Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

The WB just posted the alumni listing from its 2019 WB Directors Workshop - however, KC's name is missing...

https://televisionworkshop.warnerbros.com/alumni/directors/

The Warner Bros. Television Directors’ Workshop is proud of what our alumni have accomplished and what they are continuing to produce. Learn a little more about our recent alumni by clicking the names below:

America Young
Bola Ogun
Caity Lotz
Charissa S
Chell Stephen
Jes Macallan
Lauren Petzke
Mo Perkins
Nat Boltt
Ryan Zaragoza

Also, KC is not mentioned in this Aug. 28, 2019 Variety article about 2019 alumni of The WB's TV Directors' Workshop all landing directing assignments:

The entire 2019 class of the Waner[sic] Bros. TV Directors’ Workshop has landed directing gigs on a Warner Bros. series.
The upcoming assignments in the 2019-20 television season for new graduates include: Bola Ogun is set to direct an episode of “Legacies” and episodes of “Lucifer” and “God Friended Me”; America Young will direct an episode of “Blindspot” and “Legacies”; Lauren Petzke is set to direct an episode of “Legacies”; Charissa Sanjarernsuithikul will direct and episode of “God Friended Me”; Chell Stephen will direct an episode of “Riverdale”; Mo Perkins will helm an episode of “Manifest”; Ryan Zaragoza will direct an episode of “All American”; Caity Lotz is set to direct an episode foof “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow”; for the 2020-21 season (pending renewals): Jes Macallan will direct an episode of “DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.” Nathalie Boltt will direct an episode of “Riverdale.”

We know KC participated in this workshop because she talked repeatedly in interviews about going through this two-month WB directors' program during her hiatus earlier this year (for example: Aug. 19, 2019 Newsarama article). We also saw a pic of KC with her classmates posted on social media. (The original class appears to be larger than the final 10 graduates.)

So why isn't KC listed among the 2019 alumni? It's curious.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Andrea Sixtos From CW's Arrow stops by to talk 'East Los High' and Superheros
BUZZ   Dec. 25, 2019

-- AS first talked about her previous role in East Los High (Hulu series).

-- AS then compared her East Los High character to her Zoe character on Arrow (similar), and also mentioned being welcomed by the Arrow cast and fanbase.

-- AS talked about being influenced by her older sister, who made videos, and then getting into print modeling when she was 12 (for Macys, etc.). After a family meeting, her family decided to move to Los Angeles so the children could pursue acting.

-- When asked about playing a superhero, AS talked about going in for her "costume test" and getting video-recorded in her costume for the first time. She also met SA then and he asked her how she felt about putting on a superhero suit for the first time. She said that she felt "great," like she "could do anything." SA replied that you feel like "you could conquer the world" and that that "feeling never changes" when you wear your superhero suit.

-- AS said that, with these roles she's playing nowadays, she gets messages from young kids who are inspired by the storylines on her shows (standing up for yourself and your loved ones, improving your self-esteem).

-- When asked for advice about getting into the Hollywood industry, AS said that you should get "comfortable with yourself first" and then it's a matter of "being seen." She said that she was shy as a kid. She advised just getting on stage and also studying. She said that you have to "believe in yourself" and that you should find a supportive community.

Edited by tv echo

I found this full script for Arrow's 1x01 pilot, which is labeled "2ND NETWORK DRAFT" and dated Jan. 11, 2012 - it appears to have more dialogue and more scenes than what we saw in the aired episode (according to this script, Oliver is 27 when he is rescued from Lian Yu, while both Tommy and Laurel are 28, and Laurel is also described as "blonde, smart sexy," Diggle is 35)...
http://www.screenplaysandscripts.com/tv_pages/links/A/Arrow_1x01_-_Pilot.pdf.html
(Click/press "DOWNLOAD")
http://www.screenplaysandscripts.com/tv_script_files/A/Arrow_1x01_-_Pilot.pdf 
(Direct link to script)

Some scenes in this full script that I don't recall seeing in the aired episode:

• Longer voiceover intro.
  • Cat Grant (25 years old) reporting on Oliver's return from the dead.
  • Tommy in bed with a woman when he sees the news broadcast of Oliver's return from the dead.
  • Thea with her two bffs, Niva and Margo, discussing Oliver's return from the dead.
  • Raisa talking to another house staff member, Ivan, about Oliver's return.
  • Longer scene between Sara and Oliver on the boat, where Sara hints at having a relationship beyond the boat trip.
  • Longer scene between Oliver and his father in the water, where Oliver says Sara's death is his fault.
  • Another Oliver and Raisa scene about how he's different.
  • Oliver trading diamonds for cash money in the Russian Market in Starling City.
  • Oliver talking to a realtor about buying a burnt out tenement building that runs over old, abandoned subway lines (he pays with the cash he got from selling the diamonds).
  • Raft scene where Hackett actually speaks!
  • Adam Hunt warning Laurel's CNRI boss, Eric Gitter, to call off his people.
  • Hackett pulling a knife when he suspects that Robert intends to kill him on the raft.
  • Moira firing Diggle (because he was found unconscious in a closet), but Oliver taking the blame and saving Diggle's job.
  • Moira and Oliver talking about Walter.

