Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I don't understand what's going on ... were people pissed with his expression? Or the DCTV part?

The King and Queen part I believe from a quick glance at Twitter earlier.  The comic book purist crowd (including apparently someone who draws for the GA comic book) were not pleased - and were implying that neither was SA based on his expression.

Kudos to whoever got SA in the bunny outfit and kudos to him for being such a good sport about it. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Justin Hartley a is just so beautiful. I will for over resent them not casting him for Ray.

Yikes!  That would have given me nightmares .  I would have been sure it was Smallville all over again, where my fav ends up with Hartley.  

3 hours ago, Soulfire said:

The photo he asked about --

I take this exchange as confirmation his expression wasn't an indication of personal negative feelings for the pose.  Not that in looking at the picture that would be my first thought anyway.  What the backstory was is still a mystery, but we've seen his involuntary dying inside and nope faces enough to assume this is something different at least, lol.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Yikes!  That would have given me nightmares .  I would have been sure it was Smallville all over again, where my fav ends up with Hartley.  

Oh Raylicity (with Justin Hartley) would have totally given Olicity a run for it's money (for me anyway). ??

He's just so damn pretty, plus he's got massive amounts of charisma.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Oh Raylicity (with Justin Hartley) would have totally given Olicity a run for it's money (for me anyway). ??

Ray would have been so very different.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

9 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Piggybacking off of this, I’d stopped watching Smallville by the time Justin Hartley came along, but now I kind of want to see an earth where Felicity is married to the Green Arrow- but he’s played by JH.

• Love 1

Men of Arrow panel (MB, RG, EK) at HVFF-San Jose yesterday...

Heroes & Villains Fan Fest San Jose 2017: Men Of Arrow Panel
Published on Dec 2, 2017, by steven alvarez

-- That beginning was uncomfortable. It seemed like they had to cut short their discussion of the Crisis on Earth-X crossover because Manu Bennett wasn't in it. They then quickly switched to talking about Slade Wilson. Manu then talked some about Slade on Arrow.

-- On which of their characters would last longer in a fight against Slade, the panel joked around but finally indicated that Wild Dog would last longer than Mr. Terrific.

-- On who was their favorite character to work with on Arrow and on the crossover, Echo Kellum: "I mean, I always love working with Emily Bett, um... Through her character is where Curtis came into the scene at Palmer Tech, and I just remember how warm and welcoming and open she was to me from the first second I stepped on stage, and made me feel like I was a part of the show from the beginning, you know. So that will always have a special place in my heart. And the first day I worked was actually her birthday too, so [some unintelligible words] she turned 24 - she's so young, it makes me mad. Um, but, you know, it was just - that's been one of the best things in the world - just coming on the first time and feeling like part of the team, and there was a lot of Emily Bett who did that. And then the rest of the cast were just like that too, and I got to work with them too. As far as the crossover, I love working with Grant. He's such a great dude." Rick Gonzalez picked Paul Blackthorne as his fave to work with on Arrow and Melissa Benoist as his fave to work with on the crossover. Manu Bennett then praised Caity Lotz. The same female fan who asked this question then attempted to ask another question about EK's sexuality (she basically was monopolizing the panel at this point), but Manu cut off the panel from answering and said, "that's two questions... moving on," and went on to pick another audience member (doing the mod's job for him).

-- Male fan then asked Manu if he could get up on stage and learn to do the haka with him, but MB said that it was a three-member panel and he didn't want to monopolize the stage, so he promised to do it with the fan later.

-- Mod at this point finally did his job and told the audience that it was one question each.

-- MB then responded to a female fan's question about how his dance background helped or hurt him in acting (it helped him).

-- Male fan (sounded like kid or teen) asked Rick how he would describe Wild Dog's relationship with Felicity as of this moment in the show. RG: "I think, uh, his relationship with Felicity is, uh, not a great - it's gotten strained a little bit. I think that - (Manu jokingly interjected, "That's what she said.") - I left myself open for that one. Um, he doesn't exactly get along with, uh - he doesn't hate her, he doesn't dislike her. I mean, I think he just, uh, looks at her as someone who, you know, uh, who believes everything that Oliver feels is right in terms of how he handles the team and, um, she echoes those sentiments. And I think that frustrates Wild Dog in some ways because I think that Wild Dog has his own sensibility and idea of how things should be run for the team. And, uh, I mean that strictly in terms of when Wild Dog's the field and, um, some of the choices that he has to make in the field. And I think, when he gets back to the bunker and there's these conversations happening, there's a frustration that she echoes from Oliver that kinda rubs off - rubs, you know, Wild Dog the wrong way. And I think a little frustration is there. But, needless to say, he does respect her and what she brings to the table."

