Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)

This fan's video includes a few segments from SA/DR panel at Supanova Sydney on June 22...

I LEFT THE GREEN ARROW SPEECHLESS-SUPANOVA 2019 VLOG
Published on Jun 22, 2019, by ENTERTAIN HOUSE

-- On who he would choose as the villain if they had another season of Arrow and it was up to him, SA (after a pause): "How about, um, like, Tommy from another Earth where he's like the Dark Archer? That'd be good. Is that o-kay?"

-- On the 150th episode, SA: "That was a blast... That felt a lot like a crossover actually."

-- DR: "How does he pee in the suit?"

-- DR: "More than anything else, and this is really the truth, you don't find shows where people, believe it or not, actually do care about each other and do like each other. It really is true. And, um, what I'm going to miss the most is working with this guy next to me. And he's been a joy to work with. Um, he has created this universe single-handedly and that really is the truth."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

This week and next weekend's cons/events (updated, with schedules)...

Supa-Friends in Melbourne, June 26, 2019 (AU)
Stephen Amell (also Robbie Amell and Italia Ricci)
https://www.facebook.com/events/447159979177130/
https://www.supanova.com.au/supanova-confirms-epic-arrow-fan-experiences/
-Wed. (6/26) at 5:30pm - Q&A with Stephen Amell, Robbie Amell and Italia Ricci

Code 8 premiere, June 27, 2019 (Perth, AU)
Stephen Amell
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Code8Movie/events/?ref=page_internal
-Thu. (6/27) at 7:00pm - Red Carpet Event-Perth

Supanova Perth, June 28-30, 2019 (AU)
Stephen Amell and David Ramsey (also Robbie Amell and Italia Ricci)
https://www.supanova.com.au/events/perth-2019/guests/
Event Programme
-Fri. (6/28) at 7:00pm - Arrowverse: Stephen Amell, Robbie Amell, David Ramsey and Italia Ricci
-Sat. (6/29) at 2:30pm - Stephen Amell and David Ramsey
-Sun. (6/30) at 1:00pm - Robbie Amell and Italia Ricci

Fan Fest-New Jersey, June 29-30, 2019
Rick Gonzalez, Juliana Harkavy, Katrina Law and Kirk Acevedo (also Danielle Panabaker, Danielle Nicolet, Hartley Sawyer, Tala Ashe, Matt Ryan and Nick Zano)
https://www.fanfestevents.com/newjersey/guests/
Schedule
-Sat. (6/29) at 2:00pm - Legends of Tomorrow (Tala Ashe, Nick Zano & Matt Ryan)
-Sat. (6/29) at 3:00pm - Kirk Acevedo
-Sat. (6/29) at 3:30pm - The Flash (Danielle Panabaker, Hartley Sawyer & Danielle Nicolet)
-Sun. (6/30) at 2:00pm - Arrow (Juliana Harkavy, Rick Gonzalez & Katrina Law)

The Hunters of Shadow 3, June  29-30, 2019 (Paris, France)
Katherine McNamara and Anna Hopkins
https://www.weventsproduction.fr/the-hunters-of-shadow-3-en
-No schedule posted yet.

The Sword Experience: King John's Castle, June 30, 2019 (Limerick, Ireland)
Adrian Paul
https://swordxp.com/event/ireland-king-johns-castle/
-Sun. (6/30) at 11:00am - Ireland: King John's Castle

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Neal Adams thinks Stephen Amell should smile more
Published on Jun 24, 2019, by Nerd Rage PH

As part of our #RoadtoToycon2019 series, here's our throwback interview with DC comics legend Neal Adams from last year's Toycon 2018, where we ask him about how Green Arrow's left-leaning ideology, and what he thinks of Stephen Amell's portrayal of the Emerald Archer.

-- On what he thinks of SA's portrayal of Green Arrow, Neal Adams: "It's not bad. He should smile more... Like, the idea of a Green Arrow is that he's like a - kind of a take-off of Robin Hood, who's sort of jocular. He should be smiling in the wrong places, you know, like, oh, it's serious and he suddenly smiles. You want to see him smile in a weird place, you know, where you go, 'why the hell is he smiling?' I just think that would add to the character. Outside of that, Stephen Amell is doing a great job. I mean, really, guys, c'mon, he looks great. He even acts - he knows how to act. And he does all this Neal Adams stuff, you know. And they borrow from Batman, you know - Ra's al Ghul, Nanda Parbat, and all the rest of that stuff. It's the Neal Adams show, really."

