Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
xaxat

The NBA

Tonight is the NBA Draft. I'm going to feel very sorry for whoever goes #3 in the Draft because he is going to be a part of a sad excuse of an NBA Franchise. 6, 7, & 9 (whoever they are) will deserve even more sympathy.

I have to hope that whoever is pick #5 does not suck. I already have very low expectations for Collin Sexton as it is. 

Edited by Magog
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Gurkel said:

Professional athletes are high-paid employees.

*contract* employees. That's a whole different story. They get to market themselves for better opportunities, to play closer to home, whatever. 

• Like 3

My husband, bless his heart, cares not a whit for the minutiae of sports.  He wanders in when the draft is starting and says “where do you think Zion is going?”

I said well New Orleans won the lottery so they will pick him.  He looks at me askance and says “wait he doesn’t get to pick where he goes?” and I had to explain the draft all over again.

I love Zion.  I suppose I will learn to love the “Pels” (seriously, WTF is up with that) too.  I hope everyone remembers that he is a giant human who is still a kid.

Jay Bilas hasn’t said high motor or wingspan yet and I really want a drink, so let’s get on that Jay.

I feel badly for the kid from the Republic of Georgia who has to travel with his agents instead of family.

Edited by mojoween
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Ja Morant's dad has got a sweet hat.

2 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I feel badly for the kid from the Republic of Georgia who has to travel with his agents instead of family.

I was thinking the same thing. 

ESPN needs different draft tones because every single time I hear them I think they are going to announce an NFL pick.

It is very upsetting that the parents of these kids are my age...or YOUNGER.  

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

3 hours ago, Maximum Taco said:

I'm so sorry RJ. You are a good Canadian kid who deserves more then the fiery crash that is the New York Knicks. 

Stay strong buddy. This too shall pass. 

He seemed pretty happy, and has been lobbying hard to go there ever since the Lottery was decided. I'm sure he'll be just fine.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering where Zion ends up in four years, after labouring away in a city that would trample him into the dirt just to get a look at Drew Brees or Archie Manning in the distance.

Edited by Danny Franks

8 minutes ago, Danny Franks said:

He seemed pretty happy, and has been lobbying hard to go there ever since the Lottery was decided. I'm sure he'll be just fine.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering where Zion ends up in four years, after labouring away in a city that would trample him into the dirt just to get a look at Drew Brees or Archie Manning in the distance.

I was just making a joke about the Knicks. 

Yeah I know he's pretty happy to go there. Apparently his grandpa was a big Knicks fan and he always dreamed of RJ playing for them. Hopefully it works out for him there. 

Edited by Maximum Taco

My expectations for Collin Sexton is very low to begin with & now my expectations for some guy from Vanderbilt  (PG Darius Garland) is absolutely rock bottom. I can't find a good reason to get even remotely excited about him. 

As for RJ Barrett, he is going to need all the luck he can get playing for that dumpster fire of a franchise (Knicks). Even if he became a good NBA player in the future, the Knicks will find a way to mess it up like they always do. Either on or off the court, the Knicks will find a way to mess it up. 

Edited by Magog