Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

On 8/20/2019 at 9:28 AM, tv echo said:

Next weekend's cons/events (updated, with schedules)...

Fan Expo Canada, August 22-25, 2019 (Toronto, Canada)
Summer Glau (also Tyler Hoechlin and Mike Grell, DC writer/artist of Green Arrow comics) (also Tom Welling, Michael Rosenbaum, Kristin Kreuk and Laura Vandervoort from Smallville)
https://www.fanexpocanada.com/en/guests/celebrities.html
https://www.fanexpocanada.com/en/guests/comic-creators.html
Schedule
-Fri. (8/23) at 12:00pm - Spotlight on the Legendary Mike Grell
-Sat. (8/24) at 12:00pm - Celebrity Q&A with Sci Fi "It Girl" Summer Glau
-Sun. (8/25) at 11:30am - Q&A with Smallville Stars Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum, Laura Vandervoort & Tom Welling
-Sun. (8/25) at 3:30pm - Celebrity Q&A with Supergirl & Teen Wolf Star Tyler Hoechlin

Wizard World Chicago, August 22-25, 2019 (IL)
Kelly Hu (also Matt Ryan, Teddy Sears and Dean Cain)
https://wizardworld.com/comiccon/chicago
Guest Schedules
Programming
-Sat. (8/24) at 4:00pm - Batman v. Superman: Dean Cain & Kevin Conroy Face Off
-Sun. (8/25) at 11:00am - An Arrowverse Conversation With Matt Ryan, Teddy Sears And Kelly Hu

The Troubadour with Katelyn Tarver, Jake Scott, Echo Kellum, The Tenth and DJ Vicious Lee, August 23, 2019 (West Hollywood, CA)
https://www.troubadour.com/event/1879862-katelyn-tarver-los-angeles/
-Fri. (8/23) at 8:45 pm - Echo Kellum

Panama Comic Con, August 23-25, 2019 (Panama City, Panama)
The Sword Experience: Panama Comic Con, August 24, 2019 (Panama City, Panama)

Adrian Paul
https://comicconpanama.com/
Sword Experience Schedule
-Sat. (8/24) at 10:30am - Sword Experience: A Highlander Experience (Adrian Paul)

German Castle Con, August 24-25, 2019 (Solingen, Germany)
Manu Bennett
https://germancastlecon.com/gaeste/
Program
-Sat. (8/24) at 2:50pm - Manu Bennett
-Sun. (8/25) at 2:30pm - Manu Bennett

I updated changes to the schedule for Fan Expo Canada and added the guest schedules for Wizard World Chicago.

Edited by tv echo

From Arrowverse panel at Wizard World Chicago today (I posted MR's comments in the LoT forum, I did not post any TS comments except for one in the COIE thread/LoT forum)...

Edited by tv echo

Next weekend's comic cons (updated, with schedules)...

