Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!😱😰😨😒🤮

• LOL 7
  • Love 14

If this is true, I am not surprised at all, and completely saw this coming with GT. She did this to herself. Oop.

Can’t stand Stafford; please just keep Phyllis away from Jack at all costs. He must be protected.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
41 minutes ago, taavir40 said:

That is just terrible news, the worst, absolute worst.  That voice, those hands, that oily ego......awful.  

Let me say that twice - awful awful.

Get used to having every line screeched at us twice.....now I do hope she and ButtBiscuit reunite - it'd serve him right.

She and Roger Howarth are two of the main reasons I stopped trying to watch GH - that and the absolute shit writing - and now like  a bad rash, she returns....

Edited by boes
  • Love 13
43 minutes ago, boes said:

That is just terrible news, the worst, absolute worst.  That voice, those hands, that oily ego......awful.  

Let me say that twice - awful awful.

Get used to having every line screeched at us twice.....now I do hope she and ButtBiscuit reunite - it'd serve him right.

She and Roger Howarth are two of the main reasons I stopped trying to watch GH - that and the absolute shit writing - and now like  a bad rash, she returns....

I'm still rocking in a corner. Why? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? I swear the Universe hates me. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, Artsda said:

MS trashed Y&R behind the scenes saying how GH was better people and now she's running back?

Yes, I thought she had burned a lot of bridges when she left Y&R. Talking about how toxic it was to work there with all the drama going on behind the scenes . How great it was to work at GH because everyone just came in and did their jobs. I wonder how the cast feels about her coming back. I'm guessing she's not going to get a real warm welcome.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, Desperately Random said:

Yes, I thought she had burned a lot of bridges when she left Y&R. Talking about how toxic it was to work there with all the drama going on behind the scenes . How great it was to work at GH because everyone just came in and did their jobs. I wonder how the cast feels about her coming back. I'm guessing she's not going to get a real warm welcome.

Half the cast hasen't even worked with her. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

WHY WHY WHY?!?

I swear the Universe hates me. 

Oh yeah I forgot about that! I haven't even looked at GH since she went there. And now because I started watching Y&R again, this? Nope no way. I am not putting myself through her scene chewing, repeatin' and arm swinging. Just no.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Broken Ox said:

Did anyone ask for a Stitch return?

He can't be any worse than Buttbiscuit, Cane Cullen or Banana Breath are, but honestly? I forgot he even existed until reading a comment in the main thread. 

I dunno how to feel about Michelle Stafford returning, TBH. At this point it's six in one hand/half-dozen in the other with GT's acting but MS was a notirious pain in the ass to direct even before Jill Fire'em Phelps and her notirious hate-on of actresses over forty. They could write the character out the show entirely and nothing of value would be lost.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, boes said:

now I do hope she and ButtBiscuit reunite - it'd serve him right.

Oh, I bet we're gonna get another Phick reunion, aren't we?

Or even worse, Nick and Billy making a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich as Michelle Stafford establishes herself as the sexiest sexay to ever sexay. GOD NO.

Even Brooke Logan only puts on the lingerie once a year these days.

3 minutes ago, taavir40 said:

atleast were most likely getting billy miller back in june

Can you even imagine that if it did happen? This was the same Billy actor who hated Phyllis almost as much as he did Cane, especially when she got Lucy taken from him and Victoria and did stupid shit at that Useless Pile of a magazine they ran with Nick and Sharon.

God, I'm already laughing just thinking about them having to pretend to have a romantic past with BM's grinning and MS's chewing the set like beef jerky.👍😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 13

This is a case of be careful what you wish for.  GT has made Phyllis entirely unlikeable, with resting bitch personality.  But I cannot stomach the giggly mess that MTS was as Phyllis, especially with Nick.  

I am stunned they want to bring her back.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
48 minutes ago, bannana said:

This is a case of be careful what you wish for.  GT has made Phyllis entirely unlikeable, with resting bitch personality.  But I cannot stomach the giggly mess that MTS was as Phyllis, especially with Nick.  

I am stunned they want to bring her back.

Wow, JG really wants to bring the band back together now, doesn't he? If BM also returns in the role of Billy, I'll be completely sold on Y&R! The recent cast choices were poor and the fact that the veterans were pushed out by Mal & Co was really harsh for the die-hard fans. So the return of familiar faces in the roles they played for so long is always welcome, imho.

All in all I never cared too much for Phyllis but I just can't stand GT playing her. She turned her into a complete and unlikeable bitch. Therefore, I think that anyone is better than her at this point. Even MS.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Aaron Newton said:

Wow, JG really wants to bring the band back together now, doesn't he? If BM also returns in the role of Billy, I'll be completely sold on Y&R! The recent cast choices were poor and the fact that the veterans were pushed out by Mal & Co was really harsh for the die-hard fans. So the return of familiar faces in the roles they played for so long is always welcome, imho.

