Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, olicityfan25 said:

I wonder if they made a point not to mention Emily at SDCC? Cause Stephen only mentioned her until the very end. Seems odd.

Other than the EW interview, which was their first of the day, it seemed like he either mentioned or was asked about her in every other interview of the day. So much so that it's been a running joke on Twitter for the past week.

There are also articles from multiple news outlets, like the one from US Weekly upthread and these. 

• Love 5

Those replies are gold. And just look at Dinah’s comments about Oliver, Felicity and William in the future and everything about Rene in the future. What does it say about those two that Laurel — a villain who got a half-assed redemption arc — is actually probably more loyal to Felicity (and therefore by extension to Oliver, if she feels like it probably, and Mia) than they are?

But sure, that’s a team, if “team” is defined as “a group of people who all wear masks and may be working together or trying to kill each other/sending one another to prison for life/swinging an axe at one of the others/etc. depending on the scene.”

• Love 8
(edited)
It doesn't look like GB was at the play, just at that dinner. Considering how incredibly busy GB is with his many TV and film projects in L.A. and Vancouver, it's significant that he took time out of his schedule to see EBR (even if, for some reason, he happened to be in NYC that day)...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

Arrowverse Video: The Casts of Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl Face Off in Pop Quiz!
By Matt Webb Mitovich and Andy Swift / July 31 2019
https://tvline.com/2019/07/31/arrow-flash-supergirl-legends-casts-quiz-video-arrowverse/

-- In response to the question of what is the name of Oliver & Felicity's daughter, someone on the Flash cast yelled, "Who's Felicity?" - which I thought was kinda disrespectful and not funny at all  However, Supergirl cast member Nicole Maines correctly responded, "Mia," adding that "Olicity is my OTP." 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, tv echo said:

Arrowverse Video: The Casts of Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl Face Off in Pop Quiz!
By Matt Webb Mitovich and Andy Swift / July 31 2019
https://tvline.com/2019/07/31/arrow-flash-supergirl-legends-casts-quiz-video-arrowverse/

-- In response to the question of what is the name of Oliver & Felicity's daughter, someone on the Flash cast yelled, "Who's Felicity?" - which I thought was kinda disrespectful and not funny at all  However, Supergirl cast member Nicole Maines correctly responded, "Mia," adding that "Olicity is my OTP." 

You thought that was disrespectful? I took it instantly as a joke.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Quark said:

It's a disrespectful joke.

Imagine if someone from the other casts making that same joke about Iris. Or Alex. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Quark said:

And it might have been a genuine question anyway; the actors aren't required to watch the other shows. I'm pretty sure that was Hartley Sawyer who said (not "yelled") that. He's the newest Flash cast member and has never even been in the same scene as Felicity/Rickards; so I can see how he wouldn't know her.

There was a shady comment in that video, but that wasn't it! 😉

1 hour ago, Trini said:

And it might have been a genuine question anyway; the actors aren't required to watch the other shows. I'm pretty sure that was Hartley Sawyer who said (not "yelled") that. He's the newest Flash cast member and has never even been in the same scene as Felicity/Rickards; so I can see how he wouldn't know her.

EBR and Hartley Sawyer shared a scene when Felicity crossed over for Iris's bachelorette episode. The scene got deleted, but they definitely worked with each other. Should've just stuck with the "it was a lousy joke" explanation.

image.png.f5af2f2d9dcfece118001fbf7383717a.png

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, lemotomato said:

It's a disrespectful joke.

Imagine if someone from the other casts making that same joke about Iris. Or Alex. 

It's still a joke and not the slightest bit disrespectful. 

So someone made out they didn't know who Felicity was, they weren't rude about her. 

Edited by Quark
  • Love 4

Stephen Amell
21 hrs ·

The August collaborator for @Nocking Point's Tastemakers' Club is... Me! Check out "Hiatus" Rosé, and "Turnaround" Mourvèdre, available now only inside The Tastemakers' Club. Quantity is very limited on these, so they may not be around for long... Your first box is always $10 off.

