed irritated that she was making such a huge deal out of everything. I might just not remember it, but outside of Carole saying she had been home from London for 7 days and Lu hadn't called her, I can't recall them saying they hadn't heard from Lu. As the matter of fact, Carole seemed very surprised to have not heard from her after London, which made me assume they must have been talking prior to that. It was also interesting when Carole told both Dorinda and Beth that she had heard Lu was talking smack about her. I wonder who would have shared that with Carole? My assumption was Heather, but I could be wrong.

The entire cast can't be Bethenny bellowing out every time she is upset.  Right after the scene was shot in the morning they left-we didn't see much more of them in T&C.    Clearly, there were unresolved issues between Heather and Luann or she would not have brought them up.  There were unresolved issues after the bedazzling party.  Carole continued to ask about Luann and downplay Luann being offended.  I believe they were all still mad after the FUCK dinner and then the next morning was the naked man. So I don't understand where anyone gets the idea that all was copacetic between Luann and Heather and Carole.  Even Carole said to Bethenny they were still mad at Ramona.

Carole said at the Reunion she had remarked to Dorinda while they were in London, she has not heard from Luann.  So I don't think there was any communication between the time they left the island and the bedazzling party and then none after the bedazzling party. 

I don't think Luann had much to do with either Heather or Carole after T&C, the bedazzling party.  We will never know most likely because these women especially BETHENNY keep talking over each other.  These are simple questions being asked of these women and they don't need to moved along or have someone answer it for them.

• Love 1

I think that Carole was annoyed by all the kid talk, and bored by it. As someone who doesn't have kids, I remember identifying with her on that. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten together with co-workers and the kid talk starts and never ends. Poop color has never been something I've wanted to analyze over lunch.

Well as someone who has two, I can totally agree with you! I love them more than anything, but give me adult conversation.

• Love 7

Can someone please tell me what the phrase "struggle salad" means or what a "struggle salad" is?   This is a new one to me and even Google wasn't any help.  

In my family we call "struggle salad" steak..............

• Love 3

.........and apparently Adam does too.

I never like to see anyone's feelings hurt over a breakup but more times than not, that is what happens.  A few people have posted that Nicole has a new boyfriend.  I hope that's true and she's moved on.

LuAnn may have had Adam at her Hampton house as a chef for the weekend because she knew him (she said they were friends) and got him to do it for the exposure (and zero dollars).   Then again, maybe it was all scripted by the Bravo production team to get Carole and Adam together and allow LuAnn to work herself into such a frenzy that she had to fan herself with a cue card she grabbed from Andy.  If any of that is true, they're all laughing at us because we fell for it. 

Honestly, Lu's anger is confusing to me.  The more she tries to explain it, the less sense it makes.  I'm with Carole when she says she was single & Adam was single too.  If Nicole actually has a problem with Carol & Adam having a relationship, she needs help & Lu's anger is def not helping.  And if Nicole has moved on, then Lu's anger has nothing to do with her.  So is Lu angry they met in her kitchen?  Why?  So the fuck what?  No, her anger isn't scripted or fake.  It's real.  But where is it coming from & why?  Is it one of those hormonal menopausal inexplicable things that happen?  Idk, maybe.  Or maybe it could just be Lu sees Carole has a steady lay with a guy much younger, who Lu finds attractive, & she's seething with jealousy cuz she'd luv to be in this situation -- but isn't.  

Would Lu have ever hooked up with Adam?  Hey, to me, she sounds like such a sex addict, I wouldn't put anything past her in this regard.  I mean, the way she's going on & on & on about Nicole's great love for Adam. you would think these 2 have been together 800 years.  Eh, not buying it, Lu.  I'm getting the impression she's way overstating the relationship between Nicole & Adam.  Now, is it possible producers have manipulated Lu & egged her on to fight with Carole, seeing that she's especially vulnerable, going thru menopausal mood swings & hot flashes?  That would be pretty vile, eh?  But er, that's what Satan Andy & his minions are famous for doing, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's what's going on.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 13

Honestly, Lu's anger is confusing to me.  The more she tries to explain it, the less sense it makes.  I'm with Carole when she says she was single & Adam was single too.  

I have to admit I enjoyed watching the Countess tripping over herself trying to explain it.  There was a rumor that Lu actually gets up and "lunges" at Carole, so we should probably get ready for at least one more act in this "dramedy."   LOL

• Love 10

I have to chime in on the whole Bethenny/Bryn phone call thing.  Before deciding whether the calls were not being answered out of spite or not, I'd like to know what was happening on the other end at the times those calls were taking place.  There's another side to the story you know.  For all we know Bethenny could have been calling during bath time, while they were watching a movie, having dinner, etc.  I know in our household growing up, there were absolutely no phone calls during dinner, period, end of discussion.  And now that I'm a mother, the same applies and we've extended that to family movie watching as well.  

I'm just very hesitant to join the Bethenny bandwagon that seems to want to paint Jason as this manipulative, back-stabbing monster who only wants to spite Bethenny, even if it is at the detriment of his own daughter.  Everything I've seen and read has painted a very different picture.  But then YMMV.

