Type keyword(s) to search

Tomorrow Today: Media & Behind The Scenes Of LOT

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I'm not surprised.  A little disappointed, but I know they needed to give Black Lightning the best support possible.  I just hope it doesn't get stuck on Fridays - that would be bad. :(  

If they throw Legends on Friday I will be very afraid they are canceling it.

I'm not going to panic yet. Legends has great buzz for the CW - all the reviews have been cautiously positive to rapturous - and has shown that it has a loyal core following. The CW knows the best place to debut its new superhero show is right behind its highest-rated one, and is probably betting that the Legends fans who are still committed to watching on the tube are committed enough to follow through with a schedule change. (Obviously the wireless fans are not affected.)

I don't think Black Lightning has a large episode order either. I'm guessing Legends will be shown in two blocks around Black Lightning; or both shows will share the time slot and each be broken into 2 halves.

All bets are off if BL proves to be either a ratings juggernaut or a disaster, of course. But so far this just seems like schedule juggling to me.

• Love 1

I'm surprised Valor's still going. Maybe in light of what's going on with CW they should put Legends after Supergirl, then they can promote their female led shows together and have promos with Kara, Alex, Sara, Amaya and Zari. 

In other news Sara should meet the Amazons. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 6

Well I'm not surprised. I really wish they had just finished the season, rather than making us wait until February. And just let BL premiere in Feb/April.

Honestly, I really don't care where they move LoT to. Friday is not the death sentence that everyone thinks it is, especially on the CW where so many other things are also included in the renewal calculus.

It makes perfect sense that they would use Flash to launch BL. Arrow probably could not launch it, especially since its already being given Supernatural energy shots itself. Supergirl has never launched or even helped a series. Weds is an option but I don't think Riverdale and BL have a similar audience. And while I don't think Friday is a bad slot for an established show, it is not a good place to launch a new show unless its audience is anticipated to be invested but small. I think they are trying to get a bigger audience for BL.

All in all the only thing that surprises me is that they are making LoT take a mid-season hiatus. BL taking its slot was predictable and logical.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Miss Dee said:

I don't think Black Lightning has a large episode order either. I'm guessing Legends will be shown in two blocks around Black Lightning; or both shows will share the time slot and each be broken into 2 halves.

Deadline says Legends returns in February, so I don't think so. They won't replace BL that quickly.

I'm guessing they're still figuring out what their post-Olympics schedule is going to be. Valor is done - it didn't get a back nine pick up.  Dynasty did - but its ratings are CEG levels.  I think CEG only got 13 episodes, but I'll have to research that.  But if so, both Valor and CEG will need to be replaced after the Olympics.  So....I don't know.  They could put it in Valor's spot, or they could move Dynasty to CEG's spot and put Legends in Dynasty's spot.  

*shrug* I don't know.  I just really hope it doesn't go to Fridays. :(

I also hope they don't try to compete with the Olympics!! I think the CW should just go into reruns. Why try competing with the Olympics? It's only a few weeks, and then they could even stay live instead of having that annoying Spring every other week rerun or not, where it's almost impossible to keep up with the scheduling.

6 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

They could put it in Valor's spot, or they could move Dynasty to CEG's spot and put Legends in Dynasty's spot. 

I think they do move it to Wednesday, and move the final episodes of Dynasty to Friday.

Can I ask why everyone is so afraid of Friday?

I mean I understand it may be a "demotion" in some ways. But I don't think the CW friday shows have ever been shown to be more likely or unlikely for cancellation.

LoT seems to have a loyal audience and it's numbers are generally good by CW standards. Plus it may be doing good with streaming and/or alternative/international audiences. I think it's hopes of renewal are as good as it gets for the CW.

Edited by kismet
2 minutes ago, kismet said:

Can I ask why everyone is so afraid of Friday?

I mean I understand it may be a "demotion" in some ways. But I don't think the CW friday shows have ever been shown to be more likely or unlikely for cancellation.

LoT seems to have a loyal audience and it's numbers are generally good by CW standards. Plus it may be doing good with streaming and/or alternative/international audiences. I think it's hopes of renewal are as good as it gets for the CW.

I'm afraid because it's typically seen as a death slot. That's where they moved Vampire Diaries and Originals last year.

To me move to Friday would signal the CW saying they don't care about Legends anymore.

Press release for #309 "Beebo the God of War".  This will likely be the mid-season finale.

“Beebo the God of War”— (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

FOLLOW YOUR HEART — Rattled by recent events, the Legends dive into work which finds them investigating an Anachronism in a Viking settlement in the New World.  The Legends realize that the Norsemen are worshipping an artifact as their god and are surprised by the artifact’s origin. For the first time, Sara (Caity Lotz) is worried that they might need back up when Damien Darhk (Neal McDonough) shows up.  Meanwhile, Jax (Franz Drameh) finds a loophole that could potentially change history, but it is a risk he is willing to take.  Victor Garber, Brandon Routh, Nick Zano, Tala Ashe, Maisie Richadson-Sellers and Dominic Purcell also star. Kevin Mock directed the episode written by Grainne Godfree & James Eagan (#309).  Original airdate 12/05/2017.

