Type keyword(s) to search

The NBA

xaxat
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, roamyn said:

Absolutely disgraceful. Kyrie said something truthful about that clown opening his mouth and hurting his son's chance, and this is the shit he spews back. I feel sorry for Lonzo- I wonder how him and his mom deal with this egomaniac every day. The media needs to stop giving him a platform.

• Love 3
On 5/20/2017 at 2:47 PM, xaxat said:

KD might have been the most obvious in his move, but I don't think he started the trend. LeBron did going to Miami.

Seriously? LeBron is not the first player in NBA history to go ring-chasing.

• Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen joined Paul Pierce in Boston to form "The Big 3."
  • Gary Patton, Karl Malone, and later Steve Nash joined the Lakers in hopes of a getting a championship.
  • Charles Barkley left the 76ers and joined the Phoenix Suns and later the Houston Rockets in hopes of winning a championship 
  • and Clyde Drexler, one of my favorite players of all time, requested that the Blazers trade him to the Rockets, a team with championship potential 

--and those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. 

On 5/20/2017 at 11:28 AM, Magog said:

Having the thought of seeing him with Stephen Curry & his smugness

You think Steph is smug? How so? I'm not a fan of his, but it seems like his public persona is this kind-hearted Christian guy who loves his family and won't trash talk players (off the court). Like Ned Flanders with a sweet jumper.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Gurkel said:

You think Steph is smug? How so? I'm not a fan of his, but it seems like his public persona is this kind-hearted Christian guy who loves his family and won't trash talk players (off the court). Like Ned Flanders with a sweet jumper.

Curry appeared rather smug after beating an injury depleted Cavs roster in 2015.  However, after last year I realized he's more cocky than smug.  And cocky can be important to an NBA player - esp one of his slight size, and he's definitely not the only cocky NBA player.  In fact, I'd say LeBron is cocky.

Now Dramon Green & Alicia Curry are smug assholes.

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 1

I am glad that the Celtics pulled out this win. They played scrappy tonight without Isaiah Thomas. Marcus Smart stepped up big time and Avery Bradley was clutch at the end with the 3 to win the game. I am glad this is at least one series before the Finals where there won't be a sweep.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, roamyn said:

That was the worst defensive game the Cavs put on all playoffs, and they looked exhausted.

They better not screw it up Tuesday.

Exactly. And they have no excuse for being exhausted unless went out partying during their sweep weeks. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Props to the Celts. They stepped up, without their best player and broke the Cavs undefeated streak.

Also it's nice to see them earn another home date, hopefully they can put up a fight in Game 4 and more importantly in Game 5 in Boston.

Edited by Maximum Taco
(edited)

That was the worst defensive game the Cavs put on all playoffs, and they looked exhausted.

They better not screw it up Tuesday.

They were doing fine for 2 1/2 Quarters (led by 23 points at one point). Then, they decided to take their foot off the gas pedal & fell flat on their faces. I'm not going to get worked up by this loss & I could careless about the postseason winning streak ending at 13. But, I am not happy about it. I hope that this mess up by the Cavaliers will serve as a wake up call because I know those Warriors were watching the game last night & was definitely laughing the final result. I also know that the Warriors, a lot of people on ESPN, & Skip Bayless were absolutely giddy that the Celtics somehow won last night. The Cavaliers better send the Celtics a message in Game 4 & not mess around like they did in the 2nd half last night. There is no excuse for last night.

At least the Celtics showed some pride last night. I have to give them credit for that. I think the Spurs could learn something from this & show a little bit of pride tonight instead of letting those Warriors giving them another beat down. 

Edited by Magog
  • Love 2
(edited)

But LeBron was no where to be found most of the game.  Kevin had a stellar game, though.

At least The a Tribe swept this weekend.

ETA Skip Baylee's can KMA.  He's the Michael May of BB.  

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 1

Tyron Lue says it is tougher to defend Boston than the Warriors:

"We're just focused on Boston. The stuff they're running, it's harder to defend than Golden State's [offense] for me, as far as the actions and all the running around and all the guys who are making all the plays, so it's a totally different thing"

LOLOL.

