Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Trisha said:

People on Twitter yesterday seemed more focused on how terrible his wife comes off in the podcast (I haven't particularly liked her actions in the past but I did NOT get that by listening to what he said), but his frustrations with the crossover and his ambivalence about season 8 was the juiciest parts, IMO. 

I got curious enough to listen after reading some stuff on twitter just to see what in the hell went on and yeah, I didn't think she came off badly. 

I was surprised that he's been dealing with panic/anxiety for a while now. When he talked about telling the crew that he was dealing with some panic issues and that it was met with "tepid applause," I felt bad for laughing. 

He sounded really terrible in the first half and much better in the second. Admittedly I listened to this really late at night, so I might've missed some stuff but the way he talked about the whole thing made it sound like he wanted to deal with it on his own (tracking his sleep, listening to the Calm app, self-soothing through his panic attacks). On top of the panic/anxiety issues and post-show depression, it still doesn't sound like he's all that great since he admitted to still sleeping 12 hours a night and said that his therapy visits are more couples counseling than to help him deal with his depression/anxiety issues, although I guess being willing to talk to someone at all is a good thing. I hope he's willing to reach out and get some help if things don't get completely better or if these feelings come back.

It was really great that he felt comfortable enough to talk about his struggles - it's nice for people dealing with the same things to hear someone else talking about it openly. I will say though that outside of him talking about his anxiety and post-show struggles I thought he came off like kind of a douche, but maybe that was just the setting/tone because I thought MR came off like one too, lol. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I got curious enough to listen after reading some stuff on twitter just to see what in the hell went on and yeah, I didn't think she came off badly. 

Yeah, there have been many, many times where I haven't liked her social media posts or interactions she's reportedly had with fans at cons but -- this sounded fine? Like it's not a bad thing to demand your spouse see a doctor or tell them they're not at their best self. SA tends to tell stories in a sarcastic/flippant tone which probably didn't help, but the way people were going after her about his comments was really odd.

8 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I will say though that outside of him talking about his anxiety and post-show struggles I thought he came off like kind of a douche, but maybe that was just the setting/tone because I thought MR came off like one too, lol. 

He never really strikes me as a guy I'd want to grab a beer with, and MR is an insufferable host. I tried to listen to his Seth Green episode once and couldn't get through it because MR kept talking over him and telling his own stories. 

In any case, this article also has a lot more quotes from the podcast in case anyone doesn't have time to listen: http://dose.ca/2020/01/22/stephen-amell-arrow-crossover-podcast/

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Yeah, there have been many, many times where I haven't liked her social media posts or interactions she's reportedly had with fans at cons but -- this sounded fine? Like it's not a bad thing to demand your spouse see a doctor or tell them they're not at their best self. SA tends to tell stories in a sarcastic/flippant tone which probably didn't help, but the way people were going after her about his comments was really odd.

Obviously I don't know her but just based on things I've seen her tweet/heard her say I could see her being not the most compassionate person to deal with when you need help, but it also sounded like to me that he wanted to deal with it on his own and was reluctant to get help and I can see how that would be frustrating when your husband is telling you he can't get off the floor and then proceeds to lay on the couch for 2 days and withdraws from everything. It's hard to say either way since even though you could tell he wasn't okay, he was kind of flippant when he explained the whole thing even right before he had his panic attack.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

We been knew she would focus on the birds alone

I get a "mean girls" vibe from them. More so from the two and not CL.

3 minutes ago, olicityfan25 said:

Edited by olicityfan25
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, RS3 said:

Bingo. There's a bunch of likes calling for more William and one where FTA should be the focus of the show. She also liked a couple of pics from JH's account, none from KC. And then, there's this.

679735785_Capturedcran2020-01-2216_04_23.thumb.png.d07c8bebe94b2165fe0cee8926b070b3.png

It's a shame, it should not have two separate parts but they should form a single block, i like theses three actresses

• Love 1

I think thats going to be a hard sell. Especially KCs behaviour this season where she would in the most part avoid anything to do with Kat and FTA in her live tweeting. Yesterday she seemingly even ignored Kats character and her role in the spinoff. It also seems Kat seems extremely protective of the FTA team and cast. 