Edited by tv echo

Looks like Arrow is indeed getting a Comic-Con panel:

https://tvline.com/2019/06/24/comic-con-2019-schedule-tv-show-panels-dates/

SATURDAY, JULY 20

10:30 am Batwoman (The CW) | A screening of the pilot episode, followed by a Q&A; talent TBA. (Ballroom 20)

3:30 pm Arrow (The CW) | Special video presentation and Q&A; talent TBA. (Ballroom 20)

4:15 pm Supergirl (The CW) | Special video presentation and Q&A; talent TBA. (Ballroom 20)

5 pm Black Lightning (The CW) | Special video presentation and Q&A; talent TBA. (Ballroom 20)

5:45 pm The Flash (The CW) | Special video presentation and Q&A; talent TBA. (Ballroom 20)

7 pm DC Universe Sneak Previews | This two-hour event will include sneak peeks and first looks for Titans, Doom Patrol, the second half of Young Justice: Outsidersand the upcoming animated comedy Harley Quinn; talent TBA. (Indigo Ballroom)

(edited)

Farewell to Arrow and Supernatural: Fans attending Comic-Con will have their last chance to celebrate long-running hit series Arrow and Supernatural as they make their final appearances at SDCC: Arrow on Saturday in Ballroom 20 and Supernatural in its traditional Sunday slot in Hall H.

SAN DIEGO COMIC CON INTERNATIONAL, July 18-21, 2019 (CA)
Arrow cast/producers are expected to attend (SA has confirmed attendance).
https://www.comic-con.org/cci/
https://comiccon.thewb.com/
Schedule
-Sat. (7/20) at 10:30–11:45 a.m. Batwoman Pilot Screening and Q&A
-Sat. (7/20) at 3:30–4:15 p.m. Arrow Special Video Presentation and Q&A
-Sat. (7/20) at 4:15–5:00 p.m. Supergirl Special Video Presentation and Q&A
-Sat. (7/20) at 5:00–5:45 p.m. Black Lightning Special Video Presentation and Q&A
-Sat. (7/20) at 5:45–6:30 p.m. The Flash Special Video Presentation and Q&A 
-Sat. (7/20) at 7:00–9:00 p.m. DC UNIVERSE Series Sneak Previews and Q&A

ETA: I predict that LaMonica Garrett will be part of the Arrow panel.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

MB interview at Comic Con Ireland in Dublin on Saturday (June 22)...

COMIC CON DUBLIN MANU BENNETT
Published on Jun 22, 2019, by Weekend AM Virgin Media Television

-- MB: "Yeah, you now, my character, Deathstroke, I'm the one who taught Oliver Queen how to fight and, uh, had all the early - I'm like Darth Vader, you know what I - and he's like - but he's like Luke, my son. So we have this very tight relationship. We have sort of the fan favorite relationship. We're coming into the last season. I don't know, this is like a - producers give you a call and they say, 'hey, listen, we want to use you, and can you be here next week?' So, we'll see what happens." 

-- MB: "Well, these days the storyline can be leaked so quickly on social media that they like to keep everything completely quiet and, you know, because of my storyline, you know, as soon as they say anything or people would catch wind of it, it would be straight out there, you know... 'Deathstroke returns,' yeah."

-- In 2012, MB did a screen test with Angelina Jolie for Tomb Raider 2. MB: "You know, when I met Angelina Jolie, it was at Pinewood Studios in London. Uh, I went into a big studio like this and she walked into the far door and I was thinking to myself, like, 'don't say something stupid,' right? ... And I remember, she had the humility to leave the people behind that she was with and walk all the way across and say 'hello' to me. I found that - you know, most actresses wouldn't do that. Trust me. You got to do the hard work. (Laughs) ... It was just one of those things where ego is not involved, and she showed really great humility... I actually ended up breaking my wrist snowboarding, so I missed out on the role, which was like heartbreaking. But the outfit that she wore was actually a backpack. She had this very tight thing around her shoulders and that was actually a backpack... I don't want to talk too long, but 'hi, Angelina, too bad that we didn't get to work together.'"

-- MB described the current fantasy stories that are celebrated at comic cons as "modern mythology."

-- MB shared with the interviewer the Maori greeting known as the "hongi" (touch foreheads and breathe in at the same time).

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Video clip (3:37) from Supa-Friends in Melbourne (IR, RA, SA) on Jun. 26...