Dragon Con, August 29-September 2, 2019 (Atlanta, GA)
Colton Haynes, Paul Blackthorne, Chad Coleman and Ben Browder (also Matt Ryan, Tala Ashe, Jes Macallan, Nick Zano, Cress Williams, Christine Adams, Nafessa Williams, James Remar, Jordan Calloway, Mike Grell, DC writer/artist of Green Arrow comics, Marv Wolfman & George Perez, DC writer and artist of Crisis On Infinite Earths comics, and Clay & Susan Griffith, co-authors of The Flash: The Haunting of Barry Allen and Arrow: A Generation of Vipers)
https://www.dragoncon.org/people-to-see/guests/
2019 Quick Start Guide (including Schedule Grids)
Text Schedule
-Fri. (8/30) at 10:00am - Marv Wolfman & George Pérez: Together Again
-Fri. (8/30) at 10:00am - Spiderman: Your Friendly, Far-from-Home Web Crawler (incl. Clay & Susan Griffith)
-Fri. (8/30) at 5:30pm - Arrow/Legends Cast: A Glimpse into the Mysteries (Paul Blackthorne, Matt Ryan, Tala Ashe, Jes Macallan)
-Fri. (8/30) at 5:30pm - Operation Farscape: 20th Anniversary Kickoff (incl. Ben Browder)
-Fri. (8/30) at 5:30pm - Wonder Woman: From the '70s to the Present  (incl. George Pérez)
-Sat. (8/31) at 11:30am - Expanse Cast: Voices from Deep Space (incl. Chad Coleman)
-Sat. (8/31) at 2:30pm - Arrow/Legends Cast: Insights from the Inside  (Colton Haynes, Paul Blackthorne, Matt Ryan, Nick Zano, Tala Ashe, Jes Macallan)
-Sat. (8/31) at 5:30pm - Conan to DC's Warlord: Sword & Sorcery in Comics  (incl. Mike Grell)
-Sun. (9/1) at 10:00am - Black Lightning cast: Book of Hidden Treasures (Cress Williams, Christine Adams, Nafessa Williams, James Remar, Jordan Calloway)
-Sun. (9/1) at 10:00am - Farscape 20th Anniversary Reunion! (incl. Ben Browder)
-Sun. (9/1) at 1:00pm - DC Comics in the '80s (incl. Mike Grell, Marv Wolfman)
-Sun. (9/1) at 4:00pm - Arrow/Legends Cast: Guardians of Might & Magic  (Colton Haynes, Paul Blackthorne, Matt Ryan, Nick Zano, Tala Ashe, Jes Macallan)
-Sun. (9/1) at 5:30pm - Aquaman: Tides of Trouble  (incl. Clay & Susan Griffith)
-Mon. (9/2) at 11:30am - Black Lightning Cast (Cress Williams, Christine Adams, Nafessa Williams, Jordan Calloway)
-Mon. (9/2) at 1:00pm - Arrow/Legends Cast: The Hero Journey  (Colton Haynes, Jes Macallan)

Indiana Comic Con, August 30-September 1, 2019 (Indianapolis, IN)
John Barrowman (also Neal Adams, DC artist for Green Lantern/Green Arrow series)
https://indianacomicconvention.com/
Panel Schedule
-Sat. (8/31) at 5:00pm - John Barrowman Q&A

Comic Con Amsterdam, August 31-September 1, 2019 (Netherlands)
Manu Bennett
https://www.comiccon-europe.com/amsterdam/index.php/en/
Guest Talks Timetable
-Guest schedules not yet posted.

Edited by tv echo

Kelly Hu was also on The Orville panel at Wizard World Chicago - here's a recap of her comments to a question about picking projects...
http://www.solzyatthemovies.com/2019/08/26/the-orville-mark-jackson-and-kelly-hu-talk-scripts/ 

During Wizard World Chicago, Mark Jackson and Kelly Hu appeared during a panel to discuss The Orville and answer fan questions. Unfortunately, Scott Grimes couldn’t attend the Friday afternoon panel, which was hosted by Freaks and Geeks cast member Samm Levine.  While the panel lasted for about 45 minutes, I’m only choosing to cover their answers to the question that I asked.

What do you generally look for in screenplays when selecting projects?
Kelly Hu:
How much they are paying.
Samm Levine: An honest answer, ladies and gentlemen. Sometimes it’s about the Benjamins.
Kelly Hu: Well, sometimes, it really is. I often get handed scripts a lot. I get asked to look at scripts all the time. My first question always has to be: is it financed? Because otherwise I’m reading scripts all day long for a film that’s never even going to be made. There’s so many people. My dentist has actually passed me a script. The guy can hardly even speak English. He doesn’t even have command of the English language, right. (Mark Jackson pretends to be in the dentist chair.) Exactly! Alright. So I mean seriously, you get handed projects all the time. So the first question always has to be does this project already have financing or are you thinking that my name is going to help? Because it’s not.
Samm Levine: So that’s what Kelly looks for.
Mark Jackson: I’d say a more satisfying creative answer to that would be a character arc. That’s something I look for.
Kelly Hu: Dialogue.
Mark Jackson: Yes, some dialogue is good.
Kelly Hu: Although I have been given many roles that have no dialogue.
Mark Jackson: After this show, no masks. Character arc is good because there’s nothing more boring than playing a character that just does the same thing for the entire movie and doesn’t go anywhere, and doesn’t change. If you have a character that goes through a change and becomes a different a person by the end of the film, that’s a winner—I think.
Kelly Hu: Oh yeah, for sure, that helps. And money.
Mark Jackson: And money.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Video of entire SG panel at Fan Expo Canada and video of entire MB panel at German Castle Con, both on Aug. 24 (their Arrow comments will be transcribed later)...

