Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, lemotomato said:

I can't believe no one has told her she's been putting the wrong time for 3 weeks

It takes a special person to work in the TV industry for decades, and yet still believe that a broadcast network drama would conceivably air at 6pm. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Next weekend's comic cons (updated, with schedules)...

Reno Pop Culture Con, November 8-10, 2019
John Barrowman and Summer Glau (also Barry Lyga, author of The Flash: Green Arrow’s Perfect Shot)
https://renopopculturecon.com/guests/
Panels and Programming
-Sat. (11/9) at 2:00pm - Summer Glau and Jewel Staite Spotlight
-Sat. (11/9) at 5:00pm - John Barrowman Spotlight
-Sat. (11/9) at 5:00pm - Can We Write (and Read) Books That Speak to Kids and Teens? (incl. Barry Lyga)
-Sat. (11/9) at 6:00pm - Is There a Sci-Fi Book in Your Future? (incl. Barry Lyga)
-Sun. (11/10) at 11:30am - SciFi/Fantasy Every Age Group Will Enjoy (incl. Barry Lyga)

GalaxyCon Minneapolis, November 8-10, 2019 (MN)
Alex Kingston (also John Wesley Shipp, Neal Adams, DC artist of Green Arrow comics, and Benjamin Percy, DC writer of Green Arrow comics) (also Kevin Conroy)
https://minneapolis.galaxycon.com/guests/
Schedule of Events
-Fri. (11/8) at 2:45pm - Alex Kingston - Doctor Who, Arrow Q&A
-Fri. (11/8) at 4:45pm - 80 Years of Batman Celebration (incl. Neal Adams)
-Sat. (11/9) at 4:45pm - Kevin Conroy - Batman The Animated Series Q&A
-Sun. (11/10) at 1:15pm - Breaking Into Comics (incl. Neal Adams)
-Sun. (11/10) at 3:15pm - John Wesley Shipp - The Flash, Dawson's Creek Q&A
-Sun. (11/10) at 4:30pm - X Marks the Spot! (incl. Benjamin Percy)

Wizard World Austin, November 8-10, 2019 (TX)
Kelly Hu (also Teddy Sears) (also Tom Welling, Erica Durance, Michael Rosenbaum, Kristin Kreuk, Laura Vandervoort and John Glover)
https://wizardworld.com/comiccon/austin
Programming Schedule
-Sat. (11/9) at 1:30pm - Smallville Archrivals: A Reunion With Tom Welling, Michael Rosenbaum And John Glover
-Sat. (11/9) at 2:30pm - The Women Of Smallville: A Conversation With Kristin Kreuk, Erica Durance And Laura Vandervoort
-Sun. (11/10) at 12:00pm - Bringing DC Comics To TV With Drew Powell And Teddy Sears
-Sun. (11/10) at 1:00pm - Kelly Hu Is Awesome: A Conversation With Kelly Hu

Edited by tv echo

This is interesting - video of a b-t-s featurette from The Flash Season 1 blu-ray (I had only seen a portion of this featurette before)

The Chemistry of Emily and Grant Screen Test - The Flash [HD]
CDCS   Mar. 10, 2019

-- Greg Berlanti: "The purpose of the screen test was to see if somebody could come into the moving train that was Arrow and be the Flash. It was a real burden for someone like Grant to ultimately bear, because you have to come on and you have 75 years of history of this character that everybody knows. You have to feel like there's a whole show behind you that could happen and we'd be interested."

-- Greg Berlanti: "From the second that Grant came in on his own, we kind knew he was Barry. And not because he looked obviously like Barry from the comic book, because he kinda didn't. And not because he felt old enough as the part what we were sorta imagining in our head, because he wasn't. But he had the heart, you know, and Grant had the acting chops to carry this role."

-- Andrew Kreisberg: "We're making a pilot. Like, like every milestone means the world. Like, it's when you pitch it, when you finish the script. I mean, every step along the way feels so huge. And we felt strongly that if Felicity loved Barry Allen, the audience would love Barry Allen too, because the audience trusts and knows and loves Felicity." 

-- Andrew Kreisberg: "You can't predict or count on chemistry. and there was just magic between them. ... Emily Bett Rickards was generous enough to let us fly her down and do this screen test, and you could just see it between the two of them. They just had chemistry. It's hard to talk about because it's - it's - you know, if it was quantifiable, you know, everybody would be doing it."