Supa-Friends in Melbourne
Published on Jun 26, 2019, by TheAKurtzman3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Johx3gk-YRc

-- SA told a funny anecdote about doing ADR for the "Flash vs. Arrow" crossover, where he was supposed to say, "Previously on Flash and Arrow," and he would keep saying, "Previously on Arrow and Flash."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

A short clip from this interview was previously posted in a tweet, but here's the fuller interview (from June 3)...

An Interview with Katherine McNamara and Luke Baines - Christchurch Armageddon Expo 2019
Published on Jun 27, 2019, by Armageddon Expo

-- On what it's like working on Arrow, KM: "It's incredible. I mean, that show has been such a standard and such a hallmark of this world of superhero television that it's a huge honor. You know, when I first auditioned, I didn't know I was auditioning to play their child. It was just supposed to be, you know, a rookie cop with a few episode arc. And then I get a call from the showrunner saying, 'oh, by the way, you're Olicity's child.' And I went, 'Huuhh? Can you say that one more time?' So I proceeded to watch the entire show. But I give the biggest credit to all of them on set, and the crew as well, because they welcomed me with open arms. I was the new kid on the block. I'm coming in, trying to pick up this legacy they've created and do justice to these characters that they've spent seven years - and this relationship that they've spent seven years building. And they've done it so well and that's why people respond to it so much. But the writers have really taken great care in crafting this character in such a lovely way."

-- KM: "You know, I haven't worked with Stephen yet expressly, but he's definitely taken on a fatherly role with me, which I very much appreciate. And working with Emily was an absolute dream. We're definitely going to miss her a lot. But, um, it's definitely friendships that are going to last quite a while."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Arrow/Arrowverse composer Blake Neely will be part of the "Musical Anatomy of a Superhero" panel at SDCC on July 18 at 11:30am...
https://deadline.com/2019/06/spider-man-far-from-home-composer-michael-giacchino-comic-con-film-composer-panel-1202639438/

EP Marc Guggenheim will (also) be part of the Carnival Row panel at SDCC on July 19 at 4:45pm...
https://sdccblog.com/2019/06/san-diego-comic-con-2019-list-of-announced-panels/

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

AccessReel's interview with DR at Supanova Perth yesterday (to be safe, I've spoiler-tagged anything remotely spoilerish)...

Vlog 2 – Supanova Comic-Con & Gaming 2019 – David Ramsey
Published on Jun 29, 2019, by AccessReel

-- DR: "We have been really inexplicably fortunate. And really, it's the truth. Like you said, Arrow started it all and, um, obviously, as you mentioned, the Berlantiverse began with Arrow. But, dare I say, many of the shows, even outside of the Berlantiverse - Gotham didn't exist. Marvel's Agents of SHIELD didn't exist." Interviewer: "You guys really set the trend." DR: "I think so. I mean, you can go even further with Daredevil and the other shows that appeared on Marvel - on television at least. Um, so I think Arrow really kinda set that trend and, um - but no one saw this coming. Yeah, I mean, this? No one could've called this. I mean, we were doing the show just hoping not to suck, really. You know what I mean? Just hoping it would be - I mean, it's tough to see it now, but Green Arrow in 2012 was really a - a B character. He wasn't an A character in the DC universe. It was Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman, you know? So Green Arrow was - I would even say Green Lantern was above Green Lantern at the time. But now, you know, you can't think of a DC on television without thinking of Green Arrow... It set the path for sure. So I know we're happy about it."

-- On the Arrowverse crossovers, DR: "Logistic madness... Right? Because you're trying to make all these schedules work. And, um, the first time we tried it with the first crossover, it was - it was pretty maddening. And it just got better and better. And now we're going into our eighth season. This crossover's gonna be five shows, more than other any cross - crossover, bigger than the other crossovers." Interviewer (laughing): "So it'll probably take you three months to shoot it?" DR: "Probably about three and a half."

-- On what he still wants for Diggle that hasn't happened yet, DR: "Well, I think we have to answer the question of what happens with this Green Lantern business. I think we just have to make a decision about that. We've teased it now for years, really. And, um, so I think we have to make a decision about that and I think this season we will."

-- On whether he knows how Arrow wraps up, DR: "Only pieces. And usually what's funny is that usually at the beginning of each season, we really do have an idea of where they want to go in terms of an arc. We have very little idea because they can do whatever they want this season. Ten shows, and every single episode is important."

