Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:06 AM, Haleth said:

Good thing it wasn't this cruise.

That rowdy family was threatening passengers to the point they were afraid to leave their cabins.  When people demanded a refund for a ruined cruise, they were offered 25% off the next one.  I don't think I'd want to do a next one.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, funky-rat said:

That rowdy family was threatening passengers to the point they were afraid to leave their cabins.  When people demanded a refund for a ruined cruise, they were offered 25% off the next one.  I don't think I'd want to do a next one.

Yeah, that's why I want Shaq on my cruise. He'd never put up with that crap.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

You couldn't pay me to go on a Carnival cruise.

Cruises as a whole just don't appeal to me.  Maybe it's because a lot of their destinations are tropical, and I hate heat, but I can't stand drunks, and it appears that the booze flows through a fire hose on those cruises.  Maybe a smaller boutique type cruise line to somewhere like Europe, or Canada, or Alaska.  Maybe then, but I'm sure it's probably ludicrously expensive.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, funky-rat said:

and it appears that the booze flows through a fire hose on those cruises. 

Only if you're willing to pay for it, and it isn't cheap. The 1 Carnival cruise we took for a week offered a package for 15 drinks a day, but both people in the cabin had to buy it at almost $500 each. So that's almost $1,000 for free drinks. Buying by the glass was not cheap either.

Edited by chessiegal
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

I still have no idea what he is advertising, and I’ve seen the ads about four times a night during the Olympics, but I’m not mad at having Common on my TV screen.

Okay, I am having no luck googling "common".  Can you tell anything else about these ads?

17 hours ago, funky-rat said:

Cruises as a whole just don't appeal to me.  Maybe it's because a lot of their destinations are tropical, and I hate heat, but I can't stand drunks, and it appears that the booze flows through a fire hose on those cruises.  Maybe a smaller boutique type cruise line to somewhere like Europe, or Canada, or Alaska.  Maybe then, but I'm sure it's probably ludicrously expensive.

A friend of mine just got back from a  "repositioning cruise", when the ship has to make a transatlantic crossing at the end of a tour season. It's longer than the usual cruise but also cheaper, even including the plane flight to get back across the ocean.

• Love 1

My late mom & I took a "repositioning" cruise once. The Nieuw Amsterdam had finished up its summer Alaskan cruises and was moving to S. Florida for the winter Caribbean cruises, so we took the 18-day cruise from San Francisco, through the Panama Canal & ended up (go figure) in New Orleans. They were going to go next from NOLA on a 10-day Caribbean cruise, ending up in Ft. Lauderdale, which would then be Home Port for the winter.  I did NOT want to get off that ship. I had the best time flirting with all the crew.  :-D  (99% of the passengers were retirees - I was probably the youngest passenger on the whole cruise. There wasn't a whole lot of sloppy drinking.)

But if I ever go on another cruise, I wanna take one of those small ships on the Snake and/or Columbia rivers in the NW USA.  Or the Delta Queen up/down the Mississippi.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Only if you're willing to pay for it, and it isn't cheap. The 1 Carnival cruise we took for a week offered a package for 15 drinks a day, but both people in the cabin had to buy it at almost $500 each. So that's almost $1,000 for free drinks. Buying by the glass was not cheap either.

Neither my husband nor I drink alcohol.  Are non-alcoholic drinks also an add-on?

6 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

Yes. And you can buy a package for that if you don't want to buy by the glass.

That's a turn-off for me.  We like to stay with a resort chain that's near to us.  They give non-alcoholic beverages with meals (they include breakfast and supper - lunch is on your dime, but we find that if we go to a late sitting, we can get by without lunch), but for any entertainment, you have to buy them, and at bar prices (ie: $2 for a diet soda that amounts to maybe a can).  They also encourage over-drinking by advising people to BYOB and drink in their rooms, so people drink it up all day, and show up for dinner or entertainment/activities drunk.  They have signs up about not serving visibly intoxicated people, but they do anyway, and they get very disruptive.  It's gradually turned us off of going a lot of places - even concerts and the like.  Boozing it up is getting increasingly off the charts.  I guess people had to replace smoking with another vice.