-- Andrew Kreisberg: "You could see in the words and then seeing the actors and seeing the chemistry and seeing the world that we were even creating in that little bit of screen test that there really was a show there."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Yeah, that’s ridiculous. Especially when you see the Arrow account promoting the other Arrowverse shows since SA announced EBR’s return. 

How do you not know who runs the social media account for your own show?? 

The Arrow account has ignored all tweets by Kat M and the Flashforward actors but RTed all three of KC's "I'm going to livetweet at 6PM EST" posts. Of course it would refuse to acknowledge EBR's return but immediately RT the news about Paul Blackthorn, he's a Lance.

• Love 6

The thing that gets me about the account is that it’s not incompetence. If that was the case everyone would get the shaft, but it’s only EBR, Olicity related. That says it’s an actual decision. I can’t believe they’ve gotten away with it so long. ESP with them getting Kat and pushing a spin off. 

• Love 6

A lot of good, background info on JDJ (no spoilers)...

Joseph David-Jones, 'Arrow' - The TV Dudes Interview
thetvdudes   Nov. 6, 2019

This week, Les Weiler chats with actor Joseph David-Jones about playing various Connors Hawke on the CW series 'Legends of Tomorrow' and 'Arrow', his time in the land of country music on CMT's 'Nashville', and more. Check it out!

THE 24 HOUR PLAYS BROADWAY
Monday, November 18th, 2019 @ 8 PM
The Laura Pels Theater
Six brand-new plays written and rehearsed in 24 hours, and performed for one night only on November 18th.

Stars of stage and screen gather for 24 hours during our 19th Annual The 24 Hour Plays Broadway Gala to honor the career of Academy Award®-winning actress Kathy Bates, and celebrate and support the Lymphatic Education & Research Network (LE&RN).

Edited by tv echo
20 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Ben Lewis is really such a gem, especially on social media. 

He really is a definite fave. And the social media presence is only sugar on top of his presence on the show, wherein he made me care more abou teen William once the adult version showed up. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Trisha said:

I feel that I need to pour a bottle of Nocking Point on the streets of Vancouver once he finishes.  I teared up seeing this...and reminded myself I only started watching in season 3. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

No matter what the article says, his inability to handle criticism will always get the better of him. Like taking the time to realize that he's about to give the article traffic which is EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT 😂

• Love 11
1 hour ago, RS3 said:

No matter what the article says, his inability to handle criticism will always get the better of him. Like taking the time to realize that he's about to give the article traffic which is EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT 😂

Yeah, I'm sure that tiny little site got a huge traffic boost.

No matter what the article said, the tired 'people write articles because they can't create anything themselves' whine is such a slap in the face to entertainment reporters in general -- especially at a time when Arrow is getting a lot of lovely coverage leading up to the crossover/finale. So dumb.

• Love 5

Yeah dude..... Arrow is getting press like it hasn't in a few years which I know you enjoy. Let the people who disagree do their thing and concentrate on the good, of which there is loads. And as you in particular are getting a lot of kind comments on your acting range: be grateful for that as you go into your next project where you're going to need the good will being created this season. Hopefully to the end, please stick the landing. 

Edit: I did check the link and it's about Code 8 which I imagine is a huge passion project and makes him more emotional when faced with any criticism but the point really still stands. You guys made a movie, be proud of that

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

What did the article say??? I haven't been able to load it!

Trailer: CODE 8 Takes Superhero Movies Low Budget

Not In The Kick-Ass or Super Way

There are real superpowers. There is no irony. And it kind of works.

At least in the trailer.

From the official summary:

In a world where 4% of the population is born with varying supernatural abilities, a desperate young man possessing special powers clashes with a militarized police force after committing a series of crimes. 

Sounds like that goofy Will Smith greenlight called Brilliance we wrote about a couple of months ago. Except this doesn’t have Akiva Goldsman involved.

I guess we can do much worse than a Neill Blomkamp hack. Those super-police look very similar to the robots cops in Elysium. 

The low-key use of special effects is a good move. Why try to do something big when you don’t have the money to make it look right?

Hell, even if you have hundreds of millions it can still look like shit.

Code 8 is based on the short film of the same name. Both are written and directed by Jeff Chan, who also directed 2014’s Grace: The Possession.

I’d never heard of it either, but it’s good to see people making their own small, personal, experimental films that no one will ever see.

Code 8 drops on VOD December 16, 2019.

• Useful 1