-- Interviewer mentioned DR's having done other work, including roles in Nutty Professor, Con-Air and Dexter, and asked whether those prior opportunities helped him get into Arrow. DR: "Well, it actually did. One of those opportunities, um, really opened the door for Arrow. I was doing a show called Blue Bloods. It's still on the air with Tom Selleck and Donnie Wahlberg. Good show. And, um, I was playing the Mayor of New York on that show, and Greg Berlanti and his father watch that show every Friday. Just who knew, right? And for whatever reason, they - Greg saw that show and said, 'That's Diggle.' So they called me in and said, 'you know, you really don't have much to do in the pilot, but this guy, um, becomes Arrow's right-hand man and becomes very integral to the story.' And that's where it started. So Blue Bloods was a direct link to Arrow."

-- On which came first, his love of martial arts or acting, DR: "Well, it was acting because I fell in love with acting around 14 and I really fell into martial arts probably around 20, uh, 19 or 20 years old. So it was - it was acting first. But martial arts is - interesting enough, the choreographer - the fight choreographer on the show, um, studied the same art that I studied. So it was good when he and I first met each other. It was kind of a meeting of the minds. And, um, so he really let me show off a lot on the show.... And it was interesting, too, because he had a very clear idea of what Arrow was. Arrow was very balletic and elliptical, in - in terms of his movements, and, um, Diggle is a U.S. serviceman, so it was very straightforward. So we really had a real clear idea of how we wanted Diggle to look."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

This fan's vlog includes a few video clips of SA answering fan questions during the Supa-Friends in Melbourne panel on June 26...

Supa-Friends in Melbourne Vlog! *MEETING STEPHEN AMELL - THE GREEN ARROW!*
Premiered Jun 27, 2019, by Jordan Genovese
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtvRjWt_-D8

-- (Around 2:30 mark) SA described a typical day on the Arrow set.

-- SA commented about youtube channels being free.

-- SA went to see a 5:30 showing of Avengers: Endgame in Melbourne and fell asleep halfway through due to "comfy chairs" and having had a "glass of wine." He woke up to see "a scene between a guy and a girl" and then the credits started rolling. So he has "no idea what happened in the second half."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

I watched this entire interview but I didn't bother to transcribe a lot...

Fan Fest NJ 2019 Day 1 and Kirk Acevedo on the live stage!
JUNE 29, 2019 BY JAY MCCLENAHAN
https://somanyshows.com/fan-fest-nj-2019-day-1-and-kirk-acevedo-on-the-live-stage

-- KA said that the "most challenging roles" for him are the "procedural roles," like on Law and Order, where your character is only there to relay information to the audience, so those roles are a "death to the soul." In contrast, his roles on shows like Arrow are character-driven.

-- On KA's Dragon villain on Arrow, the interviewer referred to him as a fan favorite but KA said that some people can't stand him, so the interviewer laughed and said he was someone you loved to hate. KA said that when he was hired, the (old) showrunner told him that they didn't want a typical villain. He didn't know what they meant because he didn't watch Arrow. He only watched sports. So he asked what the showrunner meant, and "she" told him they meant not over the top, but more like Scarface or The Godfather. However, KA said that some people (those who hated him) thought that he was still over the top. He said that it's easy to be "over the top" but harder to do "subtle" in portraying a scary guy.

-- KA said that most heroes in film and TV are "a pretty face, that's all they are," although some heroes can be both, like a Harrison Ford or Tom Cruise, adding: "In TV, heroes are one-dimensional, where the villains are three-dimensional. There's redemption. There's the possibility of them becoming good, you know what I mean? There's a reason why they're bad. Why is the hero good?... So..."

-- On his biggest influence growing up, KA mentioned Marlon Brando and Sam Shepard.

ETA: Honestly, I don't know if KA was slamming SA with his "pretty face" comment or whether it was just another ignorant and thoughtless remark. SA is definitely more than just a pretty face. He can act, period. Also, Oliver Queen is the hero on Arrow, but he's also a multi-dimensional character, with a redemption arc and character journey that showed us how he became a hero. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

This writer added his own comments after the panel listings, some of which are sad and some of which are kinda hilarious...

Warner Bros’ SDCC 2019 TV Conference Schedule
Peter Paltridge  June 24, 2019
https://popgeeks.com/warner-bros-sdcc-2019-tv-conference-schedule/

Saturday, July 20

‪10:30–11:45 AM Batwoman Pilot Screening and Q&A — Ballroom 20
If you miss this, The CW will be airing the pilot THREE TIMES on its debut week. They really really want you to see this thing.