All in all I never cared too much for Phyllis but I just can't stand GT playing her. She turned her into a complete and unlikeable bitch. Therefore, I think that anyone is better than her at this point. Even MS.

It Josh does this I can tolerate Mark as Adam 😁

4 hours ago, taavir40 said:

atleast were most likely getting billy miller back in june

Seriously?!!! I loved him. I would be so happy if that happened. If they bring MS and BM back maybe it will never be mentioned about them being together and we can all just forget about it. Ooh, ooh, maybe it was all a coma dream.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Jaded said:

Someone uploaded the jazz hands MS Phyllis miscarriage onto Twitter but I can't find it on there and forgot to like it. It must have been an omen.

Well there's this...

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Aaron Newton said:

All in all I never cared too much for Phyllis but I just can't stand GT playing her. She turned her into a complete and unlikeable bitch. 

Oh, I think MS did that long before GT came along. Not really looking forward to a Phick or Phack reunion (although Peter Bergman made her almost tolerable), so I guess my fast-forward button will be getting a workout once she shows up. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, taavir40 said:

It Josh does this I can tolerate Mark as Adam 😁

I'm welcoming Mark with open arms to play Adam. I'm just saying that he'll have to give his all to this performance. I was watching some scenes between Adam and Chelsea from 2013-ish and boy, this young fella's got his work cut out for him!

55 minutes ago, lurkerbee said:

Oh, I think MS did that long before GT came along. Not really looking forward to a Phick or Phack reunion (although Peter Bergman made her almost tolerable), so I guess my fast-forward button will be getting a workout once she shows up. 

I get what you're saying but I don't know... MS made Phyllis her own, imo, you loved to hate her. GT plays her all right but nothing about her clicks with the type of person Phyllis is, it's almost like she's trying too hard to make us buy her performance. With MS everything flows naturally, she is a much better fit to that role. Just my two cents.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Aaron Newton said:

MS made Phyllis her own, imo, you loved to hate her.

OR....you just flat out hated her.  like i do.

hope she's learned that a bra is her friend..

not looking foreward to her swinging her tube socks with lemons around again.

Edited by valleycliffe
  • LOL 11
  • Love 7

I’ve always hated Phyllis, from Day 1, literally. I don’t care who plays her. But what Gina tried to do with Phyllis, and the insistence that she be turned into this comedic sexpot and do this romcom bullshit with JT, was pretty much my last straw. I don’t remember the last time in the history of television I saw two characters cheat on what is considered a GOOD PERSON and that GOOD PERSON loses their family name, their wife, their brother, their company, etc. 

• Love 24
15 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

OR....you just flat out hated her.  like i do.

Yep, Valleycliffe, that pretty much sums it up.

I loved to hate Adam Chandler, I loved to hate Palmer Courtlandt, I loved to hate Gloria, there were even times long, long ago in the misty past when I loved to hate Victor Newman.

But with Phyllis, it was clear cut, crystal clear disgust and Show magically matched up the character with MS who sure made it easy.

I DO love to FF her, though.

• LOL 2
  • Love 18
26 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I’ve always hated Phyllis, from Day 1, literally. I don’t care who plays her. But what Gina tried to do with Phyllis, and the insistence that she be turned into this comedic sexpot and do this romcom bullshit with JT, was pretty much my last straw. I don’t remember the last time in the history of television I saw two characters cheat on what is considered a GOOD PERSON and that GOOD PERSON loses their family name, their wife, their brother, their company, etc. 

And then play it all for laughs!!!! I remember one time Philly (now an established romcom couple living in Summer's FUN condo of youthful sex) were making out on the desk outside Jack's office at Jabot and he walked in and Gina did one of her awesomely funny pratfalls as Philly pulled apart quickly and she and JT were all romcom funny???? Peter just stood there looking like he wanted to vomit. (As Jack should). But the whole scene was clearly meant to be funny. Even the music supported a "funny moment."

Gina and Jason were giving us a masterclass in romcom after all.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
20 minutes ago, miamama said:

Gina and Jason were giving us a masterclass in romcom after all.

Excuse me? It’s romcomcom or nothing at all! Yougotthat? 

But yeah, I straight up hated MS Phyllis. From her nasty ass affair with Nick that produced the odious Summer to springing her son’s rapist out of prison for her own gain, the character offers me not one fond memory. I can hardly wait for her to inflict more misery on Jack.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, lurkerbee said:

Not really looking forward to a Phick or Phack reunion (although Peter Bergman made her almost tolerable)

Honestly I want Phack, that pairing was always the only thing that made Phyllis watchable for me.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, boes said:

I loved to hate Gloria

I think PB has more of an effect than I realized, I out & out loved Gloria when she & Jack were fuck buddies, especially for how unrealistic it was that those two would even give each other the time of day.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
14 hours ago, bannana said:

This is a case of be careful what you wish for.  GT has made Phyllis entirely unlikeable, with resting bitch personality. 

