Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Angel12d said:

But I thought he said FB was the best place ever? ??

I love that most replies on his tweet are supportive, but even in the new post, the Facebook comments are as much of a garbage pile as the ones on the original post he deleted. But yes, tell us more about how much better Facebook is than Twitter, Stephen...

• Love 5

It’s kind of funny that he’s posting on Twitter about the negativity on Facebook when about a month and half ago he was posting on Instagram about the negativity of Twitter and deleting/reinstating his Twitter account.  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

If you are up in arms (no pun intended) about high school kids advocating for their right not to die in school (as I sit here and watch coverage of another school shooting while I'm typing this), you need to re-examine your life.

I'm glad Stephen let them know he doesn't GAF, just like when people complained about him supporting Vancouver Pride.

I live not too far from there and have friends that went there.   My news feed has been blowing up.  Thankfully this wasn't some sort of massive assault with multiple lives taken. 

• Love 3

Hey, guys! I’m new here, but my friend speaks to one of the paparazzi on set and shared this with me. She told me I could share this. It’s interesting and it seems like we will for sure be shedding some series regulars next season. IMO, I’d take NTA leaving over Emily or David any day.

6F22808A-8247-4061-89AB-FA62100E1BD0.png

687E31C0-A1DB-455A-807D-D718A2B4E916.png

They are not going to eliminate or downgrade Emily or David, that's for sure. But I also doubt that either would really ask for that much money that would make the studio want think to. TVD kept 4? original actors around until the very end? Would've been 5 if Nina didn't leave.  Could be because not that many CW shows make it this far in life but thus far I havent seen a CW show really pull a Charmed where they can't afford anyone outside of the 3 leads.  

I’d be surprised if CG actually knew anything and this isn’t just speculation. The idea of letting anyone in OTA go is insane, especially after the reception to NTA.  Plus, he mentions ratings and the CW literally doesn’t care about those anymore. Dynasty is pulling in a 0.1 in the demo (worst than CEG - and any other show on broadcast) and is still expected to get renewed because it makes $ internationally.

In other news, anyone know which Arrow director this is about?

Edited by Trisha
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I think CG is just speculating like the rest of us. I don't think he actually knows anything, maybe some set gossip but, I don't think he knows what WB (not CW), Berlanti, etc are negotiating with the actors. 

I was told that he’s sure Arrow won’t be getting that much extra money for contract renewals. It’s the thing his assumptions are based on and, based off that, it would make sense that they wouldn’t be able to afford all of them. 

Personally, I do think he’s making a lot of assumptions but I do think he’s correct in that Arrow can’t afford to renew all of these contracts. Whatever stems from that, I’m not sure. 

Edited by Yikes27
1 minute ago, Yikes27 said:

I was told that he’s sure Arrow won’t be getting that much extra money for contract renewals. It’s the thing his assumptions are based on and, based off that, it would make sense that they wouldn’t be able to afford all of them. 

Personally, I do think he’s making a lot of assumptions but I do think he’s correct in that Arrow can’t afford to renew all of these contracts. Whatever stems from that, I’m not sure. 

The magic word is "that much extra money" so if they arent losing budget then they already have 3/4 contracts they dont have to worry about depending on the contracts NTA/KC have. David has been interested in directing so he could negotiate that into his contract vs. asking for more money. If anything, they could just give EBR/DR more money but reduce their episode count to make up for it. 18 episodes instead of 23.

14 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I’d be surprised if CG actually knew anything and this isn’t just speculation. The idea of letting anyone in OTA go is insane, especially after the reception to NTA.  Plus, he mentions ratings and the CW literally doesn’t care about those anymore. Dynasty is pulling in a 0.1 in the demo (worst than CEG - and any other show on broadcast) and is still expected to get renewed because it makes $ internationally.

In other news, anyone know which Arrow director this is about?

People are saying it's John Behring. I don't know if that's true, but it's what people have matched up with the info Ira gave.

