Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

Apparently Audrey was the first one called to the DR after the ceremony. Meg asked Jason in the have-not room: "Why would they call Audrey first?" Then lots of fish.

Jason telling Davonne that strong black women always get voted out early. Day says people don't like strong women in the real world either and she doesn't understand why. 

James: "It says in the bible the scorn of a woman is like no other. Or something like that."

• Love 2
(edited)

I honestly think Davonne was sitting in a good spot.  And then she got into a spat with Clay.  Maybe Clay's relationship with Davonne can be viewed in the context of our cultural views on women and women of color and how they're perceived.  I think thats difficult to say.  But my main point would be that if Shelli/Clay hadn't won HOH, we wouldn't be having that discussion.

Edited by MV007
  • Love 1
(edited)

"Strong black woman" Danielle Reyes was the runner up in Season 3 and lasted 60 days in Season 7. Or does Jason consider her to be a latina? His argument is bogus.

If Da'Vonne got to have the Last Laugh two of her choices seem obvious: Clay and James. I should think she'd pick Audrey as her third choice just out of spite.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 1

Geesh, Audrey was talking to Jeff abt how Da shouldn't feel the way she does because Da has trashed every person in the house and proceeded to blame Da again for saying Becky's a racist and added that Da also accused Steve of being a homophobe. We didn't see what Steve said before the feeds started but seems like whatever it was came off pretty bad. But neither Jason nor Da held it against him and Da was actually close with Steve when the feeds started. This is an example of why I can't stand Audrey. Trying to spread a false rumor that someone's a racist is terrible and then blaming that rumor on someone else is really shitty--especially when that person is on her way out the door.

I'm a little worried that Audrey could win the next HOH if it's the A or B questions and I could see her going after Jason, who I find very entertaining. I don't care if Audrey sticks around for a little while just to keep a villain in the house but don't want her to hold any power.

• Love 1

Shelli reminds me of someone, too.  An actress, not a former HG.  It may be a combo of 2 people.  Something about her mouth.  

She reminds me of Beth Stern, Howard Stern's wife. I've thought that since the first show.

• Love 4

She reminds me of Beth Stern, Howard Stern's wife. I've thought that since the first show.

I see that a little.  She pretty in a generic blonde way so it is easy to see many in her.  I mostly see Hiliary Swank's mouth in some of her expressions. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Sounds like Da'Vonne just told Jason that she suspects Liz of being a twin, due to differences in her face. Boom goes the twin twist?

Outdoor lockdown has been called. I wonder if the phone is being installed.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 2

Sounds like Da'Vonne just told Jason that she suspects Liz of being a twin, due to differences in her face. Boom goes the twin twist?.

But Jason didn't seem convinced at all. Hope he starts paying a little more attention after this and figures it out. Can the twins play even if someone figures out the twist?

Yep, the twins are not going to make it to week 5.  Well, they could.  Production now knows they will be looking for that and leave one in until they get bored scouring her face, I suppose.  

(edited)

But Jason didn't seem convinced at all. Hope he starts paying a little more attention after this and figures it out. Can the twins play even if someone figures out the twist?

All they said was that if they made it to the fifth eviction, both of them could be in the house at the same time. I don't know if they said anything about what happens if they get caught. It's Big Brother, it's better to keep it vague.

When all four cameras were on Liz/Julia tanning on the hammock in that teeny bikini, I was wondering how the twins deal with the tan lines. I noticed them on one of the twins on the feeds yesterday, does the other have identical tan lines or makes sure to get them the next day?

It sounds like Da'Vonne is now spreading it to James and Meg outside, as well as Jason. But she's gonna "keep it to herself". Um...

These Have Nots aren't the brightest. You're on outdoor lockdown. Sleep away. They can't tell you to get into the HN room. Use that lockdown to your advantage!

ETA: Oh, Da'Vonne is saying she's going to go to the DR when the lockdown is over and ask about the twin thing. This could finally be getting interesting again.

Edited by Callaphera

I don't think both can play if someone figures it out before Week 5. If someone does before then, I believe only Liz can play.

I gotta blame production on screwing up the twin twist. It seems like they had been implying it to a houseguest or two in the DR, because there's been talk about twins since a few days into the feeds. There's only one way they would be this focused on a twin twist, and that is if production gave someone hints about it being a possibility. I think if they had kept silent, Liz/Julia might have lasted a little bit longer, possibly to week five. 

