Type keyword(s) to search

The NBA

xaxat
  • Start Topic

Pacers gave them a game and I expect this series to be closer than many expect.  Most of the "experts" are picking a 4 or 5 game series. 

He has his problems but Lance Stephenson does upgrade  the second unit significantly. 

Also Glenn Robinson III has been out and is nearing a return, also would add to the Pacers chances. 

I don't think the Pacers will win, but I am guessing this series goes 6 or 7 games. 

• Love 1

I am glad that Lance is back. I have always felt that he fits best as a Pacer.  He brings good energy to the team and they have been playing better since he came back to the team. I would have liked to have seen the Pacers get that win the other day. Paul George, and Lance played well but players like Jeff Teague need to step it up.  I hope they will win at least a couple of games in this series. I think that the Cavs may end up struggling some in the playoffs. They barely won yesterday's game and I think they have been working hard to try and get wins. I think they could struggle in matchups with tougher teams.

Also, I was impressed with the Bucks winning over the Raptors. I was very impressed with Giannis. Jason Kidd has done a nice job turning things around for that young Bucks team and developing them. I am interested in seeing how they end up faring in these playoffs. 

I am not surprised that the Spurs beat the Grizzlies in the manner they did. Some people were predicting that the Spurs would lose to the Grizzlies, but I do not believe that is the case. I think that the Grizzlies have been underachieving this year. I think that the Clippers/Jazz series could go either way, though I was leaning a little more towards the Clippers because they have been to the second round multiple times in recent years. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Jazz won the series and I thought they did a good job of getting the win especially after Rudy Gobert went down. 

I am looking forward to day 2 of the playoffs today and seeing what happens. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1

The Stephenson signing may help to keep Paul George as well long term.  He and George seem to get along well and have a long history together, same draft class.  Most of the other players George was with in his early years with the team are gone.  Maybe all of them. 

I still suspect though Paul George ends up with the Lakers either this offseason or next though. 

And lets face it, even as a fan of the team, I have to say, the current Pacers without Stephenson have little identity and no spark to them.  They are a nice team with one superstar in George, other than that, kind of blah.  At least Lance makes them a bit interesting and more entertaining. 

• Love 1

A few surprises in the first games.  Didnt think the Bucks were going to win...and if I remember correctly the score wasnt even close.  Great game by the Jazz and Joe Johnson.  Would not be surprised if the Jazz won that series even without Gobbert.  I dont like the Clippers and if they get bounced out of the 1st or even 2nd round it would be time to blow it up.

The early game today ended as expected but kudos to Dame and CJ for at least making it competitive for 3 and 1/2 quarters.  I really hope one day they can get a 3rd bonafide star to help them.  They deserve some success.  Im looking forward to when they get over the Warrior hump.  Not that i hate the Warriors or anything but it would just be a typical transition of powers...like Detroit to Bulls during the Jordan years. I guess the biggest problem is the Warriors for the most part are just as young as those guys in Portland....and if the Warriors can figure out upcoming contracts then the core of that team might be in tact for a good while.

I feel so awful for Isaiah Thomas.  Its crazy how life is sometimes.  He's established himself as a star while guiding his team to a #1 seed...and then his baby sister dies in a car crash the day before his playoffs start.  I mean sheesh. I dont know how he's going to pull it together.  They kept the game close but I didnt really see much intensity from anybody on the Celtics.  Hopefully they can rebound in game 2.

• Love 2

That was pretty rough loss for OKC against the Rockets tonight. I honestly think they could get swept by the Rockets. I didn't like this matchup from the get go and I was very disappointed with how the Thunder played tonight. Almost all of them played poorly except Andre Robinson.  Kanter was terrible defensively, Oladipo didn't score hardly any points, Russ had too many turnovers, Taj and Steven Adams could have done better with rebounding, etc.... Billy Donovan also didn't seem to care to try and get them to play better. The loss tonight would have actually been worse had the Rockets not missed a lot of shots during the first half.

Also, I thought that John Wall and the Wizards did a nice job of getting the win against Atlanta today. The Blazers/Warriors game was more competitive than I Thought it would be and I appreciated how hard and well CJ McCollum played. He was great. I hope the Blazers win at least a game or two in that series. The Celtics played with low energy against the Bulls, but I can understand why. I hope they are able to rebound and have a good game 2.