• Love 1

Congrats to the Cavs for going back to the finals. It was also a nice accomplishment for LeBron to be the all time leader in scoring in the playoffs.

I am glad that Boston did put up some fight in this series and hopefully they will get better next year. Maybe their pick will end up working out well for them. 

• Love 3

After that game 3 debacle, I'm happy that the Cavaliers took care of business in the last 2 games & got rid of the Celtics. 

Congrats to the Warriors (I guess).  

I'm not looking forward to facing them in the Finals (hopefully), but I hope it's a great series.

Those Warriors saying that they want the Cavaliers again in the Finals. Good. I want them too. I'm actually looking forward to Part 3 of the Cavaliers - Warriors Finals. Unlike the Trail Blazers, Jazz, & the Spurs (after Kwahli Leonard injured his ankle in Game 1), the Cavaliers are not going to lay down like dogs & play dead. It will be an absolute battle & it'll probably go 7, with the Cavaliers winning it again. I want them to put those Stephen Curry fanboys (a lot of them on ESPN) & Skip Bayless in their place. I also want JaVale McGee to have something else to cry about other than being on Shaq'in The Fool.

Maybe, Mike Brown may have to actually do something for a change in the Finals. 

I also hope that Big Baller Brand will watch the NBA Finals & actually show his face at the NBA Finals because that will be the only way that him & his 3 sons will ever get to experience what the NBA Finals is all about up close & personal. I'm certain the Lonzo will never play in one.

Now Dramon Green & Alicia Curry are smug assholes.

I may really hate the Warriors, but for some reason, I kind of like Draymond Green. He's somewhat likable & he's not as irritating as Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, and Kevin Durant. He's the only classy person on that team. 

I don't see the.Cavs winning again.  I don't know why, I just don't.

I don't hate Curry, et al, but Magog is right abt the fawning GS fans.  They're nothing but a bunch of band wagoners.  Not all, of course, but the ones who are pushing for the new arena and buying blocks of seats that keeps out the die hard fans.  The ones throwing $ around, yet would drop out of sight during a losing season.  The ones who thinks three pointers and fancy passes are BB, and who, by their cheering for that kind of show boating, are changing BB for the worse.

I can't see Cleveland winning again this year.  Not with the Warriors having Durant now. 

The one thing in Cleveland's favor is Mike Brown is an the sidelines for the Warriors instead of Kerr. 

I cheer for the Warriors because I live in Charlotte and Curry is from here.  I live 15 minutes from Davidson college. I have no idea what the GS fans are like locally in California.  Not sure what there is not to like about him,  but its sports.  I have a somewhat irrational hatred of Tom Brady, so whatever drives your passion. 

Surely this will be better than what we have seen so far in the playoffs.  This has been the worst first three rounds I recall in many, many years.  Possibly since I started following the NBA. 

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Surely this will be better than what we have seen so far in the playoffs.  This has been the worst first three rounds I recall in many, many years.  Possibly since I started following the NBA. 

I know right?

All I was thinking as the seconds ticked down on the Celts was thank god the first three rounds are over. I don't think I have ever seen a first 3 this noncompetitive and boring.

Finally (pun intended) maybe we can see some basketball.

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Magog said:

I want them to put those Stephen Curry fanboys (a lot of them on ESPN) & Skip Bayless in their place. I also want JaVale McGee to have something else to cry about other than being on Shaq'in The Fool....

I may really hate the Warriors, but for some reason, I kind of like Draymond Green. He's somewhat likable & he's not as irritating as Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, and Kevin Durant. He's the only classy person on that team. 

4 hours ago, roamyn said:

I don't hate Curry, et al, but Magog is right abt the fawning GS fans.  They're nothing but a bunch of band wagoners.  Not all, of course, but the ones who are pushing for the new arena and buying blocks of seats that keeps out the die hard fans.  The ones throwing $ around, yet would drop out of sight during a losing season.  The ones who thinks three pointers and fancy passes are BB, and who, by their cheering for that kind of show boating, are changing BB for the worse.

