Type keyword(s) to search

The Worst Parents Thread - US & Canada

• Start Topic

Chad's mom, the lady played tennis, she's obviously a monster. Seriously though, I already mentioned Megan's mom but I'll say it again, that woman is pure evil. First she abandons her daughter then she blames Megan for being molested by her boyfriend. Poor girl, her father wasn't much better.

I also hated Jason and Joy's mom. You don't just have twenty kids then abandon them when you decide to come out of the closet.

I can't forget Gina the heroin addict hooker's mother. She's another mom that said her daughter was asking to get raped by dressing sexy or whatever. Horrible woman.

• Love 7

There are many ways to compete for worst.  Linda Lollypop Mom who sentenced the brother to caring for his sister - with even her personal habits should qualify.  They could pay for special beds and chairs but not health care helpers (which she didn't need anyway)

• Love 4

There are many ways to compete for worst. 

Co-sign this!

I'm watching Canadian meth user/dealer "Wesley."  His mother, Deborah, is some piece of work.  The interventionist, whom I don't recognize, says, "Unfortunately, what happened in this process is that we were not able to form a united front.  There was one member who was not able to maintain a consistent message and ultimately sabotaged the situation."  Woof, no shit.

Wesley's mom has a control issue the size of Mount Rushmore.  She appears to relish the image of herself going in to confront the "bone crushers" and negotiate a buyout deal for Wesley.  She biffed the pre-intervention because she had to concentrate on her texting.  She tipped her son off to the intervention because she didn't approve of Saturday as the designated day?  (That's the busiest day of the week when you sell drugs at clubs!) 

I don't think she's headed for the same circle of hell as a mother who blames her nine-year old for seducing mom's boyfriend into rape, but I'm still giving Deborah an Honorable Mention in the bad parent thread.

• Love 5

I feel like there are a few categories of worst parent.  You have the "Enabler Parent"/"Codependent Parent" like Linda's mom and then you have the "I Get Why You Do Heroin Parent" like Megan's mom.  Both bad, just different kinds of bad.  I feel sorry for the addicts like Megan, who just have shit for parents...the addicts like Linda, not so much.  

• Love 4

Which episode had mother agree to get naked to prove to daughter she had NOT stolen the hidden heroin. (And then we find out she might have)?

I think the conclusion to that incident was the daughter locating the heroin amidst the clutter on her dresser.  It's stuck in my mind because I was expecting an apology (because I'm an idiot) and the daughter was too fucked up to even toss an "oops" in mom's direction.

• Love 3

Chad's mom, the lady played tennis, she's obviously a monster. Seriously though, I already mentioned Megan's mom but I'll say it again, that woman is pure evil. First she abandons her daughter then she blames Megan for being molested by her boyfriend. Poor girl, her father wasn't much better.

I also hated Jason and Joy's mom. You don't just have twenty kids then abandon them when you decide to come out of the closet.

I can't forget Gina the heroin addict hooker's mother. She's another mom that said her daughter was asking to get raped by dressing sexy or whatever. Horrible woman.

Gina's mother was devil-possessed. You could see the evil without her saying a word. Gina needs to cut all ties with that nasty bitch.

(FAT)Father of chubby boy who ridiculed him at the table and also ate cake in front of him (on purpose) to sabotage his weight loss efforts forcing kid into eating disorder (was this intervention?)

Yes, it was Intervention. The show also sent the father to a weight loss clinic. I think he lost a bunch of weight but eventually gained it all back. That may have been the son though.

Co-sign this!

I'm watching Canadian meth user/dealer "Wesley."  His mother, Deborah, is some piece of work.  The interventionist, whom I don't recognize, says, "Unfortunately, what happened in this process is that we were not able to form a united front.  There was one member who was not able to maintain a consistent message and ultimately sabotaged the situation."  Woof, no shit.

Wesley's mom has a control issue the size of Mount Rushmore.  She appears to relish the image of herself going in to confront the "bone crushers" and negotiate a buyout deal for Wesley.  She biffed the pre-intervention because she had to concentrate on her texting.  She tipped her son off to the intervention because she didn't approve of Saturday as the designated day?  (That's the busiest day of the week when you sell drugs at clubs!) 

I don't think she's headed for the same circle of hell as a mother who blames her nine-year old for seducing mom's boyfriend into rape, but I'm still giving Deborah an Honorable Mention in the bad parent thread.

Deborah was addicted to the drama that was associated with Wesley's life. She loved that shit.
  • Love 3

Deborah was addicted to the drama that was associated with Wesley's life. She loved that shit.

You're right.  That makes more sense than "control freak."  I even wondered to myself how Deborah was going to spend all her time when Wesley went off to recovery.