FYI, previously posted in this forum were two 1x01 script excerpts, which are slightly different from what is in the above full script:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGc4koQU8AAh_qi.jpg
(Compare to page 32 of above full script)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGc4koOUEAA2AOa.jpg
(Compare to page 33 of above full script)

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

After reading this description of Oliver in the above script, I understood exactly why SA was cast - he is able to act through his eyes alone...

Oliver’s REFLECTION in a WINDOW. A city’s SKYLINE beyond.
He’s clean-shaven now, hair cut. His face angular, still
handsome. But those eyes, still an enigma...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Here's the 2008 script for the Green Arrow: Escape from Supermax movie that was written by Justin Marks - very interesting read...
http://www.screenplaysandscripts.com/script_files/G/Green.Arrow.Script.pdf

Also, I found this Feb. 16, 2011 script for a Flash movie that was written by Marc Guggenheim and Michael Green (based on a story by Greg Berlanti, Guggenheim and Green) - it's interesting to see which elements of this movie script ended up in the Arrow S2 episodes introducing Barry Allen and The Flash TV series, and which elements changed...
http://www.screenplaysandscripts.com/script_files/F/Flash (Green _ Guggenheim).pdf

FYI, here's the script for the Green Lantern movie that was written by the same trio of Berlanti, Guggenheim and Green...
http://www.screenplaysandscripts.com/script_files/G/Green Lantern Movie Script.pdf

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

KM was at the InStyle and Warner Bros. Golden Globes After Party and also at the Amazon Studios Golden Globes After Party on Sunday (yesterday)...23049878-7856361-image-a-4_1578307638836

Katherine's emerald gown featured one sleeve and also flashed her toned pins with its perilously high thigh slit, as she posed up a storm for the cameras. 
She wore her tinted pink locks in loose glamorous waves and accentuated her pretty features with a touch of blue eye shadow and a slick of pink lip gloss.

(source)

katherine-mcnamara-attends-the-amazon-st

(source)

Also, KC and CL were together at the Amazon Studios Golden Globes After Party...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

CL looks great, this is one of my favourite looks on her, Sara always looks fantastic when she goes old school glamourous on the show as well. KC looks fine on the top half but that skirt seems intended to provoke an "oh I thought she was bottomless!" double take. 

With KM, I love the colour but I don't care how much tape or hell, superglue you used, I would be worried about things shifting a few millimetres without me noticing during the evening. 

• Love 4

Yeah the cut and colour of KC's hair do her no favours at all, especially with the tan. The face would suit a softer style much better. If the new show gets picked up I hope she changes it but maybe they'll want her to keep it so all three women have different colours/styles. 

RE: SA's comment. I assume he was joking.... Arrow's shirtless posters were good marketing for obvious reasons and he was shirtless training quite a bit but I can't think of a reason for a wrestler to be in speedos even with a skimpy costume? Unless it's one of those shows where the cast do really random promos and shots to get attention. 

14 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

Yeah the cut and colour of KC's hair do her no favours at all, especially with the tan. The face would suit a softer style much better. If the new show gets picked up I hope she changes it but maybe they'll want her to keep it so all three women have different colours/styles. 

RE: SA's comment. I assume he was joking.... Arrow's shirtless posters were good marketing for obvious reasons and he was shirtless training quite a bit but I can't think of a reason for a wrestler to be in speedos even with a skimpy costume? Unless it's one of those shows where the cast do really random promos and shots to get attention. 

I'm guessing that she may have been given some direction to not change her hair color since she usually doesn't stick to it this long. Though it could just be that it's easier to manage at the length it's at. 

16 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

SA's comment. I assume he was joking.... Arrow's shirtless posters were good marketing for obvious reasons and he was shirtless training quite a bit but I can't think of a reason for a wrestler to be in speedos even with a skimpy costume? Unless it's one of those shows where the cast do really random promos and shots to get attention. 