3:30–4:15 PM Arrow Special Video Presentation and Q&A — Ballroom 20
I predict Ollie’s life will remain miserable until the very end, especially with Emily Bett Rickards speeding off into the sunset.

4:15–5:00 PM Supergirl Special Video Presentation and Q&A — Ballroom 20
Calista Flockhart is coming back! Just kidding.

5:00–5:45 PM Black Lightning Special Video Presentation and Q&A — Ballroom 20
I have no comments; I haven’t tuned into this one in a while.

5:45–6:30 PM The Flash Special Video Presentation and Q&A — Ballroom 20
Spoilers: Barry goes back in time and ruins his life again.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

During the Gotham panel (Donal Logue, David Mazouz, Robin Lord Taylor) at Fan Fest-New Jersey yesterday, a fan mentioned the Arrowverse's history of bringing in characters from other shows and asked the panel how open they would be to joining the Arrowverse as their Gotham character for an episode or two. Here's the panel's response...

-- DM: "Let's make it happen!" 
-- RLT: "Totally. Totally. ... There a couple of things that would need to be happening there. Like, the aesthetic is so important to our show. And, you know, to represent these characters without that exacting eye and without the specificity that the amazing creative team brought to Gotham, you know, that would have to be in place. Also, like, you know, the actors would have to remain consistent. Like, there's no way in hell I'm acting with another Bruce Wayne or another Harvey Bullock played by a different actor. You know, like, all of them - everyone from Gotham would have to be there as well, if we were to interact with characters from that show. It wouldn't feel right otherwise." He added that fans nowadays have a lot of power and can change the minds of studio executives, "which are the hardest minds to change."
-- DL: "Absolutely. But exactly what Robin said. It would be insane to, uh, interact with - and not good or ba - I'm not saying - it's just, uh, we have to kinda keep that incarnation pure... I think The CW and DC are such an amazing match... But Gotham had a different - we were a different kind of show, a little bit... It was more expensive to make it look the way it did. But I do know the GCPD was moved to Vancouver. Right? Yeah, they moved the whole GCPD set, which was maybe the most stunning set in television. Like, it was incredible. So, if you can get those external parts right, I guess, to be part of the Arrowverse.. So absolutely, man. I would never - I don't think any of us are quite done with these characters."

GOTHAM Cast Panel – FanFest New Jersey 2019
Published on Jun 30, 2019, by Fandom Spotlite
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrczyyFJcOk

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Omg David!!! 😂

@tv echo I skimmed your post really quickly, thought you were talking about Kat (KM) cuz the initials were confusing me which left me wondering why the normally diplomatic and sane KM (who seems to have good relations with SA) was suddenly so offensive. And why there were pictures of dudes instead of KM 😂

• LOL 2
(edited)

Two short video clips from Arrow panel (JH, RG, KL) at Fan Fest-New Jersey on Saturday, June 29...

Arrow cast takes the Stage at Fanfest NJ 6/29/19
Published on Jun 29, 2019, by Liz Lyons

Arrow panel at Fanfest NJ 6/29/19
Published on Jun 29, 2019, by Liz Lyons

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Next weekend's comic cons (updated, with schedules)...

Florida Supercon, July 4-7, 2019 (Miami Beach, FL)
Daniel Cudmore (also Danielle Panabaker and Neal Adams, DC artist for Green Lantern/Green Arrow)
http://floridasupercon.com/all-guests-florida-supercon/
Event Schedule
-Thu. (7/4) at 5:00pm - Neal Adams Spotlight
-Fri. (7/5) at 5:00pm - Daniel Cudmore Q&A
-Sun. (7/7) at 11:00am - Danielle Panabaker Q&A

Howl at the Moon 3, July 6-7, 2019 (Paris, France) 
(Tyler Hoechlin)
http://www.ultimevents.fr/howl-at-the-moon-3/
https://twitter.com/ultimeventz
-No schedule posted yet.

The Sword Experience: Belvoir Castle, July 7, 2019 (Leicestershire, England)
Adrian Paul
https://swordxp.com/event/england-belvoir-castle-july-7th-2019/
-Sun. (7/7) at 9:30am - England Belvoir Castle

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Video (in 5 parts) of Arrow panel (KL, RG, JH) at Fan Fest-New Jersey on Saturday, June 29...

