Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Such a bad look, not being able to let go of the fact that she failed as a love interest.

Idiot!!!!! I have to wonder if she doesn't know she's looks like an idiot or she's going to die on this hill so she can make a living off her fan base.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Such a bad look, not being able to let go of the fact that she failed as a love interest.

Idiot!!!!! I have to wonder if she doesn't know she's looks like an idiot or she's going to die on this hill so she can make a living off her fan base.

Both!

I wonder if she remembers she's on a spinoff with Olicity's kid or if we're going to get an interview one day of her saying "In my mind, Mia is Oliver and Laurel's daughter...."

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Both!

I wonder if she remembers she's on a spinoff with Olicity's kid or if we're going to get an interview one day of her saying "In my mind, Mia is Oliver and Laurel's daughter...."

Oh pretty please

• LOL 3
23 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Both!

Hah, I'm waiting for it. "Laurel and Mia have grown so close, just like Laurel and Oliver did in the final season so I think of Mia as a product of that bond.." And that's before you get into any convoluted theories re COIE and merged/alternate timelines and parents that just *might* happen, though not likely. 

I can see why she's dying on this hill though, apart from never wavering from Lauriver since the first season and her head cannons, it is what a lot of her fanbase want to hear and generates more interest than if she celebrated BS's bond with Diaz for example. 😉

Edited by Featherhat
20 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Both!

Well, she liked a tweet tonight saying Mia should've been her daughter, so probably.

You cant help those who won't help themselves.

• LOL 8
1 minute ago, KenyaJ said:

Well, she liked a tweet tonight saying Mia should've been her daughter, so probably.

Seriously? But which Laurel’s daughter? Does she even care? I feel like I’m going to dread reading any of her interviews. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Based off Kat’s (opposing) likes, something tells me this Spinoff is going to be messy. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
7 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Based off Kat’s (opposing) likes, something tells me this Spinoff is going to be messy. 

Not that they're a major indicator, but I would say these likes, uh, maybe don't set the right tone. I mean it's fine for me! I'm a messy bitch who loves drama, but...

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Chaser said:

LOL. I just said on Twitter that the new show hasn't even started yet and already deserves its own tell-all. 

• LOL 2
5 hours ago, Chaser said:

Can I just say that adding KC to a show that’s supposed to push female empowerment is really really stupid...

Remember when she condescendingly said "Felicity can be the love interest, Laurel can be [whatever version of badass she think she's playing]"

How the turntables. Nobody with as much history of pitting female characters against each other as KC (Sara, Felicity, Dinah...) will ever make me believe she's for female empowerment if the #feminism push doesn't benefit her. She's always wanted the leading lady spot and she always thought that spot came with being BC and being the love interest. She trashed and shaded every female character that got in her way. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Not sure what happened to all of their eyes...

Maya was trying her best XD

but I'm surprised they managed to get so many of the cast together in one place outside of work

Eh, I'm not. With crossover filming, it's not like it's a normal Arrow schedule for them, so other show casts are probably filming for Arrow if "Arrow" is filming, plus it's not like all of them would be in all 5 episodes

Spoiler

like SA and KM who are the only cast members not there. They were even filming that day/night anyway according to paps. AMA and DR, who likely would also be in all 5 episodes, being at the party I guess is surprising, but even then it's just one day/night of them not filming.

It's kind of like last year's party. They were filming 707 during then so most of the entire cast were there then too.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, way2interested said:

It's kind of like last year's party. They were filming 707 during then so most of the entire cast were there then too.

I wonder if SA tries to make sure he's on set and filming so he has an excuse not to go. I can't really picture him at these kinds of parties.

Katherine McNamara Dives Into The Final Season Of The Hit CW Show, "Arrow"
BUILD Series   Oct. 18, 2019

-- KM is wearing green pants in honor of her "father."

