Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

(edited)

"I feel like she (Heather) is inside of me."

Ummm that sounds like to me Bethenny sees a lot of herself in Heather!

Bethenny is so ridiculous and has a million and one excuses why shes such a mile a minute . Then she does a toast but dont want attention. Ok Bethenny what happened to the wall you wanted up!

Nene-leakes-laughs-fired-rumor-0510-1.gi

Least Dorinda saw through Heather's intentions in her TH.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 4
(edited)

Yikes. So the dinner party continues, and it seemed like it got better for a split second, and then it got worse. Bethenny rambles on about not wanting to be in the spotlight, which is such bullshit (hello...you signed up to do a reality show), but that's another subject. What really bothered me is how she created the whole scene, and then when everyone sits down, it's natural for people in two's to sort of whisper about what just happened, but she yells across the table at Heather and LuAnn to stop talking about her! Jesus, girl, get a grip. Even worse was when she later misrepresented this - she made fun of Heather for being two-faced and making a snide remark about her to her husband, when it was LuAnn who turned to Heather and simply asked what happened. Heather just sat down and tried to regroup! I think Bethenny is paranoid and totally not used to getting cast in an unflattering light.

The bottom line is - Bethenny just doesn't like Heather, period. The apology was nice, but certainly not genuine - at least in terms of saying she wanted to get to know her.

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 14
(edited)

Wow. That was nuts. I was shocked that Beth suddenly wanted to give Heather a hug and tried to apologize. So shocked that I wondered if they totally reshot the scene (months later) after realizing so many viewers were reacting poorly to Beth's behavior this season. It was such a huge shift in Beth's attitude.

But LuAnn initiated the discussion with Heather immediately after, yet Beth treated it as if Heather had been the instigator.

Are we not allowed to snark on the housewives' children? Because I don't know if it was the camera lens or the lighting; Avery kind of looked like a drag queen.

Dorinda is pretty level-headed and cool. She doesn't always treat the staff well, but I like her a lot. Although I agree with the poster who believes that she has suffered so much that she is settling a little bit, with John. She deserves someone who is sensitive and compassionate--as John is, when Dorinda is grieving about Richard. But also someone who respects her enough not to leer at her friends.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 4

Yikes. So the dinner party continues, and it seemed like it got better for a split second, and then it got worse. Bethenny rambles on about not wanting to be in the spotlight, which is such bullshit (hello...you signed up to do a reality show), but that's another subject. What really bothered me is how she created the whole scene, and then when everyone sits down, it's natural for people in two's to sort of whisper about what just happened, but she yells across the table at Heather and LuAnn to stop talking about her! Jesus, girl, get a grip. Even worse was when she later misrepresented this - she made fun of Heather for being two-faced and making a snide remark about her to her husband, when it was LuAnn who turned to Heather and simply asked what happened. Heather just sat down and tried to regroup! I think Bethenny is paranoid and totally not used to getting cast in an unflattering light.

Oh my ears. Beth truly defines the term "caw". Also "shrieking harpy".

What is up with Moaner's weird need to constantly hug and kiss her friends and then crawl into their laps? Endless. Make a toast kiss kiss kiss. Make a joke kiss kiss kiss. Share your feelings let me sit on you. And then kiss kiss kiss. Good grief.

• Love 7

What is up with Moaner's weird need to constantly hug and kiss her friends and then crawl into their laps? Endless. Make a toast kiss kiss kiss. Make a joke kiss kiss kiss. Share your feelings let me sit on you. And then kiss kiss kiss. Good grief.

I keep getting the feeling that this is a competition between her and LuAnn and she is marking her territory each time she does it with Dorinda. LuAnn gets up and makes a toast to Dorinda saying nice things about her and then Ramona gets up and her toast starts with reminding Dorinda how long they have known each other. LOL

• Love 13

Wow. That was nuts. I was shocked that Beth suddenly wanted to give Heather a hug and tried to apologize. So shocked that I wondered if they totally reshot the scene (months later) after realizing so many viewers were reacting poorly to Beth's behavior this season. It was such a huge shift in Beth's attitude.