-- MB told his story that he's told in other comic cons about his mother and brother dying in a car accident when he was young and how his worst enemy at the time came to visit him in the hospital and later became his good friend.

-- MB then had cute interaction with a kid fan (a little boy), who he brought up on stage.

-- Panel then responded to fan question of who they would want to be if they could be any character on any show. MB joking said Wild Dog. RG said he wanted to be a character on M*A*S*H or The Love Boat. EK said Kramer on Seinfeld. RG then said: "Okay, I think I can say this... We shot an episode that's coming up soon, and I literally told Echo - I said, 'I feel like you're Kramer walking into my place.' It was an amazing moment. It felt like a sit-com."

-- RG then responded to fan question about working on Arrow (he likes it).

-- On what superpower they would choose, EK picked shapeshifting. RG picked teleportation. MB picked "the ability to not drink mirakuru and lose my shit."

-- Male fan (sounded like kid) asked MB how he felt about Joe Manganiello playing Deathstroke. MB's response was gracious.

-- Male fan asked if there's a chance that Deathstroke might be in the Titans show. MB said that there's been no discussion.

-- Male fan (sounded like kid) asked about Grant Wilson. MB said that he's heard nothing. But he added that he could hear nothing for a year and then suddenly get a phone call from Arrow

Edited by tv echo

For the record, it's not just a question of comfort! Both the loft and the Arrow Cave get attacked by villains all the time, and everyone there should be prepared to run!

#EndHighHeelsInTheArrowCave2018

• Love 20
8 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

What did he say?

Paraphrasing, that he was trying to portray Oliver-X's love for Kara-X as pure as Oliver's love for Felicity.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

ETA: I didn't watch any videos so not sure exactly what he said. 

Edited by leopardprint

Murderous psychopaths in love, how pure. Right. TBH I don't think Overgirl was as in to him as him might have been trying to be into her. I'll be a bit generous and say that a lot of actors like to play different/evil versions of characters. E.g. It's the first time PB has had something different to do in years. 

Edited by Featherhat
spelling
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

SA's doing his job. The Nazi's were in love, and it is gross, but that's what the script called for. I would argue that Overgirl didn't love DA as much as he loved her, and that SA still has little to no romantic chemistry with anyone outside of EBR, but whatevs. He's said before, as has every actor playing a villain ever, it seems, that villains are the heroes of their own stories. And OG and DA are deady dead dead. 

Exactly my thoughts. He didn't write the script. He's not a producer. His job is to portray the relationship between them as he's being told it's about.  He's doing his job.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Soulfire said:

Regarding what was said --

I'm happy they booed him! Haha.

No offense, and I know he's an actor doing his job, but saying Nazi love is "pure" is incredibly problematic and completely ignoring people's issue with the whole thing, IMO. It's not about chemistry, fool (of which they had none but okay). ?

But whatever. I hope he shuts up about it now.  

This panel sounded kinda boring, IMO, but I'm loving all the pics. Thanks for sharing!

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, leopardprint said:

Paraphrasing, that he was trying to portray Oliver-X's love for Kara-X as pure as Oliver's love for Felicity.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

ETA: I didn't watch any videos so not sure exactly what he said. 

I don’t think he gets that it’s not a ship thing, it’s that they are Nazis. It’s pointless, he is never going to understand.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I just realised those dinosaurs are OTA dinosaurs! The Felicity one has a blonde wig and earrings! OMG!!!!!! The people in this fandom are so crazy and creative in the best of ways!!!!!!!

Even has red lip stick! So funny!

• Love 2

OTA panel at HVFF-San Jose from yesterday (warning: includes minor spoilers, which are transcribed in New Spoilers thread)...

Heroes & Villains Fan Fest San Jose 2017: Arrow Panel
Published on Dec 3, 2017, by steven alvarez

-- OTA first cut braids off of 10-year-old girl named Kaylee, who was donating her hair to Wigs for Kids.

-- Fan asked SA whether he'll do TMNT 3. SA said that he'd love to do it.

-- Fan asked how Oliver would feel if the Bullet Club (pro wrestling group at Ring of Honor) appeared as villains on Arrow. SA said that the Bullet Club was great, but that they would be "decimated within one episode... They would be the group that we would foil in Act 1 and then figure out what the real problem was." SA then added that if Cody Rhodes as Sampson would ever return to the show, then it would only make sense if he was surrounded by his group of Bullet Club friends.

-- Fan asked why Oliver and Barry didn't hug in the crossover, saying: "I've been waiting a year for that hug."  SA responded: "That is a tremendous question... I'll tell you what, I'll tell Grant this and we'll see if we can't interact something just for you personally." SA added: "During that whole scene, you know when - whenever Barry, like, picks up Diggle and then David vomits? ... He knows that I can't take it. I always break. So when you watch that episode - when you see both Emily and I look away, it's not because we're disgusted. It's because both of us are laughing." DR: "Yeah, I always get Stephen with that. He always enjoys that."