Edited by Jx223

Man.  I hope the Celtics players do not listen to sports media so they aren't beaten over the head with how terrible they are.  God.  It's a bloodbath and I actually feel badly for them.

I mean, yeah I suppose you could add the qualifiers that the Cavs weren't actually trying that hard and it's the East, but Boston is still the one seed so during the regular season they must not have been the worst top team of all time in the history of the world.  Even if Cleveland had turned on the jets at the end, Boston would still be the two.

The Blazers/Warriors game was more competitive than I Thought it would be and I appreciated how hard and well CJ McCollum played. He was great. I hope the Blazers win at least a game or two in that series.

After tonight's Game 2 beating, It is probably time for the Trail Blazers to start fishing because that series is basically over. In fact, the series has been over since the start of Game 1. That series has been a cakewalk for those Warriors. The only thing missing from this nap-inducing series is Stephen Curry making one of his buzzer-beaters & mocking the Trail Blazers doing it. Though, I'm certain that part will come in Game 3. 

Javale McGee had a very good game last night & I was not very happy about that. As if I need another reason why I want the Warriors to fail in June. 

I know that the Pacers would make things difficult, but I wish that the Cavaliers stop letting up in the 4th Quarter & letting them back in the game. A win is a win in the Playoffs, but they shouldn't make things difficult on themselves. The sleepwalking that this team been doing for the past 3 months should of been over once the Playoffs started & it is still going on. I want the Pacers to be put out of their misery ASAP & hopefully Game 3 will be the start of that. 

Edited by Magog
6 hours ago, Magog said:

After tonight's Game 2 beating, It is probably time for the Trail Blazers to start fishing because that series is basically over. In fact, the series has been over since the start of Game 1. That series has been a cakewalk for those Warriors. The only thing missing from this nap-inducing series is Stephen Curry making one of his buzzer-beaters & mocking the Trail Blazers doing it. Though, I'm certain that part will come in Game 3. 

Javale McGee had a very good game last night & I was not very happy about that. As if I need another reason why I want the Warriors to fail in June. 

I know that the Pacers would make things difficult, but I wish that the Cavaliers stop letting up in the 4th Quarter & letting them back in the game. A win is a win in the Playoffs, but they shouldn't make things difficult on themselves. The sleepwalking that this team been doing for the past 3 months should of been over once the Playoffs started & it is still going on. I want the Pacers to be put out of their misery ASAP & hopefully Game 3 will be the start of that. 

I had wanted to Blazers to win at least a game in this series, but I think they may end up getting swept. I also think that the Thunder are going to get swept. I think that last night's game against the Rockets, was about as good of a game as they are going to play in this series. Russ played great throughout most of the game but should have taken less shots in the fourth quarter. I do think he was trying to take over make something happen after the bench played poorly when he was sitting down.

The Thunder bench played terrible when he was sitting down and lost a 12pt lead and let the Rockets get back into the game. The Thunder don't really have any good scoring options outside of Russ. (Oladipo is inconsistent and Kanter plays bad defense) The game wasn't another blowout like I thought it would be but it was still another loss and I think that the Thunder will probably be knocked out of the playoffs on Sunday.

I also think that the Grizzlies are going to get swept and am concerned that Indiana may end up getting swept by the Cavs as well. (Though, I hope they can still win at least a game or maybe two.) I felt like Indy could have won the first two games, but just couldn't get enough production to pull off the wins. The Celtics may also end up getting swept, though I am really impressed by the Bulls and how veterans like Rondo and Dwyane Wade are playing. 

I think that the most interesting series in the first round are the Raptors/Bucks and Bulls/Celtics series.

Edited by Jx223

Even before Isaiah Thomas' sister died tragically, I thought the Celtics had as much chance of losing in the first round as playing in the conference finals. They're a lovable band of well-coached castoffs and never-weres but they were unwanted by other teams for a reason. I understand why Ainge didn't make a move this trade deadline as no rumored trade seemed appetizing at all.  It would be ignominious to be the first 1 seed to fall in the first round, certainly, but I can't hate the team or the management if that happens.  Maximizing a bunch of B+ to B- players can only take you so far. Hopefully cashing in the Brooklyn pick will change the makeup of team in the future. It might mean they have to move Thomas since the best players in the draft seem to be point guards. 

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, twoods said:

Come on, Pacers. They could be up 2-1 or even 3-0 in this series if they kept their lead. Poor Paul George.

