Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

He lies.

He told Steve earlier that he was going balls to the walls because he knows he is the target.

He also told Steve he tried his best in the HOH but to Austin, he says he didn't.

What I quoted from Jokers above was John talking to Steve alone, though.

ETA: I don't think John is going to consciously throw the veto, but if he thinks everyone but Vanessa would use it, and he's in a position where Vanessa is eliminated, he won't feel immediately threatened by not winning.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 3

He also told Steve he tried his best in the HOH but to Austin, he says he didn't.

He told Steve he didn't try that hard because he thought everyone would throw it to him. Now maybe he decided to say the thing above later, but the first thing he said was the aforementioned. 

John is just an idiot. Like no matter what way you slice it, his game is bad. I've said it before but he is seriously lucky he's a white male because otherwise he would be slaughtered by the online fanbase.

I think that a big part of it is laziness/fatigue. It's easier to just hang out and hope that your deals and alliances will keep you in the game than to constantly scramble, so that's what they do.

I think this is basically it, too. And, to Austwin's credit, they have a great social game so they make it easy for Meg/James to think they can just have fun and not do anything. That type of game works especially well on Meg, who we all know thinks BB is adult summer camp fun times! So, I get it from Meg's perspective. Also, I believe James is very confident that he can win the comps at the end. He's said as much. Now, he's wrong, but he really thinks it, so it makes his decision a little easier to understand.

And I get it from Vanessa's perspective because she literally has no other options. John hates her, Steve is basically done with her, and she never really tried to cultivate a relationship with Meg/James so it's too late.

But Steve/John, I just can't get it, I really can't. These two are superfans, they're smart, and Production loves them. They shouldn't be this damn dumb. Especially since I just can't for the life of me figure out why they're this obtuse.

Actually, it's just John tbh. I heard Steve talking to himself last night before he went to talk with Austin and he knew John was the real target and guessed that he (Steve) was probably more of a secondary target than Vanessa. So he does sorta get what's going on at least.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

I think it's hysterical that James does this and the HG get a kick out of it. James is also so gleeful at being successful that it makes it even funnier. That said, will anyone ever be able to get him back? Doubt it!

• Love 7

John initially thought he was the target but now he thinks he's safe. Steve was telling him last night that he thinks they are good this week. Austin didn't tell Steve that JMac is still the target. They [steve and John] now think he's backdooring Vanessa or James when in reality Austin wants noms to stay the same.

• Love 1

DAMN! I turn on the recorded BBAD this early a.m. just to listen too while playing Slotomania. ALL I HEAR is "Eewwwwwah!" or " Jamesahh" or "Steveahh!" Regardless of what twin it is, I just can't take this shit. It was one awful B.B this summer because half of the house just came to lay a round , and although I would of liked to see James win cause of his great 'no give a shit game move, he and Meg are pointless now. They are only there to carry that freak to the end (pick a name 'any name). I'm sick of watching them play throwing the aluminum ball in e pots or their filthy gross cook offs! And the gross romance is just one big fat FAIL this summer!

• Love 4

John initially thought he was the target but now he thinks he's safe. Steve was telling him last night that he thinks they are good this week. Austin didn't tell Steve that JMac is still the target. They [steve and John] now think he's backdooring Vanessa or James when in reality Austin wants noms to stay the same.

Initially during the convo I saw with them at like 7/8 pm BBT he basically told Steve John was really his target. He certainly implied it. And he told him that he doesn't think they should get Vanessa out anymore. But I only listened to the first like 1/2 hour of their convo. Did Austin 'appear' to change his mind by the end of it?

I think the fact that John initially said he didn't try in HOH and then said he did and that he thought he was the target and now thinks he is 100% safe is just proof of how dumb and useless he is. He's basically like the twins and their changing their opinions every damn minute.

• Love 1

You know this season has taken a turn for the worse when I would rather see basic-ass Becky win than the majority of these fools. Ugh!