One big reason I don't like the Warriors is because of the way a lot of their fans act. Especially on places like ESPN.com. All year long many of them have acted obnoxious on sites like that and have trolled different teams game threads. They were especially terrible in the OKC threads, where they were constantly attacking Russell Westbrook. The OKC threads looked more like Russell Westbrook bash fest threads than threads used to discuss basketball games. They chased away a lot of OKC fans on those threads doing that.  They have also attacked and trolled the Spurs, their fans and other fanbases. And some of them do not really understand basketball and make some ridiculous statements about it and different players. It's not all Warriors fans but it's way too many of them and it has had a negative effect on how other basketball fans view the Warriors.

Regarding how the Cavs may fare against them, I had stated earlier that I think that the Cavs can beat them and I think they still can. Though it make a take a tough 7 game series to do it. The Warriors haven't really been challenged by anyone in these playoffs. Nobody has been able to hang with them offensively and defensively. The Cavs have had their struggles defensively, but at least they can hang with GS in scoring. I don't think that  GS is going to run over the Cavs like they have other teams in these playoffs.  They need to try and contain Kevin Durant as much as they can. I know that the Warriors have a lot of weapons but KD is their most dangerous one because he is so efficient.  

They need to try and deal with him as best as they can (and do what they can with other GS players).. Steph has played well so far in these playoffs but he has struggled in the last two finals. Klay has been quieter in these playoffs, especially the Spurs series, so I wonder what will happen with him. The Cavs need to take a page out of OKC and the Spurs playbook when they didn't let Houston dominate them from the 3pt line in these playoffs. Those teams got physical with the Rockets and it helped them out. They also need to try and take a page out of the Celtics book by trying to run GS off of the 3 pt line. They need to try and prevent GS from bombarding them with 3s. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 3
(edited)

The Cavs play a rough & tough physical game, already.  Even the hater Skip Bayless last year said the Cavs played football-basketball, whereas the Warriors are generally a more finess type of ball.  However, with addition of KD, they are playing more physical this playoffs.

one thing that might be beneficial to the Cavs is if Mike Brown coaches over on the the GS side.

Kevin Love (hopefully) not being hurt can be a great plus to the .  He didn't play in 2015, had a concussion in 2016, and has really come into his own with the team this year - esp these playoffs.  He was the reason the Cavs were up in the first half of G3 over the Celtics, but then I could seebhe was getting exhausted.  As long as they manage his minutes well, he could be a Series changer, with all his abilities all over the floor.

One thing people seem to be forgetting abt the Warriors, is that they were down by 20+ in the first game against the Spurs, before Leonard went out.  As long as the Cavs can find this formula, then I think they have a chance.

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 2

I'm picking Warriors in 6.

It's hilarious to hear how the Warriors fans are so smug and why people don't like them as a team because of their fans;   pick any NBA team, oh I dunno, let's pick the Cavaliers, why not, and you'll find a truckload of people who claim not to like them because of their fans....and the bandwagon fans who are with them now because they are winning...too funny.

• Love 3

I will never ever root for LeBron on the court but off the court I absolutely one thousand per cent support him.

People are fucking trash and what happened to one of his homes is disgusting.  I hope they catch the vandal and lock him up forever.

• Love 9
(edited)

Watching Lebron's conference while he was talking about the vandalism made me so sad. He's right- no matter how much money they have or fame, some people don't consider blacks equal and it's freaking 2017. Racism will always be a part of America. It's disheartening, especially since Brentwood and the surrounding areas are pretty liberal. I hope they find these jerks.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, twoods said:

Watching Lebron's conference while he was talking about the vandalism made me so sad. He's right- no matter how much money they have or fame, some people don't consider blacks equal and it's freaking 2017. Racism will always be a part of America. It's disheartening, especially since Brentwood and the surrounding areas are pretty liberal. I hope they find these jerks.

You'd be surprised though. I was raised in a very wealthy suburb of Liberal Boston and I had neighbors who wouldn't think twice of voting for Obama, but would flip out if a black person moved into their neighborhood. It's a weird dynamic, but very real. 

