Type keyword(s) to search

"In A World....." Movie and TV Show Trailers

• Start Topic

On 6/20/2016 at 6:07 PM, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Huh. I had never heard of Rule 34 until just now. The internet is so informative.

I'd heard the saying, but didn't know it was called "Rule 34".

I've been seeing commercials for a movie called "The Neon Demon" and it looks like a cross between "Showgirls" and "Black Swan." There's a line from the movie used in the trailer that goes something like, "Why have sour milk when you can have fresh meat?" I don't even know what that means.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/9/2016 at 0:38 PM, janie jones said:

Every time I see BFG all I can think is "Big Fucking Gun" and I don't think that is what Disney had in mind.

On 7/9/2016 at 0:38 PM, janie jones said:

Or Roald Dahl when he named his book that.

From what I've heard about Dahl, I think that is exactly what he was thinking and chose the title deliberately for the word-play.

Edited by ABay
On 7/11/2016 at 3:30 PM, ABay said:

From what I've heard about Dahl, I think that is exactly what he was thinking and chose the title deliberately for the word-play.

I may be wrong, but I thought the use of that acronym to refer to weaponry was about 10 years more recent than the title of Dahl's book.

• Love 1

Ugh! I enjoy watching reruns of "Reba" (don't judge!) on TVLand on the weekends, but it's an almost painful experience because of TVLand's relentless promotion of its "original" programming. You could not force me at gunpoint to watch "Younger" or "Impastor." (Well, actually, you probably could, but that would be a stupid thing to force someone to do at gunpoint.)

• Love 4
13 hours ago, cpcathy said:

The trailer for Bull on CBS make it look like exactly what it's going to be, an enormous piece of crap.

Why do they keep showing MW in need of a shave? They did that to Don Johnson to make him look tough enough for Miami Vice, but this show is supposed to be about a jury consultant.

• Love 1

Holy fuckballs Batman.

TNT is running a promo for some Dave Matthews Band 25th anniversary dealio and not only are they running it every ad break, they are sometimes running the same ad back to back and then sometimes they are running it back to back, then an and for something else and then the Dave Matthews ad back to back AGAIN.

I'm really starting to hate Dave Matthews, TNT and Bones.

• Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 7:16 PM, cpcathy said:

The trailer for Bull on CBS make it look like exactly what it's going to be, an enormous piece of crap.

It's just Doctor Phil self-promotion, since he's exec. producer and it's supposedly based on his life.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, mojoween said:

TNT is running a promo for some Dave Matthews Band 25th anniversary dealio and not only are they running it every ad break, they are sometimes running the same ad back to back and then sometimes they are running it back to back, then an and for something else and then the Dave Matthews ad back to back AGAIN.

Just ... grab the remote and turn to a different channel?

I mean, BONES?

• Love 1
On 9/20/2016 at 0:14 PM, mmecorday said:

You could not force me at gunpoint to watch "Younger" ...

To each their own, but Sutton Foster is delightful in it, as she always is.

May I make a gentle plea for the extra few keystrokes that would spell out actors' full names, so I don't have to wonder who MW is? (To me, it's Michael Warren, whom I've had a crush on ever since Hill Street Blues, but I'm pretty sure he's not the one intended.)

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, Rinaldo said:

May I make a gentle plea for the extra few keystrokes that would spell out actors' full names, so I don't have to wonder who MW is? (To me, it's Michael Warren, whom I've had a crush on ever since Hill Street Blues, but I'm pretty sure he's not the one intended.)

Assuming in this context MW= Michael Weatherly, star of afforementioned Bull, if that helps.

Using initials for actors got particularly confusing on the Grimm forum - the show has Bree Turner & Bitsie Tulloch. NOW Bitsie has decided to go with "Elizabeth" professionally, but I've completely lost interest in the show, so I don't give a flying fig. She's a crappy actress anyway. Probably a very nice person, but she can't act any better than I can.

• Love 1

thank you, I feel the same way. I spend entirely too much time on these forums trying to decipher initials and it's probably someone on something I don't watch anyway.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

I may be misinterpretting the trailer for Inferno, but why did the guy who wants to unleash the virus make a complicated riddle detailing his plan and how to stop him?

Do not poke too closely at the logic of a Dan Brown novel; that way lies madness.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

I may be misinterpretting the trailer for Inferno, but why did the guy who wants to unleash the virus make a complicated riddle detailing his plan and how to stop him?

Because he wanted to outdo the Riddler from the 60's Batman series? You might as well ask why any fictional villain would tell their plan to someone they're about to kill.

5 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Because he wanted to outdo the Riddler from the 60's Batman series? You might as well ask why any fictional villain would tell their plan to someone they're about to kill.

I haven't seen this trailer yet, but the above makes me think of Age of Ultron: "I'm glad you asked me that, because i wanted to take this time to fill you in about my evil plan." *blasts Stark*

• Love 2

I was late to the Harry Potter party, in that I read all of the books just before Deathly Hallows Part II came out and watched the movies just after that, but once I read it, I LOVED it.

That said, the ads for Fantastic Beasts just do not speak to nor appeal to me in any way.  I think part of it is that the commercials don't really spell out the plot to me.

I've noticed that a lot more lately, that ads for movies are all scenery and bombast but don't give many details.  It could be just me, I fully embrace that.

Also, I'm not much of a fan of Eddie Redmayne.  

I don't think that movie came out in June. As far as I know, it was always supposed to be released in Q4. It did get pushed back though, but it was originally scheduled for November. There was a trailer out in the summer, but the movie wasn't.

Edited by theatremouse
  • Love 1

New ad on Fox for The Mick, "It's the new year's #1 new comedy." Uhhh, it's the new year's only new comedy. The year's THREE DAYS OLD! Just remember:

Those who can, do.

Those who can't, teach.

Those who can't teach, administrate.

Those who can't teach or administrate, work in marketing.

• Love 1