Type keyword(s) to search

Deadpool (2016)

• Start Topic

I showed the new trailer to my sister who couldn't care less about the comics movies (but knows things, she grew up with me... she lives in my house, one picks up things) and she laughed her ass off through the whole thing and said she wanted to go. Victory!

She did ask if Negasonic Teenage Warhead was Jubilee. I didn't hold it against her.

Still, I got her into Agent Carter and now I've got her interested in Deadpool's movie. I'll probably get her to see X-Men: Apocalypse too because she loves Storm. Woo!

I can see the Jubilee confusion smartass teenager, her power kind of looked like it exploded out of her hands.

Didn't Jubilee have some interaction with Deadpool back in the 90s? If not, they should have Jubilee and Deadpool interacting would have been hysterical

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

The title Deadpool makes it sound like a great romantic movie Lol. I loved the promo they aired during The Bachelor. 

I think they gave some hints of Vanessa being Copycat. In one trailer she says she's played a lot of roles in her life, damsel in distress was never one of them. 

Look at this brilliant billboard

Untitled_zpszpxmfiji.jpg

Edited by Sakura12

"Weren't you Green Lantern?"

Loved that scene, but even funnier was the one in the beginning, when Deadpool asked the kids "how many of [them] had taken a human life" and when he told little Wolverine that "puberty had him [him] hard."

Here's another clip, this time from Ryan Reynolds' interview with Conan O'Brien, which reveals that Conan & Deadpool actually know each other, complete with panda tears:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3akK3XvMHQ

Edited by DollEyes

Wolverine: Origins was terrible.  Green Lantern was terrible. 

It was irritating that Ryan Reynolds was being forced onto the general population even when the general population wanted to throw him back.  Stop trying to make Ryan Reynolds happen. 

I had no interest in Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool. 

Now, I'm all in.  I can't wait to see this movie.  Reynolds has a chance to prove himself.  He can be remembered as somebody other than that fat kid from XFiles. 

I can't help but like somebody who cares about ball cancer and boob cancer.

Deadpool - Ladies Listen | official Breast Cancer PSA (2016) Ryan Reynolds

• Love 1

It's really a matter of the right actor in the right role. Reynolds was horribly miscast as Green Lantern (they would have done better to get even one of those ruggedly wooden soap opera actors), but I can't think of anyone that would make a better Deadpool than he. It's casting perfection on the order of Patrick Stewart as Professor X or RDJ as Iron Man.

• Love 8

I am almost going to be sad when the movie comes out, as much as I am looking forward to seeing it. It means we wont be getting any more Deadpool commercials and ads! This is the best marketing campaign I have ever seen for a movie, I do not want it to end! 

• Love 7

It's really a matter of the right actor in the right role. Reynolds was horribly miscast as Green Lantern (they would have done better to get even one of those ruggedly wooden soap opera actors), but I can't think of anyone that would make a better Deadpool than he. It's casting perfection on the order of Patrick Stewart as Professor X or RDJ as Iron Man.

Green Lantern was poorly written, poorly directed. Wouldn't matter who got the role the movie was garbage.

Deadpool is also in an Esurance ad, rescuing a cat from a tree, proving that he's not only a humanitarian, he's an animal lover.

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/AO8s/esurance-sweepstakes-passing-the-ballExcept that isn't Ryan Reynolds though. 

I'm aiming to see it on Friday, because I don't have much of a life. I'm hoping this wouldn't be another blow to Ryan Reynolds' career like Green Lantern. Also, writer Joe Kelly is going to be doing a signing on Wednesday at one of the shops I frequent, and I'm going to get the latest issue of Spider-Man/Deadpool autographed.

ETA: For anybody new to the character of Deadpool, I would suggest reading the stories that Kelly wrote. He had a 33-issue run, not counting various specials. I think he was the guy who created Ajax and Blind Al (as a sarcastic lookalike of May Parker).

• Love 1

If the early response is any indication, there are not only plans for a sequel, star Ryan Reynolds wants Deadpool to have a boyfriend in it:

http://www.newnownext.com/ryan-reynolds-wants-deadpool-to-have-a-boyfriend-in-the-sequel/02/2016/

I think that's a great idea. Like I said before, Deadpool's pansexuality is canon and it should be treated that way, haters be damned. News flash, fanboys: comic books aren't just for straight, teenage boys and superheroes/superhero movies shouldn't be, either.

• Love 5

Lol!!

They will still do it though. But then these are the parents that buy games for their kids like Grand Theft Auto and act all outraged when they watch it played. Yeah I think the content descriptors on the box and the title should have warned you off. 

I wish I could remember the guy who did a horror movie based on his experience as a video rental clerk explaining to a mom that the movie with the title death of, blood, guts or what ever is probably not something you want a child to see. There was some very specific title that you made you think that people should be put on mandatory birth control and only allowed to have children after a battery of tests had been gone through.