-- Fan asked how it was for SA to play a "pure villain" in the crossover. SA: "I enjoyed it a little too much... I mean, uh, I really liked playing that version of Oliver... Sorry, these feel like murky waters... To me, he's not the villain of his own story. I've heard people say that, you know. In his mind, what he's doing is right - Born into and indoctrinated into, he believes it. So, for me, the most important thing in playing that version of Oliver was that his love for Kara was as pure and as real as Good Oliver - or Earth-1 Oliver - good, murderer - I wanted to make sure that Dark Oliver's - uh, Dark Arrow's love for Overgirl was as pure as Oliver's love for Felicity... (Audience reacts negatively) ... Oh, get over yourselves... (EBR interjects, "Spoilers")...  I'm not saying that they have the same, you know, outcome or chemistry or, you know, likeability... (DR interjects, "Love that reaction")... I didn't set out to play him as evil... I just set out to play him with a different set of ideals."

-- Fan asked who they would revive from the Arrow past and why - who they would bring back. DR said Baby Sara, although he loves Baby John: "It's okay to have two kids." EBR said: "I'd take Janina or I'd take Celina back in a heartbeat. That would be amazing." SA said Tommy. He added that during the crossover, "we got a sneak peek at what Tommy would've been like as a villain, and, wow, that would've been incredible, really incredible." SA had assumed that it would be Josh Segarra playing Evil Prometheus, so when he read the script, he was "fired up."

-- Fan noted that everyone in the Arrowverse is always commenting on how attractive Oliver is, but she questioned why no one ever comments on how attractive Diggle is. (Huge audience applause.) DR: "I'll pay you later." Fan: "Your arms are the size of my head." DR: "I feel like a piece of meat and I like it." Mod suggested writing a scene where Oliver and Diggle are both working out, and Felicity and Lyla are watching and look at each other and go (makes hand gesture).

-- Fan asked where they started in their acting careers. SA started out in Toronto and did a bunch of jobs. He really started acting in high school. It took until he was almost age 30, when he was in L.A. full-time, when he got a job on NCIS: Miami, that led to other jobs which eventually took him to Arrow. DR was 14 when he saw his brother in a church play and he decided that he could do it and realized that you didn't have to get hit in football in order to get the girls. He fell in love with acting back in Detroit. EBR said that she grew up in a small town in Canada and just did some musical theater on the stage (mentions several musicals, Oliver!, Pippa Longstocking, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Peter Pan, Annie, Chicago) and never got a big enough part past chorus. Her parents were academics.

-- Fan asked EBR if she has a favorite Felicity outfit. EBR: "Pants. When she wears pants... I'm, like, look at all the things I can do... (Waves her legs around). I'm like running around the bunker... Season 1, there was a sweater - when we were all in Big Belly Burger for the first time, she wore this sweater that had a bear on it and we never saw it again... She was wearing pants in that scene... And there's the dress with, like,  the triangle (touches her collarbone area), which is like very comic book, um, cutout. And, um, I'm trying to think." SA then said: "Whenever we're shooting a scene that's in either the loft or Oliver's apartment, you'll always hear Emily, especially if she's there, she'd be like, 'well, Felicity would be barefoot right now, right?' And the director's like, 'ehhhh, I wanted you to wear the shoes.'" EBR chimes in, "- wear heels in your own apartment.' Girl has never worn heels in her own apartment."

-- Fan asked SA if he has ever wished he was Oliver Queen in real life. SA: "Remember back in Season 1? Season 2? When he was a billionaire? Take away all the emotional baggage and the vast assortment of crimes against humanity, then yes. Thank you very much for your question."

-- Fan said that it was her birthday. SA asked everyone with a birthday that day to stand up and then OTA sang happy birthday to all of them.

-- Fan asked if there was more back story to EBR's doppelganger in the crossover. EBR: "So, I feel like this doppelganger of Felicity just needed a little more, um, life. I don't know if she'll get it. I don't have - I don't have much for you. I was really happy that she made an appearance because I wasn't sure if she was going to. It was sort of like a couple snippets in the crossover. It was one of my favorite scenes, most exhausting scene... Um, but I wish I had more for you. I really do. I think what she was going through was absolutely terrifying... and there was just a lot of - I don't know, fear and, oh, just this sort of tragic scenarios... I really feel for her and I really hope that she made it out." SA: "Normally when we're on set, even if it's tough stuff that we're filming, we are able to interact. We didn't interact at the time that day. Emily was in a -" EBR: "Corner. Dark closet... really dark closet, right before my mark. That was a very secret [unintelligible word] corner. I really miss that." SA: "Wore pants." EBR: "Oh my god, pants. Again."

