Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

This is a sincere question:  How is painting a BC/GA mural going to be a charitable contribution?  I've seen a lot of neat graffiti that manages to be art, but I don't think it's commissioned to raise money for a nonprofit or civic organization.

I'm sure there is a domestic abuse shelter/advocacy group that would love a donation on behalf of the Black Canary, but I get the sense that the reddit group care more about making a public mark then raising money for charity.

I went over and looked at Reddit to try to figure out the charitable motive of the mural and find it enormously funny that almost every post is about a) Felicity is a psychopath who should die, or b) Arrow should be cancelled (mostly because Felicity is a psychopath who should die).

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

I'm sure there is a domestic abuse shelter/advocacy group that would love a donation on behalf of the Black Canary, but I get the sense that the reddit group care more about making a public mark then raising money for charity.

The primary motivating factor seems to be combating the sub's reputation (even though in some of the charity posts there was commentary on how the bench should/would be vandalized, LOL). So, I think they both want a landmark like the bench, and think they need one in order to garner attention to the "cause"? IDK.

38 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

I went over and looked at Reddit to try to figure out the charitable motive of the mural and find it enormously funny that almost every post is about a) Felicity is a psychopath who should die, or b) Arrow should be cancelled (mostly because Felicity is a psychopath who should die).

They are nothing if not singularly focused, haha. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, thegirlsleuth said:

This is a sincere question:  How is painting a BC/GA mural going to be a charitable contribution?  I've seen a lot of neat graffiti that manages to be art, but I don't think it's commissioned to raise money for a nonprofit or civic organization.

I think that's the point @apinknightmare was trying to make, that the Reddit sub users want to create a GA/BC public monument to rival the Olicity bench without straight up copying them but haven't actually made any suggestions about how that actually benefits a charity ala the park bench which is an acknowledgement of money raised for the upkeep of the park for the enjoyment of residents and wildlife etc, not the point of it.

They basically want the media/SA and KC and MG to visit and comment on the statue/mural to "prove" GA/BC which means it has to be tangible and not just a donation to a woman's shelter on behalf of BC fans, even though that would be legit awesome for them to do. 

Or basically what @apinknightmare said themselves. ;) 

Re BIB, I can't make any sense of why they keep calling Felicity a psychopath, I don't get it. And they've been doing it since way before Havenrock and the wedding interruption which was "wrose than Nazis". It goes way beyond anything that's actually appeared on screen or can be inferred. I many not like some of Team Arrow but I don't think any of them have been psychopaths, even S1 Oliver. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 8
43 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

Re BIB, I can't make any sense of why they keep calling Felicity a psychopath, I don't get it. And they've been doing it since way before Havenrock and the wedding interruption which was "wrose than Nazis". It goes way beyond anything that's actually appeared on screen or can be inferred. I many not like some of Team Arrow but I don't think any of them have been psychopaths, even S1 Oliver. 

As near as I can tell, there seems to be a contest to see who can hate her the most, which results in Felicity's mistakes/stupid moves taking on an almost mythical proportion.  

• Love 2
On 12/26/2017 at 7:18 AM, BkWurm1 said:

I see Reddit is done with its Punisher impersonation and is back to being just Arrow.  Though if you look it up, it's officially called "Greg Berlanti Ruined Arrow"  They REALLY didn't like Olicity getting married, did they, lol.  

Didn't they also once changed their forum to Daredevil? They are always throwing some sort of fit about Arrow but they always end up coming back. So childish. 

• Love 2

It seems to lack imagination. If you want to honour the Black Canary,  set up a fund to help women who have been abused to help them start new lives, or for girls to have self-defense lessons. But it's not about the Black Canary,  it's about fighting Olicity.

On 12/26/2017 at 4:34 PM, thegirlsleuth said:

As near as I can tell, there seems to be a contest to see who can hate her the most, which results in Felicity's mistakes/stupid moves taking on an almost mythical proportion.  