Awful bold of you to assume Phyllis was ever likeable! 😝😏

But for real, even if they wanna get rid of GT, it doesn't mean they have to bring Stafford back.I mean, if there was any shit stirrer personalities that would actually drum up interest in Y&R, Victoria Roswell and Michael Munhey would bring in way more bang for their buck.

3 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

Oh God, thanks for that visual! 😣😫😉

Maybe she can wear one of these things! 😂

2 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

But yeah, I straight up hated MS Phyllis. From her nasty ass affair with Nick that produced the odious Summer to springing her son’s rapist out of prison for her own gain, the character offers me not one fond memory. I can hardly wait for her to inflict more misery on Jack.

The way she treated Daniel especially put me off the character big time. And considering the news today, that story has aged as well as moldy bread.

Come to think of it, I realize what few good moments anyone can remember for this character were largely from back when everyone was sick of Cricket and were rooting for anyone to knock her ass down a peg or two. It was less about Phyllis and more because the audience was tired of Bill Bell's nepotism being turned to 11. Which made it all the more hilarious and ironic when Phyllis  was made out to be the sympathetic heroine when that attempted murder from 1993 came out to light!

• Love 15
12 hours ago, boes said:

Yep, Valleycliffe, that pretty much sums it up.

I loved to hate Adam Chandler, I loved to hate Palmer Courtlandt, I loved to hate Gloria, there were even times long, long ago in the misty past when I loved to hate Victor Newman.

But with Phyllis, it was clear cut, crystal clear disgust and Show magically matched up the character with MS who sure made it easy.

I DO love to FF her, though.

also it was fun to stop and see the bizarre faces she made as she talked. Every frame too

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 3/28/2019 at 11:18 PM, taavir40 said:

Here he is as Adam 

6KE4CH3V.jpg_medium.jpg

Lol, taking another look at "Adam", this guy looks nothing like Mark. I think this is actually Mitch Eakins...

Edited by Aaron Newton
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

So today was the first show of the new (old?) era.  Nothing remarkable about it.  Characters did seem to be true to character, which is always a good thing.  Jack is comfortably back in his office, and tells Phyllis to take a hike when she demands her negotiated golden handshake (which was actually kind of pathetic at six months' salary, plus bonuses).  Jack goes to visit Ash at the GCAC where she is catching up on Abby's life.  Abby wants nothing to do with their drama and leaves.  Jack and Ash revisit the same wounds they have inflicted on each other (tho Jack never once mentioned how Ash made him believe he was not an Abbott and almost destroyed him 😢).  Ash wants Jack to work with her, and he gets excited and says she can come back to the lab.  Oh, Jack.  That is pretty much Ash's response, too.  She says no way, she has all the toys and more and her company will beat his company, no sweat.  He actually tells her he has a better head for business.  Sigh.  So they end with a challenge to best each other at running their respective companies.

Edited by bannana
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Aaron Newton said:

Lol, taking another look at "Adam", this guy looks nothing like Mark. I think this is actually Mitch Eakins...

yup! sorry for misleading everyone i was just excited. But i guess mark was atleast at Y&R 6 weeks ago? image.png.c0e026112f018323854f8e9b7cbdf5f6.png

• Love 2

I’d welcome back BM as Billy. At least, he can act and had some connection to Victoria. As far as the other actors in his age group, if Nick didn’t have pockets, he couldn’t act and if current Billy (JT) didn’t have hips and a belt, he couldn’t act either. Why do these actors depend on these affectations as acting supports when that’s all I can see every time they’re on the screen? I never even listen to anything they’re saying. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
57 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I forgot all about that. Was John Abbott really his father?

Yes, and back then, Ashley gloated as she described how she destroyed Jack, right down to the movie screening that Jack was so excited about for Dinah.  She was the one who inserted the video where Dinah said John was not Jack's father, and she manipulated Abby, Charley and Dinah to do so.  This is why her "poor me" self pity party has no effect.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
7 hours ago, bannana said:

Yes, and back then, Ashley gloated as she described how she destroyed Jack, right down to the movie screening that Jack was so excited about for Dinah.  She was the one who inserted the video where Dinah said John was not Jack's father, and she manipulated Abby, Charley and Dinah to do so.  This is why her "poor me" self pity party has no effect.

also her endless sucking up to Prick, no matter what horrors he did to her family.

• Love 16
14 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I’d welcome back BM as Billy. At least, he can act and had some connection to Victoria. As far as the other actors in his age group, if Nick didn’t have pockets, he couldn’t act and if current Billy (JT) didn’t have hips and a belt, he couldn’t act either. Why do these actors depend on these affectations as acting supports when that’s all I can see every time they’re on the screen? I never even listen to anything they’re saying. 

Gam2, a better description of their acting abilities doesn't exist!!!  Well said.

• Love 8
(edited)

so, for the week of april 8, there is a spoiler in it that "sharon calls mias bluff".

i am hoping this has nothing to do with the my previous posting that mia will accuse sharon of causing her miscarriage.

oooops, the post i mentioned was in reel to real not rotting.

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Love 5