Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

The best thing about Vanessa talking hypocrisy is her talking to Shelli about hypocrisy.

Hypocricy:  the practice of someone else claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which their behavior does not conform.  Not yours. Not mine.

I wish that the veto episode would hold the veto ceremony at the halfway point so that we could get some aftermath on Wednesday.  There will be very little time for all of this on Thursday during the DE episode.

• Love 3

Vanessa all ready coming up with "reasons" in her mind to go after Shelli. It will be interesting if she can come up with anything to move the target to Shelli.

Her best chance is to play up the fact her alliance has turned on her and how hated she is in general.  If people start to realize she's alone because no one wants to work with her crazy pants ass while Shelli sits there calm and collected, there's going to start to consider her a powerless (if annoying) target and start to realize Shelli has a better chance at winning comps and as a more rational player who's more dangerous.  And really, while it was a good move to put Vanessa on the block now that it's caused a meltdown I think the smarter move is to get Shelli out.  She's had too much time to regroup and is a big threat to everyone.  

• Love 5

Vanessa's game imploded because she wanted to be in control of everything, but take responsibility for nothing. That's not a sustainable combination.

Wow, you hit the nail on the head there.

Now I want Vanessa out and I want Shelli out. I want to watch what happens when the former leaders leave the house early enough to watch everyone else scramble.

This! I would love to see Vanessa and Shelli go in the DE. It would be very interesting to see where the game goes after that.

Vanessa has gone around claiming that Becky yelled at her when she didn't and called her "not a nice person," which I think is worse than anything Becky has said about her.

She also called Becky a bitch and stupid, which is on par with/worse than what I've heard Becky call her.

Shelly, Vanessa, and the Austwins just have no self-awareness whatsoever. And that is what really gets me. I can't with their hypocrisy and lack of self-awareness.

• Love 7

The twins, Austin & Shelli are talking about the other side being so tight and it's so wrong and blah, blah, blah! Seriously, do they know how dumb they sound. Not being I power sucks, doesn't it?

• Love 10

JohnnyMac actually impressed me a lot in his conversation with Shelli ending around 3P HT. He has a lot of awareness about the game and seems ready to take his game to the next level. He is smart to want to work with Shelli, who is in good shape now depending on what happens in the DE (during which she has a good chance of winning key comp(s)). He tried to warm her up to the prospect of putting her issues with James behind them and working with him, which also seems smart and to which Shelli seemed open.

• Love 3

I really, really want to like ADC. Guys, help me like ADC! I know I should, I know it's the right thing to do, but something is prevented me from liking them and I don't know what! 

On a plus side, I'm pretty sure I'm finally getting over Vanessa. The thing is is that she is genuinely smart. The problem is is that she's not just too smart, but she overthinks way too much and has too much pride in herself so she can't see, or admit, her wrongdoings. And we have Jackie, who seems to be smart like Vanessa. 

God, I am trying so hard to love ADC, I really am. I might need to actually watch more of the live feeds instead of just reading things on here and tumblr (curse me for going on tumblr anyway), and checking out the live feeds once every few days.

• Love 2

Now Shelli is mad because James has been wearing one of Clay's shirt. It's one that Shelli loved on him so she thinks James is wearing it on purpose to make her feel bad. You can't make this stuff up, folks!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

I really, really want to like ADC. Guys, help me like ADC! I know I should, I know it's the right thing to do, but something is prevented me from liking them and I don't know what!

Personally, I don't particularly like anyone this year. No one is as odious as the S15 racists or Frankie last year, but no one is particularly likable either. It's weird. The gameplay has been good/entertaining this year, but I'm just not feeling any of these people. On a superficial level, I "hate" or at least dislike almost all of them. But I freely acknowledge the fact that I usually loathe the vast majority of the HGs. Merely finding them ok, but boring/annoying people (as I do for the HGs this year) is a huge step up.

• Love 10

Personally, I don't particularly like anyone this year. No one is as odious as the S15 racists or Frankie last year, but no one is particularly likable either. It's weird. The gameplay has been good/entertaining this year, but I'm just not feeling any of these people. On a superficial level, I "hate" or at least dislike almost all of them. But I freely acknowledge the fact that I usually loathe the vast majority of the HGs. Merely finding them ok, but boring/annoying people (as I do for the HGs this year) is a huge step up.

