Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Episode Five

Please tell me that's not the official description of the episode.  If it is that is so damn stupid.

Heh. Well, that's what TheTVDB.com has for a description. This is the slightly better one from TVGuide.com;

The crew are hired by their handler to salvage a seemingly deserted space freighter, a reclaim op that appears to be straightforward until a deadly cargo is uncovered and they are forced to fight for their lives.

Bright side: they could replace torture / waterboarding with forcing prisoners to watch Dark Matter episodes, and extended Android montages. Probably cost less to the Defense Department Budget because it's made in Canada.

Zombiiiiiiiies. Iiiiiiiiiiin. Sppppaaaaaaaaaaace.

• Love 1

I think I liked this episode better when it was the Firefly episode "Bushwhacked." They did go in a different direction with it, but it was a less interesting direction.

I'm suspecting that ruling out the clone for One, based on the idea that a clone wouldn't last that long, was deliberate misdirection to rule out the obvious possibility that it's going to turn out to be, based on Two's miracle cures. They're all (or at least some of them) going to turn out to be some kind of super clones.

Two making moves on Three kind of came out of nowhere.

• Love 4
(edited)

Two and Three banged.  So that happened.

Five finds something that, according to Android, looks like a sub-atomic matrix card that is used to access pockets of extra-dimensional space -- so is it possible the crew of the Raza is from another dimension, and they all have doppelgangers in this universe.

So, Two has some sort of super-healing ability to ward off the virus and heal her wounds.  And apparently gave her an extra dose of space horniness, but Three is kind of turned off because of the whole "she's infected with space zombie virus".

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 2
(edited)

Five finds something that, according to Android, looks like a sub-atomic matrix card that is used to access pockets of extra-dimensional space -- so is it possible the crew of the Raza is from another dimension, and they all have doppelgangers in this universe.

So, Two has some sort of super-healing ability to ward off the virus and heal her wounds. And apparently gave her an extra does of space horniness, but Three is kind of turned off because of the whole "she's infected with space zombie virus".

As soon as I heard the word "pockets," I thought of Fringe's "pocket universes," which would mean they are alt-versions of themselves rather than super clones. There was also an SG1 episode that had about a dozen versions of the team from other dimensions. It could explain why this version of One is not a mercenary at heart. And it could mean that in the 'verse they are from, everyone is innoculated against the zombie virus. Maybe the "original" versions of Two, Three, Four, and Six were wiped out by the virus, and only Two remains. I'm not sure about Five.

I think Three is justified in keeping a little distance from Two for awhile, even if that's not what we're supposed to think.

I was okay with the episode except for 1) the silliness of a zombie virus that made victims into cannibals, and 2) not enough Roger Cross or David Hewlett.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 3

Sheesh, it's only episode five and they already break out the space zombies?  A bit desperate there, show.  I guess the ending where we find out Two was suddenly virus free and can apparently heal better then a normal human being is interesting (and seems unique, since Six needed to see a doctor last week), but the zombies were just too silly for me.

So, Two and Three are getting it on?  Kind of random, but if it pisses off One, I'm not going to be too annoyed.  Although, I would have rather it been Six, because it's been pointed out before that Melissa O'Neil sort of looks like Lexa Doig, and I would have found it amusing if Roger Cross kept getting similar looking love interests in his sci-fi shows.

Really couldn't figure out half of the stuff that was going on with Five and Android, but I'm guessing all of that will be more important later.

Four would be awesome on The Walking Dead.  Of course he'd be the guy that's like "I volunteer to kill you when you turn!  Maybe even before!  As soon as you get bit, it's time to die!" about possible infections.

Three's little game with One is already falling apart, since One is already going against and just daring Three to tattle on him.  But I'm sure it will come out some day and cause much, much drama.

• Love 2

I thought Three turned down two because he knows One has feelings for her not because of the virus. One and Three have been paired the last two episodes. I know there is speculation that Two and Five may be sisters, what if One and Three are brothers? Their relationship is very big brother, little brother.