• Love 1

Co-sign this!

I watched the Wes and Lise episode last night and was looking for the thread and couldn't find it.  Googled it and it turns out there was from Canada Intervention (or Canadian Intervention?) and a couple of years ago.  Anyway, found this happy update on You Tube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OuAwYz1IDs

What about Leela from Intervention Canada? Her transgressions: 

- hosted a party at which a person got stabbed in the room next to her kids AND couldn't even remember that her kids were there at the time

- once her kids' father got sober and tried to reach out to them, she tried to stop him 

- bought crack for her son Andrew

- smoked said crack with Andrew on an all-night bender

• Love 1

There was another mother like that. I can't remember the name of the heroin-addicted daughter for the life of me but the mom had converted to Islam when she married the dad (which he never asked her to do), went TOTAL devout (which he also never asked her to do),  only to go back to Christianity when they divorced. She then wrote books, toured churches, and openly called her ex a terrorist. Then, when the Intervention crew was there filming her daughter shooting up, she barged in the room and acted all shocked, saying "Why? WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?" in the most histrionic manner possible. When she finally shut the door, the daughter was like, "I don't know why she came in here. She never does that." Because of the cameras, of course! I don't know why but THAT mom really sticks out to me as one of the worst because her histrionic type is insidious and dangerous and yet so many people apparently buy into her shtick - considering the book/church tours and all.  

• Love 4

There was another mother like that. I can't remember the name of the heroin-addicted daughter for the life of me but the mom had converted to Islam when she married the dad (which he never asked her to do), went TOTAL devout (which he also never asked her to do), only to go back to Christianity when they divorced. She then wrote books, toured churches, and openly called her ex a terrorist. Then, when the Intervention crew was there filming her daughter shooting up, she barged in the room and acted all shocked, saying "Why? WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?" in the most histrionic manner possible. When she finally shut the door, the daughter was like, "I don't know why she came in here. She never does that." Because of the cameras, of course! I don't know why but THAT mom really sticks out to me as one of the worst because her histrionic type is insidious and dangerous and yet so many people apparently buy into her shtick - considering the book/church tours and all.

That was Zeinha and she was into shooting Oxys and benzos. What I remember most about her episode is the crazy amount of pills she was shooting and that her mother seemed like a fame whore.

• Love 1

I'm blanking on the name but one sticks in my head - the Asian lady with a very strong accent who was complaining because her daughter somehow "attracted" the mother's boyfriend/ partner to sexually molest her. She did say she was sorry during the intervention but I wanted to reach through the TV and smack the fire out of her. Who DOES that? 

I don't think she's headed for the same circle of hell as a mother who blames her nine-year old for seducing mom's boyfriend into rape, but I'm still giving Deborah an Honorable Mention in the bad parent thread.

Yes, I think this was the same lady. 

Edited by ItsHelloPattiagain
  • Love 2

Father of chubby boy who ridiculed him at the table and also ate cake in front of him (on purpose) to sabotage his weight loss efforts forcing kid into eating disorder (was this intervention?)

Yes, it was Intervention. The show also sent the father to a weight loss clinic. I think he lost a bunch of weight but eventually gained it all back. That may have been the son though.

I am almost positive that the father lost a lot of weight and gained it back, while the son lost a ton of weight and was still losing at the update, but I can't remember the guy's name to check. That dad was a total POS.

I think I'm watching a whole other level of parental craziness right now. The episode is a rerun on LMN: Tammi and Daniel. Daniel's mother has actually PRAYED over the drug money she just handed him in a convenience store parking lot. O.M.G. There are no words. Then she sat in her car boohooing with rivers of black mascara/liner running down her face.

• Love 2

I am almost positive that the father lost a lot of weight and gained it back, while the son lost a ton of weight and was still losing at the update, but I can't remember the guy's name to check. That dad was a total POS.

Update for those who did not see the Justin/Kayne episode: his name is Josh, the episode is from 2008 and guy has lost half his body weight and says his relationship with his dad is much better. Woot!

• Love 1

I think Daniel's mom is an enabler and she's definitely a little bit crazy (the singing, praying over drug money, the ridiculous outfits) but I wouldn't put her in the bad parent category. She made some horrible parenting decisions that turned out to be devastating to her son's life but I don't think she's evil like some of the other parents on this show. Daniel's episode is a prime example of how sexual abuse can destroy a person's life.

• Love 1

Oh I completely nominate for the win, Gina's mom, Hyun.  I just don't understand how a grown woman can believe that her own virgin daughter was lying about being raped and in the same breath basically call her a slut.  She was serious in the confessional when telling her side of the story.  