I'm tempted to say that anything that makes Felicity mythical....

• Love 5

When ever the Olicity fandom do something charitable, after acting jealous, Reddit always talks up doing their own charitable fundraiser but then raise nothing/organise nothing because it would involve putting energy into it that's currently being spent attacking Felicity/Olicity/fans. I don't expect this time to be any different. If they actually make a contribution more power to them at least their OTT anger will be doing some good for a change and I might even donate, but I'm not holding my breath that a crowdrise fund will even eventuate. 

• Love 1

Flashback Friday - video of "Arrow Recording Session" from May 2012...

Award winning composer Blake Neely is joined by executive producers and co-writers Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim at the legendary Warner Bros. Eastwood Scoring Stage for the Arrow scoring session. They discuss their collaborative efforts for the new superhero series. Neely recorded the score for Arrow with a full 80 piece orchestra.

Arrow premieres on the CW on Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 8:00PM.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

A reddit list that pissed me off too much not to share.  It's an insightful glimpse into how facts are never just the facts. 

Bad things that Felicity has done that no one seems to care about (in the Arrowverse)

Badmouthed Moira at her wake

Dated Ray despite being in love with someone else, breaks up with him after Ray has fallen for her, and seizes his private jet so she can have sex with her ex

Outed Barry as the Flash to Malcolm Merlyn

Tried to convince Ray to abandon the thousands of dying people in Starling City so he can rescue her boyfriend

Ruined Ray’s company and legacy by spending company money towards purchasing cocaine and financing her boyfriend's mayoral campaign

Lied to Oliver about helping the team when they were both retired

Treated Oliver with hostility for accepting dinner with her mother and offering to help her

In an aborted timeline, she irrationally breaks up with Oliver right before he does battle with an immortal assassin, indirectly contributing to the destruction of Central City

(Break-up Reason: Oliver doesn't tell Felicity about an 8-year old child Oliver's just learned he's the father. She insinuates he doesn't trust her.)

Sexistly assumed Lance did something wrong "because you're a man" when Donna is upset.

Broke up with Oliver for an irrational reason while he’s in an emotionally vulnerable state having just sent away his only son

(Break-up Reason: Oliver didn't tell Felicity about his son because the mother requested no one would know in exchange for visitation rights. She insinuates he doesn't trust her, and also puts him at fault for not including her in the decision of William's future.)

Packs up Oliver’s things without telling him and seizes his sister's loft, leaving him homeless

Behaves immaturely and unprofessionally in the field after breaking up with Oliver

Refused to testify against Damien Darhk because she recently broke up with Oliver

Denounced Oliver's training methods of inexperienced recruits, thereby undermining his authority over them

Lied to her boyfriend, Billy Malone, about working with the Green Arrow despite ending an engagement for dishonesty

Redirected a nuke to Havenrock, killing tens of thousands of people

Ordered a hit on Black Siren in direct defiance of Oliver’s standing command

Let Black Siren free when Felicity believes that she is a dangerous villain

Betrayed Team Arrow to aid Helix in breaking a notorious cyber criminal from an A.R.G.U.S. black site

Blatantly lied saying to Oliver that she "always backs his play even when she doesn’t agree with it". She uses this lie to redirect blame from her betrayal to Team Arrow towards Oliver.

Used Oliver for sex, post break-up, knowing that he's still in love with her

Slaps Curtis for thinking about vomiting

Without telling her business partner, she defrauds her investors by using the money meant for the company start-up to post bond for her boyfriend

Made a scene at Barry and Iris’ rehearsal dinner

Interrupted Barry and Iris’ wedding so she could propose to and wed her boyfriend at the same time

Surveilled her business partner Curtis, and fellow teammates Rene and Dinah

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4

This is great. I want to debunk them all. A good third of them were actually called out or resolved in-show (debunking the whole "no one seems to care about" thing), a portion of them were life/death situations, a few were for jokes, a few were hyperbole, and some are just flat out wrong.