Honestly, me too. I knew that pretty much coming in after reading the bios and realizing I felt nothing toward not one person. I've kind of now found people I want sticking around, like Julia and Vanessa, but not anyone I'm rooting for in terms of winning (again, besides Vanessa...who blew up her game and has no chance now so...). Basically, I tolerate most, hate some (Clay, Austin, Jeff) and have found people I do genuinely like (Vanessa, Julia, I LIKE STEVE TOO ALRIGHT?) but none I'm rooting for to win. 

Also, unpopular opinion: I disliked Da'Vonne and was thrilled when she left. And I actually kind of liked her first week, but she just rubbed me the wrong way, especially her second week. Also, I've been watching people on tumblr call out on the people evicting minorities, but have not heard a peep about Vanessa and have, instead, heard a lot of hatred toward her. I laugh at those hypocrites. 

• Love 6

I ike James, Jackie & Meg. I like that they actually like each other. I like John for the DR sessions. I pretty much dislike the other HG because so seem so entitled and aren't happy because they aren't in power. I was beginning to like Shelli by herself but now she is getting all mean girl with the twins discussing Clay and his t-shirt. I thought she was the matur one. Oh brother!!

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 3

I agree. Even the ones I don't like, I know it's just that they're personally annoying to me - they just get on my nerves for reasons I can't quite put my finger on - or I like them fine as a person, not as a player (Meg!). It's nice to not have a super offensive HG for once, although they all have their moments.

It's a really good season to have no twists because, while I know ADC is popular at this moment, there isn't a rabid fan majority (a la Jeff/Jordan) or even any houseguests that are the obvious super fan favorite (Donny, Kaysar).

Unfortunately, I'm assuming The Twist will come eventually, but I don't really know who it would benefit - whereas every other season it's been obvious. BB seems to like John, though, what with the random segment about him, so I guess it'll be for him or James.

Also, unpopular opinion: I disliked Da'Vonne and was thrilled when she left. And I actually kind of liked her first week, but she just rubbed me the wrong way, especially her second week.

I expected her to be my favorite after the first week because she played hard, but then she just seemed to genuinely hate almost everything. I probably missed some of her personality, though, because I didn't watch feeds until a few weeks in. 

Edited by mooses
  • Love 2

Shelli is mad because ADC/Becky are trying to get John to play their game. SHELLI is saying this. S-H-E-L-L-I!

Even she doesn't realize that Becky and Johnny are the glue holding two sides of the house together.

Good for JMac and Becky I guess.

I have a question. Johnny has been trying to broach a wording alliance between him, Shelli, Becky and Steve. Has he bothered telling Becky's he's adding her to a new alliance. I kinda love how he can do that without her knowledge and she can speak on his behalf with her group without his.

• Love 1

Even she doesn't realize that Becky and Johnny are the glue holding two sides of the house together.

Good for JMac and Becky I guess.

I have a question. Johnny has been trying to broach a wording alliance between him, Shelli, Becky and Steve. Has he bothered telling Becky's he's adding her to a new alliance. I kinda love how he can do that without her knowledge and she can speak on his behalf with her group without his.

Think JMacky will turn out to be what Clelli was supposed to be?

• Love 2

Vanessa has absolutely tanked her game by doing too much for her alliance without considering how it would affect her own game, which I think is a byproduct of her overplaying so much in general. When she wasn't in any particular danger and it would have benefited her to just hang back, she concocted elaborate plots to keep her allies safe, ensure her and their safety for weeks to come, etc., etc. Everything she did made the target on her back bigger and  she just kept going and going and going. At the end of the day, she was actually loyal to her core 6S alliance, even to the point of stupidity, but she engaged in so much machination that she ended up verbally throwing all of them under the bus at one time or another, making her appear shady, even though her actions in the end were always pro-6S. I think that she's  genuinely hurt and confused by the way things have turned out and I'm not sure that she'll ever get why 6S don't trust her as much as she thinks they should.

I agree. 

It makes it all the more sad to see how alone she is today.  I haven't watched every second, but other than an initial, somewhat awkward, gathering just after the veto ceremony, her 6S alliance has made her feel even more alone I imagine.  How sad to be ostracized and then hear all your former allies having a fun time with the people who had been planning her backdoor all along. 

It would be a generous act for one of her friends to have an honest conversation with her to let her know that she can't change the outcome but that she'd be welcome to join in with the other people.

I don't know if she'd do it, but it would be nice to try. 

I feel like she's the wounded gazelle that the other gazelle's are just trying to outrun so they don't get eaten.

