Type keyword(s) to search

Deadpool (2016)

• Start Topic

(edited)

"You are hard to look at... you look like Freddy Kreuger face fucked a topographical mask of Utah... you look like an avocado had sex with an older avocado."

"Don't make the super suit green! Or animated!"

This is going to be insane.

Edited by Dandesun
  • Love 3

Ryan said an official version or something will come out in three weeks when the fx work is done. 

Also don't forget calling Colossus "chrome cock gobbler".

Negasonic Teenage Warhead is admitted to be named after a song by Monster Magnet. In fact here is the official music video. 

The fact that Colossus is in this kind of blows my mind. It's just... really? Colossus? And he's got a young ward? What is that even about? (Please throw in a line about his demon sorceress sister; please throw in a line about his demon sorceress sister; please throw in a line about his demon sorceress sister.)

Deadpool has had many encounters with the x-men and various affiliated teams for years. Obviously they are changing some details of his history and the other characters. After all Negasonic is different then her comic book counterpart.

One of the best animated portrayals of Deadpool was in the second part of Hulk Versus. First part Hulk Versus Thor was not that great. But Hulk Versus Wolverine was LOL awesome. You also have to watch through the credits for a special hilarious ending scene. 

Also word is they are trying to get a Wolverine cameo in the film. Hopefully it will be something like this tumblr_m4syyuZ9Uj1qhgdxpo1_1280.jpg

Well, Deadpool started in X-Force, this I know. But I don't really recall him interacting with Colossus all that much. Cable? Oh yes. Logan? Yes again. He had quite the crush on Siryn for awhile, too. But Piotr popping up in the Deadpool movie turned me for a loop. 

Curious but certainly not a dealbreaker.

(edited)

Colossus is an odd choice to be with Deadpool, that's for sure.  Cable would make the most sense.  But it doesn't bother me.

I'm fairly new to reading Deadpool.  I never really read X-Force when I first started following comics (although X-Men were always my favorite) and then I didn't follow comics for many years.  My first extended introduction to the character was as part of Rick Remander's Uncanny X-Force series and his work made me a fan of the character.  Gerry Dugan's run has made me an even bigger fan and I can't wait for this film.  Very apprecative of the fact they made it R rated.

Edited by benteen

Cable would make the most sense

Cable is coming in the upcoming? titled X-Force movie.  

Having Cable appear in Deadpool would cause too much confusion to a lot of people so Colossus for the short straw of a mutant to tie into the x-men universe makes sense. 

It's funny because Colossus was a main-stay in the X-books from his inception. He was a solid presence for years until the Seige Perilous deus ex machina that sent the remaining members of the Australia team scattered to the wind... but even there he returned not too long after (as opposed to Dazzler who had one issue and then disappeared for ages with only a guest spot here and there) to be part of the big reshuffle.

But it's been so long now that he's been a major part of the books that I guess I understand why he got shuffled to the side to be 'character that connects Deadpool to the X-Universe but doesn't take anything away from the main movies.' Or something.

Piotr popping up in the Deadpool movie turned me for a loop. 

Curious but certainly not a dealbreaker.

I did a double-take when he popped up, as I somehow managed to not hear about him being in this film. Nice surprise, though. He looks freaking huge, too. I kind of dig his look in Singer's films, but I'm not opposed to a more accurate comic look either.

Between how good Ryan Reynolds looked at Comic-Con and the swearing he did within the first 30 seconds of the Deadpool panel, if this thread could have a subtitle, my suggestion would be "Talk Dirty To Me, Ryan."

• Love 1

Based on Quicksilver in the last X-Men movie they'll probably make him an unemployed steelworker from Pittsburgh.

Viral marketing material for DOFP original timeline made Colossus a Russian baby who had been exposed to Chernobyl fallout. 

Pretty good. Better than I expected, even. However, that's Andre Tricoteux as Colossus, not Daniel Cudmore. Was Cudmore busy? Or is it a height thing? According to IMDB, Reynolds is 1.88M, Cudmore is 1.98, while Tricoteux is 2.1. When you have Colossus, you really want someone colossal.

Interestingly, Tricoteux and Cudmore are both in the Warcraft movie. I wonder if they talked about it.

Pretty good. Better than I expected, even. However, that's Andre Tricoteux as Colossus, not Daniel Cudmore. Was Cudmore busy? Or is it a height thing? According to IMDB, Reynolds is 1.88M, Cudmore is 1.98, while Tricoteux is 2.1. When you have Colossus, you really want someone colossal.

Interestingly, Tricoteux and Cudmore are both in the Warcraft movie. I wonder if they talked about it.

Miller says they offered the role to Cudmore, but he turned it down: http://www.empireonline.com/features/deadpool-trailer-breakdown/

He also says that if they do a sequel, he wants Cable in there.

Edited by ApathyMonger
  • Love 1

They actually toned down what Wade looks like.  In the comics, his face and entire body is closer to Freddy Kruegar.

But who cares, that trailer was GREAT!  I can't wait to see this film next year.

Deadpool is pansexual. The fanboys may not like that.

Fuck the fanboys. Deadpool's pansexuality is canon & the film should treat it accordingly whether the fanboys like it or not & the ones who don't aren't real fans in the first place, as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 7

"Woah. I so pity the dude who pressures her into Prom sex".

Amazing.

EDIT: Here's a YouTube link for the Red Band trailer. Language warning, obviously.

Edit 2: Hey, this board automatically embeds YouTube video links. Didn't know that.

Neat.

Edited by Last Time Lord
  • Love 1

Wait, isn't Negasonic Teenage Warhead supposed to be a telepath?

She is also dead in the comics and wore white paint on her face and hands when alive. Also dressed like a goth. The movie is using the name of a minor character and making her a different mutant. 

I do love when marketing actually gets the point of the movie. It seems so rare.

I think Ryan Reynolds, Marvel comics got together and planned out the marketing. Much like RDJ as Tony Stark we have an actor who gets the character they play.