Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Video clip from another KM interview last weekend...

-- KM: "I got a call from the showrunners saying, 'Oh, by the way, you're Olicity's child.' And I went, 'Huuhh? Can you say that one more time?'"

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

If in doubt, grow a short beard. It's not rocket science. SA your voluntary facial hair choices confuse me. There's a big difference between "dead rat on face" and the clean shaven look that always gives me the babyfaced serial killer photo vibes.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 6/7/2019 at 7:49 PM, calliope1975 said:

I recently read a comment that beards are makeup for men, and...yeah. 

The version I read was push up bra. 😄

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

From Arrow panel (CH, WH, moderated by Clare Kramer) at Oz Comic Con Melbourne on June 9 - I also posted some spoilerish tweets on page 138 of  the Spoiler Discussion Sequel thread...

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Next weekend's comic cons (updated, with schedules)...

German Comic Con, June 15-16, 2019 (Munich, Germany)
Manu Bennett and Chad Coleman (also Carlos Valdes and Dominic Purcell)
https://germancomiccon.com/gaeste/#muenchen
Program Schedule
-Sat. (6/15) at 12:00pm - Dominic Purcell Q&A panel
-Sat. (6/15) at 1:10pm - TWD panel (incl. Chad Coleman)
-Sat. (6/15) at 1:45pm - Manu Bennett Q&A panel
-Sat. (6/15) at 5:00pm - Carlos Valdes Q&A panel
-Sun. (6/16) at 11:00am - Dominic Purcell Q&A panel
-Sun. (6/16) at 12:00pm - Manu Bennett Q&A panel
-Sun. (6/16) at 12:25pm - TWD panel (incl. Chad Coleman)
-Sun. (6/16) at 2:35pm - Carlos Valdes Q&A panel

Greater Austin Comic Con, June 15-16, 2019 (TX)
The Sword Experience: Austin TX Comic Con, June 15, 2019 (TX)

Adrian Paul (Sat. only)
https://www.greateraustincomiccon.com/guests
Programming Schedule
Sword Experience Schedule
-Sat. (6/15) at 1:00pm - There Can Be Only One... Panel: Q&A With Adrian Paul
-Sat. (6/15) at 4:00pm - The Sword Experience: Batman Begins (with Adrian Paul)

Wizard World Philadelphia, June 13-16, 2019 (PA)
Sean Maher (also Mehcad Brooks, Jeremy Jordan and Dean Cain)
https://wizardworld.com/comiccon/philadelphia
Programming Schedule
-Fri. (6/14) at 5:00pm - Man of Steel: Dean Cain
-Sat. (6/15) at 4:00pm - You Can't Take the Sky from Me: A Firefly Q&A (incl. Sean Maher)
-Sun. (6/16) at 12:00pm - Supergirl Q&A (Mehcad Brooks, Jeremy Jordan)

Also:
John Barrowman Fabulous U.K. Tour, June 16-July 2, 2019 (various U.K. cities)
https://twitter.com/JohnBarrowman/status/1086239000271106049

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

GWW Radio's interview with Katrina Law from this past weekend at Superman Celebration...

GEEK TO ME RADIO #140: LIVE FROM SUPERMAN CELEBRATION!
By Casey Walsh   June 10, 2019
https://thegww.com/geek-to-me-radio-140-live-from-superman-celebration/
https://soundcloud.com/gww-101643494/geek-to-me-radio-140-live-from-superman-celebration

-- KL: "The biggest thing I've learned from doing stunts on set is that, when you do stunts on set, your day is anywhere from 8 to 16 hours. So being warmed up and ready to go - ready to go from sitting for an hour to doing physical combat very intensely at full throttle, you need to be warmed up the entire day. 'Cause if you're not, your body gets cold and you start pulling muscles. So that's the biggest lesson that I've learned - no matter how much time has gone through, stay warm. Stretch randomly here and there just to make sure that when you do start your fight scenes, you're not going to suddenly pull a hamstring."

