Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

i'll wager an accurate guess that most of these mean spirited individuals are fangirl/boys who are probably still in their teen years and those who are not seriously need to mature and grow up. Jealousy.

I've read through SA wife's twitter and Instagram accounts several times in the past few months, and even want back.. she seems like a cool individual, plus she's freakin hot. she seems to be a strong minded, independent woman who is not afraid to do her own thing and say "screw it" to what everyone thinks of it. Which is my kind of woman!

I haven't watched top model in years, and even then it was sporadicly, so I don't remember her from the show, but from google i understand she did a pretty gutsy move by leaving- even though, imo she looked super fine with the short bleached blonde hair. My point is, she's my kind of woman and she and Stephen do look incredibly happy (as far as they're putting on, i always say you never know what happens behind closed doors) and inlove.

• Love 1

And he might have not even been looking at her legs in a lascivious way either. Meh.

He turned and looked several times, which makes me think that he probably wasn't looking at her legs, because that would be unmitigated stupidity given the public nature of the event.

If most of Guggenheim's tweets are Felicity or Olicity related it's because he knows he'll get a big response.  No doubt that's the part he loves so much.

This.  I don't think it's a matter of him being a huge Olicity shipper.  He just knows how his bread gets buttered.

• Love 7

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/status/537352568192520192

I do understand where MG is coming from, even if I'm worried about those episodes specifically. You can't blame fans for their lack of enthusiasm when it concerns a problematic character. But why do people have to involve MG in these statements/conversations? At least wait until the episodes have aired. Already there's people saying it's only because we ship Olicity. Why does everything have to come back to a ship? Can't we have valid opinions that are not directly related to ship preference? Ugh. 

Edited by Guest

He turned and looked several times, which makes me think that he probably wasn't looking at her legs, because that would be unmitigated stupidity given the public nature of the event.

I watched the full Q&A and yes it did look like he was staring at her legs but then I realized he had actually turned his head so he could better hear the EPs answer questions (they were sitting behind him).  You see EBR and other people on the panel doing the same kind of thing throughout the whole event.  If  he actually looked at her legs it was just because they were in his line of sight but for the most time I doubt his eyes were focused on anything. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

I was surprised, happily so!, to see that Colton is going to be on CBS' The Talk tomorrow!  I figure it's to start pumping up the casual viewers for the crossover on the 2nd & 3rd. Still, it could be a fun segment. Maybe there will be a game of some kind involved?

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/status/537352568192520192

I do understand where MG is coming from, even if I'm worried about those episodes specifically. You can't blame fans for their lack of enthusiasm when it concerns a problematic character. But why do people have to involve MG in these statements/conversations? At least wait until the episodes have aired. Already there's people saying it's only because we ship Olicity. Why does everything have to come back to a ship? Can't we have valid opinions that are not directly related to ship preference? Ugh. 

Yeah, that entire convo is painful, but I do like that one of the fans responded to the Laurel/Katie fan about slamming Olicity fans. Why the heck are Olicity fans getting blamed for Laurel until now? There was nothing about Felicity or Olicity in that convo until that K/L fan dragged Olicity into it. So, I'm giving StilettoRoyalty a round of applause. I've seen her on Twitter from time to time. The woman doesn't mince words.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 2

I watched the full Q&A and yes it did look like he was staring at her legs but then I realized he had actually turned his head so he could better hear the EPs answer questions (they were sitting behind him).  You see EBR and other people on the panel doing the same kind of thing throughout the whole event.  If  he actually looked at her legs it was just because they were in his line of sight but for the most time I doubt his eyes were focused on anything. 

I realised the same thing when I re-watched the first part on a larger screen.

Yeah, that entire convo is painful, but I do like that one of the fans responded to the Laurel/Katie fan about slamming Olicity fans. Why the heck are Olicity fans getting blamed for Laurel until now? There was nothing about Felicity or Olicity in that convo until that K/L fan dragged Olicity into it. So, I'm giving StilettoRoyalty a round of applause. I've seen her on Twitter from time to time. The woman doesn't mince words.

It's very painful. I understand including MG in the tweets once the episodes have aired because then you have evidence to support the claims that the episodes suck but until then it's just embarrassing.

And I am so sick of the reasoning that people only dislike Laurel because they're Olicity fans. One does not correlate to the other. It's such a copout but the excuse is so prevalent everywhere it's infuriating. 

If they don't blame it on rabid Olicity fans, what are they going to say?  People are dreading the episodes because it's way too fast?  John Campea said that but Laurel/BC fans won't.  That people don't like Laurel because she's not in the fishnets yet, but here she's going to be and that's what people are complaining about.  Any other reason other than Olicity means that Laurel/BC isn't working and they're not going to say that.

I can understand including MG now because people are dreading it and hoping that he will give them something that will make them excited about it, like a tweet about really good scenes with Diggle and Felicity while Oliver is gone, but yeah, better wait till the episodes actually air.  

• Love 2

I would like to see most of the stories from the 2.5 comic on the screen.  :-(

Me too.  Maybe some of the season would be more intriguing if we knew what happened in between and be able to see it organically happen to understand why they are where they are today.  

Edited by BumpSetSpike
  • Love 1

Oh my gosh.  Some of the stuff on Guggenheim's twitter cracks me up.  Here's a new one that I laughed at today.  The person asks how they can support a show that they love that's getting not-so-great ratings.  Guggenheim answers (maybe thinking it's a question about Arrow?), and then the person responds that BTW the show they're asking about is Forever.  Hahahahaha!  Also, if you're disappointed with Arrow it looks like you should avoid tweeting and watching on the DVR.