I'm not worried about CW not renewing EBR or David. The only way I see those two leaving, is because they wanted out. Arrow maybe doing poor in the ratings, but the whole CW lineup is doing pretty bad. Arrow is in its 6th season, and younger shows are doing slightly better or worse than they are, so I think they're safe.

Edited by JJ928

Aw man, he did The Odyssey, one of my all-time faves. At least he hasn’t been around since last year.  Still I shudder to think what the women on the Arrow set had to put up with for his 13 episodes. And it’s crazy that he’s still working. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

I'm not worried about CW not renewing EBR or David. The only way I see those two leaving, is because they wanted out. 

Yep.I have zero concerns about either of them. If they have to trim fat from the cast salaries, they're not going to do it by getting rid of either of the two most popular co-stars. I tend to doubt that renewal would require getting rid of any of the cast members for economic reasons, but they should definitely do it for story reasons. 

It would not be the same without OTA. I have enjoyed shows before where they introduced a new main cast. I loved Ben Browder and Claudia Black when they went to SG1 but for me it would not be the same without DR even if they still had SA and EBR and gave me all the Olicity I wanted. I'm very attached to OTA *wails*

Can't they just mow over the N00bs wiht a heavy vehicle or drive them off a cliff? They should have used the explosion to blow up a few of them! Stupid Arrow!

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, EmilyBettFan said:

They keep making a mistake and losing money with KC on the show. If that stuff CG says is true. They should have formally let her go and never gotten her back at all.

"Reasons" remember! They will continue to spend money on KC because they have to. Lol she's the only one I wager who is 100% guaranteed to be back! Hell SA might leave before her! She's probably stay if they could get renewed and stuck in a new GA. 

28 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

"Reasons" remember! They will continue to spend money on KC because they have to. Lol she's the only one I wager who is 100% guaranteed to be back! Hell SA might leave before her! She's probably stay if they could get renewed and stuck in a new GA. 

I'm still reasonably certain she won't be a regular anymore.  (Unless they lose all the other women on the show then who knows what kind of crazy stunt casting they could do in a fictional far flung future)  I wouln't rule out some future guest staring visits but I don't think she's going to be around next season.  I think she will move on.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'm still reasonably certain she won't be a regular anymore.  (Unless they lose all the other women on the show then who knows what kind of crazy stunt casting they could do in a fictional far flung future)  I wouln't rule out some future guest staring visits but I don't think she's going to be around next season.  I think she will move on.  

Ditto. I thought she was a one and done since they announced she was coming back full time. I'd actually be shocked if they brought her back for another season.

2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I dunno, she wouldn't come back if she could get a steady job elsewhere. Why would you come back if you were fired that they basically tried to reboot your character with a newbie. She obviously can't get a job anywhere else so it seems like she'd be the most willing for this gig now matter how long it goes on.

I worry about EBR's willingness to stay with Arrow. She's done really well with her movie (seriously can't they just sell that damn movie on Itunes so I can buy it). I am constantly worried she'd run off to do artsy projects. Of course I'd be happy for her cuz she's talented and a sweetheart but I'd be sooooo sad at the same time! 

It was all of 6 months and she was announced 2 months after the finale she had a "special" contract with the Arrowverse, did 2 movies, and then was announced as a regular? Not as if she went an entire year with no work lol and she's never had a bad word to say against the show so I don't think she has any animosity towards anyone bts.  

13 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

she's never had a bad word to say against the show

She thanked that guy from Forbes after he wrote an article that said the show should be cancelled without her. And liked "no Laurel no Arrow" tagged tweets

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

She thanked that guy from Forbes after he wrote an article that said the show should be cancelled without her. 

Technically she didnt say anything bad lol. But I think we know that a lot of the cast seem guilty of reading the headline and never the article. 

Hello everyone.

So, after being sent multiple DMs on twitter about this, I decided to come here and respond directly to you all. Oddly, I thought I had an account here already, but seems I didnt. So I had to create one, just to reply.