• Love 1

I thought Three turned down two because he knows One has feelings for her not because of the virus. One and Three have been paired the last two episodes. I know there is speculation that Two and Five may be sisters, what if One and Three are brothers? Their relationship is very big brother, little brother.

God no, that'd be too stupid.  Hell, Two and Five being sisters is already too stupid for words.

...Although, considering how well this show is thought out, that wouldn't exactly make it outside the realm of possibility.

• Love 3

...Two was suddenly virus free and can apparently heal better then a normal human being is interesting (and seems unique, since Six needed to see a doctor last week)...

Oh. Right. I forgot about that, which nullifies my theory that they're both from an alt-dimension with zombie immunity (and genetically modified healing properties). Unless maybe the writers forgot about that too.

The Good: The whole crew finally knows about the mysterious door - about time. David Hewlett. Two having Wolverine-like healing powers. Whatever is going on with those pockets of extra-dimensional space. More of One and Three bickering. The promo for next week.

The Bad: Space zombies - nuff said. Two all of a sudden having a thing for Three - that came out of nowhere. One suddenly being in charge - it was the right decision to destroy the ship but who made him boss at the end of the episode? And what happened to 'coming clean' to the others? When he said that there was something they needed to talk about I thought he'd spill the beans on Evil Eyeliner One.

Zombies were tired in Firefly too. 

Three enjoyed implying to One that he and Two were banging too much. And he seemed a little surprised when she made an approach. And he really hits the "pretty boy" stuff when talking to One. Maybe Three's supposed to be an anti-sissy gay character?

• Love 1
(edited)

A fairly slow episode which is a shame because Zombies. But then zombies bore me. I did like Five and the Android. Hell The Andoid is probably my favorite part of the show.

So everyone has super immunity or at least Two does.....handy.

Edited by Chaos Theory
Two all of a sudden having a thing for Three - that came out of nowhere. One suddenly being in charge - it was the right decision to destroy the ship but who made him boss at the end of the episode? And what happened to 'coming clean' to the others? When he said that there was something they needed to talk about I thought he'd spill the beans on Evil Eyeliner One.

Is it possible they are showing the episodes out of order ?  Wouldn't be the first time -- like say Firefly or Almost Human.  Both of those suffered badly from being shown out of order in the original broadcast. Mind you they were both on Fox, so maybe that's the reason.

I think I liked this episode better when it was the Firefly episode "Bushwhacked." They did go in a different direction with it, but it was a less interesting direction.

I'm suspecting that ruling out the clone for One, based on the idea that a clone wouldn't last that long, was deliberate misdirection to rule out the obvious possibility that it's going to turn out to be, based on Two's miracle cures. They're all (or at least some of them) going to turn out to be some kind of super clones.

Two making moves on Three kind of came out of nowhere.

I agree - I think they're all super clones except annoying teen.

Re. the episode as a whole - I wasn't thinking zombies myself at first. As soon as I saw the name of the ship they went after, and the guy with his eyes torn out, I thought to myself "Hey, it's Event Horizon! We're event horizoning here!" (TM my favourite movie podcast, We Hate Movies)

But then boring supervirus, yawnworthy space zombies (not that the resolution of Event Horizon was any better). Was there a zombie who was hopping along on one leg? Because otherwise that femur came outta nowhere.

Also, the "spaceship" Far Horizon was even worse than usual - all that painted over ductwork gave me hives and an instant sinus headache.

Two/Three hookup - ugh. Really? Him? I mean, One can be whiny and annoying, but at least he's hot. Just tell him not to talk.

(edited)

I don't really care who Two fucks.  Although Three, seriously?  At least Four is decent looking.  But what I do care about is One whining about it.  Shut the fuck up One.  (Also, shut the fuck up, Three.)  

God, Zombies IN SPACE is so stupid.  And the makeup on the "zombies" was terrible, as well.  