That story was really vague.  While I'm not a Bethenny fan, I certainly don't hate her.  I just don't trust her.  I think she's EXTREMELY cunning & manipulative.  Everything Bethenny does on the show & at the reunion is planned & calculated.  I did feel a bit sorry for her when first hearing Carole say that story.  And then I realized this was just manipulative stuff coming from Bethenny.  I suspect she's learned well from her palsy-walsy Satan Andy how to manipulate viewer reaction & elicit sympathy.

The story can be seen in a few ways & I pass no judgement on it -- either in Bethenny's favor or against Jason.  I don't know enough about what was going there to do so.  Why the fuck was she calling him 8 or 9 times?  Was it an emergency?  Was it over several days/weeks/hours?  Was he ignoring her or was he actually busy & maybe it wasn't necessary for her to harass him by calling so much?  I don't know what the fuck was going on there & I would prefer she just stay away from this manipulative crapola.  The only thing I took away from this is that Carole is now Bethenny's puppet.  Buh-bye Heather, hello new puppeteer.  Guess that means we'll be seeing Carole next season?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4

Idk, that's not my take.  I thought Carole was trying to point out you don't have to have children to empathize, understand & relate to child-related probs -- and that's really about it.  As far as Carole liking kids?  She's shown several times on the show she can be great with kids.  I only remember specifically with Heather's kids, but I'm sure there were other instances.  

As far as being bored with kid talk -- don't most us of get that way?   I figured most would care about their own kids first, maybe sympathize with others' kid probs or be amused a bit by others' funny kid stories.  Beyond that, ugh, keep it to yourself, thanks.  Anyhoo, I don't care what Lu says.  Watch that scene (of Lu saying Carole has no kids & then laughing) a billion times, & you'll still come away with the same impression.  She meant it as a dig.  A really, really nasty dig.  Glad to hear she's getting shit for it on Twitter.  She deserves it.  Very mean woman.  

We are in agreement, except I think you misunderstood my reference for Carole being bored by kid talk - that was way in the beginning when she was fist introduced to the show.  There was some event where she walked away from the women talking about their kids.  I was replying to a poster who had mentioned Carole maybe not liking kids, and I was clarifying that it's the kid talk she wasn't fond of.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 3

She's not childless by choice, she's childless by circumstance.  We know this because when she and Doris were in London she was lamenting on whom she would've been had Anthony lived.  Specifically, perhaps one of those moms annoying people on the sidewalk trying to push a double stroller.   I was highly offended by what Lu said.   I have a baby.  Motherhood is a gift for sure, but as a mom, especially as a mom, I think the kind of person who views it as some sort of special talent to be lorded over childless women is the purest type of asshole there is.   It's true these chicks say nasty shit to each other all the time, the distinction for me is it's usually about their behavior or words, things they can actually help.  To use a woman's childlessness, her choice or not, as some kind of strike against her womanhood is simply vile.  Luanne can go suck an entire bag of dicks, I'm not here for her attempt to reframe what she said, it's not going to restore her anyway.

Thank you!  I don't have children, and I guess some would say it's by choice.  It's not, it's due to circumstance.  Heather, Kristen, Bethenny, Ramona, Dorinda, Lu, and Sonja - all mothers.  All mothers whose children were born within marriages.  Carole has made several statements over the years that imply she wanted children in her own marriage, and clearly that did not and could not happen.

I'm all for families of every stripe, but some women simply don't choose to have children when they are unmarried.  I've known women who deliberately get pregnant from ONS and/or casual relationships.  I've known women who get pregnant from a sperm bank.  That's all well and good for them.  Some women don't choose to have a child by a man they have no commitment with, or by a donor who will never be known as a father to the child.  These are all relatively modern concepts.  It's not something I'm interested in, and perhaps Carole feels the same.  That doesn't mean a nasty crack about me not having children doesn't hurt.  And make no mistake, Lu meant it to hurt.  If it was an innocent comment, she would have apologized.  Instead, she doubled down on the comment.

And the opinion that Carole didn't seem hurt is purely subjective.  I think it clearly hurt.  Carole isn't melodramatic like Ramona and Sonja, and doesn't have the loud personality of Bethenny or Heather.  And speaking from experience, when a person I have conflict with deliberately goes for the throat verbally, it's something I try very hard to mask.   Why give this person the power to destroy you?  I saw Carole's hurt very clearly, and I actually couldn't stand her at the time.

Edited by RedheadZombie
  • Love 19

Thanks judylo...great sleuthing...here's the photo.

thumb_BFA_10060_1212552.jpg

The photo is from this online article:

http://allaboutthetea.com/2015/05/07/carole-radziwill-and-countess-luanns-nieceadam-connection-blown-wide-open/

Edited by talula
  • Love 2

Carole apparently doesn't care if she hurts Luann's children because when asked not to speak publicly and disparagingly about Luann, Carole's response was to say LuAnn should not bang random guys on vacation.    Does she feel better getting that sentiment out to the de Lesseps kids?  That is on Carole and whoever else feels the need to respond that way.  Carole is heartless and a huge phony.

This thought process offends me a little.  Since I don't have kids, it's open season to attack me?  I'm less than because I don't have two kids (who are adults by the way) like Lu, who can be harmed by my actions?  Something tells me that Lu's kids know exactly who and what their parents are.  Something Carole says should hardly phase them.

