Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, tv echo said:

In the EW video above (where other Arrowverse stars said nice things about SA), I like how CL managed to get in a dig about having to switch from a black Canary suit to a white Canary suit...

-- On Arrow ending, CL: "And maybe now that the show's done, I'll get that black costume, I'll get that one back."

I kinda cringed at that part of the video because she kinda made it all about her and nothing about Stephen and the show. I did LOL at the part about the black suit. I mean, sure, Caity, do you really want the "black" suit that has been passed around by so many versions? Stick with the white. At least in that you're unique.

• Love 3

Because it's not like it's been going on for 6 years or anything and would be the same with any relationship. 

4 hours ago, Soulfire said:

What a gross answer.

Yeah if your answer would be inappropriate with your wife present, just pick another one don't imply anything. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Soulfire said:

What a gross answer.

Yeah, I don’t think I want to know what he would’ve said?

3 hours ago, Soulfire said:

A+

I never really get tweeting such negative things at people. What do these people expect? For her to reply to them on Twitter and go, “you’re right! Now I’ve seen the error of my ways and I’ll change everything to fit what you want and I’m going to tell you this on Twitter”?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I know the shooting schedules can be tight but to not have a character that important at SDCC, really? Can't arrangements be made? Especially if they are thinking of having a Future Arrow spinoff.

Ruby Rose had to cancel yesterday because of shooting and she seemed devastated. If there was one person the CW/DCTV should think is important to have at Comic Con it would be her, since she’s about to launch a show. I don’t understand how they haven’t figured out scheduling around this weekend by now.

In any case, SA was the surprise guest on the TV Guide Fan Favorites panel.

And most of the jar is there:

(edited)

Warning: the rest of video contains spoilery comments (which are transcribed in the Spoilers thread)...

Marc Guggenheim - San Diego Comic-Con 2019 Interview
Published on Jul 19, 2019, by Comicbook.com

-- On why Arrow is ending, MG: "Once you start staring down the barrel of a Season 8, those conversations just quite frankly start to happen organically. Um, and, you know, Stephen was, you know, at the end of  his deal and it's like, what are we gonna do? You know, how long are we going to do this for? And, you know, for my money, I felt it was time, you know, and I think Greg felt that way and I think Stephen felt that way. You know, I think we all sort of collectively came to the same conclusion, which is, let's go out on a high note. You know, the people are still talking about the show, which is hard in its eighth season, of any show. People are still talking about it and, you know, then there becomes like production budgetary things that really like gets you into the tall grass. But, you know, for me, I - I felt like, let's end the show when we can still produce the show that we have all come to know and love, um, and not try to, like, change the show to, you know, make it work when it otherwise can't."

Edited by tv echo

I wonder if the Future crew not appearing at SDCC was a deliberate choice. Stunt Guy is headed down there now and the panel isn’t until 3pm. I remember when EBR/KC/CL didn’t sleep for 24 hours to make an appearance. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Soulfire said:

What a gross answer.

WTH was he thinking about if that's the answer he gave. If I was his wife that would actually be a worse answer then just saying something generic, like he'll miss having their characters team up during the crossovers or hanging out with them during filming. 

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

WTH was he thinking about if that's the answer he gave. If I was his wife that would actually be a worse answer then just saying something generic, like he'll miss having their characters team up during the crossovers or hanging out with them during filming. 

He ended up giving a good answer (video upthread) so the gross joke didn’t even make sense. I hope CL and/or CP gave him hell after.

The vibe is so off this year. Their EW interview was painful to watch (especially since the Flash cast was up next and actually looked like they were having fun and wanted to be there).

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Trisha said:

He ended up giving a good answer (video upthread) so the gross joke didn’t even make sense. I hope CL and/or CP gave him hell after.

The vibe is so off this year. Their EW interview was painful to watch (especially since the Flash cast was up next and actually looked like they were having fun and wanted to be there).

To me it looks like some of the interviewers they choose are the ones that are awkward. The 100 interviewer was so cringe worthy, she kept asking about Eliza Taylor and Bob Morley's marriage when they clearly didn't want to talk about their relationship. 

33 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

To me it looks like some of the interviewers they choose are the ones that are awkward. The 100 interviewer was so cringe worthy, she kept asking about Eliza Taylor and Bob Morley's marriage when they clearly didn't want to talk about their relationship. 

Yeah but then its on the PR of the show to tell interviewer that their personal lives are off limits. But when you only send 3 people to SDCC, 2 of which just got married in a secret wedding, the journalist are going to do their job and ask questions. 

During the ET Live interview, Leanne asked if we'd see EBR back next season --

Advanced issues found

Spoiler

Leanne Aguilera: "I need to know if we'll be getting the lovely Emily Bett Rickards  back in this final season. Stephen?"
SA: "No."
LA: "No?"
SA: "Not that I know of."
(The others chime in saying they hope so.)
SA: (laughs) "What do you want from me? It's a yes or no question."

What SA went on to say about EBR was nice.

SA: "Did you read her New York Times review of her off-Broadway play? She's killing it. She's living her best life. So proud of her. I'm going to see her play next Sunday. I'm excited, she's doing great. We miss her, a lot. I was very... I was actually -- I texted her when I was on the plane to Vancouver last week and I just texted her that I was sad. The show feels different, you know, in no small part because EmBett's not with us anymore. Feels different."

