Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Here's video of the Arrow panel at SDCC on July 20 (warning: contains some spoilers, which will be transcribed and posted in the Spoilers thread - I don't have time to do the transcriptions today, but they will be done later this week)...

Arrow SDCC 2019 Final Season Panel
Published on Jul 22, 2019, by Matthew Mendez

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

The hair looks worse in person. I don't know what that style is called but the best I've seen it looking (and I don't think it ever looks good) is with longer hair.

It's interesting that Cassidy views the show as saving her life. It explains why she held on with everything she had when she could have easily moved on to another CW show (Damian even called her the CW Queen at the panel) after Laurel turned out to not only be unpopular but outright disliked from the pilot. It also explains why the network higher ups kept her around and gave her characters so many chances. My question now is what she's going to do next. Is it going to be even harder for her to move on with her career now that the show will be gone? She hasn't shown interest in moving to another Arrowverse show because she was clinging to this one so tight but will she suddenly try and pitch moving Black Siren or another doppelganger to, say, Supergirl in an effort to remain in the universe? There's no way a Birds of Prey show will happen so the best she can do to remain in the universe is to join an existing cast. But that also brings a whole host of problems as well so I'm curious if she'll try or move on.

• Love 6
(edited)
51 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

The hair looks worse in person. I don't know what that style is called but the best I've seen it looking (and I don't think it ever looks good) is with longer hair.

It's interesting that Cassidy views the show as saving her life. It explains why she held on with everything she had when she could have easily moved on to another CW show (Damian even called her the CW Queen at the panel) after Laurel turned out to not only be unpopular but outright disliked from the pilot. It also explains why the network higher ups kept her around and gave her characters so many chances. My question now is what she's going to do next. Is it going to be even harder for her to move on with her career now that the show will be gone? She hasn't shown interest in moving to another Arrowverse show because she was clinging to this one so tight but will she suddenly try and pitch moving Black Siren or another doppelganger to, say, Supergirl in an effort to remain in the universe? There's no way a Birds of Prey show will happen so the best she can do to remain in the universe is to join an existing cast. But that also brings a whole host of problems as well so I'm curious if she'll try or move on.

Wasnt she alluding to being in a dark place right before/during S1? By the time she was let go in S4 things appeared to be fine, she briefly moved on even though it was only 2-3months before they did that "contract" so I dont think she spent the entire series needing the show as a band-aid. 

Edited by Primal Slayer

The only interviews of hers that I still remember were during her Supernatural run when she said (not in a bad way) that her relationship with David was more like an uncle who shows up occasionally to have some fun while her stepfather was her father in every way that mattered. There was also some piece published after her DUI in Arizona where she expressed regret but that one is murkier. There have been so many articles and social media posts since Arrow began that it's hard to keep track of them so she may have talked about being in a bad place before getting Laurel but I don't remember reading it.

5 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

Well, Katie liked some messages on Instagram about going to Legends.

She's liked all sorts of posts over the years. Sometimes it means something and sometimes it doesn't. I doubt Black Siren is going to move over to any of the other Arrowverse shows. I thought Laurel would have worked over on Flash if they'd gone the metahuman route with her and that show was put together right when everyone thought she was being phased out in favor of Sara's Black Canary. But they didn't move her, Laurel was killed, and Black Siren wouldn't fit at all.

The smart move is for her to get a brand new show and finally move away from Laurel and her doppelgangers. If The CW still sees her as its network queen then they can send her a bunch of scripts for prospective shows and let her take her pick like they did with Arrow.

Same goes for Harkavy. She's expressed an interest in moving to LOT (and I'm 100% over actors and entertainment writers acting like LOT doesn't have its own voice and is just the dumping ground for any character that leaves a different show) but she wouldn't fit there at all. She should try for a new CW pilot or take a chance on another network. Or if she and Cassidy truly are as close as they seem they could always team up on a pilot.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

She's liked all sorts of posts over the years. Sometimes it means something and sometimes it doesn't. I doubt Black Siren is going to move over to any of the other Arrowverse shows. I thought Laurel would have worked over on Flash if they'd gone the metahuman route with her and that show was put together right when everyone thought she was being phased out in favor of Sara's Black Canary. But they didn't move her, Laurel was killed, and Black Siren wouldn't fit at all.

