Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, tv echo said:

I hope Jack Moore isn't included just because of his past work, but that we get to see teen William reunited with his family. 

38 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Maybe it's my phone and eyes playing tricks on me, but SA looks younger than usual in the firat pic and then noticeably older and kind of gaunt in the second. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

I hope Jack Moore isn't included just because of his past work, but that we get to see teen William reunited with his family. 

Maybe it's my phone and eyes playing tricks on me, but SA looks younger than usual in the firat pic and then noticeably older and kind of gaunt in the second. 

OMG I'm hoping its cause we get to see Oliver older and graying in the future with Felicity William and Mia 

22 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Spot on casting.

Yeah definitely. I mean it's no "why did no one check to see if Ronnie Raymond was a relative of Oliver's" but one certainly looks like he could have grown into the other and both definitely look like they could be related to SA and Anna Hopkins. 

• Love 2

Oooh I love the Williams! 

For all the complaining I do about Arrow they managed to turned the dumpster BMD storyline into one of the best things about the show. Casting Ben Lewis as Adult William was the icing on the cake.

I REALLY want a pic of Jack Moore with EBR to see how much taller he's grown! I hope it turns up!!!

• Love 9

Sis couldn't even stick to her "We don't post pictures anymore because you're bad fans" lie for 24 hours. But everyone already knew that wasn't the reason.

In any event, Emily is freaking gorgeous.

• LOL 4
4 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

Sis couldn't even stick to her "We don't post pictures anymore because you're bad fans" lie for 24 hours. But everyone already knew that wasn't the reason.

What was the reason?

4 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

Sis couldn't even stick to her "We don't post pictures anymore because you're bad fans" lie for 24 hours.

Carina's need to announce her friendships with/proximity to famous people is the most entertaining thing about her. It must've been killing her that people thought they weren't friends/weren't hanging out anymore, LOL.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Carina's need to announce her friendships with/proximity to famous people is the most entertaining thing about her. It must've been killing her that people thought they weren't friends/weren't hanging out anymore, LOL.

Exactly. Especially when other people were posting pictures of themselves with Emily at the party.

2 hours ago, Trisha said:

What was the reason?

You can't post pics of someone who's not there with you, and Emily hasn't been hanging out with them much lately. She didn't go to Cass' birthday weekend or her cancer event a few weeks ago. She wasn't around when Carina and Aisha got their jar tattoos. She wasn't with them and Cass in New Mexico a few weeks ago. Hence, why Carina needed to defensively tell us they've been spending a ton of time with her, even though nobody asked.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, KenyaJ said:

You can't post pics of someone who's not there with you, and Emily hasn't been hanging out with them much lately. She didn't go to Cass' birthday weekend or her cancer event a few weeks ago. She wasn't around when Carina and Aisha got their jar tattoos. She wasn't with them and Cass in New Mexico a few weeks ago. Hence, why Carina needed to defensively tell us they've been spending a ton of time with her, even though nobody asked.

Yeah, I don’t think EBR has been hanging out with the jar as much. But I do think there’s been a recent, concerted effort from everyone in her life (not just the jar people) to keep her off social media more so it’s hard to tell exactly when she’s been around and when she hasn’t. I am by no means a fan of Carina, but I do think that EBR is friends with her. But while everyone else is trying to protect EBR from dumb comments and speculation, Carina just can’t help herself.

51 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Yeah, I don’t think EBR has been hanging out with the jar as much. But I do think there’s been a recent, concerted effort from everyone in her life (not just the jar people) to keep her off social media more so it’s hard to tell exactly when she’s been around and when she hasn’t. I am by no means a fan of Carina, but I do think that EBR is friends with her. But while everyone else is trying to protect EBR from dumb comments and speculation, Carina just can’t help herself.

There were lowkey things posted just not by the jar people. 

47 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

There were lowkey things posted just not by the jar people. 

There have been a few from ppl like Jean Luc and some of her other friends, but even if you look at the EBR-dedicated twitter feeds that repost every sighting, there’s been a marked decline in pics since her play ended, and she hasn’t commented on/liked a lot of other ppl’s posts for months. I def think she’s trying to stay off social more than she has in the past.  

33 minutes ago, Trisha said:

There have been a few from ppl like Jean Luc and some of her other friends, but even if you look at the EBR-dedicated twitter feeds that repost every sighting, there’s been a marked decline in pics since her play ended, and she hasn’t commented on/liked a lot of other ppl’s posts for months. I def think she’s trying to stay off social more than she has in the past.  