That was a very disappointing loss by the Pacers. They were playing so well and had good energy in the first half. Myles was also getting involved. But they lost their confidence in the second half and they lost that big lead. LeBron also played well and brought the Cavs back. I also think that if the Pacers had played a little better in this series, they might be up in this series. Now I think they may end up getting swept. 

• Love 1

I have to be honest. I've almost gave up at halftime (being down 25) & was about to call it another sleepwalking-type loss. Thankfully, LeBron brought them back from the dead & lead the Cavaliers to a big time victory. Hopefully, the Cavaliers will just make it easy on themselves tomorrow & put the Pacers away. 

I don't know where Paul George could be going next season, but for all his chirping about his teammates in the first 2 games of this series, a real superstar (that he claims to be) would of found a way to get them home with a victory in Game 3. I'm sure that Magic Johnson & the Lakers were thrilled having their future teammate help piss that game away. 

Edited for last night:

After last night's Trail Blazers meltdown (blowing a 16 point lead in the 3rd Quarter which just about everybody saw coming & losing), they might as well start going fishing right now. They should of started it once Game 1 got underway. I hope that the Jazz - Clippers winner start preparing for that massacre that those Warriors are going to give them.

Edited by Magog

I wish the Pacers hadn't got swept, but I was afraid that was going to happen. Lance played well, but the team couldn't get it done as a whole. 

I am concerned that OKC may end up having a quick first round exit as well.

I thought that last night's Grizzles/Spurs game ended up being good. Kawhi was excellent and did everything he could to help the team but the Grizzlies did a nice job of getting that win at the end. After their first two losses, I thought that Grizzlies were going to get swept. But they have done a nice job of turning their matchup into a series.

I also wish that Portland would have won last night's game but the Golden State Warriors are just too much to overcome for most teams, even without Kevin Durant. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1

Pacers can't close games, never could all year. 

Lance played very well. 

Unfortunately Turner did not, played horrible.  And none of the other guys played well enough to win. 

Made a bad decision at coach last year.  Not necessarily in changing coaches, but in who they hired. McMillan adds nothing. 

Pacers are in a tough spot right now.  And its really the same spot they have been in for years.  They aren't a bad team, they just aren't good enough to compete or win a title. 

And they are a small market.  They don't have a high draft pick.  They don't have pieces to trade to get better, unless they trade away their best player in Paul George, but then that's a step back. 

I don't have much confidence in PG staying with the team as is.  Bird has to make a choice to either try and make a free agent spash or big trade splash to become a contender to convince George to stay OR trade away George now to build for the future rather than risk losing him for nothing next offseason. 

This is a pivotal offseason for the team. 

• Love 1
On 4/23/2017 at 5:24 PM, DrSpaceman73 said:

Pacers are in a tough spot right now.  And its really the same spot they have been in for years.  They aren't a bad team, they just aren't good enough to compete or win a title.... 

I don't have much confidence in PG staying with the team as is.  Bird has to make a choice to either try and make a free agent spash or big trade splash to become a contender to convince George to stay OR trade away George now to build for the future rather than risk losing him for nothing next offseason. 

This is a pivotal offseason for the team. 

I think that Paul George will end up leaving but I hope that things eventually work out for the Pacers. Hopefully Myles Turner will grow and improve. I saw some flashes from him, maybe he will grow and mature into a better player. He's still young and has a chance to get better. It might take a while for them to rebuild but hopefully they will find a way to get better.

Also, I think that the second round of the playoffs won't end up being very interesting. The Warriors swept the Blazers last night and I think they will sweep the Clippers if they meet them in the second round. They may also sweep the Jazz, (I don't see the Jazz winning more than one game against them) The Warriors may sweep their way to the conference finals. The Bulls and Bucks are now struggling and may not make the second round.

I think the Bucks and/or Bulls would have made the second round interesting, but now I now think that both teams may not advance. The Bulls don't play nearly as good as they did before they lost Rondo and I think that the Bucks inexperience is starting to show. I think that Toronto won't really challenge the Cavs, and I think that the Wizards will beat the Celtics quickly. The only second round series that might be interesting is the Rockets against the Spurs/Grizzlies. Other than that, I think that the second round won't be that interesting.