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I think thats going to be a hard sell. Especially KCs behaviour this season where she would in the most part avoid anything to do with Kat and FTA in her live tweeting. Yesterday she seemingly even ignored Kats character and her role in the spinoff. It also seems Kat seems extremely protective of the FTA team and cast. 

11 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Yep. KC has been acting like it’s called the Canaries and about the Canaries and ... maybe Mia sort of exists? As a minor-ish character? It’s just very odd. 

And KM is definitely focusing on FTA, but she’s at least been using the #GreenArrowandtheCanaries hashtag. I honestly don’t know if KC even knows that’s the title. 

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Yep. KC has been acting like it’s called the Canaries and about the Canaries and ... maybe Mia sort of exists? As a minor-ish character? It’s just very odd. 

And KM is definitely focusing on FTA, but she’s at least been using the #GreenArrowandtheCanaries hashtag. I honestly don’t know if KC even knows that’s the title. 

She definitely likes to focus on herself but I think she's good on the over premise and title.

Nothing new since it was part of the same press day even though they talked about the episode already airing and about some fun Arrow memories.

Edited by Primal Slayer

It's a shame, it should not have two separate parts but they should form a single block, i like theses three actresses

How are they taking pictures together looking chummy, and then the next they are shading each other on the DL lol. Why the wish wash...

Hope springs eternal...

-- KC: "I think there will also be a lot of characters that would come and make appearances. Probably maybe even Oliver Queen at some point."

Katie Cassidy and Juliana Harkavy Tease Arrow Spin-off Cameos
TV Guide News   Jan. 21, 2020

Edited by tv echo
  • LOL 3

This Talkhouse Podcast interview was recorded at L.A. Comic Con on Oct. 12, 2019 - I listened to the podcast and, honestly, I blanked out partway through...

Juliana Harkavy Talks with Ryan Hurst on the Talkhouse Podcast
January 23, 2020
https://www.talkhouse.com/juliana-harkavy-talks-with-ryan-hurst-on-the-talkhouse-podcast/

On the latest episode of the Talkhouse Podcast, we feature the second of our talks recorded live at last year’s L.A. Comic Con. Though the pairing of actors Juliana Harkavy (aka Black Canary on Arrow) and Ryan Hurst (best known as Opie on Sons of Anarchy) came together at the last minute, the two clicked instantly, helped by their joint love of dogs (Ryan has 12 and is a dog trainer!) and the fact that both of them have acted on The Walking Dead. As well as swapping stories about eating lunch with zombies, the two discuss the bliss of sky-diving (which Ryan has done about 1000 times), their (sometimes embarrassing) early acting experiences, Ryan shares a hilarious Marlon Brando story, and Juliana teases a possible sideways career move into music. For more filmmakers on film, go to talkhouse.com/film. Subscribe now to stay in the loop on future episodes of the Talkhouse Podcast.

Edited by tv echo

Great interview (a lot of personal stuff, so I only transcribed a few Arrow bits) - KM is always cheerful in her interviews and she's very articulate (KM: "I'm stubbornly optimistic.")...

Inside of You with Michael Rosenbaum
Episode #97 - Katherine McNamara

January 28, 2020
https://insideofyoupodcast.com/episodes/katherine-mcnamara-2

-- When asked about who she always gets excited to work with, KM picked SA because she got to work with him a lot this season. She said that he's "such an impeccable actor." She also said that he has one of the best trailers because he has an Airstream.

-- When asked about the grueling schedule for shooting Crisis On Infinite Earths, KM was very upbeat and enthused about getting to go to work every day and wear a "supersuit" and run around.

-- KM said that she cannot say much about her potential Arrow spinoff because she's "sworn to secrecy." She also said that she's already negotiated for it and already knows what she would be paid.

-- KM: "The series finale of Arrow is really special. And it gives us much closure as anyone can be expect from eight years of a series... Get yourself a box of tissues."