-- On whether she knew, when she got the role of Mia Smoak, what the future looked like for Mia, KM: "I knew what the potential was, and I knew what the idea was, but the whole idea was, trying to see what worked and what audiences would respond to and kind of how the rest of the story, because they had so much there to do and so much they didn't know about the future of the show. So there were a lot of things that had to be worked out. So it was all a question mark. But I just had the best time from day one, and Beth and Marc and everybody over at Arrow has written Mia so wonderfully for - for now two years that, um, her story's been just a joy to create and to collaborate with them on. It's, um - it's such a rich character and one of the most interesting that I feel as I've ever played. And it's a great role to fit into."

-- On whether it was intimidating walking into this world of Arrow, which had already been on for seven years, KM: "It was very intimidating at first, especially because when I first auditioned, I didn't know who this character was. There were sides for a different character. It was a completely different thing. So when I was cast, I thought I was cast as a rookie cop that was going to interact with all these characters somehow. So I was researching, you know, how cops train and what they do and what their education is like. And then I get a call from Beth Schwartz, who's our showrunner, and she says, 'Hey, by the way, congrats, we're so happy to have you. By the way, everything you know is a lie. You're Oliver and Felicity's daughter. Goodbye!" Wai-, wai-, wai-, wai-, wait! Wait. I have so many questions. Back up. What's my name? What's going on? And so it was a whole process of learning what this character would be, what her back story was and - and how she fit into this world, especially being 20 years in the future. Filling in that 20-year gap of what happened, and how did Star City get here. It was a lot. But, you know, the writers have been so wonderful in filling me in and keeping me posted and kind of keeping me in the loop as to how things are changing. It's been so wonderful. I, um - I did have a moment when I walked into the Arrow Bunker for the first time. The first time I shot in there was during Arrow's 150th episode. And I walked in and I had a moment where I went, 'ooh, this is the Bunker,' cuz I watched the entire series to prep for this. Given that, you know, Emily and Stephen have put so much into their characters and their relationship being the product of that, I felt that I had to mine as much as I could out of it. Yeah."

-- KM said that she never knew the power of fandom before she did Shadowhunters. But now she does, so she knew a little more what to expect going into Arrow. KM: "I was very excited but equally trepidatious, given that Mia is not a canon character in the comics, given that it was brand new, it was kind of a back door into the story in a way that was kind of a big reveal, and I was hopeful that the fandom would be receptive. And they were. And, you know, people I feel as though have really come to respond to MIa and become attached to her and it's exciting to see her in this situation, in this season, because it's a completely different story."

-- KM: "Well, the biggest thing about this season in general of Arrow is that, for people who love the show, it's gonna be really special, because each episode kinda pays respect to a different aspect that has made Arrow Arrow. You know, we saw with the first episode, it went back to the pilot, it went through all of those moments and all of those characters that we loved so much. And that continues throughout, so it's - it's a really, really special way to pay tribute to this legacy that's been built. So with Mia in particular, we saw this kind of in the first episode, she's having to work on a team for the first time. She was raised by her mother alone in a cabin, trained by Nyssa al Ghul, who's an assassin. She's very much a lone wolf and is not used to having to consider the opinions of others or the safety of others. And that, particularly with her brother William, she promised her mom that she would look out for him, and he doesn't fight the way she does. She can't be there all the time to protect him, so - I mean, we even saw in that moment where the - the - you know, JJ gets the upper hand because she's concerned about William. That's a very real fear for her because it's the one thing she promised her mom. And that's something that's going to play into the season quite a bit."

-- On what she looks to for reference and to do research in playing a non-canon character like Mia, KM: "I think the biggest thing I look to in this instance in particular was Stephen's character and Emily's character because she is so much an amalgamation of her parents. She's all the best, brooding, focused, fierce parts of her father, with humorous, snarky, intelligent parts of her mother. And it all comes together to create this person that's completely different but sort of the best and worst flaws and assets of her parents. And - and trying to find little ways to thread in their nuances and things that make their characters special into Mia is a nice way to wink and play tribute to their legacy."