And talking about stupid, why didn't Two draw her sidearm and shoot the zombie straight away, or during any of the half dozen times she bought herself enough room.  Even if it was still human, a dude who is bigger and stronger is attacking you and you have a gun.  Put him down and get back to work.  (The answer?  Because otherwise she wouldn't have gotten bitten.  Don't you love it when the showrunners need characters to do something incredibly stupid just for the sake of moving the plot ahead?)

The dialogue is awkward as hell.  It's both stilted, so the human characters sound weird speaking lines, and not nearly clinical and efficient enough for an Android.

Edited by Mars477
  • Love 2

And talking about stupid, why didn't Two draw her sidearm and shoot the zombie straight away, or during any of the half dozen times she bought herself enough room.  Even if it was still human, a dude who is bigger and stronger is attacking you and you have a gun.  Put him down and get back to work.  (The answer?  Because otherwise she wouldn't have gotten bitten.  Don't you love it when the showrunners need characters to do something incredibly stupid just for the sake of moving the plot ahead?

The dialogue is awkward as hell.  It's both stilted, so the human characters sound weird speaking lines, and not nearly clinical and efficient enough for an Android.

I composed a little song during that scene - it only has one lyric, with some variations: "Shoot him, in the head. Shoot, him. Shoot him now." But she dropped her gun, I hear people saying. Ugh. Is that like the variant on "lady running - lady falls down"? 

And the Android is starting to get on my every nerve. There's a passcode on THE DOOR. How about putting the robot on cracking it? No, you say? We only put the robot on things which we'll never ever do again? Otherwise our plots don't work? Ok, then.

And you're right, none of the dialogue works. 

Also, I like Two when she's being "I'm the bitch in charge - deal with it, or fuck off." I don't like her when she's all needy and wanting to jump on Three's boner. I mean, she can fuck who she likes, but (a) the audience should get to watch at least the first part (dear showrunners: It's a tv show) and (b) stop making up character traits whenever you feel like. I mean, when did we ever get the impression that Three was such a gentleman as to not broadcast it from the ship's comms that he and Two had sex? Or to let her down so gently? 

I'm starting to think that Three is the real hero here, and that the showrunners were pissed off that we didn't get it (not that they made him initially too annoying to take seriously).

• Love 1

I composed a little song during that scene - it only has one lyric, with some variations: "Shoot him, in the head. Shoot, him. Shoot him now." But she dropped her gun, I hear people saying. Ugh. Is that like the variant on "lady running - lady falls down"? 

And the Android is starting to get on my every nerve. There's a passcode on THE DOOR. How about putting the robot on cracking it? No, you say? We only put the robot on things which we'll never ever do again? Otherwise our plots don't work? Ok, then.

Fuck, if the disease was blood transmitted having Two go all CQC pistol on zombie dude and blow his brains out so she gets splattered with blood and gore would have gotten her "possibly" infected.  And then Two cuts herself on a sharp bit of metal and that exposes or healing factor.  Or hell, somebody else shoots the zombie, the round overpenetrates and hits Two.  That fight scene was pretty damn stupid.

And yeah, guys, you have a computer advanced enough it can pretend to be human.  I'm sure it has the computational power to brute force a door code.

• Love 1

Three was instantly quite popular and One, not. The first was intentional and shared by the writers, I think. The distaste for One's tenor ("whining") is hard to disentangle from distaste for his repeated arguments for doing the right thing. I expect their plans require at least one voice for the goody two shows, so I doubt they'll be able to fix One. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I got to be the only one who likes One and really annoyed with Five. I want to know who One is and why he wanted on the ship. Maybe because I don't get a instant 'seen it' vibe while Five's 'special snowflake kid' has been done so many times.

I know if I really think about it I will find someone to compare One to.

Edited by xfuse
  • Love 1
(edited)

Seriously? A Mark Sheppard look-alike for a mission giver? Wasn't Three's whole personality a big enough love letter to Firefly?