But LuAnn initiated the discussion with Heather immediately after, yet Beth treated it as if Heather had been the instigator.

Are we not allowed to snark on the housewives' children? Because I don't know if it was the camera lens or the lighting; Avery kind of looked like a drag queen.

Dorinda is pretty level-headed and cool. She doesn't always treat the staff well, but I like her a lot. Although I agree with the poster who believes that she has suffered so much that she is settling a little bit, with John. She deserves someone who is sensitive and compassionate--as John is, when Dorinda is grieving about Richard. But also someone who respects her enough not to leer at her friends.

It's not outside the realm of possibility that B, seeing H's tears, reassessed her behavior without help from the public. And wanted shit to end already.

• Love 14
(edited)

People freak out when they see a strong person cry. When Bethenny saw that she made tough guy Heather cry she knew she had to do damage control.

I mean look at all the guff she got for making Jason cry all the time.

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 5
(edited)

It's not outside the realm of possibility that B, seeing H's tears, reassessed her behavior without help from the public. And wanted shit to end already.

I think it is possible that Bethenny finally realized that Heather did not have nefarious intentions towards her, at least I hope so.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 5

First Beth makes Sonja cry at Ramona's Birthday dinner and now she makes Heather cry at Dorinda's Birthday dinner.  I think she freaked out after she realized that she was coming off horribly and gave Heather an awkward hug, but then talked crap about her as soon as she left the room. What happened next at Dorinda's?  Did Beth throw even more diva behavior and Bravo edited it out? Sorry for bad grammar I haven't had my Starbucks, yet.

• Love 5

Booze.  Both Ramona and Sonja get sloppy when they drink.

Beth admitting that she fake made up with Heather but is annoyed that Heather is acknowledging that it's fake 2 seconds later. 

Countess take off the gloves during the meal. You must have missed that scene in My Fair Lady.

Ramona's date is ... he really seems like he's on the make.  Are these the choices?  Dorinda's guy, this dude or Harry?  No wonder the other women are picking up pirates and foreign exchange students.

Ramona's advice to Avery - priority is chatting up a cute boy versus doing school work.  Don't you want Avery to be successful?  Why push her for the MRS degree?  It's like Ramona thought that sounded cute.

Ugh.

• Love 4
(edited)

Booze. Both Ramona and Sonja get sloppy when they drink.

Beth admitting that she fake made up with Heather but is annoyed that Heather is acknowledging that it's fake 2 seconds later.

Countess take off the gloves during the meal. You must have missed that scene in My Fair Lady.

Ramona's date is ... he really seems like he's on the make. Are these the choices? Dorinda's guy, this dude or Harry? No wonder the other women are picking up pirates and foreign exchange students.

Ramona's advice to Avery - priority is chatting up a cute boy versus doing school work. Don't you want Avery to be successful? Why push her for the MRS degree? It's like Ramona thought that sounded cute.

Ugh.

Watching Ramona with Avery, reminded me of the scene in the second season, when Ramona reads about Jill talking to Cindy Adams about Simon.

I know it was a set up scene so R could laugh about Jill/Alex/Simon fight.

I just hated that she filmed it with Avery instead of having lunch with a friend.

I felt the similar dislike in the sneak peek that she has this scene with Avery just to mention that Mario is pursuing her, or whatever she calls it.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3

They did seem to bounce into two cliques as soon as the dinner was over. Dorito, Heather and Kristen went to light the fire and the rest of the old guard stayed to hear Bethenny bitch. I don't remember where Carole was. She must have been changing into her bear suit.

• Love 3

They did seem to bounce into two cliques as soon as the dinner was over. Dorito, Heather and Kristen went to light the fire and the rest of the old guard stayed to hear Bethenny bitch. I don't remember where Carole was. She must have been changing into her bear suit.