• Love 7

The decision to use Havenrock as a plot point was one of the worst choices the show ever made. It added yet another trauma on Felicity after a season where she got shot and paralyzed, was lied to by her fiancee which lead to a broken engagement, had to deal with her deadbeat dad showing up to try to steal from her, and got fired from the job she'd shown more dedication to than the last 2 men that had the job before her. With the exception of 411 to deal with her paralysis, she didn't get any time onscreen to emotionally deal with any of it. And then the show ignored the implications and fallout of Havenrock except to mention it as part of Ragman's backstory in the next season.

• Love 23
3 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

The decision to use Havenrock as a plot point was one of the worst choices the show ever made. It added yet another trauma on Felicity after a season where she got shot and paralyzed, was lied to by her fiancee which lead to a broken engagement, had to deal with her deadbeat dad showing up to try to steal from her, and got fired from the job she'd shown more dedication to than the last 2 men that had the job before her. With the exception of 411 to deal with her paralysis, she didn't get any time onscreen to emotionally deal with any of it. And then the show ignored the implications and fallout of Havenrock except to mention it as part of Ragman's backstory in the next season.

Yep. Then Felicity wanted to fly the nuke out of Russia on a suicide mission and that was never addressed because the only person who knew was Rory and they sent him off at the end of the episode. And had Oliver think that talking to Diggle meant that everything was fixed with Felicity too after Rory had told him that he thought Felicity had gone too far. 

• Love 13
48 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

A reddit list that pissed me off too much not to share.  It's an insightful glimpse into how facts are never just the facts. 

You're doing really well over there putting your point across, I'm not sure I could do it. Reddit seems to have completely gone off the deep end lately. They've been anti Felicity and Olicity for ages but every single topic on the first few pages seems to be about Olicity or how Felicity is the worst character in the history of fiction and must die 1000 deaths and being insanely rude to anyone who can't add yet another "crime" to her list. Oh and under Laurel's "crimes" are "killed off for Felicity" and "looked a bit silly doing Canary cry" Oliver's and Digg's are 90% Felicity based as well. 

I seriously don't get half of them, they have no basis in the show, especially the one where she's supposedly abusive to Oliver? When? Disagreeing or arguing is not abuse and Oliver is perfectly capable of standing up for himself. 

Barry and the rest of Team Flash have outed themselves to villains about 1000 times now and Barry told all of Team Flash Felicity worked with the Arrow so even if that was an actual complaint it's been invalidated by Barry himself almost every ep. 

As for the BMD I don't think any of the posters who claim Oliver was 100% in the right to keep the kid a secret would feel the same way if their husband/wife suddenly had a child they'd known about before you were married but not told them about. 

Blame squarely on Oliver for this, he was the one pushing her to talk about it when it was clearly going to be a bigger conversation than he'd thought. 

I really wish they'd have either not done Havenrock or actually explored it more than as a Duh, Duh, Duh! for Rory's story. It ended up going nowhere and now it's just a weight around the character's neck without actually being insightful or interesting but it wasn't her fault, no one else could redirect the missile to spare everyone either and it was DD who launched the missiles. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1

Just read through the reddit list and wow:

Ruined Ray’s company and legacy by spending company money towards purchasing cocaine and financing her boyfriend's mayoral campaign

1) That was for a team mission, and if she hadn't given them the money, people would probably say "how dare she interfere with a team mission." 2) All she did was provide the money, it wasn't her idea.

Packs up Oliver’s things without telling him and seizes his sister's loft, leaving him homeless

This was just done oddly. Everyone thought she was moving out and then it turned out he did and it's not like he didn't know considering he was talking about the movers. Instead, it actually ended up looking like Oliver left Felicity to pack up his stuff, so, uh, not on her at all. 

Behaves immaturely and unprofessionally in the field after breaking up with Oliver

When exactly? When she was forced to go along with a fake wedding that she didn't want to do and no one considered her feelings? 

