Type keyword(s) to search

The NBA

xaxat
  • Start Topic

Celtics' Kemba Walker ran headfirst into a teammate and fell to the ground in Denver. He was boarded with his neck stabilized and taken off the court. Very scary.

UPDATE: Woj says concussion like symptoms rather than something like a broken neck, which is great news considering.

Edited by Fukui San
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Woooooow.

I was watching the Duke game last night so just saw a quick gif on Twitter of Harden’s basket/non-basket and then a bunch of tweets about OT.  So I thought that was the last play of the game and that caused OT.

But then this morning I find out there were almost EIGHT minutes left (!) AND the score was 102-89 (!!!) AND somehow the Rockets feel this is the NBA’s fault?!?

FOH with that nonsense.  THEY melted down and are pointing fingers in every direction but their own.  I hope Silver does send the memo that simply says “LOL no”.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 7

NBA League pass is having another free trial this week. You can watch it on your cable/satellite provider or free on NBA.com. (If or when you sign up for a free NBA account.) It's free until December 19th. I am looking forward to checking out the different games.

Edited by Jx223
  • Useful 2

Tonight, the Clippers were up by 15 at halftime (69-54) & found a way to blow it to that chump James Harden & the scummy Rockets (122-117). Thankfully, James Harden didn't get 40 or more points tonight (he scored 28). You wonder why this clown didn't have that same energy on those Warriors in the Playoffs in the past few seasons. This guy is just as irritating & full of himself like Stephen Curry. I'm certain that James Harden will find a way to mess up in the Playoffs like he always does. At least, he won't blow it on those Warriors this time around. 

The Lakers-Bucks was kind of fun to watch, even though it means nothing. 

5 hours ago, Magog said:

Tonight, the Clippers were up by 15 at halftime (69-54) & found a way to blow it to that chump James Harden & the scummy Rockets (122-117). Thankfully, James Harden didn't get 40 or more points tonight (he scored 28). You wonder why this clown didn't have that same energy on those Warriors in the Playoffs in the past few seasons. This guy is just as irritating & full of himself like Stephen Curry. I'm certain that James Harden will find a way to mess up in the Playoffs like he always does. At least, he won't blow it on those Warriors this time around. 

The Lakers-Bucks was kind of fun to watch, even though it means nothing. 

I think James Harden is a great regular season player but is a consummate underachiever in the playoffs. 

He was the Pete Rozelle of the NBA. He led it from the niche sport it was to the global juggernaut it has become. The NFL is the biggest league in America, but Worldwide? I would say it's up there with the EPL as the most popular sports league in the world.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Not surprising, because I knew that he was sick for a long time now.

He had a brain hemmorhage about a month ago. It appears that he never recovered from that. I never heard that he'd been released from the hospital since he was admitted.

• Love 1

I didn't agree with everything Stern did, but he was definitely one of the most influential individuals in the history of all sports and the league is much better because of his tenure.

My favorite memory of him is 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Last night's games were pretty interesting. Damian Lillard scored 61 on those Warriors in a very entertaining win for the Trail Blazers (129-124 in Overtime). Mr. Happy Go Lucky was being his usual smug self cheerleading while trying like hell to will those Warriors to a win. Thankfully, they failed.

The Rockets were up by 15 about halfway through the 4th Quarter against the Thunder & those losers found a way to throw that game away by losing 112-107. That chump James Harden went 1-17 from 3 point range & he couldn't get a basket for the Rockets when they needed it most. It put a smile on my face seeing James Harden & those not worth a damn Rockets choke that game away. I'm going to enjoy those losers going down in flames in the first round in the Playoffs. 

Frankly, I rather watched Bronny play than James Harden. At least, Bronny won't irritated me & be a smug self-serving overrated jackass like James Harden. Bronny will definitely be better than James Harden when he gets to the NBA. 

The Lakers - Celtics was nap-inducing with the Celtics beating them up 135-107.  I only give a damn about this game because of LeBron & he had an off night (15). 

BTW, Zion Williamson will make his NBA debut with the Pelicans on Wednesday Night against the Spurs on ESPN. 

Edited by Magog
15 hours ago, mojoween said:

It’s Z Day!

I don’t care anything about the Pelicans or the Spurs yet I am going to watch anyways!

The game was somewhat fun to watch. Zion Williamson got off to a slow start (5 points in 3 quarters). But, he really got it going in the 4th quarter by scoring 17 points, making 4 3-pointers, & bringing some energy to the building. His burst of energy put the Pelicans in position to win the game. Sadly, the loser coach sat him down halfway through the 4th quarter & the Pelicans end up losing to the Spurs 121-117. Frankly, that loser coach should of left Zion in the game to help them try to win it. It would of been good for Zion to experience that so he can help the Pelicans in these situations in the future. Overall, Zion Williamson did all right (22 points) & hopefully, there will be more of this in the future.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, mojoween said:

Of COURSE all the good stuff happened after I fell asleep.