Summer Glau (Firefly, Arrow) Fan Expo Canada 2019 Q&A Panel
Published on Aug 26, 2019, by FTWvsWTF

Manu Bennett Panel Saturday @ German Castle Con 2019
Published on Aug 25, 2019, by Event and Concert Channel

Edited by tv echo

Two Entertainment Zone videos of Arrow cast interviews at SDCC (no real spoilers below, the interviews with spoilery comments are posted in the Spoilers thread)...

EZ - CW's Arrow - Stephen Amell Interview [with funny DR cameo]
Published on Aug 29, 2019, by Paul Amadeus Lane

EZ - CW's Arrow - Marc Guggenheim EP Interview
Published on Aug 29, 2019, by Paul Amadeus Lane

Edited by tv echo

Transcribed from above-posted video of SG panel at Fan Expo Canada...

-- On being cast on Arrow, SG said that she was initially "a little bit confused" as to why they cast her in that role (Isabel Rochev). But she really enjoyed playing "a sophisticated woman" because she hadn't played that type of role before.

Transcribed from above-posted video of MB panel at German Castle Con...

-- On whether it was hard for him to play the Arrow scene where Slade Wilson killed Moira Queen, MB: "First of all, here we go... I'm an actor from New Zealand. Uh, I'm part-Maori. Uh, I have brown skin. Um, you'll notice that in a lot of shows I'm in, I'm the other guy. I'm not the leading guy. And there's some stereotypes that befall me and that have befallen me my entire lifetime as an actor where I'm the guy that takes the leading guy's girlfriend or does something wrong or kills his mother or da da da da. And every time something like that happens, I feel like I'm slightly falling into stereotype, uh, and marginalizing, uh, potentially the culture I'm from, or other people. You know, uh, I grew up watching World War II movies that - that cast a shadow on Germany, right? But I've traveled all over Germany and I've stayed with German people and I know the hospitality of German people. I drive a BMW because it's the best car on the planet. And, uh, you know, through story we must learn, uh, our strengths, not our weaknesses, you know. So in representing, uh, that second guy and finding that kind of storyline falling into my path all the time, I always take a big deep breath and go, 'ahh, god, here I go again, that guy.' Um, with Slade Wilson or with Crixus, as an artist, you know, you and I have talked about why my emotional acting reaches you beyond the character? ...  I just try to create a character that has reason to have mistakes. I mean, all of us have reasons to have mistakes. I think that Slade Wilson and Crixus probably relate more to the normal person, who's not a hero, than maybe the - the heroic roles, which is almost always defined by getting 'em right. So, I don't know, I always get these kinds of characters and I always try to play them with as much emotional, uh, truth and integrity as I can. You know, when I killed his mother, I thought, 'uh-oh, that's the end of this, uh, character's ability to reach the audience.' But, uh, maybe because of the mirakuru, maybe because of the idea that I played that as if it was over substance abuse, as though maybe it's a relative that's got an alcohol problem, or something like this, you know that that character might redeem themselves and might come back and be something decent. Um, I was pretty surprised in series 6 of Arrow, when I walked out of the prison and I said to Oliver Queen, 'You're looking for my help? You do understand that I killed your mother.' That, uh, that that would not really be able to breach the gap. But, uh, it kind of effectively did. Um, maybe there was a genuineness about the scene. You know. Again, and I don't mean to be rude to anybody, but maybe, you know, now that we're so many years past, you know, a certain war, that we all look at each other and we have a good message and a good signal and a brotherhood and a [unintelligible word] truth to speak to each other, you know, and so we can move past things always. You know, the more that films and - and storylines, I think, approach those topics and - and move beyond, uh, you know, then we have a better planet, I think. I know I'm going very big on this answer. Very big. But if you want to ask me what symbolically it looked like with me killing his mother? There's so many layers to that, in terms of what that represents on screen, from Deathstroke to killing Moira Queen, to a brown-skinned actor killing the blonde-haired mother of a blonde-haired main hero, you know. There's many layers to it. And as an artist, to be conscious of that, I think, is imperative. To be able to do anything about it is difficult. But, you know, I lay it on the line that my emotional commitment to my job as an actor. Uh, I hope that - I hope it... acknowledges one as my brother who died in my arms in a car accident, my mother who died in another car accident, and those feelings that I have to carry through life, while I have very enjoyable times, like beautiful things like this, you know. to be at a great outdoor comic con with wonderful local people, you know. But when I'm there on the set and having to be an artist, then I just try to open myself up and let all of those emotions that were hard to deal with in my life come to life in the characters. And that's why you and I were having a conversation together about the difficulty you were having in your life and somehow through Deathstroke/Slade Wilson, you made a connection. You didn't make a connection through Deathstroke/Slade Wilson. You made a connection with me, Manu, because of what I've been through in my life and what I've put into my acting... The complexity of the moment when Moira Queen died and I was on the other side of that blade had a lot of layers. And, uh, I hope that answers the question."