This is really nice, too.

• Love 6
(edited)

^^^
KC: "We would love that."
RG: "We would love that."
JH: "Yeah, yeah."
KC: "We love her and we miss her."
RG: "We miss her."
SA: "Emily Bett Rickards?"
KC: "You know, Felicity."
SA: "Ohhh. Hopefully. I don't know. She's being awesome on Broadway right now."
SA: "Its really tough doing the show without Emily being there, uh, because, uh, she was probably my - uh, one of, if not my best friend on set. And I was sad to go back to do the eighth season without her being there. But, um, I like what we're - I like what we're doing. But I'd be lying if I said that it didn't feel like something was missing with her not there."
-DR: "Without a doubt. Without a doubt."
Interviewer: "It's definitely a different energy."
DR: "Oh, without a doubt.
RG: "Oh definitely."
KC: "She's definitely missed."
RG: "She brings a lot of - she's a light. She brings so much energy with Felicity and just who she is as an actress."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I couldn't tell what SA gave the girl at Comicon. Could anyone?

S1 jacket. That's why he took a pic with it on his daughter earlier in the week, because he had it ready to go with him for SDCC.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, tv echo said:

That’s not only an ugly ass outfit on JH (and I saw a second one that’s pretty damn bad as well), but in the second photo it looks painful as well.

@Soulfire posted the transcript of Stephen talking about Emily and her play with Leanne Aguilera, but here's the video, for anyone interested.

And here's another video of him talking about her play during the roundtables. Find yourself a best friend who cries because you got a good review in the NY Times. 

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

And here's another video of him talking about her play during the roundtables. Find yourself a best friend who cries because you got a good review in the NY Times

And tells everyone he cried when he knows the video is going up online and will therefore be everywhere. He could have easily just brought up the review.

• Love 7
(edited)

IGN had solicited fave Arrow moments from fans (no spoilers)...

Arrow Cast Toasts to Final Season: Looking Back at the Series' Best Moments - Comic Con 2019
Published on Jul 20, 2019, by IGN

-- (First clip shown was the 209 scene where Felicity puts the mask on Oliver and tells him he looks like a hero.) SA: "One of the cool things about that is - and this sort of plays into the interconnected-ness of the Arrowverse - is that Barry made the mask for me. That's the cool thing. I mean, obviously Emily nailed it, as she does, but the fact that, uh, you know, I'm wearing a mask that another superhero on another show that, you know, debuted on our show...."

-- (Second clip shown was the 309 scene where Oliver gets stabbed and kicked off the mountain by Ra's al Ghul.)  SA: "It was cold. Yeah, it was freezing cold... We shot for 8 hours on top of Frost Mountain in Vancouver. And unfortunately, there was cloud cover. Otherwise, it would've been epic. If it was clear outside, it would've been incredible. We might as well have shot it on a sound stage. It was so socked in."

-- (Third clip shown was the 718 scene involving White Canary, Black Canary and Black Siren fighting bad guys while Felicity works on a device in the field.) 

-- (Fourth clip shown was a montage of Oliver working the salmon ladder.)

SA: "Big spoiler alert: We do the salmon ladder in the premiere this year."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

No spoilers in this interview (FYI, a lot of Arrow cast interviews from SDCC contain spoilery info and are posted in the Spoilers thread)...

Arrow SDCC: James Bamford
Published on Jul 21, 2019, by Whedonopolis Videos

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Next weekend's comic cons (updated, with schedules)...

Showmasters' London Film & Comic Con, July 26-28, 2019 (UK)
Rick Gonzalez, John Barrowman, Manu Bennett, Kirk Acevedo and Alex Kingston (also Tom Felton)
https://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/index.php/allguests/tv-and-film
Schedule
-Fri. (7/26) at 3:00pm - Arrow Talk: Rick Gonzalez, Kirk Acevedo
-Fri. (7/26) at 4:30pm - Manu Bennett Free Talk
-Sat. (7/27) at 5:30pm - John Barrowman Diamond Pass Talk
-Sun. (7/28) at 3:40pm - Tom Felton Free Talk

The Korean Institute-The First Convention, July 27-28, 2019 (Seoul, South Korea)
Katherine McNamara 
https://shadowhunters.fr/en/conventions/the-korean-institute/
-No panel schedule posted.

GalaxyCon Raleigh, July 25-28, 2019 (NC)
Summer Glau and Daniel Cudmore (also Neal Adams, DC artist for Green Lantern/Green Arrow)
http://raleighsupercon.com/guests/
Schedule
-Sat. (7/27) at 12:00pm - Daniel Cudmore - Twilight, X-Men
-Sat. (7/27) at 3:30pm - 80 Years of Batman (incl. Neal Adams)
-Sat. (7/27) at 4:00pm - Summer Glau - Firefly, Arrow

The Sword Experience: Ahrensburg Retreat, July 26-28, 2019 (Germany)
Adrian Paul
https://swordxp.com/event/germany-ahrensburg-retreat-july-26th-july-28th/

Edited by tv echo
21 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Second "Goodbye OTA" billboard went up in Times Square today...

I love that OTA quotes were used on the side panel.

Also important to note that the fundraiser money is all going to charity, not to pay for the billboard space. 

• Love 6