The smart move is for her to get a brand new show and finally move away from Laurel and her doppelgangers. If The CW still sees her as its network queen then they can send her a bunch of scripts for prospective shows and let her take her pick like they did with Arrow.

Same goes for Harkavy. She's expressed an interest in moving to LOT (and I'm 100% over actors and entertainment writers acting like LOT doesn't have its own voice and is just the dumping ground for any character that leaves a different show) but she wouldn't fit there at all. She should try for a new CW pilot or take a chance on another network. Or if she and Cassidy truly are as close as they seem they could always team up on a pilot.

I think the real question is if the CW would give either of these ladies a leading role anymore? I dont think its an option at all. CW aims at either getting a name like Ruby Rose or very young actors. IMO  Juliana and Katie will be in the 35 year old age bracket next season cycle. They would most likely be reduced to a supporting auntie role. Neither of them really can make a case that they can carry a show. 

I think Katie was too focused to being the BC on Arrow that  she might have missed getting her own show instead. I think the right time was around s2 of Arrow.

• Love 5

I think Kat is more likely to be offered her pick of leading roles in the next couple of seasons if a spinoff doesn't happen.

KCs big lead moment was Arrow S1 and she wasn't really a big CW leading lady after that. As for a show? I can see something because she has her supporters with the high ups but I'm really not sure about JH. She doesn't really have the profile imo but what do I know. 

I could see the Arrow actors popping up on the other shows ever once in a while. It wouldn't surprise me if they got calls around Crossover time ever year. However, I don't see anyone getting the series regular treatment.

The Flash doesn't seem interested in strays and I know LOT got NM and JB but those came on as one season Villains. I can't see it going over well with the others if they brought KC and her special credit over. Especially with CL already campaigning for that black suit again and the rumored issues between CP and DP.

• Love 2
(edited)

From video of Arrow panel at SDCC (posted above) - only nonspoilery transcriptions below (spoilery transcriptions are posted in the Spoilers thread)...

-- The first five minutes were a lovefest to SA, with everyone saying nice things about him.

-- The mod referred to KC as "CW royalty" at the time of casting. When asked what she thought when she first read Laurel, KC: "I have to play this part. And so I called my manager and I was like, 'I don't want to read any more scripts. This is it.' She's like, 'well, we don't have an offer and you might have to audition.' And I was like, 'I don't care. I'll audition. I don't want to read another script. I'm playing this character.' Uh-huh. And then when I saw they cast Stephen... game over. It's a no-brainer now." SA: "Do you know how I know - knew that you got the part?" KC: "No." SA: "You followed me on twitter. (Audience reaction) We had never met." KC: "Well, I mean, I figured I was going to get this job, so I'm going to set it up for myself. Put it out in the universe."

-- On whether he knew, when he signed on, that Diggle would become such an essential part of the OTA, DR: "No, I thought I would die. Um, no, nobody knew that, right? When I was pitched the job, it was like, 'hey, you know, you don't have much to do in the pilot, but you become very, uh, important. So, um, it's just become such a great ride, man. I mean, this is incredible. So, nobody had any idea, except maybe David Nutter, who directed the pilot. Maybe he knew. But besides that - I mean, who could imagine... this (Gestures out with both hands toward audience)? Right?"

-- Mod: Juliana! Our Black Canary now. How are you?" He then asked about her first day on set, and JH joked that she was "vomiting in terror." She met SA and said he was so warm and welcoming that she knew "everything was going to be okay." Mod then asked her when she knew Dinah "was really connecting with fans" and JH said that she didn't know what was going on in fans' minds, but just knew that she loved being on the show and really wanted to keep playing the character.

-- Mod really seemed to love Wild Dog because Rene says "what needs to be said." RG said that he loved Rene's "deep-seated anger" and "frustration" but also his heart when we see Rene with his daughter Zoe.

-- Mod then talked to James Bamford, who was was "the first person" who Oliver killed in the pilot. JBam said that they based a lot of the stunts in the first season on SA's "strength" and "athleticism." They mentioned JBam's promotion to director in S4 and eventually to his current producer position. SA then said some nice things about JBam, calling him the "lifeblood" of the production.