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1

I am disappointed that OKC was eliminated from the playoffs even though I had figured Houston win. However OKC played close games with them and after watching them compete in games 2-5 I believe that OKC could have upset Houston had it not been for  poor choices made by the team and coach.  Maybe they will get a better seeding next year and go further in the playoffs. If Kanter and Oladipo hadn't missed so much time with injuries, I think that OKC would have been a 4th or 5th seed and gotten a more favorable matchup against a team like the Jazz (who they beat 3 times this year). I am happy that Russ had a great year though and I hope that the players on the team (especially the young ones) grow and improve.

I think that Boston will end up beating the Bulls, even though there are reports that Rondo is out of his cast and could technically appear in game 6. I also am interested in seeing what happens in the Grizzlies/Spurs series, which IMO has been the most competitive series in the first round.

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1

According to ESPN Larry Bird is stepping down as Pacers Presidents. I know that the Pacers have had struggles since he's been President but I do like him and will miss him as President. I wish him the best and wonder who will now take over for him in that role.

Edited by Jx223

Reports are Donnie Walsh is coming back for now as President and Kevin Pritchard will be the GM. 

I have been surprised about the criticism and negative comments about Bird's job performance among fans and in some articles.  I think he has done a solid job during his tenure.  Everyone makes mistakes, he has, but the team has been a solid performer for many years, he rebuilt them into a contender for a period of time. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Reports are Donnie Walsh is coming back for now as President and Kevin Pritchard will be the GM. 

I have been surprised about the criticism and negative comments about Bird's job performance among fans and in some articles.  I think he has done a solid job during his tenure.  Everyone makes mistakes, he has, but the team has been a solid performer for many years, he rebuilt them into a contender for a period of time. 

Not to mention Larry seems to genuinely care about the players and wants them to succeed. He has shown support for Pacers like Lance Stephenson(even after Lance left Indy) and I believe he wants Paul George to be happy and successful with the Pacers. I think he's been solid too. But maybe (especially in light of their recent struggles) he's felt he's taken them as far as he can take them. And he has decided to turn the reigns over to somemone else. I also think he feels Paul George is leaving and may not want to go into the rebuilding mode they will probably have to go through once he leaves.

Edited by Jx223

I haven't heard anything about the Cavaliers resting all week after they took care of the Pacers. I'm pretty shocked about that. 

Speaking of the Pacers, why I am still seeing this Paul George commercial from Gatorade about him hitting a game-winning shot, despite him being very mediocre against the Cavaliers & failing in the clutch? I'm sure that the Lakers are looking forward to getting Paul George so that they see first-hand how he fails in the clutch. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igzyd0nnArk  (Paul George Gatorade commercial)

Game 7 (Jazz - Clippers) is tomorrow at 3:30 PM & those Warriors are licking their chops over that ass-whopping that they're going to give to the winner of that game. 

Edited by Magog
  • Love 2

I am glad that the Jazz won today against the Clippers. I think that the Warriors will definitely win the series against them in the next round, but I think they will be more competitive against the Warriors than the Clippers would have been. (Especially since Blake Griffin is out with injury). The Jazz may get swept against the Warriors but I hope they can win at least a game against them.

Paul Pierce played his final game today and I wish him the best in his future endeavors. He had a nice basketball career and I could see him doing well as an analyst. I liked when he worked as an analyst in the NBA playoffs last year.

Also, Boston had a good win today, but I hope that the Wizards bounce back in Game 2. I want the Wizards to win that series. I think that a Wizards/Cavs series will be more entertaining than a Cavs/Celtics series. I also hope that Markieff Morris injury isn't too serious and he is able to return. 

Edited by Jx223

I have just woken up from a nap thanks to those Warriors putting away the Jazz very early in game 1. That game was over by the end of 1st Quarter & this series will go the same way as the Trail Blazers series went. If the Jazz somehow win a game in this series, they should count their blessings. 

Frankly, I'm shocked that Mike Brown is still in the NBA & is basically the "de facto" coach for the Warriors. They don't need him around. Its not like he's bringing anything to the table for those Warriors (except a dunce cap for himself). 

Isaiah Thomas scored 53 points & basically willed the Celtics to a Game 2 victory. He's playing with emotion right now & I wouldn't be surprised if he finds a way to will the Celtics to another win in Game 3. 

As for Cavaliers, I'm happy that they weren't fooling around in Game 1 after the week off. Hopefully, they will keep it going in game 2. I'm sure that the Raptors will show up in Game 2. 

The Clippers are not cursed & I hope their falling flat on their faces against the Jazz will put an end to that. I think its about time Doc Rivers got fired for this debacle. Not even Carmelo Anthony possibly coming to the Clippers would help right this sunken ship.