Lets start off with, I have Z-E-R-O idea what contracts might be negotiated at this time. No one outside of the cast, agents & CW reps working on them likely know either. So anyone saying they "know" the situation on all of the cast is surely full of it. Perhaps a friend of ONE cast member knows about that specific cast members negotiations... but they wouldnt know everyones.

What I DO know however..... is the business of TV. While everything I said is without any definitive fact behind it yet (good time to point out that conveniently screencapped DM fails to point out, my reply was to the question "what do you think...." not "what do you know..."). It is said with years of observing how television works, the understanding of how actor contracts are negotiated, and some common sense.

Like with any entertainment medium, there is a pecking order. If its a sports team, you start with the star player, and work down, and if there isnt enough left in the teams projected budget for raises when they get to the bottom guys, those guys are cut. Same goes with television. They are NOT going to negotiate a new deal with Rick Gonzalez or Juliana Harkavy ahead of David Ramsey or Emily Bett Rickards, and they arent going to negotiate their deals till they get Stephen Amell signed up. Slightly different than a sports team however is that if they DO sign 1 before they get to Stephen, and the show doesnt go forward, the contract would just be forwarded to the next project they hire them for. its why you sometimes see the same actor get hired 2 or 4 pilot seasons in a row from the same network, or end one show then added on to another one 1/2 a season later....because they still have years left on a contract to burn off.

As I stated in that post. Raises are in order. Its just a fact of doing business. Now an actor can be nice, they can take the smallest raise that their union allows, but they still will be getting raises. Stephen will get a raise. David & Emily will get a raise if they sign on. Paul (if he is still around) will get a raise if he signs on. NTA if they are around, will get a raise. This is a problem every TV show faces, costs of the cast VS value the show brings in. At the end of the day, the show runners has to live within a budget set out for them. They have to decide what works best for their budget. This means, outside of Stephen, ANYONE is expendable if the price is wrong. They obviously have a preference scale. They would PREFER to keep David & Emily the most. PREFER to keep Paul & NTA second. But at some point, they also have to decide on David or Emily, are the raises they want better spent elsewhere? If they can re-sign all 3 NTA members for the same value as 1 Emily or 1 David, guess what, that is more beneficial for the production to fill 3 spots up than 1. Just like a sports team, you need to fill a roster out. That roster also has to be able to carry 42 minutes of screen time an episode. There is more practical value in keeping 3 cheaper contracts, than 1 larger contract, regardless how more popular that 1 larger contracts character might be with fans.

A best case scenario for the studio is they manage to keep 2 of the original cast (David, Emily & Paul) and 1 to 2 NTA. It would be pretty hard to see a scenario where they can manage to keep all 3 original cast. Also, dont forget, those NTA contracts are less than the original cast contracts, so their raises are smaller than the originals. The original cast also are going to have larger minimum raises than the NTA. Plain and simple, it is far far far more alluring to studio execs to sign on the cheaper cast to fill up the screen time at less money than to sign up 1 of the original cast that are making notably more, likely will have more demands in their deals, and are allowed larger raises. So while they would PREFER to keep David, Emily & Paul OVER NTA, they know the financial practicality of it is, 1, or maybe even two of those 3 might have to go to allow them enough room to fill out a roster of cast.  This is also completely ignoring the fact, what about Katie Cassidy? Because of her past problems, I dont even know if shes on a new contract, or if her original contract is still in effect, etc. If shes up for renegotiations as well, and depending what type of deal she is on, that could make the waters a LOT muddier for the originals as well. All of this is completely moot however if they dont sign Stephen up first. However much of a raise he eats up, decides how much is left for the rest of the combined cast. The higher his raise, the more original cast they wont be able to even sign, let alone negotiate with. I suspect there will be some deals comparable to Willa's renegotiated deal where she stipulated how many episodes a season she was willing to work, in lieu of them not being able to give the amount of raises required. Might see a deal where David says "if you just want to give me this much, fine, but I am only doing 15 episodes" or Emily say "if thats the total $, I will only do this many eps, or this many minutes per ep". Theres a plethora of ways they COULD keep everyone.... but it will come at the cost somewhere, either screen time, or episodes missed by some to offset the money they cant afford to give them.