-- More gushing by the mod and panelists over SA. Basically, no Arrow without SA, and no Arrowverse without SA. Some highlights: KC: "I remember when we shot the pilot, I said to Stephen, I said, 'Just... don't eff this up.' Is basically what I said to him. Um, and he - obviously, he didn't... I'm so proud of him. I'm so impressed with him." JH: "Stephen is a true leader." RG: "When I came in, coming in in Season 5, I immediately saw the hard work that he put in for the last four seasons... He set the bar for the show." DR then related an anecdote during a photoshoot in Vancouver when he hadn't really spoken to SA much yet beyond their initial meeting: "I'm walking down the hallway. I hear someone saying 'Ramsey!' I know it's Stephen. I walk into the room and Stephen's there shirtless. And he's talking to me about how happy he is with the show and how much he can't wait to work with me and he's looking forward to a long relationship. And all I saw were abs, shoulders and biceps - and earlobes, because he had muscles on his earlobes... But the picture physically of that was just a picture of someone's dedication. And it extended to how - to the set and every day at work. I've not worked with anyone who cares more about the fans, about the crew, uh, for the writing, and, um - there are times when you look at someone and it's like, um, what's going on right there? And it's all because he cares so much... There would not have been - and this is really the truth - any comic book universe, not just DC, on television, uh, after Smallville, without Stephen Amell and Arrow. That's the truth. You deserve it, you deserve it, you deserve it." (Audience cheers and applauds loudly and at length)

-- There was a whole segment on Brandon Routh's role in the COIE crossover (see Spoilers thread) and then BR joined the panel.

-- Mod: "We've got a short amount left, because we started late. But I want to get to some audience questions. So, line up, and somebody needs to ask about Emily Bett, because I never got to it. Right? And somebody needs to ask about Colton. Um. Holland. Josh.. Mia and all those guys.." MG: "By the way, Kat McNamara, we really wanted her here. We wanted her here desperately. The problem is, she was shooting until late last night. Um, we just couldn't get her down her in time.* And, by the way, we suck. We should've made it happen, and we couldn't. And I'm sorry, Kat, and I'm sorry to all of you, because, you know, we try to make Comic Con great... We'll make it up to you, I promise."

(* And yet they managed to get JBam to SDCC.)

-- Fan Sara asked a question about legacies to fans, and SA said that that legacy started and ended with her. He then asked her if she brought his bow back, and she did. He then got the bow back from her. Presumably, he gave her his old GA suit at this point. I couldn't tell because the video was bad at this point.

-- Young fan asked about what lessons the cast learned from Arrow. DR mentioned gratitude and not taking things for granted.

-- On what episode was the most fun to film, SA: "The pilot. I would say the pilot. Getting to meet, uh, David and Katie and Willa and Susannah and Colin and Colin and, uh, Jamey and - shit..." Several audience members: "Emily!" MG: "Emily wasn't in the pilot." SA: "Episode 3, guys. Episode 3." MG: "Episode 3!" SA: "Although it - it warrants mentioning that this panel feels a little bit - just a little bit, um - a little bit incomplete without her here. That's for sure." SA then talked about filming the pilot: "You don't know what you're going to do the first time you try a superhero suit on. You just try not to look stupid. And so here we are." 

-- The panelists then stood in front of the table and took a final bow.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

No spoilers in this KC interview, but lots of b-t-s info (assuming she's telling the truth and not just her spin on things)...

SDCC 2019: 'Arrow' Katie Cassidy Interview
Published on Jul 22, 2019, by Fangirlish

-- On SA, KC: "I remember when we - before we shot the pilot - or during the pilot, it was one of his earlier - uh, I think, acting jobs? I think he had done a couple things before. I feel like I was 100 going into Arrow. I felt like I had been in this business for so long, which I'm so grateful for. Uh, but I remember saying to him, 'hi' - should I try to keep this PG-13? ... I was like, 'Hi, Stephen, if you f*ck this up, I will kill you. Please don't f*ck this up. Please.' And he was like, 'O-kay'... Also, I also have to say, by saying that early on, he - I earned his respect. Like, he was like, she's not afraid of me. Some people are, you know? But I'm not. He's like a brother to me. I'm like, 'This is on you. And if you ruin this for us... Please don't.'  And that was why I was saying, you know, during the panel, he didn't. I'm really, really proud of him. He's - oh my gosh, he's gone through - the amount of work he's done? You have no - honestly, you don't have a life for so long, especially the first three seasons. He's the main, number one, you know, and we're still kind of trying to figure out, you know, our show, like, find our legs, uh, during this time. And, you know, sometimes it's 15 hours on set, and you get 12-hour turnarounds, Monday through Friday. You're shooting Fraturdays. You don't get off until 6 a.m. on Saturday. You got to get back on set on Monday. And he's there all the time. And he has a family and he's got a kid - now he's got a child... He always showed up on time. He always was prepared... and honestly wants to give the show - keep the integrity of the show always. Um, and that's really impressive. Just a lot of work. Um, and so I'm really proud of him. I'm proud that he sort of blossomed this whole thing and launched this whole, you know, Arrowverse world. It's incredible."