• Love 1

To me it looks like Vanessa is ostracizing herself. I think Becky not putting up with her bullshit earlier and James/Meg/Jackie not biting on her trying to throw Becky utb has her really shook. It's not up to everyone else to make sure poor little Vanessa is OK. Being nominated is part of the game. 

• Love 8

To me it looks like Vanessa is ostracizing herself. I think Becky not putting up with her bullshit earlier and James/Meg/Jackie not biting on her trying to throw Becky utb has her really shook. It's not up to everyone else to make sure poor little Vanessa is OK. Being nominated is part of the game. 

You're not wrong, but I still feel bad for her.

:)

• Love 2

Vanessa is isolating herself. The twins have gone to talk to her. Shelli did for a long while too.

I just read on Jokers that fans on Twitter and Facebook are campaining to get Becky fired. It is one thing to embellish Becky's actions on MBs and social media, reaching out to her employers to get her fired is a whole new low.

• Love 7

I just read on Jokers that fans on Twitter and Facebook are campaining to get Becky fired. It is one thing to embellish Becky's actions on MBs and social media, reaching out to her employers to get her fired is a whole new low.

That's nothing new for Big Brother fans. There's always the crazies. Didn't people threaten Shelly and her family in Season 13?

Not taking a break from these people for months get some fans way too invested. More often than not, the HGs seem to get over it faster than the rest.

ETA: Vanessa's only course of action is to do nothing game related and hope Shelli tanks herself. There's a slim to none chance that will happen, but she's definitely not convincing anyone to change their minds on her own. She tried to get the Austwins to plant some seeds against Shelli, but they were basically like, "No way. But let us know if you need anything besides that or anything strategy!"

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1

There is always a small group of fans who are so extra about everything lol. They're like the Vanessa of fans! What is their reasoning for this? Let me guess, because she walked away from Vanessa. That was very 'cold-hearted' and 'vitriolic.' LOL.

I'm interested to see how Vanessa plays out the rest of this week. I really hope she gives up on playing up the victim/martyr complex she has because that is not working at all.

• Love 2

Shit man she is literally melting down. "What a joke, friends my fucking ass." As she's holding a bible. Also, the fact that she is like bawling and making everyone feel guilty while she also says, "I don't even care, I have such a good life," is just so hilarious.

By the end of the week this story Vanessa's telling about Becky will morph into Becky like murdering her girlfriend in front of her or something. Every time she tells it she embellishes it just a little more.

• Love 4

Apparently, a few hours ago, Steve decided to throw the Double Eviction HoH.  Idiot.

He did indeed. Meanwhile Austin thinks maybe him and the twins should throw it because it would be better if Steve won. LOL.

Now Vanessa has started guilt tripping Steve about whether or not Steve knew she was going up. Like who fucking cares, Vanessa?! Let it go!

Vanessa: STEVE I KNOW YOU KNEW! I KNOW YOU KNEW!

Steve: I'm sorry you feel that way.

LMAO!

• Love 9

So Steve and one of the twins are trying to talk Vanessa of the cliff of self pity. It makes me wonder. When did it become common courtesy in the habitat for the HOH to warn the replacement nom they are the replacement nom?

.....and they failed and are now "fake MFers". Sorry, but not sorry. Entitlement is a double edged sword. The mightiest (in their own minds) have further to fall. I will give Shelli credit where credit is due. Once the brother clone left the house, she moved on within hours.

• Love 6

So, Vanessa gets nominated. Her strategy is to make Becky into a villain, saying Becky can't even vote (although this week, in the case of a 4-4 tie, Becky will vote). Strike one Vanessa. She spews all of Becky's 'vile' deeds to Jackie/Meg/James with no subtlety, no picking her moments, just doing it in a fit of vengeance so they have no desire to listen or believe her. Strike two. Just now in ranting to one of the twins and Steve, she pretty much berates Steve, and tells him he had to know, and does her best to make him feel guilty. Strike three.

Honestly, I wanted her to go to war, I wanted to see what she could do. She seems to be doing the best she can to make it a unanimous vote, so I want her to go already.

• Love 12

Honestly, I wanted her to go to war, I wanted to see what she could do. She seems to be doing the best she can to make it a unanimous vote, so I want her to go already.

I blame Audrey (really....sort of). This group is refreshingly immune to meltdowns at this point. John pretty much just told Vanessa - have a good wallow, put on a hoodie and walked out of the room.