I'm not a LeBron fan, but what happened at his home was awful and he certainly didn't deserve that.

• Love 6
(edited)

I hope that the Cavs play better in Game 2 and that this doesn't end up being a painful and short series for them. They really didn't have any answer for Kevin Durant tonight. He was getting just about all the shots he wanted. Steph also played well and the Warriors managed to win by 20 points without Klay/Draymond scoring that much, (even though they played solid on defense.) I hope that the Cavs have a better game plan for dealing with them in Game 2. They definitely need to try and limit the turnovers. They had way too many of them tonight. They can't afford that many turnovers especially with the way that Golden State is playing. Hopefully other players outside of LeBron will step up and play well. Hardly anyone outside of him really had a good game tonight. They need some other players to have big games in order for them to make this series competitive/have a chance.

Edited by Jx223

I hope the Cavaliers play better in game 2 because tonight was pretty horrible. Durant was running wild & making shots at ease (38 points). Curry was also making his shots & mocking us while doing it. Even that loser Javale McGee helped out a lot. I thought the Cavaliers was still in it till they can't hit anything in the first 4 minutes of the 3rd Quarter. After that, it was basically over. We also need to stop with the turnovers. That certainly didn't help.

Overall, I'm not going to panic because of tonight. But, the Cavaliers need to be way better than they were tonight. It would also help if they weren't shooting brick after brick like they were tonight. 

• Love 1

I enjoyed the game, the 3rd quarter was great. Laughed at Curry's high kick. 

Hopefully all the games aren't blowouts (by either team), would like to see closer scoring. 

I think they really won't get blown out anymore.  They need to find a rhythm and holes/weaknesses that can be exploited.  I didn't even watch, as I expected a rout by GS.

Remember they lost last year's G2 by 30, yet still came back to win G3 by 30.

GS won this game on the defensive end in the second half.  Challenging all shots, steals, no easy baskets for the Cavs.  Cleveland is supposed to be the more physical team but GS was the better defensive team. 

That has to change for Cleveland to have any chance.

• Love 1
(edited)

Before the finals began I remember some people saying they didn't think that the the Finals would be more than 5 games. Some were predicting a sweep by the Warriors. I hoped they were wrong and that it would be more competitive.  But now it looks like they may indeed end up being a short series. It might even end up being a sweep. The Cavs just don't have an answer for Golden State. I give LeBron credit for working hard and trying to get the Cavs back into the game. But he hasn't gotten much help. Kevin Love was trying tonight ( and Iman Shumpert was trying to give them a boost as well) but other than that, hardly anyone else really played well.

Kyrie didn't play well in the first half and players JR and Tristian and Kyle Korver weren't doing much of anything.  The Cavs were missing a lot of 3s and layups and also not getting some important rebounds. If someone else doesn't have a big game outside of LeBron and they can't get more going offensively they won't even win a game in this series. Especially since the Warriors are playing so well, especially Steph and KD.  KD really has been playing well on both sides of the ball this series. If the Warriors keep playing like this, I don't think that really anyone will be able to stop them for a while (outside of maybe the Spurs).  

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1
(edited)

This isn't the same as last year. KD just makes the Warriors unfair.

I mean the Warriors had 20 turnovers last night and they STILL won. And they didn't edge out a win in a white knuckle ride, they blew the Cavs away.

I just don't see any way the Cavs can win this series after that game 2. Maybe they can steal a game in Cleveland if LeBron and Kyrie enter God Mode, but that game 2 was a good counter punch by the Cavs and the Warriors just absorbed it and ran them over.

It really feels like the Warriors are going to sweep.

Edited by Maximum Taco

What I'm confused about is how having BOTH teams in the Finals three years in a row means the regular season is meaningless but only having ONE team in the Finals for three years/four years in a row is NOT meaningless for the Eastern Conference.

If Lebron can find a way to help the Cavs win this series vs. a stacked GS team, I will proclaim him better than Jordan.  MJ never faced a team like GS in the finals. 