• Love 3

I thought that the twin has to be voted out to negate the twin twist.  It isn't enough for people to just be talking about it.  (I could be totally wrong about this, though.) It would be in the best interest of people in the know to keep quiet and align with Liz/Julia, so they will have an extra number down the road.  It would be especially helpful for people on the outs.

• Love 2

I also thought the twin twist was that they had to make it to week 5 without being evicted, not that they couldn't be found out (like the previous season that did this.)

Of course the houseguests might get paranoid about it if they find out and immediately vote them out.

Yeah, I wish Da would have kept this just between Jason and her so that Jason might have something in his back pocket after Da leaves. They're not very good at keeping secrets, are they?

I don't think the DR is asking questions about twins. What would be their incentive? I think enough of these people have been watching long enough, when it came out that more than one HG did have a twin, they started putting two and two together. Season five also had multiple set of twins, probably for a back-up.

I like Day, but no way does she make it another day without either confronting Liz/Julia or telling the entire house. She has a big mouth even when she's not desperate.

"Strong black woman" Danielle Reyes was the runner up in Season 3 and lasted 60 days in Season 7. Or does Jason consider her to be a latina? His argument is bogus.

If Da'Vonne got to have the Last Laugh two of her choices seem obvious: Clay and James. I should think she'd pick Audrey as her third choice just out of spite.

Citing one anomaly does not erase a culture that identifies black women in very specific ways. Or in this case, a game that identifies and targets people based on difference as well, even if it's not overt (age, race, sexuality). Nor do anomalies invalidate any other behavior towards people based on gender/cultural/sexuality based stereotypes. That actually just perpetuates the cycle by dismissing the valid claims about it. 

In other news, if I were DaVonne and ended up evicted, I would out the twin twist as I walked out the door. Just shake it up a bit and take some of the eyes off her buddy, Jason.

• Love 8

Maybe it's like getting the cable installed. "They said they'd be here at 2 pm! It's 6!"

LMAO! That's good.

But honestly maybe. If they have to install like an actual phone with a phone line and stuff that probably will be awhile. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Pardon me, sunsheyen, I was only pointing out that Danielle Reyes, perhaps the best player in BB history, was a woman of color and was NOT voted out early so Jason shouldn't have made a blanket statement like that. Actually Da'Vonne has said that Danielle was the best. Too bad she didn't emulate her behavior.

Uh oh. Is this for real?

https://twitter.com/JarettSays/status/618198401885171712

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 1
(edited)

Some think she says 'might as well was them.' I can't really tell. She's messed up and said Liz a couple other times actually. She covered it once by saying she was talking in the third person lol.

They went to Jeff interviews. I'm pissed they're keeping us from seeing the phone call. It's bullshit. If they block us from all of it I'm gonna riot!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

It's clear she's aaying "Liz'll wash them." And Austin's reaction almost looks like it's faked, it's so over the top. But then again his acting has pretty much been confined to the WWE, right?

• Love 3

Some think she says 'might as well was them.' I can't really tell. She's messed up and said Liz a couple other times actually. She covered it once by saying she was talking in the third person lol.

They went to Jeff interviews. I'm pissed they're keeping us from seeing the phone call. It's bullshit. If they block us from all of it I'm gonna riot!

That will show 'em!  Video it, okay? 

• Love 1
(edited)

It's clear she's aaying "Liz'll wash them." And Austin's reaction almost looks like it's faked, it's so over the top. But then again his acting has pretty much been confined to the WWE, right?

I dunno, I can hear both versions, probably because Jokers has been arguing about it for awhile now. I would hope that if Austin were to hear something like that, he wouldn't make the "lightbulb" face, especially with her so close to him. I'd like to think he's smarter than that. He could have been reacting to something we couldn't see or hear.

I'm down for the riot if I miss some elbowing and hair pulling when it comes to answering the phone.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 1
(edited)

I dunno, I can hear both versions, probably because Jokers has been arguing about it for awhile now. I would hope that if Austin were to hear something like that, he wouldn't make the "lightbulb" face. He could have been reacting to something we couldn't see or hear.

Yea, I don't really think it's clear what she says to be honest. And like why would she say "Liz will wash them," and then put them with the pile of clothes she plans on washing?

As for Austin's face, that is SO strange. Especially considering he didn't react at all to her saying "Liz will talk to them," several days ago.