• Love 4

Oh geez, Vanessa is bawling her eyes out to Austin right now because no one has come to check on her. This girl, man. She's something else.

Yeah, and that something else is named Audrey.

• Love 3

Hard to believe Vanessa plays a game for a living.

I don't know how many of you guys watched BB Canada 3 but there was a poker pro in that cast. He was deliberate, rationale and pretty much emotionless, which is what you would expect. Basically the opposite of Vanessa.

• Love 3

I just cannot with Vanessa. I didn't see this weepy victim thing coming. I thought she'd be playing her heart out to throw Shelli under the bus. I know people who act like this. It's like everything is supposed to play out the way they imagine it, and when other people fail to follow the script they're just furious. Maybe people who play poker are predictable enough that she always felt like she knew what was coming in a card game. I really hope she doesn't act like this outside of the house, but I suspect she does.

• Love 7

Vanessa will probably regroup by the end of the week. In her exit interview with Julie she'll be all serious, monotone & calm. In jury, she'll grill everyone & then claw her was back into the BB House & win the $500,000. LOL!!!!

• Love 1

There really isn't anybody this season to really go crazy root for. I really don't care for Jackie and her 'way too much ' hair that she's always stroking like its brand new. She really seems to be all talk and no action. Becky and James made the great huge moves that were needed and James really wore his HOH week very well. Never got a big head about, was just simple and to the point. I think Becky is getting , or has become rather smug and there is something about her I just don't like!

• Love 5

I don't know how many of you guys watched BB Canada 3 but there was a poker pro in that cast. He was deliberate, rationale and pretty much emotionless, which is what you would expect. Basically the opposite of Vanessa.

I just started watching that recently, and he was also a real douche in the process of being all of those other things you said.

• Love 4

What were they suppsoed to be? Straddling two sides?

JMac is already that. He's doing it better.

I was thinking more along the roles of power couple; she as primary on strategy, he as primary on social.

Shelli and Clay actually started out along these lines, until they got so far up each other's ass they forgot there was a whole Rest Of The Game going on around them.

I'm wondering if Becky and JMac's game relationship is starting to develop along the same lines.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 7
Sara2009 and Runningwild, but thankfully, that's about it, at least in terms of those who came over from TWoP.  Most of the other fans of him went on to different sites after TWoP went down and are hopefully far away from here.

I would consider myself a Jeff fan and I'm still here. I understand why people dislike him though.

• Love 7

I don't think there is anything wrong with hiding in your bed for the day if your upset that you were put on the block. Pretty much everyother houseguest since the beginning of the season has taken to their bed and slept (some more dramatic then others.. I'm looking at you Audrey lol) I have a feeling she will regroup and pull it together.

• Love 3

I don't think Vanessa will regroup, which I find very disappointing. The pity party going on now with her, Steve and Shelli is really pathetic. She absolutely refuses to take responsibility for ANYTHING.

• Love 4

I was thinking more along the roles of power couple; she as primary on strategy, he as primary on social.

Shelli and Clay actually started out along these lines, until they got so far up each other's ass they forgot there was a whole Rest Of The Game going on around them.

I'm wondering if Becky and JMac's game relationship is starting to develop along the same lines.

They are in position to be that but I don't think they or anyone in the house is aware.

I thought it'd be Shelli/Vanessa but that was painfully short lived thanks to James and Becky.

In theory Austwins should be a force but they are in their own little world. Liz and Austin are so self involved they've hardly given Vanessa the time of the day. Lifting a finger to help her stay or avenge her has been shot down by both. I knew it'll happen but I was honestly shocked at how fast they jumped ship. Austin went further to say it'll be a bad idea to go after Becky during DE but they seem fine going after James. I don't know why exactly that is.

James/Meg/Jackie in addition to Becky has the best chance of going further if they are able to eliminate Shelli. Shelli won't hesitate to nominate Jackie and James if she wins hoh. If she does, I hope Becky wins POV and takes down Jackie. If Shelli replaces her with Meg, they vote out. I believe they'll have the votes if JMac and Steve votes with them.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 4

John: "Big Brother, get me a California license and I will pull it (Steve's tooth) in the house... live on Biiiig Brother"

I'm glad somebody finally pointed out the obvious.  What a bunch of cheap assholes to ask John to treat Steve, rather than let a non-HG treat him.  Per Joker's, Steve needed antibiotics at one point, and they were not provided - at least in a timely manner.

• Love 3