-- KM: “I didn’t know I was playing – I didn’t know I was auditioning for the Olicity baby. I didn’t know my character was going to be Oliver and Felicity’s child. I had no idea. I was auditioning for a rookie cop that was just kinda adjacent to the story. And then I get a call from the showrunner saying, ‘Hey, we’re so happy to have you on the show. Congratulations. By the way, you’re Oliver and Felicity’s kid. Congratulations Okay. Great.’ I’m going, ‘I’m sorry, what? What did I just sign up for?’ This is insane. ‘Cause I knew – I’d seen, obviously, you know, the internet explodes with Olicity content. And Stephen and Emily have built up these characters so much and given them such backstory and depth and nuance that it’s a lot of responsibility to take on. And I knew I had my work cut out for me, which is why I watched six seasons, at the time, of the show. ‘Cause I wanted to pull as many… traits and nuances and – (Gets cut off by MR giving her a compliment).”

wp-1.png

wp-2.png

Btw, I was curious about the cap worn by MR in the above pic that says "left on laurel," so I Googled it. Apparently, it has nothing to do with Arrow. According to this Oct. 4, 2019 NerdsandBeyond article, Left on Laurel is the name of the band that's comprised of Michael Rosenbaum and four other guys, who describe their music as having “Beach rock/Americana/California vibes.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Transcribed from video clip in below tweet...

Interviewer: "I have to say, great casting. Because if Emily and Stephen were to have a kid, you would be it. I mean, the casting was brilliant.
KM: "It's very eerie. And yes, you're exactly right. Because, you know, once twitter got a hold of it and once they started to figure it out, there were all these fan edits that come out of me edited between Stephen and Emily. Or pictures of photoshoots that Emily and I had done that are somewhat similar. Emily and I used to talk about it all the time, how eerie it is, how much we look alike, and how much I look like, you know, a combination of the two of them... You know, I take it as a compliment, because they're both extremely attractive individuals."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

For some reason, MG chose to respond yesterday to certain fans who claimed that Arrow ratings dropped 2M viewers in S4 because Laurel was killed off - there are more tweets than what I've posted...

Edited by tv echo

A Farewell to Arrow: Stephen Amell & Emily Bett Rickards
Saturday, February 29
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Main Stage - S406

The show may be over, but Olicity is forever. The OTP of Star City take the Windy City by storm as Stephen Amell (Oliver Queen) and Emily Bett Rickards (Felicity Smoak) will be here at C2E2 to answer your burning questions! Fresh off the series finale of Arrow, don’t miss your chance to see them in person at this can’t-miss panel.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

For some reason, MG chose to respond yesterday to certain fans who claimed that Arrow ratings dropped 2M viewers in S4 because Laurel was killed off - there are more tweets than what I've posted...

One or two of these fans got really nasty and started calling him a paedophile among other things so I guess he snapped. I wouldn't argue ratings or character popularity with someone who has actual access to more data about that than I do, especially how much the network and WB are earning from the show and exactly which characters and scenes are most watched on the App and Netflix etc. Besides I thought the ratings cratered just before LL was killed off, after the BMD stuff? Regardless there was a lot of controversial stuff happening with S4.

KM's doing a lot of #legacy, #GA and #Olicitybaby stuff but seems very vague on the spin off whilst certain posts from JH and BS make it seem like it's moving forward.

4 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

Besides I thought the ratings cratered just before LL was killed off, after the BMD stuff? Regardless there was a lot of controversial stuff happening with S4.

The big drop was between the hiatus between 415 and 416 right after Olicity broke up. S3 had a similar drop between its month-long hiatus between 315 and 316, so it likely wasn't all about Olicity or the show plot in general, but not as big as s4. It then dropped again after 419 the episode after Laurel died, but not even close to the drop between 415 and 416.

8 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

KM's doing a lot of #legacy, #GA and #Olicitybaby stuff but seems very vague on the spin off whilst certain posts from JH and BS make it seem like it's moving forward.

BL getting in on it too. A highlight to the spinoff would be more of his tweets.

• Love 4