But also it is very strange to me if Austin hasn't picked up on the twin thing. He figured out Day is a poker dealer and he barely interacts with her. He spends a lot of time with Liz and he appears to genuinely like her a lot.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

But also it is very strange to me if Austin hasn't picked up on the twin thing. He figured out Day is a poker dealer and he barely interacts with her. He spends a lot of time with Liz and he appears to genuinely like her a lot.

Either he's completely unobservant or he knows and just isn't saying anything. If he's worked it out, he might also have worked out that if the twins make it to a certain point, he'll gain an extra ally. Is he a BB fan? He seems to know other reality shows. I'll be completely honest, when Austin is on the feeds, I'm usually enjoying the shirtlessness and the constant working out. I'm not always listening to what he has to say. He's my eye candy for the season. Now if he'll just wash his damned hands! 

All Jeff highlights do is make me miss the trivia questions. I really hate that we're not getting to see the phone. Are they doing all seven calls in a row?

• Love 1

To me, she clearly says "Liz". I heard the "z" sound very clearly.

Does it bug anyone else that people this season seem to be using the word "exploit" instead of "expose?"

• Love 1

Is he a BB fan? He seems to know other reality shows.

Yea, he is. I feel like he probably suspects the twin twist but is keeping it to himself.

I didn't think they'd do all the calls in a row, but now I'm afraid they will and that they'll keep us from seeing any of it. Bullshit!

• Love 1

I could do without Da'Vonne calling one of the twins "the chunky one".

Julia really is skinnier though, and nicer, while Liz is more athletic and bitchier. I just think they picked the least identical twins they could have, especially when their hair is up, Julia looks completely different from Liz and I can't believe it's taken even his long for anyone to twig.

(edited)

To me, she clearly says "Liz". I heard the "z" sound very clearly.

So did I. I'm sort of baffled that others think she's saying anything but that. The sound isn't muffled.

Perhaps the delay getting back to live feeds has something to do with the exposure of the twins?

Edited by TimWil

I still don't understand the twin twist. Does a HG have to mention it in the diary room? Flat out call "them" on it? Scream it from the sky deck? Quietly say it to the million cameras?

It seems like every time Jeff shows us something supposedly funny that happened in the house, it involves Jase, who was already intolerable the first time around. Wondering what the live feed subscribers have done to deserve such cruel punishment.

(edited)

It's never been spelled out for us, which is wrong. They never seem to learn that keeping things vague (like the twists) doesn't exactly inspire us to keep tuning in.

Edited by TimWil

I still don't understand the twin twist. Does a HG have to mention it in the diary room? Flat out call "them" on it? Scream it from the sky deck? Quietly say it to the million cameras?

I thought Julie said they can't be evicted. My guess is they also aren't allowed to reveal it even if everyone knows. So she can't just be like "yep I'm Julia"

(edited)

It's never been spelled out for us, which is wrong. They never seem to learn that keeping things vague (like the twists) doesn't exactly inspire us to keep tuning in.

Oh, I don't know. They could show the actual puppet strings hanging from the ceiling and I would probably still watch this show. It's a summer tradition at this point. I put up with all the shenanigans every season. I expect them to keep things like this vague, because I expect them to use that to their advantage. 

According to Jokers, Shelli said that Da'Vonne got the 7th call when looking at the memory wall. So they must have done all seven in a row. Stupid.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 2

I'm reading that Day got the 7th phone call. Yeah, there's a shocker. But with that and her figuring out the twins, let's see what she does with it. I think nothing, but would love to be surprised.

Day is the 7th caller...

Day should totally blackmail LizJulia since she knows they are the twin twist.

Day could get Jason/Becky/Liz. She should try lying to Audrey and telling.her she wont be a target of hers if shes HOH. Then all she would need is a toss up.

Wow! Is Day lucky or what? Too funny and so not obvious, right?????? Not!! At least, it will add some temporary drama on eviction night. I'm guessing Day will still go home but it will give Julie something to talk about for an 45 minutes or so. LOl!!!

Earlier in the DR: "So, Da'Vonne? Just wondering, how many deadly sins are there again? Oh, and which of those dwarves from Cinderella is your favorite? Just wondering. Thanks!"

I honestly don't care if BB tipped her off. At this point, people should expect special powers to go to players who most need them. They all know what show they're on.

• Love 4