Use code: STEPHEN and take an additional $10 off. You'll get both of these for just $29 plus free shipping.

nockingpointwines.com/tastemakers-club

Edited by tv echo

Looks like lots of media interviews on August 4, which is The CW's day during the Television Critics Association (TCA) Summer Press Tour...

Edited by tv echo

Katie Cassidy Rodgers | Arrow Season 8 | Comic-Con 2019
Published on Aug 2, 2019, by KSiteTV

-- On what it was like finding out she was returning to Arrow a few years ago and now having to say goodbye again (because Arrow is ending), KC: "Honestly, when I was coming back, I was thrilled, because these are my people, my family. Uh, I didn't want to go. I understood from a producing and writing perspective why they'd kill off a main character, because it's a jumping off platform for the other main characters to react, you know, sends them into different storylines to react to that. So I understood it from that perspective, but coming back, it was awesome, because they brought back my doppelganger. Having to say goodbye for a second time sucks, um, because it's been like, uh, such an amazing, amazing, incredible ride, and I'm grateful for every single moment. And I'm lucky, we're all blessed, to have met one another and now, you know, it feels like family that hopefully we - we will forever be."

-- [Some spoilery comments (see Spoilers thread)]

-- On any final words for the fans who have loved Laurel all these years, KC: "Thank you. For- emotional, um, just thinking of - it's been such an amazing, uh, opportunity and such an amazing ride. And also we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you guys, so thank you for everything - and what's next?"

Edited by tv echo

From the TCA Summer 2019 Press Tour Schedule....
https://cbspressexpress.com/TCA/pdf/tca_summer_press_tour_2019.pdf

THE CW PRESS TOUR SCHEDULE
SUNDAY, AUGUST 4, 2019

The Beverly Hilton Hotel
9:30-10:00AM    THE CW EXECUTIVE SESSION
                            Mark Pedowitz, President, The CW
11:45AM-12:15PM    THE CW "ARROW" THE FINAL SEASON    
                                    Stephen Amell
                                    David Ramsey
                                    Beth Schwartz, Executive Producer
                                    Marc Guggenheim, Executive Producer

ETA: The CW is only doing show panels for Nancy Drew, Katy Keene, Arrow, Batwoman, All-American and Supernatural.

Edited by tv echo

I was probably over-cautious with the spoiler tags...

ARROW at TCA: Live-Blog
August 4, 2019 by Marisa Roffman   
http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2019/08/04/arrow-at-tca-live-blog/

11:57 AM: The panel starts with a note that Katie Cassidy isn’t here because she’s prepping to direct her first episode.

11:58 AM: “Please, God, I hope so,” Marc Guggenheim says about whether they’ve crafted an ending that will satisfy fans. “We’d much rather prefer to go out on a high note.”

Spoiler

11:59 AM: “We pick up a week later,” Beth Schwartz says of when the season premiere starts. Stephen Amell jokes it’s as long as his hair is between seasons, so about six weeks.

Spoiler

12:00 PM “It’s been really emotional,” Amell says. “Every episode this year feels like we’re trying to put a button on certain parts of the show.”

“This year is fundamentally different,” he continues. “The episodes are events. The show as we constructed it ended as Emily left.”

12:03 PM: “As we worked through the first season, we started thinking about it more and more as an ensemble,” Guggenheim says. He says the process was a “slow build,” as organic as possible. He notes they did it on a more accelerated pace than anticipated, though.

Spoiler

12:04 PM: How can there be a happy ending if Oliver might die? “I think when I read about this online, they’re thinking about things in a very binary way: things will either be X or Y. I think we have Z planned.”

Spoiler

12:05 PM: “I do a ton [of stunts],” Amell says. He did a big sequence last week.

Spoiler

12:06 PM: “We like to bring him back every season,” Schwartz says of Colin Donnell. “We have a lot of guest coming back…the whole season is like our greatest hits. We’re tying up stories you may have seen in season 3 or 2.”