2019 FanFest NJ Arrow Panel 1/5
Published on Jul 1, 2019, by Joelle Modderman

-- RG and JH talked about playing older versions of their characters in the flashforwards. RG said that it was "weird" to shoot with an adult version of his character's daughter. JH thought it was fun to play an older and "even stronger" Dinah.

-- KL talked about her debut as Nyssa al Ghul on Arrow and how her character had "one of the coolest introductions" on any TV show (the airport scene).

2019 FanFest NJ Arrow Panel 2/5

-- Mod has been following RG's career for a long time (mentioned Coach Carter, among other past projects).

-- RG said that his wife was an Arrow fan from the beginning, even before he was on the show, and always told him that he should get on that show. As soon as he got cast, he did research on Wild Dog. (Mod called RG "hoss"!)

-- Mod mentioned JH's prior role on The Walking Dead and her going from one genre show to another genre show. JH thought that it was good preparation for Arrow and that both shows have good fanbases.

-- When fan asked what were their funniest moments on Arrow:

• JH mentioned the S5 scene where SA and DR had to be in cement, which really smelled by Day 5. 
  • KL: "So I don't know if it's the funniest story, but it's one that I was never told before... So Katie Cassidy, who I love and I adore, and a great co-worker and so professional, she gives 150%, no matter what she's doing, whether it's stunts or it's acting. And there have been a couple of times  where - you watch the monitor and she's trying to do this thing where she's either trying to kick or throw punches. James Bamford, who was our stunt coordinator at the time, who eventually became a director, like, some kind of producer or something - yeah, producer. Um, but his favorite thing to do would be to go, 'Faster, faster! Harder, harder, harder!' But you're just like, 'But I'm not trained to -' 'No, no! Faster, faster!' So as an actor, you don't - want to do what they're asking, so you always go harder, you always go faster, sometimes beyond what you're capable of. I can't tell you how many times I've watched the monitor and Katie Cassidy doing her stunt was, and all of a sudden she'd do her stunt and then disappear out of frame, because she would fall, (Laughs) because she got too hard too fast, so - (Laughs) And you just look over and be like, 'oh, she's on the ground again, okay, get up, okay, okay, cool.' She'd go, 'I'm fine, I'm fine.' ... Because it was really kind of sweet and endearing because, man, she took it like a champ."
  • RG mentioned shooting a fight scene between Tobias Church and Team Arrow, where, just after his stunt double got a concussion fighting with Tobias, Bamford said, "Okay, Rick, you're up!" (Audience laughed.) RG said that he took a deep breath and told Bamford that he was going to the bathroom. RG: "That was my introduction to Season 5."

2019 FanFest NJ Arrow Panel 3/5

-- On who they would want to kill on the show, JH mentioned Stanley (who slit Dinah's throat).

-- On which DC character they would want to play, KL said Batman, RG said Robin, and JH said Catwoman.

2019 FanFest NJ Arrow Panel 4/5

-- RG said that, for him, the acting process involves asking questions about his character and then answering those questions, in order to figure out what informs his character. He said that Rene loves his daughter very much and would do anything for her. That's what drives Rene.

-- On which Flash character they'd want to be on Arrow, JH picked the Flash, while KL and RG picked Cisco.

-- On what it's like doing the crossovers, RG talked about how "awesome" it was when there were cast members from all the Arrowverse shows during a past crossover.

-- On whether she'd want her character to be a friend or a foe if she came back, KL said that it would be something in between because that's how her character has come to be. It depends on if Nyssa's agenda lines up with your agenda. However, when it comes to Ava, KL said that there'd be either a "throw-down" or "maybe a make-out session." Mod said that he was "so scared" of KL's character when Nyssa first was on Arrow.

-- On one of the hardest scenes to shoot, either physically or emotionally, JH: "For me, definitely, this last season, our last, uh, scene in the Bunker together....  Yeah, uh, apparently it was supposed to be a happy scene. Um, like, they were laughing and I was like, 'what?' ... It was supposed to be a little joyful, you know, because I couldn't, like, stop sobbing... It just was so sad." RG: "I agree. I was just gonna say the same thing... It was very sentimental. It was sad."

-- KL's first job after having her baby daughter was one month after giving birth and it was for Arrow. It was her first time leaving her baby and her first time going back to work after having her, and she was still a little hormonal. She left her breast pump in her trailer, not realizing that she wouldn't get back to her trailer until six hours later, when she normally would feed her baby every two hours. Every time she did a simple arm swing, she'd feel her boobs move and she was in so much pain. That was the hardest stunt she ever did.