Oh I would love it if Carole brought back the bear suit! Only I want her to just causally wear it around Manor Purple Couch without anyone ever saying a thing about it. This season could use some Hotel New Hampshire.

• Love 2

...Mario is pursuing her, or whatever she calls it.

You gotta hand it to Mario, his pursuit game is subtle (with the dating other women and all)

• Love 20

Beth holding court while not wanting attention lol.
  • Love 10

Beth holding court while not wanting attention lol.

And giving a toast, yet not wanting attention.

She returned to the show primarily for attention! For herself, probably, but most certainly for Skinnygirl. How does she think she can get away with that "I've had too much focus on me" speech?

• Love 9

And giving a toast, yet not wanting attention.

She returned to the show primarily for attention! For herself, probably, but most certainly for Skinnygirl. How does she think she can get away with that "I've had too much focus on me" speech?

I'm one of the few people here that likes Bethenny and she really lost me on this one. I'm trying to figure out how that convo with Andy went down. If she was supposedly pitching her own show, how the hell was she not going to be the focus of attention? And I'm thinking Andy didn't agree to her becoming wallpaper on RHNY. This just doesn't compute. You don't sign up (again) for a reality show and hope no one notices you in the room. Seriously scratching my head over this one.
  • Love 8

I guess I'm also one of the few who can tolerate Bethenny (but still realizes that she has some major issues). My take on her not wanting to be the center of attention, but yet giving a toast is that that kind of attention is her giving it to someone else (i.e., Dorinda in this instance).  I think she's fine being upfront, in your face, loud, etc., as long as no one makes her feel like she's in a tiny holding cell with a cop shining a light in her face while he breathes 20 questions down her neck.  I think that's how she feels Heather is treating her.  May not make sense to some, but honestly, I can understand that.  I can be happy and outgoing at a party, engaged in a million conversations about others, but as soon as people start asking me personal questions, I get a bit uncomfortable and try to shift the conversations/attention back on to others.

• Love 24

I think she's fine being upfront, in your face, loud, etc., as long as no one makes her feel like she's in a tiny holding cell with a cop shining a light in her face while he breathes 20 questions down her neck.  I think that's how she feels Heather is treating her.  May not make sense to some, but honestly, I can understand that.

I was trying to figure out why the Heather stuff felt different.  I think it is Heather's delivery.  A complete stranger, Peter, asked if he was being roasted and Heather feigned surprise because she was just getting to know you.  Toasting is part of the party.  Laughing and talking with your dinner companions is part of the party.  Having questions, demands, corrections to behavior is being the target of a very bossy lady.

• Love 11

I'm one of the few people here that likes Bethenny and she really lost me on this one. I'm trying to figure out how that convo with Andy went down. If she was supposedly pitching her own show, how the hell was she not going to be the focus of attention?

I think she's fine being upfront, in your face, loud, etc., as long as no one makes her feel like she's in a tiny holding cell with a cop shining a light in her face while he breathes 20 questions down her neck.

I think you're exactly right, but my take isn't as sympathetic as yours, because I see it as a form of control. It's not just about discomfort at having to talk about yourself, because she obviously wouldn't have filmed a therapy session if this was an issue. She's fine talking about herself so long as she's controlling the narrative, ie. in her TH's, in therapy, with her stepfather, with a shell-shocked realtor and Carole when she bursts into tears and then explains why. But look how she reacts when someone asks questions she doesn't want to answer, or challenges her on stuff (Heather and the therapist). Not well. Either it's a yawn, or tears, or attacking your credentials, or "get off my jock."

• Love 24
(edited)

I'm one of the few people here that likes Bethenny and she really lost me on this one. I'm trying to figure out how that convo with Andy went down. If she was supposedly pitching her own show, how the hell was she not going to be the focus of attention? And I'm thinking Andy didn't agree to her becoming wallpaper on RHNY. This just doesn't compute. You don't sign up (again) for a reality show and hope no one notices you in the room. Seriously scratching my head over this one.