IT has had to play through so much with his sister's fatal accident and his dental problems. He is a tough ballplayer and never flops nor makes excuses. 

I hope the Celtics go all the way.

• Love 1

Another day, another sweep for the  Cavs.  Another week off before the Eastern Finals.

Apparently they are the only team to sweep the first two series, three years in a row.  

More  LeBron records, including climbing past many of the current records.  He should sweep in MJ total playoff points, next series.

• Love 4

So Draymond Green is calling Kelly Olynyk a dirty player? 

Despite my dislike of the Celtics, that might be enough for me to root for them to get to the Finals just to see Olynyk kick Green in the nuts follow through on his shot.

• Love 1

Lol....thats not even the most hypocritical thing Draymond has said this week. I had to laugh at him criticising the Cavs competition in the East....when the Warriors have also been making quick work of their opponents.  Have they WON a game by less than 15 yet?

• Love 1
(edited)

Even though things were rough at the end of the 4th quarter/OT tonight, I thought that overall the Spurs/Rockets game was competitive. The Spurs did a nice job getting the win at the end with Kawhi on the bench. Manu made a good defensive play at the end. I had thought prior to this series that the Spurs were the better team and that they would win it. I think the Spurs are the only team left that could possibly beat and at the very least challenge the Warriors and Cavs. They have played good,competitive basketball in the playoffs. I actually think their series with the Grizzlies/and Rockets have been the best series of these playoffs so far. IMO  these playoffs have been rough and not the most entertaining, especially with all the sweeps that have happened. It was disappointing watching all those teams get swept.  

Also, I think that the Wizards will beat the Celtics. I think they are a better team than the Celtics are. I do admire how Isaiah Thomas has played especially given the tragedy he has endured. He is a strong guy and has been playing admirably. 

Edited by Jx223
(edited)

Even though things were rough at the end of the 4th quarter/OT tonight, I thought that overall the Spurs/Rockets game was competitive. The Spurs did a nice job getting the win at the end with Kawhi on the bench. Manu made a good defensive play at the end. I had thought prior to this series that the Spurs were the better team and that they would win it. I think the Spurs are the only team left that could possibly beat and at the very least challenge the Warriors and Cavs. They have played good,competitive basketball in the playoffs. I actually think their series with the Grizzlies/and Rockets have been the best series of these playoffs so far. IMO  these playoffs have been rough and not the most entertaining, especially with all the sweeps that have happened. It was disappointing watching all those teams get swept. 

That was a fun game to watch last night. I actually didn't fall asleep watching an NBA Playoff game for a change.  It is just too bad that those Warriors were licking their chops & laughing at them while watching this game. Both the Rockets & Spurs have no chance of beating the Warriors. Unlike the Trail Blazers & Jazz, both of them might actually win a game against the Warriors.

The Cavaliers are having another week off & I'm sure they're enjoying the Celtics - Wizards basically killing each other. 

Edited by Magog
(edited)

That was a rough loss for the Rockets. From the beginning of the game, I thought that they weren't playing with urgency. They seemed like they had resigned themselves to losing and wanted the series to end. James didn't play with much energy tonight, I wonder if he was tired from all the work he has been doing all season long. Even though he had a rough night tonight, he still had a great season overall. 

I thought that the Spurs played very well tonight. It was impressive how they played, especially without Kawhi. Players like Lamarcus Aldridge did a good job of showing up tonight and helping the team win. I want to see him continue to play like this. I think they have a shot of possibly beating the Warriors if they continue to play like this and can get Kawhi back. Even though it may have to go to 7 games in order for them to possibly do that. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1

I am glad that the Wizards won game 6 tonight and we will get a game 7 in this series with Boston. John Wall was clutch at the end and Bradley Beal played well.  Though with the way this series has been going and the Wizards being unable to win on the road, the Celtics may end up winning game 7. I do hope that the Wizards somehow end up winning Game 7. 

• Love 2

I am glad that the Wizards won game 6 tonight and we will get a game 7 in this series with Boston. John Wall was clutch at the end and Bradley Beal played well.  Though with the way this series has been going and the Wizards being unable to win on the road, the Celtics may end up winning game 7. I do hope that the Wizards somehow end up winning Game 7. 

That means Cleveland get several more days off. Certainly, they will have more than enough rest to take care of whoever wins Monday Night. BTW, I enjoyed last night's game. 

