Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, lemotomato said:

I thought I was used to her incompetence, but damn. Is there no one else that works in that department?

Proof, if you needed it (and apparently some of you did!) that the CW really doesn't care that much about live views!

• Love 6
4 hours ago, lemotomato said:

Since we're talking about the lack of Arrow sneak peeks/previews, apparently the only reason why the stills for tonight's episode were released on Monday was because fans had asked Suzanne Gomez to do it. 

I thought I was used to her incompetence, but damn. Is there no one else that works in that department?

Maybe they are Eagles' fans.  Slipped their mind.  

• Love 2
Just now, scarynikki12 said:

Everyone's more cheerful than Jason (super angry one), save for Bats himself, but, yes, Dick Grayson is more cheerful.

Jason is the one that tried to kill Bats right?

I was sure there was another angry one! The one who was actually related to Bats (or did I make that up???) seemed pretty grouchy too.

hehe I used to think they were the same people and thought "Gee you have a personality problem! You keep changing your temperament."

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Everyone's more cheerful than Jason (super angry one), save for Bats himself, but, yes, Dick Grayson is more cheerful.

But man, Under The Red Hood was fantastic. Talk about a kid that started out super cheerful :(.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I was sure there was another angry one! The one who was actually related to Bats (or did I make that up???) seemed pretty grouchy too.

hehe I used to think they were the same people and thought "Gee you have a personality problem! You keep changing your temperament."

Damian but he's just a pain in the ass.  We don't like to talk about him.

The Robins are as follows: Dick Grayson is the first and became superhero Nightwing.  Then there's Jason who was brutally murdered by the Joker, with reader support (there was a vote and everything), who was brought back to life and is now anti-hero Red Hood.  Then Tim Drake, who graduated to become Red Robin and recently was presumed dead in Rebirth's Detective Comics.  Finally, the pain in the ass Damian Wayne, who serves no real purpose other than making everyone grateful for the other three Robins.  Bats has had other sidekicks but those are the Robins in order.

Are we sure Colton's implying he's playing Nightwing?  Maybe he's just cast in the movie and will be an ally or villain.

• Love 4

Nightwing in Titans has already been cast (unless they recast) and, is the solo movie already at that stage? Unless he show's up in Batgirl? He could be introduced as Nightwing in Batgirl.

If he did get cast, good for CH, he's not a good actor but, that's a huge Get for a CW star. Of course this could be VO work or a Steve R McQueen scenario at work.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

How does @calliope1975 feel about this? Wasn't she very excited about a Nightwing movie?

I take a nap and wake up to this news?? I like CH, but no. I hope, if he is in the Nightwing movie, he's another character. It'll never happen, but I was totally on board with fancasting Steven Yeun and racebending the character. 

I doubt he is playing Dick Grayson. If anything I would say he would be a Nightwing VA for an upcoming DC DTV. 

41 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Damian but he's just a pain in the ass.  We don't like to talk about him.

The Robins are as follows: Dick Grayson is the first and became superhero Nightwing.  Then there's Jason who was brutally murdered by the Joker, with reader support (there was a vote and everything), who was brought back to life and is now anti-hero Red Hood.  Then Tim Drake, who graduated to become Red Robin and recently was presumed dead in Rebirth's Detective Comics.  Finally, the pain in the ass Damian Wayne, who serves no real purpose other than making everyone grateful for the other three Robins.  Bats has had other sidekicks but those are the Robins in order.

Are we sure Colton's implying he's playing Nightwing?  Maybe he's just cast in the movie and will be an ally or villain.

Well there was also Stephanie! Unless your just going by Rebirth history.

3 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Well there was also Stephanie! Unless your just going by Rebirth history.

True but I think of her as Batgirl or Spoiler since I always forget she was Robin for five minutes.  I also forgot about Carrie but I blame that on my intense hate for The Dark Knight Returns. 

I really don't think Colton's playing Dick Grayson.  If this is about the movie I'm sticking with supporting ally.

19 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

You're thinking of Damien Wayne, son of Bruce and Talia

Super weird question but what happens in fandom when a show ends? Do you just celebrate or shake your fist and rage (depending on how your ship ends) and then you don't talk to the same people again because presumably there is nothing else to talk about after a while?

I'm going to miss you guys!!! My only other foray into the interwebs has been a dog forum and the jewellery forum which keeps going because people generally get new pups and jewellery. 

The only previous fandom I was really part of was on Passions and the board lasted for a while after the show ended but eventually did peter out. That was a board/site dedicated solely to the couple/show which I think is a different situation than this board. I'm guessing as long Previously TV exists, this board will have some engagement.

• Love 1
Just now, JamieLynn832002 said:

The only previous fandom I was really part of was on Passions and the board lasted for a while after the show ended but eventually did peter out. That was a board/site dedicated solely to the couple/show which I think is a different situation than this board. I'm guessing as long Previously TV exists, this board will have some engagement.

God I love Passions LOL *you are my passion for life* hahaha

• Love 1

I only transcribed portions and not everything (fyi, transcriptions of anything spoilerish are posted in the New Spoilers thread)...