-- On what it's been like to play Laurel and Black Canary and Black Siren, KC (tearfully): "Sorry. I'm getting emotional. Um, it's honestly been like - it's incredible. Again, like, I've met so many amazing people... I was obviously a little sad when I got killed off - well, really sad when I got killed off. But - because you're saying good-bye to your friends... I am beyond grateful. I was also - when I got this show, I was in a really, um - I was just like not in the greatest spot necessarily in my personal life. And this show - like, and I truly believe this - like, [unintelligible words] - not to get too dramatic, but like saved me in a way. I went to Vancouver and I built a life there and I made friends there and like, you know, family. And then they started writing really well for me. And I got to sort of like grow and, you know, sort of like stretch my legs out. And, um, now that I'm directing, you know, try new - new things and have a team supporting you. And so, honestly, I've been so lucky and I'm so grateful, and honestly so blessed."

-- On what was the most surprising thing the writers ever threw at her, KC: "That they were killing me. I'm not kidding... Honestly, I don't think they knew who at the beginning of the season was going to be in the grave... What's so funny and silly also is, I, um, I remember, you know, Emily,* a couple of [unintelligible word] were like worried that they were in the grave. I was like, 'You guys, nobody's in the grave, okay? This is television. It's fine. Don't worry about it.' Cut to two episodes before the episode they killed me. I got a text message from Marc. And here's where I have to say, like, I now know, like, I definitely need to just stick with my intuition and gut, 'cause all the text said from Marc was: 'Hi, Katie. Wendy and I are coming, uh, to Vancouver, and we would like to have a meeting with you,' uh, 'We'd like to sit down and talk to you. Uh, let us know.' I immediately - it actually came from his assistant. And I immediately like - anxiety was like...  (Gestures with hand rising up and makes 'hooo' sound) ... I text Marc. I was like, 'Marc, what's happening? I got this email from your assistant, and I don't feel good about it. Please don't make me sit through the weekend.' Because it was a Friday. And the meeting was on a Monday. And I had comic con that weekend as well. Uh-huh. And it was like that 'snowy' - uh, in New York... He was like, 'I'll call you tomorrow.' So we got on the phone, he told me, with everyone on the phone, and I just took a breath and said, 'Okay. Well, I'm really upset. Um, also, this sucks. Also, I have to go, because I don't want to say anything, I gotta go.' So I got off the phone and let myself have emotions and, you know, the whole thing. You know. And Marc said to me later on, um, on the final episode when they killed me off. He said, 'Would you ever be willing to come back and play as a guest star or -?' And I just said - and I think he thought I was going to be mad... I understood from a producer's perspective or a writing perspective, it's a launching pad for them to write for the other series regulars when he kills a series regular off, because everybody's going to react. So I understood from their perspective why. Um, so I said to him, 'Absolutely.' I said, 'Look, I love the show. I believe in the show. I always have. I always will. And yeah, I would absolutely come back for an episode or two.' And a couple weeks later, Flash called and they were like, 'We want to bring you back as Black Siren. Would you be interested?' I was like, 'Hell, yeah. That's awesome.' So I went over to Flash. And then I think Marc saw the episode and saw the reaction to the episode and decided he wanted me - you know, the fans wanted me to come back. I wanted to come back. So they were happy to have me back. So it all worked out in the end. But someone obviously was in the grave, and it was me. So lesson learned. Don't - yeah - it's good. Humbling."

(* IIRC, someone said that EBR was told at the beginning of S4 that she was not the one in the grave.)