Every show has these struggles eventually. To get six years in without having to really go through a major contract renewal phase is pretty good. Most shows have 4 or 5 year deals. On the same hand, because its so long, they will be up for some pretty hefty raises.

As I said, I do not KNOW what contract negotiations are going on. Everything I just said is solely based off logic and knowledge of how television works on a level that casual viewers dont. Only The Cw & Arrow production team knows how much they are allowed to budget for regular cast for next season. If its only 5-15% more, guess what, lots of original cast are leaving. If its 20-40% better chance some stay. 50% or more, they can probably keep who they want. But my feeling is its going to be less than 30%, probably even less than 25% At the end of the day, hope I'm wrong and they manage to keep everyone they want to keep. But maybe 1 in every 40 shows gets to do that. Guess we will have to wait & see.

• Love 4

John Behring has not directed any S6 episodes (so far). The last Arrow episode he directed was 506 (So It Begins).

If the CW is even considering having Arrow go past 7 seasons, then they need to consider how key cast changes will affect viewership. We've seen what happened to Once Upon a Time and The Walking Dead, where old, fan fave cast members left the show (some voluntarily, some involuntarily).

Edited by tv echo
30 minutes ago, tv echo said:

John Behring has not directed any S6 episodes (so far). The last Arrow episode he directed was 506 (So It Begins).

If the CW is even considering having Arrow go past 7 seasons, then they need to consider how key cast changes will affect viewership. We've seen what happened to Once Upon a Time and The Walking Dead, where old, fan fave cast members left the show (some voluntarily, some involuntarily).

I find it so interesting that MG’s wife was the first to tweet a reply of support under the TVD writer’s article. 

As for the contract negotiations, yes that’s all typical of broadcast TV, but I’m not in panic mode just yet, mostly because the CW is anything but typical. They care less about ratings and more about the money they get from streaming deals. Pedowitz said at the TCAs in Jan that some Arrow contracts have already been extended. SA has said he’s signed on through S7. And if SA doesn’t want to got past S7, it all becomes a moot point anyway.

Edited by Trisha
  • Love 1

I don't understand why Paul Blackthorne hasn't pulled a Victor Garber and walked out on the show years ago. It's obvious the writers don't have anything but addiction and daughter drama to offer him and frankly, he can do a heck of a lot better than that. 

• Love 2

I wonder how much actors ultimately care about the storylines they get. Since there aren't any guarantees of getting other work (or said other work being of better quality than the show they're already on), if they're happy with their work situation/environment and their pay, I wonder how often storyline quality plays into a desire to leave. 

• Love 6

The guest list for HVFF-Chicago, April 7-8, 2018 (joint event with Walker-Stalker Con), keeps growing. Here's the roster so far...

Arrow
Stephen Amell
David Ramsey
Emily Bett Rickards
Echo Kellum
Katie Cassidy
Katrina Law
Josh Segarra
John Barrowman
Kirk Acevedo

Legends of Tomorrow
Franz Drameh

Black Lightning
Cress Williams
Marvin 'Krondon' Jones III
James Remar

Gotham
David Mazouz
Robin Lord Taylor
Drew Powell

The Gifted
Blair Redford
Emma Dumont
Sean Teale

Daredevil
Elodie Yung

Luke Cage
Mike Colter

The Punisher
Jon Bernthal
Jason R. Moore
Ebon Moss-Bachrach

Riverdale
Lili Reinhart
Madelaine Petsch

The Walking Dead
(many cast members)

Boondock Saints
Sean Patrick Flannery
David Della Rocco

Dead 7
Nick Carter

Archer
Aisha Tyler

Edited by tv echo
56 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I wonder how much actors ultimately care about the storylines they get. Since there aren't any guarantees of getting other work (or said other work being of better quality than the show they're already on), if they're happy with their work situation/environment and their pay, I wonder how often storyline quality plays into a desire to leave. 

yeah I've wondered the same. I am sure some actors like to broaden their horizon and tackle different sides of their character on their respective shows but ultimately if they're happy with their pay, working environment and cast mates then they probably wont make a lot of noise.