Source: SpoilerTV.com

Edited by Starfish35

People usually go out on Friday nights, that's why it's a death spot for tv shows. Although Netflix is kind of changing that since all their shows drop on Friday. Once Valor is done it would make sense to have Legends take their spot. I also hope they end the mid season finale with "DC's Legends of Tomorrow will return in February with Constantine" Or show some clips of him to have something for the fans to look forward too. 

With press release is this season the season of finding loopholes? 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2
On 11/16/2017 at 10:24 PM, Sakura12 said:

People usually go out on Friday nights, that's why it's a death spot for tv shows.

This.  Once the marketing scientists discovered that advertising generally doesn't cause people age 50+ to change their brand of laundry soap, they basically refused to pay for anything outside 18-49, and a large percentage of that age group (particularly the 18-34 contingent) goes out on Friday and Saturday nights.  Before all that happened, CBS could run a slate of now-legendary shows on Saturday night (All in the Family, MASH, Mary Tyler Moore, Bob Newhart and Carol Burnett) instead of reruns and 48 Hours.  Netflix doesn't care because people watch its shows whenever and they make their money up front.

On 11/17/2017 at 11:24 AM, Sakura12 said:

I also hope they end the mid season finale with "DC's Legends of Tomorrow will return in February with Constantine" Or show some clips of him to have something for the fans to look forward too.

Isn't Constantine supposed to be in Ep 9 and 10? I'm thinking Sara could be worried about needing help against Darhk the whole episode, and then at the end, she decides to call Constantine. Then we end with a shot of Constantine, or something.

3 hours ago, lurker22 said:

Isn't Constantine supposed to be in Ep 9 and 10? I'm thinking Sara could be worried about needing help against Darhk the whole episode, and then at the end, she decides to call Constantine. Then we end with a shot of Constantine, or something.

He might show up at the very end of 9, but I think he's supposed to be in 10 and 11.

• Love 1

I'm actually half-wondering if he's not sticking around for the season, at least on a recurring basis, and they're waiting for this 2-episode arc with Dhark to be over before announcing it so it comes as a surprise.

4 hours ago, johntfs said:

He might show up at the very end of 9, but I think he's supposed to be in 10 and 11.

The THR article says that he'll be in Ep 9 and 10. Klemmer described what 310 would be, which makes me think his role would be bigger in 10. Was there any article that stated otherwise?

Ryan played the iconic DC Comics character for one season on NBC's since-canceled live-action Constantine and later appeared in season four of Arrow. He will appear in episodes nine and 10 of Legends of Tomorrow season three, which will take place chronologically after his appearance on Arrow. And to hear Klemmer tell it, his appearance is sure to shake things up on the Greg Berlanti-produced comic book series.

"As for the character of Constantine, we knew that an alienated, chain-smoking, bisexual, world-weary demonologist would feel right at home among our Legends," says Klemmer. "His appearance in episode 310 will involve the following: a revisiting of Arrow season four and the events following that season's finale episode; a confrontation with this season's Big Bad on Legends — the name we've only heard whispered until now, Mallus; some hot sex — something that has been in short supply on the Waverider thus far in season three; and Damien Darhk [Neil McDonough], because how can you do an episode about dark magic and not have Damien Darhk? More than anything, the episode promises to be scary as you know what — tonally it's The Exorcist meets One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Demonic possession in a mental institution — what's not to love?"

Episode pics for #309 "Beebo the God of War".

Source: DCLegendsTV.com

Also at: TVLine

FOLLOW YOUR HEART — Rattled by recent events, the Legends dive into work which finds them investigating an Anachronism in a Viking settlement in the New World.  The Legends realize that the Norsemen are worshipping an artifact as their god and are surprised by the artifact’s origin. For the first time, Sara (Caity Lotz) is worried that they might need back up when Damien Darhk (Neal McDonough) shows up.  Meanwhile, Jax (Franz Drameh) finds a loophole that could potentially change history, but it is a risk he is willing to take.  Victor Garber, Brandon Routh, Nick Zano, Tala Ashe, Maisie Richadson-Sellers and Dominic Purcell also star. Kevin Mock directed the episode written by Grainne Godfree & James Eagan (#309).  Original airdate 12/05/2017.