-- MB talked about meeting George Perez at a comic con, who told him that he didn't look anything like Deathstroke because he was too young and had no gray in his hair. He then met Marv Wolfman at another comic con, who told him that he saw a few episodes and thought he was doing fantastic as Deathstroke.

-- After saying that he bought a bunch of Deathstroke comics and read them, MB: "And the stuff on the television show was quite a lot different from the comic book world. And, you know, in the TV series, you know, there was a lot of - especially violence against women. I mean, for some reason, I was either holding, you know, um, what's her name? The blonde-haired girl with the -... Who's the girl who works in the Batcave with him? (Audience member yells, "Felicity")  Felicity! I'm sorry, I hope nobody recorded that. Felicity. So, you know, there's a scene with Felicity where I had her - you know, there was just a lot of, uh, like abuse coming from him against - against women. I know I said to the director, I said, 'c'mon, can I have some violence against some men?' You know, to get him out of this. And the next scene I got was, you know, killing Oliver's mother... And I just kind of was struggling with how to keep the Deathstroke character who was so strong and sort of written by Marv Wolfman in the picture while, you know, on the television, it was coming across this other way. And I discussed this with the writers about it, and he sort of ended up on Lian Yu and then, um, you know, it wasn't for another couple of seasons before they brought him back on. And at that stage, I really, you know - I had a fight with Oliver's sister. I was like, 'ah, god.' I mean, Deathstroke's just gonna be this guy that's gonna get, you know, get his ass - and I don't mean by women in general, but it seems like the only people I was fighting was - was women. And then it was kinda like - it just wasn't coming across like Marv Wolfman's kinda heroic Deathstroke of some sort, you know, this dark, anti - anti sort of hero guy. But, um - but then when they invited me back on 6, I saw, you know - I mean, I had discussions with the producers and they really brought me back in a way that I thought really got Deathstroke back into line in a way that I believe Marv Wolfman created him to be... So, yeah, the evolution has come right around. I think in 6 and 7, we managed to get, uh, the mirakuru stuff out of the way and kind of the integrity back to the character."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, tv echo said:

And at that stage, I really, you know - I had a fight with Oliver's sister. I was like, 'ah, god.' I mean, Deathstroke's just gonna be this guy that's gonna get, you know, get his ass - and I don't mean by women in general, but it seems like the only people I was fighting was - was women. And then it was kinda like - it just wasn't coming across like Marv Wolfman's kinda heroic Deathstroke of some sort, you know, this dark, anti - anti sort of hero guy. 