Also let us be real, a lot of ppl would kill to be on a popular DCTV franchise and would stick around for as long as they could. Unless they know they can get a better gig or raise elsewhere they'd probably go for that then anything. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, strikera0 said:

I don't understand why Paul Blackthorne hasn't pulled a Victor Garber and walked out on the show years ago. It's obvious the writers don't have anything but addiction and daughter drama to offer him and frankly, he can do a heck of a lot better than that. 

Maybe he's getting paid a nice salary that affords him time off so he can pursue his other interests. He might not care about the SL per se if he's getting what he wants out of the deal. 

• Love 3

EBR seems much more enthused about her hiatus projects than Arrow so I wondered for a bit if she may want to leave to pursue other things. But then I realized that they can't pay well, so Arrow is a great gig for her.

23 minutes ago, Chaser said:

EBR seems much more enthused about her hiatus projects than Arrow so I wondered for a bit if she may want to leave to pursue other things. But then I realized that they can't pay well, so Arrow is a great gig for her.

I think she's promoted her hiatus stuff because she's essentially their big star so she had to get the word out for the movie. She doesn't promote arrow because she doesn't need to. Wish she would post about it more but I guess it is what it is.

• Love 1

For EBR Arrow also means she still gets to live in her hometown and be close to family.  She's been so lucky in her big break as an actor happening without having to uproot her whole life.  Who else can say that?  I wouldn't be surprised if she takes advantage of that rare gift for as long as she can.  She's young enough that even if she stays with Arrow for another 4 years, she still has a long career ahead of her.  

• Love 5

Blake Neely was a keynote speaker at this event...

Two-Day Festival Celebrates the Global Power of Music
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/two-day-festival-celebrates-the-global-power-of-music-300617328.html

LOS ANGELES, March 21, 2018 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- On March 14-15, 2018, Education Through Music-Los Angeles hosted its 8th Annual Music Unites the World Festival at the Skirball Cultural Center as part of Music In Our Schools Month (National Association for Music Education). Nearly 1,000 people were in attendance, including over 500 students from 23 of ETM-LA's partner schools across Los Angeles County – South Central, Compton, Boyle Heights, Chinatown, East LA, North Hollywood, Pacoima, Canoga Park, Pasadena, Burbank, Sun Valley, Sylmar, and other communities – to perform songs from around the world.
Major figures from the music industry served as inspiring keynote speakers - Blake Neely (Composer, Flash, Arrow), Randy Spendlove (President of Worldwide Music & Publishing, Paramount Pictures), John Dennis (Executive Creative Director, Walt Disney Imagineering), Booker White (Supervisor of Music Prep. and Director of Music Library, Walt Disney Pictures & Television), Cadavid & Martin (Producers/Composers), and David Dann and Peter Torres from Mind of a Genius (Zhu, Gallant). Dennis, Mouradian, Neely, Spendlove, and White are also involved on ETM-LA's board.

Edited by tv echo

Stunt Selfies: Behind the Scenes of a Film Set
Published on Mar 22, 2018, by MiltonNGTV

Special thanks to my fellow cast and crew of Arrow, especially a big shoutout to the entire stunt community for performing such dangerous, yet awesome stunts. These men/women risk their lives when they do a stunt to making our favorite tv shows that much better. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Why is she on the poster twice?

it makes no sense at all to me LOL Kind of dumb considering there are other actors to showcase.

KC has known to be awful with fans, everytime I see an announcement about her you see numerous fans talk about their bad experiences with her. Hopefully KC is more personable/less of an ass this time. 

I also remember talking to some of the people who were working HVFF ATL and they were talking about how KC is awful to work/deal with... She really needs an attitude adjustment tbh

Edited by WindofChange
  • Love 11

Once as BC once as BS would be my guess, though the difference isnt there (she's not wearing Siren's clothes) Or maybe the graphics person is a really big KC fan? Or just an incompetent rush job and they didn't realise.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1