Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

If you hated the idea of Nazis  (I like how everyone on the poster is someone who would have been targeted by the Nazis)

https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign/fight-hate-and-give-back

5a2223d528014_900x600.png

Sometimes the events of real life are too closely reflected in the stories being told on programs we choose to watch on tv. The events in the US (like Charlottesville and the 2016 election result), Poland and Germany have highlighted the rise of extreme far right hate groups and ideologies that are a direct threat to the safety of people we may know and love. 

On tv, The Arrowverse held its annual crossover event involving Arrow, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow, and The Flash wherein the heroes (both masked and unmasked) battled against Nazis from Earth-X. It is because of the events of this crossover, that I personally saw how much we, as a society, still needs to grow and learn.  

While we are all inspired by different things, what inspired me the most from this crossover was seeing Felicity Smoak, a Jewish woman, stand up against a Nazi in order to protect Kara Danvers, “The Girl of Steel”. Felicity showed strength, courage, and stood up against hate.   

My inspiration led to this crowdfund to help the Anne Frank Center for Mutual Respect (https://annefrank.com/ ) stand up against hate and help educate people across North America as to the ramifications of the Holocaust, genocide, and the virulent hatred that accompanies Antisemitism. And while my inspiration is Felicity Smoak, yours could be  John Diggle, Iris West, Sara Lance, Wally West, Alex Danvers, or a myriad of other characters in DCTV who would’ve been affected by the Nazis and the Holocaust.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 13
29 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

If you hated the idea of Nazis  (I like how everyone on the poster is someone who would have been targeted by the Nazis)

Yup! :) That was the point of it. And even though a Latino like Cisco himself wouldn't realistically have been in Germany in the 1940s, if he were, he still wouldn't have fared well there, thus the reason for his inclusion.

Hope people can donate :)

• Love 2

"Women of Arrow" panel (KL, JH, WH) at HVFF-San Jose on Sunday - no real spoilers...

Heroes & Villains Fan Fest San Jose 2017: Women of Arrow Panel
Published on Dec 4, 2017, by steven alvarez

7 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Guys I read somewhere in Twitter that Olicity is trademarked?

Is that true????

I did a search of the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office's online trademark database for "olicity" and found 2 results; however, both results are for trademarking "olicity" as a brand name for toys...
https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks-application-process/search-trademark-database 
(scroll down to "Search Trademarks" button and then follow steps)

From what I understand, the same trademark can be registered for different types of products/services by different companies in different industries.

Of course, there are individual state trademark laws as well. There may also be trademark laws in other countries.

Edited by tv echo
7 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Guys I read somewhere in Twitter that Olicity is trademarked?

Is that true????

WB is now selling Olicity merchandise at Hot Topics, I would assume they now own that name if they are selling Arrow merchandise with Olicity on it at Hot Topics 

1 hour ago, Cleanqueen said:

WB is now selling Olicity merchandise at Hot Topics, I would assume they now own that name if they are selling Arrow merchandise with Olicity on it at Hot Topics 

Wait, really? Do you know what they're selling, because I'll have to go to a Hot Topic if that's true.

Edited by lemotomato
15 minutes ago, Kymmi said:

Is NTA a thing??

No. Or at least the noobs are trying to make it so. Started at HVFF Atlanta, I believe. RG was the first person I saw use it. 

Speaking of RG, wow, he got the cast to speak up for him on such a nothing tweet. Where was this outrage over AK? 

• Love 14

Defending a co-worker is a lot different then having to address a co-worker who is being accused and under investigation for sexual harassment and was their boss. Im sure he wasn't happy about the AK situation and they dealt with it properly imo.

10 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Speaking of RG, wow, he got the cast to speak up for him on such a nothing tweet. Where was this outrage over AK? 

I'm not sure if I'm missing something but that tweet seems to be a seriously out of proportion response. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 9
7 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I'm not sure if I'm missing something but that tweet seems to be a seriously out of proportion response. 

Very. You would think the way everybody is giving character defense that RG was called out as a predator or something. 

• Love 7

I'm sorry but I find this ridiculous. His comments, imo, were problematic. He could have clarified what he meant, especially since I saw a lot of people with the same concerns as her, but he went full man baby. To me, that tells me he either feels guilty over something, or he's not the ally he claims to be. Having the cast come for that one fan, that didn't insult him is disgusting. I already don't like SA, so nothing he does surprises me but the rest I am side-eyeing so hard. I had no issues with Rick, I hate Rene, but Rick was fine. I actually liked him in Coach Carter, but now I can't stand him and I hope he gets killed off the show. With all the vitriol, threats, and insults that Emily, Katie, and other women have dealt with he looks like a delicate snowflake. And all over someone saying his comments sounded like he was defending ak.

Also, as a publicist, I wanna shake the person bts that's allowing these things to go on.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 20

Actor gives interview, twitter person misunderstood his meaning and attacked him. No asking for clarification, no attempt at discourse just straight up attacked him. 

And the actor, his friends/cast mates who defend him are wrong?

• Love 9

Oh boy. 

I didn't care for his answer but I still feel the intention was good and it was poorly worded. Poorly enough that I understand why some people have a problem. 

But I don't get this. I don't understand this response to this particular tweet. It wasn't nice and I can see it being unnecessary but it wasn't this full on attack. Nowhere near the scope that the other cast members have faced. I feel like I'm missing something.

• Love 16
37 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Actor gives interview, twitter person misunderstood his meaning and attacked him. No asking for clarification, no attempt at discourse just straight up attacked him. 