It was going relatively fine l until I read this line, and remembered his previous comments. He's not critical about arrow's deathstroke's violence against women, he hates it because he's been outsmarted by one. Oh well.CsAtVgRWIAAqaux.jpg.768207f2685323d50219091e7a353450.jpg

Thank you @tv echo for the transcript! 

• Love 2

There are 3 more pics than what I posted below (total of 7 pics in the gallery)...

Go Behind the Scenes of 'Arrow' Season 7 (PHOTOS)
Damian Holbrook August 31, 2019
https://www.tvinsider.com/gallery/arrow-season-7-behind-the-scenes-photos/

Click through the gallery above for behind-the-scenes photos and insight from the cast.
19-WBSIP-1077-1014x570.jpg Move over, Neo! Sea Shimooka (aka Oliver's half sister Emiko) wowed the writers with her gymnastic abilities so much "that they had the confidence to write more [physically] challenging material," says Shimooka. Case in point: this incredible Matrix-like backbend!
19-WBSIP-1075-1014x570.jpg
2040 squad goals! Katherine McNamara, who plays Mia, the grown daughter of Oliver and Felicity in Arrow's future timeline, is excited to dig deeper into the young woman's sibling bond with Ben Lewis's William (left) as well as her "complicated chemistry" with Joseph David-Jones’s Connor (right). "It's a treat diving in and exploring this with Ben and Jojo," she says.
19-WBSIP-1079-1014x570.jpg
Calling costar Emily Bett Rickards (tech genius Felicity, right) "a breath of fresh air," Katie Cassidy (left) has relished seeing her Earth-2 Laurel and Felicity go from foes to allies throughout the season. The friendship reflects a real-life camaraderie. "Emily has helped shape me into a better actor," Cassidy says. "She is extremely pre-sent and emotionally available in every single scene, every single moment."
19-WBSIP-1078-1014x570.jpg
Stephen Amell says filming vigilante Oliver's scenes in Slabside Prison "felt like I was on a different show" because he wasn't working with his normal cast and he had a much lighter schedule at the start of the season. "We'd [shoot] my stuff at the top of the episode and then I'd be off for, like, 10 days!" 

Edited by tv echo

From Arrow/Legends panel at Dragon Con today (only Arrow actors' comments posted here) - I hope Colton was joking, I also hope someone posts video of this panel...

Edited by tv echo
On 8/31/2019 at 3:08 PM, tv echo said:

From Arrow/Legends panel at Dragon Con today (only Arrow actors' comments posted here) - I hope Colton was joking, I also hope someone posts video of this panel...

I don’t have video of the entire panel, but I do have a (admittedly bad) recording of Paul talking about his deleted scenes with Alex Kingston and Colton talking about the deleted scenes with EBR.

https://twitter.com/vettiea/status/1168360719290703872?s=21

• Love 2
10 hours ago, BaggythePanther said:

I don’t have video of the entire panel, but I do have a (admittedly bad) recording of Paul talking about his deleted scenes with Alex Kingston and Colton talking about the deleted scenes with EBR.

https://twitter.com/vettiea/status/1168360719290703872?s=21

-- CH: "I feel like, maybe I've talked about this before, but they - they had a different kind of, um - they were going to have a little love triangle originally with me, Felicity and Oliver, like, us trying, like, vying for Felicity's attention. And then we shot a couple scenes that were kind of me flirting with her. And then I think it was just our - my relationship with Thea on the show was so tight that they wanted to keep that. So they didn't go in the direction of that. So I don't know where that footage is, but that would be hilarious to see."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

A Felicity mention during Black Lightning panel (Cress Williams, Nafessa Williams, James Remar, Jordan Calloway)...