-- On why she thinks her Arrow character was so loved by fans, KL: "Well, I was very fortunate that Greg Rucka created such a beautiful character in Nyssa, that Marc Guggenheim and the Arrow team took her under their wing and, uh, you know, the beautiful thing about Nyssa is she hasn't been in a lot of comics, so she doesn't have the bible on her that a character like Talia does. So we were very, um, privileged to be able to kind of open her up to our own interpretations. So the Nyssa that you see on Arrow is much different than the Nyssa that is in the comics. And Greg Rucka and, um, [unintelligible word-team?], they were totally fine with that and actually really enjoyed what we did, so that was a relief to hear that. Um, but I think she was beloved just because I think the writers of Arrow really know their fanbase and really know what they wanted to see and, um, they did a great job by making this woman a fierce warrior who was just a little softy goo-ball on the inside. So I think it's just a great combination that people, uh, really gravitate to."

-- On whether Nyssa could show up on the new Batwoman series because of that Batman connection, KL: "I can't even lie to you because I actually don't know. I really don't know what's going to happen in the future, but I think Nyssa would fit in very well in the Batwoman world... So I wouldn't be surprised if you see her there, but at the same time I have no idea.

-- On getting along with the casts of the shows that she's been in, KL: "I think the ones that really click, it shows. So, as you can tell, like, the Arrow cast really get along because we do conventions together, we do multiple conventions together. Um, I'm not even a series reg, but I feel like I've been embraced by the Arrow team. Um, same thing with the Spartacus - you can, uh, you know, we do a lot of conventions together and we've gone to Paris together, and it's fun. It's their own little families."

-- Interviewer: "Batwoman or Supergirl?" KL: "Supergirl."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

This week KC and KM attended different events at the 2019 Women in Film Gala in Beverly Hills, while RG attended the 2019 E3 Convention in Los Angeles...

women-in-film-gala-2019-07.jpg
(source)

katherine-mcnamara-at-2019-women-in-film
(source)

jordan-fisher-keegan-allen-kick-off-e3-c
(source)

Also this week KM attended the 5th Anniversary Los Angeles Dodgers Foundation Blue Diamond Gala at the Dodgers Stadium...
katherine-mcnamara-attends-the-5th-anniv
(source)

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Next weekend's comic cons (updated, with schedules)...

Code 8 premiere, June 20, 2019 (Sydney, AU)
Stephen Amell
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Code8Movie/events/?ref=page_internal
-Thu. (6/20) at 7:00pm - Red Carpet Event-Sydney

Supanova Sydney, June 21-23, 2019 (AU)
Stephen Amell and David Ramsey (also Robbie Amell and Italia Ricci)
https://www.supanova.com.au/events/sydney-2019/guests/
Event Programme
-Fri. (6/21) at 5:00pm - Arrowverse: Stephen Amell, Robbie Amell, David Ramsey and Italia Ricci
-Fri. (6/21) at 6:00pm - Supanova Supa-Star Showcase
-Fri. (6/21) at 7:45pm - Shoot Arrows with Arrow (group archery event with Stephen Amell)
-Sat. (6/22) at 2:30pm - Stephen Amell and David Ramsey
-Sun. (6/23) at 1:00pm - Robbie Amell and Italia Ricci

Comic Con Ireland, June 22-23, 2019 (Dublin, Ireland)
Manu Bennett and maybe William Franklyn-Miller
https://www.comicconireland.com/attractions/special-guests/
https://www.instagram.com/p/By2UIABhfWk/?igshid=am3nznntvoeq
Schedules
-Sat. (6/22) at 11:00am - Manu Bennett
-Sun. (6/23) at 11:00am - Manu Bennett

Smallville Comic Con, June 22-23, 2019 (Smallville/Hutchinson, KS)
(Brandon Routh)
http://smallvillecomiccon.com/guests
Program
-Sat. (6/22) at 1:00pm - Brandon Routh Q&A

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

KOOP 91.7 FM radio interview with Adrian Paul that aired on June 14 - I only transcribed some of his comments...

-- When asked why he started his "Sword Experience" events, AP said that in 2015 he was raising money for his charity and someone suggested that he do a sword demo. However, he didn't want to do a sword demo "because that opens you up to a whole bunch of things." Instead, he offered instead to teach sword choreography. He then received a lot of interest from people in doing this at cons and other events. So he tested it for the next six months at different conventions. Since a lot of people showed interest, he started the "Sword Experience" in 2016. It has since changed and evolved into "a lot of different things."