2019 FanFest NJ Arrow Panel 5/5

-- When the mod asked where Diggle is in the future, RG and JH just looked at each other and there was a long pause. Then JH said, "I think I actually don't know, and I think I'm not lying." KL joked: "I think he's running a Wednesday, Tuesday night bingo/karaoke bar. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's the answer."

-- When fan asked whether she took anything from any of the previous versions of Black Canary on Arrow to incorporate into her character, JH said that she "watched everyone" because she wanted to see what they did, so that she could do "something different," or "at least told a different story or told a different back story." She wanted to know the previous Canaries' "energy" and "style." She thought that "there are elements from all the different Canaries in Dinah." She added: "They have a very strong bond. They're a sisterhood." However, JH: "There's definitely something unquely her, that is only her story to tell, and only she can tell it."

-- Mod: "When do you guys start shooting? Have you started yet?" JH: "Soon." RG: "Soon. Within a couple weeks."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

This was a fan event with SA during Supanova Sydney on June 21...

Shoot Arrows With Arrow - Supanova Sydney 2019
Published on Jul 1, 2019, by Legit Nerds

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Same weekend as SDCC 😐 ...

Kirk Acevedo  will take part in FantasyEvents Network "A Weekend With" on July 20th -21st 2019 in Rome at the Sheraton Rome Hotel and Conference Center in Via del Pattinaggio 100, where you will be able to ask him questions about his several shows, have a professional photo op with him and / or a custom autograph, or a chat with him during a private visit Meet and Greet, more this special edition on Sunday morning you will have a chance to take a tour of Rome with Kirk.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Media recap of Arrowverse panel on June 28 and SA/DR panel on June 29 at Supanova Perth - I did not quote a paragraph that was spoilerish...

Recap: Stephen Amell Aimed His Arrows At Supanova Perth
BY RACHEL  JUL 4, 2019
https://www.nerdsandbeyond.com/2019/07/04/recap-stephen-amell-aimed-his-arrows-at-supanova-perth/ 

The Friday night preview festivities put more than a spring in The Simpsons‘ Dean Rankine’s step, as he rattled off a poem with the additional entertainment of a (un)modernized dance by one of the hosts. Although it seemed that nothing could quite top that sight, there was a special panel with Stephen Amell, David Ramsey, Robbie Amell (The Flash, Tomorrow People), and Italia Ricci (Designated Driver, Chasing Life).

The conversation revolved around the upcoming and final season of Arrow and a few antidotes, particularly a very anti-vegemite Robbie, who’d rather sport peanut butter on toast. His cousin, however, adorns nervousness during the first few days of filming a new season. “I feel like I’m out of rhythm.” We wouldn’t want to be in close vicinity to Stephen because, as he remarked of his built-up tension, he’s close to… “sh**ting his pants.” David naturally jokes, “First day I’m going to look at you and say you suck.”

A natural banter flowed into Saturday’s Arrow panel that featured Stephen and David (who unfortunately could only make the last few minutes). The reason as to why the series was ending spun in the air and inevitably surfaced from a question asked by an audience member. While they had initially talked about going on for longer, it was a decision that Stephen initiated and then turned into a mutual agreement. David later remarked on the ending and used the analogy of a corporation when the boss hits the roof of a company, there isn’t another level that they can climb to. Being able to think mindfully about goals is important for Stephen, and as he felt like he had done all he could with Arrow, he wanted to put his undivided focus into another project.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)
If you read SA's quote below, it's not as bad as this tweet makes it sound...

At Supanova in Perth, I had the opportunity to ask Stephen Amell (Arrow) about using his bromance with Jared Padalecki (Supernatural) for promoting their shows and charities. His response was:

“Well for advertising purposes, I mean it just… I don’t know if we ever advertised anything together. We did a wine with him one time. But typically everything is just for charity. I mean, there are people who like Arrow that have never heard of Supernatural. Plenty of people! (laughs). And you know there are people who like Supernatural that have never heard of Arrow. So I think it cross-pollinates a little bit. I think it helps make people who aren’t aware of each of our shows, aware of them. But if we can drive more people towards a charitable cause that’s great. I try to be very selective with that sort of thing. If it seems like it doesn’t make sense or it’s a little gratuitous then I wouldn’t.” 
As Amell states, they mainly use their bromance to promote charitable causes. In doing so, this also reinforces their nice guy brand identities. Both Arrow and Supernatural have declared their final seasons. It will be interesting to see how authentic their bromance is – if it continues beyond their CW connection.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

DR interview conducted by Brett Bonetti in Perth...