2019 DragonCon - Black Lightning panel, 1 Sept (1/3)
Published on Sep 1, 2019, by jocool70

Fan: "Okay, my question is for James... You know, Gambi is Black Lightning's tech whiz. If there were an opportunity, would Gambi like to team up with Cisco and - although Felicity's gone now - Felicity?"
James Remar: "Sure, why not? ... As long as it serves the greater good, and it doesn't impede my family or compromise what's left of my integrity. Um, Gambi's a guy that's been struggling back from, you know, a very difficult past. The allegory is that, you know, he was the guy who fought in a very unpopular war and, you know, tried to repair things... So sure, I'm happy to team up with other techies and further the cause of Freeland and, most importantly, the Pierce family."

Edited by tv echo

MB panel and interview at Comic Con Amsterdam on Saturday (Aug. 31)...

Panel Manu Bennett at Comic Con Amsterdam '19
Published on Sep 4, 2019, by Conmose

-- MB again talked about his Arrow audition and finding out about Deathstroke (described in detail icw/ previous comic cons).

-- MB: "You know, the storyline had gone, you know, quite a long way from the comic book, you know, interpretation of Deathstroke, you know, and the mirakuru was a big part of that. And you know, of course, there were all these incidents with, uh, you know, grabbing Felicity and killing his mother and stuff like that, that really sort of put a big slant on Deathstroke as well as - as far as I was concerned, like, he was only fighting women and - and not saying that's a - I don't want to get into that whole can of worms - but, you know, I was wondering where Deathstroke, like, the real, strong, powerful, you know, Marv Wolfman character was, you know, going to emerge with some sort of honor to that character, you know. You know, the gold and the black (gesturing to the left and the right side of his face) being kind of like, you know, the shining example and the darkness and all this sort of stuff. And I've always tried to layer those - those very deep, you know - they're great characters to play, you know. It's very Shakespearean to be sort of, like, you know, led down the path of, you know, Shado was killed by Oliver, you know, and you're told one story like Iago whispering in your ear and you're becoming the bad guy, but really you're just kind of like Othello. You're kind of, like, in your own perception, you're right, and the information you're receiving, you're right, but you're going to go as dark as the material goes because human nature's like that, regardless of whether you're the right person or the wrong person. A certain amount of information's going to drive you crazy and that's where I went with Slade Wilson, you know. And I sort of looked at it like substance abuse as well, you know, trying to rationalize it. But by the time we went down that rabbit hole, we went a long way, and I was wondering how the hell they're going to recover this character that's so popular and strong in the comic book world, you know? Like, he's dark, but he's not kind of this kind of basket case, you know, kind of guy. And I kinda wanted - I was hoping that somehow they could recover that storyline. Uh, Marc Guggenheim rang me and he said to me, 'Listen, we'd - we'd like you to come back. We've got some clearance from Warner Brothers' - cuz Warner Brothers took the character out because of the movie with Joe Manganiello and whatnot - uh, but they said, 'Look, we've got a window of opportunity to bring you back right now. Um, we're going to bring you back and we're going to introduce your son.' And, um, I [unintelligible word] thought like, 'wow, okay,' like - like I'm going to play a father role, you know. And that - and that for me, being a father, you know, came with automatic sort of gut reactions and ideas of care and, uh, responsibility. And, uh, the way they crafted this story about, you know, Joe being this young boy that, you know, he'd take camping and at the same time, assassinate some guy in the woods, you know, whilst his son is cooking marshmallows over the log fire, you know, really kind of enabled this kind of, like, man living in two different worlds and still trying to be a father. And, I mean, to be honest, darling, you know, I cope with - I have to cope with that myself, you know. Here I am over in Amsterdam, you know, and being an actor and responding to a crowd and having to earn my money as a responsible father. Just have to go back to my kids who don't give a damn about Deathstroke or Azog or Crixus or anything. To them, I'm just Dad, you know? If I talk about that stuff, they're gonna go like, 'ehh-ehh-ehh.' So, you know, all of a sudden, the responsibility of playing Deathstroke had to give way to a real relationship between father and son. And that's what I found most interesting about that - the nuances of the character in that - in that particular telling of that storyline. And one of the beautiful things that helped kind of like bring Slade and Oliver back together, because originally we were like Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker, you know. That's - that was awesome on Lian Yu, you know, until the mirakuru came along, which he injected me with, by the way. (Laughs) But - but, you know, uh, so, you know, that opening scene where he comes down to Lian Yu and I'm behind the bars and he says, 'Slade, you know, I need your help.' And by the time he's turned around, I've fidgeted the door and made my way out, which creates this big suspense of 'oh, no, there's no bars between them.' And I'm like, 'kid, did you forget that I just killed your' - you know, I say something like, 'have you forgotten that I killed your mother?' And that was like - it was like this - I remember asking him that question like, seriously, you know, like - like this mirakuru is gone. I don't have it in my system anymore and it was like, I remember it like some - some horrible dream. But do you not remember what has happened? And he said to me, 'Slade, we both have sons. We both need to find our sons. I need your help. You need mine.' And then I looked at him and I said, 'you and me, kid, just like old times.' You know, it was kind of like this line that - I realized in that moment that, regardless of all that stuff that had gone on in the background, we were going to go through the door and re-emerge, you know, like, even though I killed his mother, which was kinda crazy. But, you know, I didn't think they could find that kind of redemption that quickly, but it kinda happened that quickly. And then - but, you know, then I tried to play a certain way. I spoke to the directors about, 'quit trying to make this' - because there was a bit of time when I was trying to help him out, you know, at one stage and I was with Joe, which - the way the scenes were written, they weren't written quite as much as though Slade would betray him. But I had a chat with Marc Guggenheim and I said, 'you know what, in this scene, how about we push it bit so that maybe Slade might betray you here,' and they agreed, this might be the best way to do it, to play it like that. Because really, the end of that particular episode was, 'am I going to turn against my own son?' And that was a big ask. And, uh, in that moment, I don't know. You know, if you're an actor looking for a dramatic premise to work the mechanisms and work the emotions, it was just a fantastic moment, you know, and, uh, you know, it was a good comeback. And, you know, in the end, you know, walking off in to the - into the smoke, you know, it just left Deathstroke back where Deathstroke should be. And, you know, whether I ever get back on Arrow or whether that character emerges through Joe Manganiello over the film world or whoever, you know, I was really happy that we'd taken the integrity of the character back to where it should be in the comic book world. That was important and, uh, we achieved that, yeah."