It gets better. Zion Williamson made more 3 pointers in his first NBA game last night (4) than that loser Ben Simmons made in his entire career (2).

NBA League pass is free again this week. I just found out today. Sometimes I don't really see the commercial for the free trial until like a few days after it begins, lol.) The free trial is happening until Sunday the 26th. I am looking forward to watching the different games, even more so now because there is no football this weekend and football is almost coming to an end. As always people can watch free with their satellite/cable provider or online with a free NBA.com account.

Edited by Jx223
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Damn. I just found out about it a moment ago.  And he was in Philadelphia last night watching Le Bron pass him on the NBA All Time scoring list. That is down right sad. 

Edited by Magog
3 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

I haven’t heard anyone’s name but Kobe’s, but the report I read said five people and no survivors.  😢

This is what I've seen as well. How terrible. He is only 41. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

The news is saying that his kids were also on board? Oh my gosh. That's horrible.

I thought that's what I heard the ABC announcer say but I'm praying he got that wrong. 

• Love 3

If the report I read is correct, Kobe and his 13 year old daughter, another parent and child, and the pilot.  Apparently they were heading to a travel basketball game.  Just heartbreaking.

As a Lakers fan I’m absolutely gutted. I remember where I was when I heard that Magic had HIV, and I will always remember when hubby broke the news and I didn’t believe him. And to find out his daughter and her friend were on the helicopter as well...I can’t imagine how how wife and daughters are dealing with all this. RIP Mamba- thank you for all the wonderful Lakers memories.

So I'll be the turd in the punchbowl. All of the news is about how great and wonderful Kobe was. Sure, he was a phenomenally talented athlete and apparently supported good causes. But he was also, in my opinion, a rapist who got a pass, in part because of his fame, and in part because women who have the courage to report rape are routinely dismissed as liars. In this case, she was vilified as a greedy, lying opportunist who was probably mentally ill. In fact, IMO, she was a nineteen year old who was raped by a man who likely felt entitled to do what he wanted because hey, he was a superstar. She was smeared publicly in a way that certainly inhibited other women (and men) from reporting sexual assaults.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/kobe-bryants-rape-charge-i-885653

Condolences to his family, especially for the loss of an innocent child if that is accurate. But today I'm thinking of that nineteen year old he raped in 2003 and wondering how she feels today at hearing over and over again what a wonderful man he was.

Edited by Ashforth
  • Love 21

I feel so sorry for Vanessa, losing her child and her husband.  My prayers go out to her and her family, and the other people who lost loved ones on that helicopter.

Edited by Ohwell
37 minutes ago, Ashforth said:

So I'll be the turd in the punchbowl. All of the news is about how great and wonderful Kobe was. Sure, he was a phenomenally talented athlete and apparently supported good causes. But he was also, in my opinion, a rapist who got a pass, in part because of his fame, and in part because women who have the courage to report rape are routinely dismissed as liars. In this case, she was vilified as a greedy, lying opportunist who was probably mentally ill. She was a nineteen year old who was raped by a man who likely felt entitled to do what he wanted because hey, he was a superstar. She was smeared publicly in a way that certainly inhibited other women (and men) from reporting sexual assaults.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/kobe-bryants-rape-charge-i-885653

Condolences to his family, especially for the loss of an innocent child if that is accurate. But today I'm thinking of that nineteen year old he raped in 2003 and wondering how she feels today at hearing over and over again what a wonderful man he was.

Trust me, that's been on my mind as well. I've never forgotten what happened in 2003. That's why I was never a big fan of his. At best, he cheated on his wife. At worst, he was a rapist. 

Still, what happened is a tragedy - especially for the two little girls who were aboard. All my love and prayers go out to the families of those who died. 😢💔

• Love 12

I went out to get pizza and the Pro Bowl was on and I came home to a press conference where an official guy said nine people died but they are not releasing ANY names, so where did the first news come from that it was Kobe?  I am so confused.

4 minutes ago, mojoween said:

so where did the first news come from that it was Kobe?

TMZ first reported it hours ago and multiple news sources confirmed it. Considering Kobe and his daughter were on their way to a kids' basketball tournament and they never showed, I'd say it's pretty much confirmation that the news is true. 

My guess is the county sheriff's office is not confirming any name until they can confirm the names and identities of all nine individuals. But yeah I'd say it's more or less confirmed that he and his daughter were killed. 

Edited by truthaboutluv