• Love 3

I love all the Cheez-It commercials where the big wheel of cheese is not mature enough to be used in crackers. He really is a smart ass wheel of cheese, isn't he?! I love the voice of the cheese and the frustration of the evaluation guy in the lab coat. Well done on getting their point across!

Edited by Spunkygal
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Spunkygal said:

I love all the Cheez-It commercials where the big wheel of cheese is not mature enough to be used in crackers. He really is a smart ass wheel of cheese, isn't he?! I love the voice of the cheese and the frustration of the evaluation guy in the lab coat. Well done on getting their point across!

I'm a sucker for jokes six year olds tell.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Spunkygal said:

I like those too.  Much better at getting the point across without being annoying (looking at you, Lactaid ads.....)

• Love 4
(edited)

Xaxat: my grandfather's favorite joke, I was probably 8, so this may be right up your ally.

Boy: Mom, is Rotterdam a bad word?

Mom: No why?

Boy: Well, sister ate all my candy and I wish it would Rotterdam teeth out.

Edited by friendperidot
spelling/typo
  • Love 7
35 minutes ago, friendperidot said:

Xaxat: my grandfather's favorite joke, I was probably 8, so this may be right up your ally.

I used to have that jokebook!

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, LillyB said:

I love the new milk ad in which it seems that milk at bedtime gives one happy dreams.

The one with crowds being machine gunned?  I loathe that ad and think whoever approved it should be burned in the flames of a million burning nuns.

On 2/28/2018 at 8:19 PM, friendperidot said:

When my daughter was young she used to ask us why baby ducks walk softly, when we would ask why she'd say "because they can't walk at all, hardly" and she would laugh like it was the best joke ever told.  We still tell that "joke" and she is in her 30s now. 

• Love 6

That catchy Levis ad isn't going to make me buy their jeans, but you can bet Jain's debut album with "Makeba" is going to be my first iTunes purchase when I get my new laptop up and running.

• Love 8
On 3/2/2018 at 5:25 PM, meep.meep said:

My new favorite are the ones with Josh Duhamel for Taco Bell's  Nacho Fries as he becomes increasingly more concerned about the Burger guys.  Way to commit to a role!

I always shout "THEY!!" at the same time he does.

I love the annual Reese's commercial with the chocolate easter bunny romancing the peanut butter jar to "Let's Get It On" and then the Peanut Butter Eggs come to be. It makes me laugh every time.

• Love 6

This one has come on as a Youtube ad for me twice now. Pretty amusing, to the point that I didn't click 'Skip' either time!

But then, I will forever have a weakness for silly disaster movies, and parodies thereof. Pity that I'm not in Nike's target market (I'm a hiker, not a runner, and even for that I never bother with actual hiking boots or other Designated Athletic Foorwear).

• Love 5

The flea collar commercial where a dog keeps showing up at the back porch with random things he swiped cracks me up at the end, because he shows up with someone's bikini top.

• Love 15
10 hours ago, kariyaki said:

The flea collar commercial where a dog keeps showing up at the back porch with random things he swiped cracks me up at the end, because he shows up with someone's bikini top.

I was told a story a long time ago about a dog who kept showing up with stuff.  One day he came home dragging someone's carpet.  It still makes me laugh.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Does anyone know the name of the dude with the crazy hair on the left of the new Geico commercial?  He looks like a friend of Bethenny who used to go "eating" with her.  Anyone?

You'll have to describe the commercial, since Geico has so many. If you check iSpot.tv for it they might have the name of the actor.

33 minutes ago, InDueTime said:

You'll have to describe the commercial, since Geico has so many. If you check iSpot.tv for it they might have the name of the actor.

Thanks ... I found the commercial (about furniture assembly).  The actor is Nicholas Feitel (sp?) a friend of Bethenny Frankel (just as I thought).