I wish I liked Liz because there's like a 90% chance she will be in the Final 2 and she has played a decent game.. But I just can't.

Edited by delicatecutter
  • Love 3
But Steve/John, I just can't get it, I really can't. These two are superfans, they're smart, and Production loves them. They shouldn't be this damn dumb. Especially since I just can't for the life of me figure out why they're this obtuse.

Actually, it's just John tbh. I heard Steve talking to himself last night before he went to talk with Austin and he knew John was the real target and guessed that he (Steve) was probably more of a secondary target than Vanessa. So he does sorta get what's going on at least.

Steve and John may be book/real life smart, but they're both very weak BB players. I think part of the problem is that they both have weak personalities, especially Steve. I don't really mean that as an insult, but neither of them is comfortable or well equipped to stand up to people, assert themselves, go against the tide, etc. and they're not particularly charming either. They both have weak social games as well, so they have little to nothing to work with gamewise. They both got through the first half of the game by essentially being pets to stronger players/personalities. People with little to no game skill can go very far and even win if they have a strong social game, either with one key person (e.g., Victoria last year) or with multiple people. If Julia had fallen for either of John/Steve, he could have folded into the Austwins and things would be very different now. But, as things stand, neither of them has strong ties to anyone or even to each other, really. Vanessa was just using Steve during their "close relationship" and that's over now. John has been too timid to ever initiate game overtures any stronger than, "Hey, maybe we should work together..." without much follow-through, so he's basically laid back waiting for others to come to him and ended up with bullshit deals like the F5 with the Austwins.

I think Steve is just as stupid as John because the point is not just whether or not he's safe this week. He and John supposedly have a F5 with the Austwins and now the Austwins are planning to send John home. Hello?!?! WTF does he think is going to happen in the weeks to come? What is he doing to attempt to change the obvious outcome? Nothing. Stupid and a shitty player.

I get why they always cast a few people who will obviously suck at the game, but why so many? Steve and John are arguably the exact same "type"- geeky, socially awkward young white guy- why did they cast both of them? Were they thinking maybe they'd have some kind of "Revenge of the Nerds" alliance, maybe with Austin and Vanessa somehow thrown in there? I really don't get it.  The twins are, obviously, very similar, which is why they're there, but why also have Meg and Becky, two more vapid young white women, and Jace and Clay, the male equivalents? The twins have ended up doing amazingly well in the game, but I don't think it's because they're necessarily such great players.

You know this season has taken a turn for the worse when I would rather see basic-ass Becky win than the majority of these fools.

Exactly.

• Love 4

I think Steve is just as stupid as John because the point is not just whether or not he's safe this week. He and John supposedly have a F5 with the Austwins and now the Austwins are planning to send John home. Hello?!?! WTF does he think is going to happen in the weeks to come? What is he doing to attempt to change the obvious outcome? Nothing. Stupid and a shitty player.

LOL. Really. This is why I was so shocked when I heard Austin pretty much tell Steve he wants John out. And yet apparently Steve hasn't and won't do anything about it. I mean I guess there's really nothing he can do, but I'd at least like some evidence that he knows that this means Austwins aren't actually loyal to him.

Steve and John really are so similar. I don't get why they were both cast either. If they were gonna cast such similar players/people, why not cast 2 strong/strategic women instead?

I have to disagree on the Meg/Becky comparison though. They have nothing in common personality or gameplay wise imo.

• Love 1

I just want someone from jury to break up the foursome of Vanessa, Liz, Julia & Austin for pure entertainment. No matter who comes into the game has to win HOH to even make it past the first week, right? Then the recent jury person will probably get evicted and then we are right back to where we started. I so wanted James or John to win this weeks HOH just to see if they would have the done the dirty work for Austin & the twins. Granted, Vanessa is a number for them but they also want her out but are afraid to get "the blood on their hands".