But let's assume this is valid.  Wouldn't it be even more important not to disparage a parent, depending on how young their children are?  Well that leaves Kristen, Heather, and Bethenny with the youngest children.  I haven't noticed the housewives (or viewers) taking it easy on these women so Jax, Cash, Kingsley, Ella, and Brynn don't suffer.   As Dorinda drunkenly spoke in tongues while spewing food out of her mouth about how horrible Heather was, where were her thoughts of the vulnerable children ?  Surely they're just as "pure" as own bushy eyebrowed daughter.  Hannah is an adult, yet Dorinda lost her shit when Hannah's name was mentioned.

As I said, I just don't care for this line of thinking.  No one cared about Gia, Gabriella, Milania, or Audrianna, when they were taking on Teresa.  People were simply speaking the truth.  Well, Carole is speaking the truth.  If two twenty-something adults can't handle hearing their mother likes casual sex, then they shouldn't watch the show.  But if they do watch the show, Luann herself talks of her needs for frequent sex. Luann chooses to hook up during filming.  She should pull the plank out of her own eye, to more clearly see the speck that's in Carole's.

ETA:  Where was Lu's concern for the children when she was cackling with glee at the thought that Sonja doesn't leave her home, because she thinks it will foreclosed before she gets back? 

Edited by RedheadZombie
  • Love 15

But does that picture say He's My Boyfriend! or He's someone that was my boyfriend and I can still be in close proximity with him and not loose it or He used to be my boyfriend but we moved on and occasionally boink and now boink others. I don't see the picture as conclusive that they were still together in a relationship. They might have still been, but the picture isn't proof. It's just proof that they were in the same place and had their picture taken together.

I have no idea what I was trying to point out, pro or con in this post. Hahaha

The article shows Carole posing with Nicole for PR photos from a solo show of Nicole Nadeau entitled, "Portraits of Origin," held on February 7, 2012 and a photo of Carole and Nicole together posing for a A.C.E. Committee Soirée held on April 10, 2014. I thought Carole said, at the reunion that she "never" met Nicole...I know Carole was just joking, lol.

I have a son 20-years younger than me so I'm not enthusiastically supporting this May/December romance. But to Carole, a 50-year old I would think if anyone tries to interfere with her 20-year younger lover, she'll cut the bitch with a knife. Lol, she'd even sit on his handlebars to stay close to him...no walking or taxi for this toots!

Didn't Carole/Adam say she and he had a fight because he left in the morning without waking her up to let her know he was leaving. A little possessive/needy for a women that's old enough to be his mom...I know she was "just kidding".

I have no idea what went on between Adam and former girlfriend Nicole...only they do...not Carole or LuAnn. Shame on the mature ladies fighting like pirates over and for these two young former lovers. I noticed Nicole's involvement on his online business/charities. She seemed caught up with Adam's personal and business life. The break up must have been difficult on both of them...though Carole will be working on a cookbook with Adam. He's blessed to have had two women in his life to help him professionally.

Edited by talula
  • Love 7

Wowza, Nicole is a beautiful gal.  Oy, now just move on already, Lu & Nicole, would ya?  Pretty please.  Cuz I'm bored as fuck by all of this.  So looking forward to seeing Lu lunge at whoever she's gonna lunge at.  Can't wait.  Bring it, show.  These gals look way too put together.  Someone needs to get messed up.  I'd prefer Moaner first, but messing up anyone there (including Satan Andy) will entertain me just fine & dandy.

• Love 10

Honestly, Lu's anger is confusing to me.  The more she tries to explain it, the less sense it makes.  I'm with Carole when she says she was single & Adam was single too.  If Nicole actually has a problem with Carol & Adam having a relationship, she needs help & Lu's anger is def not helping.  And if Nicole has moved on, then Lu's anger has nothing to do with her.  So is Lu angry they met in her kitchen?  Why?  So the fuck what?  No, her anger isn't scripted or fake.  It's real.  But where is it coming from & why?  Is it one of those hormonal menopausal inexplicable things that happen?  Idk, maybe.  Or maybe it could just be Lu sees Carole has a steady lay with a guy much younger, who Lu finds attractive, & she's seething with jealousy cuz she'd luv to be in this situation -- but isn't.  

Would Lu have ever hooked up with Adam?  Hey, to me, she sounds like such a sex addict, I wouldn't put anything past her in this regard.  I mean, the way she's going on & on & on about Nicole's great love for Adam. you would think these 2 have been together 800 years.  Eh, not buying it, Lu.  I'm getting the impression she's way overstating the relationship between Nicole & Adam.  Now, is it possible producers have manipulated Lu & egged her on to fight with Carole, seeing that she's especially vulnerable, going thru menopausal mood swings & hot flashes?  That would be pretty vile, eh?  But er, that's what Satan Andy & his minions are famous for doing, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's what's going on.

That is not what happened.  Originally Carole was coy and talked to others about the relationship before she told Luann.  By then the niece weighed in with Luann, who had previously gone out with Carole and Luann and talked about Adam.  So when Carole got around to telling Luann-maybe something she should have done before telling Kristen and Heather on camera, Luann had heard it from the niece.  When Carole told her, Luann expressed it was probably not good with her niece and put her in an uncomfortable place.  Since that time Carole and Adam have decided that their relationship is okay by Nicole-something Nicole apparently has not relayed to Luann. Carole has also said she doesn't care about Luann's or her niece's feelings.