Refused to testify against Damien Darhk because she recently broke up with Oliver

But she didn't refuse to testify? All she did was inform Laurel that she and Oliver were no longer together so she couldn't testify as his fiancee.

Surveilled her business partner Curtis, and fellow teammates Rene and Dinah

Wasn't just Felicity. And was completely justified.

• Love 6

Barry and the rest of Team Flash have outed themselves to villains about 1000 times now and Barry told all of Team Flash Felicity worked with the Arrow so even if that was an actual complaint it's been invalidated by Barry himself almost every ep.

On top of all that, Malcolm knowing about Barry had zero consequences for Barry.  And Malcolm is dead now so it's completely irrelevant.   

The other one that really annoys me (all of them do really) is Felicity being evil because she said to her close friend something about not liking Moira.  It's sooo incredibly not an important moment.  She didn't curse, she didn't make a scene, she didn't make anything up, she was actually crying at the funeral (so from an appearance sake she was extra honoring Moiria) and no one but Diggle heard her saying anything negative. But this moment that caused zero harm to anyone is regularly touted as proof of her being heartless. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

Bad things that Felicity has done that no one seems to care about (in the Arrowverse)

Badmouthed Moira at her wake

Dated Ray despite being in love with someone else, breaks up with him after Ray has fallen for her, and seizes his private jet so she can have sex with her ex

Tried to convince Ray to abandon the thousands of dying people in Starling City so he can rescue her boyfriend

Lied to Oliver about helping the team when they were both retired

Treated Oliver with hostility for accepting dinner with her mother and offering to help her

In an aborted timeline, she irrationally breaks up with Oliver right before he does battle with an immortal assassin, indirectly contributing to the destruction of Central City

(Break-up Reason: Oliver doesn't tell Felicity about an 8-year old child Oliver's just learned he's the father. She insinuates he doesn't trust her.)

Sexistly assumed Lance did something wrong "because you're a man" when Donna is upset.

Broke up with Oliver for an irrational reason while he’s in an emotionally vulnerable state having just sent away his only son

(Break-up Reason: Oliver didn't tell Felicity about his son because the mother requested no one would know in exchange for visitation rights. She insinuates he doesn't trust her, and also puts him at fault for not including her in the decision of William's future.)

Denounced Oliver's training methods of inexperienced recruits, thereby undermining his authority over them

Lied to her boyfriend, Billy Malone, about working with the Green Arrow despite ending an engagement for dishonesty

Redirected a nuke to Havenrock, killing tens of thousands of people

Ordered a hit on Black Siren in direct defiance of Oliver’s standing command

Let Black Siren free when Felicity believes that she is a dangerous villain

Betrayed Team Arrow to aid Helix in breaking a notorious cyber criminal from an A.R.G.U.S. black site

Blatantly lied saying to Oliver that she "always backs his play even when she doesn’t agree with it". She uses this lie to redirect blame from her betrayal to Team Arrow towards Oliver.

Used Oliver for sex, post break-up, knowing that he's still in love with her

Slaps Curtis for thinking about vomiting

Without telling her business partner, she defrauds her investors by using the money meant for the company start-up to post bond for her boyfriend

Interrupted Barry and Iris’ wedding so she could propose to and wed her boyfriend at the same time

Surveilled her business partner Curtis, and fellow teammates Rene and Dinah2

Oh this debunking will be fun AND easy:

Bad things that Felicity has done that no one seems to care about (in the Arrowverse: )

Badmouthed Moira at her wake: 

--I don't remember this happening. I do remember that Moira threatened Felicity when she discovered she was complicit in Walter's disappearance and she was frosty about Moira at her wake. My Queen Moira was no innocent and super shady.

Dated Ray despite being in love with someone else, breaks up with him after Ray has fallen for her, and seizes his private jet so she can have sex with her ex:

-- wasn't 100% clear that she was still in love with Oliver. So because Ray fell for her, she had to stay with him, if she didn't return the feelings?  Ray offered the jet so they could go to Nanda Parbat IIRC. The sex was a bonus development not the intended reason for using the jet AFAIK.  