12:07 PM: “David Nutter is the only one who had the foreshadowing it would be a hit,” David Ramsey says of memorable moments. Amell says his favorite episode was “Seeing Red,” where Moira dies.

12:10 PM: “I can’t get back in the wrestling ring—I risk divorce,” Amell jokes. He fractured his hip last go-round, and admits he had to call up the production team and admit he was an idiot and would still be available for the episode he needed to film.

Spoiler

12:11 PM: The crossover will be hour 8 of the series. “Ever since we started doing Crisis, it was how many different corners of the DC universe can we touch,” Guggenheim says. They want to get as many things, CW and not, involved. Ramsey is a “huge fan” of BLACK LIGHTNING and is excited to potentially work with them.

12:13 PM: “Stuff like that comes up all the time,” Guggenheim says of potentially having ARROW characters live on in other shows.

Spoiler

12:14 PM: “The space has been closed; Diggle is always on Oliver’s side,” Ramsey says of Oliver and Diggle. “The relationship gets even tighter…some of that reconciliation has happened.”

12:15 PM: Amell jokes he is taking the salmon ladder home after the series ends.

Spoiler

12:16 PM: “I’m fascinated by directing, but it’s more interesting to me to check in on Katie who had day 1 of her directing on Friday,” Amell says of whether he’ll direct.

12:18 PM: Ramsey says he found out a few years ago that his role on BLUE BLOODS is why he was hired as Diggle. But he doesn’t know if he’ll return.

12:19 PM: “ARROW has afforded me the opportunity to sift through materials and find what will help me be a better actor,” Ramsey says.

12:20 PM: “Working with these guys…this doesn’t happen,” Ramsey says. “[This franchise] doesn’t happen. And just the crossover. Growing up, I remember BIONIC WOMAN and SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN crossover and waiting for it to happen.”

“For me, I can’t really drill it down when it comes to David,” Amell says. “I remember a Friday, where we had 12, 13 pages of dialogue…David and I made a decision and were like, ‘Okay, let’s get this done.’ It was days like that that gave us the opportunity to go as big as we did.”

Edited by tv echo

Next weekend's comic cons (updated, with schedules)...

TerrifiCon, August 9-11, 2019 (Uncasville, CT)
John Barrowman (also John Wesley Shipp and DC writer/artist Mike Grell)
http://www.terrificon.com/media---cosplay-guests.html
http://www.terrificon.com/comic-book-artists---writers.html
Panel Schedule
-Fri. (8/9) at 7:30pm - John Barrowman's Fabulous Cabaret
-Sat. (8/10) at 5:30pm - John Barrowman Q&A
-Sun. (8/11) at 12:00pm - The Flash of Two Worlds with John Wesley Shipp

Steel City Con, August 9-11, 2019 (Monroeville, PA)
Ernie Hudson and Kelly Hu
https://www.steelcitycon.com/celebrities/
Event Schedule
-Fri. (8/9) at 7:00pm - Friday 13th Panel (incl. Kelly Hu)
-Sat. (8/10) at 1:00pm - Ernie Hudson Q&A

Return to the Gate: Atlantis Rising, August 9-10, 2019 (Sydney, Australia)
Return to the Gate: Atlantis Rising, August 11, 2019 (Melbourne, Australia)

David Nykl
https://thehubproductions.com/event/atlantis-rising/
-Sat. (8/10) at 2:30pm - Q&A Session with David Nykl & David Hewlett
-Sun. (8/11) at 2:30pm - Q&A Session with David Nykl & David Hewlett

Edited by tv echo

I am bit confused by them saying KC couldnt make the TCA because she was prepping for her debut. Since prep should be done by now. And didnt the clapper say first scene August 2nd.

And the fact its a holiday in British Columbia. 

8 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I am bit confused by them saying KC couldnt make the TCA because she was prepping for her debut. Since prep should be done by now. And didnt the clapper say first scene August 2nd.

And the fact its a holiday in British Columbia. 

It was a holiday and she did film her first day already, as stated by Stephen himself. I'm also 97% convinced that if Juliana and Rick were invited, they would have been there.