Luann comment about him being the help is well correct.  If it were Luann's personal assistant that any of the single women started f&cking ('cause Carole likes to say that about Luann) it changes the dynamic with in the group.  Obviously Luann met Adam through her niece and was trying to further his career by giving him exposure.  So it probably isn't a good idea to start f*cking friends household employees (even ones brought in for a party) and especially when they were recently involved with the friend's niece.

I don't think Luann had any designs on Adam and although she seems rather voracious in her sexually appetite she seems to have a pretty good grasp on family loyalty.  The same niece appeared with her Season 1. 

This thought process offends me a little.  Since I don't have kids, it's open season to attack me?  I'm less than because I don't have two kids (who are adults by the way) like Lu, who can be harmed by my actions?  Something tells me that Lu's kids know exactly who and what their parents are.  Something Carole says should hardly phase them.

But let's assume this is valid.  Wouldn't it be even more important not to disparage a parent, depending on how young their children are?  Well that leaves Kristen, Heather, and Bethenny with the youngest children.  I haven't noticed the housewives (or viewers) taking it easy on these women so Jax, Cash, Kingsley, Ella, and Brynn don't suffer.   As Dorinda drunkenly spoke in tongues while spewing food out of her mouth about how horrible Heather was, where were her thoughts of the vulnerable children ?  Surely they're just as "pure" as own bushy eyebrowed daughter.  Hannah is an adult, yet Dorinda lost her shit when Hannah's name was mentioned.

As I said, I just don't care for this line of thinking.  No one cared about Gia, Gabriella, Milania, or Audrianna, when they were taking on Teresa.  People were simply speaking the truth.  Well, Carole is speaking the truth.  If two twenty-something adults can't handle hearing their mother likes casual sex, then they shouldn't watch the show.  But if they do watch the show, Luann herself talks of her needs for frequent sex. Luann chooses to hook up during filming.  She should pull the plank out of her own eye, to more clearly see the speck that's in Carole's.

ETA:  Where was Lu's concern for the children when she was cackling with glee at the thought that Sonja doesn't leave her home, because she thinks it will foreclosed before she gets back? 

I would say if you said to me I would prefer you not talk about me that way because it would hurt my mother, or brother or husband or boyfriend I would honor that as well. I think the bigger question is why does one who claims such virtue sink to such low levels when she is angry or hurt?  Carole has a history of being a very dirty fighter regardless if they have children or one leg. Don't be such a dirty fighter..  Why would you attack someone with such venom-this is over a guy a cheap trick at that. I also think Carole should not be taken back by not being a friend to Luann.  She has enjoyed since day one tearing Luann down.  I understand your point that parents should be subjected to the same insults as non parents I just don't think Carole is justified in the path she is taking with the attacks on Luann.

I am different than 99% of the posters here-I don't think because Heather directly disparages Hannah to get a leg up in argument with Dorinda it makes her a better person or justified.  Sometimes you let stupid statements fall.  I think much like smoking cigarettes is bad for you it is a given that the "f bomb" is generally unacceptable speech.  Personally, if I were Heather and had to get a word in, I would have probably said something about the drunkenness across the table being universally inappropriate.  No one said Heather was horrible.  Heather embraces using the f-bomb.  She does not have to defend it but she did acknowledge is was inappropriate in certain situations.. 

As far as the rest of women go and the insults -I do think last year Ramona begged Andy to stop asking questions about her shaky marriage because she had a child.  Teresa Giudice is just loathsome to me and she certainly never had any regard for Danielle's children nor did Caroline Manzo who claimed the kids have vacant eyes.   Teresa uses her kids at every turn for sympathy and again she and her husband are just the lowest of low and I won't watch anything they are on.  On NJ they actually attack one another's children with great regularity.  I guess that might be why they can't get a cast together for a new season.

The last comment about Sonja and the house-Sonja took those women down for that comment by celebrating her paying off the judgment.  Luann apologized to Sonja in Turks & Caicos for her treatment of her.  Sonja let it go for a long time and then she did it the good old fashion way by coming out on top.  Luann is not my favorite person because she is sensitive when it comes to her and not so sensitive when it comes to others-Alex and Simon come to mind.  I don't think Luann deserved to have her off camera moments exaggerated and made public by Carole and now Heather.

Lastly Bethenny-she needs to just stop with assessing everyone's mental condition, truthfulness, sobriety. Bethenny would have zero friends if it were not for her money and position on the show.  She was unconscionable to Sonja, Heather, Kristen. Dorinda and at times Ramona. I have zero sympathy for Bethenny and her child custody/divorce situation.  She was lucky enough to find someone who is equally committed to raising their child as she is.  Time for her to get off the cross -we need the wood.

• Love 3

Thank you!  I don't have children, and I guess some would say it's by choice.  It's not, it's due to circumstance.  Heather, Kristen, Bethenny, Ramona, Dorinda, Lu, and Sonja - all mothers.  All mothers whose children were born within marriages.  Carole has made several statements over the years that imply she wanted children in her own marriage, and clearly that did not and could not happen.