Edited by tv echo
3 hours ago, tv echo said:

And that was why I was saying, you know, during the panel, he didn't. I'm really, really proud of him. He's - oh my gosh, he's gone through - the amount of work he's done? You have no - honestly, you don't have a life for so long, especially the first three seasons. He's the main, number one, you know, and we're still kind of trying to figure out, you know, our show, like, find our legs, uh, during this time. And, you know, sometimes it's 15 hours on set, and you get 12-hour turnarounds, Monday through Friday. You're shooting Fraturdays. You don't get off until 6 a.m. on Saturday. You got to get back on set on Monday. And he's there all the time. And he has a family and he's got a kid - now he's got a child... He always showed up on time. He always was prepared... and honestly wants to give the show - keep the integrity of the show always. Um, and that's really impressive. Just a lot of work.

And yet, last fall she was agreeing with a fan that she deserves the same pay as him. 🤷🏾

I was like, 'Hi, Stephen, if you f*ck this up, I will kill you. Please don't f*ck this up. Please.' And he was like, 'O-kay'... Also, I also have to say, by saying that early on, he - I earned his respect. Like, he was like, she's not afraid of me. Some people are, you know? But I'm not. He's like a brother to me. I'm like, 'This is on you. And if you ruin this for us... Please don't.'

I think this is a disgusting thing to say to another person, let alone someone you've just met. I would lay bets she didn't have his respect at all. Wow. No wonder they were so awkward on screen in S1.

• Love 18
(edited)
1 hour ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

The fact she seems to be bragging about it is just... Does she think it makes her look good? It doesn't read as "this job was so important to me" so much as "I was incredibly rude to a stranger for no reason."

So she was aggressive and b$tchy to a co worker for no good reason and then was demoted from the female lead role by next season. But sure let's brag about it 🤦

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, tv echo said:

-- On what it's been like to play Laurel and Black Canary and Black Siren, KC (tearfully): "Sorry. I'm getting emotional. Um, it's honestly been like - it's incredible. Again, like, I've met so many amazing people... I was obviously a little sad when I got killed off - well, really sad when I got killed off. 

-- On what was the most surprising thing the writers ever threw at her, KC: "That they were killing me. I'm not kidding... Honestly, I don't think they knew who at the beginning of the season was going to be in the grave... What's so funny and silly also is, I, um, I remember, you know, Emily,* a couple of [unintelligible word] were like worried that they were in the grave. I was like, 'You guys, nobody's in the grave, okay? This is television. It's fine [...] But someone obviously was in the grave, and it was me. So lesson learned. Don't - yeah - it's good. Humbling."

This is frustrating when you know that just last year, she was still liking multiple comments bashing Felicity in her dragon snoozefest of an episode because of her incredibly loud ego. But sure, she's humbled.  

Also amazing that she and her fans are the only ones who didn't seem to see her death coming because "comics". She had zero storyline past 3B. Her only purpose in s4 was to bring Sara back to ship her off to Legends. This is the biggest warning sign in television and for someone who felt like being in the industry for 100 years, she does seem clueless... all the damn time. 

10 hours ago, tv echo said:

(* IIRC, someone said that EBR was told at the beginning of S4 that she was not the one in the grave.)

It was Stephen, Grant and Emily who knew they were safe before they filmed the premiere, which is hilarious considering that Stephen and Grant were literally in the grave scene having a conversation. 

• Love 12

This July 19 panel included CL and CP, with surprise guest SA (he's introduced just after the 45:00 mark) - I only watched the SA segment, so I don't know if the rest of the video contains any spoilers...

FAN FAVORITES PANEL // Comic-Con 2019
Published on Jul 23, 2019, by fandomnessa

• Love 1

This July 18 panel included Arrowverse composer Blake Neely...

7th Annual Musical Anatomy of a Superhero Film and TV Composer | Comic Con 2019 Full Panel
Published on Jul 24, 2019, by AmigoZ TPC

This July 19 panel included CL and CP, with surprise guest SA (he's introduced just after the 45:00 mark) - I only watched the SA segment, so I don't know if the rest of the video contains any spoilers...

FAN FAVORITES PANEL // Comic-Con 2019
Published on Jul 23, 2019, by fandomnessa

I don’t remember any spoilers so everyone should be safe. 