And the actor, his friends/cast mates who defend him are wrong?

I don't think she attacked him. Could she have been nicer? Sure. But instead of blocking her or clarifying things, he made her a target. I'm sorry but it's really hard to looks past that. This seems to be a thing with men on twitter, and as a woman, I am tired of seeing  it happen. But that's just my opinion. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, JJ928 said:

I'm sorry but I find this ridiculous. His comments, imo, were problematic. He could have clarified what he meant, especially since I saw a lot of people with the same concerns as her, but he went full man baby. To me, that tells me he either feels guilty over something, or he's not the ally he claims to be. Having the cast come for that one fan, that didn't insult him is disgusting. I already don't like SA, so nothing he does surprises me but the rest I am side-eyeing so hard. I had no issues with Rick, I hate Rene, but Rick was fine. I actually liked him in Coach Carter, but now I can't stand him and I hope he gets killed off the show. With all the vitriol, threats, and insults that Emily, Katie, and other women have dealt with he looks like a delicate snowflake. And all over someone saying his comments sounded like he was defending ak.

Also, as a publicist, I wanna shake the person bts that's allowing these things to go on.

??????

It must be nice to be a man and have men and women rush to your aid when you are the victim of absolutely nothing. I have to say I’m jealous.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
  • Love 22

I thought RG's answer was a result of him not expecting that question about AK and it was poorly worded. I give him the benefit of the doubt there. But I have to admit this sudden outpouring of support for him from every cast member seems a little strange to me. This has never happened before, has it? I really don't remember. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I thought RG's answer was a result of him not expecting that question about AK and it was poorly worded. I give him the benefit of the doubt there. But I have to admit this sudden outpouring of support for him from every cast member seems a little strange to me. This has never happened before, has it? I really don't remember. 

Maybe they're extra sensitive to this subject right now? They don't want any person who poorly words a response about AK to be thought as someone who is 'complicit' so if someone says they are not allies, then they'll jump on it.

• Love 3
Just now, WindofChange said:

Maybe they're extra sensitive to this subject right now? They don't want any person who poorly words a response about AK to be thought as someone who is 'complicit' so if someone says they are not allies, then they'll jump on it.

Yeah, probably. I mean, I'm not saying it's bad or anything! Supporting their co-worker is always a good thing. I was just kinda surprised that they all jumped to speak up suddenly when they're mostly always mute. Haha.

3 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

I'm surprised that they don't have her on block instead of coming back time after time. 

But are we really surprised that SA would jump in? 

LOL - good point.  Oh, Stephen (not with regards to anything, but he strikes me as more of a Steve)

I agree that it's kinda weird how they all jumped on this to defend him when there's been way worse examples of hate they ignored.I don't think he meant for his answer to come across as the fan accused him of,imo it was kinda poorly worded because he was caught of guard or something.It could be that they're all extra sensitive about the topic and Rick was the first one asked about it in a interview and it seems at least judging by SA's tweet that they already had experience with this particular fan that made them defensive.But I do think it's kinda too much.

• Love 1

Being so defensive when that woman quoted his words, didn’t make up anything, makes them all look like they could work on being allies, not only RG imo. They collectively tried to silence a woman that was questioning if RG wanted women to come forward or shut up.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, JJ928 said:

Right? It's nuts. I'm all for actors having free reign of their social media, but it's like they have had zero media/SM training sometimes. Even the fact that he gave that interview answer puzzles me. Personally I thought it was pretty good for what was clearly an off-the-cuff response, but why was it off-the-cuff in the first place? How in the world do you not have something more coherent prepared if you are in any way associated with the CW right now? The AK situation was a big story and will be (and should be) asked about in interviews for weeks to come. Being unprepped at this point (a month after it first broke) is inconceivable to me.

I think the cast pile on is almost entirely due to the person who complained. She's said some pretty terrible things to them before and they are all well aware of her so I think the source of the complaint is what got everyone's back up. But 99% of the people reading the cast's tweets wouldn't know that. It just looks like they're going after a woman who pointed out a possibly problematic answer. When you're a verified account with millions of followers, how do you not consider the optics before tweeting? 

• Love 7

You can listen to Keren Deberg's song, "Your Eyes, Open" (played when Oliver first spots Felicity entering the reception with her parents) - just click on instagram pic...

or listen to the full song here...
https://www.kerendeberg.com/your-eyes-open

YOUR EYES, OPEN

changing times
new beginnings
gentle sight
perfect feelings
something’s changed
something’s strange
something from deep inside
everything's unknown
unfamilar ways
nothing stays the same

and your eyes, open
for the first time
and i see that, moment
all of my life
and i, won’t forget the way
your look in the light
when your eyes, open
for the first time

clean and pure
unmarked journey
welcomed smile
always learning
all new wants
all new dreams
all new love and desires
everything’s unknown
unfamiliar ways
nothing stays the same

(source)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

YOUR EYES, OPEN

changing times
new beginnings
gentle sight
perfect feelings
something’s changed
something’s strange
something from deep inside
everything's unknown
unfamilar ways
nothing stays the same

and your eyes, open
for the first time
and i see that, moment
all of my life
and i, won’t forget the way
your look in the light
when your eyes, open
for the first time

clean and pure
unmarked journey
welcomed smile
always learning
all new wants
all new dreams
all new love and desires
everything’s unknown
unfamiliar ways
nothing stays the same

(source)

Um, is this about having a baby? Cause this song sounds like it's about a baby....

• Love 1