-- On how much they have filmed, KM: "I just finished the crossover... So, yeah, that's all I can say. That's all I can say, is that I'm in the crossover, and I can say no more than that. But, um, I just finished my pieces for the crossover... We have two more episodes to shoot for Arrow. And then, that's Arrow."

-- On the backdoor pilot and the tweeted "Green Arrow and the Canaries" comics cover, KM: "All I can say is, it's exciting to see what - what is coming. Potentially. You know, there - I know in episode 9 of Arrow, it kind of goes to what happens next. That's kind of the beginning of - the beginning of the epilogue of the series. And we'll see what they - what they do. I actually, truly don't know a lot yet. (Interviewer asked if they've filmed episode 9 yet)  No... We're about to start 9, so I'm just now getting information. I really don't know much... I've been, you know, in crossover land. So I've been in pretty much every different universe you could possibly imagine at this point. Um, I actually haven't been to the Arrow set in almost three weeks. Yeah. So that's been a huge departure. But I tell you what's so fun about crossover is that you get to see the interaction between different characters you would never otherwise see. And just for Mia, as a nerdy fan, it's so fun to just be on set. Everybody's in their suits. I'm like, (smiley reaction). It's so cool." She also talked about how each set "has it's own personality."

-- On why episode 4 is her favorite this season, KM: "Episode 4 is a huge turning point. It's really the end of episode 3 into the beginning of episode 4. It's - it changes everything. It's a huge moment and a huge event that not only changes Mia forever, but also changes the course of the entire arc of the story. And, uh, that's what you have when you're building to Crisis. 'Cause all bets are off and there are no rules anymore. And literally anything can happen. And it rocks Mia's world in a way that she never thought possible. And it really is going to force her to confront everything that she's tried to push away in her life."

-- KM graduated from high school at 14 and got her bachelor's degree at 17. She's currently pursuing a master's degree! 

-- KM is going to be in the remake of The Stand mini-series. She said that she's a big Stephen King fan.

-- In response to audience question about how Shadowhunters' fight training helped her on Arrow, KM said that she's a "very tiny person" and that she never thought she could be a physical person. So her Shadowhunters training taught her that she could be a fighter, which helped her play Mia on Arrow.

-- In response to audience question about comparing Clary and Mia, KM said that the two characters were similar in "their ferocity for what they feel is right. Mia and Clary will both fight tooth and nail for the people that they love, what they believe in, and the greater good in a sense... And they will do in the most feral of ways, if they have to." They are both "fierce women, who will not back down." However, this is more apparent in Clary than in Mia,, who "likes to mask all of her emotions."

Edited by tv echo

MB at Transylvania Comic Con on Oct. 19...

Manu Bennett la Cluj, actor Spartacus și Arrow, la Transylvania Comic Con
Ziarul eClujeanul  Oct. 19, 2019

-- MB said that Arrow was his first overseas job and that it was an "international platform" that helped him build an international audience

-- MB said that Arrow made Deathstroke, who wasn't a well known character from the comics at the time, more well-known in the world.

Edited by tv echo

Next weekend's comic cons (updated, with schedules)...

Hal-Con SciFi Con, October 25-27, 2019 (Halifax, NS, Canada)
John Barrowman-SAT. & SUN. only
http://hal-con.com/guest-list
Schedule
-Sat. (10/26) at 4:00pm - John Barrowman Q&A
-Sun. (10/27) at 10:00am - John Barrowman & Carole Barrowman Q&A