Otherwise, boring as fuck. Worst episode so far. And it's way too obvious Two and Three were sparring or something and certainly not having sex. It would have been more interesting if they were though. (Or did I miss it and they were shown having sex? Because I was bored out of my mind).

One continues to bore me the most. Yawn.

Two/Four short discussion about honorable death was the best part of the ep.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 1

I don't think the actor playing One is right for the role.  They needed someone who's pretty but can pull of sinister, and I just don't get sinister from him.

Anyway, this song is now going through my head...

They're the Great Space Zombies, get on board!

They're the Great Space Zombies, we'll explore!

I think Two and Three could work if things are developed properly but the whole "banging someone I don't exactly like. because. horny" is more of a writers' room fantasy than solid dramatic plotting. I do find it funny that not only does One think he is the group's conscience but he has also cast himself as the romantic lead. I hope the writers are aware enough to play with this rather than just push the cliché.

No wonder that derelict ship had problems. Who builds a starship with an outer hull of a single layer of steel plate?

• Love 1

Well, at least the space zombies didn't rape them to death, eat them, and skin them - and hopefully in that order. Too bad, that would have been more interesting. It's like they were torn between a Firefly rip off and a Walking Dead rip off, and someone said,"Why not both?"

Three is no Jane, but he is growing on me for some reason I don't really understand. I thought Two hitting on him was supposed to be some reaction to the disease she suddenly no longer had... which makes no sense, but there you go. I want this show to work, but it's not looking good.

• Love 1

I thought the Two hitting on Three was odd as well and a sign that they really don't know what to do with the characters.

On the other hand despite the predictability of a zombie episode i thought this one was slightly better than the previous ones. Rodney was an interesting edition and the discovery of the Door to Narnia by the rest of the crew was good. I'm not sure how many other shows they can borrow from without developing the show developing its own character though.

Well, to be a tiny bit fair, Two didn't so much drop her gun as have it smacked out of her hand as soon as she turned around. And then the zombie was moving so quickly she didn't have time & space to grab it.

I suspect Android knows more about Two than she's letting on.

I want this show to be less boring.  It's very frustrating. I like 4 out of 7 of the characters, but the plots are slow-moving (this one particularly so) and the dialogue lacks zip and zing.  Also, as mentioned above, the use of the Android feels inconsistent and plot-driven.

I'm probably going to tire of everyone having a new secret each week.

• Love 1
I got to be the only one who likes One and really annoyed with Five. I want to know who One is and why he wanted on the ship.

I like One, too. We can have a very tiny, exclusive club. But I'm a sucker for good guys, and I'm intrigued by someone whose instinct seems to be to be good but who was impersonating a really bad guy.

One suddenly being in charge - it was the right decision to destroy the ship but who made him boss at the end of the episode?

I think that's what the "while you're still you" bit in the scene right before was all about. It looked like he was going to come clean about his identity (or lack of identity, since I suppose he wouldn't be so much telling who he is as telling who he's definitely not) when they cut away so quickly from it, but then they went straight to him giving the order to blow up the wreckage, and then later it was obvious he hadn't told her about who he wasn't. So I guess what happened was that he suggested blowing up the other ship and let her be the one to make that call while she was still sane, and then he went to carry out her order. I'm not sure why they cut it that way. It wasn't like there was any increased drama in not letting us see what he wanted to discuss with her. I guess maybe they thought it was more exciting to watch the ship be blown up than to talk about whether to blow it up, and there was no point in both talking about it and doing it, and Three was more likely to have a different opinion to argue about with One while Two would probably have just said, "Oh, good idea, go do it," which isn't an exciting scene.

(edited)

Two and Three banged.  So that happened.

Did they, though? All we know is Three had his shirt off, which we learned later he does as soon as he gets into his room. Although, if they did, that makes his later rejection of One even worse for her. "Thanks for the offer of free, unattached sex, but based on your previous performance, I'd rather just sleep."