Outed Barry as the Flash to Malcolm Merlyn:

--Didn't Malcolm already know about Barry? I legit don't remember.  Even so, Barry outed Oliver to Team Flash...Fair play and all that?

Tried to convince Ray to abandon the thousands of dying people in Starling City so he can rescue her boyfriend:

--A desperate Felicity thought rescuing Oliver would also help save the city cause he was fighting Ra's Al Ghoul. But I could be wrong on that one. Also, Ray loaned her his suit anyway so...

--Say what? Wasn't Thea the one who went to buy the cocaine?

Lied to Oliver about helping the team when they were both retired:

-- Yes, she did because she didn't want to be retired and didn't want to drag Oliver into it again because he was happy being retired.  That is a horrible terrible sin against Oliver....

Treated Oliver with hostility for accepting dinner with her mother and offering to help her:

--Oliver knew that Felicity was having issues with her mother and he went behind Felicity's back IIRC. So yeah, kind of silly on Felicity's part. Also Oliver wasn't respecting Felicity's position on that either.  It's a wash.

In an aborted timeline, she irrationally breaks up with Oliver right before he does battle with an immortal assassin, indirectly contributing to the destruction of Central City:

--Are they REALLY counting an aborted timeline against Felicity? Really?

Umm, it's not an insinuation. It's a fact. He didn't trust her enough to tell her. Whether that's right or wrong is another matter, but that is the fact. He could have told her from the jump but he didn't

Sexistly assumed Lance did something wrong "because you're a man" when Donna is upset: 

Damaged viewpoint because she saw what her father did to them and that Oliver was being secretive about William. Not fair but IMO not based out of sexism. It was her wrongfully projecting her issues onto Lance. 

Broke up with Oliver for an irrational reason while he’s in an emotionally vulnerable state having just sent away his only son: 

Is it irrational because you think your partner doesn't trust you enough to tell you about his son? Nah, that's not irrational. It's EMOTIONAL, but not irrational IMO

Again, not insinuation. He didn't show her trust.

Packs up Oliver’s things without telling him and seizes his sister's loft, leaving him homeless: 

--LOL No.

Behaves immaturely and unprofessionally in the field after breaking up with Oliver:

--How? When?

Refused to testify against Damien Darhk because she recently broke up with Oliver:

--What? When did that happen? I don't remember this at all.

Denounced Oliver's training methods of inexperienced recruits, thereby undermining his authority over them:

Nope. She was advising him that he was not allowing them to see the real Oliver who is the one they would need to trust. That's literally not undermining him. That's her reminding him of why the training wasn't working.

Lied to her boyfriend, Billy Malone, about working with the Green Arrow despite ending an engagement for dishonesty:

Curtis was lying to his husband and everyone lies to everyone about working with the Green Arrow.  Billy and Felicity were not engaged, did not have a long term relationship. Not remotely the same thing. But nice try.

Redirected a nuke to Havenrock, killing tens of thousands of people:

Redirected a nuke to a location that was going to kill thousands instead of millions of people. Really this is the most ridiculous out of line condemnation. Instead of celebrating that she saved millions they condemn her for the thousands that sadly, were killed. 

Ordered a hit on Black Siren in direct defiance of Oliver’s standing command:

Because Oliver was being an idiot about Black Siren and Felicity was right. And Black Siren should be long dead. She's a villain and their enemy. 

Let Black Siren free when Felicity believes that she is a dangerous villain:

But wait, I thought they were mad that she ordered a hit and now they are mad that she let her go? Regardless, she let her go because she put a tracker on her. It was intentional to see who BS was working with.