Wizard World Madison, October 25-27, 2019 (WI)
Kelly Hu and Sean Maher (also Teddy Sears) (also Tom Welling, Michael Rosenbaum, Erica Durance and Laura Vandervoort)
https://wizardworld.com/comiccon/madison
Programming
-Sat. (10/26) at 12:00pm - Women of Sci-Fi and Fantasy: A Conversation with Dichen Lachman and Kelly Hu
-Sat. (10/26) at 1:30pm - A Smallville Reunion with Tom Welling, Michael Rosenbaum, Laura Vandervoort and Erica Durance
-Sat. (10/26) at 3:30pm - A Conversation With Firefly's Jewel Staite And Sean Maher
-Sun. (10/27) at 12:00pm - Bringing DC Comics to TV with Laura Vandervoort, Sean Pertwee and Teddy Sears
-Sun. (10/27) at 1:00pm - Voice Acting Masterclass with Ken Page & Kelly Hu

Edited by tv echo

Another interview that KM did while she was in NYC...

The Sit-Down: Katherine McNamara
CBS Local News   Oct. 21, 2019

Spoiler

-- KM mentioned that she's just coming out of "crossover season in the Arrowverse," adding that it's "fun" but "mental" (alluding to the crossover shooting schedule).

-- When asked how being in the CW's Arrowverse is different from other things that she's done, KM said that it's "legendary" to see these "superheroes" and "classic tropes," but added that "they are pushing the envelope" to "do so many new things" that it's "constantly something fresh and different and exciting."

-- KM's favorite Disney princesses were Mulan and Pocahontas.

-- KM said that her whole family "is in science and medicine" and that she wanted to be an economist as a kid. She was a "huge math nerd." She then realized that math and science had real world application. She was also a ballet dancer as a kid and got involved in community theater through a friend. Once she got on stage (at age 12), she realized that she wanted to act as her career. But she still went ahead and got her business degree. She said that she moved to NYC right after starting university and that a lot of schools in NY won't let you attend school in the arts and work professionally in the same fields. So she had to make a choice: quit the Broadway show that she moved to NYC to do, quit college, or switch majors. Her fellow cast members on A Little Night Music advised her that since she was already doing what she went to school to do, she should "branch out" and go back to her old interests (like business and economics) and "round [herself] out as a human being." So that's what she did, and she's glad of it, because now she can manage her career from both a business perspective and a creative perspective. She did her undergrad at Drexel University in Philadelphia, which was one of the first schools to have a fully online degree program, so she had classmates who were working full-time in a lot of different industries. She's currently working on a master's degree in literature. 

-- KM then talked about getting cast in the reboot of Stephen King's The Stand, which also stars Whoopi Goldberg and Alexander Skarsgård. Later in the interview, she added that she's excited to do this mini-series, but it's more grounded than other projects that she's done.

-- KM said that she reads her own contracts, although she has an attorney, because she's seen too many people getting taken advantage of in the entertainment industry. She then usually has "20 questions" for her attorney. She also said that she "was raised to have a very thick skin."

-- After Shadowhunters, KM didn't think that she'd be a part of a show "as special" as Arrow.  KM: "What's great about it is, Arrow also has that kind of fandom and has that kind of epic nature to it. Um, and especially given the fact, playing the daughter of Oliver and Felicity, which is a relationship that's become so beloved, and two characters that have become so beloved on the show, then moving forward, creating a character that is an amalgamation of the two of them? It's been so fun. I have seven seasons of rich history to get to go back and draw from their characters." Referring to video clip of flashforward scene from Arrow 801 that's being shown during this interview, KM: "And then, this scene in particular, I love Ben Lewis so much. He plays my brother William on this. We've had the best time, both being the products, in a sense, of these two characters, but different sides of the same coin. You know, pretty much when you have Oliver and Felicity, you either get a Mia or you get a William. And there's not much in between. (Laughs) But it's great to see kind of this next generation and this Future Team Arrow is, uh, four really, really strong folks that are all trying to take on the legacy of their parents and work together as a team, but none of them know quite what they're doing yet.