• Love 1

Whenever the Austwins are on the feeds (which they seem to dominate), I have to try to get a camera that's away from them. Between Austin's ego and the twins' whining, I just can't. I'd rather watch the empty kitchen.

• Love 3

I want Vanessa to win, too, but I am mainly rooting for Austin to lose, because if the result of an alliance with a woman majority, with two powerful women as the leaders, ends up existing to produce yet another dude winner, I will cry tears of blood.

• Love 15

I've decided I really want Austin, Liz, or Julia to win veto. That's where the drama in this week lies. Please let it be a veto someone can accidentally win!

Me too. But mostly because I don't want John winning and taking himself off. If he does, James or Vanessa will go up, and I want them both to stay.
  • Love 3

Me too. But mostly because I don't want John winning and taking himself off. If he does, James or Vanessa will go up, and I want them both to stay.

Yea, that too! I really don't want John or Steve to win because I don't want James to be in danger. Vanessa I don't really care about too much, but I don't see Austin pulling that trigger anyway.

Austin, Liz, or Julia winning will force Austwins to actually pick a side, which at this point is probably the only way they might be in danger next week. But even if they do, John/Steve/James/Meg will probably all still be like "I want a F5 with Austwins hee hee!" because they're all dumb.

Lord please let Becky win the buy back comp!

• Love 1

I think Steve at least has some idea that Austwins aren't loyal to him. He talked to the cameras (of course) yesterday and said "I think the alliance between him (Austin), Vanessa, the twins, James and Meg is real. I think they want to get rid of John this week and me next week." I 100% agree that he's not doing anything about it though (although to be honest I'm not sure what he could be doing right now).

• Love 5

At this point, where it looks like we're heading toward my worst case scenario - an Austwins F3 - it's the schadenfreude that's going to get me through.

(From Jokers)

Liz wonders whose hometown they've gone to. She thinks James because they love the country but Austin thinks he might be unpopular for going against Cellie and they would have gone to their hometowns instead. Austin thinks they definitely went to Austin/Liz's hometown "because we're running the house. The whole show is us." (08/22/15 11:50 AM)

• Love 9

I completely agree with the "please, not Austin" sentiment, but I've gotten to the point with Vanessa where I literally can not listen to her on the feeds. I will absolutely flip to Meg and James talking about whatever it is those two talk about than listen to Vanessa talk and talk and talk about nothing but the game, always the game. And how honest and loyal and true to her word she is and all of the fucking blood she has gotten all over her fucking hands.

Please, John, get a freaking clue and win the veto. Make Austin and Vanessa sweat. I'm begging you!!

• Love 13

Interesting thing to consider, Vanessa told the twins she wants Steve gone before James. I don't think that's actually true, but I do think she's preparing for the possibility that John wins the veto. Austin and the Twins want to make sure they split up John and Steve this week and they want to keep their deal with James and Meg. So Vanessa's preparing an argument that it would be easier and less bloody to get rid of Steve this week than her. 

• Love 1

DAMN! I turn on the recorded BBAD this early a.m. just to listen too while playing Slotomania. ALL I HEAR is "Eewwwwwah!" or " Jamesahh" or "Steveahh!" Regardless of what twin it is, I just can't take this shit. It was one awful B.B this summer because half of the house just came to lay a round , and although I would of liked to see James win cause of his great 'no give a shit game move, he and Meg are pointless now. They are only there to carry that freak to the end (pick a name 'any name). I'm sick of watching them play throwing the aluminum ball in e pots or their filthy gross cook offs! And the gross romance is just one big fat FAIL this summer!

LOL. preach it! I am not even watching the tv portion of BB because I am enjoying all of the recapping and opinions here. I am instead on you tube watching when BB was fun. Season 7 all stars, chill town, Janelle and Will's showmance, James freaking out, DR phone calls with Boogey and Will, spin the bottle in the hot tub where everyone wanted to kiss Will, Howie knocking Boogey's hat off in anger as he is voted out. I have been laughing my ass off. Good times, good times.