I'm all for families of every stripe, but some women simply don't choose to have children when they are unmarried.  I've known women who deliberately get pregnant from ONS and/or casual relationships.  I've known women who get pregnant from a sperm bank.  That's all well and good for them.  Some women don't choose to have a child by a man they have no commitment with, or by a donor who will never be known as a father to the child.  These are all relatively modern concepts.  It's not something I'm interested in, and perhaps Carole feels the same.  That doesn't mean a nasty crack about me not having children doesn't hurt.  And make no mistake, Lu meant it to hurt.  If it was an innocent comment, she would have apologized.  Instead, she doubled down on the comment.

And the opinion that Carole didn't seem hurt is purely subjective.  I think it clearly hurt.  Carole isn't melodramatic like Ramona and Sonja, and doesn't have the loud personality of Bethenny or Heather.  And speaking from experience, when a person I have conflict with deliberately goes for the throat verbally, it's something I try very hard to mask.   Why give this person the power to destroy you?  I saw Carole's hurt very clearly, and I actually couldn't stand her at the time.

Very well put.

• Love 6

I could be wrong but I think Carole said she doesn't "know" Nicole.  That could be true.  We don't really know people we've met casually.

None of these women are beyond reproach on so many levels and especially when it comes to targeting someone who they perceive has done them wrong.  Their methods and the language they use in the THs aren't that different.   LuAnn is just as guilty as Carole and the rest of them for their snide remarks.  Either some of them get called out on those remarks more than others or editing portrays it that way depending on who was voted this season's villain.

Upthread someone (sorry I don't remember who) commented on Bethenny's phone calls to Bryn.   I read on this forum that the calls were court mandated at specific times.  More than once, I've heard Bethenny check the time because she had to call Bryn at 7:30 PM.

• Love 6

Nicole is seriously gorgeous. Adam is...not. I think Carole could do better than him. But I also think she avoids relationships that can really go anywhere out of some guilt over her husbands death. Anyway I can't believe this debate is still happening. Bethenny needs to try on Brynns teeny bathing suit and distract us all.

• Love 9

@zoeysmom, I don't necessarily agree that Carole fights dirty, but I sort of have an understanding if she does.  I'm actually shocked I keep defending Carole - I really did not like her, and you can probably find quite a few mean posts of mine in her thread.  One of the things that has confused me, is she seems so contradictory.  Once a hard working emmy award winning journalist, lived an apparent disciplined life, had a serious marriage with tragic ending.  That just never meshed with this hippy, who flirts with "boys", eats drug-tainted gummy bears, and not only doesn't know her deadline, she didn't even know she had a deadline.

I think I started perceiving her differently when I saw that she was still hung up on Anthony's death.  I find it really sad, and I think after he died, she deliberately went about living her life differently.  No serious relationships, no kitchens, no deadlines, no full-time pet ownership.  I don't think she really processed his death, I think she tucked it away and avoided it.  I think she's admitted that she just stopped being around their friends.

I also think she's a highly anxious person, and I identify with that 100%.  There's always talk about her being high all the time, but why is she?  People I know who smoke pot daily do it for anxiety and/or ADHD.  I remember the dinner she had with Kristen, Brandi, and Yolanda.  Carole mentioned as an aside, that she had taken a Xanax.  She's self-medicating for a reason.  I'm more outspoken than Carole, but I have a lifetime of being shy and an introvert.  You really take a lot of shit from people, and it's usually with a smile.  But there's always that one thing that's going to break the camel's back, and woe to the person who tips that balance.  Carole tends to be very passive, which is why Heather does a lot of defending and answering for her.  Think about when Dorinda came up and forced that drink on Carole.  Carole kept saying no, but she eventually takes the drink and sips it.  You can see Carole almost do a double take and hand the drink back.  So while it seems Carole fights dirty, it's probably because she's held in ten things, then it all comes out at once.

ETA:  I don't really get Adam's appeal, but he seems pretty zen.  When you are an anxious type of person, being around other anxious people has a synergistic effect.  When I get wound up, I gravitate to calm, serene people.  She's said that everything is easy with him, and I'm sure she's drawn to that "old soul" personality.  Maybe with him she can get off that hamster wheel of anxiety, intrusive thoughts, etc.

Edited by RedheadZombie
  • Love 19
Such a big deal over a statement of fact.  Carole is childless by choice.  Carole can't pretend to be offended over it.    It is far less an insulting comment than Carole claiming she is only one child shy of being a parent.

I thought Carol's Brady Bunch comment was silly because the number of children obviously isn't the point and has nothing to do with what Lu was saying.

But I don't see how it's insulting at all (unless she really needs her motherhood superiority validated that much at that moment), especially compared to Luanne's comment about how Carol doesn't have children ha ha ha. Carol is childless in large part because of circumstances and even if she wasn't, isn't it insulting to tell somebody you think their life choices make them a loser?

Sure, I understand that.  But she wasn't, as far as we know, infertile, or ill herself, or in prison, or in any condition that would make biological or adoptive motherhood impossible.  So the light relationships, whatever else--that was still a choice.  I think it's probably fair to conclude that being a mother wasn't a powerful motivation for her, or she'd have done it, with or without a man.  Thousands of women do every year.  I just don't get the sense that she was all that motivated.  Which is fine--I don't have kids either, so this isn't a judgment, just an observation.