Ouch.

Edited by Jack Kerouac

Did they, though? All we know is Three had his shirt off, which we learned later he does as soon as he gets into his room. Although, if they did, that makes his later rejection of One even worse for her. "Thanks for the offer of free, unattached sex, but based on your previous performance, I'd rather just sleep."

Ouch.

I think that they didn't.  If anything, this episode was meant to make us like Three more.  I think that One came in and thought they had had sex and Three played along with it in his usual way but then decided that he liked One and this is supposed to make us think he was standing aside for him.  I still think it is odd that Two came on to him though.  It seemed out of character for her even after her near death experience.

• Love 1

I didn't think Two and Three having sex (or alluding to it) was out of the blue or weird. I thought it made perfect sense. Three is the sexual attraction but One is the romantic attraction. Classic triangle.

I didn't think Two and Three having sex (or alluding to it) was out of the blue or weird. I thought it made perfect sense. Three is the sexual attraction but One is the romantic attraction. Classic triangle.

It's just a shame that we haven't seen any of it up until now.

It's excusable in real life (hey, maybe the two are flirting when no outside observer is there) but absolutely shitty as a part of telling a story. If there'd been a bit of mutual admiration going on that'd be one thing, but literally the entirety of the interactions between Two and Three that we've seen are Three being a dick and Two brushing him off for being a dick.

• Love 2

I thought that maybe that first sceen had been a misdirection and they had just been working out together (although we know that One has some weird ideas about -that- too). But the last scene seemed to put that theory to rest. And I've read Three's reluctance to accept Two's offer to 'relax' not as a comment on her prior performance but rather as him freaking out at the idea of exchanging bodily fluids with lady who only a couple of hours ago had been infected by a zombie virus. Can't say I blame him.

If there'd been a bit of mutual admiration going on that'd be one thing, but literally the entirety of the interactions between Two and Three that we've seen are Three being a dick and Two brushing him off for being a dick.

Yes, and the antagonizing wasn't even bad enough that we could buy it as hate-sex. The two never went head-to-head - there was normally just a bit of annoyed eye-rolling and that was that. This truly came out of nowhere and almost any other pairing (incl. Two and the Android) would have made more sense.

Yeah, I don't believe it is as it looks, either. She pulls back from One because she knows it would mess up the team dynmics but Three's the big exception? Nah.

Plotwise, that would be one of the most lame choices I've seen in a long time on TV. I mean, if they do the triangle thing, don't you think they would've given more clues and fleshed it out a little better? Now it just seems too random.

And then we have Two coming to Three at the end. That was just meant to mislead the viewers even more. Why Three refused, is another story, maybe he doesn't want to mess with One/Two and he wants to be as lone wolf as possible or he doesn't trust her to be free of any infection. Both would be pretty smart. Maybe I'm too uptight about the whole zombie-virus-thing but personally, I would've insisted on her staying in the isolated area a little longer. Just to be safe. I'm such a bore, I know.

Three was instantly quite popular and One, not. The first was intentional and shared by the writers, I think.

Oh, really? I thought everyone hated Three. But I'm not really savy round the 'nets. So.

• Love 1

Hell, Two and Five being sisters is already too stupid for words.

I don't like the idea either, but I watched an interview from Comic-Con in which Melissa O'Neil made a comment that there will be more clues about the past relationship between Two and Five (and why Two is so protective of Five), so the probability that we'll be disappointed seems high.

Maybe I'm too uptight about the whole zombie-virus-thing but personally, I would've insisted on her staying in the isolated area a little longer. Just to be safe. I'm such a bore, I know.

I didn't understand why she couldn't just stay in the isolation room overnight. The very next scene showed Three and Two preparing to retire for the day, so it wasn't like there were pressing ship matters to attend to. Android could have stood watch over her. It was a false dilemma.