Geekvibes Live Interview with Marc Guggenheim
GeekVibesNation   February 14, 2018
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/geekvibesnation/2018/02/14/geekvibes-live-interview-with-marc-guggenheim

-- On casting SA as Oliver, MG: "Well, first of all, I can tell you that, although I guess Stephen was kinda under the radar, he wasn't under the radar in that pilot season... We've been working ever since the beginning of Arrow - we've been working with a casting director, David Rapaport, and, uh, David had immediately targeted Stephen. And he basically said - he brought Stephen on Tuesday and he said, 'by Friday, this guy's gonna have a show.' ... And I think this is true for a lot of up-and-coming actors, there are actors who - you know, they do guest spots, they are, as you say, under the radar, and they're - you can tell when they're just ready to pop. Like, you can tell when - okay, these guys or these women have been in enough, you know, guest spots or enough, you know, failed pilots or whatever, and you just know, okay, they're just waiting for their moment. And that particular year was Stephen's moment. And, uh, he was the very first person that they had brought in to show us, he was the first person to audition for any part on Arrow, so it was kind of like, you know, there's nowhere to go but down, quite frankly, once Stephen walked in the door, because it was so clear that the role was for him. I mean, he was perfect for it. And, um, you know, the moment he gave us his audition, we were like, okay, well, now what do we do? How do we keep him from getting, you know, cast by another pilot? How do we make sure that by that Friday comes around, we're the pilot that he's in? Cause it was pretty apparent that he would be in a pilot. His talent was that obvious."

-- On whether they anticipated building an Arrowverse from Arrow, MG: "You know, I think, in hindsight, Greg Berlanti saw that possibility... I think he had said to Andrew Kreisberg during the middle of Season 1 that he wanted to do a Flash series." He said that they were just trying to get Arrow done and that the first season of Arrow was very hard to get right. He also said that introducing Barry Allen on Arrow was not about introducing Barry, but about introducing superpowers on Arrow. He then mentioned the EPs' early interviews where they said there would be no superpowers on Arrow. So they had to figure out a way to introduce superpowers that still "honored the grounded nature" of Arrow. He remembers it as being not so much fun but "very challenging."

-- The Geekvibes guy said that he was glad to have a Black Canary on Arrow at all. He then joked about how there have been three Black Canaries on the show. MG: "We got more Canaries than we know what to do with, which is kind of amazing... Right now you could field an entire show off of, you know - you could field an entire show off of the Canaries. You could just do, you know - Caity Lotz, Katie Cassidy, Juliana Harkavy. Like, I'd watch that show."

-- On whether we'll see William try to step into his dad's footsteps of being a hero, MG referenced a scripted 613 scene that was cut because there wasn't enough time, where William is in the lair with Oliver and he looks over toward where the bow is, and Oliver sees him looking and goes, "maybe when you're in high school." MG said that maybe this deleted scene will be on the DVD.

-- MG would love to write a superhero feature film, but no one has asked him. He's only been asked to write another comic series, but his comics plate is full. He would love to write Daredevil because of his comics/legal background.

Edited by tv echo

Supanova 2018 - Sydney exclusive guest announcement!
Published on Feb 13, 2018, by SupanovaExpo

Supanova Sydney, June 15-17, 2018 (AU)
Stephen Amell
http://www.supanova.com.au/guests/stephen-amell/

Stephen looks forward to meeting all his fans in Sydney in June 2018.

Stephen will give a Q&A panel, and pose for studio portraits and sign autographs throughout Friday, Saturday and Sunday in Sydney.

Further information on Stephen’s panel and photo sessions will be listed in our Event Programme, released closer to the convention.

Edited by tv echo
19 minutes ago, tv echo said:

-- MG would love to write a superhero feature film, but no one has asked him. He's only been asked to write another comic series, but his comics plate is full. He would love to write Daredevil because of his comics/legal background.

LOLOLOL cause he's done such a swell job with legal matters in Arrow.

• Love 11
47 minutes ago, tv echo said:

"We got more Canaries than we know what to do with, which is kind of amazing..

Is it rude to say that you can tell... 

50 minutes ago, tv echo said:

MG would love to write a superhero feature film, but no one has asked him

Well, no one probably asked because the last one he wrote lost a huge amount of money and is considered a big flop.

• Love 15

The Geekvibes guy said that he was glad to have a Black Canary on Arrow at all. He then joked about how there have been three Black Canaries on the show. MG: "We got more Canaries than we know what to do with, which is kind of amazing... Right now you could field an entire show off of, you know - you could field an entire show off of the Canaries. You could just do, you know - Caity Lotz, Katie Cassidy, Juliana Harkavy. Like, I'd watch that show."

Can this happen so I don't have to watch it on Arrow? Thanks!

• Love 22

It would solve so many problems, IMO. For all the claims that they can't make a GA show without BC, she really does take over from him tbh. I actually think they should keep them separate? BC fans expect her to be just as important as GA and it doesn't work like that on Arrow, especially when it's at the detriment to other characters. So I say ship 'em all off to another show and leave Arrow in peace. 

• Love 16