That really doesn't cover it. Not being so motivated to have a child that you want to find a sperm donor or be a single mother doesn't not mean you have no feelings about not having children or wouldn't be hurt by someone throwing it in your face like it's a failure. Luanne herself might not have had any children if her life circumstances were more like Carol's but obviously that doesn't mean she wouldn't have ever wanted children. Children are something that for most people involve circumstance as much as choice.

Carol is of course wrong that having only one child makes you any less a mother than having 6, and she can't know exactly how it feels to be a mother regarding getting caught sleeping around without actually being a mother. But she was right that she didn't need to have experienced it to get what Luanne was saying, at least, especially since this seemed to involve Luanne's very specific etiquette about all this--that it's okay for Mom to go public about sleeping with somebody your age on TV but it's not okay for an acquaintance of Mom's to date Mom's niece's ex who's 28...or whatever distinction Luanne was making there. I can't remember now. I think it had something to do with bringing guys home to meet your kids, which Carol doesn't have to deal with, and isn't really relevant to whether or not Carol should date a 28 year old.

• Love 6

I wonder what LuAnn's niece thinks of all this attention to the Adam/Carole relationship. Does she ever want to say, Hey, Auntie LuAnn, please STFU about Adam, you're embarrassing me and I've been over it for a long time now! . Guess we will never know. 

Well she would but she would have to take Adam's dick out of her mouth long enough to get her point across.  :)  Carole is always cool with open relationships.  Sorry I think it is line from an old Danny DeVito movie.

I thought Carol's Brady Bunch comment was silly because the number of children obviously isn't the point and has nothing to do with what Lu was saying.

But I don't see how it's insulting at all (unless she really needs her motherhood superiority validated that much at that moment), especially compared to Luanne's comment about how Carol doesn't have children ha ha ha. Carol is childless in large part because of circumstances and even if she wasn't, isn't it insulting to tell somebody you think their life choices make them a loser?

That really doesn't cover it. Not being so motivated to have a child that you want to find a sperm donor or be a single mother doesn't not mean you have no feelings about not having children or wouldn't be hurt by someone throwing it in your face like it's a failure. Luanne herself might not have had any children if her life circumstances were more like Carol's but obviously that doesn't mean she wouldn't have ever wanted children. Children are something that for most people involve circumstance as much as choice.

Carol is of course wrong that having only one child makes you any less a mother than having 6, and she can't know exactly how it feels to be a mother regarding getting caught sleeping around without actually being a mother. But she was right that she didn't need to have experienced it to get what Luanne was saying, at least, especially since this seemed to involve Luanne's very specific etiquette about all this--that it's okay for Mom to go public about sleeping with somebody your age on TV but it's not okay for an acquaintance of Mom's to date Mom's niece's ex who's 28...or whatever distinction Luanne was making there. I can't remember now. I think it had something to do with bringing guys home to meet your kids, which Carol doesn't have to deal with, and isn't really relevant to whether or not Carol should date a 28 year old.

I'm really glad you brought this up cuz I didn't get what she meant by that Brady Bunch comment at all.  I mean I didn't get exactly what the hell her point was.  If you're a mother, you're a mother whether you have 10 kids or 1.  It's still an extremely different situation from having no kids.

• Love 5

That story was really vague.  While I'm not a Bethenny fan, I certainly don't hate her.  I just don't trust her.  I think she's EXTREMELY cunning & manipulative.  Everything Bethenny does on the show & at the reunion is planned & calculated.  I did feel a bit sorry for her when first hearing Carole say that story.  And then I realized this was just manipulative stuff coming from Bethenny.  I suspect she's learned well from her palsy-walsy Satan Andy how to manipulate viewer reaction & elicit sympathy.

The story can be seen in a few ways & I pass no judgement on it -- either in Bethenny's favor or against Jason.  I don't know enough about what was going there to do so.  Why the fuck was she calling him 8 or 9 times?  Was it an emergency?  Was it over several days/weeks/hours?  Was he ignoring her or was he actually busy & maybe it wasn't necessary for her to harass him by calling so much?  I don't know what the fuck was going on there & I would prefer she just stay away from this manipulative crapola.  The only thing I took away from this is that Carole is now Bethenny's puppet.  Buh-bye Heather, hello new puppeteer.  Guess that means we'll be seeing Carole next season?

Agreed.  I thought it was in such bad taste for Carole to be saying ANYTHING about Bethenny's custody arrangement at all.  There's a reason why neither one of them are supposed to be saying anything to the media.  But let's face it, Bethenny saw this as the perfect opportunity for her to get a dig at Jason publicly and without having to get her own hands dirty.  Things like that are part of why I take anything she says regarding Jason's parenting with a HUGE grain of salt.  She's got an axe to grind with him, whether it's deserved or not, and unfortunately the only way she knows she can hurt him is by making it seem as though he's the one not thinking of Bryn and her best interests.  And there are plenty of people out there who will lap it all up as the gospel truth.  

For me, the truth is somewhere in the middle.  There's three sides to the story...his, hers and then the truth.  

• Love 6

I'm really glad you brought this up cuz I didn't get what she meant by that Brady Bunch comment at all. I mean I didn't get exactly what the hell her point was. If you're a mother, you're a mother whether you have 10 kids or 1. It's still an extremely different situation from having no kids.

Plus, none of the others have multiple kids even approaching Brady status.

Maybe just an inappropriate comparison.