-- Fan asked who was their favorite Marvel superhero and why. EBR said Chloe Bennet. SA said Iron Man, mostly because of "Robert Downey Jr.'s portrayal." DR said Moon Knight.

-- Fan asked who they would switch characters with on Arrow. Panel was temporarily stumped. Then EBR said Neal McDonough. SA said that he'd like to be Prometheus. DR said Slade. EBR noted that they all chose villains.

-- SA said that one of the great ad libs was in S4 when Curtis was talking and PB just ad libbed, "Shut up, Curtis!"

-- Fan asked when Batman would appear in the Arrowverse. SA said that he didn't know. He then talked about next year's crossover and how they can't surpass this year's crossover in terms of scaleability. So he suggested introducing a new DC character that's very popular, like maybe DR as a Green Lantern doppelganger. (Audience cheered.) Same fan then brought up KC's absence from the con because of the death of her father, David Cassidy. SA said that they feel for her and that KC's been back on set and as professional as ever. Same fan then asked if the Teen Titans show would be part of the Arrowverse. SA said that he hoped not because he can't cross over on another show.

-- Fan asked why they didn't just call Barry to help them whenever their characters are facing off against a villain. DR: "That's an awesome question." EBR: "Creative license... He's busy. He's getting married. With us." DR added that it was a great question and why not call someone who can move faster than light. Mod said that then their show would just be them sitting around. EBR: "Sign me up." SA: "Tremendous idea. Next week on Arrow. Diggle and Felicity and Oliver play cards [against humanity?]." DR: "Yeah. Sign me up."

-- Fan (a teacher) asked for the name and superpower of a superhero who could fight alcohol addiction. DR said that that "superhero" is already represented by Quentin Lance, as played by PB. SA talked about meeting everyday people who fight this addiction and that you don't need a superhero name to be a superhero. EBR said that superheroes need to be based in reality. SA: "How about Captain Tranquility? ... But don't do Captain Tranq for short, though."

-- Fan asked what DC Univese character they would be. SA said Jimmy Olsen, "just to mix it up." DR said Darkseid. EBR: "I'd like to be the Batgirl."

-- Fan asked if any of them has any interesting scars in real life. SA said that, when he was three and a half, someone spilled industrial drain cleaner in an underground parking lot and he slipped in it. So he had a 4th degree chemical burn on his left leg and, when he was a little kid, he had a scar on that leg from his knee to his ankle. He went to a children's hospital and got a skin graft. SA: "Doctors did a wonderful job." EBR said that she only noticed it a couple months ago. DR said that, when he was around 5, he fell on a rock and now has a scar under his chin. EBR said, "I was a no good teen," and indicated that she has an "inch long" scar on the outside of her right knee, which looks like someone drew a black line with a pen. She said that it happened when she was "running away from some law enforcers" when she was 14 and "it was rocky on a beach" and she slipped and fell on a rock. She was with her two best friends and they sneaked back into her friend's house, where she washed the cut with iodine. She added that her mom hates that story.

-- Fan asked DR and EBR if they could beat SA's time on Celebrity Ninja Warrior. SA: "It's not about time." EBR: "Stephen, you tell me. Could I beat your time?" SA: "If I ever bet against any physical endeavor or undertaking - if I ever bet against you, I would go broke. So, yeah, probably."

-- Fan challenged SA to an archery contest because the comic con had nerf archery set up. SA said that he'd do it if he has some time later.

-- Fan asked SA if he'd want to be GA in the Justice League sequel. SA said that he'd like to be in the sequel in order to hang out with Jason Momoa, but that he was "so happy" with his current role in the DC universe. Whoever they cast to play GA in the next version, it didn't matter to him.

-- Fan asked that, if it was up to EBR, what would Felicity's startup project be. EBR said that it would always be the chip in her back. There wasn't enough time before to deal with Felicity's paralysis.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
On 12/2/2017 at 6:52 PM, SmallScreenDiva said:

RME. See if he really wanted to piss off people, he should have gone for the gleeful expression. Now you're just handing material to haters, IMO.

even if he went for a gleeful expression they would have found a way to twist it..."oh he's faking it, he's being forced to do it"

This should be interesting. Would love to see photos. I already predict that reddit is having a meltdown.

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

even if he went for a gleeful expression they would have found a way to twist it..."oh he's faking it, he's being forced to do it"

True, but at least they would have been way obvious about twisting it. I don't even get why that Otto dude was commenting. The sign said DCTV ... he's comics. 

I hope SA posts pics of him and EBR sitting on that bench. I want some fanboy tears, LOL!

That's an amazing project the Olicity fandom did. Say whatever about it but it's a damn generous fandom, if you ask me.

• Love 9