Manu Bennett & Casper van Dien Interview at Amsterdam Comic Con 2019
Published on Sep 4, 2019, by FistbumpBros

Edited by tv echo

Next weekend's comic cons (updated, with schedules)...

Rose City Comic Con, September 13-15, 2019 (Portland, OR)
Colton Haynes-SAT/SUN ONLY (also Neal Adams, DC artist for Green Lantern/Green Arrow comics, and Jackson Lanzing, DC writer of Green Arrow comics)
https://rosecitycomiccon.com/guest/
Programming Schedule
-No individual panel scheduled for Colton Haynes (just photo op and autograph sessions).

Heroes Comic Con Stockholm, September 13-15, 2019 (Sweden)
Katherine McNamara-FRI/SAT ONLY (also Tom Felton)
https://comicconstockholm.se/guest-line-up/
Heroes Talk
-Fri. (9/13) at 5:45pm - Q&A Panel with Katherine McNamara
-Sat. (9/14) at 3:15pm - Q&A Panel with Katherine McNamara
-Sat. (9/14) at 4:30pm - Heroes Talk Interview with Katherine McNamara

Edited by tv echo

An Olicity mention in this Ruby Rose interview...

-- Ruby Rose: "“I’m kind of excited to see who they’re going to root for relationship-wise, because I know that’s a very big aspect of what people get involved in these. And I’ve watched Arrow and I was like, 'Felicity! Oliver! Felicity! Oli -' like, so I’m that person. So, like, I'm stoked to see what people are gonna - who they're gonna gravitate towards."

Batwoman: Ruby Rose (Full Interview)
Published on Aug 11, 2019, by Entertainment Tonight

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1