Good panel. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/25/2019 at 11:19 AM, Trisha said:

This is sweet:

I don't want to speculate too much but I wonder if she saw how her first comments made about Arrow ending didn't go over so well on that EW video so she posted that.

Edited by olicityfan25
(edited)

It's funny how CL had to do chemistry reads with SA and KL, and GG had to do a chemistry read with EBR, but they failed to do any chemistry reads with SA and KC or with SA and EBR - and yet those impacted Arrow the most (unexpectedly negative in KC's case and unexpectedly positive in EBR's case).

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 9
(edited)

Another video recording of the Arrow panel at SDCC on July 20 - this one has much better picture quality than the video previously posted upthread...

SDCC 2019 - Arrow farewell Panel
Published on Jul 23, 2019, by Channel Control

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

With the help of a Google translation feature, I've listed the questions and answers below in English (TMI! TMI!)...

¿Cuál a sido la audición más vergonzosa de Stephen y David #Arrow? | San Diego Comic Con
Published on Jul 25, 2019, by Warner Channel Latam

Q: Who, according to you, is the one who looks best in the cast?
RG: "Yeah, I would have to go with Laurel, Laurel Lance. Katie."
JH: "Katie."
KC: "Thanks. I'll take it. You guys dress well too."

Q: What is the most useless talent that you have?
SA: (Makes trumpeting sounds with his mouth closed that vaguely sound like the melody to "When the Saints Go Marching In")

Q: What would be the perfect cosplay for you?
JH: "I would love to cosplay as Storm."

Q: What's the most embarrassing audition you're ever had?
SA: "I auditioned for Hung. I got it, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't embarrassing. Lot of - lot of fake sexing on a table -"
JH: "In your audition?"
SA: "Yeah. Yeah. Yeah... I got it. So -"
DR: "Yeah, that's a good one. You know, for me for Ghost Whisperer, it got [screened?] out. I had to fake like I was kissing Aisha Taylor - Aisha Tyler. And then I got to kiss Aisha Tyler. (Others scream) Yeah, I did. A little tongue... I told her - I told her, 'That's not my knee.' I told her that. That is not my knee."
JH: "Oh my God."
RG: "That is amazing."

Q: Who would you choose to be your companion in mischief/prank accomplice?
JH: "Oooh. The Green Arrow... Oh no, no. Aquaman. Sorry. Jason."
SA: "Wow, that's super emasculating. That's fine."
JH: "You're already my partner in crime. This is fantasy world."

Q: What would be your superpower?
DR: "My superpower would be, um, Xavier's power - the power to control minds."

Q: What is your most annoying habit?
DR: "Okay, this is bad. But it's the first one that came to my mind. When I fart, I cup it and bring it to my face... I just want to know how it smells. I want to know what I ate... It tells me a lot about my health." (Other cast members start to leave)
JH: "Adios, Latin America!"

Edited by tv echo
14 hours ago, tv echo said:

Q: What's the most embarrassing audition you're ever had?
DR: "Yeah, that's a good one. You know, for me for Ghost Whisperer, it got [screened?] out. I had to fake like I was kissing Aisha Taylor - Aisha Tyler. And then I got to kiss Aisha Tyler. (Others scream) Yeah, I did. A little tongue... I told her - I told her, 'That's not my knee.' I told her that. That is not my knee."
JH: "Oh my God."
RG: "That is amazing."

Q: What is your most annoying habit?
DR: "Okay, this is bad. But it's the first one that came to my mind. When I fart, I cup it and bring it to my face... I just want to know how it smells. I want to know what I ate... It tells me a lot about my health."

Did someone dare him to be gross in this interview? 

• Love 2
(edited)

Transcribed from the video of Arrow cast interview at SDCC in this article...

Stephen Amell and ‘Arrow’ Cast Explain What the Set Is Like Without Emily Bett Rickards: She’s ‘My Best Friend’
By Erin Crabtree  July 26, 2019
https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/stephen-amell-arrow-cast-on-missing-emily-bett-rickards-on-set/

-- JH: "I miss her... I mean, she's killing it. She's on Broadway right now, just killing it, and I'm proud of her. But, like, we miss her and selfishly I want her back... We talk, yeah, we talk. She's busy. She's in New York. Maybe when she comes back to Van... Luckily, she lives in Van. We get to see her when she's back from her play."