-- When asked if he considered himself a swords expert, AP had difficulty answering that question. He said that his martial arts styles don't have belts or that kind of recognition, so he has the same kind of difficulty answering questions about his martial arts expertise. So when it comes to swords, AP said: "I have a lot of knowledge. And teaching has given me even more knowledge. And working with the people that I've worked with has given me even greater knowledge. So 'expert'? - classify it. (Laughs) I have a lot of knowledge that I can impart to people... When I do the Sword Experience, my main goal is also to further that love of that art or fitness or training of some sort in the region where I've done the Sword Experience. So I invite local practitioners to come in... But someone who I can say, if you want to continue doing your classes here... here's somebody here who can actually further you in the style that you like. ... It's a collaborative effort of what I can give people and who I can pass them on to... So to me, it's just giving them a taste and an inkling to do that."

-- AP first picked up a sword for an acting role for Highlander. Prior to that show, he had studied sword fighting for a year or a year-and-a-half. But Highlander was the first time he used the sword for anything. He was "lucky" to work with Bob Anderson. His first scene that he shot using the sword was his training scene with Christopher Lambert (in the first episode of the series).

-- AP said that even sword fighting for an acting performance can be dangerous because, when the camera starts rolling, adrenaline increases and playing your character can overtake your sword control.

-- His audition process for Highlander took 2-3 months. His character was initially supposed to be Connor Macleod (same character as in the movies). But when Christoper Lambert came in (to appear in the pilot), they changed AP's character to Duncan Macleod. AP was happy about that change because he could then create an entirely new character.

-- On guest starring as Dante on Arrow, AP: "Yeah, I did three episodes. That was really fun. I enjoyed that. I wish I'd done a few more, just because I was just beginning to understand who Dante was and what he was capable of doing. But it was really fun to do. The cast were really very nice. And, um, you know, Stephen's a gentleman and that's why he's got such a good [unintelligible word]... He's also got a really good heart." AP then talked about a young boy with a disability who was allowed on set to watch the filming and how SA would ask this young boy if the take was okay and get the boy's input. AP: "The look on this boy's face. He will never forget that moment." He thought that was a "cool thing" for SA to have done.

ETA: So it sounds like AP's limited appearance on Arrow was not due to AP's scheduling availability but was the result of Beth's storytelling decision. 😞

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Maybe they'll be "inspired" to write more baby faced serial killer pre island Ollie for the final season or a multi verse version where he never got on the Gambit and so never discovered the attractiveness of scruff.

I will say I'm surprised how young he looks and at least it's better than shaved head and dead rat.

7 hours ago, Featherhat said:

Maybe they'll be "inspired" to write more baby faced serial killer pre island Ollie for the final season or a multi verse version where he never got on the Gambit and so never discovered the attractiveness of scruff.

I will say I'm surprised how young he looks and at least it's better than shaved head and dead rat.

I suspect it's more than just the clean shaven look.  I think he might actually be getting enough rest this off season.  He doesn't seem to be running around as much.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Official MCM video of Arrowverse panel at MCM London Comic Con on May 26 - I think this video is better than the fan video that was previously posted...

Stephen Amell and stars of the Arrowverse Panel | MCM London Comic Con
Published on Jun 19, 2019, by MCM Comic Con

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

If you want to listen to the full podcast of this morning's "The Kyle & Jackie O Show" on KIIS 106.5 in Sydney. go to the link below - SA/RA's interview starts at the 80:00 mark)...

21/06/19 - The Kyle & Jackie O Show #1092
June 20, 2019 • 126 min
Stephen & Robbie Amell and Luois Theroux hang out on the show
https://www.iheart.com/podcast/239-the-kyle-jackie-o-show-27242949/episode/210619-the-kyle-jackie-46280353/

Also, SA and RA were on "The Today Show" in AU yesterday morning (June 20)...

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

-- Italia Ricci (responding to above question): "I like Felicity, but I wouldn't want to make out with you. It would be weird. Pretty weird."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
(edited)

From SA/DR panel at Supanova Sydney today (June 22) - I also posted some spoilerish tweets in the Spoiler Discussion thread...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1