Tons of wrestlers' costumes are Speedos or a similar type, so it's not really surprising. Plus, the same type of promo did really well for Arrow, although I'm surprised SA is up for doing tons of shirtless stuff again.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

Yeah the cut and colour of KC's hair do her no favours at all, especially with the tan. The face would suit a softer style much better. 

Agreed. I don't think this hairstyle or color suits her face at all. 

7 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Tons of wrestlers' costumes are Speedos or a similar type, so it's not really surprising. Plus, the same type of promo did really well for Arrow, although I'm surprised SA is up for doing tons of shirtless stuff again.

Maybe he's more willing to do it since the Heels is only 8 episode?

29 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Thanks. I haven't seen a huge amount of wrestling and what I was imagining was more of a very skin tight/skimpier gymnasts costume, and I often get distracted by the face paint. 

I guess he's agreed to it because it was part of what got him noticed as Arrow at the beginning, got people taking and watching and they're hoping to attract as much of an audience as possible to this show. And as @apinknightmare said it's for a much shorter time period so more of the year to relax the training and diet. 

Usually CL’s outfits a mess and KC usually looks good, they switched. Not feeling Kat’s dress at all it’s ugly af, her look the night before was great tho. 

Hate KC’s hair. It was pretty when it was chin length and blonde but the short platinum doesn’t work. CL’s outfit is nice, but please start wearing sunscreen people. Both K&C are early thirties looking ten years older.

I hate wrestling and I’m not a SA fan, so he’s not someone I’d follow to other projects. Is anyone planning on watching?

Edited by JJ928

Television Critics Association (TCA) has posted a tentative schedule for its Winter 2020 TCA Press Tour - no listing for The CW...
http://tvcritics.org/press-tour-schedule-overview/

SpoilerTV posted what looks like a more detailed schedule, but still no CW listing (unless it's part of the WarnerMedia presentation...
https://www.spoilertv.com/2019/11/winter-2020-tca-press-tour-dates.html

Wednesday, Jan. 15: WarnerMedia (HBO, HLN, TNT, TBS)

Edited by tv echo

Re the Golden Globe outfits:

CL looks gorgeous and classy. KC looked older than she is, like she was trying for a good look but went too far in a Sharon Stone direction.

KM's outfit reminded me of those Renaissance portraits that were sent to potential suitors to show that the woman in question is young and fertile.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3

So this is what MG was talking about when he mentioned his directing debut in a previously posted podcast interview - he's directing episode 514 of LoT...
https://twitter.com/ketomizu/status/1214668090400636928 

DCN Podcast Exclusive Interview With Marc Guggenheim
Joshua Raynor  December 13, 2019
https://dccomicsnews.com/2019/12/13/dcn-podcast-exclusive-interview-with-marc-guggenheim/
-- MG said that he's about to fly to Vancouver for prep on "the very first episode of television that I'm going to direct." He's been a writer and/or showrunner for 19 years.
-- MG mentioned his upcoming directing debut again and said that he's always been "curious" if he would be a good director. MG: "It's good to direct for the very first time with family." [tv echo: Maybe I missed it, but I didn't hear which show's episode he would be directing. It sounds like an Arrowverse show.]

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

That's sad, they looked extremely happy together on their wedding day. Yeah so much news today it's not going to go too far. January is a big month for filing for divorce in general - stressful holidays and start of a new year/beginning etc. 

JH and her hubby broke up??? Really??? Wow! When?

And Katie was barely married! I didn't think you could even get pissed off with someone enough to get divorced in a year. Usually takes years before things go stale.

Actually I've always been fascinated with broken engagements. I helped a guy and his fiance pick out a cake beater for their wedding registry at a department store once. They were very confused and I'm an obsessive baker.

Three months later I ended up working with him at the same workplace. Of course I beamed at him and enthusiastically asked about the wedding only to be informed they called it off 😱

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • LOL 2
40 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Of course I beamed at him and enthusiastically asked about the wedding only to be informed they called it off 😱

Oops. Awkward. 😂  

But yes, I’m shocked to hear about Juliana and her husband.  I’ve been googling, but I can’t find anything about it.  Caity....I’m not sure how long she and her current (or, well, I guess not so much) boyfriend had been together, but I had the impression they’d been together for quite a while. 

58 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

JH and her hubby broke up??? Really??? Wow! When?

People on twitter noticed that she wasn't wearing her rings at SDCC and that there were some dramatic posts on her (ex)husband's Instagram account around that time. They also unfollowed each other on IG.

Re: the KC news-- I think the wedding planning lasted longer than the marriage. That's pretty unfortunate.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2