I can't imagine how James Harden feels right now. Its bad enough that he basically didn't show up in Game 6 & his team got their ass kicked. Now, Stephen A Smith is saying that he flat out quit. I don't know if he could recover from this debacle. I'm certain that those Warriors are laughing at him right now & are certainly looking forward to giving the Spurs that ass whooping. If this upcoming series goes 6 games, it would be somewhat of a miracle.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Jx223 said:

I went to the game last night.  After many ups and downs, the end was really exciting!! I hope I get to go to a game or 2 in the next round...

• Love 2
(edited)

I hope Kawhi ends up being okay but he definitely looked like he was in a quite a bit of pain after he injured himself in today's game. The Spurs started out playing well but things definitely changed after Kawhi's injury. Prior to that I thought that the Spurs did a nice job dominating the Warriors. I believe they would have won that game had Kawhi not been injured. And I believed prior to today's game that they had a chance of beating the Warriors and the Cavs. But that may change depending on what is going on with Kawhi's injury.

I have never been a Spurs fan, but I will root for them over the Warriors. I have come to the point to where I find the Warriors very unlikeable for multiple reasons. I do have my favorites like (the Pacers) but I am also a basketball fan in general and can and do appreciate multiple teams.  But I do not like the Warriors right now. They have acted cocky and dirty several times (and they were setting several illegal screens in today's game.) And I don't care for the way that Kevin Durant has been chirping like he didn't join a 73 win team with 3 all stars. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 2
(edited)

Only at Oracle do fans get craze when their team gets consecutive buckets while down by twenty. Because that might be the beginning of a 18-0 run. . . against anyone.

Edited by xaxat
33 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

If Leonard can't go, the Spurs are done. The Warriors aren't the Rockets. 

I wonder how bad Kawhi's injury is. I hope it's not season ending. If there is a chance he can come back in this series, maybe they should rest him until game 4, which isn't until Monday. That would give him at least a week to rest. Granted that could put the Spurs at risk for a sweep, but maybe they can win at least one game (like game 3 in San Antonio) to help keep their chances alive.  It's definitely important that they try and look out for Kawhi's health.  There is a three day break for both teams in between Games 2 and 3. And if there were to be a game 7, that isn't until two weeks from now. So there is some room for Kawhi to rest in there, if the Spurs can at least win a game or two without him. They did play pretty well against the Rockets in Game 6 when Kawhi sat out the entire game. Maybe they can do that again in a game while he gets some rest and tries and heal up.

I hope that Kawhi ends up being okay. I also hope this series doesn't end up being another sweep for the Warriors. These playoffs have not been that entertaining this year, one reason because of all of these sweeps, IMHO.

• Love 1

A second 25 point comeback in the playoffs in a few weeks. 

Other than that, yes, these playoffs have been a bore. 

I am not a Lebron fan, but the way he is playing now, I can't see Wash or Boston giving them much of a series

• Love 1
(edited)
24 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

A second 25 point comeback in the playoffs in a few weeks. 

Other than that, yes, these playoffs have been a bore. 

I am not a Lebron fan, but the way he is playing now, I can't see Wash or Boston giving them much of a series

We've only had a few interesting games in these entire playoffs. I thought that Game 5 of Rockets/San Antonio and Game 6 of Wizards/Celtics were interesting games. Other than that most of the games have not been interesting. 

Maybe if Wizards can advance they can win at least a game against the Cavs. I think they have a better shot against the Cavs than the Celtics. Though I do believe that the Cavs will win against the Wizards/Celtics and it could be a shorter series.

Also, Kawhi is supposed to get an MRI on his ankle this evening and he said it's very painful. I think that it's possible that if he can come back in this series, it's best if he gets a couple of games off.  He might be best taking off games 2 and 3, even though that could put the Spurs at the risk for a sweep. 

If he can come back, I think that the Spurs could still make things interesting with the Warriors. The Warriors did barely win today even though Kawhi ended up exiting the game and KD and Steph put up over 70 points together. I think that the Warriors can be beaten with a healthier Spurs or possibly the Cavs if enough players step up and help out LeBron. I think that Kyrie will step up and help like he did last year, but others need to help as well. Especially with the addition of KD this year. Kevin Durant is so efficient, the Warriors would be more beatable without him. He has helped carry the Warriors during times they have struggled this year.

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1