Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Sara is currently being awesome on LOT so I don't really need her to Do  another BOP/Canaries show and  I have very little interest in KC or JH headlining a show like that. JH wasn't exactly convincing in her BIG MOMENTS! The last couple of EPs.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 2

I think it's like Buffy/Angel. Dinah should start off on Arrow then get spun off after 3/4 seasons and establishing their relationship. But she still plays a part in Arrow and comes by time to time.

That's the frame of mind that the fans/MG & co. Should have had imo.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

They should do an Ultimate Canary show. They can have Sara, Laurel, and Dinah all compete to be the ultimate canary. It'd be like a dramatic ninja warrior, except with fights lol.

Can’t forgot the squat and scream as one of the events. 

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

She's on her own show with her own team and the GA/BC team up

Except a lot of these folks are not interested in a teamup. They want the "iconic" romance. I mean, that Geek Vibes guy who asked the question specifically asked about a "love angle," not content with having GA and BC as teammates. 

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, KillahBee007 said:

Can’t forgot the squat and scream as one of the events. 

Eh, Sara could just throw down a sonic grenade and walk away. ;)

But yes.....

20 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

They should've just done that with Sara tbh. She's on her own show with her own team and the GA/BC team up could've happened during crossovers or mini crossovers once a season or something. 

This.   Nothing against JH, but I still believe the best thing they could have done was kill Laurel instead of Sara in season three, have season three be Sara's journey instead of Laurel's, and then season four spin her off to Legends without having to go to the trouble of resurrecting her.  No BC 2.0 or 3.0 needed. 

But....water under the bridge I suppose.  I wouldn't be interested in a Canaries show, personally.  I like Sara where she is, and I'm not interested in anything involving KC.

• Love 18
11 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Except a lot of these folks are not interested in a teamup. They want the "iconic" romance. I mean, that Geek Vibes guy who asked the question specifically asked about a "love angle," not content with having GA and BC as teammates. 

But I thought romance made it a soap opera? ? ? ?

12 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

This.   Nothing against JH, but I still believe the best thing they could have done was kill Laurel instead of Sara in season three, have season three be Sara's journey instead of Laurel's, and then season four spin her off to Legends without having to go to the trouble of resurrecting her.  No BC 2.0 or 3.0 needed. 

Agreed. Sara has the history/back story, she had a relationship with Oliver, then she went off to be her own hero on her own show. From everything I've heard/read about BC, it always made sense she should be off doing her own thing. 

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I agree and to be honest I find that very hypocritical. You are unhappy with the show being too much about 'romance' when it is Oliver and Felicity. But your problem isn't with the romance, it is just the romantic partner that you feel is inadequate. Therefore even after the show established her as Oliver's wife, dialed down the romantic stuff that was the main source of the complaints, you are still not satisfied because at the end of the day you wanted to get your way and didn't and you can't let go. 

• Love 10

I feel like the biggest hindrance to BC being GAs equal on this show is Felicity/Diggle and I see why GABC fans would resent OTA because of this.

Over the years the show has shown that Oliver needs Diggle/Felicity in a way he never needed anyone else, Diggle/Felicity helped shed light on Oliver's humanity and the audience caught onto that. This is why any BC wouldn't have worked because she never would be needed by Oliver the way he needs Diggle/Felicity.

This is why Sara was sorta resented in season 2 when the show suddenly became about GABC, and probably why the writers killed her off the first time. Why Laurel and Dinah became such non-entities because they had nothing to add to Oliver's story and development.

So it's not necessarily that any show about Arrow can't do justice to BC because they're equals, it's more that BC can never be GAs equal if there are other characters who are more important to Oliver Queen's journey.

Edited by WindofChange
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I think a big part of it is that they never got it so they just continue to yearn for it since it never got out of their system. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JJ928 said:

They should do an Ultimate Canary show. They can have Sara, Laurel, and Dinah all compete to be the ultimate canary. It'd be like a dramatic ninja warrior, except with fights lol.

That would be a short program, since Sara's a better athlete and fighter than both of them and she doesn't have to do any stupid screaming.  Her power is not staying dead. 

Canary and Arrow did have a romance when Oliver and Sara were together. It didn't work and after her Resurrection Sara left to lead her own team. That's like the comics too. They still have their bond and history when they help each other fight the big crossover threat. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I think a big part of it is that they never got it so they just continue to yearn for it since it never got out of their system. 

I get the yearning, but at some point when the character they want paired up with their fave is already married, they gotta make like Elsa in Frozen

giphy.gif

• Love 15
14 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I get the yearning, but at some point when the character they want paired up with their fave is already married, they gotta make like Elsa in Frozen

giphy.gif

I wish I could just let things go as easily as Elsa sings about it. (This is just about life in general.)