Betrayed Team Arrow to aid Helix in breaking a notorious cyber criminal from an A.R.G.U.S. black site:

She used them to get data to free Diggle from military prison and to get data on Bratva that helped prove Adrian Chase was Prometheus.  Good grief. This isn't hard you reddit numbnuts.

Blatantly lied saying to Oliver that she "always backs his play even when she doesn’t agree with it". She uses this lie to redirect blame from her betrayal to Team Arrow towards Oliver:

She actually does generally back his play. Things change.  What betrayal?

Used Oliver for sex, post break-up, knowing that he's still in love with her:

LOL WAT? Oliver knew what the score was. He could have said no. She didn't make him any promises. Poor douchey Oliver being used for sex. Turnabout?

Slaps Curtis for thinking about vomiting:

Wasn't that because he was freaking out and she needed his head in the game? But still slapping Curtis is okay by me. Yes, I'm an awful person

Without telling her business partner, she defrauds her investors by using the money meant for the company start-up to post bond for her boyfriend:

I literally have no idea what this is about. Is this the cocaine deal Thea made? Help me remember, peeps

Made a scene at Barry and Iris’ rehearsal dinner:

That's on Oliver. He was not picking up on her cues that were pretty clear when she was saying no. She had the outburst and Oliver was the cause.

Interrupted Barry and Iris’ wedding so she could propose to and wed her boyfriend at the same time:

NOPE. NOPE NOPE.  The actual wedding was interrupted by Nazis.  Felicity interrupted the impromptu ceremony that she facilitated in the first place when she told them that Diggle was an ordained minister, who Barry then basically kidnapped and brought to the park to marry them.  No harm, no foul. It amazes me how no one remembers that without Felicity, they don't get married in that park AT ALL and it would have been the JoP. so stupid

Surveilled her business partner Curtis, and fellow teammates Rene and Dinah2:

Yup, because they were up to shenanigans. And on BTW, that was sanctioned by Oliver and Diggle too. So that's not on Felicity.

ETA: HOLY MOTHER OF CRAP those people live in an alternate world made of strawmen, moveable goalposts and alternative facts.  YIKES.

Edited by catrox14
edited for clarity
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Is Reddits likes and dislikes really social media?

This category also includes everything else, not news and it's a form of social media about Arrow.  Made sense to me.     

On 12/29/2017 at 0:52 PM, catrox14 said:

That's on Oliver. He was not picking up on her cues that were pretty clear when she was saying no. She had the outburst and Oliver was the cause.

Eh.  I'd say it's on both of them.  Oliver should have stopped pushing once she asked to talk about it later, but Felicity shouldn't have yelled it out like that.  Some might say that she yelled because Oliver wasn't taking no for an answer and she got frustrated, but she could have helped the situation by not starting her response with, "No, yes, no".  I think that whole thing started with Oliver being confused and Felicity being a little anxious to shut it down and avoid the subject, and snowballed from there.  I'd put them equally at fault.

• Love 1

I think Oliver is more to blame because after the awkward "no, yes, no" Felicity asked if they could talk about it later, clearly aware that it was not the place or time to be having such an important conversation. (She was trying to shut it down, but if I were Felicity I wouldn't want to be having a serious talk about my insecurities about marriage at my friend's rehearsal dinner either.) Oliver kept pushing, which lead to her outburst. 

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 9

I feel bad for both of them to be honest!

My husband would be like Felicity and not want to discuss the stuff right there and calmly say "Let's talk about this later" but I would be like Oliver and HAVE to know right then and there (and solve the problem or have a plan right away too) or I'd obsess about it. I don't blame either of them! 

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 3
On 12/29/2017 at 10:52 AM, catrox14 said:

I literally have no idea what this is about. Is this the cocaine deal Thea made? Help me remember, peeps

No, this was after Oliver was arrested for murder, etc. after Rene outed him to the FBI.  Felicity went behind Curtis's back and used the start-up money for the company that she and Curtis were developing to post Oliver's bail without telling Curtis until after the fact.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I've pre-ordered my copy of Arrow: Fatal Legacies (Season 5.5) from Amazon (to be released Jan. 30). It'll be interesting to read what happened between seasons.