• Love 1
I want this show to be less boring.  It's very frustrating. I like 4 out of 7 of the characters, but the plots are slow-moving (this one particularly so) and the dialogue lacks zip and zing.  Also, as mentioned above, the use of the Android feels inconsistent and plot-driven.

The plots are torn out of the Sci-Fi Trope book. I joked - joked!- with my son last week that the next episode will be about a mysterious illness, and one of them will be able to heal because of something unique about them that no one understands, AND I HAD NO IDEA THAT WAS WHAT THE EPISODE WOULD ACTUALLY BE.

Now we just need a time jump episode, an evil doppleganger episode and dream episode and we will be well on our way.

The actors are all fine. The show's writing is pretty bad.

If I were 1-6, I would spend all my time quizzing the andrid about everything I could think of.

• Love 2
(edited)

The plots are torn out of the Sci-Fi Trope book. I joked - joked!- with my son last week that the next episode will be about a mysterious illness, and one of them will be able to heal because of something unique about them that no one understands, AND I HAD NO IDEA THAT WAS WHAT THE EPISODE WOULD ACTUALLY BE.

Now we just need a time jump episode, an evil doppleganger episode and dream episode and we will be well on our way.

Didn't we already have an Evil Doppleganger episode? The show runners also though that time spent for B and C plots would be best spent gambling at the galaxy's stupidest casino and sitting in a clinic waiting room, for some reason.

And by the way, the dream episode is next week.

Edited by Mars477

I think Two and Three could work if things are developed properly but the whole "banging someone I don't exactly like. because. horny" is more of a writers' room fantasy than solid dramatic plotting. 

I like it.  Women are often portrayed as needing some sort of emotional connection with their sex partners whereas a guy could care less.  It's nice to see a female character just wanting to get her rocks off with someone she's attracted to without wanting to be in a relationship.

Speaking of Two, I've got a new theory regarding her.  She's a genetically advanced super soldier.  Think about it.  Rapid healing, able to take out several male adults in less than a minute, and ability to process information faster than most people (card counting).  Also, the android seems to think she's something special.

Also, Two wait a bit before trying to mack on someone when you just got over a zombie virus.

• Love 2

The actors are all fine. The show's writing is pretty bad.

They are the only reason I continue to watch. I hold out some hope that the season long arc will have a satisfying payoff, but the plots of the week have been uniformly derivative and forgettable.

\

(edited)

It's nice to see a female character just wanting to get her rocks off with someone she's attracted to without wanting to be in a relationship.

When was she shown to be attracted to Three before this episode? It was completely out of the blue to me. Heck, even in this episode, she didn't seem attracted to him (except for the final scene, where she had to be to make the scene work).

OTOH, I like the genetically-enhanced super-soldier idea.

Edited by DEM

One and Three really are at there best when they are together, bickering with each other. I actually thought Three had some valid points when he said One thought he was better than everyone else on the ship. He does give off that vibe sometimes, even if its unintentional. 

This was probably the weakest episode, but I was still pretty entertained. The actors all do a good job, even if the dialogue does not always work. That being said, I have heard MUCH worse from my space operas, so I cant complain too much. 

I tend to zone out (or start checking my phone) when One and Three are on, particularly when they're on alone or together.  I think I'd actually like the show if it was a five person cast, rather than a seven person cast.  

(edited)

When was she shown to be attracted to Three before this episode? It was completely out of the blue to me. Heck, even in this episode, she didn't seem attracted to him (except for the final scene, where she had to be to make the scene work).

Exactly. So far all she has shown him is disgust and only in nerd fantasy do women secretly desire the person that disgusts them. Pisses them off, maybe. It was all out of nowhere and seemed to be there only so Three could turn her down.

Now, if they made Three turn her down because he was gay, but he uses it to make One feel like he did something altruistic, THAT would be interesting. As it stands now, One could throw herself at Four or Six or even Five, considering she has shown equally little attraction to all of them.