This is one of the reasons Beth is annoying, I can completely agree that all these women are seeking attention everyone of them, by being on this show alone. Beth makes herself the center of every conversation. With Ramona, Carole even Sonja it always goes back to Beth.

So then to say she doesn't want it, is ridiculous, ok so some can say oh this kind attention , but not this kind. By signing up for the show don't they give up the real ability to choose what kind of attention they get. It all isn't going to toasts and laughs.

It's sometimes going to be conversation you don't want to have and you want to snore through or catching you with a pirate or even while your life is crumbling but you're to delusional to except it.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 9

Bethenny is busy, busy, busy. Taking care of her child, building a business, doing personal appearances, writing books. She's exhausted. Well, the answer is slow down! She has the money. Don't "write" the next book at this moment, or don't spend so much time with your ghost-writer, or the editor who is rehashing your old book into a new one. Any honey, loads of single parents work and parent their child, even with way less money and help than you have.

What an idiot.

• Love 20

I think it is possible that Bethenny finally realized that Heather did not have nefarious intentions towards her, at least I hope so.

Except she then proceeds to tell Heather and Luann to stop talking about her after they all sit back down.  I would have told her STFU at that point.

I was trying to figure out why the Heather stuff felt different.  I think it is Heather's delivery.  A complete stranger, Peter, asked if he was being roasted and Heather feigned surprise because she was just getting to know you.  Toasting is part of the party.  Laughing and talking with your dinner companions is part of the party.  Having questions, demands, corrections to behavior is being the target of a very bossy lady.

I have the same manner as Heather of asking a person alot of questions when I first meet them.  I don't deliver them quite the way Heather does, but I wonder if they feel like they are being roasted too!  It's pretty funny because I get uncomfortable talking about myself so I throw it on to them.

• Love 8

I keep getting the feeling that this is a competition between her and LuAnn and she is marking her territory each time she does it with Dorinda. LuAnn gets up and makes a toast to Dorinda saying nice things about her and then Ramona gets up and her toast starts with reminding Dorinda how long they have known each other. LOL

Kind of like the competing toasts between Helen and Annie in Bridesmaids.

• Love 6

Bethenny is busy, busy, busy. Taking care of her child, building a business, doing personal appearances, writing books. She's exhausted. Well, the answer is slow down! She has the money. Don't "write" the next book at this moment, or don't spend so much time with your ghost-writer, or the editor who is rehashing your old book into a new one. Any honey, loads of single parents work and parent their child, even with way less money and help than you have.

What an idiot.

And don't sign up for a reality show....

Please pay attention to me. Don’t pay attention to me.  She must be exhausted.  I'm exhausted trying to comprehend what's she saying.

• Love 9

Oh yeah, the editors were busy once again with inserting Heather shots during the last part of the dinner.  Lu gets up to make a toast.  Johnathan is sitting next to her where Heather was sitting earlier.  Insert clip of Heather but, here she is to the right of Johnathon.  Back to Lu.  Johnathan is seating next to Lu again and Heather isn't there.  That's because she was at the other end of the table.  And a few minutes later there's another clip of Heather making a face at something.  Problem is that you can see Lu's arm.  But Heather wasn't next to Lu at that point.  She was at the other end of the table with Kristen. 

• Love 9

Kind of like the competing toasts between Helen and Annie in Bridesmaids.

Ha Ha- I was thinking the exact same thing.
  • Love 7

Oh yeah, the editors were busy once again with inserting Heather shots during the last part of the dinner.  Lu gets up to make a toast.  Johnathan is sitting next to her where Heather was sitting earlier.  Insert clip of Heather but, here she is to the right of Johnathon.  Back to Lu.  Johnathan is seating next to Lu again and Heather isn't there.  That's because she was at the other end of the table.  And a few minutes later there's another clip of Heather making a face at something.  Problem is that you can see Lu's arm.  But Heather wasn't next to Lu at that point.  She was at the other end of the table with Kristen. 