David Ramsey - Supanova Perth interview - June 29, 2019
Published on Jul 1, 2019, by BB11673

-- On Arrow ending after S8, DR: "Like any other job, where you enjoy going to work, you enjoy working with the people that you work with. So that, more than anything else, is what I'm going to miss. I love working with Stephen and Emily and the whole gang, so I'll miss that. But, um, what I'm happy about is, not only has it afforded me the ability to meet so many great people, including yourself, to have so many great experiences, but I'm happy that we're happy to go out on our own. (Brett interjected, "With a bang.") With a bang. Go out on top."

-- DR: "It's interesting, but we've really been fortunate. Not only has the original cast really got along on a personal level, but the new additions have got along, with Echo and Juliana and Rick, and everyone that's kinda come on board on the show. And everyone just kinda fell into this family atmosphere. So it's been really pleasant."

-- On his martial arts background, how much training goes into the Arrow fight scenes, and whether it takes a toll on his body, DR: "It can, but what's funny, man, is that Stephen - I've been training for 23 years now. Stephen's not a martial artist. He's just ultra athletic... and can catch anything. You give him something and he can make it look like he's been doing it for 30 years... He's just one of those guys. Yeah. So, for me, it's natural because I've been practicing. But for Stephen, it's natural because he's just a natural athlete."

-- On crossovers, DR talked about how, years from now, they'll look back on this experience and say, "What an opportunity we had!" He said, "How many shows get to cross over with three, four, five other sister shows, right? And make this big, conglomerate story." Although other shows also have crossovers, they've not been on this scale.

-- On the unexpected success of Arrow, DR: "Well, the pilot, we didn't know. I think Stephen even said yesterday in a panel, and I think he was right, we were just hoping not to suck. You know, we were just hoping that people would just like us, you know? And that really was the feeling. When we got back after the show was picked up, there really was a buzz. We're onto something. And, um, I think some place around the middle of Season 1, we were, like, okay, there's something really going on here. And when Season 2 came, it was off to the races. We knew we were onto something."

-- On whether he was ever worried that they would kill off Diggle, DR: "Well, I'm one of those actors where I'm always a bit paranoid, just because I understand the nature of the business... And also, um, you just never know. And we live in a time now with Game of Thrones, where they ice people, they just kill people. But, I think, for us, we were fortunate that the trio, OTA, really worked. Oliver, Diggle, Felicity was something people really tapped into. So, um, I felt like there was some security, because we really did receive a response from that trio that no one saw coming. And so, um - so I was happy about that."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
(edited)

Official SDCC program description for Arrow (fyi: contains error - Arrow will return on Tuesdays, not Mondays)...

https://comiccon2019.sched.com/event/Rrem

Saturday, July 20 • 3:30pm - 4:15pm
Arrow Special Video Presentation and Q&A

After spending time at Slabside, Oliver Queen wanted to give back to the city that he loves. Since everyone knows his true identity, Team Arrow worked alongside SCPD as vigilantes to help protect the city at all costs. However, last season led to Oliver finding out about Emiko, the bow-wielding assassin and ring leader of the Ninth Circle who also happened to be his half-sister. The season 7 finale saw them fighting for their lives-both in the present and the future. So, what will the state of Team Arrow look like in the show's eighth and final season? For answers to this and more, hear from the cast and producers at their final Comic-Con appearance, and be among the first to learn what this means for Oliver and the rest of his team. From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, Arrow will return to The CW for its final season this fall on Mondays at 9/8c. Arrow: The Complete Seventh Season is available now on Digital and will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on August 20.

Also...

ANNOUNCED AUTOGRAPH AND SIGNING SCHEDULE FOR SDCC 2019
by Lisa McDowell  July 6, 2019
https://sdccblog.com/celebrity-entertainment-autograph-signing-schedule-sdcc-2019/

WARNER BROS – Booth #4545
*All WB signings are TICKETED – Lottery sign-up for all WB signings are through the Comic-Con International Exclusives Portal which closes for entries on July 9, 2019.  Series stars and creative teams scheduled to attend are subject to change. Additional information on  signings will be provided as news breaks.*
Friday, July 19
DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW
Saturday, July 20
BATWOMAN
ARROW
SUPERGIRL
BLACK LIGHTNING
DOOM PATROL
THE FLASH

Edited by tv echo