It's - you saw Original Team Arrow, but they all kind of fit together and they started off and were so heroic from the get-go. You really didn't get to see their growing pains. And that's what we get to see this season with, uh, with Future Team Arrow, as it all fits together with, you know, the story as it comes to a close. But, I don't know, I think Arrow this season is so special. The writers knew this was the final season, so they were really able to think about how they wanted to end this story that they've all given so much to. And - and every episode is kind of a love letter and a respect to an aspect of Arrow that's made it so - such a legacy. Um, so it's exciting for people who've watched the show from the beginning."

-- KM just finished watching Breaking Bad. She also watched Dead to Me and Succession, and she loved Orphan Black.

Edited by tv echo

Video of WH panel at FACTS Convention in Ghent, Belgium, last weekend (Oct. 19 or 20, she had a panel on each day) - sorry, the audio is bad and I wasn't interested enough to transcribe anything (warning: a little spoilery stuff), but WH does talk about her character of Thea Queen in Arrow, working with JB, other projects (like The O.C.), some personal info, her reasons for leaving Arrow (it was her decision), etc....

Q&A Willa Holland Facts 2019
Insert Coin   Oct. 24, 2019

Edited by tv echo

Katherine McNamara On Joining ‘Arrow’ Full Time [VIDEO]
October 23, 2019 
https://cwatlanta.cbslocal.com/2019/10/23/katherine-mcnamara-on-joining-arrow-full-time/

-- KM: "I had always been tangentially familiar with Arrow because of Shadowhunters. And we have Malec and Clace and those ships, and Olicity was always in the mix whenever big TV ships were being talked about, naturally. So I was definitely aware of the show. I had seen a few episodes. But it wasn't one that I necessarily followed myself. And I remember getting a phone call from the showrunner of Arrow. She gave me a phone call and said, 'Hey, congrats, we're so happy to have you on the show. We're really excited to get started. By the way, everything you know is a lie. Uh, you are actually the daughter of Oliver and Felicity. And it's great. Let's get started.' And I went, 'Wai - wai - wai - wait! I now have several questions. And first, let me get over this, um, speechless panic attack that I'm having here. Because I had started watching the show, knowing that I had, you know, a part on it. And, um, you can tell, just the weight of the fandom and how much they really care about this relationship and how much work that Stephen and Emily have put in for the last eight years in crafting, not only this relationship, but also each of these individual characters."

-- KM: "It's been a very interesting season. And, um, as new as I am to the show, I kind of have a little bit of an objective perspective. But you can tell that this is such a family. You know, a lot of this crew has been together since Smallville. And even just on Arrow, it's been almost a decade. And you really can feel the bond that everyone has and especially I see it in Stephen as he's coming to terms with the fact that, you know, the journey's coming to a close."

-- KM: "This season is really special... Every single episode honors a certain element of what has made Arrow Arrow."

-- On shooting the crossover, KM: "I do have to say, simply because it's one of those moments where you look around and go, I get to do this for a living, this is my job and it's pretty cool. 'Cause you're standing around. Everybody's in a supersuit. Some people have iconic things emblazoned on their chest. And getting to be even a small part of that, it's amazing. It's the best group of people. We have such a good time. And mad respect to the folks who create the schedule and make it all work, because it is absolutely mental but fun as hell."

Edited by tv echo

This is quite perfect. 

All I have, I will give to you
In dark times when no one wants to
I will give you me
And we'll be
Us

All I have, I will give to you
And at times when no one wants to
I will give you me
And we'll be
Us
And there's no one else

That knows me
Like you do
All I've done, you've done too
The walls I
Hide behind
You walk through
You just walk through

Well I know all the words
To take you apart
You know I know you're hurt
I want to mend your heart
You broke down
Why don't you tell me from the start
You know I know you're hurt
I want to mend your heart
And there's no one else

That knows me
Like you do
What I've done
You've done too
The walls I
Hide behind
You walk through
You just walk through

• Love 5
On 10/21/2019 at 9:13 AM, tv echo said:

Hal-Con SciFi Con, October 25-27, 2019 (Halifax, NS, Canada)
John Barrowman-SAT. & SUN. only
http://hal-con.com/guest-list
Schedule
-Sat. (10/26) at 4:00pm - John Barrowman Q&A
-Sun. (10/27) at 10:00am - John Barrowman & Carole Barrowman Q&A

Wizard World Madison, October 25-27, 2019 (WI)
Kelly Hu and Sean Maher (also Teddy Sears) (also Tom Welling, Michael Rosenbaum, Erica Durance and Laura Vandervoort)
https://wizardworld.com/comiccon/madison
Programming
-Sat. (10/26) at 12:00pm - Women of Sci-Fi and Fantasy: A Conversation with Dichen Lachman and Kelly Hu
-Sat. (10/26) at 1:30pm - A Smallville Reunion with Tom Welling, Michael Rosenbaum, Laura Vandervoort and Erica Durance
-Sat. (10/26) at 3:30pm - A Conversation With Firefly's Jewel Staite And Sean Maher
-Sun. (10/27) at 12:00pm - Bringing DC Comics to TV with Laura Vandervoort, Sean Pertwee and Teddy Sears
-Sun. (10/27) at 1:00pm - Voice Acting Masterclass with Ken Page & Kelly Hu

Addition to this weekend's comic cons...

Celebrity Fan Fest Preview Con, October 26-27, 2019 (San Antonio, TX)
(Brandon Routh and Helen Slater)
https://pmxevents.com/preview-con-guests/#preview-celebs
Schedule
-Sat. (10/26) at 11:30am - Brandon Routh & Helen Slater Panel
-Sun. (10/27) at 3:00pm - Brandon Routh & Helen Slater Panel 

Edited by tv echo

SA and his wife were apparently at a Halloween party last night...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7615965/Cindy-Crawford-looks-like-disco-dream-hubby-Rande-Casamigos-star-packed-Halloween-soiree.html

And Jessica Biel and her husband Justin Timberlake went all out for their costumes as they attended the Brought to You by Those Who Drink It Halloween party at Casamigos co-founder Mike Meldman's Beverly Hills home on Friday.    
Arrow actor Stephen Amell and wife Cassandra Jean went for a cute couple's costume. She dressed as a can of Heinz beans while he slipped into a hot dog costume. 

20208846-7615965-Food_for_thought_Arrow_ 

For the Love of Fandoms, November 2-3, 2019 (Paris, France)
Josh Segarra (Floriana Lima)
http://www.empire-conventions.fr/for_the_love_of_fandoms.html
Schedule
-Sat. (11/2) at 4:30pm - Floriana Lima & Ben Barnes Panel

Rhode Island Comic Con, November 1-3, 2019 (Providence, RI)
John Barrowman, Alex Kingston and Emily Kinney (also Amanda Pays) (also John Glover)
http://www.ricomiccon.com/guests
Panel Schedule
-Sat. (11/2) at 2:00pm - John Barrowman: A Hero, a Villain, and a Hero Again
-Sun. (11/3) at 11:30am - Celebrating the Amazing Career of Alex Kingston
-Sun. (11/3) at 1:00pm - The Walking Dead: Life After the End (incl. Emily Kinney)
-No panels scheduled for Amanda Pays or John Glover.

Tulsa Pop Culture Expo, November 2-3, 2019 (OK)
Summer Glau (also Dean Cain)
https://www.tulsapopcultureexpo.com/guests/celebrities/
Schedule
-Sat. (11/2) at 11:00am - Dean Cain Q&A Panel
-Sun. (11/3) at 11:30am - Summer Glau Q&A Panel

Edited by tv echo

DR says that S2 was the season that really "cemented" the characters and the season that said Arrow was a "bona fide hit"...

Arrow | David Ramsey - The Defining Season | The CW
The CW Network   Oct. 28, 2019