Yep, I'm guessing that what we see is MAYBE 10% real.  It's a cut-and-pasted storyline.  We're suckers!

• Love 4
(edited)

And don't sign up for a reality show....

Please pay attention to me. Don’t pay attention to me. She must be exhausted. I'm exhausted trying to comprehend what's she saying.

It's like Eileen Davidson but more annoying

eileen1.gif?w=400&h=225

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 9

This first look was interesting. We got to see the real difference between Heather and Beth in this one clip. Heather goes over to try and take Beth away to work things out, and Beth is simply horrified and pushes her away. Not a few minutes later (although maybe it was an hour - who knows with the editing), Beth is up and insisting that Heather share a hug. Heather didn't push Beth away, which would have been huge. She just accepted the gesture. 

• Love 10
Dorinda's birthday dinner takes a sour turn when Bethenny and Heather have a screaming showdown, capping a conflict-packed Berkshire weekend. Also: Ramona hopes to connect with Avery; and drama surrounds Bethenny at Ramona's party at her new sports bar.
  • Love 1

This first look was interesting. We got to see the real difference between Heather and Beth in this one clip. Heather goes over to try and take Beth away to work things out, and Beth is simply horrified and pushes her away. Not a few minutes later (although maybe it was an hour - who knows with the editing), Beth is up and insisting that Heather share a hug. Heather didn't push Beth away, which would have been huge. She just accepted the gesture.

Bethenny actually uttered the words "I want to get to know you," which to me, is 100% phony (but I think you may disagree?). But then Heather said the smartest thing she could have: "I'll wait for you to come forward." Finally! Heather can stop trying so hard. Or maybe she thought Bethenny was being disingenuous, too, so it puts the onus on the B?!

• Love 6
(edited)

Bethenny actually uttered the words "I want to get to know you," which to me, is 100% phony (but I think you may disagree?). But then Heather said the smartest thing she could have: "I'll wait for you to come forward." Finally! Heather can stop trying so hard. Or maybe she thought Bethenny was being disingenuous, too, so it puts the onus on the B?!

I thought it was so interesting because it's like the balance of power shifted (which sounds overly dramatic, I realize). It looked like Heather had been the one trying to forge some type of bond and being rejected, which gave Beth power she didn't deserve, but then it is Beth who ends up coming over to make a gesture and try to make amends, which Heather accepts (because IMO she is the better person). But now Heather is the one being guarded about any type of relationship, while Beth is basically saying "let's work on this". Heather basically let Beth know she isn't going to put up with all that shit anymore, which puts her in an entirely different position than the one she was in when she came. I think this relationship has the potential to be very interesting. I honestly don't care if they are ever friends, I just don't like the way Beth seems to be so dismissing of Heather. Like she is a dumb twit that is not deserving of any respect from Beth. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 10

. I think this relationship has the potential to be very interesting. I honestly don't care if they are ever friends, I just don't like the way Beth seems to be so dismissing of Heather. Like she is a dumb twit that is not deserving of any respect from Beth.

Holla. Which is why the MSNBC Shark Tank show quip/dismissal bothered me so much, and I'll probably keep referencing it until the end of the season. She doesn't have to like her, but to be so dismissive is just friggin rude and unkind.

• Love 13
(edited)

Holla. Which is why the MSNBC Shark Tank show quip/dismissal bothered me so much, and I'll probably keep referencing it until the end of the season. She doesn't have to like her, but to be so dismissive is just friggin rude and unkind.

Thank you for mentioning it, it is a perfect example of Beth being rude for no reason.

I feel the same way Beth doesn't have to like Heather but why so damn rude. And the msnbc show was way before big bad Heather tried to wrestler Beth to the ground to feed her or before Heather tied Beth down to a chair and made her spill every detail about the divorce and custody issue and grilled her about how much Jason cried after sex... I mean uh nevermind, lol Holla!

It is Beth dismissive attitude towards the other women that annoys me. Beth you're no better than anyone else mother fucker! There I said it, so Heather doesn't have to.