Edited by lasandi

Julia said she was sad that she didn't get to play in OTEV, that she had been looking forward to it pre-season. Julia is also the one who couldn't figure out that OTEV backwards spells VETO and was 100% certain that it was a HoH comp. They have to be playing up this dumb blonde thing, right? 

Why is CBS dragging this crap out until after Labor Day? They should have quick double evictions to a fast final three. How obvious is it that final 3 will be Austin, Liz and Julia? 

We get the usual anger inducing finale and a pompous dim witted twin goes home with a half a million dollars. 

James deserves to win IMO and after him, Jackie. 

• Love 2

Why is CBS dragging this crap out until after Labor Day? They should have quick double evictions to a fast final three. How obvious is it that final 3 will be Austin, Liz and Julia? 

We get the usual anger inducing finale and a pompous dim witted twin goes home with a half a million dollars. 

It will all be worth it if the Final 3 is Austwins and Liz wins HoH and sends him packing.

• Love 4

Jackie? The same Jackie who left the house still wondering why the Dark Moon alliance didn't work out, the same Jackie who thought Vanessa brainwashed Steve to nominated and evict her?

Everyone left in the house, except for Meg and John (IMO), could be argued as "deserving" to win, should they make it to the Final 2.

• Love 6

Interesting thing to consider, Vanessa told the twins she wants Steve gone before James. I don't think that's actually true, but I do think she's preparing for the possibility that John wins the veto. Austin and the Twins want to make sure they split up John and Steve this week and they want to keep their deal with James and Meg. So Vanessa's preparing an argument that it would be easier and less bloody to get rid of Steve this week than her.

I think this could be true. I think Steve showed her too clearly that he was on to her game and either didn't care if she was opted out or actually wanted her out. She may not be sure which, but either way, she has reason to want him gone.

ETA: funniest thing Austin has ever said. "I have a great witty sense of humor."

Edited by Stinamaia
  • Love 5

Steve and JMac seem super nervous and jumpy after veto players were picked. They were both pacing around, and Steve did some of his patented talking-to-myself stuff, but I couldn't understand what he was saying. Then, he went to JMac and told him he thinks things have changed and one of them is the target, and they have to win veto. And that Steve has thrown most every comp he's been in, but now that phase is over for him. LOL okay Steve. I know he's thrown a few, but he hasn't thrown everything. 

He also told John that since they're both on the block together, maybe it means they aren't as close to the Austwins as they think they are. Finally, someone has bought a clue.

ETA: It looks like Vanessa is drinking an energy drink. I don't know if that's a great idea for her (or anyone who has ADHD?). Both before a comp and just in general. The opposite of an energy drink is what she needs. Some sleepytime tea maybe.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 7

Well, the twins and Meg won't be hosting a cooking show any time soon. One of the twins (I think it's Liz, I'm busy knitting while listening to the feeds) is making cookies from scratch, probably from the back of the chocolate chip bag. There was a question about the difference between baking soda and baking powder and does it really matter which you use? They decided that baking powder and baking soda can be used interchangeably. I think there may have also been a tablespoon of salt rather than a teaspoon tossed in. Those are going to be interesting cookies.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 10

Steve thinks there's something going on with the Austwins and Meg/James. JMac doesn't buy it and says they can trust them. He's officially worse than Meg. At least she is openly worried James could go up if the veto is used.

• Love 6

Julia said she was sad that she didn't get to play in OTEV, that she had been looking forward to it pre-season. Julia is also the one who couldn't figure out that OTEV backwards spells VETO and was 100% certain that it was a HoH comp. They have to be playing up this dumb blonde thing, right? 

Well, at least one of the twins didn't know what being on the right politically meant, and neither knew that TLC was an acronym for The Learning Channel. 