Odd.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 1

I would love for LuAnn to hire Adam back on in some way, pay him a bunch of money and promise him beautiful women so he couldn't refuse, and then take him to the bathroom. That would be awesome. I'm immature, I know, but Carole deserves it since she doesn't seem to understand how hooking up with her friend's ex is wrong (or a friend's family member/ friend ex). In any case, LuAnn seems to be very close with her family and so if her niece was hurt, I can see why she would be protective and mad at the people that hurt her. Part of being friends with someone, is not hurting them and their family even if you are "right." It makes me upset how uncaring Carole is about it. Maybe she has never loved someone and thinks that if someone wants to move on, the other person should not be affected because it doesn't bother her when an ex moves on because she didn't love him anyway. 

Edited by bravofan27

I would love for LuAnn to hire Adam back on in some way, pay him a bunch of money and promise him beautiful women so he couldn't refuse, and then take him to the bathroom. That would be awesome. I'm immature, I know, but Carole deserves it since she doesn't seem to understand how hooking up with her friend's ex is wrong (or a friend's family member/ friend ex). In any case, LuAnn seems to be very close with her family and so if her niece was hurt, I can see why she would be protective and mad at the people that hurt her. Part of being friends with someone, is not hurting them and their family even if you are "right." It makes me upset how uncaring Carole is about it. Maybe she has never loved someone and thinks that if someone wants to move on, the other person should not be affected because it doesn't bother her when an ex moves on because she didn't love him anyway. 

I disagree with this for so many reasons but I'm not about to repeat myself or what so many others have already said (something the mods will surely appreciate).

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 11

I'm not sure I would say Carole is uncaring about Nicole's feelings toward Adam.  Well, yeah, maybe she is somewhat.  But I'm OK with that.  Idk, I think she's being sensible & logical & that can seem cold.  But seriously, at the time she met Adam, he & Nicole were not in a relationship anymore, other than maybe being friends.  So I'm not seeing why Carole should care about how Nicole feels.  What's the diff?  Relationships end & you move on.  That's life & it's called being an adult & coping.  If Nicole is having problems with the breakup with Adam, maybe she needs therapy to help her get over him.  In any case, Nicole needs to move on cuz Adam seems to have & her feelings about Adam have nothing to do with Carole.  

Guess I'm not following the logic against Carole here.  Are we all responsible for the feelings of every single ex of any & all persons we become romantically/sexually involved with?  Oy, that gives me a headache to even think about, so I'll pass.  Gee, Idk, given Lu's busy sexual past, this would make her responsible for a lot of ladies' feelings -- and maybe some dudes too.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 8

Oh, hell no.  Jenny McCarthy would be my last straw with this show. 

Oh you and me both.  I CANNOT STAND HER!

Oh no -- was Nicole the niece that a few seasons ago Luann and niece went to some bar or nightclub or something.  I remember the "niece's" outfit was really dumb looking and couldn't get past it.

The article shows Carole posing with Nicole for PR photos from a solo show of Nicole Nadeau entitled, "Portraits of Origin," held on February 7, 2012 and a photo of Carole and Nicole together posing for a A.C.E. Committee Soirée held on April 10, 2014. I thought Carole said, at the reunion that she "never" met Nicole...I know Carole was just joking, lol.

I have a son 20-years younger than me so I'm not enthusiastically supporting this May/December romance. But to Carole, a 50-year old I would think if anyone tries to interfere with her 20-year younger lover, she'll cut the bitch with a knife. Lol, she'd even sit on his handlebars to stay close to him...no walking or taxi for this toots!

Didn't Carole/Adam say she and he had a fight because he left in the morning without waking her up to let her know he was leaving. A little possessive/needy for a women that's old enough to be his mom...I know she was "just kidding".

I have no idea what went on between Adam and former girlfriend Nicole...only they do...not Carole or LuAnn. Shame on the mature ladies fighting like pirates over and for these two young former lovers. I noticed Nicole's involvement on his online business/charities. She seemed caught up with Adam's personal and business life. The break up must have been difficult on both of them...though Carole will be working on a cookbook with Adam. He's blessed to have had two women in his life to help him professionally.

Would it be less possessive/needy if they were closer in age?  If he/she were dying of cancer?  My husband or I don't leave the house without giving each other a kiss and saying goodbye.  Why would anyone find that wrong? 

All this talk about Carole and whether she "chose" not to have children...or circumstances dictated....etc. and so on makes me think of 2 friends who didn't find love and a husband until their mid-30s and then found themselves unable to get pregnant.  One adopted and the other never had children.  Ooh, is it co-incidental they both work in television?  I scratch my head now to figure out are they to blame because they didn't settle down soon enough?  Should I sympathize because they didn't find love soon enough?  Should they have known before they found love that they wanted children?  

Think about it with Carole....obviously with Anthony there would not be any children.  So now, she's in her mid-30s and oh boy that clock is ticking!  Does she hear it? I had to look it up -- She was already THIRTY SIX when he died.  Man - ya know what? childless by choice?  Fuck that. Thirty-fucking-six years old and your husband has just died of cancer less than 4 weeks after your very close (god forbid I say "best") friends.

• Love 12

Adam and Nicole were not married. Adam and Nicole did not break up because of Carole.

Carole has obviously loved before, she loved her dying husband for five years and, IMO, still loves him to this day. Perhaps Carole just understands love better than Nicole, and probably Adam for that matter.