IMG_0667.JPG

IMG_0669.JPG

IMG_0670.JPG

IMG_0671.JPG

IMG_0672.JPG

IMG_0673.JPG

IMG_0674.JPG

IMG_0675.JPG

IMG_0676.JPG

IMG_0677.JPG

IMG_0678.JPG

IMG_0679.JPG

• Love 2

I love those first two pictures. The one of Mick and Leo sharing a beer behind the (very beautiful) Christmas trees - that's a look of love, right there (interpretation of said love left up to viewer's desire). The second one of Mick and Leo makes me howl: Leo looks artfully innocent ("Did I say that?"), while Mick looks like he's thinking, "I'd kill you right now if you didn't look like my old partner and weren't so damned cute."

• Love 1

Honestly, there better be no shenanigans between Leo and Mick. Leo has a perfectly fine boy waiting for him at home, and I think he's still too Ray Palmer-ish in nature to even consider cheating on him. I think he's here to love and help Mick, but not that kind of love.

• Love 1

Looks cool, and I have to say Sara looks kind of Lagertha-esque.  Now I want some kind of ass-kicking action-adventure with Caity Lotz and Katheryn Winnick.  Make it happen TV gods.

Edited by Lugal
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Lugal said:

Looks cool, and I have to say Sara looks kind of Lagertha-esque.  Now I want some kind of ass-kicking action-adventure with Caity Lotz and Katheryn Winnick.  Make it happen TV gods.

This is where she looks like Lagertha.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Miss Dee said:

Honestly, there better be no shenanigans between Leo and Mick. Leo has a perfectly fine boy waiting for him at home, and I think he's still too Ray Palmer-ish in nature to even consider cheating on him. I think he's here to love and help Mick, but not that kind of love.

Also, I think it's pretty clear that Mick is into girls.  If there's shenanigans, it's more likely to be between Snart and Sara.  Or possibly, terrifyingly, between Snart and John Constantine.

On 12/1/2017 at 2:52 AM, Sakura12 said:

Leo is an relationship and I wouldn't want him to cheat on his Ray. 

Me too. Any Captain Canary feelings I might have (not much since I'm not a shipper, but the flirting from Leo towards Sara was fun) are gone once I found out Leo is in a serious relationship. And Sara does not need to be the third party in another person's cheating. She's way past that now.

I bet Beebo is Darhk's doing. He must think it's hilarious for the Vikings to worship a stuffed animal as their god of war.

• Love 1

Another nice paragraph about LOT in one of the write ups for the crossover:

Meanwhile, very stealthily over the past two years, Legends of Tomorrow has become The CW's most reliably entertaining and thrilling superhero series, with an "anything goes" approach that compares well to past science-fiction ensemble shows like Star Trek and Firefly. It's nowhere close to being a TV classic like those two, but it passes the time agreeably.

http://theweek.com/articles/729712/real-justice-league-cw

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Featherhat said:

Another nice paragraph about LOT in one of the write ups for the crossover:

http://theweek.com/articles/729712/real-justice-league-cw

I have a friend who loves Star Trek and Firefly... in fact she is even enjoying Seth MacFarlane's The Orville now, but superheroes aren't necessarily her jam. I never thought of trying to get her to watch LoT as well. But I'm sure she would love it considering her TV history, that quote inspired me to talk to her about it in those terms. I hope it inspires others to start watching the show as well.

• Love 2

I can see this show being something a fan of shows like Firefly or Farscape would enjoy, as opposed to more "traditional" superhero shows. It has the gang of oddballs with often clashing personality types who sometimes do morally questionable things and bicker with each other a lot but also love each other as a family who go from place to place and have adventures, while also fighting a bigger bad in the background. While trying not to mess everything up and drive each other off the wall. Really, it has more in common with shows like that than it does with shows like The Flash. They're more like a space ship crew than a typical superhero team in a lot of ways.

Amara looks GREAT in viking attire, and Sara was clearly made for this time period. They really did luck out that the actors all tend to look quite period appropriate in wherever they end up going, and look good in a lot of different costumes. With the exception of wigs and fake beards. What is it with this franchise and their inability to find a decedent fake wig or a beard?!?!

I cant get over the fact that this weeks problem seems to be "a time displaced Furby creates havoc in a Viking settlement". I love this show. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 4

Only fans of Legends can read time displaced Furby wreaks havoc in a Viking Settlement and have it make complete sense. 

I agree this show has more in common with the space travel shows, which is why I think some have trouble getting into it. They are expecting a super hero show like the rest of them. When it's just a hilarious fun ride through time and space with a crew of misfits with powers led by their formally dead assassin captain. 

• Love 6

I wonder if that means the Constantine rumors are true.  :/  Wouldn't be my first choice. 

ETA:  But I just had a horrible thought.  They wouldn't move Black Siren over there, would they? Someone please tell me no.  I'd take Constantine a thousand times over that. :(

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

I guess it would make sense for him to join for the rest of this season since they are dealing with magic. Constantine would help with that. 

I think poor Wally should join the Legends since the Flash only cares about Barry. 

• Love 1