• Love 1

Yeah, John blows. What I find especially annoying is that production is pushing for Steve to go (Liz said production was about to tell her something sketchy about Steve before they went to fish) and John is probably benefiting more than anybody from production rigging. I get the hate for Austin but I would legitimately want anybody over John to win this season. He's a complete fabrication of a player. 

Edited by loki567
  • Love 9

I don't know what crawled up Austin's ass and died today but he is hilariously butthurt and pouty. I wonder if it's because Johnny Mac was in the HoH room cockblocking the HoH King and Queen earlier today. 

• Love 12

I don't know what crawled up Austin's ass and died today but he is hilariously butthurt and pouty. I wonder if it's because Johnny Mac was in the HoH room cockblocking the HoH King and Queen earlier today. 

Okay, this is hysterical. 

• Love 1

Everyone left in the house, except for Meg and John (IMO), could be argued as "deserving" to win, should they make it to the Final 2.

I agree. And I would put Meg above John because at least her social game is good. 

Steve thinks there's something going on with the Austwins and Meg/James. JMac doesn't buy it and says they can trust them. He's officially worse than Meg. At least she is openly worried James could go up if the veto is used.

There is no hope for this boy.

• Love 2

Bored, wondering who Liz would vote out if Julia and Austin somehow, wonderfully were on the block together. Thoughts?

Austin easily. Her DRs are always focused on getting "my sister and I" safety. And not only the twin thing, but just on a game level, choosing Julia over Austin is better for Liz, because Austin is more of a comp threat and has more *blood on his hands* game moves that jurors like to vote for.

I don't care if she actually likes him now or is pretending to in order to save face, but even if she was in LOVE with him (like he claims to be with her), there is no bloody chance in hell that Liz would ever choose Austin over Julia in this game (or any other time, not that I expect them to have a post-game relationship anyway). I just want her to be faced with this scenario because I believe that Austin is just delusional enough to believe there's a chance she would. He would totally campaign, and probably throw Julia under the bus. This would give Liz the perfect out with his gross ass and I think she would take it in a heartbeat.

As for Johnny Mac, he really is so hilariously bad at this game. In the beginning I liked him - his DRs were funny (not so much now, I think he's trying too hard because production has told him/hinted that he is popular) and I did think he was playing a pretty decent social game. He threw 2 BoBs to try and gain favor from the HOH (Shelli, and by extention Clay) but never tried to cash in on those favors. All he did was whine and mope and mourn Clay when he was gone. What? I thought his laying low and being friendly and non-threatening was a strategy and he would be able to then take those personal relationships he forged and turn them into alliances later on, start winning comps when his ass wasn't on the line, etc. Turns out, he really never had any real personal connections with anyone (hard when you speak like you're comatose unless you are in the DR) and actually thinks that with eight people left they would all THROW HIM HOH and that he shouldn't try to win veto because he's safe. Honey, NO. Steve, for all his own game related shortcomings, sees the truth and has apparently tried to explain this to John, but he still doesn't get it. And if he won't listen to his number one ally and literally refuses to even pay attention to his surroundings most of the time, there is NO HOPE for him. None. And he's supposed to be a superfan? Not that they all turn out to be great players (hi Jason!) but JMac is way more clueless about the game than the recruits. 

Zingbot veto is usually a puzzle type thing, right? I think there's no way Steve doesn't win. He tries when he's on the block. Maybe Vanessa but there is no way an Austwin wins something like that. No need to even speculate about Meg. 

• Love 3

Nah, Austin has said multiple times that he knows Liz and Julia will keep each other and that he doesn't have a chance if it came down to him and a twin. Of course, the last time I heard this was before Liz was as into the showmance as he was, but I think he has a proper read on that situation. 

The baking powder/baking soda/lots of salt cookies are in the oven. I'm really interested in seeing how they came out. I was cringing when Liz was making them and going over my own recipe in my head to see how different they were. They're still debating the baking powder/baking soda thing.

Edited by Callaphera