• Love 5

Does anyone remember Ed and Bettina? They were the alcoholic Mormons who almost seemed proud of their dysfunction, joking about it. Bettina was abandoned by her birth mom and raised by a prostitute. Just a bizarre family all around, and they were homeless... yet dressed like any normal,  suburban middle-class family.  They drove around constantly looking for booze. 

I hope they got their shit together for their kids. 

Dallas' mom (season 11) who started doing heroin with her daughter so that they could be "best friends" and who had made Dallas deal with her suicide attempts (for attention) and who didn't see anything wrong with letting Dallas' little sister (who was like 10 or 11) go hang out with her junkie/prostitute sister in downtown Portland and stay overnight out there. That broad was a profound mess.

• Love 5
On 12/1/2015 at 11:19 PM, Noirprncess said:

Oh I completely nominate for the win, Gina's mom, Hyun.  I just don't understand how a grown woman can believe that her own virgin daughter was lying about being raped and in the same breath basically call her a slut.  She was serious in the confessional when telling her side of the story.  

And I didn't buy her tearful act during the intervention, whatsoever, not one whit.  She is a seriously disturbed person, and that was a big, fat act.  

• Love 6

Agreed re Hyun. She's always stuck in my head as the worst ever. It was infuriating hearing her say she'd do anything for the little boy -- what about the little girl that was in your care? Bitch. I do wonder about her background though -- someone did a number on her, no doubt.

In the same ep (on right now and AE) is the severe anorexic Kaila, and her family seems to be fine (though who really knows), and she's more messed up than Gina! And what triggered her is being called fat in junior high? Perhaps more than meets the eye, there.

• Love 1

I'm watching Gina/Kaila now. Hyun is just as infuriating as before. She's delusional and easily takes the prize for worst parent ever.

Your daughter gets raped, you blame her and then beat her? I hope Gina is doing well now and Hyun has no part in her life.

• Love 4

You know who infuriated me? Those deeply enmeshed, clueless Mormon parents who wore jaunty outfits and peppered their conversations with sprightly colloquialisms ("Crackers and Cheese"). They were reduced to living in a run-down apartment, deeply codependent, and drinking themselves to death while their anguished children watched, helpless. Yet they would lapse into their puritanical schtick for the cameras.

Hyun may indeed be one of the worst. I remember thinking her early life must have been traumatic, and she deeply, deeply resented anyone who didn't have as hard a life as she did. That was part of her anger at her daughter.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 2

The striking thing about Hyun, to me, was the expression of contempt and rage she so often showed when speaking of her daughter.  That's why I could not believe her seeming about-face during the intervention.  I think she was desperately jealous of Gina.  The difference in how the boy was treated I chalked up to a preference for a male child, as well as lack of jealousy because of gender.  I've seen it in real life, and it is so disturbing.  

• Love 9
On 3/16/2016 at 11:26 AM, sereion1 said:

Megan's parents stood out for me; no wonder she became a dope fiend. They were just horrible--especially the mom.

Yes! Watching this one for the first time now. Her mother still insisting that she seduced the boyfriend, at 15? And the father just seems like a sociopath or something, complete lack of emotion. He made some comment like, "I was handed this perfect baby in the hospital, and now she's a drug addict." Um...did you consider that maybe you played some role in that? If my now-5-year-old daughter ends up addicted to drugs, all I'd be able to think about would be what I might have done wrong and what I could have done better as a parent.

• Love 3

How about Samantha, whose father creeped on her 12 year-old soccer teammate and, when confronted about it, actually BLAMED THE 12 YEAR OLD for "pulling him back in" after he rewwy rewwy tried to get her to stop e-mailing him. What a despicable human being. He belongs in jail.

• Love 2
On 3/16/2016 at 11:26 AM, sereion1 said:

Megan's parents stood out for me; no wonder she became a dope fiend. They were just horrible--especially the mom.

Is that the poor girl who was raped by her mother's boyfriend and the mother blamed her?

• Love 1

Sean (Season 11, Episode 11)

His father is the lyingest liar who ever did lie...yes, you had an affair and Sean caught you and it devastated him. And the way you refused to talk about his allegations, and actually threatened to not participate in the intervention that would save your son's life, only proves that what Sean alleges is correct.

Oh, and Sean's Mom?  Your husband was getting some strange at work.  No amount of prayer circles or Bible verses is going to change that.

• Love 4
On 15/03/2017 at 7:41 PM, Maherjunkie said:

Is that the poor girl who was raped by her mother's boyfriend and the mother blamed her?

Sadly, there have been a number of those backstories. I just cannot fathom not believing my child about something like that. 

• Love 1

Alcoholism question:

is it possible for a person to stay in the second stage of alcoholism for the entire life and never move to the stage three? Probably this is a stupid question but genuinely concern about a friend of mine