Carole, of all people, understands love and loss.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 12
But seriously, at the time she met Adam, he & Nicole were not in a relationship anymore, other than maybe being friends.  So I'm not seeing why Carole should care about how Nicole feels.  What's the diff?  Relationships end & you move on.

Suppose there's some odd thought by Nicole and Lu that NICOLE could have had a showmance with Adam?   Why don't they just mention months and year of the breakup and month and year of the latest hookup?

• Love 1

I do not understand it. They do not dress anywhere near this poorly (usually) during the regular season but somehow the most horrid clothes find their way onto the reunion.

Heather can drive me nuts when she tries to be fashion forward with dresses like this! I love the color on her but the dress is a complete mess and wrong for her body type IMHO. LOL

But don't you know that's she's a fashion expert? Shapewear is super hard to design, you guys.

How long do divorces/custody disputes usually take? 3 years seems like an unusually long amount of time. Being stressed about it for that long can't be easy.

I feel like Heather came to play bringing up the toast to bringing down B. I know there's been talk about whether or not she's coming back but she came ready to fire off some shots like she was making a case for her apple next year. I wonder what else she has in store.

Heather: I wasn't comparing losing my nanny to B's childhood.

Proceeds to compare losing her nanny to B's childhood.

I will give Heather credit for now knowing that she should have backed down about meatballs at dinner. I bet she took a lot of heat for that.

From the reaction shots (which I know could be edited selectively) it didn't seem like Heather and Kristen were that happy when B explained why she was not into the fake storyline they seemed to be trying to set up about Kristen's hurt feelings over not being invited. I loved Dorinda's reaction when Andy asked her about her not being invited. Finally some "reality" on the real housewives.

I'm sorry but Heather is still so annoying sometimes. Yes, you were trying to start shit. And yes, B saw through you. And going into lecture mode is not helping your case.

• Love 3

I could be wrong but I think Carole said she doesn't "know" Nicole.  That could be true.  We don't really know people we've met casually.

None of these women are beyond reproach on so many levels and especially when it comes to targeting someone who they perceive has done them wrong.  Their methods and the language they use in the THs aren't that different.   LuAnn is just as guilty as Carole and the rest of them for their snide remarks.  Either some of them get called out on those remarks more than others or editing portrays it that way depending on who was voted this season's villain.

Upthread someone (sorry I don't remember who) commented on Bethenny's phone calls to Bryn.   I read on this forum that the calls were court mandated at specific times.  More than once, I've heard Bethenny check the time because she had to call Bryn at 7:30 PM.

If that is the case there is no excuse, barring an emergency, for not answering the phone.

• Love 4

Wait, so this is that icky aqua Reynolds Wrap dress Lu was wearing?  Ew.  Seriously, blech, ick, yuck, & feh!  OK, well, for anyone who likes this thing, it's still avail now, but only in purple or black & it's on clearance for $32.40!

http://www.evine.com/Product/722-831

Hey, did we see Alistair?  Cuz I don't remember him.  Yet another one both Sonja & Lu diddled with?  Sheesh, wonder how many men/women these 2 have both had sex with.  See, these are the kind of important questions you should be asking, Satan Andy!

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

I'm not sure I would say Carole is uncaring about Nicole's feelings toward Adam.  Well, yeah, maybe she is somewhat.  But I'm OK with that.  Idk, I think she's being sensible & logical & that can seem cold.  But seriously, at the time she met Adam, he & Nicole were not in a relationship anymore, other than maybe being friends.  So I'm not seeing why Carole should care about how Nicole feels.  What's the diff?  Relationships end & you move on.  That's life & it's called being an adult & coping.  If Nicole is having problems with the breakup with Adam, maybe she needs therapy to help her get over him.  In any case, Nicole needs to move on cuz Adam seems to have & her feelings about Adam have nothing to do with Carole.  

Guess I'm not following the logic against Carole here.  Are we all responsible for the feelings of every single ex of any & all persons we become romantically/sexually involved with?  Oy, that gives me a headache to even think about, so I'll pass.  Gee, Idk, given Lu's busy sexual past, this would make her responsible for a lot of ladies' feelings -- and maybe some dudes too.

This is simple solution-"Luann-Adam asked me out and I thought I would tell you so you and your niece aren't caught off guard."   What would have been the harm?  Luann could have still said, "I am uncomfortable being the person introducing  my niece's ex to new loves."  Carole and Adam for whatever reason did not choose that path.  They went with the let's screw, tell Luann's mutual friends and snicker a bit behind Luann and Nicole's back.  It could have been handled better.  this epic war is ridiculous. 

Wait, so this is that icky aqua Reynolds Wrap dress Lu was wearing?  Ew.  Seriously, blech, ick, yuck, & feh!  OK, well, for anyone who likes this thing, it's still avail now, but only in purple or black & it's on clearance for $32.40!

http://www.evine.com/Product/722-831

Hey, did we see Alistair?  Cuz I don't remember him.  Yet another one both Sonja & Lu diddled with?  Sheesh, wonder how many men/women these 2 have both had sex with.  See, these are the kind of important questions you should be asking, Satan Andy!

They didn't have sex-just skinny dipped.  Alistair after being so vocal and involved proved to be camera shy.

• Love 3