Edited by Jack Kerouac
  • Love 2
(edited)

I like it. Women are often portrayed as needing some sort of emotional connection with their sex partners whereas a guy could care less. It's nice to see a female character just wanting to get her rocks off with someone she's attracted to without wanting to be in a relationship.

Speaking of Two, I've got a new theory regarding her. She's a genetically advanced super soldier.

I agree, a woman shown wanting no strings attached sex and not being condemned for it would be cool. This isn't that, though. At absolutely no time has she actually shown that she was attracted to Three. And yeah, their reactions, while hostile, are nowhere near acrimonious enough for hatefucking to be an option. What we're shown is that you can be a low grade dick to a hot woman and her friends, but it's ok because she'll jump you anyways even though she's never shown any sign that she thinks you're good looking. That's male fantasy.

Regarding the genetically engineered super soldier theory, it would be trivially easy for the group to determine the veracity of this theory using the ship's Med ward, just by monitoring her biological responses to foreign pathogens or slapping sensors on her and having beat up on a training dummy or One. One of my favorite comic book characters is a genetically modified super soldier, and her increased speed/strength etc all can be easily monitored using much less advanced technology. Fuck, measuring the force imparted by a punch can be monitored using current technology.

I'll talk about One in his own thread.

Edited by Mars477
  • Love 1
(edited)

Granted this is tv so the audience kind of expects a build up to characters sleeping together.  However, in real life I don't go announcing my physical attraction to every single woman I find hot.  It's very possible that Two simply thought "I wouldn't mind hitting that" and didn't act on her attraction until the crew had some down time.  Two seems to be the straight forward type.  No flirting, no inane small talk.

Regarding the genetically engineered super soldier theory, it would be trivially easy for the group to determine the veracity of this theory using the ship's Med ward, just by monitoring her biological responses to foreign pathogens or slapping sensors on her and having beat up on a training dummy or One. One of my favorite comic book characters is a genetically modified super soldier, and her increased speed/strength etc all can be easily monitored using much less advanced technology. Fuck, measuring the force imparted by a punch can be monitored using current technology

I'm sure her physical stats can be easily monitored.  It's just up until now the crew has no reason to suspect she's anything other than a baseline human.  Heck even now, they seem to take her beating the virus as a fluke (or some probably believe she's still infected).

Edited by maczero
  • Love 1

As of now, Four is some sort of runaway prince, who probably wanted to keep his identity secret from the cutthroat crew. 

And One is not necessarily a criminal at all, in which case he would really want to keep his true identity secret from his fellow villains. 

No one else has had a motive revealed for blanking the memories of the others. There's the murder of the boy, but that perpetrator is as yet unknown. 

I don't find no-strings sex to be an interesting plot/character development, no matter who does it, but in these particular circumstances it seems like a really, really bad idea. For one thing, how does Two know that she's the kind of person who can have no-strings sex without feelings getting involved? She hasn't had sex since the memory wipe. How does she know that Three is the kind of person who can have no-strings sex without feelings getting involved? As far as she knows (unless they've been doing it all along), he hasn't had sex since the memory wipe. He talked a big show about hookers, but how would she know that it's not just hot air? What if he mostly pays the hookers to hold him and cuddle him? There are six people on the ship and at the moment they're utterly dependent on each other, and they don't know who they are. Starting any kind of relationship would be really stupid because they literally wouldn't know who they're getting in bed with and what the fallout would be, and it could really mess with crew dynamics. Giving One the brush-off the way she did when he kissed her was smart (you just know he's not the kind of person who has sex without feelings). Her trying to get with Three just looks like the show was attempting to be edgy or was clumsily setting up the revelation of her super healing. It didn't seem like it came organically from the characters or their previous interactions.

• Love 2
(edited)

Totally haven't watched this episode so I don't know why Two was trying to hook up with anyone.  However if she just wanted to hook up she prolly should have tried Four. I could totally see him doing a "Oh, what the heck..." all Deadshot Assault on Arkham style. Besides Four is pretty. 

Edited by miracole
  • Love 3