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/status/538123563329257472

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 1

So, out of boredom I've been wandering around the web, and I came across an interview with Stephen Amell from the beginning of season 2. It was so strange, it seemed to me as if there was a complete different feeling about the show in general compared to now. I don't know if it's just me projecting what I do know has then happened on the show (it was a little bit spoilerish for the time), the obvious change in tone from last season to the current one, or something else. Also, it looks like now they give spoilers every chance they have, while in this interview I read, some things were definitely held back. Do you notice any difference from last year to now?

I think they're a lot more complaisant about Arrow now.  It's almost sure to get a season 4 pick-up so they don't have to try as hard any more, hence the more spoilers.  It's an easy way to get people to watch whereas tiny hints with mystery is more work.

The Flash is the show they're putting their efforts into now, plus Berlanti's Mysteries of Laura and putting together a Supergirl show for his DC empire.

I also think that AK focusing on The Flash and Belanti on all his projects has left Marc Guggenheim as the one really in charge of Arrow and for overall management, I suspect he's the weakest of the three. For whatever reason, the storylines on Arrow this season have had more holes than every before (it's the Swiss cheese season), Oliver has gone back to being douchey and Felicity and Diggles are being written OOC (just look at the debates as to whether there is justification for Felicity being Ray's prime cheerleader of she's just been blinkered), the much pulbicized Thea/Malcolm story line has been missing for 5 of the 7 episodes, and Who Killed Sara? is one of the worst written mysteries on TV.   And then there's Laurel being made Black Canary which I can't see being a plus overall for the show.  (Either she's great in the job, in which case a significant' part of the audience rolls their eyes, or she's stumbling, which wouldn't please her fans and is an annoyance for those who aren't.)

Even Stephen Amell, who is the show's biggest booster, seems to be discouraged by  the audience's reaction and the questions.

• Love 7
(Either she's great in the job, in which case a significant' part of the audience rolls their eyes, or she's stumbling, which wouldn't please her fans and is an annoyance for those who aren't.)

I can't even imagine how Katie Cassidy must feel about the problems people have with Laurel, if she's even aware of them. But the EP's are in a bind because Laurel as the Black Canary is a lose/lose proposition no matter how they do it. If she proves to be hyper competent from the start it will please her fans but people who don't like her or don't care too much are going to roll their eyes and change the channel or stop watching. If she has to go through a growing period where she gets knocked around for a while it still won't please the haters since they won't like her no matter what they do and it will certainly anger the Laurel fans, only the ones who don't care that much will likely be pleased to see Laurel get beaten up. If she tries and fails and quits it will infuriate the Laurel fans and the people who don't care much will wonder why they bothered in the first place, while those who hate Laurel will be annoyed by the fact they had to waste so many episodes on seeing Laurel fail when they could have been watching...anything else.

• Love 9

That's why I wish they had made her Manhunter or some other DC character instead.  It would upset the smallest group of people compared to the other alternatives.

People who like Sara would still have their Black Canary, people who like Laurel/KC would still have her as some kind of superhero vigilante, and those who don't like her wouldn't have to worry that she was going to be a major part of Team Arrow.  I think the only people who would really hate it are the comic book purists who think that Laurel Lance must be the Black Canary no matter what, but this show has been messing with comic canon all the time.

It seems like they are floundering quite a bit on the character front because they became salves to the plot. Had that been a great plot, most of it would've been forgiven but that plot (who killed Sara and why) is the lamest thing this season. Major yawns.

Edited by TanyaKay
  • Love 3

I agree that they are going to upset some group of fans or another no matter what they do, I guess we just have to hope for the lesser evil in terms of storyline. But really, as many over here have already stated, they sure don't sell the same show they're producing. I mean, "Who killed Sara?" was supposed to drive the first half of the season, but we have had only 2 episodes, 3 if we count the midseason finale, devoted to this "mistery". The real storyline has been about "how is Laurel going to become Black Canary?" Also, at Comic Con there was this big mistery surrounding Malcolm and Thea, leading us to believe all kinds of stuff, and they barely featured at all. Gah!

About the spoilers,  I didn't watch the show last year so I don't know if the amount of things they let slip is actually that different, after all I read just this one interview from that period, but for example, he didn't mention Sara's appearance, or,  there was a question about Isabel Rochev and what relationship would she affect, and SA pretty much lied saying there was nothing of that sort with her (when they clearly had  already shot ep.6 since there was also a question about Barry Allen). This season they have more or less said everything in advance, aside from Sara's death.

I don't know if Guggenheim is more or less capable than the others, at this point my hope is that, since from the first part of the last season I wouldn't have imagined it'd evolve as it did, they manage to surprise me and entertain me with this season as well :)

I have absolutely zero reservations about pointing the finger at Guggenheim, and to a lesser extent, the remaining writers (who weren't shipped off to The Flash). MG is the one who's handling the heavy lifting on the show and dealing the most with the media. He's the one writing the Arrow show tie-in comic while Kreisberg is writing the DC mainline Green Arrow comic and is the primary showrunner over at The Flash. Berlanti's always seemed like more of a supervisory producer to me anyway since he's juggling multiple shows at any given point in time. Given how disjointed and lackluster this season is I think the reasons are pretty apparent. The EP focus shift to new DC properties (and other shows in GB's case) has really exposed the chinks in the show's armor.

At this point, I don't think it's going to get back on track without a major refocus, but I doubt that's going to happen this season.

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 6