-- DR: "I don't think you lose a presence and a force like Emily Bett Rickards and not know it. So there's that. Immediately, we felt that way the first day of working... Hopefully, we'll see her again. I remember her saying, um, it's not entirely up to her, at one of the conventions we were doing. So we'll see, we'll see what happens. But I would love to have her back."

-- SA: "It's not fun, not having Emily on set. Emily's my best friend on the set, um, my co-best friend. I spent the most time with her and with David. And, you know, I texted her as we were - when I was on the plane flying up to Vancouver for the final season. I said I was sad. It's tough not having her around. Um, but her presence is - and Mia's presence and William's presence - is felt via Oliver and what he's doing. He's doing what he's doing in pursuit of them."

-- RG: "It's a big piece missing. Like, she literally like - again, I say this all the time, but she walked in episode 3 as a guest star and just - and just - she came in and made that character what the show needed, you know? ... And kinda created this idea of what can I do that a superhero needs? You know, that someone they need to trust, that has their back. And I think that's why everyone related to Felicity Smoak, because she has his back... Emily Bett Rickards' energy is just top notch. Like, she brings so much light and laughter and energy to work. So we definitely miss her."

-- KC: "She's missed, very much... She's wonderful. I love her. We all love her... She's missed. I feel like she's there in spirit in a sense."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
On 7/26/2019 at 3:08 AM, olicityfan25 said:

I don't want to speculate too much but I wonder if she saw how her first comments made about Arrow ending didn't go over so well on that EW video so she posted that.

I missed that - what did she say?

2 hours ago, Chaser said:

I can't help but wonder if the theater is going to be crazy tomorrow night since he announced which performance they are attending.

Who is they, who's going with him? 

(edited)

SURPRISING ME FOR MY BIRTHDAY ft. Katherine McNamara
Published on Jul 24, 2019, by abnormallyadam

Adam: "Olicity's child! Can we take a moment... To get cast as Olicity's child, like - and I love Olicity. You all know how much I love Olicity. Felicity's an icon. And then Stephen freakin' followed me! Oh, my God! I was shocked... Anyways, you as Mia Smoak. Badass. Iconic... I can't. I'm in awe. You are incredible. Seriously."
KM: "Thank you. I appreciate that."
Adam: "I will be following your journey forever."

Adam: "There was a line, um, that Felicity says in Arrow -"
KM: "The Jordan Peele one."
Adam: "The Jordan Peele one, yeah! Yes!"

KM: "When I auditioned for Arrow, I didn't know I was auditioning for Olicity's child."
Adam: "Yeah, it was like Blackstar."
KM: "Yeah. They didn't tell me until after."
Adam: "And then everyone went nuts when they found out."
KM: "Yeah."
Adam: "And then, you like the comparison? Like, when you have, um, Oliver and Felicity... and it's, like, it works. I see it."

KM: "Whenever somebody posts a photo of Olicity, I always go, 'oh, my parents.'"

KM: "I'm just really happy that they've been really kind and welcomed me into the world."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

RG, KA, MB and JB are all at Showmasters' London Film & Comic Con this weekend...

KM is at The Korean Institute-The First Convention in Seoul this weekend...

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Next weekend's comic cons (updated, with schedules)...

Television Critics Association (TCA) Summer 2019 Press Tour, July 23-August 8, 2019 (Pasadena, CA):
The CW on August 4
http://tvcritics.org/press-tour-schedule-overview/

CombatCon, August 1-4,2019 (Las Vegas, NV)
The Sword Experience: CombatCon, August 1 and 4, 2019 (Las Vegas, NV)

Adrian Paul
https://www.combatcon.com/2019-2/who-to-see/
CombatCon Schedule
Sword Experience Schedule
-Thu. (8/1) at 10:30am - The Sword Experience with Adrian Paul (Sword Academy)
-Sun. (8/4) at 10:30am - The Sword Experience with Adrian Paul (Highlander Eiffel Tower Fight Choreography)

Unboxing Toy Convention, August 2-4, 2019 (Mexico City, Mexico)
Ernie Hudson
https://unboxingtoycon.mx/
https://twitter.com/unboxingtoycon/
-Individual panel schedule not posted.

Edited by tv echo