• Love 1

Back during season 2, I thought they did the Sara/Oliver GA/BC thing to say they did. It came out of nowhere, even the actors said they were shocked when it happened. But I do think they had them in season 2, just so they could say look, we did it and it didn't work out. IMO, they had already planned to move on from Oliver/Laurel in season 1.Not saying they already knew Olicity would be it, but I do think they knew it wouldn't be Laurel or Sara on a permanent basis. Fans are gonna want what they want, but it does seem kinda pointless considering where the show is.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 4

They've had 3.5 Canaries and the only one who personally worked for me is leading another team (as she should be). I didn't dislike the Sara/Oliver hook up because what ended up on screen made send to me and was clearly only temporary. I still like the 2 lines of Sara and Oliver friendship we get during the crossover. Their bond ended up more genuine than Laurel and Oliver in any incarnation and to think Tinah and Oliver have ever been more than work colleagues and at the moment basically enemies is laughable. I guess they can take comfort in MG saying they won't have Oliver cheat (and that's consistent post Island) but Felicity might still not see the series finale. Hope for BS yet!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

What episode are they filming? Is EBR not filming much then if she's not in Canada?

They're filming episode 17 which Ken said is a Diggle-Centric episode. So it makes sense that Emily really isn't in it as much.

16 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

They're filming episode 17 which Ken said is a Diggle-Centric episode. So it makes sense that Emily really isn't in it as much.

Ahh thanks. Diggle centric is awesome although Delicity scenes would have been nice. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Ahh thanks. Diggle centric is awesome although Delicity scenes would have been nice. 

I wouldn't say they didn't film this quite yet. Filming usually takes 10-11 days. Emily just hasn't been on set for 4 days so far.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

That would be a short program, since Sara's a better athlete and fighter than both of them and she doesn't have to do any stupid screaming.

I'm suddenly imagining Sara coming back to town, getting fed up with the bullshit screaming contests, and knocking both their heads together.

Someday I would like to know the whole BTS story of Black Canary on Arrow.  I know it'll never happen, but the whole thing has been such a mess.   I just would love to know the whole scoop.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Super weird question but what happens in fandom when a show ends? Do you just celebrate or shake your fist and rage (depending on how your ship ends) and then you don't talk to the same people again because presumably there is nothing else to talk about after a while?

I'm going to miss you guys!!! My only other foray into the interwebs has been a dog forum and the jewellery forum which keeps going because people generally get new pups and jewellery. 

Like someone else said, most drift away, some you will keep bumping into forevermore in other fandoms and sadly occasionally on the opposite side of fandoms.  :(  And some end up being better buds and friends after the show is over than before.  :D

Speaking personally for me, my core group of friends from the Glee fandom became a group of friends who watched glee, rather than Glee fans that formed a group.  Sometimes friends are just good friends, regardless of how the friendships formed.  With us, it was banding together against crazy Glee shippers :P

However, we have all moved over to the Arrowverse now so it’s like old times.  We thank Grant and Melissa for that, but we now worship Caity.  Also, Beebo.

• Love 1

Portion of MB interview at Avignon Geek Expo today (anyone speak French?)...

Manu Bennett Interview - Spartacus, Arrow, The Hobbit - Avignon Geek Expo 2018
Published on Feb 17, 2018, by Juju Devil

Edited by tv echo

It was kind of insane looking, especially in the middle of shooting a season. Really, if this was a year ago, I'd suspect there was a time jump and Chase kept Oliver captive for a few months. 

• Love 1

SA has been added to Awesome Con, and Cress Williams has been added to both Awesome Con and HVFF-Chicago (his first HVFF!)...

Awesome Con, March 30-April 1, 2018 (Washington, D.C.)
Stephen Amell and John Barrowman (also Cress Williams)
http://awesome-con.com/guestsdc/

A Heroes & Villains and Walker Stalker Joint Event: 
Heroes & Villains FanFest-Chicago, April 7-8, 2018 (Rosemont, IL)
Stephen Amell, Emily Bett Rickards, David Ramsey, Katie Cassidy, Josh Segarra, Katrina Law and John Barrowman (also Cress Williams)
http://heroesfanfest.com/chicago/guests/

Also, KC has joined HVFF-Germany...

Heroes & Villains FanFest-Germany, June 2-3, 2018 (Dortmund, Germany)
Stephen Amell, Josh Segarra, Katie Cassidy and John Barrowman
https://heroesfanfest.de/index.php?view=artists

Edited by tv echo