I think she is just trying to have a private life more and maybe even having a social media break. Grant Gustin is doing the same but still shows off in other peoples posts. And that is fine. But its not like she banned posts that include her. Probably just means that she was hanging around with people who respect her privacy and didnt post everything. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, tv echo said:

Oh my God, it's like a way less douchy version of pre-island Oliver. Like, what if the Queens were 100% more normal and the kids were meeting Moira and Robert for dinner. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I think she is just trying to have a private life more and maybe even having a social media break. Grant Gustin is doing the same but still shows off in other peoples posts. And that is fine. But its not like she banned posts that include her. Probably just means that she was hanging around with people who respect her privacy and didnt post everything. 

That’s probably right. It’s likely a mix of everything: EBR is trying to be more private, but also even though Carina is terrible at not showing off her famous friends, she’s likely not lying about EBR pulling back because (at least partly) of the garbage comments it generates. 

12 minutes ago, Trisha said:

That’s probably right. It’s likely a mix of everything: EBR is trying to be more private, but also even though Carina is terrible at not showing off her famous friends, she’s likely not lying about EBR pulling back because (at least partly) of the garbage comments it generates. 

Its hard to say because we only have Carina speaking a lot of times for stephen and emily. And Carina has a bad record to getting into fights with fans and is hated from a lot of fandoms from One Tree Hill, Supernatural, Vampire Diaries and now Arrow.  She also claimed SA and EBR make fun of fans.  Which i have a hard time believing that either of them cares that much what fans say in their spare time.  And this is just another time she is speaking for her famous friends. 

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 4

Carina getting into it with fans over Stephen and Emily always cracks me up considering she used to write Jared/Jensen RPF when she was in the Supernatural fandom, before she went legit. 

Anyway, if Emily wants to be off of social media, I'm glad her friends are for the most part respecting her wishes. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I can see some "can you believe this crazy shit?" going on from actors re fandom sometimes (any actors any shows) but if SA and EBR have said it? Maybe, but one is more than happy to play it to the x10000 beyond what fans would expect even for publicity sake and the other not so much but both give the impression of being publicly grateful and not really giving a damn what fans think outside of the show. Actors that do make fun of fans nastily will be grateful when cons are paying the bills 15 years down the line. It's a two way street.

I kind of find it hilarious because even as a showrunner Carina is telegraphing her fangirling over certain characters and ships in interviews. Really not that much different than certain Big Name Fans from different fandoms except her fanfic is now on TV, so congrats. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 5

KM participated in The 24 Hour Plays Broadway Gala Honoring Kathy Bates last night (Nov. 18) in New York...

Megalyn Echikunwoke also participated in this event...

Edited by tv echo

Next weekend's comic cons (updated, with schedules)...

DarkShadeCon: A Shadowhunters Convention, November 23-24, 2019 (Brussels, Belgium)
Katherine McNamara
http://www.klzevents.com/DarkShadeCon/web_europe/en/index.php
Schedule
-Sat. (11/23) at 4:00pm - Katherine McNamara Panel
-Sat. (11/23) at 6:15pm - Katherine McNamara & Emeraude Toubia Panel
-Sun. (11/24) at 1:30pm - Katherine McNamara Panel
-Sun. (11/24) at 6:30pm - Katherine McNamara & Dominic Sherwood Panel

Wizard World Bay Area, November 22-24, 2019 (Oakland, CA)
Katrina Law, Neal McDonough and Sean Maher (also Caity Lotz, Brandon Routh, Courtney Ford and Matt Ryan)
https://wizardworld.com/comiccon/bay-area
Programming
Guest Schedules
-Sat. (11/23) at 1:00pm - Can’t Take The Sky From Me: A Conversation With Firefly’s Jewel Staite And Sean Maher
-Sat. (11/23) at 2:00pm - Legends Of Tomorrow Reunion With Brandon Routh, Caity Lotz And Matt Ryan
-Sun. (11/24) at 12:00pm - Women Of Sci-Fi And Fantasy: A Conversation With Holly Marie Combs, Courtney Ford And Katrina Law
-Sun. (11/24) at 1:00pm - From Dum Dum Dugan To Damien Dahrk: A Conversation With Neil McDonough

Vienna Comiic Con, November 23-24, 2019 (Austria)
Alex Kingston
https://www.viecc.com/en-gb/guests.html
Program
-Sun. (11/24) at 3:00pm - Doctor Who & Emergency Room Panel with Alex Kingston

Edited by tv echo
2 hours ago, calliope1975 said:

KM is delightful. I wish the spinoff had a better premise. 

I know shes such a doll. I just love that once she learned she was Olicity Princess she went and binged the show to get what a Olicity Daughter would be like. And that she wanted to do everything she could to please the Olicity fans 😂😂 I also love that like a lot of us she loves Anatoly!