I didn’t preorder this one because I’m concerned over how much the newbies (which I have zero interest in) will be in it. I love the last two books, but this is written by MG ?... Hope it’s good.

Edited by JJ928

To be fair, the Amazon site updated and showed that MG only did the story and another guy is actually writing it. Then again, it also just mentions that Sara appears and Dinah takes the BC mantle and "the rest hit the streets again," which ok could be interesting, but I'm not getting an Arrow book for Sara and Dinah and they should know that.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I don't understand? What's bullshit? 

That his daughter is growing up. I thought it was funny.  He was holding her as a little infant and 3 or 4 years later, she's getting almost too big for him to hold easily now.  It made me laugh TBH

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Hiveminder said:

Eh.  I'd say it's on both of them.  Oliver should have stopped pushing once she asked to talk about it later, but Felicity shouldn't have yelled it out like that.  Some might say that she yelled because Oliver wasn't taking no for an answer and she got frustrated, but she could have helped the situation by not starting her response with, "No, yes, no".  I think that whole thing started with Oliver being confused and Felicity being a little anxious to shut it down and avoid the subject, and snowballed from there.  I'd put them equally at fault.

Felicity was able to clarify that and then gently tried to shut it down. But Oliver was insistent, saying he physically couldn't talk about anything else. So yeah, that whole thing was on Oliver, as much as I love the doofus for really wanting to marry the love of his life.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, way2interested said:

To be fair, the Amazon site updated and showed that MG only did the story and another guy is actually writing it. Then again, it also just mentions that Sara appears and Dinah takes the BC mantle and "the rest hit the streets again," which ok could be interesting, but I'm not getting an Arrow book for Sara and Dinah and they should know that.

Ugh, really? I just had a flashback to the summer when promotion was all about Dinah and BS, and occasionally Oliver, William and Slade. The flashback was almost as bad as the S4 flashbacks with the girl whose name I can never remember. 

I've still got hopes for the book and it'll probably still have stuff good and bad in it, I just thought it was weird how they changed the description just for Sara and Dinah, they didn't even include Oliver in it for some reason. I still loved the 2.5 comics, so I'm thinking it's going to be along the lines of that (with both its exciting and boring parts).

3 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Felicity was able to clarify that and then gently tried to shut it down. But Oliver was insistent, saying he physically couldn't talk about anything else. So yeah, that whole thing was on Oliver, as much as I love the doofus for really wanting to marry the love of his life.

I'm just saying, she didn't have to shout it out like that.  Saying she didn't want to marry him in a normal tone of voice and then walking away if necessary would have shut it down effectively.  Like I said, I get that she was frustrated, but I also get that Oliver was legitimately confused.  I think they're both at fault for causing a scene.  

Curtis caused a scene at the wedding reception when he got drunk and then made a toast insulting marriage and love and thereby insulting Oliver and Felicity*. I don't see Oliver and Felicity having a mostly private fight as causing a scene. Felicity probably didn't need to snap like she did but at the same time Oliver kept pushing the point despite Felicity's obvious discomfort at getting into it in that setting.

*Funny that those hypersensitive writers and fans obsessed with proper etiquette didn't moan or write articles about how Curtis is a selfish bitch like they implied Felicity was for hijacking Olicitys wedding reception. ?

• Love 23
36 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

I'm just saying, she didn't have to shout it out like that.  Saying she didn't want to marry him in a normal tone of voice and then walking away if necessary would have shut it down effectively.  Like I said, I get that she was frustrated, but I also get that Oliver was legitimately confused.  I think they're both at fault for causing a scene.  

I very much doubt she wanted to shout it out, you could see she was shocked that she did and got really flustered after and was actually rather apologetic to Oliver with the soft caress before she left. But we'll just have to agree to disagree on this. 

• Love 13