Sorry it's been one of those days

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 13

Thank you for mentioning it, it is a perfect example of Beth being rude for no reason.

I feel the same way Beth doesn't have to like Heather but why so damn rude. And the msnbc show was way before big bad Heather tried to wrestler Beth to the ground to feed her or before Heather tied Beth down to a chair and made her spill every detail about the divorce and custody issue and grilled her about how much Jason cried after sex... I mean uh nevermind, lol Holla!

It's seeded in jealousy. A businesswoman giving entrepreneurial advice to folks starting a business on a tv show? That's Bethenny's gig!

• Love 7

I don't know where to properly post this in the NY thread but after watching RHOC, NY really needs more husbands or significant others.  It also needs less houswives.  A big part of these shows over the years have been those relationships. 

Yeah, I can understand that the producers have a problem with housewives that started out married and then separated or divorced but the show but it's really put a hole in the concept and it's really showing in the NY franchise.  JMO.

• Love 5

I think dorinda is a good addition due to the fact that she knows Ramona and Luann...is in a ltr and has a grown daughter to.interact with. Hence why she gets a lot of individual scenes.

Heather is married plus has.a.business... but maybe she doesn't want to film with her kids due to her sons medical condition too.much?

Kristen..well we already saw her scenes from a marriage story last season..and as we can see...she has.nothing else to offer.

• Love 2

I think dorinda is a good addition due to the fact that she knows Ramona and Luann...is in a ltr and has a grown daughter to.interact with. Hence why she gets a lot of individual scenes.

Heather is married plus has.a.business... but maybe she doesn't want to film with her kids due to her sons medical condition too.much?

Kristen..well we already saw her scenes from a marriage story last season..and as we can see...she has.nothing else to offer.

I could be totally wrong but I think that after how bad Josh came across last season, he doesn't want to be a part of the show anymore.  I do think Dorinda (so far) has been a good addition and at least she does have a significant other.  So, only three of the housewives have a relationship going on.  I think it hurts the show.

As for Heather, who knows.  IMO, she's getting a really bad edit this season.  Jonathon never was featured too much.  And yes, maybe she doesn't want to film with her son because of his medical condition or then again, maybe he doesn't want to be on camera.  Which I can understand since he's getting a little older.

• Love 4

I could be totally wrong but I think that after how bad Josh came across last season, he doesn't want to be a part of the show anymore.  I do think Dorinda (so far) has been a good addition and at least she does have a significant other.  So, only three of the housewives have a relationship going on.  I think it hurts the show.

As for Heather, who knows.  IMO, she's getting a really bad edit this season.  Jonathon never was featured too much.  And yes, maybe she doesn't want to film with her son because of his medical condition or then again, maybe he doesn't want to be on camera.  Which I can understand since he's getting a little older.

I am sure that Heather has to be careful with having too many people around Jax. The medication that he has to take in order to stave off donor organ rejection can/does leave the body's immune system weaker and vulnerable to anything/everything, which can have dire consequences for him. Filming him would be risky, especially indoors as opposed to outside like we saw him last season and since they filmed in the winter, filming outside would depend on the weather and his current health status.

• Love 3

I don't know where to properly post this in the NY thread but after watching RHOC, NY really needs more husbands or significant others.  It also needs less houswives.  A big part of these shows over the years have been those relationships. 

Yeah, I can understand that the producers have a problem with housewives that started out married and then separated or divorced but the show but it's really put a hole in the concept and it's really showing in the NY franchise.  JMO.

I totally disagree. I'd much rather see these mostly happy-go-lucky, more sophisticated women in fab new york than the depressed and ostentatious women of the OC: OC Heather spent the whole episode boasting about that tacky house; Tamra got yet another boob change (who cares?) and is about to become a grandmother who has to help support her stupid son; Shannon is depressed and depressing as all fuck; Vicki and Brooks are dull and maybe dealing with cancer; the new chick is in a doomed marriage to a dismissive husband. What's to love? 

• Love 8