But I don't see that happening.  GS likely wins this in 4 or 5. 

They came back from 2-0 and 3-1 last year, but that was one game without Green and no KD on the team. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, mojoween said:

What I'm confused about is how having BOTH teams in the Finals three years in a row means the regular season is meaningless but only having ONE team in the Finals for three years/four years in a row is NOT meaningless for the Eastern Conference.

The Eastern Conference has been meaningless aside from Lebron for about 4 years now.  The last Eastern Conference team to take a Lebron led team to a game 7 was the 2013 Pacers. Since then Lebron has gone 12-3, 12-2, 12-2, and 12-0 vs. the Eastern Conference in the playoffs, only getting to Game 6 three times in 12 series.

I told you the Cavs couldn't win this w/KD on the Warriors.  In truth, the Warriors are the 1997 Marlins.  Buying their way to a championship (w/KD).

Also, the Cavs defense has gone into hiding again.  Kyrie has been much quieter, Kyle not living up to his reputation, and Tristan has disappeared.

Also the Warriors weren't pushed to an exhausting 7 game Series in the West Championship.

On another note, the Lakers are reportedly not going to draft Lonzo Ball if the draft were held right now.  They aren't convinced he's their future.

Regarding that, I had a dream that Magic and John Goodman(!) met w/Lonzo to discuss his father, and he couldn't look them in the eye.  My mind is weird.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Maximum Taco said:

I just don't see any way the Cavs can win this series after that game 2. Maybe they can steal a game in Cleveland if LeBron and Kyrie enter God Mode, but that game 2 was a good counter punch by the Cavs and the Warriors just absorbed it and ran them over.

It really feels like the Warriors are going to sweep.

Somebody on the Cavs needs to have like a 40 pt game.  I would like to see more players try and step up and help out offensively in general. I'd like to see (scoring wise) something like:

LeBron: 25+ pts

Kyrie/Kevin Love: 55+ together (Would be really nice if at least one of them could have a really big game or two. Maybe Kyrie will go off in one of the next two games even though Klay Thompson has been doing a good job of defending him)

Kyle Korver/Deron Williams: 20+ together. Korver needs to be making at least 3 Threes's a game. And Deron Williams needs to try and give the Cavs a boost off the bench. 

JR Smith/ Tristian Thompson/Iman Shumpert: At least 20 pts combined. I know they aren't the strongest scoring/offensive options but still scoring 0 points  is not going to cut it.  JR, Tristian, Kyle and Deron have had a game in this series where they haven't scored any points. Cavs can't win like that. Richard Jefferson/Channing Frye/bench players need to do what they can to help out as well.

I know GS is an excellent defensive team but I would like to see more of the Cavs players show up and do more offensively. In addition to trying to do more defensively. I read a report that Shumpert may start next game which might help the Cavs out with their defense.

Edited by Jx223

Game 2 was pretty similar to Game 1. Close at the half. Then, the Cavs getting their doors blown off in the 3rd Quarter. The game was over by the end of the 3rd quarter. The Cavaliers kept bricking shot after shot & the defense in the 2nd half was no where to be found again. It was downright stomach-turning & I almost threw up with the game ended. I'm sure that the people on ESPN are loving this. Their "favorite team" (next to the Lakers, Celtics, Cowboys, Patriots, Red Sox, Yankees) are giving the defending champions an ass whooping, their "aw shucks" golden boy (Stephen Curry) showing his usual smugness & kicking ass, & their other favorite (Kevin Durant) is just making a mockery of the Cavaliers defense. 

Game 1 felt like getting punched in the face. Game 2 felt like getting kicked in the face. Watching Durant & Curry making their shots at ease & basically really making the Cavaliers look bad makes me sick. I'm trying to put a happy face about upcoming Game 3 other than what happened last year. But, I still haven't found anything 12 hours later.

If the Warriors keep playing like this, I don't think that really anyone will be able to stop them for a while (outside of maybe the Spurs). 