• Love 3

Arrow-related comments from LoT panel at Wizard World Bay Area in Oakland, CA, yesterday (Nov. 23) - warning: video itself includes crossover spoilers...

WW Bay Area 2019: Brandon Routh, Caity Lotz, and Courtney Ford Panel
steven alvarez  Nov. 24, 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTpK4Z3yQv0

-- All three of their characters started out on Arrow

-- Mod: "Caity, you started, um, as The Canary, and then died, came back, and now -"  CL interrupted: "The Canary."  Mod: "The Canary. Wasn't always the Black Canary, then we've changed the names a bunch."

-- CF mentioned that her character, Nora Darhk, started on Arrow as a 10-year-old child and that Nora's mother was killed by Anarky, who was played by Alexander Calvert, who played CF's son on Supernatural.

-- Mod commented that CL's character has evolved from Sara Lance to Canary to White Canary and asked if there was a particular Sara or Canary that she liked the best. CL: "I always loved playing the early Sara Lance... I love dark drama. I do. I love it. Um, and there was a lot of that and that was really fun, especially second season [of Arrow], I really got to do a lot. And it was like just water stunts and like it's just - so much action, it was awesome. Um, the new Sara Lance has been fun and it's changing all the time. And sometimes it's like great being the captain, being the boss, and other times, I'm like, I want to be the character that just gets to mess around, not be in charge and on top of everything all the time. So it's been - it's been fun like playing with the comedy."

-- BR talked a lot about the crossover (see COIE crossover thread in LoT forum for those transcriptions).

Edited by tv echo

Full video of "Women of Sci-Fi and Fantasy" panel at Wizard World Bay Area in Oakland, CA, on Nov. 24 (I only transcribed a few comments) - no spoilers...

Katrina Law, Holly Marie Combs, Courtney Ford At Wizard World Oakland Panel
Zennie62 Oakland News Now Today Commentary Vlog  Nov. 26, 2019

-- On what she's going to miss most about Arrow, KL: "The thing I'm going to miss most about Arrow is this family that we've built. Um, Arrow is such a unique experience because, not only have I been on a guest cast recur for the past seven years or six years, but I've traveled the world with this cast. We've gone to conventions all over the place, and the unique thing is, not only have I built a family with this cast, but with the fans. Like, we know fans' names on a personal basis. We know your names. We've held your children in our hands. We know who you are. We know your story. And it's a beautiful experience to know that, not only is our community on the set, but it's now worldwide and we've actually had personal interactions with our fans. So it feels like this massive community that - that travels together. And I think, um, I don't think that's gonna end, so I don't know that I'm gonna miss it. But it's probably not going to be as intense as it has been over the past several years. So I think that's - that's the thing that, um, is the thing that is the most bittersweet about this."

-- Fan brought up issue of how female fans are often underrepresented and overlooked in genre entertainment, which led to interesting panel discussion on, among other things, pros and cons of social media. KL emphasized that male fans have given "great content" and that they're not taking away anything from them, but that they just want women to be equal. KL: "That being said, The CW has really appreciated their female fans. And you can see that with their upcoming shows really catering to their female genre. Because, to be honest, the majority - statistically, the majority of people who watch television, it's 70% female, and then it's 30% male. But yet it's catered to the men. And I've even been thinking - you know, I get that question a lot, like, whose love interest are you going to be? And a lot of times it's even women who are trained to think that way. So it's not just asking men to, hey, retrain yourselves; it's also asking women to retrain ourselves and go, maybe let's expect more, and then you can get more, versus falling into the same trap that we're trying to get out of." There was also a brief follow-up discussion about how all these male-authored books were being made into television and films, but female-authored books in the same genre were being ignored.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

The last half of this video is from the Katherine McNamara & Emeraude Toubia panel at DarkShadeCon on Nov. 24...

(Vd448)

-- On the differences between Clary and Mia, KM: "So Clary and Mia are - I think the ways in which they're similar is their hearts and their ferocity. They care fiercely for the people that they love and for what they believe to be right and the right thing. And they will do anything, sacrifice anything, jump in headfirst, to service that cause. But I think the ways in which they're different are their perspective. Clary was raised by a very loving mother in a very wonderful, artistic, beautiful home, whereas Mia was raised in seclusion by a mother who was kind of very afraid of what could happen if - and by an assassin who probably didn't let much slide and wasn't all about the warm fuzzy - whereas Katrina Law is all about the warm fuzzy, Nyssa al Ghul is not at all. So, uh, it provides a very different perspective where Clary is very hopeful and sees, you know, it's not over, it's not the end, we're going to figure this out. Mia's a realist. She knows how difficult the world can be, and she knows the consequences, and she's - she's ready to fight her way through them, but she knows when she has to face the music."

Edited by tv echo