Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Colton's Instagram pics made me irrationally exuberant.

ETA: Jinx, @lemotomato! ?

Right?? I'm grinning like a crazy person. They all look so happy. Reminds me of 411, when Stephen/Oliver was practically beaming in every scene with Colton/Roy.

• Love 5

Oh my god, I couldn’t stand Roy when he was on the show (mostly bc I think CH is an awful actor), but the terrible newbies make me miss him so much. Why can’t we have this team back and get rid of the others? ?

Arrow writer Sarah Tarkoff recently had a novel published ("Sinless") - here's some background info on her and her new book...

Wexford native Sarah Tarkoff's debut novel pulls no punches
REGE BEHE | Friday, Dec. 29, 2017, 8:57 p.m.
http://triblive.com/aande/books/13100524-74/wexford-native-sarah-tarkoffs-debut-novel-pulls-no-punches

Sarah Tarkoff didn't shy away from contentious ideas for her debut novel.

“Sinless,” (Harper Voyager, $15.99) explores the intersection between science and religion by way of a young girl, Grace Luther, who finds herself in the middle of an ethical dilemma in the year 2031: Does Grace follow the Great Spirit, a catch-all designation that has united the world's religions and made its followers perfect human specimens? Or does she join an underground movement that defies the status quo?

Tarkoff, a Wexford native who lives in Los Angeles and writes for the TV show “Arrow,” was inspired by a modern literary master.
Tarkoff, a 2005 graduate of North Allegheny High School, attended the University of Southern California where she studied screenwriting. After graduating from USC, she worked as personal assistant for production companies in Los Angeles “getting coffee,” before being employed as a script coordinator for television series including “Gossip Girl,” “Jane the Virgin,” “Mistresses” and “Arrow.” Tarkoff parlayed those experiences into full-time writing gigs with the animated series “Vixen” and “The Ray” and “Mistresses” and “Arrow,” where she now works.

Writing for television helped Tarkoff develop the fast-paced and breathless style of “Sinless.”

“Screenwriting is the basic fundamentals of storytelling,” she says. “So the way you translate it is you want to have characters who want something very badly, and there are obstacles and the stakes are high. You build from there.”

The plot for “Sinless” grew out of a pitch Tarkoff worked on for a company that specializes in changing people's appearances in effects-heavy films. She reworked that concept to a religion where appearances change depending on fidelity to the Great Spirit; the faithful are beautiful, the unbelievers are misshapen and deformed.
Tarkoff thinks the sci-fi genre, which originally featured male perspectives and ideas save for rare exceptions such as Ursula K. Le Guin and Anne McCaffrey, offers countless opportunities for storytelling.

“To me there's so much more you can do with science fiction,” Tarkoff says. “There are more kinds of stories that you can tell. Stories that are based on relationships, stories that are based on science, and I think those stories are more attractive to young women. There's a huge resurgence in female driven science fiction like 'The Hunger Games' Three's so much being done in that space, specifically for young women. I hope that this next generation is going to grow up with an appreciation for the genre.”

Edited by tv echo
7 minutes ago, Wishing Well said:

Lol when I saw the Instagram this morning I said they were going to be late hahaha 

I was so proud of myself for squeezing all the way up to the front so I could sob in front of EBR, no wonder why nobody was there

You should follow the #hvff tag on twitter to keep track of what's going on. She's at her autograph booth right now if you want to meet her

26 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Looks like they were filming late last night and only flew into Portland this morning. According to twitter Stephen arrived at the con at around 10:30.

Yeah, and Stephen tweeted that they were fighting a headwind that was slowing their flight.

Also, Cassandra's facial expression in that picture is me. As soon as I saw Stephen's picture of their plane, I was like, "nope!" I love jets, but tiny planes terrify me. Glad they all made it safely!

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

You should follow the #hvff tag on twitter to keep track of what's going on. She's at her autograph booth right now if you want to meet her

I just saw her

She looks like she's still in costume to be honest, the Felicity glasses and grey sweater are still on. 

Anyways I saw her and my acne is clearing as we speak.  We are waiting to meet Melinda May rn but we are going to hit up Josh Segarra, Manu, and then make our way to the loooooong line at EBR. 

• Love 5

The free stuff question is "what was Oliver and Felicity's first date!"

which one of you is running this

"what's your favorite Oliver moment of this season"

WHEN HE AND FELICITY GET MARRIED

ok serious WHICH ONE OF YOU DID THIS

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Wishing Well said:

The free stuff question is "what was Oliver and Felicity's first date!"

which one of you is running this

"what's your favorite Oliver moment of this season"

WHEN HE AND FELICITY GET MARRIED

ok serious WHICH ONE OF YOU DID THIS

EBR at a con is still a hot commodity.  They know their audience, lol.  

• Love 2

Stephen is here!  He apologized for being late, they were on a teeny plane with DR, EBR, and Emily's friend.   They got diverted to Bellingham, WA and had to clear customs and were NOT supposed to get off the plane but they did and got yelled at by the customs lady. Someone screamed and Stephen pointed at them and said "THAT WAS EMILY SCREAMING SHE HAD TO PEE".   

The customs lady then told SA she loves his show.  

First question is for marriage advice lol

• Love 7

Most awkward moment on set: he is mentioning about how he used to be very high strung and particular and in s2 he hated phones going off on arrow and then in NYC during TMNT it was yelling.  Then on Arrow a phone went off and he apparently bitched out whoever it was but it was him.

Which Marvel hero you wanna be: Iron Man bc he wants Oliver to be rich again

There's a scene coming up where Oliver and William discussing suiting up.

"He's in like, grade 6!  What's he gonna do? Lord over the school?"

HELP SOMEONE JUST ASKED IF LAUREL LIVED WOULD THEY BE TOGETHER AND HE GAVE A HARD NO.

He says that in the Arrow mythos, it's always Canary and Oliver.  

But in the TV mythos it will always be Oliver and Felicity no matter what happened with Laurel

then he congratulated himself for how he answered the question

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, Soulfire said:

BOOOM. I love Stephen. He's just not having the games anymore. He can't say it anymore clearly here LOL

LOL this was really cute.

It just made me laugh that there was Dinolicity LOL

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Also, why would anyone think Oliver being depressed would be a thing this season??  Last year he hit lows but this year even when his sister was in a coma dude was remarkably balanced.  And now with the team broken up, he seems more mad, annoyed and disappointed than anywhere near depressed.  

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, tv echo said:

It's like a police interrogation of a suspect. They hope that, if they ask enough times, the answer will change.

Lolz. Stop trying to make "fetch" happen, people.

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I wonder if they did basically go directly from the set to Portland.  I don't think I've ever seen EBR do her hair like that on her own.  I agree with whoever said it's Felicity hair.  

4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Lol those laurel questions! I'm surprised they haven't tried to use complicated wording to trick him into saying what they want?

I think SA has a built filter for  the word "Laurel" so regardless of the question iMO, he defaults to "NOPE"

• Love 14
43 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I think SA has a built filter for  the word "Laurel" so regardless of the question iMO, he defaults to "NOPE"

Even when he doesn't actually say "NOPE" out loud, he has a NOPE face. 

giphy.gif

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Even when he doesn't actually say "NOPE" out loud, he has a NOPE face. 

giphy.gif

LOL. It's like it's in his DNA to NOPE out on "Laurel".  It's hilarious to me. Can you imagine looking at the dailies from s1 and the editors are like, "What do you want us to do??? CGI a different reaction to Laurel? He has perma-NOPE face with her!!"

• Love 7