I don't think even the Spurs have a chance of stopping them. Even if Chris Paul somehow ends up there, they're still going to lose to those Warriors. 

On another note, the Lakers are reportedly not going to draft Lonzo Ball if the draft were held right now.  They aren't convinced he's their future.

Regarding that, I had a dream that Magic and John Goodman(!) met w/Lonzo to discuss his father, and he couldn't look them in the eye.  My mind is weird.

I'll believe it when Draft Day comes along. I still think the Lakers will select Big Baller Brand Jr (Lonzo Ball) in the Draft. It sucks that we haven't heard from Big Baller Brand during the Finals. Doesn't he realized that showing his face on ESPN during this NBA Finals would probably be the only chance that he & his sons will be a part of the NBA Finals in any capacity? Because I know that Lonzo Ball (Big Baller Brand Jr) will never lead the Lakers to the NBA Finals.

If they win game 3, I think the chance of going undefeated in the playoffs will be their goal. They can go all out in game 4 and still have a rest/travel day for game 5 anyway. 

(edited)

Do people say that the Warriors might be "buying" their championship because of KD? Because otherwise, Steph and Klay and Draymond have been on the team for a long time (their entire NBA careers) and the Warriors have a lower payroll than the Cavs, right? 

Edited by rippleintime17
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I wonder if the Dubs would prefer to win in four, or to lose one in Cleveland so they can win in front of their home fans.

They're undefeated up to this point, I'm sure they want to continue to go undefeated. The Warriors love making history, 16-0 is much more appealing then winning at home.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, roamyn said:

I think it would be interesting if the Lakers didn't take Lonzo. But I think they probably will end up taking him. I remember reading comments where Magic and Jeanie Buss were defending Lavar. I think they may ultimately decide to go ahead and take Lonzo. 

31 minutes ago, Magog said:

I don't think even the Spurs have a chance of stopping them. Even if Chris Paul somehow ends up there, they're still going to lose to those Warriors. 

I'll believe it when Draft Day comes along. I still think the Lakers will select Big Baller Brand Jr (Lonzo Ball) in the Draft. It sucks that we haven't heard from Big Baller Brand during the Finals. Doesn't he realized that showing his face on ESPN during this NBA Finals would probably be the only chance that he & his sons will be a part of the NBA Finals in any capacity? Because I know that Lonzo Ball (Big Baller Brand Jr) will never lead the Lakers to the NBA Finals.

I think that the Spurs may be the only team that has a shot of beating them, if Kawhi is healthy. They were dominating them in Game 1 of WCF before Kawhi got hurt. But other than the Spurs, I don't know if anyone else can take them. Colin Cowherd/Chris Broussard were discussing what changes they think that the Cavs might make if they lose this series. They were talking about the Cavs possibly trying to go after Paul George of Jimmy Butler. I'm not sure what the Cavs will do if they lose this series.

I do think that it won't be enjoyable to watch if they keep meeting up in the Finals with the Warriors AND the Warriors just dominate them for the next few years. (As well as watching the Warriors wrecking havoc over the entire league.) Maybe some interesting things will happen to make things more competitive in the league. (like maybe one of these younger NBA teams with some talent start clicking).

Edited by Jx223
1 hour ago, roamyn said:

I'll join you in that weirdness because I would love to see this guy negotiating for the Lakers. "You're killing your father Larry!"

1 hour ago, roamyn said:

I told you the Cavs couldn't win this w/KD on the Warriors.  In truth, the Warriors are the 1997 Marlins.  Buying their way to a championship (w/KD).

I don't think that's a fair characterization. If anything, it's the Cavs, with LeBron's insistence, who have tried to buy a championship. They have the highest payroll in the league because LeBron wielded his opt out clause like a freakin' vorpal sword over Griffin and Gilbert to keep them spending money.

Golden State had a combination of luck and planning that allowed them to managed their cap in a totally different way that allowed them to sign KD. All of their best players way outperformed their draft position and Curry had an ankle injury that limited his bargaining power going into his first free agent contract. It will be interesting to see how they move forward as everyone wants to get paid.

• Love 4